U.S. Army
20,227 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

U.S. Army Officer
Logistics Project Manager - U.S. Army Captain (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMarch 3, 2015
Great experience in managing human and material resources. I had so much responsibility for my age and rank. Great exposure to large scale logistical projects.
"Best Job I ever had"
Awards (Former Employee), WashingtonMarch 3, 2015
Great place to start. The military will prepare you for life and make you a better person in the process. I credit all my success in life to the US Military.
US Army
Forward Support Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 2, 2015
It is what it is. The Army is what you think it will be. Get up do PT, go to work, and go home. You have to listen to others that you may not agree with, but it is part of the job.
Productive and great organization
WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free health care, leaderhip development, military uniform
Cons: 12 month deployments take time from family
Learned and furthered military leadership skills. Delegate and manage troops work load. Inspected and repaired any mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problem. Create a work annual service schedule, and work on unscheduled services for over 100 military vehicles.
Great life experience
Infanty (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of waking up and doing PT, and then we would break down into our squads and complete squad based training and run drills that we would later use in platoon training.
Productive and fun work place
Carpentry and Masonry Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: deployments time away from moments that are priceless
First this is the most enjoyable job because we all know that we are serving our nation and sometimes that's the hardest part of the job. We as soldiers do not want to let down our nation in any way. Team work is a major factor in accomplishing this and co-workers are all trained and on the same page. Management are on point and set clear rules and provide purpose, motivation, and direction to all. I learned that you have to stay true to yourself to accomplish and achieve things you never knew you could. Our typical day at work consists of us training and leading all soldiers to provide a secure and ready force.
Productive and fast-paced maintenance and warehouse work
Administrative Duties (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: medical and dental insurance
Cons: no breaks
Typical day was set up like an assembly line in the motorpool, which is the warehouse for the Army. We would do day-to-day operations on generators and light-wheel vehicles
The Army is what you make of it
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), USAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: benefits, compensation, paid travel, excellent training, honorable
Cons: overtime is common, salary pay, 24hr on call
The Army has a lot of room for advancement and training. The benefits are excellent and once you make specialist E-4 the pay starts to get better. The military is a 24hr job where there is plenty of ways to get into trouble. As long as you do your job, and do the right thing you will have a fulfilling army career.
If you want to serve your country...go for it!!
Computer Analyst/Supply- Arms Room (Former Employee), Ft Bragg, NCMarch 2, 2015
I believe the Military if great if you are young and don't have young kids. It is demanding but could be rewarding too! If you want to travel and make something of yourself...tis is the way to go!
Great job to work for with exciting opportunities for advancement and training
Deputy Operations Officer (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 2, 2015
Pros: excellent training and an ever changing work place
Manage communications for the 21st Sig Bde which is reponsible for communications from the President of the United States, Joint Chief of Staff and many agencies within the Dept of Defense.
Very job specific (given the field of work chosen) Thorough and frequent training, monthly ratings/counseling and constant change of environment.
Aircraft Powertrain Repairer (Former Employee), US, Germany, S. KoreaMarch 2, 2015
Pros: health care, educational benefits, travel, discounts, incentives, learn and develop trade skills and promotion opportunities are abundant
Cons: constant relocation
A day for me consisted of PT (Physical training) of course. Afterwards was work. As an Aircraft Powertrain Repairer I was responsible for maintaining the drive system and landing gear on all airframes utilized by the US ARMY. I was to be familiar with calibrated, special and locally made tools NDT (Non Destructive Testing) equipment and methods. As a team leader, I was responsible for the accountability of my subordinates their equipment , proper wear of the uniform and physical fitness. Leadership throughout all echelons of command is always readily available and approachable able to accommodate the basic needs of a fellow soldier. The cohesion amongst myself and my co-workers was insurmountable. The most difficult part of the job was constantly relocating but that was it. What made it easy or most enjoyable was the support one receives from his/her counterparts. From this experience I learned different leadership styles and skills, team building skills and and how to build cohesion amongst others.
Working for the U.S. Army
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAMarch 2, 2015
I have enjoyed my six years working in the U.S. Army. Despite there may be long days, I have always felt that the effort and time put into work was well worth it.
Great job with great benefits
Aircraft Structural Repairer (Current Employee), ft Hood TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great benefits, frequent promotion opportunities
Cons: frequent moves, long hours
Great Career with great benefits and promotion opportunities. I typically worked 12 hour days and had many different responsibilities ranging from aircraft maintenance to management of personel. The most enjoyable part of the job is the paid training i recieve on a regular basis.
challenging and the people I met were awesome
Transportation Manager (Current Employee), Fort Hood,TexasMarch 2, 2015
After 26 Years of working with the Army, I found the work challenging, yet rewarding. I recommend the military services to anyone looking to build valuable skills while serving their country.
I loved the experience. Would go back if I could. I miss the lifestyle and everything that came along with it. Training and the people I met were awesome
Good organization.
Public Affairs Officer (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 2, 2015
The Army is a satisfying yet demanding job, depending on what you do I would recommend it to anyone looking to give back to their country.
best choice for someone needing change in there lives
Squad Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 2, 2015
overall the best possible thing for someone looking for some positive change in their life. advancement is 100% on you, great pay and benefits. nothing bad to say about the Army. If you are young and need some change the military is for you
Dedication to service
SQUAD LEADER (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAMarch 2, 2015
Military service is not for everyone. It takes dedication and commitment to be successful. It will provide you with many opportunities.
US Army
19K/92A, Combat Lifesaver (Former Employee), EverywhereMarch 2, 2015
The US Army is a great job to have if you do not intend on going to college right after high school. It can instill all types of great qualities.
Its Uncle Sam
Petoleum Supply Specialists (Current Employee), Ft. LewisMarch 2, 2015
Pros: benefits and team atmosphere
Most days can be fairly long but with the team atmosphere the job gets done on time everytime. Leadership is hard on you to a certain extent but thats because of the nature of the job and the readiness each individual has to have. The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that you have alot to do and everyone is on the same page to get the mission done.
Hard work, but rewarding
Maintenance Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: steady job.
Cons: long days
A job not everyone would enjoy, but very rewarding job. Work with all types of people and back grounds. Opportunity to make an impact on other people's life. Proud to serve my country.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more