U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,332 reviews matching the search
Wonderful way to work with many aspiring individuals.
13F Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAFebruary 26, 2017
The Army is a very diverse and structured entity, with many aspiring individuals trying to make it each day. Physical fitness is paramount, being one of the larger focuses of everyday. The rigid structure and focus on basic principles of work tend to lean many towards a stronger work ethic, and the army pairs this work ethic with a competitive system to promote growth. The culture is very professional in most organizations across the Army, and I would say that the hardest part about the job would be dealing with the few organizations that are not professional. The most enjoyable part of the job is, for the most part, being gainfully employed every day.
Pros
Physical Training, Health Insurance
Cons
Long Hours (12-15)
Army
Team Leader/Petroleum Supply Handler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2017
Excellent Leadership and Mentorship developed a sense of pride and ownership of career. Also learn how to work well with other team members. Developed skills that will eventually help in other career paths.
N/a
Battalion Schools Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 26, 2017
over 17 years in the service, I have learned a lot of advance leadership skills. How to manage very stressful events and missions to work in our advantage.
Nice work day great co-workers
Automated Logistical Specialists and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAFebruary 26, 2017
my work days would be great I loved working with my co-workers we always brung a good work ethic and positive energy to our workplace. No matter what we made the best of every situation and we always brighten up our days together.
Stressful and Fast Paced
Helicopter Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 26, 2017
Early wake ups, long days, poor time management, untimely dissemination of information. Unlike LinkedIn, they do not force you to write reviews.
Productive with constant work, and good job security
Patriot Fire Control Enhanced Operator Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OK. Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 26, 2017
Work day starts at 0630 every morning with physical training. I have learned leadership, and equipment management, and weapons firing and handling. I have encountered, and learned how to interact with people from cultural backgrounds from around the globe. The ability to see the world is by far the most enjoyable thing in the military.
Pros
Good medical care for family members
Cons
Lack of communication
always a good thing
Single Channel Radio Operator 31C (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 26, 2017
The Army was the best thing to happen to me although it wasnt the medical field I liked it alot, I grew in so many different ways and learned alot about the world
Its the Army
Product Manager - Air Traffic Control (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALFebruary 26, 2017
Good job with access to great benefits. This job is not for everyone and should not be. Comes with short notice changes and required travel. Must work well with others.
Hooah
United States Army National Guard (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 26, 2017
Military was the best decision in my life. Great opportunity for foundation. Networking and overall business skills.
Life values
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2017
The military taught me great life lessons and knowledge. It built me up mentally and physically. My time in the service was well needed to become the person I am today.
Productive with opportunities for advancement.
Air and Missile Defense Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKFebruary 26, 2017
Continuous opportunity to grow. Promotions based off availalable allocations. Management changes frequently with most units having great leadership. Healthcare and retirement benefits are great.
Dedication
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KY 42223February 26, 2017
Serving over seas side by side my fellow brothers and sisters. Not much I can say because I am not too comfortable speaking about what i saw over seas at war.
US Military
Network Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 25, 2017
Being a part of the military is a good opportunity for anyone looking to find their own career path. The time I spend in service to my country has provided me with many new and positive experiences that I have taken with me to the public sector.
Military Lifestyle
Logistic Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 25, 2017
Great benefits and continually challenges you daily. You get the opportunity to interact with a multitude of different individuals and learn different ways to interact.
Mission Focus
Aircraft Electrical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 25, 2017
Mission Focus. Soldier will have the opportunity to travel the world. The option to attend school is also available. Learning additional training outside of your own is available for all Soldiers
Pros
Stability
Cons
Great benefits and all around a great place to work for.
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 25, 2017
By far was the best job i have ever had. Where else do you get paid to see the world. Best benefits out there by far, and free healthcare. The pay was horrible and should be alot more for what every soldier has to go through
Great Job
Mid-level Manager, HR, Instructor, Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 25, 2017
United States Army • Varied Locations Globally • 2006 to 2017
Mid-level Manager, HR, Instructor, Staff Sergeant
• Provided instruction in Human Resource Management Course.
• Provided HR services for more than 800 personnel. Handled finance, leave/vacation, and administrative management. Cross trained personnel on Finance SOPs. Prepared evaluations, trained and mentored personnel.
• Deployed to Afghanistan processing the remains of fallen soldiers and ensuring transport of burn victims and amputees to Germany for skin grafts and additional treatment
challenging but rewarding job.
Petroleum Fuel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Primarily responsible for supervising and managing the reception, storage and shipping of bulk or packaged petroleum-based products.
Dispensing bulk fuels and water from storage and distribution facilities
Supervise 11-30 service members at any given time.
How to motivate others and the need for multitasking.
Hardest part about the military going to combat.
The most rewarding part of the job is the people that you work with.
Pros
Free Medical Care
Cons
Gone from home for long periods at a time.
Great Career
Garrison Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Presidio of Monterey, CAFebruary 25, 2017
I've recently retired after 20 years. I began as an enlisted Soldier back in 1984 and worked up to my current rank of LTC. Serving as an Army chaplain was challenging, but also extremely rewarding.
Pros
Great experience!
Army life does not leave room for academic exceptionalism
Medical Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 25, 2017
The title says it all. If you are enlisted with an advanced education background, leadership often tries to, "humble," you in front of your peers. This, "humbling," is often done to all enlisted, only those with advanced degrees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4