U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 40,737 reviews matching the search
US Army
Video Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 22, 2017
The best experience of my life. The Army not only made me an IT professional, it made me better at life as a whole. World class people all working towards a common goal. The best experience I've had in my life.
The best and worst decision you will make for yourself.
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 22, 2017
The military will always demand everything you have to give, and in return you develop resiliancy, patience, respect, and self discipline. you will learn to work with people you absolutely hate with the upmost professionalism and you will perform tasks you dispise with pride and stoicism. The harder you train the faster you will advance and your advancement is in your own hands depending on how well you develop yourself physicall and mentally. they will demand you persue educaiton and perform well for the benefit of your advancement. you will have to learn to train others and educate them how to better themselves for the betterment of the unit and unit operations. learn to work as a team and develop critical thinking skills you will not learn in a civilian community. it is not a career, it is a lifestyle.
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJuly 22, 2017
Definately great to join if you are young and ambitious. I would join straight out of high school and go in witha good mind set and mentality. Meet good people, Travel and serve your Country.
Typical day in the United States Army lots of training physical training lots of school
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 22, 2017
The hardest part of the United States Army soldier was getting up early in the morning to prepare breakfast for families and soldiers. The most enjoyable thing about being an army meaning different all kinds of people and friends from all over the world.
Pros
No free lunches for us because we were Cooks in the Army anyway
Hooah!
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 22, 2017
I loved it from the moment I talked to the recruiter and signed the contract. I went to basic training and loved it even more. Joint ing the army was a great choice!
Basic Training's all I know
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 22, 2017
I was in the National Guard for several months before BCT, and was discharged for a pre-existing medical condition. I did not graduate from Basic, despite having passed all the necessary events I was there for.

As far as the guard goes, you'd only get paid for the weekend a month you go in for. If you are healthy, Drill will generally be an enjoyable experience.

A typical day at work: early wake-ups, physical training, whatever other training was scheduled for that day (If it wasn't out in the field, it was something in the classroom.)

I think the most valuable value I learned while in training was attention to detail.

Management was rigid, as should be expected. It's the military, you do what you're told when you're told without question. That's the life of a private.

"I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade." That's the embodiment of what we do.

The hardest part of the job was not by any means the training. The hardest part of this job for me was by far getting up early.

The most enjoyable part of working with the Army was the camaraderie there. There's a sense of purpose to everything you do there. You become a part of a team, and more than you realize it, they will rely on you for success, and you will rely on them.
Pros
Three meals a day, a place to live, some independence.
Cons
No freedom of movement.
Full of life challenges
Medical Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 22, 2017
Success and advancement is limited only by your personal desire, dedication, and willingness to commit and sacrifice for your professional growth and success. If you are prepared to meet the challenges with a positive attitude and unwavering desire to succeed this is the place for you. Opportunities will always present themselves to those you are always prepared to receive and exceed standards.

The separations from your family while operating in austere conditions presented the most difficult moments of my career as a soldier. However the appreciation towards the life we live in this country is that much more sweeter when you return.

The only typical thing about your day are the structured and scheduled events but everything leading up to and completing them are ever changing and you learn to be one with flexibility.

The range of opportunities and excelling in a multitude of roles and wide spectrum of positions always kept this job interesting.
Pros
Opportunities in a wide spectrum of positions
Cons
Separation from family
Miitary Life
Executive Deputy Director (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJuly 22, 2017
I have spent the last 24 years in the military and enjoyed everyday of it. I have been deployed nine times and been nearly all around the world. I wouldn't change a thing, and would do it all over again.
Pros
team work
Cons
long deployments
15J Armament Electrical Avionics systems repairer
Helicopter Repair Tech (Current Employee) –  15J/YJuly 22, 2017
It is a very physically and mentally demanding job with long hours and rotating schedules. It can be very difficult to keep a healthy work and family balance with having to be gone most of the year with random training events and deployments. Workplace culture differs between units between being very close to hard A type personalities.
Pros
great benefits as far as health care and housing
Cons
horrible health care for family members.
It is a job worth doing if you want to feel proud.
air defense (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 22, 2017
The military is a great place to work to support a family. It has its ups and downs days but all in all it is a great place to be to feel proud. I am now a spouse and feel even more proud of my husband for making it a life career.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
deployments
Tough Character building
Master Driver Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 22, 2017
The Army is a place where a person can learn a lot. A lot of it depend on the Soldier him or herself. One of the biggest thing you can learn is the leadership.
Experience and skills to last a lifetime.
Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAJuly 22, 2017
The US Army has really taught me a lot about self confidence, assertion and strength. I recommend the Army for anyone who needs a start in life. The management is normally good. You are typically well informed of what's going on. There is always chance for promotion if you are willing to work for it. It's not always easy, but it's definitely doable with the right attitude.
Pros
Active Duty: 3 meals a day, Training, paid on the 1st and 15th, promotion and much more.
Cons
Strenuous hours, sleep loss
Best option for a job security
Preventive Medicine Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 22, 2017
You can never go wrong joining the armed forces unless its not just ones passion, but regardless you can advance in its branches and make the best of every opportunity that one might come across.
Army
UAV Operator/Instructor Operator (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 22, 2017
The Army experience is what you make it, also doesn't hurt if you get along with people easily. Sleep will be a luxury you didn't realize you took for granted.
Pros
Free Lunches, Merican Pride
Cons
You signed away your basic rights as a human.
travel/friend/family
Senior staff manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McPherson, GAJuly 22, 2017
nothing like get up very early in the morning with physical training, mostly of the days, it give you that energy for the rest of the day. like been a supervisor and having soldiers respecting you because you show them you care and know how to lead and lead by example. after your day is done you go home to your family and express your days, mostly of the time they are interest.
Pros
get paid no matter what.
Cons
no overtime no matter how long or late you work.
Great personal experience
Infantry and Chaplains' Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KY; Friedberg, Germany; ArizonaJuly 21, 2017
Active and National Guard have both been rewarding both personally and professionally. The U.S. Army has provided opportunities and experiences that have been positive and memorable. Many jobs translate well into civilian life if one chooses to take the appropriate opportunities. It has also given me great chances at travel that I would not have had otherwise.
Pros
Travel, work eperience, professional/ personal growth
Cons
The need for an understanding family.
Amazing place to work
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 21, 2017
- Work with people with the same mentality and goal
- Serve my country
- Traveling, time away from family and love ones
- Meet other cultures and share knowledge
I loved being a part of the u.s army. I learned a lot from being involved.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOJuly 21, 2017
As i grew within the army i learned discipline, how to manage time. And also how to manage supply and clean. We did a lot of organization and cleaning so i am very well orgainized and i manage time very wisely.
Awesome
Operations Manager/Training Support Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort McPherson, GAJuly 21, 2017
What can I say. It was a privilege to serve my country for 21 yrs. My time in the military was a defining moment in my life. It refined my values and character as a person.
Pros
the people
Cons
getting shot at
High Stress Environment at times, Always busy
Manager (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 21, 2017
A work day consisted of workouts, maintenance of equipment, and preparing for training.
Things I learned was discipline, organization, communication, and attention ton detail.
Management was strict when they needed to be and didn't micro-manage.
Workplace Culture was diverse, well cultured, friendly, and fair.
The hardest part of the job was weeks or months away from family.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the medical benefits and job security.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Amount of Time away from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4