U.S. Army

26.7K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 25,309 reviews matching the search
A Soldier 24/7
Signals Intelligence Analyst and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDFebruary 4, 2016
When you are an active duty Soldier, you're on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week; even when you not deployed. It make for long days and sometimes, long weekends. Physical training is usually in the early morning hours. Work call varies from unit to unit and from job to job, but most of the time work/duty begins between 0800 and 0900. The work day doesn't always end at 1700 (5 p.m.). Most of the time there is paperwork to complete, Soldiers to tend to and mentor, and sometimes there is extra training that goes until 1900 (7 p.m.). It was made me realize the importance of planning ahead and to always be flexible.
i liked it was a life changing experience that was well worth the time while being spent here in the army
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lee, VAFebruary 4, 2016
like I said earlier I really liked working for the army it was a life changing experience and was worth the time to use in my career to farther my self
Team Building Organization
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Put the welfare of the Nation, the Army and your subordinates before your own. Selfless service is larger than just one person. In serving your country, you are doing your duty loyally without thought of recognition or gain. The basic building block of selfless service is the commitment of each team member to go a little further, endure a little longer, and look a little closer to see how he or she can add to the effort.
Not for everyone, but if you can handle certain things its great!
Training Project Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOFebruary 4, 2016
The military life is tough, no excuses being made here; whether you are office or enlisted, the days are long, the pace can be grueling, and depending on your level of leadership you can expect to be woken up in the middle of the night to deal with issues. This is to say nothing of possible deployments. Physical requirements are somewhat high and regularly tested, and the military does have a tendency to produce injuries or strains over the course of a career.

Those are most of the negative aspects. On the positive side, the military is service to your country, and you learn quite a bit about the way your country is run. You interact with people from all over the US and World, learn many different skills you would rarely see as a civilian, and there is a great benefits package for every single member. As with corporate jobs leadership has their tasks and requirements, but at the end of the day taking care of soldiers (directly or indirectly) is usually priority one.

The military changes you, and with the possible exception of becoming jaded (which can happen anywhere), I would argue that all of the changes make you a better, more capable person.
Pros
Experience, benefits, self-growth
Cons
a Lifestyle not a career; possible injuries
A Great Expierience
Specialist (E-4) (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I loved my time in the Army. Working on tanks and shooting them was always fun to do. Doing maintenance and making sure they work was always tedious but I got the job done with help from other soldiers. There were some great leaders above, while some weren't that good. but I learned from that and continued on.
Great Starting Place
Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2016
For me, the US Army was a starting place for me and my family to get up on our feet. It has given me numerous opportunities. It has given me much medical experience as well as leadership experience.
Best job in the world!
Flight Platoon Sergeant / Production Control NCOIC (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 4, 2016
This company provided me guidance and knowledge to make it through life. It provided for my family and gave us strength to be able to make it through anything. Everyday was different, challenging and almost always provided Job Satisfaction!
Pros
Life and character building company!
Cons
Time away from family.
Life is what you make it
Master Sergeant (Former Employee) –  GlobalFebruary 4, 2016
The typical work day can be very slow, or very fast-paced. The job keeps you on your toes and thinking forward. I learned the following skills, in no specific order: time management, communicating with different personalities, problem solving, stress management, project management (mission planning), direct and indirect supervising, training individuals and groups, and leadership skills.
Great work enviornment
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Wahiawā, HIFebruary 4, 2016
Day to day operations were pretty good. Constant training and learning to be done. Always hands on environment and never a dull moment.
honored
Armament repairer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 3, 2016
What other job on this planet can you get paid to hang out with your friends and play with guns all day. I learned so much and got to experience things no one else ever has.
Logistics
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 3, 2016
I have worked in the Motorpool and Warehouse of Logistics in the Army. I have encountered aspects of it and is still fresh in my mind. I have dealt with different computer systems from ULLS-G to SAMS-1E. I have also cross trained in working in computer from using a VSAT or Virtual Small Antenna Terminal to give my company the Ethernet they need to go on with the mission.
Its great serving your country
Solider (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 3, 2016
Being in the Army exceed all my expectations and more. I got to experience on a daily bases that people do not usually see. The training over prepares you for tough situations.
Pros
I get to travel
Cons
Not being with family on some special occassions
Great Oppurtunity and Experience
Advanced Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Serving in the U.S Military has been a great oppurtunity and an excellent way to serve my country. After 11 years of serving proudly, if offered the opportunity I'd do it again.
Pros
Soldier For Life
Cons
Productive and high pace workforce
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLFebruary 3, 2016
A typical army day is filled with a high pace productive schedule. Designed to maximize you maximum potential, Some of the best co-workers in the world
US Military... No place quite like it
Multi-Media Illustrator / Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYFebruary 3, 2016
My family/friends since the day I enlisted. If you don't know what to do with yourself, never rule this out. They say that it isn't for everyone but I guarantee that anyone could make it work.
Military
Front line supervisor for 3 (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 3, 2016
This is one of the most fulfilling opportunities you will ever have. The Army is a tough and rough job but nothing is a better feeling than serving your country.
Rewarding and enjoyable
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 3, 2016
very fast pace job and a very dangerous job at that but a great work environment and making a lot of new friends. protecting and serving my country is something ive always wanted to do
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Military deployments
U.S. Army Great Employment
Food Service Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYFebruary 3, 2016
This job equips everyone with what they need to succeed.
It is demanding but very rewarding.
You spend a lot of time with co workers and build bonds that are incomparable.
Pros
Travel, pay, benefits
Cons
Leaving your families for extended amounts of time.
Tired of writing
Senior Observer Controller/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 3, 2016
It seems that the jobs are not lining up with what Im putting in them. I will just say that I will try and fix this later. Well now its saying I have to write more in here.
Pros
Same
Cons
Same
Adventure
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Taught courage and integrity. Deployed once so far to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. I enjoy being a Police Officer in the Army. The training is phenomenal.

4.5