U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Fullfilling work environment
Student (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAAugust 28, 2015
Working for US ARMY is a very fulfilling job, and a great experience. the support chain works very well and as long as you do your job, advancement is easy to do.
Building a brotherhood
E5 Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft. Lewis, WAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Working with my soldiers
Cons: Dealing with the politics
I learned how to lead soldiers and teaching them how to perform day to day tasks. I had really good leaders that taught me how to always improve myself and never settle for just satisfaction. I loved working with my guys there was no worry if the job got done or not. The hardest part keeping accountability for everyone while deployed to Iraq. The best part was knowing the job got done and everyone got home safely.
Great Benefits and Experience
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Medical and dental insurance
Cons: Deployments away from family
Coming out of high school there are a limited amount of careers that a young adult is able to pursue with no college education. The military provides a substantial amount of not only work experience but life experience as well. The benefits are terrific, including 30 paid vacation per year and full medical and dental coverage.
Traveled the world
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Smith, HIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Deployments
I learned leadership, dedication, respect, discipline and several other traits while serving in the Army. I traveled the world, ate different foods, learned different cultures, learned different languages, etc.
M1 Abrams Mechanic
M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSAugust 27, 2015
Challenging but rewarding. Learned a lot of technical skills as well the importance of education. Served in Irag which taught me there is a better way to live.
I highly reccommend all high schoold graduates do two years to get a trade and learn how to deal with situation in the real world
professional soldier (Former Employee), Killeen, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn a trade and how to deal with life
Cons: away from family and friends for long periods of time
Responsible for the personal and professional development of three new soldiers, that were assigned to unit, to keep them prepared for ground operations at all times. Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep, accountability of over 4 million dollars worth of equipment. Primary trainer in multiple tasks to include leadership, navigation and observation and health and welfare of soldiers
Great
Medical Clinic Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hunter Army Airfield, GAAugust 27, 2015
Served for 22 year and never regret my decision to serve. this is the best job you will ever have. If you are thinking of joining, do it.
The Military life is not for everyone.
Bio-Medical Maintenance Repair Technician (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TexasAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Had the best job in the military.
Cons: Not able to do the best job in the military anymore.
I will not indulge with what I did while serving in the Military. I learned a lot and did some incredible things. I've also seen real monsters and horrors in the world.
Served my Country
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 27, 2015
I served along with some great people, for a great cause, and for a great country. This in its all, was a great honor for me to be a soldier and or non-commission officer.
life changing experinece
Fire Support Specialist (13F) (Former Employee), Ft RileyAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free Meals breakfast lunch and dinner. Free medical and Dental
Cons: No freedom and your always working. You could get killed on job.
It will change your life and the way you see things. You will create bonds with people strangers and they will become like family. Get to operate machines you only get to see in movies. Go on adventures its seriously like playing cops and robbers for a living.
Great place for opportunities
E-5 Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Bragg NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good life experance
Cons: Away from family and friens
The US Army provided me with the confidence needed in life to succeed. Very good place to learn and grow as an individual and become an adult.
They build confidence and team work
Environmental Health Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKAugust 27, 2015
Pros: A person will learn to strive for the best
Cons: The person must have the desire and motivation to work in a diverse environment, treat people with respect.
The Army was the best thing that happen to me. I learn a lot about myself and what I was able to do. I go want a lot of respect from peers. The Army invested in their soldiers that want to achieve. I was surrounded by many cultures, and learn to appreciate who they are and how to get them to work with me as a team. We learn to trust each other and working as a team was very easy. I had a chance to visit Korea, Alaska doing my stay in the Army. I visit other bases that help me deal with change and understand that although each base has the same goal but different in rules.
I learn to treat people the way they want to be treated, do my best no matter where I go and most of all do what is right..
Amazing Experience
PEDD/PDDD Handler/ Trainer/Training NCO (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Experiencel, Maturity
Cons: rarely home, always moving
The most honorable organization to be apart of. Great atmosphere and amazing people. Gained a lot of work experience through deployments as well as time at home station.
Productive work experience
Food Service Specialist (92G) (Current Employee), Hammond, LAAugust 27, 2015
Productive work place with a safe environment for my fellow soldiers. The job details have a lot of a variety even though each MOS has their own job description.
US Soldier
13B Cannon Crewmember, 19E, 52C. (Former Employee), Erie Pa.August 27, 2015
Pros: wearing the Uniform of my Nation
Cons: Being prepared
This by all means was the Best Job i'd ever had. Doing for this Great Country what ever was required of Me. Gladly accepted my duties overseas. Proud to be an American
Alright to work for.
Aircraft Electrician (Current Employee), Fort CarsonAugust 27, 2015
typical day is 0630 to 1800. Management varies depending on duty station.troubleshooting aircraft is very rewarding and interesting.
EAMC-Great
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed EAMC.I did 2 years as a CS Technician where I learned to process and sterilize instruments and supplies.I was NCOIC for a while which ,means I was in charge.It was but a stepping stone to a better career outside of the military or so I thought,However I re-enlisted several times and stayed for 13 years.Id always recommend this way of starting.Earn as you learn...!
Challenging
helicopter repairer (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSAugust 27, 2015
I would do it all over again if given the chance. And would love to continue my Military Career. Working for the Army has given me the skills needed to continue my career in the civilian work place.
It has great benefits for my family, and great job security
Construction Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIAugust 27, 2015
I would run the maintenance shop everyday. I learned what it takes to run the shop and how to order oil and everyday things to keep the shop going. I had some of the best co-workers and they would go out their way to help me if i needed some help.
A great place to work with unlimited potential for advancement.
Battalion Master Trainer (Current Employee), Central New JerseyAugust 27, 2015
This is an extremely exciting place to work, that will develop strong, resilient, confident individuals that are more than capable of effectively accomplishing missions on a daily basis. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of such a unique organization.
Headquarters