U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,136 reviews matching the search
Teamwork
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  HSC, HHB, I CORPS, Fort Lewis, WA 98433July 25, 2016
I worked in the United States Armed Forces, one of the best jobs I ever had. I had trained, mentored, coached and lead Soldiers over 15+ years in different locations in the USA and over 4 Deployments on combat and support our troops in logistics. Teamwork is at plus, nothing get accomplished with out a good leadership. A typical day is to start with a 15 minutes meeting to brief my Soldiers in the tasking and how those tasking are going to be complete, is very important to assigned every Soldier to the tasks. After the day is done, I review it, but is important to lead and teach to let Soldiers know how the task is done.
Pros
Soldiers learn to become the best leaders
Army
Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJuly 25, 2016
It was alright, never got to do the job you signed up for though, wouldn't trade it for the world. met some real cool people. But had to deal with some real dumb stuff, and you're treated like youre a little kid.
N/a
Patriot Missile Operator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 25, 2016
I learned most of how good of patience I have. I met a lot of good people and had a pleasure of working with them and growing with them.
Pros
lunch, days off
Cons
miscommunication, last minute details
excellent assisted living center
Trained as a Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 25, 2016
The workers were great team members and put the patients first. I was sad to leave but felt serving my country was more important.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
often was called in after hours to help with problems
Productive, respectable work envoirnment
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft.Leonardwood,MOJuly 25, 2016
Serving time in the service taught me the importance of hard work, respect, attention to deal, along with other core values I've attained.The work day constantly varies, always interesting.
Extremely Micromanaged
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 25, 2016
The work is too easy. All you have to do is be at the correct place at the correct time in the correct uniform. Generally the people you work with are amazing. Good leadership is hard to find.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Micromanagment
Working in the Army
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 25, 2016
Starting a day like no other doing what is expected of the employee. I learned a lot of things most important once is how to get job done by working as a team. and keeping the environment safe.
Military Service
AH-64D Apache Longbow Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 25, 2016
I am proud to have served with the best of the best! I think everyone that is able bodied should serve. It can really make your life much better if you pick the right job and get valued skills for when you get out of the military to prepare you for successful life as a civilian.
The best job in the world
Training Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft Gordon, GeorgiaJuly 25, 2016
I was able to travel the world, experience different cultures and meet people from all over the world. I am a people person, and this job was ideal for me. I had an amazing 15 year career that I wouldn't trade for anything.
Pros
Lived in Hawaii for two years.
Cons
Lived in Iraq for two years.
The Military was an honor. I served my country.
Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 25, 2016
Do to the constant time away from my family, I no longer have a wife, and I don't get to see my children often. I did what I had to, and got out.
Fun place to work at.
Florida national guard (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 25, 2016
Pt every morning, then start your work schedule or training or go to the field depending on what's scheduled.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Good experience too mature young adults.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 25, 2016
Life in the military was thoroughly simple and enjoyable. Be at the right time in the right place in the right uniform is a saying that you get taught early on in how to be successful, I'd say its true to this day. I learned how to cooperate with a lot of people from different and diverse backgrounds, though we may not get along or agree outside of work we were able to work effectively together. Leadership is a bit more touchy of a subject. Its hit or miss in the military, it just depends on how you adapt. A good commander is molded by his Non Commissioned Officers, so its imperative that they are competent and supportive. However if a leader has ineffective Non Commissioned Officers, everyone suffers. The hardest part of military life is always saying goodbye to loved ones for a set amount of time. I enjoyed the bonds of brotherhood I made during my military service.
Pros
Free Healthcare
Cons
changing workhours
perfection
Military (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJuly 25, 2016
very exhausting but an honor to serve this amazing country and to protect my fellow americans. Its not just a job I do its my life and I love doing it.
A lot of hard working
Ammunition Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJuly 24, 2016
worked minimum or 12 hour days and had to learn to be great under extreme stress and solve problems quickly. led soldiers well and learned a great deal from everyone i met.
Pros
stay in great shape
Cons
got injured on many occasions
Making a difference in the United States Army.
Fuel Systems Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is very diverse, and allows to travel, see the world, and meet people from different places. Comradery is also great, everyone from different walks of life working together to accomplish a common goal. There is no hard part to work The people you work with can make it hard if they are not cooperating and doing what needs to be done and in a timely manner. A typical day work involves the supervision of 181 personnel, managing them and making sure all tasks are completed before the close of business. I learned that integrity and honesty will take you a long way. The Army is built around trust, and if that trust is broken, the mission has failed.
Pros
Diversity, Travel, Benefits, Job Security.
Cons
Limited time with Family.
Got to travel to countries that was once in a life time chance
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJuly 24, 2016
Prepared and cooked food for up to 500 soldiers a day. How to cook in large quantities. Co-workers were great. Deployments. Serving my country.
Pros
the job security, and health benefits
Cons
Deploying to war zones.
Not for me
15D Aircraft powertrain repairer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 24, 2016
I really enjoy my job in the army, but the army is not for me. There is way to much lack of communication, last second changes, and too many people think they are owed something just for doing their job.
Great!
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 24, 2016
Being in the army taught me 5 great skills: Communication, Leadership, Great Work Ethic, Management, And Organization.
hard but fair work place
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCJuly 24, 2016
It was a great life, just wasn't for me. received a unconditional, general discharge, can show paperwork upon interview.
Structured, Orderly, Demanding, Fun, Productive, Family, Uniformed
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 24, 2016
A typical day in the Army, would be to get orders and execute those orders in a safe and orderly manner as possible. Serve in in Combat during War. I learned how to be a better person, be dependable, structured, time management. the hardest part of the job is when deployed being away from family for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of being the Army is building a brother/sister hood with your fellow conrads.

4.4