U.S. Army
23,514 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

NA
Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 29, 2015
N/A, I would prefer to not say anything regarding this employment. Everyone knows how the military works and their opinions is their own.
Great job, balance between home and work was terrible
Team Leader (Former Employee), KoreaJuly 29, 2015
The life as a military police officer was a great one. Working with subject matter experts provided a great learning experience. Proving yourself capable of trust and responsibility yielded the opportunity to show that to your superiors and move up the ranks. The time I spent at work was extensive, leaving little time for my personal life.
Working together as one team.
Firefighter (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 29, 2015
I love working as a team. I have a greater feel of accomplishment when everybody helps each other to get the mission done.
GREAT JOB
Paralegal (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 29, 2015
THE MILITARY WILL TAKE CARE OF ITS SOLDIERS AS LONG AS THEY DO THEIR JOB IN THE MILITARY. I WAS IN FOR 3 YEARS AND WISH I WOULD HAVE STAYED IN.
Good Career
Supervisor (Current Employee), VariousJuly 29, 2015
Rewarding job of travel, personal development, professional development and a sense of pride because you are serving your country and getting paid to do so. I would do it again if I had to.
Great Organization
Dental Specialist/Preventive Dentistry Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TexasJuly 29, 2015
Great opportunity to learn leadership qualities from great leaders before me. Great benefits and possibility for travel. Great co-workers.
Great opportunity for those who are unsure where they would like to start a career
All Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 29, 2015
I served in the military an alike many jobs you will have those days that you just dont want to go to work but the military has so much to offer you so the pros outweigh the cons and you will be introduced to many different cultural backgrounds to which you can grasp a further knowledge on the ways others live an conduct a daily routine.
Soldier
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSJuly 29, 2015
A typical day when not deployed is to go to physical training in the morning for an hour. Start the day at 9 am for work, then end the day around 4:30. No time frames are set in stone. Could start work at 5 am and end at 10pm. Just depends on the day.
Great place to learn multiple skills for life, push your limits and learn resiliancy.
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic- Diesel (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Life skills, Reputation, and Contacts of all kinds. Great Benefits.
Cons: Demanding Promotion Competition, Hazardous Duties.
I personally like the military environment because it helped me to see what I could do past what I could see myself. Learning a new valuable job trade really just helped me to further my own personal – more... value in life. It's something I use in my life every day, even if I don't know that I am. The Army imprints discipline into your heart, and mind. Now that I have the tools of success to work where ever I may, there is not any place of buisness that has too many people working for them to not accept a highly motivated, driven, and successful person as myself. – less
Interesting job
Security Manager (Former Employee), Ft. Stewart, GAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: great crew
Cons: always new info
great job; met many wonderful people; learned new things; became proficient in security; laid back; management was cool; soldiers were great
Diciplined workplace with plenty of opotunities for advancement
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. Hood, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch break
Cons: Limited family time
I learned to be flexible because of the constantly changing environment. Enjoyed the discipline but wanted more family time. Lots of leadership opportunities and experience.
Kick start your professional career
Logistics Management Positions (Former Employee), Germany, Afghanistan, MississippiJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits, salary, job security, professional development
Cons: consumes your whole life
Very demanding job with huge responsibilities on day 1, but very developing as a result. My six years as an officer was a nonstop adventure.
Typical logistical day in the Army
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Lakehurst, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Free Health Care
Cons: Shooting and being shot at
Most days usually involve ensuring the personnel that worked for me did not have any issues that they needed assistance with (such as home problems). Managing the maintenance of equipment from other units, – more... contracts in other locations that we were responsible for maintaining, reviewing and correcting reports in preparation for weekly senior meetings and conference calls (about every other day). The hardest part were managing the Soldier issues with duty requirements (keeping them out of trouble). The most enjoyable was watching the Soldiers enjoy what they were trained to do. – less
Could have done better job managing soldiers and activities
Infantry (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 29, 2015
Changes that were happening were not up to the standard I was used to when first enlisting. Reason for leaving is wanted to go to school for engineering as a civilian and my contract was finished.
Recruiting is not for everyone
Recruiting Station Commander (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 29, 2015
Recruiting in Boulder is an experience you will remember for the rest of your life. I wouldn't really say that people like you being there very much.
Good work environment with a good team to get a days task done
Military Police Investigator /Desk Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Lee VA/ KoreaJuly 29, 2015
Investigate daily cases that come across my desk, from shop lifting to brake in. Patrol housing areas making sure the public is in an overall pleasant community. Escort money trucks, high ranking officers. Inventory evidence room and found property
Awesome experience
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Detrick, MDJuly 29, 2015
The time in service as an IT Communications specialist was exceptional. I served in some very high level environments and it created the platform for my amazing career launch. You get what you put into it.
Rewarding opportunity
Information Operations Planner (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Comaradeship
Cons: Overly bureacratic
Excellent opportunity however is constrained by poor resource and HRC management.

Overly bureacratic

Extraordinary work colleagues

manages resources and contracts for services poorly
Good workplace to start out adult life.
Information Management Officer (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 29, 2015
Its about growing as an individual but being an asset to the whole team. Working in the US Army as an Information Technology Specialist is challenging and I love that. I like thinking on my feet and solving sudden issues with grace.
U.S. Army/ Abrams crewmen
SGT/E-5 (Former Employee), El Paso, Tx (last duty station)July 29, 2015
Pros: awards for performance, opportunity for advancement.
Cons: little personal time.
A professional work environment. Consistent training in a classroom environment and hands on training. Physical activity is encourage daily with sports and exercise. Constant inspection and maintained of vehicle, equipment and personal items.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries