U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 40,730 reviews matching the search
Miitary Life
Executive Deputy Director (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJuly 22, 2017
I have spent the last 24 years in the military and enjoyed everyday of it. I have been deployed nine times and been nearly all around the world. I wouldn't change a thing, and would do it all over again.
Pros
team work
Cons
long deployments
15J Armament Electrical Avionics systems repairer
Helicopter Repair Tech (Current Employee) –  15J/YJuly 22, 2017
It is a very physically and mentally demanding job with long hours and rotating schedules. It can be very difficult to keep a healthy work and family balance with having to be gone most of the year with random training events and deployments. Workplace culture differs between units between being very close to hard A type personalities.
Pros
great benefits as far as health care and housing
Cons
horrible health care for family members.
It is a job worth doing if you want to feel proud.
air defense (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 22, 2017
The military is a great place to work to support a family. It has its ups and downs days but all in all it is a great place to be to feel proud. I am now a spouse and feel even more proud of my husband for making it a life career.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
deployments
Tough Character building
Master Driver Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 22, 2017
The Army is a place where a person can learn a lot. A lot of it depend on the Soldier him or herself. One of the biggest thing you can learn is the leadership.
Experience and skills to last a lifetime.
Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAJuly 22, 2017
The US Army has really taught me a lot about self confidence, assertion and strength. I recommend the Army for anyone who needs a start in life. The management is normally good. You are typically well informed of what's going on. There is always chance for promotion if you are willing to work for it. It's not always easy, but it's definitely doable with the right attitude.
Pros
Active Duty: 3 meals a day, Training, paid on the 1st and 15th, promotion and much more.
Cons
Strenuous hours, sleep loss
Best option for a job security
Preventive Medicine Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 22, 2017
You can never go wrong joining the armed forces unless its not just ones passion, but regardless you can advance in its branches and make the best of every opportunity that one might come across.
Army
UAV Operator/Instructor Operator (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 22, 2017
The Army experience is what you make it, also doesn't hurt if you get along with people easily. Sleep will be a luxury you didn't realize you took for granted.
Pros
Free Lunches, Merican Pride
Cons
You signed away your basic rights as a human.
travel/friend/family
Senior staff manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McPherson, GAJuly 22, 2017
nothing like get up very early in the morning with physical training, mostly of the days, it give you that energy for the rest of the day. like been a supervisor and having soldiers respecting you because you show them you care and know how to lead and lead by example. after your day is done you go home to your family and express your days, mostly of the time they are interest.
Pros
get paid no matter what.
Cons
no overtime no matter how long or late you work.
Great personal experience
Infantry and Chaplains' Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KY; Friedberg, Germany; ArizonaJuly 21, 2017
Active and National Guard have both been rewarding both personally and professionally. The U.S. Army has provided opportunities and experiences that have been positive and memorable. Many jobs translate well into civilian life if one chooses to take the appropriate opportunities. It has also given me great chances at travel that I would not have had otherwise.
Pros
Travel, work eperience, professional/ personal growth
Cons
The need for an understanding family.
Amazing place to work
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 21, 2017
- Work with people with the same mentality and goal
- Serve my country
- Traveling, time away from family and love ones
- Meet other cultures and share knowledge
I loved being a part of the u.s army. I learned a lot from being involved.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOJuly 21, 2017
As i grew within the army i learned discipline, how to manage time. And also how to manage supply and clean. We did a lot of organization and cleaning so i am very well orgainized and i manage time very wisely.
Awesome
Operations Manager/Training Support Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort McPherson, GAJuly 21, 2017
What can I say. It was a privilege to serve my country for 21 yrs. My time in the military was a defining moment in my life. It refined my values and character as a person.
Pros
the people
Cons
getting shot at
High Stress Environment at times, Always busy
Manager (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 21, 2017
A work day consisted of workouts, maintenance of equipment, and preparing for training.
Things I learned was discipline, organization, communication, and attention ton detail.
Management was strict when they needed to be and didn't micro-manage.
Workplace Culture was diverse, well cultured, friendly, and fair.
The hardest part of the job was weeks or months away from family.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the medical benefits and job security.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Amount of Time away from family
Good Experience
91F Small Weapons Artillery Repairer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2017
The national guard is a very different aspect from active duty status but you do learn alot in the span of weekends and training events. It also allows you to obtain a degree while working a civilian job and being a part time solider.
Pros
good benefits
Proud to have served in the United States Army, meet and served with soldiers all around the world.
Intelligent Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 21, 2017
You have to be available 24/7, 365 days. Learned to work in a Joint Command, working with all branch of service. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Civilians. The hardest part of the job was being separated from your family. and the unknown of you daily task, we could be sent to War at anytime. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are serving and protecting your country so they have the freedom to be safe, and being able to Serve and Defend for 20 years. I can not discuss the job I did in detail.
Army rocks!
Battle Systems Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 21, 2017
I had a great time in the Army, if given the chance I would do it all over again! It has everything you need; potential for growth, real world experience, tons of time for training, and top notch physical fitness!
A typical day at work
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 21, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of a 12 hour shift
training and learning the skills necessary to work in small and large teams under strict management
Enjoyed It
Motor Transport Operator/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Various AreasJuly 21, 2017
As a young man entering into the military, it gave me the ability to be a man, and to be a leader. It taught m that i can do ,and be anything that i could be, and be a leader.
Pros
The leadership training
Cons
The heat in the summer time doing field work
Fun to work with other photographers
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 21, 2017
It's always great to do the things you love so actually turning it into a career is the best lifestyle to live. It's always exciting being able to do what you want everyday
Proficiency
Purchasing Manager / Stock Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 21, 2017
Typical day at work started early and ended late. I learned a lot with in two years I was getting cross trained in different areas away from my actual job tittle. Hardest part of my job was to only be able to see family occasionally but i did get to enjoy all the greenery in WA.
Pros
Wonderful discounts, steady paycheck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4