U.S. Army
15,477 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

A great place to volunteer
Senior Spouse Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 24, 2014
As a wife of a soldier volunteering my time with many different U.S.Army organizations was a great service of my time!
working and maintaning
Helicopter repair (Former Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 24, 2014
Pros: fast paace
Cons: leaving family for years on end.
Loved everything about the army. i learned a lot about myself and learned to work close with people. loved the fast pace job of getting the helicopters ready to fly and sending them off.
Awesome Job
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great unity and friends for life
Cons: no real family life
There isn't a typical day in the U.S. Army. I loved what I did and I do miss the unity that is incomparable. With seven deployments under my belt I can say that this is either a great place to start or, if committed, stick out your 25 years.
truly honorable position
Chemical Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2014
constantly changing
great coworkers
constantly learning new challenges
great leadership
was a good challenge
Signal Support Systems Supervisor (Former Employee), various locationsJuly 24, 2014
proud to complete 20 years of service. Was challenging but satisfied with end result.
It's a career not just a job
Medical Recruiting Center Commander (Former Employee), Londonderry, NHJuly 24, 2014
Was in the U.S. Army for over 21+ years. Last five years as an Army Health Care Recruiter. Was responsible for recruiting all medical professionals for the Army. My area of operations was the whole state of NH. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, the U.S. Army will give you that career.
Great organization composed of many different leaders; unlimited knowledge availailbe to grow as a leader.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort CampbellJuly 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, leadership development and opportunities, service
Cons: not always a family friendly; may have to sacrifice some time away from family
Days can drastically vary depending on what type of organization you are in and their goals and training plans. Each unit will have its own mission and things they strive for; making it a learning organization no matter where you go.

One of the best organizations to learn about leadership; understanding principles of management and how to lead and – more... motivate employees.

Most diffcult part of the job is sacrificing time away from family on training, long days, or deployments. Leaders do their best to compensate employees and allow more time with families, but its still hard to find a health balance as a leader in this organization.

Most enjoyable part of the job is serving your country and making a difference as a leader by helping other employees see their potential to grow and progress as young leaders in the organization. – less
You'll never get bored
Sergeant (Former Employee), Third Infantry DivisionJuly 24, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: being away from family
A typical day at work would be physical training at 6:30am - 7:30am, barracks inspection, breakfast, work from 9am - 5pm (typically). Work consisted of either vehicle maintenance, deployment (patrols every day) or field training exercises. Management was very good at communication, although I have been under some pretty poor management when it came – more... to power and abuse. My co-workers were like brothers to me; they always had my back. Most enjoyable part of the job was the accomplishment of our demanding tasks. – less
Invaluable opportunity to grow professionally
Office Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 24, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: work hours
The Army is a very structure driven environment that requires a highly adaptable personality. The Army presents a daily opportunity to practice discipline and overcome challenges. Invaluable relationships and experiences are cultivated. The Army will challenge your mind and body.
Power Generator Mechanic
Corporal / Power Generation Equipment Repairer (Former Employee), Germany; Fort Lee, VAJuly 24, 2014
• Provided force protection for US forces working in remote areas using Advanced Security Technology utilizing cameras, radars, UAV’s, turrets, FLIRs, and RAID. Experience with 3VDC-30VDC systems, 110VAC-416VAC power, Single and three phase systems, Advanced Security Technology utilizing cameras, radars, UAV’s, turrets, FLIRs, and RAID.
• Responsible – more... for ensuring all trouble tickets were resolved and documented for traceability. Documented parts and sparing in RAIDCLS to ensure parts were ordered and spares are on-site and completed/pending maintenance were visible to all key stakeholders involved in the sustainment process.
• Installed, de-installed, maintained, and operated the BETSS-C, RAID Tower, and Aerostat sensors.
• Provided remote communication utilizing Single Mode Fiber Optics cable, RF links, PSDS2 communication equipment and established WAN/LAN networks.
• Installed Stand Alone Ground Station (SGS) and Remote Ground Stations (RGS) to provide remote communication and control capabilities via Fiber, Ethernet or Radio link to BETSS-C /RAID elevated sensors.
• Performed complex technical functions such as set-up, maintenance, IP commissioning, calibration, and troubleshooting of analog, digital, IP, video, and logic circuits on pneumatic controlled mast assemblies, optical infrared sensors, and gimbal mounted gyro-compass assemblies.
• Systems utilized during deployment included: BETSS-C and RAID Tower, Aerostat, RDISS, FPS, Mobile Eagle Eye, and Cerberus surveillance systems
• Operational Knowledge of Xerox and fax machines
• Proficient on Microsoft software to input/prepare and edit correspondence and reports.
• Proficient on outlook software to check and receive e-mails as need to complete projects.

