U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 40,760 reviews matching the search
Work Place Culture
Satellite Communications Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 24, 2017
I worked in a company that was pretty lax. For the most part command team were understanding when family problems and other obligations arose. It was a great experience when I didn't know the next step in my life would and should be.
Enjoyed my 8 years enlisted in the Army.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 24, 2017
Joined in the National Guard as a 63B(Light Wheeled Vehicle Mach.), but wanted more. Enlisted full time Army, changed MOS to 11B(Infantry) and 3 weeks of Airborne School.
Great opportunities
Battalion Operations Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJuly 24, 2017
Able to re-locate many times, possible to move to foreign countries, see amazing things. Advancement depends on job or Military Occupation chosen, Education, motivation to work, and determination. Deployments may be non-stop/back to back and is difficult for families,
I love my country
OSHA 10/30 hour authorized trainer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Leonard Wood, MOJuly 24, 2017
It was an honor to serve my country for over 20 years honorably. The experiences and training gained have made me more diverse in today's fast and always changing world.
Pros
free travel
Cons
deployments
I was honored to serve my country
Chaplain Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, Germany, Afghanistan and ArizonaJuly 23, 2017
I worked side by side with my brothers and sisters in arms throughout my time in service including my deployment to Afghanistan and I couldn't have been prouder.
its a fun job
Light/Heavy Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 23, 2017
its a fun job but some places you may get sent to may kill the overall vision of army and that tends to kill what could be a long career for new and existing soldiers
Pros
comraderie, meeting people from all walks of life, travel to other countries
Cons
different places, have different work loads and leadership sometimes a mix of both can ruina persons view of the army
Best Army Division
Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYJuly 23, 2017
Long and Proud history of 101st Airborne Screaming Eagles
Proud of all I learned and whom I served with.
Air Assault School is one of the best specialty schools you can enter
Productive and fun work place with lots of great leadership.
88M Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJuly 23, 2017
The Army provides great pay and benefits , but of course it gets very hard when being away from family. It's is a very big stepping stool for life and extremely good for learning lots of new skills to prepare you for a new and better career. Although it can be one of the most stressful jobs in the country, if you are mentally tough or willing to get tough, you can survive it.
great workplace, and benefits
E4(Specialist)Heavy Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJuly 23, 2017
highly recommend this job to anyone, if you wanna learn a new trade or meet new people, or even travel then this is a great rewarding career path to take
military policeman
corrections (Former Employee) –  Cuba, MOJuly 23, 2017
learned how to be a good military policeman and skills got to learn to write reports the best part was traveling and going to the range on a hot day to qualify
Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  EvreywhereJuly 23, 2017
Long hours lots of time away from home, but travel and time off compensate. Good training, but you have to fight to get it sometimes. Crapshoot on wether you get a good or bad leader.
Great organization, poor leadership
Human Intelligence Collector (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 23, 2017
The military is a great organization. It allowed me to grow up. It taught me to figure things out for myself and to take my career into my own hands and not to depend on anybody else to help get you where you need to go. The military has a problem with toxic leadership. If the soldier's supervisor is not wanting to fight for the soldier to be treated well then no matter what that soldier does they will get treated poorly. The life of the soldier is completely in the hands of their supervisors, and the lack of control over their lives makes the morale of the junior enlisted soldiers rather low.
Pros
Benefits package is second to none
Cons
Toxic leadership
For the right person
Material and Storage Handling Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 23, 2017
The military isn't for everyone. You have to be dedicated and disciplined. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement, but you have to be willing to do the work.
Excellent
Personnel Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 23, 2017
During my time serving for the United States Army was the most rewarding career I could have ever asked for. I worked as an Administrative Assistant to the Post Command Sergeant Major and it was the best job ever.
Pros
Great environment to work in
Us army
Staff Sergeant (E-6) (Former Employee) –  numerousJuly 23, 2017
it taught me a lot of myself and how to deal with others. How to think outside the box and how to think on my feet. I got to see more of this country and of the world then most people ever will.
Pros
It turned me into the man I am today
Cons
Had to give my life to it
It's the U.S. Army
Infantryman (11B) (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 23, 2017
The greatest job on earth. I joined in a time of war, so it was never intended to be an easy job. I would have made a career out of it if injuries had not taken their toll.
Pros
Culture, Travel, Benefits
Cons
Dangerous
Good opportunities and benefits
Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 23, 2017
The US Army was the best option for me at the time that I joined. The job was challenging at times and provided me great opportunity for travel and a better understanding of the diversity between cultures and the differences in people overall. For me, the most difficult part of being a U.S. Army Soldier was feeling as though I was not always able to apply my skills and intelligence to the fullest. It was difficult feeling as though I was not being taken seriously based on my rank. I am very serious about my work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to travel to South Korea. The culture is very interesting and the country is beautiful. I enjoy interacting with people of diverse backgrounds and I was able to do that daily in SK. To summarize, the Army provided me with great opportunities and benefits and now it is time for me to take what I have learned and apply it in the world and in the workplace.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, tuition benefits (Post 9/11 G.I. Bill)
Cons
Undetermined/random hours, disorganization
Great if you can manage
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 23, 2017
The army is awesome if you can handle all of the bs and waiting time that comes with it. You may do things that make absolutely no sense but you have to do it anyway.
Awesome place to have fulfilled my career in Human Resources
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 23, 2017
Working for the Government for 30 years was very rewarding. I no regret, got an awesome retirement, worked for and with awesome individuals. I could not have been any luckier than to have made this my career.
great place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 23, 2017
This place is not the for the weak minded must be in good physical shape and work hard everyday to be prepare for combat when you are needed. I would do it all over again if need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4