U.S. Army
16,474 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

A very mentally and physically challenging job.
Avionics Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 14, 2014
The Army provided me with a very professional outlook on life. Not only did it mature me but also made me a very diverse individual. I had a some good and bad experiences in the Army. Good experiences range from being promoted to competing in various competitions that tested my skills against my peers. Some bad experiences have been separated from my – more... family for a couple years serving our nation. Some of the most enjoyable parts of my job include helping Soldiers and training Soldiers on a daily basis. – less
the military
Water Treatment Specialist (Former Employee), Berlin, Germany and Ft. Lewis,WASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: learning discipline
Cons: being in the field all summer
Typical day at work when on base was motor pool and building repairs as directed by First Sgt. When in the field set up on a river or some water source and purified water for troops and set up showers.

I learned building maintenance, water purification and plumbing.

Management- they were military ENCO's that expected discipline and hard work.

My – more... co-workers-we all got along great since that was kind of your family.

Hardest part of the job was being the go between with the enlisted and the platoon Sgt.

The most enjoyable part of the job was in the field setting up water points and showers. – less
Well organized and structured environment
Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 14, 2014
A well organized organization to work for. There are no typical days in the military, things change everyday and every hour. The Army provides you a sense of security and stability.
I got the chance to serve.
Tactical Satellite / Microwave Systems Operator (Former Employee), Fort Monmouth, NJSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to serve my country
Cons: that my military career ended too soon
Military life with communication stations

satellite communications, work ethic, eletronics, how to efficiently manage my work and my team

Great commanding Officers and NCO's

We were a very good team

Maintaining the physical requirements

Sending successful communication from the mote remote of locations
Good place to work till they closed their doors.
First Lieutenant Security Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2014
Forklift certified on every fork truck. I did a lot of shipping and recieving and spotting trackor trailers.
Productive workplace with diversity
UNIT SUPPLY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: educational, medical benefits
Cons: being away from family
As a unit supply specialist, I am learning how to manage property of company. On a daily basis, company has a lot of activities that result in transfer of supplies, equipment, etc.
I, as a supply specialist, have to monitor if every process works properly. It is great opportunity for me to manage supply office because not only it has duties and missions – more... related to logistics, but also it requires management skills such as dealing with superiors and subordinates, writing an official memorandum to get commander's signature, monitoring budget for the quarter and year's mission activities.
The hardest part of the job is not to know what will happen next. This is because Army itself is very special organization and is subject to changes depending on exterior environmental situation.
I do enjoy every morning Physical Training. It has not only boosted my energy and maintained good body standard, but also mentally helped me have sound mind.
I am not only learning how supply works, but also how one organization rolls and moves forward going through hardship.

I really want to immerse myself into a great field of business organization and continue doing my duties that I will take over in the future. – less
Fast paced work and constant training
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 13, 2014
Experience will vary dependent upon those placed above you
Cultural diversity
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee), InternationalSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: away from family
Awesome alot of Travel involved meet lots of people. Nice hardwork but the outcome out weighs the reward.
Exciting and life changing
Personnel Administrator (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 13, 2014
Although my job is mostly paperwork there are several days in the year that I get out and do things in the field, firing weapons and leading troops. Excellent management and lower level employees.
Between your comand and what you make of it.
Aircraft Mechanic and Service Technician (Former Employee), Ft. DrumSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: comander's discreation is law on all things
The Army is a great opportunity but it's an organization built apon traditions past and present some good and bad. If you so choose to take this opportunity in life it will mature you in ways no other place can. Prepare yourself for absolute discipline and to answer to your command at any time. My advise and something you will hear all the time "Right – more... Place, Right Time (15 to 20 min early), Right Uniform and get as much out of the army as you can cause it's going to get all it can from you. – less
great experience
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: war
the best choice i ever made changed my life happy i stayed till retirement
Disciplined and well family oriented organization
Bradley Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: health and medical benefits
Cons: early work days and getting off late at night
Productive organization where everyone works together as a team to obtain a common goal. The Hardest part of the job was working with people who were lazy and disrespectful to others. They really didn't contribute to the tasks we had to achieve by the end of the day. I enjoyed working with others and all the different nationalities that are in the organization.
It was good for me
Logistics Specialist/ Flight Crew (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: really gives you perspective
Cons: years away from family
I enjoyed the army, but wanted to finish school and not be so constrained
Everyone should join for a couple years
Infantry (Former Employee), Ft. Campbell, KYSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: brotherhood, shooting weapons that most people only see in cod, and a new sense of patriotism for this country!
Cons: you get shot at
Loved this job. If you want your son/daughter to grow up quick, this is the place. You learn self respect, respect for others, and a lot of other life changing things to carry into the civilian world.
U.S. Army
Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GASeptember 13, 2014
A great orginization to learn and grow a career. I have truly enjoyed every aspect of my career in the military and would encourage anyone to serve.
Trained, Lead, and supervised soldiers
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft. Campbell, KYSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: being part of a team, and finishing duties assigned to complete
Cons: difficult members but overcame and guided them in the right direction
As a Staff Seargent, it was my daily job to ensure that my soldiers were conducting their daily jobs to the highest standard, and safetly installed by our guidelines. I loved working with my Team, and I loved working with my co-workers, soldiers. I learned how to be a member of a team a long time ago. I excelled in security, and I loved every minute – more... of it. – less
Challenging job with opportunity for travel
Horizontal Construction Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Irwin / National Training Center, CaliforniaSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good pay and advancement opportunities
Cons: away from home a lot
Great place to work. Great advancement opportunities. Upper leadership very knowledgeable and dedicated to Soldier welfare. Every work day brings new challenges.
Exstreemly rewarding position which is important to the future of our national security.
Senior Leader Mentor (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: very rewarding when you are able to successfully train a team.
Cons: sometimes it can be difficult to get people to work together.
During a three week process we Observing, Coaching and Teaching senior leader on skills that allow to deploy to Afghanistan, so that they can successfully teach the Afghan security forces on how to properly manage and control their security forces in an operational manner to fight for and control Afghanistan. This is done by giving classroom instructions – more... follow by up by practical exercises with role players. Then they are then evaluated at the Nation Training Center with their parent units prior to deploying to Afghanistan. – less
US Army
Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Technical Engineer (Current Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 13, 2014
Experience on leadership and the value of teamwork. We went overseas and worked with different people on projects.
An exciting experience of working with such a diverse group. Minimal pay, but the benefits of free food, housing, and entertainment were grand.
Personnel Records Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: company benefits, skilled training
Cons: pay
Each day was routine, beginning with physical exercise, then off to work in my trained profession. I learned a lot about being discipline, teamwork, and other cultures. Management was fairly leveled, but some of my superiors were not strong leaders. My co-workers were fine, especially since we all independently worked our own set of personnel files. – more... The hardest part of this job was the physical exercising, and the most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for my performance. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more