ENGINEERING
• Read blue prints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions for assembling electronics units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components.
• Tested electronics units, using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determined need for adjustment.
• Supervised preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems.
• Assembled, tested, and maintained circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and has knowledge of electronics, using hand and power tools.
• Adjusted and replaced effective or improperly functioning circuitry and electronics components, using hand tools and soldering iron.
• Wrote reports and recorded data on testing techniques, laboratory equipment, and specifications to assist engineers.
• Identified and resolved equipment malfunctions, worked with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts.
• Maintained system logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment.
• Provided user applications and engineering support and recommendations for new and existing equipment with regard to installation, upgrades and enhancement.
• Provided customer support and education, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems and to provide information on product use.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
• Constructed, tested, maintained, and repaired substation relay and control systems.
• Inspected and tested equipment and circuits to identify malfunctions or defects, using wiring diagrams and testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or ammeters.
• Consulted manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams, and engineering personnel in order to trouble shoot and solved equipment problems and to determine optimum equipment functioning.
• Notified facility personnel of equipment shut downs.
• Opened and closed switches to isolated effective relays; then performed adjustments or repairs.
• Prepared and maintained records detailing tests, repairs, and maintenance.
• Analyzed tested data in order to diagnose malfunctions, to determine performance characteristics of systems, and to evaluate effects of system modifications.
• Tested insulators and bushings of equipment by inducing voltage across insulation, testing current and calculating insulation loss.
• Repaired, replaced, and cleaned equipment and components such as circuit breakers and brushes.
• Disconnected voltage regulators, bolts, and screws, and connect replacement regulators to high‐voltage lines.
POWER PLANT TECHNICIAN
• Monitored and inspected power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
• Adjusted controls to generate specified electrical power, or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
• Operated or controlled power-generating equipment, including boilers, turbines, generators, and reactors, by using control boards or semi‐automatic equipment.
• Regulated equipment operations and conditions such as water levels, based on data from recording and indicating instruments from computers.
• Took readings from charts, meters and gauges at established intervals, and take corrective steps as necessary.
• Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, and other power plant equipment, and connect or disconnect equipment from circuits.
• Inspected records and log book entries, and communicated with other plant personnel, in order to assess equipment-operating status. – less
Good experience
Satellite Systems Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 24, 2014
Pros: experience, training
Cons: deployments
Expect long days and odd hours at times and time in the field. Great place to gain experience and grow as an individual. Can provide you with skills to be used in the civilian work force. Great place to go if you are undecided on what you want to do.
great job, love the travel
NCOIC of Administration and Rations (Former Employee), Iraq, Germany, Ft Polk, Ft HoodJuly 24, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: losing peers
great experience, being placed in a leadership position helped me to grow as an individual. Made me a reliable, dependable person any job placed before me was done excellent reviews
productive fast paced work
Supervisor / Department Manager (Former Employee), fort campbell kyJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free meals! healthcare is (obviously) second to none - a sick, frail fighting force won't be very effective. great camaraderie, esprit de corps, mission-specific training.Cons: work/life balance. near impossible to properly raise a family.
All of the stereotypes are pretty much true. Except for the screaming drill sergeants; they don't exist after – more... training. Granted, if you're useless, you'll be screamed at, but I think we can all agree that useless people sometimes deserve screams. – less
Demanding work enviroment with dependable personnel
Instructor/Writer (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits, vacation time, security
Cons: quaility time with family
Early beginning to long work days. Laidback working enviroment for the most part. Work increases in volume during certain peaks of the day. Co-Workers are friendly and dependable usually.
Army Life
Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJuly 24, 2014
If you've ever served time in the military, you know that it's challenging, but fun. I woke up every morning at 04:30 and was ready for physical fitness training by 06:00 each morning. Following our training, we would report at 09:00 to receive our work assignments for the day, and at 5 pm, we would report for accountability and dismissal.
Very stressful at times but overall very rewarding
Calvary Scout (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 24, 2014
If you work hard and do what you are told, there is potential for advancement and recognition.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sumter, South CarolinaJuly 23, 2014
I have been in the United States Army for ten years, and I have loved every bit of it. The Army has helped transform me into the individual that I am today.
Chances given when you have zero experience
Intelligence Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, opporunity, family oriented, time off
Cons: constant moving
Typical day at work while not deployed was relatively easy and close to stress free. You are able to go home everyday to your family or friends. I learned a lot of experience about being an Intelligence Analyst and would likely not have been given this opportunity, without a degree, and enjoyed every moment. My most enjoyable part of the this job was – more... being deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan and feel like I was actually being an Analyst and having an impact on protecting the United States. – less
Great Entry Level Opportunities!
Assistant Support Operations Officer (Current Employee), USAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: health insurance, benefits
Cons: pay, being the army
Great for young people to try out! Start with a short commitment and if you like it, keep on doing it. If not, stay out of trouble and get out. It will only open doors!
Life learning experience
Airborne Infantryman (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJuly 23, 2014
During my 5 years in the Army I learned a lot about myself and my abilities. I learned how to work with a team, follow directions from supervisors and also to work alone using initiative and common sense. The hardest part was years away from home. The most enjoyable would be the strong friendships and life lessons.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more