U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 38,304 reviews matching the search
Great Place to start a career
Military Entrance Contract Specialist Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 26, 2017
The Army is more than a job, it is a way of life and not always for everyone. To be successful sacrifices must be made in one's personal life. For families, it is an excellent source of benefits, support structure and financial stability.
Pros
Benefits, Educational Opportunities, Insurance for Family Members
Cons
Time away from family, moving every 2-4 years.
Challenging but rewarding experience
Planning Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMay 25, 2017
The US Army is a challenging and demanding organization, but one that offers many rewards and a great sense of satisfaction. Anyone who feels up to a challenge should consider volunteering for a tour of service.
Pros
Exciting work
Cons
Family life becomes difficult
A fine career choice
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAMay 25, 2017
I joined right after high school, so I was still basically a kid. It taught me a lot about being a part of a team and i quickly grew up. I eventually was medically discharged from service, but if I could, I'd go back.
Fast Paced enviornment with Multicultural personnel
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 25, 2017
In working for the US Army, I have learn how to negotiate obstacles and focus under pressure.

I attained leadership skills that allowed me to build moral in the work place

A typical day is fast pace, working customer service resolving issues as they come in one by one. Filing records, assisting personnel with financial matters to include pay and life insurance. Reviewing personnel file to validate character of service for clearances

The hardest part of my job was not being able to go home on time due to my get it done attitude.

Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on Soldiers faces when I'm able resolve their issues and concerns. Happy Soldiers means that they will be able to focus on the mission and not worry about administrative or financial issues.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Waking up extremly early
Awesome career
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMay 25, 2017
Only did 3 years as an Infantryman, but had some of the best times of my life. Made great friends, learned a little about everything, and was given many opportunites to succeed and advance.
Great after looking back
Soldier/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  HawaiiMay 25, 2017
The job when I was there didn't seem like it was great at the time but looking back I would not change a thing. There are a lot of crazy things that entails being in the military but the things that are given more than make up for it. The people that you meet when enlisted in the military also makes the enlistment worth it. They are there to help in any way that they can.
productive career with plenty of room for advancement
Supervisor |Calvary Scout (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSMay 25, 2017
Training and leading other became a passion quickly. I learned to be a productive member of a team. I went through good and bad leadership and you learn to deal and work with a wide variety of people.
benefits
Great Experience You'll Not Find Elsewhere
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 25, 2017
It's a rewarding experience if it is something you really want to do. It's also very strenuous physical and mental work. You need to have a passion for the job that you sign up for.
Senior Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  JBLM, WAMay 25, 2017
The workplace was very competitive which made working there fun. You were always pushed to improve yourself and had the opportunity to advance. The atmosphere was very good with some quickly paced training that kept you ready for any tasks.
Productive and fun environment
Ammunition Stock Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
Gave effective and efficient training to all soldiers. Preparing them for everyday duties and task that they may face in the near future, both in our careers and everyday life.
be all that you can be
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMay 25, 2017
prepares you to be a man/woman that would make your mother proud. teaches life lessons as well as work related experience. you can go many places if you have the right mind set
Pros
job experience
Cons
long days
Hard but rewarding
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMay 25, 2017
A lot of early mornings and late nights. Usually easy to stay busy and find something to do. Management depends on your unit. It is a rewarding in the way of job and work experience.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Hoah!
Personnal clerk, physical training (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYMay 25, 2017
My day at work was good everyday for the most part. I learned how to be productive and i also loved the work site and i was trained very well to do my job productively.
great learning environment
Personnel Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSMay 25, 2017
I take accountability for everyone in my battalion which was a total of 900+ soldiers and send report up to hire. I made sure all soldiers were getting the personnel records updated and the correct pay.
Pros
salary pay, benefits
Cons
time away from family
Military Service is Predictable
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 25, 2017
The Army has good leaders and bad leaders. Bad leaders make everything insufferable and impossible. Good leaders inspire their juniors to better themselves and remain.
wouldn't do it again
Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTMay 25, 2017
usually slow, monthly inventory takes most of the first day, usually missed mandatory training to complete supply tasks. If tasks were completed early you could do just about whatever you wanted. I visited other shops and cross trained. There are better ways to gain these experiences than joining the military.
Pros
free schooling
Cons
no real hr structure
Great foundation for young adults.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMay 25, 2017
Great foundation for young adults that lack direction.
The ability to travel the world.
Endless growth opportunity.
Great leadership development courses.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
Great benefits and good organization overall
INFANTRYMAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYMay 25, 2017
Many great benefits to include health care, retirement plans, and education benefits. There is a job for everyone and depending on your job and management there is great ability to advance.
Pros
benifits and co workers, travel
Cons
Bad Apples
Army
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 25, 2017
Difficult life to raise a family. Gone for long period of times. Many ups and downs. Great way to jump start future career and advance in what you long term goals are.
It's the military...and you will find no better teamwork environment anywhere.
Senior Leadership and Management Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
I was in for 25 years...that speaks volumes. The job has been the most rewarding thing I have ever done from a professional standpoint. The reason I cannot recommend it for everyone is that it isn't for everyone. It has to be a calling to serve your country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4