U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,110 reviews matching the search
great for learning and growing up
92G Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 22, 2016
The army was a great benefit for me. It help me grow as a man gave me discipline and become something far more great then what i used to be.
Free Healthcare
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYJuly 22, 2016
Being a soldier has its perks. I loved wearing the uniform and being proud of serving my country. But I also hated the fact that I had horrible leadership. They didn't give too damns about me and didn't try to help me out when it came to PT.
Pros
Free healthcare
Cons
Leadership
coordination
machanic (Former Employee) –  Camp HumphreysJuly 22, 2016
The hardest part of my job was the coordination of all of my co workers. I did enjoy the fact of working hard and being able to work on different types of vehicles
Very professional, good work force, very efficient, productive, fast paced, team work, management is very good
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 22, 2016
Typical day of work would be maintaining vehicles and trailers. I learn new things everyday management is very strict and straight forward. My coworkers are great to work with hardest part of my job is removing trailer tires. Most enjoyable part would be learning new things.
Pros
Benifits, free schooling
Cons
Short breaks and pushups
Good team work and leadership
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCJuly 22, 2016
I have done many jobs during my 17 years in the Army. Most notably my deployment to Iraq in 2004. I had the opportunity to experience various cultures and had the chance to talk with some of the locals. In my daily duties with the Army I work with a team and have formed a strong leadership bond with my fellow soldiers.
Pros
Love the people I work with and proud to serve my country
Great Benefits for health and education
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2016
Wide variety of career fields with great benefits. Family oriented and very supportive of their needs.
Pros
30 days vacation a year!
Cons
possibility of time away from family
Fun exciting and loved doing it great people
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 22, 2016
I loved being a soldier it was fun and challenging all wrapped into one I loved waking up and doing my pt than off to work
Pros
Shooting
Cons
Hard workers get the rewards
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 22, 2016
In my field in the U.S. Army, its a more technical and management line of work. I am in charge of the unit arms room that is valued in excess of $2.5 million dollars. I ensure that all the units equipment is maintained and ready to use at any given time. On a daily basis I work with high levels of management and advise them on scheduled and unscheduled maintenance while properly training personnel to achieve the standards. I enjoy mentoring personnel to strive and achieve their personal goals while help developing the next generations of leaders in the U.S. Army
Pros
Healthcare, Federal holidays, team building
Cons
long time away from the family, long hours of work
Very benificial and enjoyable job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 22, 2016
A great job and very enjoyable. Learned a lot of great skills and met a lot of great people. Structure and stability is a huge plus. Caring leadership and overall great environment to work in.
Pros
skills, trades, benifits, and over job feild
Cons
Deployments
US Army
68W COMBAT MEDIC (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 22, 2016
Do you love cutting grass?
Painting?
Checking oil?
mopping, sweeping, vacuuming?

then the army is for you!
www.goarmy.com/join
Fair
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJuly 22, 2016
A Lot of time is spent away from family and doing tasks that have nothing to do with your specific MOS. Leadership styles vary from unit to unit but my experience was very good.
Human Resources
Human Resource Specialist (42A) (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCJuly 22, 2016
Working in the military was a job that give experience in personnel and customer. It help me to start to understand people and get my major in sociology.
Great Life Experience
Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 22, 2016
• Evaluated training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, or handouts. • Designed, planned, organized, or directed orientation and training programs for employees or customers. • Presented information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures. • Monitored, evaluated, or recorded training activities or program effectiveness
I loved every second
Sargeant (Former Employee) –  US and GermanyJuly 22, 2016
It was the best job I ever had. I wished I would have stayed till retirement. Deployment sucked but you got to take the bad with the good. Got to travel all over the world on their dime and was paid for it. I would definitely do it again.
Pros
Cons
Deployment
Leadership training
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 22, 2016
A solid foundation for a strong leadership and mentoring platform. Instilled honest and hard working characteristics
Unappreciated Soldier
Senior Training and Operations NCOIC (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJuly 21, 2016
Budget cuts by the current administration has led to a tremendous deficit in National Security. Having served 20 years, I could never recommend anyone to serve in todays Army.
Strenuous but beneficial carreer
Rotary Wing Mechanic 15T (Current Employee) –  Ft. Bliss, TXJuly 21, 2016
Learned how to work on a fast paced yet professional level. Function under stress. Troubleshoot and act in a timely manner.
a lot of good benefits
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAJuly 21, 2016
weekends off
health and dental care
life insurance
school
adventure around the world
move up structure pretty fast
freedom
Pros
free school
Cons
waking up randomly for meetings
Review
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 21, 2016
the military is great but it is also not for everyone you have to be determent physically and mentally to make yourself and group better
Hard work
Ammunition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 21, 2016
Mostly warehousing when in the states. When overseas a lot of logistics in providing ammunition across a large area of operations. Multiple supervisory positions as well as a management position in ensuring the accountability and movement of ammunition. Downsides are the large amounts of time away from home and family due to specific types of training. People you work with are extremely varied across many subcultures and aspects of our country. Management varies between individuals some really shouldn't be in the positions they are in and others are blessing in where they are due to how much they actually care about their employees. While many skill sets have been learned while working here, for certain people, there comes a time to move on and see what new opportunities are available.
Pros
A lot of benefits
Cons
Not meant for everyone, not always the best of care or equipment.

4.4