U.S. Army
16,578 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Productive work environment
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Benning GASeptember 18, 2014
Enjoyed working there, many opportunities for advancement
school money for patience and presidential aging.
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), JBLMSeptember 18, 2014
Great for getting college payments out of the way, getting your EMT cert, for seeing the real thing, and the opportunity to save some money (if you don't spend it all) I laugh when people ask me what I do. Sometimes I march a few miles, spend a night in the rain and wrap rolled ankles, sometimes I sit in a room for 8 hours after the work is done, waiting – more... to be allowed to leave. Sometimes I screen patients and take vital signs for the physician's assistant. Sometimes I enter health records. Much of my time is spent counting the same pile of equipment twice a week, in the rain, lined up and spread out over an area the size of a small parking lot. But sometimes, you get to deploy, ride in tanks, shoot at bad-guys, plug bullet-holes and save lives. Worst part is probably how those who do all your paperwork have a 50% success rate. Meaning they lose your stuff, or your money, half the time, or it takes 5 weeks to get 3 signatures. OH! And say goodbye to cartilage, because you will run until your knees are gone. – less
Productive and challenging workplace
Laundry and Shower Specialist (Former Employee), Leesville, LASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: learning and using new equipment.
Working in a team environment that allow learning new ways to expand on experience. And meeting people of diverse backgrounds.
Top Secret Work place
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great team building
Cons: no set work hours
Supervised Soldiers on top secret materials.
Learned how to handle and correctly dispose classifies materials
Co-workers were great in team building
The most enjoyable part of my job was working as a team and getting the job done
Great if you're single
Fire Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Overall it has been a good experience and I would change anything if I went back and could do it again. The downside is working long hours, time away from home and the unstability with the budget issues.
Love and hate
Vehicle Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, pride, duty, integrity
Cons: time, management
I love the Army like any other soldier does and would do it any day, it taught me many things that i did not know before hand and i am glad for all the lessons that i learned and all the new things that it taught me. There are always days when you hate your job but there are always days where you feel incredible proud, there were many more days were – more... i found myself being satisfied in the pride of being a soldier than days that i did not want to do the job. – less
92Y
Chain Supply Management (Former Employee), Germany & USASeptember 18, 2014
Established an Arms Room to secure weapons, small arms, and ammunition, while deployed in Afghanistan. Completed this task by using local resources, Army Publication (Physical Security of Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives, Unit Supply System Manual, and Administration & Management of Physical Security), and approval by the Unit Commander, Unit Physical – more... Security Officer, and Fire Marshall.
• Maintain records, conducted physical inventory, and communicated periodically status to the company commander.
• Performed tasks like inventory management, receiving, shipping, and requisition management.
• Controlled supply of weapons and ammunitions in security area.
• Issuing and receiving crew served weapons and small arms. – less
Great way to learn about your strengths and weaknesses
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Love it, love it, love it. It's has been an exciting 17 year career so far. I caution people joining the reserves as it will cause problems for civilian employment. Make sure to work for an employer who is fully supportive of your career in the military.

The Army National Guard is no longer two days a month and two weeks in the Summer. You will have – more... to do more training than was is led to believe. – less
High tempo workplace where motivation, dedication, discipline and attention to detail matters.
Field Recruiter (Former Employee), Whittier, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great medical and educational benefits, fast promotion opportunities, job stability, paid training, no experience required, world travel, vacation with pay
Cons: possible long hours, time away from family, stressful
Field Artillery daily routine consisted of physical fitness training, leadership meetings and briefings and combat mission training;

Recruiting daily routine consisted of lead generating operations, prospecting for potential Army recruits, processing applicants for enlistment into the Army, training of Future Soldiers.

As an Artilleryman, I learned – more... how to mentor, train and lead young men to become knowledgeable about performing in combat situations and to later become future mentors, trainers and leaders;

As a recruiter, I learned about selling a difficult product to people with no knowledge of it, I also learned about market penetration and market saturation through canvassing; I learned how to conduct cold calls, hot knocks and face to face prospecting; learned about target markets and market share.

Military management is structured well so as to run as according to protocols and Army doctrine.

Co-workers were of a diverse background with various nationalities.

As an Artilleryman, the hardest part of the job to me was administering non judicial punishment to subordinates.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of helping subordinates get promoted or rewarded for their efforts.

As a Recruiter, the hardest part of the job was trying to help an applicant overcome buyer's remorse, or conducting paperwork to release someone from their enlistment obligation.

The most rewarding part was, after convincing them, seeing the parents of a newly enlisted future soldier react with equal excitement for their child and their decision to serve. – less
Great Job
Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 18, 2014
Turning wrenches
I learned a alot from this job
Management was great
Co-workers were great, liked to help out when it was needed
Hardest part was working in the heat, deployments
Enjoyable part was being able to meet new people from all different backgrounds, and traveling
Builds regular citizens into soldiers.
Automatic Rifleman (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free healthcare and dental insurance
Cons: extended periods of time away from family and home
Provides you with vast knowledge and lots of experience in not only your job field but others as well. It can be quite inconvenient at times but the benefits like healthcare, dental and as well as paying for your housing are amazing. The worst part is how mentally and physically taxing it is on your body because of all the strenuous activities you do – more... can cause irreparable damage to your body. The best part about it is the sense of brotherhood and belonging to something bigger and better. – less
Exciting career-oriented organization.
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: long lunches, great camaraderie.
Cons: coming into work on short notice, monday pt.
The United States Army helped me develop interpersonal skills, teamwork, motivation, and fostered a love of learning. It also pushed me past what I previously conceived to be my physical, emotional, and mental limits, and made me into an overall better person.
Military Service
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), oklahomaSeptember 18, 2014
Great Company to work for. I was a soldier - so wherever and whenever I was needed - I had to feel in.
army life
Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: stay away from home
productive, experience in serving my country and love to be of assistance to the people of the united states.
Team oriented environment, active workplace
Material Management NCO SSG (Former Employee), Fort Indiantown Gap, PASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: weekends off
I work in a fast paced energetic environment, with leadership that takes an active role in mentoring and teaching. I have honed my skills as a warehouse and procurement manager. The workers are very enthusiastic and work together to accomplish the mission. The Hardest part of the job is balancing many moving pieces and meeting higher demands from other – more... offices. The job offers a great deal of satifaction when I am able to help other units to accomplish their missions. – less
Mutli-tasking and fast paced
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lee, VASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Some days are longer than others but that is part of being in the military. The Army says that they are family friendly but they are not.
Challanging and Rewarding
SFC- Senior Brigade Operation Sergeant (Current Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 18, 2014
Great Organization to work for with regards to making a difference in young adolescences lives
Constant work and always busy
Recovery Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and maintaining M109-series Howitzers, M992 Ammunition Carrier, and M88A1. You actually work on more vehicles that just the 3 named. You become well rounded on working with diesel engines. Your team consist of 5-8 personnel and you work together to accomplish the mission at hand.
My Life
U.S. Army (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough pay
I had the honor to serve this great nation for 21 years and I would not let anyone take that away from myself. Yes I was in harms way numerous times but I would do it all over again. I told my soldiers that if it is my time to go, its my time. I loved what I did and what it stood for. I love this country.
Great environment, provided opportunities to travel.
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 18, 2014
It provided the opprotunity to work with many different weapons sytems. Every day was completely different than the day before. I learned how to be more disciplined, work oriented and proficient.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more