U.S. Army
19,438 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Practice Management in the Army
Practice Manager (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: working with various people, learning new technologies, and learning new aspects of various job roles
Cons: 2-3 year rotation, always on call (military), sometimes no breakfast nor lunch break
A typical day at work starts with arriving at 6 a.m. to open the facility. I start computers and check equipment throughout patient treatment rooms and axillary rooms to ensure everything is functioning prior to customer arrivals. I greet all employees and ensure all treatments rooms are properly staffed. I compile various supply reports, budget reports, and treatment reports. I liaison with other supporting agencies throughout the community providing readiness and referral care reports. I made sure I was accessible to all employees and vendors. I made a point to walk throughout the clinic different parts of the day to speak to everyone. Practice management in the Army has taught me to be flexible, to be adaptable, and to be personable. It was this job that I enjoyed the most. The hardest part of this job was leaving when I was honorably discharged.
U.S. Army Signal Officer
Signal Officer, Major (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great fringe benefits
Cons: long hours and deployments put a real strain on the family
The typical day at my job in the Army consisted of managing a team of 25 personnel to design, implement, and secure networks for up to 3,000 users on 18 different communications platforms.

I learned extensively about information technology management. I also learned about leadership and what it takes to successfully influence people to accomplish tough missions as a team. I learned about staff integration, and how modern technology requires an IT manager to be able to understand and add cohesiveness to all business functions within any element.

My co-workers were generally hard working professional who continually amazed with their discipline, commitment to the mission, and ability to have fun while doing so. There was a lot of camaraderie from the combined endurance of tough situations that is otherwise impossible to forge.

The hardest part of this job was to tactfully advise leaders that their goals and methods were having an adverse impact on the organization's ability to accomplish the mission.

The most enjoyable parts of the job included the satisfaction of doing something meaningful, honorable and worthwhile with many amazing people.
Wounderful organization
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: everyone is kind to one another
Very fast paced work. Members of the organization care about one another as well as taking care of the mission flawlessly.
Gained lots of skills and knowledge but ready for new challenges as a civilian.
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: excellent healthcare benefits, traveling the globe
Cons: extremely inconsistent work schedules with hardly any time to plan accordingly
A typical work day consisted of what the higher level command wanted completed. From training to operate successfully in combat, scheduled maintenance on equipment or advancing individual military careers through specific schooling. I became proficient in many areas to include leadership, accountability, management, concept of operations, Engineering and the importance of discipline. The hardest areas of the job was adjusting to constant change in management, schedules and missions. Being away from loved ones for years months or weeks at a time never being able to plan free time accordingly due to repeated uncertainties in my work schedule. Taking care of my subordinates, training them and watching them successfully perform duties in compliance with my instructions was easily the most rewarding and enjoyable part of my military experience.
stressfull
M1 Abrams Armored Crewman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 27, 2015
very stressful no time at home with family hard to transition from how ever has great benefits and great job security. work both inside and outside hrs range from 12-24 hr shifts
Appreciative Experience
Company Armorer (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: stable pay, many benefits
Cons: extreme micro-management
The best aspect I gained from the U.S Army is appreciation. I have experienced schedules that change more frequently that I ever expected, but instilled a discipline of punctuality. I have deployed, and learned how to perform under the most stressful situations, which makes me confident to to handle future jobs.

The hardest moments would be the separation and uncertainties of many days at a time. I now appreciate the more stable environment of a non-military job. Having a typical 8 to 5 business hours (or what have you), or a concrete idea and task for a job, fulfills my personality for being productive.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the teamwork, and the unique relationship that service members develop during his or her service.
High standard of discipline
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: dining facility located in proximity to the work place, as well as housing provided.
Cons: 20 hour work days, and long periods of time away from home.
Joining the military at a young age taught me how to be an adult in a high stress situation, working up to 20 hour physically demanding days, while maintaining a high standard of discipline, hygiene, and punctuality. While the military
Great experience
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: serving the country
Cons: a lot of time spent away from family
A day in the Army starts at 5:30am with PT. Usually a 4 mile run or more with calisthenics also. The day could end as late as 8 pm. I learned to be a leader, how to manage, prepare meals for thousands of troops, order rations, bake, run a shift, and food and saftey guidelines. Management helped me become a great soldier, man, and chef. Co-workers was like family. Spending months away from loved ones was the most difficult part of the military, but serving my country is priceless.
A good job/ Away from family a lot
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: salary pay, great leadership
Cons: being away from family for a year at a time.
I worked on the advanced field artillery tactical data system.
I follow the orders from the NCO's and the Officers appointed above me. Severed two tours in Iraq away from family.
Serving my country is very rewarding.
Chief Warrant Officer (Current Employee), Fort Sam Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: retirement after 20 years of service.
Cons: deployment to a combat environment is a strong possibility
The U.S. Army is a great organization. It has provided me with the opportunity to learn management and supervisory skills that are not available in most organizations. I have performed daily duties in a rapidly changing environment solving complex issues. This organization promotes teamwork and a positive work environment.
Exciting and challenging job everyday.
Nodal Network Systems Operator (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: healthcare, family orientied
Cons: 24hours shifts
Come in an conduct physical fittness training at 0630am for one hour. Give one hour and a half conduct personal hygein and be ready for work a 0900. Average day consist of preventive checks for maitance of commounication equipment and proper communication security for respective equipment. Management are nice and helpful. Rely on co-workers a great amount of time because team work is essentials for specific task.The hardest part about the job is its high stress enviorment.
Learning experience
Equipment repairer and Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJanuary 27, 2015
The hardest job I had to do and most rewarding as well.
I learned to multi-tasked . Gave me a sense of belonging .
Fulfilling job with the satisfaction that you have made a difference.
Military Intelligence Collector (Former Employee), United StatesJanuary 27, 2015
I learned to improve my skills as a leader, become a better team player, work harder to accomplish the task at hand, and built longlasting friendships.
Great palce to work, great team work
Human Resource Operations Manager (Former Employee), Gillem Enclave, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Great co-workers, a team to be proud of and give all you got to get the job done.
Fun and Enjoyable
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good people, fun times
Cons: higher ups can hold you from advancing
training in the mountains and open terrain of Colorado was a mixed bag of enjoyable and dreadful. the people you meet help ease your mind to get through whatever you need. loved serving m country
Diverse
Dental Technician (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: many benifits such as educational, medical, and training.
Cons: the competition for growth can be fierce depending on your job field.
The United States Army is a field in which one can experience many opportunities throughout thier term of service. There are travel opportunities and a chance to meet many people from all over the world. In summary, I would describe the army as being diverse in nature.
Learning opportunity
Administrative Assistant/Tech (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 27, 2015
It has great opportunities
Great working environment
Everyone work as team player
Learn a lot of different skills
Promotion opportunity is great
Productive Environment
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Great leadership and hands on experience with great training
Great place for job security.
Supervisor - Information Management Officer (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Constant work. Not much time for family life. Overall a great place to work if you like to travel all the time.
Teaching and motivating experience
Senior Food Operations Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: being part of a team
Cons: moving around too much
Teaching and motivating Soldiers to accomplish the mission in a timely manner. Having them learn to take the initiative, learn and grow as an individual as well as a team.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more