U.S. Army
21,628 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

The Army Hooah
Unit Supply Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYMay 6, 2015
This is what made me. Never felt prouder than been a soldier and been fortunate enough to be able to give twenty years of service to our great nation.
definetely a great experience
Avionics Mechanic (Former Employee), virginiaMay 6, 2015
fun job and very rewarding. a little tought at times but well worth it in the long run. I enjoyed my time here. I recommend it to people who want to serve.
Productive and Exciting work enviorment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 5, 2015
typical day of work consisted of maintaining our equipment and doing routine checks, we also on a daily base operate all of our equipment. From being in the military i have learned a lot of self discipline, respect, hard and strong work ethics, i have also learned that you have to work hard for anything that you want and to follow your dreams. I couldn't really say that i had a hard part of my job because i really enjoy working and operating heavy equipment. I cant wait to hear back from you and look forward to working for your company.
I enjoyed all aspects of military service for leadership and opportunities
US Army Enlisted and Warrant Officer (Former Employee), World WideMay 5, 2015
Pros: World travel, teaches leadership and has good benefits
Cons: Many overseas assignments form home and family with cold field exercises with bad food.
I was drafted into the Army in 1970 and enjoyed it for world travel and the opportunities and advancements it provided. It gave me an education not only for school but for leadership and to be all you can be. The Army trains a person to be a leader and forces you to learn who you really are as a person and to deal with other people. It enables a person to make lifetime friends.
Productive and Fun work Place
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 5, 2015
Pros: free food, free housing, free entertainement, free traveling
Cons: have to pull 24 hours shift
The most interesting thing about the army it's you never know what you day will look like. You have to be flexible because there is a lot of changes. Overall they provide a work environment free of unlawful discrimination and offensive behavior. Soldier's also have great benefits when it's come to school opportunities and health care.
Enjoyed being a soldier
Sergeant/Medical Noncommissioned Officer (Former Employee), TXMay 5, 2015
Soldier life is tough but in the end, it is most definitely worthwhile. There are many different jobs to choose from. Make it a career or just do two years. Up to you.
Productive and challenging
Fire Support Sergeant (Former Employee), worldwide branch of serviceMay 5, 2015
Pros: A classic organization
Cons: none
Physical and mental challenges were handled and met with strict confidence to deploy and re-deploy with fellow brothers and sisters in arms whenever needed.
Active and productive work zone
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WaMay 5, 2015
Pros: free training, all co- workers were one big family
Cons: short lunches, no breaks, not very detailed instructions
A typical work day started at 6:30 am and ended whenever we finished the job usually around 7:00 pm Sunday through Saturday. It was the army most of the work is top secret and doesn't get out. I operated over 20 pieces of construction equipment.
Organized and productive workplace with heavy supervision.
Patriot Launcher Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKMay 5, 2015
Pros: Work stability, full coverage medical, dental and vision benefits.
Cons: No set schedule, long hours and little pay.
A typical day at work:
Every morning began with an hour of physical training. Battery formation after physical training. Specific duties were handed out at formation. After release from formation, preventative vehicle inspections were to be performed. All tasks were to be carried out by a two or more man team. All job tasks and duties were to be performed efficiently.
What I learned:
Basic problem solving skills, basic mechanical skills, basic computer skills, strong communication skills and strong attention to detail.
Management:
Management were always involved and available at all hours.
My co-workers:
Work well as a team to accomplish the mission.
The hardest part of the job:
Months, years away from loved ones and 24 hour guard duty.
The most enjoyable part of the job:
The traveling opportunities.
Great experience
Food Service Specialist/ Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 5, 2015
Pros: travel, benefits, pay
Cons: deployments, 12-16 hours days
I did 8yrs. in the US Army and enjoyed myself and have traveled to many places. I just came up to a RCP point where I was part of the thousands that were part of the down sizing.
Good team working skills
Recon Scout, Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Knox,KentuckyMay 5, 2015
Day and night time recon and airborne assaults behind enemy lines.
· Combat suppression.
· Responsible for security of the armory which contained equipment worth over a million dollars.
· In charge of a squad of soldiers both on the field and off.
· Weapons Maintenance which required attention to detail as the equipment was used by a number of military personnel.
· Maintained highly priced, high end military vehicles to ensure that they were in perfect working order at all times.
· Participated in community service which included toy drives for children as well as fundraising for Homeless Veterans.
Great place to see what you are made of!
Flight Operations NCO (Former Employee), Pineville, LAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Education, Pride in serving your country
Cons: Length of time away from family
Joining the military was one of the best decisions that I ever made. It forced me out of my comfort zones and continually challenged me mentally and physically. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the learning experiences that make me who I am today.
great career
Small Arms and Artillery Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMay 5, 2015
I enjoyed my time in the army and the benefits and friendships that I have gained will never be duplicated. I would do it all over again and am actively looking for another governmental job.
Productive in housing soldiers in housing
Food service Manager (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXMay 5, 2015
Its a Fast paced position. There alot of moving parts, when dealing with soldiers quality of life. Continues housing inspections in at least 18 different buildings.
Great expericence.
Platoon Leader (Former Employee), LA,GA,WA and South VietnamMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great experience.
Cons: Great teaching lesson of life.
I wouldn't take any for the time I spent in the service. The time I spent in the service made me the man that I am now today. When I went in the service it was at the height of the Vietnam war. This is where I really learned the real importance of team work.
always learned something knew
U.S. Army (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 5, 2015
The Army was a very good experience learned a lot from others such as different cultures and work habits. Very long hours and days but it was all worth it.
Great place to work to learn structure.
Sergeant (Former Employee), JBER, AKMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great health benefits.
Cons: work environment
*Training and processing of incoming personnel.
*Training in job specific tasks and procedures.
*Maintaining of arms and ammunition.
*Most difficult part is the long hours.
its what you make of it
Fire Control Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 5, 2015
military life is not for everyone. It is what you make of it. you get what you want to get out of it. unless you have a great chain of command that takes care of you, the only person you rely on is yourself when it comes to getting stff handled
Hard work and determination
Technical Supply Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: Travel. Make a decent living. Things discounted. Pride. Commradire. Loyality. Honor
Cons: Long Deployments, No family time. Work is constant and unappreciated. War is Tough and overwhelming
Long Hour days and nights about 16 hours typically. From Physical training in the morning till you go home for the night. Worked weekends , nights, and holidays. Learned a lot about my job, people, and leadership. made some great friends i will always keep. Brothers and Sisters for life. Worked with Good and bad people. All kinds of backgrounds and races. The hardest part of the job is time away from the family/deployments. You miss a lot of birthdays,anniversaries,and other important dates. The best part is making friends you will always come a across one way or another in life. You experience things you have only dreamed of. Travel all over the world. learn different languages and meet people from all over the word. Most enjoyable part is the respect and admiration of being a called a Soldier.
Advanced out of what I started as
CREW CHIEF, PRODUCTION CONTROL (Former Employee), Ft Lewis WAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Had some great leadership
Cons: None to note
Normal Army operations. If you do your best you will succeed and advance. Enjoyed my time while on active duty. Gained very many skills I am able to use as a civilian. I helped to prepare me for life and the skills to work with anyone.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries