U.S. Army
20,841 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Productive Officers for US Soldiers
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2015
This office serviced every U.S. Soldier to include notary services, qualified legal counsel in times of hardship or general duties. The most enjoyable pat of the job was knowing you were making a difference in a Soldiers life whether it be personal or professional.
A great experience
Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee), FT. Stewart, GaMarch 31, 2015
Pros: 90 min lunch break, free health benefits and dental.
Cons: Deployments
From 2008 to 2010 I was part the Battalion S-6 Information management officers. Where I troubleshoot the computers and Laptop that belonged to our unit. 2011 to 2012 I was moved to the company headquarter to continue as a Information management officer and as a human resource personnel. During this time I gained experience in using Microsoft words, excel, power point and Outlook. 2013 to 2014 I transferred to the Battalion S-3 where I learned how to file claims for travels and requesting school enrollment for soldiers to have a career advancement.
Great work experience
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Benefits, meeting new people, long lunches, helping others
Cons: job/life balance, unorganized, deployments
A typical day at work is 6:30 am mandatory physical training, at 8:30 am you are released to shower and change and then come back to work at 9:30. From 9:30 to 5:00 I would take care of customer service, answer and direct phone calls, help soldiers make changes to their life insurance policy as well as helping them with any other personnel accounting information.

What I learned from the job was resiliency, how to adapt to a fast paced environment, to learn each job I was taught quickly and to help everyone the best of my ability.

As a Human Resources Specialist you are taught time management is something that is very important. You have tasks handed to you from every angle and there is little down time between tasks.

My co-workers all came from different back grounds. At first it was a challenge and we didn't communicate to each other. After a couple weeks we opened up to each other and created a system so that we were able to get our tasks completed in a shorter amount of time.

The hardest part of my job was the job work and life balance. It was very difficult for me to balance the two out considering we were on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Almost monthly we would do a 24 hour duty. Along with the deployments and scares of what can happen overseas, and the job being so unorganized at all times.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others. I have a passion for helping others and to make their lives easier. I also really enjoy meeting new people.
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXMarch 31, 2015
Working in the united states Army was eventful everyday it was new way of learning every single day. I learn so many things while serving this country
Exciting and Intutive enviroment
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee), York, SCMarch 31, 2015
Good work environment, every day is something new and exciting. People are respectful and takes care of each other. Command Staff is involved with the unit.
Highly Productive work force providing security all over the world
Force Protection Manager/Personal Security Officer (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYMarch 31, 2015
- There are no typical days in the Army and thats why i love it

-The skills I have learned while in the Army are immeasurable

-The Army is managed by some of the most competent men and women in the United States

-My co-workers are my friends, my family, and my battle buddies.

- The hardest part of the US Army is leaving

- The most enjoyable part of the Army is sharing a common goal with people from all walk of life, culture, and background
U.S. Army
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), AlaskaMarch 31, 2015
As an Active Duty Solider I spent more of my time in wonderful places and enjoying the life in the military. I deployed to Iraq once to help serve my country.
A fantastic experience and lots of travel.
Texas Army National Guard NCO (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Everything you learn is great and useful and free
Cons: Lots of uniform time and many deployments
Enlisting in the U.S Army, going to training with the best humans; getting trained by the best military personnel ever was a real privilege.

Learning things and being able to open my eyes to so much which I didn’t know in the past. Parents do not know everything so they cannot teach you everything.
Benefits work in the end
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Fort LewisMarch 31, 2015
Was a correctional specialist for the US ARMY for 5 years the job really sucked, but in the end the education and benefits pay off.
Always a different day
Unit Administrator (Current Employee), Perrine, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: no weekend work
Cons: long days
A typical day at work is anything but typical, there are variations of issues and concerns that must be addressed daily. They range from financial to personal. I learn something new everyday as it is difficult to get all the educational portion of the job complete when needed so it's a learning experience every day. My team is the hardest working team in the Command. I work with some very intelligent individuals and just being on a good team like this makes my day worth it.
Army Life
Human Resources Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: medical benefits, educational benefits, pay for housing, vacation time, and the ease to come and go when needed.
Cons: no stability, always worried about changing units or deploying.
Wake up early and go do physical training with the Soldiers. Work from 9am to 5pm, assisting Soldier's with pay issues and managing their records. I learned a great deal from the Army way too much to start typing. I've been a leader and managing Soldier's for about 4 years now and it's a terriffic experience and I learn something new each day. My co-workers are unique in their own ways and brought many great ideas to the table. The hardest part of the job is having no stability and always on the run from one duty station to the next or deploying every other year. The most enjoyable part of my job is I have a lot of power to free roam as a leader and develope my Soldiers however I see best.
Great experience
Medical Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. Lewis, Wa. Multiple locationsMarch 31, 2015
Pros: People, traveling, benefits
Cons: Occassionally physically demanding
Great opportunities to travel, meet new people, go to college, and test your fortitude physically. Made life long friends and went places I never thought I would. Lots of physical training, and way too many opportunities! Paid vacation, easy travel, free healthcare, and really good benefits and lots of incentives to continue or stay with the military. The hardest part of this job is working in a field environment with little sleep, putting up tents, and roughing it outdoors for anywhere from 14 days at a time, to 30 or 60 days at a time. This occurred not too often. The most enjoyable part of this job was traveling to places like Hawaii, Germany, and all over the United States.
Productive and Challenging workplace
13B Cannon Crewmember/ Ammunition Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: hour and a half lunch
Cons: no breaks work stright to lunch and after till formation
A typical day at work for me is get up at 0530 get dressed for physical training after go home change go to the motor pool and work on vehicles make sure they are running and operating the right way.
Fast-paced workplace with exciting tasks and amazing co-workers
Management Analyst, Surface Maintenance Office (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Compensation, health care
Cons: Time away from family, friends.
First, there is no typical day! My workday would start anywhere between 0400 and noon, and generally last about ten hours, however twelve hour days were not uncommon. The work changed from day to day, sometimes the work was strictly administrative and the day was spent in front of a computer. Other days would bring field work or training and I wouldn't see "indoors" for days.

Learning points came often. There was always a new project or program to learn or participate in. My biggest take-away was to keep my mind, eyes, and ears open, and above all else, be flexible.

Management was 100% supportive of the workforce. They made it clear that family and personal well-being were quite important, as neglect in these areas may weaken the workforce and productivity could be negatively impacted. Work came first, and our managers were always alongside us, to coach, mentor, and assist if needed.

My co-workers are some of the best people I have ever met. I have made many life-long friendships and have amassed a huge network of colleagues. They are tantamount to family, and there is little I wouldn't do for them, and them for me.

The hardest part of the job was the erratic hours. Plain and simple.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with, and the environment I worked in (mother nature).
Uncle Sam Aint Released Me Yet (US. ARMY)
Senior Fusion Chief (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Serving your country
Cons: being away from family and anything you know
Wonderful opportunity to serve your country! Nothing is ever routine about your day or your work. One day you can be driving a tank or jumping from aircraft while in flight, the next mowing grass on a parade field. I learned responsibility and respect. management is almost like a regular job except you have to respect the rank regardless of how you feel.
Great place to learn
Logistics Operations Manager (Former Employee), US, Europe, Asia and middle eastMarch 31, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no home life
Its a great place to learn. I started as a truck driver and moved on to warehouse work. From packing, shipping and receiving, to warehouse management. I worked every aspect of the logistics field from tracking shipments to relocating frustrated cargo, loading and offloading trucks as well as transporting the cargo. I learned to work with ammunition and dangerous goods and warehouse safety. I learned how to use multiple heavy equipment such as forklifts, backhoes, loaders, RT Cranes and tractor trailers. I learned a lot from the army and now I am looking forward to the same type of work as a civilian.
Great people, great friends
Family Readines Group (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: The only con was being away from my spouse for so long.
I enjoyed making new friends and having a GREAT support system for when my husband was deployed.
We organized fundraising events.
Send care packages to our units overseas.
We make welcome home baskets for the single soldiers.
Organization that trains individuals to become leaders.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 31, 2015
That U.S. Army is a great organization that instills individuals with the right skills and training in order to lead and train other individuals. I worked with different individuals from different parts of the world and learned about different culture and languages. The hardest part of the job was being away from family for long extended periods of time but it also let me travel to different places of the world I never thought I would see. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I made a difference everyday pertaining to my job and co-workers. I learned different skills and how to use them in the career field I am going to pursue. It also taught me how to work well under pressure, how to manage my time and how to budget as well.
Army life
Supervisor/ Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Health Beneifits
Cons: long hours
Joining the army made me realize that life isn't easy. I have learn to be a leader and do what I am told.This job taught me to teach others and learn more as i'm teaching.
Productive Day to Day Operations
Maintenance Readiness Branch OIC (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work reviewing reports, ensuring data was up to date and accurate, also updating supervisor. Managed over the units materials, equipment, and subordinates within my section. My co-workers were great. All about team work and getting the mission done. The most enjoyable part of the job was the bond that was built between my subordinates and co-workers. One team, One fight.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries