U.S. Army
20,172 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Great experience
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great health benefits, wonderful teacher aids in my classroom
Cons: long hours
I've enjoyed being a lead teacher for the past three years. I gained so much valuable experience working with people at all levels.
Infatryman
Infantryman (Former Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
its the army cant really say much. followed the chain of command and did what i was told to do. became a team leader. was in charge of 1-2 men and accountable for all of our equipment.
Awesome
Senior Human Resource/Security Manager (Current Employee), Washington DCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
To be a U.S. Army Soldier is to be part of the strongest fighting force in the world. You’ll spend your days training, working and serving together to protect America’s freedoms. You’ll also have time after work for family, friends and personal interests. From recruitment to retirement, the U.S. Army provides a unique lifestyle.

The most important thing you’ll learn as a Soldier is how to become a successful leader. You will be given many opportunities to improve your leadership and teamwork skills as you take on more responsibility and move up in rank. You’ll learn how to motivate and problem solve — to pursue goals with passion, to stand up to challenges, and lead and live with your strengths. You will learn to lead by example.
Productive work place, like a brotherhood
92f (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: brotherhood, working as a team, growing
Cons: long time away from home
Typical day of work requires fueling of aircraft, a lot of classes regarding safety at the work place. It's a very good place to learn and grow. The hardest part of the job would be having to stay away from home for long periods of time, but the most enjoyable part of the job would be the brotherhood within it.
career builder
Human resource specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 27, 2015
with this experience it set a life time of memories. I learned leadership and teamwork. This branch of the military is by far the best.
A mature and driven enviornment
Primary Task Leader tactical field artillery (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, set schedules and paid holidays/ weekends.
Cons: long work days, unknown formations times, stress, ranking structure
A typical day would include 0630 physical training going onto daily operations either on vehicle maintenance or military topics discussed. Monthly field training in hostile environments for days to weeks at a time. I have met some of my greatest influences and role models in the military.
work and pay
Automated Logistical Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: pay, communication, and oppurtunity
i dont feel as much as we work inn the job titles we are in we get paid enough as of compared to the cilivian that does the same job.
Army is a unique lifestyle
Light wheeled mechanic (Former Employee), NCFebruary 27, 2015
There's up's and downs's, but there is always work. From 06:30 - 18:30 vehicles need to get maintenance. In Afghanistan I was primarily security so the job was completely different. Around the clock schedules to hostile situations. My fellow soldiers and other leadership were amazing to work with. The hardest part of the job was being away so much from my family. I feel the most enjoyable was the experience in combat, and doing something for this country that no other person would do. The camaraderie with this field of work is truly inspiring.
Corrections Specialist for US Army
Corrections Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSFebruary 27, 2015
If you dont like working through the night or on holidays this feild is not for you. Working a state or local prison is a better all around.
Character Builder
Senior Logistics Manager/Supply Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: life builder
Cons: limited time
Great team and character builder, I would recommend to any one that is looking to enhance or broaden their perspective of life. You have the chance to work with a diversified group of individuals.
Military life in the Army
Collaborate Training Manager (Current Employee), CAINFebruary 26, 2015
By now most employers should have a good idea what servicemembers have gone through. Everyone is different and yet we are pretty much the same.
Challenging and fast pace
COMPANY OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: travel
• Served as organization senior assistant supervisor;
• provided preventive and consumer education to 300 personnel and their family members
• Coordinated support with local agencies to ensure personnel's families were taken care of during difficult times
• Supervised the maintenance and control of equipment worth over $5 million
• Managed the execution of company sustained operations
Demanding yet rewarding job
UAS Standardization Instructor Operator (Current Employee), Annville, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free/cheap healthcare, travel
Cons: long days
I have learned so much about myself, coworkers and other cultures in my 7 years in the military. I have done things I did not know I was capable of doing. I've been places I never thought I'd go! The only regret was I didn't do it sooner. Theres nothing I can say about a typical day. Everyday is a different day. That's why it's so great. I have been trained to adjust to any situation. There is so much structure and yet so much that needs structured. I have worked in the absence of leadership with the expectations of success. I will always be able to adapt to my in order to succeed!
US Army
Construction Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee), Various locations including overseasFebruary 26, 2015
I spent 20 years in the army between active duty and reserves. I learned the skills I needed to be a human being and the skills I needed to become productive in whatever I chose to do.
Unforgettable experience
Soldier (Former Employee), TXFebruary 26, 2015
Although i was injured i gained alot. I learned to work as a team and have faith in yourself and others. Hardest part was getting up in the morning and tackling everything.
Very educational experience
Battalion Electronic Warfare Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: open communication
Cons: deployments and time spent away from my family
I would not trade my time in the Army for anything. The diverse areas of business I was exposed to has changed the way I perceive mission accomplishment.
Review
Combat Engineer Team Leader (Former Employee), Knoxville TnFebruary 26, 2015
Looked for IEDS, managed a team of 4 men. The most enjoyable part of the job was the travel. Overall good experience. The hardest part of the job was it was never structured.
Very professional
BRIGADE FORCE PROTECTION OFFICER (Former Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Serve as Force Protection Officer and manage the command's force protection and security programs. Provide executive level oversight, short and long-range planning for future missions and the real-time execution of current missions.
* Manage intelligence operations and assigned projects, monitor progress and evaluate performance. Develop strategies to leverage allied nation intelligence capabilities and coordinate the incorporation of their intelligence support into plans.
* Took the initiative and single handedly planned, coordinated and executed the force protection plan for Joint-Logistics-Over-the Shore operations, 2014.
* Reestablished the brigade's emergency management program in an effort to better prepare the brigade for an emergency. Passionately prepared subordinate units for the XVIII Corps Operational Readiness Assessment and as a result, visited every arms room numerous times until they met the standard
The military is good
Administrative Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2015
If you work hard and perform, you will get promoted rather quickly. It's not for everybody. Must be willing to compromise and take orders. It's all about the hierarchy.
Army
Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Bliss TxFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day comprised of waking up for pt than going to formation and working in the motorpool. Also have done numerous number of classes dealing from EEO to SHARP

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more