U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 25,343 reviews matching the search
U.S. Army
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 6, 2016
I enjoyed the Army. The most enjoyable part about being in the Army was the sense of family and community within the company. The people I worked with made work not seem like work.
Changes your outlook on life
Fire Team Leader/Company Armourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 6, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of anything from jumping out of airplanes, going to a shooting range, practicing skills, classes, fixing vehicles and maintaining a functional work place.
Its the Army
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, WashingtonFebruary 5, 2016
Being in the military might be a learning experience but its not a job for everybody. You have to be disciplined, hard working, and ready to give your life to them.
Pros
Leave days (vacation)
Cons
name it
Proud to Serve
Parachute Infantry Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 5, 2016
I will miss all my coworkers, but I am glad to not be on call 24 hrs a day and 7 days a week and living out of 2 bags. Over all, it was a great experience.
Not for everyone
Signal Communictions (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 5, 2016
The days some times can be long and stressful, work starts at 6:30 AM and last most days till 5:00 PM. Some day due to job requirement you might need to stay till 10:00 PM. The life experience that you get is invaluable. You meet so many people from across the world in this job or as support personal. It is an environment all to its self
Pros
Medical, and Dental benifits
Cons
Deployments
Us army
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 5, 2016
Maintained a Secret Security Clearance while possesion of over 136 accountable soldiers. Maintained Secret documents to provide leadership for soldiers.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Bad Leadership
More than just a job.
Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA 98433February 5, 2016
A military service career develops not only hard and soft skills, but also teaches valuable life lessons. This invaluable training will prepare you for whatever future career aspirations you might have.
Pros
Travel, advancement and training.
Pushed to limits
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 5, 2016
Being in the military, made me realize that I could do more than I could imagine. It opened my eyes to different people and different cultures.
Unorganized and Strenuous Environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Pickett, VAFebruary 5, 2016
The Army isn't what it used to be. Undisciplined Soldiers are entering into the military and we are expected to teach them what their parents failed to.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Ineffective Leaders
Great
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2016
The Army is a great place to be and thrive. The schedule is always set in stone and I always know what is expected of me. It has taught me so many things about the world and myself as well. I enjoy when it because it gives you a sense of purpose.

Want to know more about U.S. Army?

Ask a question
Great experience for life
Petroleum & Cargo Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 5, 2016
The military (US Army), is a great life experience for every person on the planet. It help you open up your mind about life, people and your limited view of the world. The unit and post you go to, can change everything you thought about life, race and culture, outside that 50 mile radius you call, home, you been living at your whole life. Join, and see for yourself.
Pros
People, Experiences, Places
Cons
Pay, Places, People
US Army Officer
Army officer (Current Employee) –  Ft. EustisFebruary 5, 2016
Great job. Great benefits. Great mission.

People first, mission always.

The people you work with are committed to the values of the Nation. Funding is bound by election and appointment processes in accordance with the Constitution. It is not a perfect system, but it is the best system of government in the world.

Moving is tough and can be hard on the family. Deployments are tough too. It is a mixed bag. You don't want to miss your family, but you won't want to spend the entire time on the bench either.
Pros
Benefits, Committment to something larger than self
Cons
Time away from family; frequent moves
Productive and Life Changing Experience
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 5, 2016
I've learned and gained a lot of valuable experience during my 23 years of service to our country. I've enjoyed the travel and meeting my brothers and sisters in arms.
Benefits
Cons
Long Deployments
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 5, 2016
Professional environment
Great co-workers, and supervisors
Change to see the world
Served my country
Learned a lot
Serving in Iraq and Afghanistan was a live experience
Exciting adventure for the young at heart
Company Commander (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 5, 2016
Typical day begins with physical fitness training for an hour, most of the day is office work and weekends are usually available for your own pursuits
good management
C2 Systems Integrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Great environment, good coworker, good management; places very high value on employees; generous benefits; shares profits
Pros
Very professional management team.
Military experience
Military Police/Blotter Clerk/Administration (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 4, 2016
The military has a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. It has paid vacation, bi-weekly pay, medical, dental, and recreational events. The military has multiple schools for every type of career.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Long hours, stressful, too many bosses
Great life experience
Religious Affairs Noncommissioned Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYFebruary 4, 2016
Being in the military is great each day brings a different challenge. You can learn a lot from the people that you work with.
Pros
Job security and training
Cons
Being away from family and friends
Productive workplace, Great work experience, and learning usable skills
25C Radio Operator Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 4, 2016
The US Army made me an efficient worker and productive leader while providing the skills to use in everyday life allowing the ability to effectively deal with any obstacle.
United States Army
UNITED STATES INFANTRY (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I've enjoyed my time in the military service. As I see my contract & time is coming to a close, it's time to look forward & better myself outside in the civilian sector. Amazing leadership & amazing management. Soldiers that I have gone over seas with have become my brothers. The most enjoyable part about being a United States Infantryman is upholding the standard & tradition that we have held for countless of years. The most difficult part of this job is probably the lack of sleep, & communication. When things become a stir, problem solving & adapting to the situation is key.

4.5