U.S. Army
20,819 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Army life
Supervisor/ Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Health Beneifits
Cons: long hours
Joining the army made me realize that life isn't easy. I have learn to be a leader and do what I am told.This job taught me to teach others and learn more as i'm teaching.
Productive Day to Day Operations
Maintenance Readiness Branch OIC (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work reviewing reports, ensuring data was up to date and accurate, also updating supervisor. Managed over the units materials, equipment, and subordinates within my section. My co-workers were great. All about team work and getting the mission done. The most enjoyable part of the job was the bond that was built between my subordinates and co-workers. One team, One fight.
very good learning experience
Armament/Electronics and Avionics Repair Systems (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 30, 2015
was a good learning experience got to travel and see some of the world had a steady income, roof over my head and guaranteed food
good benefits, fast paced, fluid instructor opportunities
Instructor (Former Employee), GlobalMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits, housing allowance, travel the world
Cons: WAR
I really enjoyed working in the Army. MY most passionate positions always included ones where I had to chance to teach, coach and mentor. My passion is instructing therefore I gravitate toward that field. The Army always gave me a chance to fulfill that desire.
Worse Place tp Work
Chief, Casualty Operations Division (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Soldiers
Cons: Prejudice Leadership
Not enough diversity within the command. Command climate was toxic and lacked communication skills. If this assignment keeps you close to home, take it as alast result
Over all good experience
13E Cannon Fire Direction Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Always obtaining new knowledge.
Cons: Being away from family
Maintain and operates radio and wire communication. Transmits firing data elements, compiles lists and prepares target overlays for cannon fire adjustments used field artillery cannon unit. Learned to
work and communicate as a team, in order to survive in a hazardous
environment. Hardest part of job is being away from family, most enjoyable part is coming home safe.
working with highly motivated people learning something new everyday
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee), FT Wainwright AKMarch 30, 2015
Pros: stability, working with new people experiencing new things
Cons: being gone from family
wake up go to pt work go into work and plan maintenance for the day get my soldiers in line give them task supervise them as well as assist them with there task make sure I line up maintenance for the week as well have meetings with my commander brief him on what I'm doing and what I have my soldiers doing coordinate with quality control and production control as to what our line troop is doing most enjoyable part for me was get the job done in the time I projected and helping my soldiers succeed.
US ARMY
88M- Motor Transportation Operator (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 30, 2015
the typical day at work verys some days are hectic and real busy and some times its relaxed's and laid back. I've learned my things from the army such as leadership skills,
Teaching young men to become discipline and responsible.
15D/Lance Missile Crew-member (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Being away from the family.
Maintain custody and security of weapons. Working with the Germans who maintain the perimeter and we maintain the exclusion area.
US Army National Guard
Fire Direction Control Team Leader (Current Employee), Morgantown WVMarch 30, 2015
I love being in the guard. It has given me life lessons that can not be taught in any other environment. The leadership training I have received cannot be matched by any other institution.
Military
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Lewis WaMarch 30, 2015
The military was a great learning experience for me. Although I decided not to make it a career I enjoyed the time I spent there.
I loved the army
soilder (Former Employee), overseasMarch 30, 2015
Pros: serving my country
Cons: being away from home
I was a young man in the army and it was a good fit for me. It started me on my way. I got to travel. I got to serve my country. and I learned a great deal. I got to meet guys from all over and learned from each one.
Best Place to Be!
JOINT NETWORK OPERATOR/MAINTAINER (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Brotherhood, discipline, structure, strength, Integrity
Cons: Dangerous
The military is just always going to be one of the best employment opportunities in the market due to all the benefits that you are given when completed. Although risky, it is an all-around wonderful and stable/secure job.
The job of an HR Manager
Human Resources Manager United States Army (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GeorgiaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Taking Care of people
Cons: Not enough time in the day
Prepare for upcoming meetings that require communication both oral and written to senior organizational leaders; create an environment where other HR professional feel safe and free to work effectively on all HR related issues; manage, counsel and supervise a staff of HR professional daily; oversee all HR operations for the organization; forecast future talent management requirements
great travel experience with meeting different people.
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Aschaffenburg, Gernany/ Ft Polk ,LaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: travel cheap, good amount of free time
Cons: living outdoors, prone to injury
training all the time. Constant learning of your job and the position above you. In a combat job we spent most of our time out doors.
Fun and Productive workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), ft. hood, txMarch 30, 2015
Pros: long lunch, exercising every morning, steady paycheck
Cons: you can't call in sick or put in a two weeks notice
Doing inventory of expensive equipment. How time management is very important, respect goes a long ways and some other skills over the 6 yrs in the service. Co-workers were great and I got along with every single one of them. Making sure soldiers keep living areas well maintained. Knowing that im serving my country.
Combact Basic Training
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 30, 2015
A typical day consist of protecting our base and being prepare for any enemy to attack. I learned how to shoot a M16 and scoring Marksmen in shooting. The hardest part of the job is being away from family 4 a long period of time.
Fantastic Character Builder
Platoon Leader, Active and Active Reserve (Former Employee), Ft Richardson, AKMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great Educational Opportunities
Cons: Long hours, and little family life.
I strongly encourage any person, man or woman, to join the armed forces. It helps you to establish a strong sense of teamwork, as well as establish a greater sense of self-reliability and independence.
Good employment
Behavioral Health Officer (Current Employee), ft carsonMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed my time in the Army and am only leaving this postition due to a medical separation. I am currently a Behavioral Health Officer and provide services as an LCSW to Soldiers and their families.
Love being in the Guard
Forward Observer (13F), M1 Abrams Crewmember (19K) (Current Employee), Florence, AZMarch 30, 2015
It is a calling for me. I love serving my country and community I can not imagine where I would be with out the experience I've gained in the military.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries