U.S. Army

23.6K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Biggest Company in the Country
Staff Sergeant (E-6) (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Travel, Benefits, Best Team in the World, Tons of diverse skills and experiences.
Cons: War, Travel, Extended periods of time away from family, High Stress, Lethal Danger
Ever Changing Environment
Travelled Around the World
Encouraged to learn and grow
Massive levels of responsibilities
Broad spectrum of skill learned and practice
Tons of real-world experience
Great Branch to serve in
Motor Operator Transporter (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXAugust 5, 2015
Pros: 30 plus days paid leave, Job security
Cons: Deployments
I loved being a soldier just follow orders and keep a good head on you shoulders you will succeed. Had some really great leaders that gave me good guidance.
Good travel met a lot of people, adventurous
Mechanic (Former Employee), Ft. Clayton PanamaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: All the benefits and travel
Cons: Away from family and getting shot at
I enjoyed my time in the army. Learned to be independent and discipline, the first job I ever had, it helped me to understand the importance of life.
Not what you expect
68W Health Care Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Comprehensive benefits
Cons: Poor organization and lack of vision
This is an organization which is driven by irrational, reactionary decision making with a highly sedentary, well-entrenched 'good ol boy' leadership. The Army will challenge you, but not in ways you would expect. This is not a good thing. Ideal for individuals with no previous work experience, marketable skills or a desire to do anything beyond spending a long day of water-cooler-talk.
Down to business
Operations Officer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Cutting edge
Cons: Office politics
The day began with early morning physical training. I would then get showered and head for the office. Checking/responding to emails, meetings, reviewing timelines, directing personnel, working assigned tasks, starting and finishing necessary tasks. Timeliness was huge in all of the operations environment.
Great place to work!
Special Forces Senior Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Serving my country was the greatest accomplish I have made so far.
Cons: Being away from my family
I recommend that everyone should serve our country, it builds character and a work ethic that is unmatched. I have learned what it means to operate in a team environment. A good leader does not only know how to lead but also knows how to follow too. I also learned how to never give up and to always have a positive attitude. I am closer to my teammates than I am to some of my family members.
Way of life
Tank Armor Crewman - 19K, Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYAugust 4, 2015
My experience taught be discipline and humility. You get to meet a lot of interesting people and travel the world. Depending on your job and the war status of the country, you can go without seeing your family for an extended period of time.
US Army
Senior Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Fort LewisAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: leave love ones
I have serve in the Army for 20+ years as a 15R Attack Helicopter repairer men. work was easy great people to work with and for sure plenty of work. Management is good but sometime new supervisor have there way to run business so you have to be very flexible the hardest part is leaving your family for long deployments but we do get paid extra. best part of my job is fixing on a broken aircraft and getting it back to flying status and watch it fly away. a job well done
What can i say, its the army.
Logistics Specialist Unites States Army (Former Employee), South CarolinaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Everyday is different
Cons: Physical training
The army taught me a lot of discipline and leadership skills. I learned to be more productive with my time. It teaches you to be responsible
Combat Deployment
Lieutenant (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Leader Development
Cons: Afghanistan
The company helped secured an important supply route used by NATO forces. The job was very rewarding in that there were ample opportunities for professional growth and development.
Would go back if I could
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKAugust 4, 2015
Absolutely loved working for th U.S Army. Moved up fast deployed and would love to do it all over again, No complaints you know what you are signing up for.
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort BlissAugust 4, 2015
Management were not experienced for the most part but the good ones who were, knew what they taught. Benefits are great, long hours do not show on pay check.
Its the Army
Training Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Carson ColoradoAugust 4, 2015
As an Infantryman I am responsible for millions of dollars worth of equipment. I receive good health care and life insurance benefits. It is a general service to our country.
Lots of Hardwork and motivating enviroment
Infantry (Former Employee), Ft. bliss, txAugust 4, 2015
Tough environment that requires a lot of self motivating but its an extremely enjoyable experience it takes a lot to be able to get involved in such a difficult job
Typical day in the Army.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Ft. Benning, GeorgiaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed working with my fellow soldiers
Cons: Long work hours, didn't see my kids much.
I would wake up around 4 a.m. and get dressed for p.t., or physical training. After p.t., I would get ready and report to my sergeant's office, where I would receive instructions on what to do for the day or even the week. My fellow soldiers and myself would get on the task immediately, not leaving work until around 6 p.m.
Adventure
SGT (Former Employee), As DirectedAugust 4, 2015
Issued, received and transported HAZMAT material to U.S. Army standards. Supervised, trained and delegated various tasks to subordinates. Trained in the safety, health and welfare of soldiers including various military affairs. Involved in retention and recruiting activities. Deployed for Operation Enduring Freedom/Task Force Keystone 7/25/02 – 3/13/03 Handled Force Protection of U.S. Key Facilities, personnel and interests outside of the continental U.S. Trained Anti-Terrorism and Security Awareness.  22 years of service with a combination of National Guard and Active Duty time.
US military
US Army Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYAugust 4, 2015
My time in the US ARMY had its ups and downs but was overall a great experience and taught me a lot of good skills. I deployed to Afghanistan and met my wife during my time stationed at Ft Drum.
Not what I thought
Army Rank E4 Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. Eustis, VaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Lots of different eposure
Cons: Had no support
My time in the military was up and down. The military was more like a big summer camp for adults. There is not the discipline like I thought. I had no support in the company I was in, but I was permitted to re-station I would probably still be in.
HOOAH
Water treatment Specialist (Former Employee), Fort HoodAugust 4, 2015
Pros: HOOAH
Cons: HOOAH
HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH
A typical day at work
Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 4, 2015
Fun place to work at and a great support system where you have room to grow and explore and where other co-workers are helping you succede
Headquarters