U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,110 reviews matching the search
Great people and physical environment for success
Was Chief (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 21, 2016
Typical day of work was to fix problems. I worked and learned both on the job and from people who have worked in similar sistuations. Management was great, worked for personnel with clear definition and drive to accomplish tasks at hand. No hard part to the job, I received all the support and tools I needed to survive in a up beat manner. My most enjoyable part of job was to have the freedom to succeed.
Pros
Great working environment.
Cons
None that I remember.
Productive and effecient place to work
Radiology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJune 24, 2016
Best state of the art equipment to work with and learned from. Most hardworking co-workers who are willing and always available to help.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the patient load maintaining the least wait time as much as possible. Management was always there to provide the much needed management and flow of patients in and out.
Most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things and getting to see different patients each day.
Pros
free coffee
Feeling of Self worth, Motivational, Educational Benefits
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2016
The U.S. army is very structured. A typical day in the U.S. Army includes rigorous physical training, weapons training, testing your basic mental capacity. I enjoy every single day. I love all of my Co-workers or as we call them "battle-buddies". The hardest part of the job is being away from friends and family.The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I get the chance to prove what kind of person i am every single day.
Pros
Medical, Educational, and personal benefits
Cons
N/A
learn alot great experience
Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 20, 2016
I have a lot of fun and make life long friends. MY experience was great and I got to travel.A usual day of work consists of us learning different subject areas on how to update soldiers in to different systems and keeping tracks on all of the soldiers. I learn everyday that i work with others there is going to be tension and you have be able to get along with everyone on your work force. The hardest part of the job is being in one spot all of the day because i am a active person.The most thing i enjoy about the job that i have is that it comes with benefits.
Good place to work with people all around the world
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 12, 2016
• Trained and tested personnel in demolition calculations and placement, with a 100% success rate everyone was trained and proficient in demolition.
• Accountable of a team of co-workers for the maintenance of the light and heavy engineer vehicles. Ensured that all vehicles were fully operational at all times.
• Lead communication specialist for organization for 3 years with no failures or broken equipment.
Pros
Fast promotion
Cons
Little family time
Not for everyone
Advance Individual Training for UH-60 Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 13, 2016
The US Army is not for everyone. I had lots of supervisors and coworkers. I cannot list every thing I loved or hated about the job. I had a passion for working on helicopters and a passion for providing medical attention to casualties.

I was a 24-7 soldier. I was responsible for a multi-million dollar aircraft and people's lives. The US Army provided me the skills and knowledge to perform my job at 110%.
Pros
Great benefits, traveling
Cons
Missing family time and moments
Job
Fire Support Specialist Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 14, 2016
The qualified individual will have a minimum of four years experience administering Falconer weapon system/military experience, Security+. Operational experience is highly desirable. Possession of an understanding of various elements of mission spectrum is highly desired. These include, but are not limited to aircraft performance factors such as AOC operations, systems administrations, and networking; an understanding of airspace, airways, airports, as well as other flight information details; chart basics such as;
good career starter
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 15, 2016
A soldier's training is never completely finished. In the modern Army, mundane tasks formerly used as punishment or busy work for soldiers, such as preparing food for mess service or basic cleaning, are often performed by civilians under contract with the Army. This frees up soldiers' time, allowing them to take ongoing training courses. They may go through additional AIT schools to diversify their training or take leadership courses. Entire units can take special training courses together. The Army's goal is to keep soldiers focused on improving their skills and abilities so they can perform their jobs perfectly when peoples' lives are on the line.
Army Communications Review
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 11, 2016
My 8 years in the Service displays hands-on experience in even life threatening situations. I have thorough experience with securing Military networks through firewalls and proper IP addressing protocols. I have been blessed to get my hands on a plethora of Communications devices and have written and enforced policies to protect our network.

