U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 30,101 reviews matching the search
Hard working
Specialist 4 - Skill Level 10 (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYMay 23, 2016
Through out my years in the military I have learned how to work well with others in the work field no matter how tough and demanding the environment. I have carried my career into the civilian life.
Pros
Management skills and team work
Cons
none to be told
Loved every minute of it.
Assignment Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYMay 23, 2016
The United States Army is the best thing that ever happened to me! I highly recommend it for anyone looking to build discipline and teamwork in their life.
Army
Senior Surgical Technologist/Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYMay 23, 2016
Enjoyed my time and service. However this job is not for everyone, choose wisely. I wish this wasn't 20 words so I could get past this review
Great place for development
Transportation/Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAMay 23, 2016
Being able to provide support to my brothers and sisters in arms is something that I really take very seriouly. Completing the mission is always the goal.
Great place to work.
Sol Solutions Contractor for DPW-Environmental (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COMay 23, 2016
All around a wonderful environment at Directorate of Public Works. It is hard being a contractor though. No job security and advancement is minimal.
Highly productive, interactive, and engaging work environment.
Personnel Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAMay 23, 2016
The military is one of the most hands-on and effective workplace.
I learned to pay attention to detail and to be committed to whatever I do at 100% of my ability. The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone becomes a part of a larger family that has one major goal at the forefront. The hardest part of the job is letting go.
Pros
Highly engaging and effective learning experience/training.
Cons
The difficulty in transition from military to civilian lifestyle.
High intensity at times. Challenged me and made me a better leader.
Facilities Manager / R&U (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 23, 2016
My work day would go anywhere from 10 to 18 hours. I learned quickly to adapt to any environment, analyze the situation, create a solution and implement the solution. I was at a Supervisor level for the last 15 of my 20 years of service. My co-workers were mostly young and eager to learn. I was able to quickly assess what my subordinates weaknesses were and begin to strengthen them. The time away from home was difficult for my family, especially the year long deployments. However, I found it strengthened our bond when I returned home. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be deployed and create unbreakable bonds with certain members of my team.
Best Job in the World
Master Driver, Ammunition NCOIC (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMay 23, 2016
This was the best job I have ever had. I will always be a Solder. The discipline, challenges, awards, and friendships. Learned multiple positions and trained in multiple environments. Visited several other countries.
Pros
Served my Country
Great satisfaction of being a better person, inside and out.
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCMay 23, 2016
Ive learned that being in the army made me be a better person, acquired discipline, attention to details, and respect for one another.
Tough work but worth it in the end
Assistant Pay Agent/Artillery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAMay 23, 2016
The Army helped equip me with extra skills and discipline that I had not previously had. Though the work was hard I believe it was worth it for all the experience I have gained.
Excellent proffessional growth opportunities
Captain (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYMay 23, 2016
The structure that the military provide makes any veteran a must hire. The impact on work ethics are hard to beat. Having served in the Army, I now have the discipline to work without supervision until job is complete.
Pros
Crisis Management
Cons
Combat
the military was quite the experiance , i traveled alot.
SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXMay 23, 2016
not much of the same stuff happenes everyday , basically you do as your told no matter what .not many of the guys in liked doing it or being there.
Very organized and exciting to work with people around the world
Combative Medic (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 23, 2016
It was very good. The platoon and Officers were easy to work with and there was never any confusion. People were great and the only hard part was the early wake up calls.
New people and knowledge
SIGINT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAMay 23, 2016
I love meeting new people and going to new places along with learning lots of new and exciting things that help to expand my knowledge. I also learned a lot of life experiences and ways to easily overcome difficulties.
Serving my country
Fuel Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAMay 23, 2016
What more needs to be said? I have served my country. You learn alot while in the army, i was deployed to a combat zone as well so i have definitely learned alot.
Pros
Life lessons/experience
Cons
Very little downtime
Personal Opinion.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSMay 23, 2016
The U.S. Army taught me a lot and gave me the chance to grow into the person I am today. Because of this organization, I no longer rely on others.
unforgetable life experience
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAMay 22, 2016
I learned a lot while I was in the military. A typical day in the service was be on time, do as told, and be in the right uniform. The one of the hardest parts was a lot of stress and impossible time to get the task done but I kept my faith high and tell myself lets make history!
Productive and hard working yet rewarding environment.
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTMay 22, 2016
The Army is in no means an easy job, however it does offer its soldiers some of the best benefits and work experience you can receive and give soldiers the opportunity to grow and expand in their field of work.
Pros
Educational benefits, retirement, life ensurance, banking help
Cons
Long hours, deployments, time away at schools
Great place to work. Ever changing environment.
Company Aviation Safety Officer/Pilot (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMay 22, 2016
This is a great company to work for and provides for your family. Provides free college and training. Hardest part is being away from home.
Career advancement and job security
FOOD INSPECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 21, 2016
I conduct daily routine inspections of Commissary Defense Agency, providing food defense and safety for Active Duty, their families and retirees.

4.4