U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 30,659 reviews matching the search
4 day weekend
Patient Administrative Specialist(68G) (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJune 28, 2016
every month we always had a three or four day weekend. it was very enjoyable because we spent time with our family. I loved the Army
Pros
free dood
Cons
low pay
Feeling of Self worth, Motivational, Educational Benefits
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2016
The U.S. army is very structured. A typical day in the U.S. Army includes rigorous physical training, weapons training, testing your basic mental capacity. I enjoy every single day. I love all of my Co-workers or as we call them "battle-buddies". The hardest part of the job is being away from friends and family.The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I get the chance to prove what kind of person i am every single day.
Pros
Medical, Educational, and personal benefits
Cons
N/A
The Army in black and white
92F Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 28, 2016
Life in the Army can be unreasonably demanding, however it can be equally rewarding if you can meet it's demands. It has taken me around the world, and given me some of the greatest experiences in my life as well as some of the worst. I have enjoyed most of the Army's challenges and have become a disciplined professional to a degree uniquely accomplishable through military service. Its not for everyone, but it could be for you.
Pros
Experiences of a life time, and near endless benefits in and out of the uniform
Cons
Unfeasible demands, extended time away from family
Really enjoyed working for US Army
Soldier Member (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJune 28, 2016
Serving for the US Army was a really great experience. It taught me a lot about myself, and also push every single day. I have always been a very hard worker and being apart of the army being able to learn other job experience made it even better. The hardest thing I would say about the Army would be deploying. I am a family person and being away from family for that long and being in an environment were people around you really wanted to hurt you was a very difficult process, but being able to say you made it through that was the best feeling. I feel that if I could accomplish that mission, I could accomplish anything.
Pros
Pushing yourself, finding out your limitations, meeting people from different countries, experiences different cultures
Soldier
Aviation Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 28, 2016
The day to day wasnt too bad, the training was sufficient. The deployments were terrible as to be expected.
Exciting and Competitive Job
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJune 28, 2016
A normal day in the military started at approximately 4:30 a.m. and ended at 6 p.m. every day. I learned to work with others, team building, weapon and firearm use, discipline, and self-motivation. My coworkers were amazing! They all had great motivation and discipline. We worked together and completed tasks in a much faster time than normal. The hardest part of my job was being away from my son for months or a year at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job was protecting and serving the people I love the most and my country.
Pros
Met New people
Cons
Sometimes unnecessary work was provided
Productive Workplace environment
Senior Enlisted Advisor/Consultant (Former Employee) –  JBSA, Ft Sam Houston, TxJune 28, 2016
I advise the Commander on day to day operations, accountability, personnel, and personnel administration/evaluation. The most enjoyable part of job is taking care of the Soldiers.
Pros
Serving the Country
Cons
Non
Productive and challenging
Senior Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJune 28, 2016
Best place I have every worked. This job made me into the person I am today. I learned what is to be led and what it is to be a leader.
Pros
Paid to workout
Great Job
Career Counselor/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Picatinny Arsenal, NJJune 28, 2016
Work load/flow varies from day to day. I wouldn't say that any part of the job was hard. I would say that at times it could be challenging as with any other job. I really enjoyed helping people and providing them with great job opportunities.
Not the same as active duty
Specialist E-4 (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 28, 2016
I have not had any bad experiences while in the military, but I will say that because this is not full time military work, I do not like it as much, and showing up once a month can get in the way of civilian work.
Pros
Its once a month
Cons
can get in the way of civilian employment
The Army is not for everyone.
Soldier (Former Employee) –  VariousJune 28, 2016
A very structured environment, The chain of command tells you when to do, what ever it takes to complete the mission. I was told mission, men, then myself. Get the job done that's all that counts. The friends that you make, you make for life. don't get me wrong I did 20 years.
Pros
Well, I get miltary discount. Health care for me and my wife.
Cons
No mater what duty station you get you ALWAYS the one preson that pushes your button.
Overall Great
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 28, 2016
My typical day of work is usually a 12 hour day. I work in a cubical with computers. I have learned many things and gained more knowledgeable experience while obtaining this job. The hardest part is finding a solution to a more difficult problem, however I search for an answer to the problem. The most enjoyable part is that I have great work hours and a good work environment.
It was the army ...
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 28, 2016
Typical day would consist of PT in the morning then work from 9-5. Work would consist of repairing helicopters and trying to avoid getting yelled at by incompetent individuals whose only hope to make it in this world was to get promoted because they had no technical skills and would never make it in the civilian world.
Pros
Free healthcare, shooting rifles and throwing grenades
Cons
wrong people in charge, terrible promotion system, probability of deployment and death
Issue Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 28, 2016
Typical day working in the U.S Army it always chaining you never know what type of experience you going to partake in on a giving day. My coworkers were always very helpful when I needed help. My supervisors were always there to help guide me in whatever situation at hand. My bosses were the most skilled workers in their given field of expertise. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing each and everyone of my coworkers through the years of working in the service of active duty.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
10 minute breaks
Productive long but enjoyable days
Facility Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJune 28, 2016
A typical day was making sure that my employees were taken care of physically and mentally so that they could be at their best when given tasks. I learned how to work with a mixed culture of individuals with different beliefs and ways of thinking. I am in the management position and I enjoy it as well as the individuals who I work for. The hardest part about my job is not having time for my family and having to leave them for 9 months to a year at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job is working for the families and soldiers. I enjoyed seeing their faces smiling as well as the pride I got in doing a job well done.
Pros
Stability
Cons
long deployments
The Army
Texas Army National Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 28, 2016
The Army has taught me a lot of hard work, discipline, resiliency, new trades, and respect. You definitely grow as a family and learn to work with all type of people.
Meh
Security Specialist, Software Engineering Center (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJune 28, 2016
The job is okay. My co-workers are good. There is a lot of turn over. The hardest part of the job is dealing with poor managers. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with lots of different people.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Managment
Best Decision
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2016
Joining service was the best decision I ever made. I have met a lot of great people, traveled, and the higher up management has always been a joy.
Amazing Oppurtunity to Serve my country
Vehicle Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 27, 2016
The military was an amazing venue to make something out of myself, harness my leadership skills and most importantly serve my country.
Army
Military Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJune 27, 2016
Completed 17 weeks of training at Fort Huachuca, Arizona as a Military Intelligence analyst.
Trained as a member of a team analyzing information and processing data to develop the proper course of action. Trained in Information Security. Developed the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific set of rules.
Developed public speaking and skill of critical thinking and problem solving

4.4