Times have been trying. It's hard to tell your Wife that you will see her in a year to put your life on the line. This was the hardest part but being a part of a brotherhood that knows the depth of service is an incredible feeling.
Great Boss
Senior Technician, Retired (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 17, 2016
Good place to work great for a new diesel mechanic to start a career.
Some of the technicians here will work with you and are great teachers to help fill in the blanks for Military soldiers just getting out of the service. I have learned a lot at Estes in the few months I have been working there due to the technicians working with me to help get me caught up on civilian equipment.
Pros
Great Boss family oriantaed
Cons
As with any job the people you work with some good some bad.
Demanding but rewarding organization
Communications and Electronics Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 15, 2016
Being a part of the Army is a lifestyle change that a person either adapts to or not. You are expected to adapt and overcome any obstacles and to complete any mission. I was given the opportunity to work around the country and the world to include Iraq and Okinawa, Japan. Working in a team environment is essential for success but you are also required to be successful as an individual.
Pros
Travel, and chance for promotion
Cons
Missing important life events due to deployments.
Dedicated, innovative, resourceful in accomplishing the mission
Drill Sergeant School-Communication Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCJune 20, 2016
A typical day at work while in the military was always being on the go. We hit the ground running. In the military I enhanced my leadership abilities. I enhanced my communication abilities. I enhanced my ability to generate sound decisions and management skills. The military taught me how to develop interpersonal relationship with peers and supervisors. The hardest part of the military life was making the adjustment to moving around different locations of the world. The most enjoyable part of the military was coming home after a long assignment and seeing my family again.
Pros
Assignments
Cons
Health care
Fun at work
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 2, 2016
Work was always fun and informative you are always learning something new even if it has nothing to do with your job. Their are always people willing to each other and pust each other as well as motivating. The only thing that's hard about my job is not opening your mouth to ask for help especially when you have so many leaders around you willing to teach. If I could I would do it all over again I loved serving my country as a soldier.
Pros
Learning new things everyday and being around family
Cons
Not saying anything if you need help
The opportunities
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 18, 2016
Work started and 6:00 am until the Job was done. I learned discipline, respect, loyalty, leadership, management skills. I learned how to identify a chemical and how it effects the body or environment, How to train fellow Soldiers in Chemical Warfare and how to keep them and everyone safe, trained how to use your gear in a situation that it was needed. I had excellent leadership and my co workers became some of the closest people I have in my life. Hardest part of my job was learning to be away from my family. Every morning when I put on my Uniform was the most enjoyable instant pride.
Great work experience and great time off. Organized work place.
Awards Clerk/Mailroom Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 12, 2016
I learned a lot from being a Human Resources Specialist, from working with Soldier's paperwork to doing ceremonies. I have enjoyed working for the Army because I was shown how to do everything with Human Resources. I know that it helped me with dealing with all situations that came to the office. I worked with great leaders and co-workers and did not have a problem with them. The only hardest thing that was needed to be done were reports that had to be in on time. Doing things last minute are the hardest but not impossible.
Pros
4 day weekends for holidays
Cons
Job needed to be done, not based on hours.
A great place to get your start or build a career
H.R. Sergeant (Current Employee) –  VariousJuly 12, 2016
While the Army may or may not be for everyone, it is a great place to build a foundation. It does not matter if you plan on doing 20 years or 3 years the Army will instill a sense of discipline and professionalism that most young adults need. It gives you the opportunity to meet people who may become lifelong friends even family. There are certain stressors that one will have to overcome, but if you are able to keep your personal goals in mind you will be well on your way.
Pros
gives you a sense of pride, there are opportunities to advance
Cons
a different kind of culture, can be physically demanding
Fulfilling Position that developed ability to succeed
Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 4, 2016
As a military officer, I learned the value of teamwork, hard work, commitment to excellence, and the skills needed to lead people. As a young officer, I learned to leverage the skills and experience of the non-commissioned officers that I worked with to improve my capabilities as a leader, both technically and operationally. I was given the opportunity to continuously challenge myself in different positions of increasing complexity and responsibility.
Great Benefits and Team envioronment
Human Resources Manager, Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 26, 2016
It is all what you make of it. You can be upset that you must get up early to do Physical Training, or you can look at it as a benefit that your employer not only pays you for the time, wants you to be fit and healthy, but the better you are the more opportunities you get. Even if you do not like some of the people you work with, it is always temporary because someone will transfer. There is no family like a military family.
Leadership will make or break the organization
Senior Ground Ordnance Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 8, 2016
No matter when or where you serve, it is the leadership that will make or break your career at any location. By not being recognized in the proper career progressing manber, no amount of awards or citations will get you promoted or retained in the service. When leaders fail you the organization will loose good people.
Pros
Great benefits, skill development and education options for those who take advantage of it.
Cons
Career is only partially under your own control.
productive, fun, demanding.
team leader (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXJuly 6, 2016
I would wake up at 05:45 for formation, Then I would do 2 hours of PT(physical training), we would get 1 1/2 hours to clean up and eat before our next formation. We would do work that was planned out I.E.( going to work on the trucks, weapon training, skills training and cleaning our weapon).

All aspects of the job were hard but at the same time all aspects of the job were very enjoyable. I would say the worst thing about being in the military would be being away from my family.
Pros
everything
Cons
being away from family members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4