U.S. Army

24.3K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Logistic Supply Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 1, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours sometimes
Worked 9-6, how to turn in parts, receive parts, stock parts, inventory. Also learned to manage and train over 20 people. Also learned how to manage different sections in the warehouse. The most enjoyable part is working with different soldiers and teaching their jobs.
Great Work Environment
Track and Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COAugust 31, 2015
A normal work day would consist of morning meetings and getting tasked out to finishing the days task and always working with heavy equipment.
It has it's ups and downs.
Assistant Brigade Intelligence Officer (Full Time) (Former Employee), McChord AFB, WAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Four Day Weekends
Cons: lack of sleep
It's a very dynamic workplace environment. Often the training that I received didn't often directly translate to the work I actually did. There was much that revolved around outside tasking that were necessary for logistical support. The management for the most part was supportive and placed me in positions to advance my career, but there are also toxic leadership that don't care about taking care of their people, but more advancing their own careers. Best co-workers around, we would lay down our lives for each other. The hardest part of the job was the uncertainty that was given at short notice and required leaving family for an unknown time. The best part of the job was the health benefits.
A great environment to learn, grow and succeed
Deputy Director of Operations (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COAugust 31, 2015
The Army like a lot of professions out there is what you make of it. Is it more demanding? Yes, it is...but that is to be expected given the profession. It is also a very rewarding profession that offers great benefits, comradery, e sprit de corps, you name it. The opportunities to advance are available, the more you put into it and work on your own development as well as that of those around you, the better off you will be.
Infantryman
Infantryman (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Traveling, Meet New People, Exercising
Cons: Wake up too early in the morning
Excellent work places where people forge a lifetime bond. Not all about the numbers, but how you grow and develop. Exploring the world and teaching your body to pass a limitation that you didn't think was possible.
Be all you can be.
Tactical Wire Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2015
Pros: The best way to get training and see the world
Cons: No cons miss.
We would get up early in the morning do PT then come back and get cleaned up. Go have breakfast and then head off to the comm-section. We would over see the cleaning and maintenance of the communication equipment so they would be ready in moment notice. I always had a good group of guys who was in the comm-section and I miss it.
Disciplined environment
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: health care, being on a team
Cons: pay, long training periods.
Most enjoyable part of job was different type of work I would do as being an infantrymen. Also being a member of a team was a fun part of the job. Typically the days were long and involved a lot of physical workload was the main part of the job.
It was my first real job as an adult I learned a lot from the military.
Combat Medic/Medical Specialist/EMT/Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 31, 2015
Performed various medical related tasks in Troop Medical Clinics and Army Hospital. Instructed CPR classes, combat life support classes, etc. Maintained inventory and upkeep of weapons and medical supplies. Assisted with Troop Activities scheduling. The Army taught me about accountability, dependability and promptness.
Opprtunity to preform various duties and take charge of projects
Military Intelligence (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, El Paso TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: 30 Days paid vacation, health care, military base amenities, paid housing and opprtunites to go to foreign countries.
Cons: Random schedules, 24 hour work days, last minute jobs at close of business, finding time with family and submitting to a separate system of law.
A good experience to learn and grow from. Teaches the importance for structure, how to delegate and working as a team. Your able to undestand the importance of leadership and the need to recieve personal training to allow you to take advantage of opprtunites to take charge. You learn to keep track of many different parts and keep accountability and accurate record of supplies. A nice perk is that you are paid to to workout and stay physically fit. There are opportunities to push yourself and to standout from others. You find new friends and experiences that you could not have in any other circumstances.
The daily things done
Squad Leader (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 31, 2015
Every morning we would wake up at 4 a.m. and start our day with physical training. after physical training we would change into our uniform of the day and start our training.
Great learning experience
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great Training
Cons: Workig in the heat
Although I never deployed I learned a lot about the daily struggles soldiers go through and what they may or may not face when deployed to a combat area.
Fast pace work environment
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Fort bragg NCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience, family oriented, healthcare, and housing
Cons: low wage, alot of long nights
No day is ever the same being a combat engineer in the army. On a typical Monday, we do physical training at 0600, then we break for breakfast. After breakfast we meet at our motor pool where all the vehicles are, and we conduct maintenance on our vehicles making sure everything is running properly. At around 1100 we break again for lunch, then 1300 we meet at the company and plan for any field training we have for the week or upcoming weeks. After prepping for the field we get released at or around 1700
Typically...
Infantryman (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYAugust 31, 2015
You're constantly busy doing things not in your job description. On the bright side you get to be around people from different cultures. So it makes getting to know others and yourself a lot more entertaining.
Great life experience
Team leader, Squad leader (Former Employee), So CalAugust 31, 2015
Good work for life and making friends. Great to help people learn and grow and become a better person. Fun work place and was able to meet a lot of great people.
Job security with numerous compensation and benefits
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood ,MO 65473August 31, 2015
Pros: Federal holidays off, leave, and life experience
Cons: long hours, time spent away from family, and hard to get promotion to next level
With this job it is about being ready in a moments notice for whatever may happen next without a dull moment. Your work environment always changes, always meeting new faces throughout your military career. Taught me alot about myself as a person.
Great Career Field
Brodacast Journalist/Administrative Professional (Former Employee), VariousAugust 31, 2015
I loved my time in the Army, and would recommend it to anyone. Good jobs with good benefits and plenty of opportunity to excel and advance if you put the work in.
Good for personal advancement and learning to take responsibilty
Indirect fire Infantry man (Former Employee), USAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: 4 day weekends, Full health and dental coverage, and you knew when you were getting paid.
Cons: much time away from family
The Army was hard by I was proud to serve my country. It is great for either a career or to help get yourself through college.
Great workplace
25B - Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Puerto RicoAugust 31, 2015
It have been a great place. US Army had exceeded my expectations. It has been a learning experience to work here and had developed on my technical and leader skills in many ways of me.
Was stationed at Fort Hood also know as the great place I have no idea why
Ammunition Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Free housing, food, clothing, and tons of excercise
Cons: tons of excercise, food was not that great, housing sucked, and clothing constantly ripped
Typical day was sitting at my company for 8 hours waiting to get orders to do something. I learned a lot about warehousing and ammunition. Co-workers where all great. Management was ok most of the time I wouldn't see my first Sgt or Cpt until we did a change of command then I saw both of them daily. The hardest part was being away from family for a year at a time. The most enjoyable was basic training or some know it as boot camp.
My job at (DGRC or Army: Non-Tactical Generator and Rail Equipment)
Electrician (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTAugust 31, 2015
I loved the Idea that I am their to support our troops. I liked working for (DGRC or Army: Non-Tactical Generator and Rail Equipment). because it was production shop. That we competed with outside contractors
I am tired of all the travelling or being TDY. I am hate staying in hotels I rather sleep in my bed with my wife.
Headquarters