U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,173 reviews matching the search
Army Strong
Operation Specialist/PsyOps (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 21, 2017
Army life is hard to explain I loved my time in and service to my great country but it had its moments but it made me who i am today
Gret place to meet new pople and travel the world.
88M Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 21, 2017
Physical training, great work environment, hardest part is getting along with a lot of different personalities in a short amount of time trying to create and make bonds with your platoon. Learning to adapt and listen to one another.
Pros
Free Lunch, Travel
Cons
Long hours, Time away from family, Can be very stressful
Everyone should try it
Sergeant - Tank Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Stewart, GAFebruary 21, 2017
After Basic Training, It is mostly like a typical job. You will do physical training 5 days a week and work a normal, or somewhat normal 9-5. Field training can become long, and deployments even longer. You will establish some amazing relationships that will last a lifetime on the way. As far as management, you are at the mercy to the unit you are assigned. The hardest part of the job is the work/life balance. It seems like a lot of time away. The most enjoyable part about everythinng is the people.
N/a
Equal Opportunity Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Benning, GAFebruary 21, 2017
Great place to work enjoyed everyday. Learned about others and myself. I worked with a great team and had superb leaders.
Life changing experience
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2017
After spending close to 10 years in the Army with various military occupational specialties, my most valuable lesson taken away from the military, is how I learned to lead.
Great experience
US Army (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 21, 2017
If your looking for a job with grit purpose and for your own pride, the united states army is a great job to have. With a masculine environment to very friendly battle buddies, if your willing to put in the long hours and hard labor the job is a perfect fit. Benefits are a plus
The bonds made were worth it
Multi-channel transmissions systems operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 21, 2017
I loved working with my fellow soldiers. I've made brothers and sisters for life. The only draw back was how the rules kept changing and standards flipped back and forth.
Pros
Physical fitness, leadership training, benefits
Cons
Some toxic leadership, ever changing standards
Everything is based on your leadership
Soldier (Former Employee) –  multiple locationsFebruary 20, 2017
Like in any field, there are great bosses, horrible bosses, and bosses that fall somewhere in between. With the Army, there are many levels of leadership, so chances are you'll find yourself with one or more less than awesome supervisors. Unfortunately, they have much more control over your life than bosses do in the civilian world. The job field you go into also has a lot to do with what kind of people you will be surrounded by.
The worst part of the job is that it seems the military is being used as a social experiment. Things that are not illegal outside are illegal in the military. Simple things (like bumping into someone) can derail a career and result in finding oneself out of a job (or worse).
The best part is that you can build amazing relationships while doing something altruistic. You really can make a difference in some ways. Also, you get weapons and combat training, so if that is appealing... it can be fun!
Pros
Healthcare is provided for you and your family, paid vacations, many holidays off
Cons
Deployments, loss of rights and freedoms
great work enviroment
Recruiter/ Future Soldier Leader (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 20, 2017
serving my country was the greatest honor of my life. it made me a man and taught me valuable life lesson and skills that I use not only in my work life but also in my personal life.
Army 101
Chemical Specialist (Former Employee) –  South koreaFebruary 20, 2017
It's a good place to work if you're an officer other than that you get treated bad as an enlisted. At least in my experience.
US. Army
Command Inspector General (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 20, 2017
Serving your nation in the US ARMY is an honor and incredible privilege. Teaches you teamwork, discipline and selfless service to your nation and serving others. I highly recommend serving in the US. Army.
Army life has been rewarding, diffacult and excitimg.
Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 20, 2017
My twenty-three years in the Army have been the most rewarding for my family and myself. The work was hard, challenging and fast paced. As I retire I am looking for employment that will allow me to use my experience in leadership and mentorship. I am not afraid of failure but strive for success.
Pros
Taking care of my Soldiers.
Cons
Long periods of time away from the family.
Active duty service member
Sergeant (40-60hrs/wk) Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYFebruary 20, 2017
Learned a lot about using heavy equipment. Managed 7-10 soldiers/ crew members. Great experience severing my country. Maintenance for over 30 vehicles to include dozer, skid stears, scrappers, loaders. Basically anything hydraulic powered we moved, or operated.
Productive and fun place to learn and work
Multi-Channel Transmissions Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZFebruary 20, 2017
It was a great place to work, as well as a good chance to grow as an employee. I learned a great amount while employed here. Also, there were lots of patient people there willing to train and teach every employee. I recommend this employer to anyone. Also, I was able to travel around and see different landscapes.
Pros
Always a job to be done, friendly co-workers, ability to gain experience
Its the army
25N10 Nodal Network Systems Operator-Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Its the army. That should be enough said. Its forcing me to submit more than just that. This part of indeed is dumb. I am now wasting time typing in a review
I loved my job and i did very well at it
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAFebruary 20, 2017
I was an aircraft maintainer and I worked on the OH-58 it has since been decommissioned it was the work horse of the Army's helicopter fleet I learned a lot on this aircraft and would love to work on it again
Excellent benefits and opportunites for advancement.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work. Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Great career if you stick it out. It is a rewarding way to serve your country!
Great experiance, with a lot of great people.
Infantryman (11B) (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 20, 2017
the people that I served with will always be my brothers. And I would do anything for any one of them. It was a great experience for me.
Pros
Great experiance, work ethic, and time management.
Cons
over worked at times.
Ehhh okay.
Executive Assistant to Major (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 20, 2017
Long hours. Deployments. Not a lot of pay.Hard to juggle time with family as well as work. It's a hard life. You need to be extremely dedicated to the cause.
Senior Maintenance Manager
Senior Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Typical day at work: Start processing job orders, ordering parts, sort work priorities, Quality Assurance and control on all completed jobs.

I have learned that patients and careful planning help complete all jobs.

My management skills are a little more direct than most.

Work atmosphere is pleasant but with the understanding and drive to meet all deadlines.

Being away from family for extended period of times

Being part of something bigger than myself and helping complete the misson
Pros
Medical, Dental, ease of access to education, physical conditioning programs
Cons
Rentention Control, unpredictability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4