U.S. Army
22,760 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

It is a great honor to be part of the United States Army national guard.
E-4 Specialist (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Job advancement, Leadership, Respect, Honor, Promotion, Discounts
Cons: Part-time, Physically fit is required at all times
I loved being in the military to serve the country, and at the same time continuing to leave as civilian. This organization has been great experience for me. It made me become a better person. I became a more responsible, self discipline.
Great benefits and opportunities
PFC (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Time away from home
Very hard work and not for everyone. Learned to appreciate my time with my family. Trainees that do not belong in the military are made apparent within the first week of training. Hardest part is the weather and being away from home for months at a time.
productive but demanding work enviorment
Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJune 28, 2015
I love the Army, but it is time to move on to bigger and better things. I would speak nothing but good things of the military.
Hard Work
Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Time Consuming
Working for the Army is difficult. You have to learn to adapt to constant changes. You may not even to the job you learned, it is whatever they need you to do.
Friendly co-workers
Linguist (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJune 28, 2015
People was doing everything as a team work and it was the most enjoyable part of my job. everyone was friendly and i have learned a lot from my job.
Great
11bravo paratrooper (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJune 28, 2015
Great place to work and an amazing place to earn a skill set. I wouldn't give it back for anything! I loved it. It's a hard life. Management is great. Coworkers were great. Hardest part is getting back what you lose. Parachuting was the best.
The Army Life
Section Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKJune 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was that I the opportunity to advance and develop myself on a daily basis. I would not be who I am without the Army.
US Army
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Shaw AFB, SCJune 28, 2015
Pros: Compensation, travel, experiences, meeting good people
Cons: Having bad leaders, confusing regulations, irrelevant tasks.
Awake or asleep. On duty or off, you are a Soldier. That is all that really matters. A task is given, you complete it. The good days out number the bad but the bad people seem to out number the good. You learn a lot about working with others and accomplishing a task regardless of what it is.
Great, supportive managerement, rewards and promotion
Patient Administration Manager (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALJune 28, 2015
Pros: lunch, paid vocation, rewards, holidays and weekend off
Very fun place to work, Great place to meet new people and make every lasting friends. Travel to different country meet different people. Learn different language.
Challenging and fun
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJune 28, 2015
What can you say about the military? It was an unforgettable experience that turned me into the man i never knew i could be
Challenging work with excellent advancement opportunities.
Communications Network Support Specialist (Former Employee), GlobalJune 28, 2015
All the information assurance and networking is not easy to define. A day a work varied from specific incidents to overall monitoring of information assurance to advanced networking concepts. Managing over 5,000 security and network users.
AMERICA
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort BraggJune 28, 2015
Worked with a great group of people serving a country that is number one in my book. Maintained a professional and safe atmosphere. Overcame personal and professional challenges.
Nothing but positive
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Ft Campbell KYJune 28, 2015
Pros: Camraderie and teamwork always available
Cons: Time away from family mandatory at war time
Having to think on your toes and never need to ask for help because you always have soldiers right beside you doing the work too, makes you miss it when you get to the private sector.
be all you can be
Preventive Medicine Specialist (Former Employee), TXJune 27, 2015
Army is a great place for both training and work experience. It is different from you everyday life, but definitely prepare you for the real life after the Army.
Long hours but worth every day to serve
Water Treatment Specialist (Former Employee), Many LocationsJune 27, 2015
Going to work to be able to fine tune tracking skills and shooting skills among others was an astonishing experience. Hardest part of the job was meeting some great friends to experience everything along side me.
it was a life experience
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJune 27, 2015
my time in the army was the best experience in my life I had gained experience as well as my family and I matured a lot as a person.
High intensity and demanding job with a rewarding feeling.
Airborne Infantryman, Operations Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Bragg NCJune 27, 2015
As I have come up through the ranks in the military, I have learned that with the promotions comes more responsibility which means more time working on projects and personnel accountability. That has been the most rewarding aspect of my military service. I enjoy the added responsibility even though it means more time at work.
Its the military
Military Police (Former Employee), JBLM, WAJune 27, 2015
Its different from working in the civilian world than it is in the military. It is a lot of hard work and dedication. some jobs are easy and others are hard. The COC can be mean or they can be nice.
Good place to work with great benefits
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJune 27, 2015
Great pay and benefits. Time with family is seriously lacking. Great for young men and women with young family or looking for training and work experience.
Structured Environments
Guidance Counselor (Former Employee), Little Rock ARJune 27, 2015
Pros: Administrative/Human Resources
Cons: Daily changes in regulatory guidance and policy changes pertaining to processing
The most rewarding part of my job is facilitating the process of enlistment into the US Army and Army Reserves for young men and women.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries