U.S. Army
22,187 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Best working place
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: No mayor problems or conflict
I always been busy , all days as different manner doing the shop duties. Ilearn how to deal with day to day differents mechanical problems .
Excellent way to learn a new skill
Sergeant (Former Employee), ItalyJune 3, 2015
The Army was a good life with the ability to pick a job you want and get all the training for free. It helps to mature those who come in young or those who have little real world experience.
Really Loved It
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great job security
Cons: Deployments
It was a typical 9 to 5 job basically. Only difference is we got up a little earlier to do physical training. The hardest part was the deployments. Being away from your family for so long and the danger you're in.
great way to build character
combat rifle crew member (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAJune 2, 2015
hardestb part of the job in all the information that you have to learn. leadership is great and understanding for the most pat depending on your situation. great place to meet new people and learn about there cultures. most enjoyable pat of the job is shooting guns.
Loved my job as an Infantryman
Infantryman (11B) (Former Employee), Oahu, HIJune 2, 2015
Pros: The Army will really take care of you as an individual as long as you put the work in.
Cons: Not for everybody.
You would have to join to understand. The best experience in my life. Started at a young age, met a lot of different people around the around. Literally been around the world twice and met everybody once. Was fun while it lasted back before the drastic changes had happen.
Great Experience
Preventive Medicine Specialist (Current Employee), United States of AmericaJune 2, 2015
The best part about my job as a Preventive Medicine Specialist is educating other soldiers in my unit. It could be anywhere from making sure they properly sanitize equipment to proper procedure on protecting themselves from a chemical attack.
military
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), LAJune 2, 2015
Pros: benfits
Cons: hours
12 to 14 hours days. I learned a lot and it instills a lifetime of knowledge. Management, well it is the military. Hardest part of the job is time from family.
Productive company great incentives, company organizational days
Logistics Specialist (92A) (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJune 2, 2015
This company help me to be who I am. Great team work they knew how to be a family support group along with being friends. The only hard part of the job was going to to farewell luncheons when your co-workers was order to go to another state or overseas which is part of the job. Great opportunity to travel and see the world.
competitive
Mechanic/Cook/Food Service (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJune 2, 2015
Prepare food item according to designated recipes and quality standards, and directly in charge of the overall preparation of all the food which is served in the dining hall and cafeteria . Stock and maintain designed food product.
• Maintain cleanliness and comply with food Safety.
• Living the values/qualities/Leadership.
• Dependability/Adaptability/Teamwork.
• Responsible/outstanding customer service/hospitality service.
• Ensure program follows proper sanitation procedures
Great Ride While it lasted
Human Resource Sergeant (Former Employee), multipleJune 2, 2015
Served 9 years and got out to be around my family, I miss it...but at times when its a weekend and I am at home I do not.

Great Friends, Great Times, Great Beer

Hooah!
U.S Army
13B Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: PT Early in the a.m lol
The army is a great place to work, keeps you fit, and it is a very fun job as well as you can get promoted very quickly as well.
Taught me many valuable life lessons and applicable skills
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), KansasJune 2, 2015
Pros: Creates or enhances mental toughness, brings out the best in you if you let it.
As a logistics specialist my typical day consisted of morning PT and maintaining logistical documents for the unit commander. I learned the Army values such as integrity and selfless service which though I didn't realize it at the time , helped me greatly with my future business endeavors. Hardest part of the job was adapting to the unpredictable work hours.
U.S. Army Soldier
Deputy Commander (Current Employee), Fort Story, VAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Best job in the world
Cons: None
Service our nation is the best honor we can have. United States Army is a super institution to part off. Soldier life is always changing and demanding. These challenges bring the best.
productive always had work to do and had a perpose
Mechanic/Squad Leader (Former Employee), us armyJune 2, 2015
typical day at work would be starting with a meeting to see what needed done for the day, letting junior solders know what they had to do. Go to meetings as well as looking up parts verifying that what the solider said was wrong was right. Also I would have to do counseling on my solders.
Very productive work place with great promotion possibilities
Health Care supervisor (Current Employee), FT BLISS, TEXASJune 2, 2015
Pros: Education, Benefits, Pay
Cons: Family Stability
Working in the Army has been the best experience I will have ever been priviledged to be a part of in my life. The experience and opportunities have completely outdone my expectations. I am proud to be able to say that I served with some of the bravest people in the United States of America to defend our land.
Great Experience
SIGNAL SUPPORT SYSTEM SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Fort Drum New YorkJune 2, 2015
In the army i worked long days and nights. Long field exercises but learn a lot. Never deployed but would love to have went.
Proud to have served my country
E4/Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TexasJune 2, 2015
Pros: Serving my country
Cons: Leaving home
Hard to explain a typical day, when in the states each day we would conduct training to help prepare for upcoming deployment to Iraq. While in Iraq, everyday we were conducting missions and patrols of surrounding areas relevant to the intelligence we were receiving. I learned many things while in the Army that I still apply today. One of the main things was the discipline that I took on from my time in the service. I've dealt with a lot of different fellow soldiers and made life long friends from all that we have dealt with. I still talk to most of them to this day. The hardest part of my job was leaving home and fighting a war. That feeling of not knowing what happens each day I went outside the wire was a feeling hard to explain. The most enjoyable part of my job was upon returning home and seeing how proud my family and friends were of what I have done.
United States Army
Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOJune 2, 2015
This work is not for the weak of mind or faint of heart. Expect to be hurt and don't cry about it. Be resilient, vigilant, and versatile. You will be put in several different environments. Focus on doubling, you need to have a life outside of work and take the uniform off when you're home. Having a family and support system is vital because not having someone at home to watch your back and help you when the work day is done is a factor in soldier/veteran suicide.
Honorable and Routine scheduled work
Sergeant First Class/ Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: early 20 year retirement
Cons: leaving family for extended periods of time
Daily work consists of constant accountability of numerous people to report statistics through proper channels. giving direction to people with minimal guidance and letting them accomplish their task without an exact to do list. Follow up on the tasks to ensure if there are any questions or concerns they were able to get an answer clearly from the source and not misinterpreting any details. The hardest part of the career was trying to explain how to do certain things to new young officers and help them understand to do things better when their education level is higher than yours. The most enjoyable part of the US Army is the camaraderie and the honor of doing it.
US Army Training
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJune 2, 2015
Pros: Good eduaction, housing, and health benefits
Cons: Bad leadership, low pay, highly taxed
The Army has taught me alot of good valueable skills over the years, but the leadership has become very selfish, unsupportive, and greedy. I want to take my skills that I've learned fom my years of service, and put them to good use as a civilian.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries