U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,124 reviews matching the search
perfection
Military (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJuly 25, 2016
very exhausting but an honor to serve this amazing country and to protect my fellow americans. Its not just a job I do its my life and I love doing it.
A lot of hard working
Ammunition Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJuly 24, 2016
worked minimum or 12 hour days and had to learn to be great under extreme stress and solve problems quickly. led soldiers well and learned a great deal from everyone i met.
Pros
stay in great shape
Cons
got injured on many occasions
Making a difference in the United States Army.
Fuel Systems Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is very diverse, and allows to travel, see the world, and meet people from different places. Comradery is also great, everyone from different walks of life working together to accomplish a common goal. There is no hard part to work The people you work with can make it hard if they are not cooperating and doing what needs to be done and in a timely manner. A typical day work involves the supervision of 181 personnel, managing them and making sure all tasks are completed before the close of business. I learned that integrity and honesty will take you a long way. The Army is built around trust, and if that trust is broken, the mission has failed.
Pros
Diversity, Travel, Benefits, Job Security.
Cons
Limited time with Family.
Got to travel to countries that was once in a life time chance
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJuly 24, 2016
Prepared and cooked food for up to 500 soldiers a day. How to cook in large quantities. Co-workers were great. Deployments. Serving my country.
Pros
the job security, and health benefits
Cons
Deploying to war zones.
Not for me
15D Aircraft powertrain repairer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 24, 2016
I really enjoy my job in the army, but the army is not for me. There is way to much lack of communication, last second changes, and too many people think they are owed something just for doing their job.
Great!
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 24, 2016
Being in the army taught me 5 great skills: Communication, Leadership, Great Work Ethic, Management, And Organization.
hard but fair work place
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCJuly 24, 2016
It was a great life, just wasn't for me. received a unconditional, general discharge, can show paperwork upon interview.
Structured, Orderly, Demanding, Fun, Productive, Family, Uniformed
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 24, 2016
A typical day in the Army, would be to get orders and execute those orders in a safe and orderly manner as possible. Serve in in Combat during War. I learned how to be a better person, be dependable, structured, time management. the hardest part of the job is when deployed being away from family for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of being the Army is building a brother/sister hood with your fellow conrads.
Nothing like service to Country
Medical Professional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  VariousJuly 23, 2016
No better organization to a part of. Get to work with nothing but the best and offer the most. Only a few have the opportunity and honor/ability to serve this great country and it has been an honor for me.
88M Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 23, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the US Army and although there were hard days it was still worth it. I got to spend time abroad and visit different states in the US. Great place and honored to be called a Veteran.
Awesome Opportunity
Staff Sergeant-Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 23, 2016
I loved being a soldier and serving as a member of a team. at the end of the day I felt a great deal of satisfaction from knowing I served something bigger than myself.
Some days will be more tiring than others....
Ammunition Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 23, 2016
There will be days when you will have an easy work day, and some days where it seems the work will never end....
You will have to deal with a variety of different personalities, but at the end of the day, it will be worth it.
usually fun / learned alot
Heavy Construction Equipment Repairer (Former Employee) –  York, SCJuly 23, 2016
great for any single man, but not good for a family man. women are held to a lower standard of readiness than men but payed the same (unfair to men). Almost an anti-christian environment.
Pros
good pay and room to grow
Cons
Devout christians have no freedom of speech or religious protection.
Great Experience
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 23, 2016
I have been in the army for 6 years now. Really enjoy the experience. You will learn army tasks that you can take to your civilian workplace. You have fellow soldiers that are there to assist you with your day to day tasks.
great for learning and growing up
92G Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 22, 2016
The army was a great benefit for me. It help me grow as a man gave me discipline and become something far more great then what i used to be.
Free Healthcare
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYJuly 22, 2016
Being a soldier has its perks. I loved wearing the uniform and being proud of serving my country. But I also hated the fact that I had horrible leadership. They didn't give too damns about me and didn't try to help me out when it came to PT.
Pros
Free healthcare
Cons
Leadership
coordination
machanic (Former Employee) –  Camp HumphreysJuly 22, 2016
The hardest part of my job was the coordination of all of my co workers. I did enjoy the fact of working hard and being able to work on different types of vehicles
Very professional, good work force, very efficient, productive, fast paced, team work, management is very good
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 22, 2016
Typical day of work would be maintaining vehicles and trailers. I learn new things everyday management is very strict and straight forward. My coworkers are great to work with hardest part of my job is removing trailer tires. Most enjoyable part would be learning new things.
Pros
Benifits, free schooling
Cons
Short breaks and pushups
Good team work and leadership
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCJuly 22, 2016
I have done many jobs during my 17 years in the Army. Most notably my deployment to Iraq in 2004. I had the opportunity to experience various cultures and had the chance to talk with some of the locals. In my daily duties with the Army I work with a team and have formed a strong leadership bond with my fellow soldiers.
Pros
Love the people I work with and proud to serve my country
Great Benefits for health and education
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2016
Wide variety of career fields with great benefits. Family oriented and very supportive of their needs.
Pros
30 days vacation a year!
Cons
possibility of time away from family

4.4