U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 25,413 reviews matching the search
Productive and educational environment
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day includes physical training, and any online military training. I've learned many things from safety courses I've taken including precautions and awareness of driving and things I can face on the battlefield. A very professional environment describes the soldiers I work with, always looking out for each other is one of the important things our leaders stress on us. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting close to my coworkers so if we ever deploy we're all comfortable with eachother.
Pros
Free food, good pay
Fun if you want to experience new and Exciting cultures and places
Patriot Missile System Repairer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Served 4.5 yrs. It was fun for a while. But eventually I realized that I want to take my career in a different direction. I did however learn a lot and experience a lot of things I would not have at any other job.
Government job with a ton of leadership a training
Services Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 10, 2016
The Army sent me to Fort Bliss to manage a motor pool that had nearly 200 military vehicles, 15 lower enlisted soldiers to manage and give guidance to while managing the pressure to continuously train to be physically fit and mentally tough.
Pros
Job secrurity, health benefits, housing pay, vacation days, travel
Cons
long days, red tape, at the mercy of the Uncle Sam
wine group
cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at the wine group was challenging. I learned how to push my self to accomplish the mission. the hardest part of my job was the physical labor.
Pros
my phycical limit peramiter grew
Cons
sometimes it seemed to hard
Discipline workplace. Great for gaining multiple skills.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day in the U.S army starts off with an accountability formation followed by physical training. After physical training one would have work call which typically is from 9 a.m to 6 p.m. My workload included filling prescriptions for military personnel and civilians, supplying the hospitals clinics with medication, mixing medications to fill I.V bags, stocking medication in the pharmacy, and checking expiration dates to lessen product loss. My co-workers included military and civilian which made it very diverse. The hardest part of the job was transporting large amounts of medications. The enjoyable part of the job was customer appreciation of my work.
Pros
Holidays, Free lunch, customer based, and
Cons
fast pace, short time frames to complete goals, pressure from military expectations and job expectations
Productive and time management.
Track Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Repaired and maintained multiple track vehicles a day.
Learned everything I know because of the army.
Was in charge of up to 5 co-workers a day.
fort bliss
Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 10, 2016
typical day was sand in my face
i learned to be a effective leader
management was toxic
my co workers were hard workers
hardest part was the weather
most enjoyable part was the brotherhood
Pros
field
Cons
everything
Its great
Captain (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Loved the Army. Deployments were the best part. You get paid well and avoid all the hassles of normal day-to-day life. I loved it.
It's A good place to start if you want to learn discipline, and responsibility
Chemical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at work begins with a lot a maintenance of equipment that gets used on a regular bases. I learned to be for organized and to take initiative and be more of a leader. Our NCOs took care of there soldiers and listened to there issues they might of had and handled them the best way that they could. My co-workers were very responsible and always helped out with whatever needed to get done without any hesitation. The hardest part about the job for me was being so far apart from family and friends. The most enjoyable part was deployment, and being able to travel to different parts of the world and around the country.
Pros
Living in The barracks, having a dining facility to eat at for free
Cons
Late working hours, separation from family for long periods of time
U.S. Army
Operations and Plans Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 10, 2016
A great place to work with a wide variety of hours. An extremely great place to work if you have the right management and leadership to work for.
Civil Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOFebruary 10, 2016
This was my first role in managing sales representatives. During the eight years I was with the company I experienced success, growing pains, and a company merge.
Pros
Good people, family oriented
Cons
There were some growing pains
Hands on training mixed and resourceful instuctors
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAFebruary 10, 2016
Enjoyed the fact that the instructors taught beyond the academic standards at the school and allowed us to develop a sense of understanding the US Army as both a career and a pathway for future endeavors.
Met all different walks of life.
Emergency Treatment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 10, 2016
My work experience varied depending on where I was stationed and who I worked with. I enjoyed helping people. I enjoyed training soldiers.
Pros
Got to travel to many countries, civilian educational opportunities
Cons
Sacrifice personal time/ family for professional missions
productive work place
Team chief (Former Employee) –  Anchorage Alaska and tacoma WashigntonFebruary 10, 2016
co-workers were very close like a family and it made working together easy. hours were long and tough. when supplies ran out it took a lot of time to receive new material this making us backed up on projects.
Pros
gaining hands on knoledge
Cons
long hours not much family time
Outstanding
Armor Senior Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 10, 2016
Would not change a thing, learned teamwork and leadership. Loyalty, honor and selfless service. I feel every person should serve if possible to see if you have what it takes.
Contracting Officer Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 10, 2016
Great job with great benefits. I highly recommend the US Army for everyone. Great health insurance, and great people. Fort Polk, LA is awesome.
Severed my time
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 10, 2016
The military is not for every one and can be hard some people are able to move up in rank and enjoy there time in the military and some do not like the military life and are wanting to get out at fast as they can but the job gets done at the end of the day
Pros
good medical and education
Cons
poor living conditions and lack of family focus
N/a
Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 10, 2016
Its the Army, you do what is needed when the time comes. I was a medic we peformed training and treatments daily when in garrison and on deployments monitored and treated casualties as received.
Military Experience
88M Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Being in the Army and helping to serve my country is an overall great feeling to know that I am helping to protect citizens.
Great work environment
AMMUNITION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 10, 2016
A busy day where many different jobs are done. Leadership and management skills can be acquired. A great learning experience.
benefits
Cons
hours

4.5