U.S. Army
18,534 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

SUPPLY CHAIN
Battalion S4 Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GADecember 17, 2014
I was the Supply Manger for 13 other Supply Chain personel. It was a worth while experince
military
Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), U.S. ArmyDecember 17, 2014
Great times
learned a lot about the military
enjoyed the people
Demanding and rewarding
Distribution Company Commander (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: long time spent away from family or work/life balance
Something new every day. From Planning, resourcing and executing training to managing personnel and equipment readiness. Personnel management includes medical and dental readiness, evaluations and recognition of hard work through awards. Equipment readiness or fleet management of trucks, generators, fuel and water storage and handling equipment.

The – more... most rewarding part of the job is building and developing a team of highly capable people that can be relied on to accomplish any assigned mission.

The hardest part of the job is the extended periods of time (multiple weeks/months at a time) spent away from family, with little to no physical contact. – less
A Very Good Experience
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lewis WashingtonDecember 17, 2014
The Experience the military gave me, was an experience that i would not trade for the world. It was was a tough and long but the lessons i learned from the i can apply to any job that i get in the future
Military has open doors for me
Contract Specialist (Former Employee), PentagonDecember 17, 2014
Pros: building teams and work ethic
Cons: hours and deployment
I had great leadership in the military and have built a great work ethic because of it. Also shows us how to team build and take care of one another
Fun and brotherhood in the infantry.
supervisor (SGT.) (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: good break times and good healthcare.
Cons: very stressful \.
I was in charge of 4 to 8 personnel and train them in harsh environment. Gave orders and classes to my personnel and made sure that they where well train and read for deployment.
Great Training
Light Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXDecember 17, 2014
Great company to work for. Really good pay and bonuses. I had the opportunity to work with people that really care about there employees.
Great Leadership Experience
Senior Communications Advisor (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HawaiiDecember 17, 2014
Pros: standard military benefits
Cons: unpredictablity
My time spent in the US Army as a young, company-grade officer was fulfilling in several ways. The experience placed me in charge of the well-being and readiness of young men and women from across the globe, and from all walks of life. Teamwork was vital in identifying objectives and completing the mission. Leadership was stressed at every level, and – more... constant opportunities to develop and mature decision-making skills were present. Personal accountability for getting the job done and producing results was ever-present. In total, my time spent with the military was important and rewarding in both personal and professional ways. – less
Not for everyone.
Food Service Specialist/Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCDecember 17, 2014
Pros: enormous physical, mental, and financial benefits.
Cons: immeasurable amounts of personal sacrfice.
Being a soldier is about duty. In order to understand duty, you must understand humility as a citizen and as a pawn of the much bigger picture that is our United States military. I thoroughly enjoyed my service and my character is better for it. I had to deal with 70+ hour work weeks, 4 days off a month, disrespect and abusive leadership, rigorous physical – more... standards, competitive and selective advancement, and many other grueling, sometimes unfair challenges. However, through the strength of brotherhood, army value, and the tools equipped to me through training, these obstacles were met to the best of my ability day in and day out, and did not sullen my overall experience of this employer. – less
Fast paced workplace with many opportunities to grow
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), EverywhereDecember 17, 2014
Every day in the army was different. The position I held was very fulfilling and I enjoyed what I did.
Productive Days
Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXDecember 17, 2014
a typical work day consists of dealing with people of all ranks. Cross training soldiers. Come up with different training schedules, and finding ways to make it fun. Closer to the end of the day we would have meetings.
Not for the faint of heart
Combat Medic (Former Employee), Ft Hood TexasDecember 17, 2014
If you do not fit the Army mold then do not even bother trying to work for them.
Family oriented
Light Wheel Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Carson, CODecember 17, 2014
Was a very fun place to work, long as you made it that way. You got to know a lot of people from different backgrounds. Just make sure you use your time wisely.
Wonderful expierience
Human Resource Specialist (Admin Assistant) (Former Employee), Lakewood, WADecember 17, 2014
I matured while in the Army and I will always cherish the memories that I have. You get to meet all different kinds of people and get to travel to different parts of the country (and world). You have to work hard to get promoted, but it is worth it.
Be all that you can be
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Ft Carson, Co - Quarry Heights, PanamaDecember 17, 2014
Pros: honorable profession
Cons: doesn't come easy
An honorable profession, that although did not become my career, helped to mold the person I am.
Learned alot and it also made me a hard working man.
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GADecember 17, 2014
Everyday brought something new, I learned patience, managment skills, and also multi-task. The hardest part about being in the military was leaving your family. The most enjoyable part of the military is coming home to people who love you for your sacrifice.
I would recommend the military to anyone
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood,TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: everything is paid for. room, food, clothing
Cons: deployment
0600-Physical Training
0730-Released to go home, take a shower, eat breakfast
0900-Work day begins for whatever job you decide to do
1130-Lunch
1300-Return back to work
1700-Released

This is when you are not deployed
US Army Intelligance Collector
HUMINT INTELLIGENCE COLLECTOR, INTERROGATOR (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: deployment overseas to hazardous duty assignments
A typical day at work consisted of looking over documents, interviewing and screening people for various information requirements, and interacting daily with co-workers and local nationals.
Served my country honorably
Military Police Sergeant (Former Employee), Teaneck,NJDecember 16, 2014
i worked every holiday. I became mentally and physically fit. i gained respect and knowledge. i enjoyed my soldiers friendships and professional friendships with my international police forces
Great atmoshpere
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Fayetteville, N.C.December 16, 2014
Pros: job advancement, benefits, travel, structured, esprit de corp
Cons: long hours, pay not equivalent to the work
Fast pace structured atmosphere that requires discipline and motivation. Great opportunity for job advancement. Benefits are great, the pay can be better but is competitive. A lot of long hours but work is rewarding.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more