U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 25,423 reviews matching the search
Awesome
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKFebruary 12, 2016
The Army gave me the life experience and the confidence to succeed.Long days never hurt anyone I was infantry which should speak for itself.
Maintenance Sergeant
Maintenance Sergeant (Former Employee) –  MontanaFebruary 11, 2016
Maintained all track vehicle systems to meet repair schedule rotation and vehicle field usage.
Ensured clean and organized working conditions to maximize safety and productivity.
Managed procurement and inventory storage of maintenance parts to ensure on-demand repair needs
Direct reflection of society
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Ft Leonard Wd, MOFebruary 11, 2016
Learned key values such as loyalty, duty, honor, respect, selflessness , integrity. High intensity workplace with a lot of responsibilities. Complacency kills and communication is key.
Morale is at a high rate
Assistant Inspector General (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 11, 2016
My day is very busy but manageable. I get along with my co-workers and we have a unique bond in our office. The hardest part of the job is taking phone calls from complaintants that are frustrated with their chain of command and vent when they call.
The best job every
First Sergeant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 11, 2016
25 years of Great service. If I had to start all over again I would not change a thing. I have met so many people all over the world and great co-workers. It is a demanding job but the benefits out way the bad.
It is what you make it.
CH-47 Mechanic/Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 11, 2016
It can be great or it can be bad, All depends on what you do and how you do it and if you love doing it. Days are long, you Learn a lot of use skills, Management varies, Co-workers also vary, travelling is hardest part. The brotherhood is the most enjoable part
Pros
security and benifits
Cons
A lot of time away from home
The Life Style
Supply NCO (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 11, 2016
Whether you hate it, or love it... Your a part of a family with an endless support and caring environment. Discipline will ultimately get you ahead and knowing the environment will better influence your military career.
Pros
training, support, health care, financial support
Cons
it is what you make it.
Day at work
Senior Human Resource Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX 76544February 11, 2016
Typical day at work for me is from 530am till 7pm, not afraid to work long hours or every day. I enjoyed working with and for Soldiers and civilians.
Very exciting and eventful work place
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 11, 2016
busy work place and on your feet environment

learned a lot of values, hard work, loyalty, dedication, integrity

management, supportive

co-workers were very respectful and knowledgeable

the long hours

the people I was surrounded by
Pros
supportive co workers
Cons
minimul pay
Productive work that allows you to see the world
Grenadier (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 11, 2016
I was able to go to a foreign country and learn about other cultures. It was a moment in time I will never forget. I was also able to jump out of planes for a living, not something too many people can say.
Productive and educational environment
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day includes physical training, and any online military training. I've learned many things from safety courses I've taken including precautions and awareness of driving and things I can face on the battlefield. A very professional environment describes the soldiers I work with, always looking out for each other is one of the important things our leaders stress on us. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting close to my coworkers so if we ever deploy we're all comfortable with eachother.
Pros
Free food, good pay
Fun if you want to experience new and Exciting cultures and places
Patriot Missile System Repairer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Served 4.5 yrs. It was fun for a while. But eventually I realized that I want to take my career in a different direction. I did however learn a lot and experience a lot of things I would not have at any other job.
Government job with a ton of leadership a training
Services Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 10, 2016
The Army sent me to Fort Bliss to manage a motor pool that had nearly 200 military vehicles, 15 lower enlisted soldiers to manage and give guidance to while managing the pressure to continuously train to be physically fit and mentally tough.
Pros
Job secrurity, health benefits, housing pay, vacation days, travel
Cons
long days, red tape, at the mercy of the Uncle Sam
wine group
cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at the wine group was challenging. I learned how to push my self to accomplish the mission. the hardest part of my job was the physical labor.
Pros
my phycical limit peramiter grew
Cons
sometimes it seemed to hard
Discipline workplace. Great for gaining multiple skills.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day in the U.S army starts off with an accountability formation followed by physical training. After physical training one would have work call which typically is from 9 a.m to 6 p.m. My workload included filling prescriptions for military personnel and civilians, supplying the hospitals clinics with medication, mixing medications to fill I.V bags, stocking medication in the pharmacy, and checking expiration dates to lessen product loss. My co-workers included military and civilian which made it very diverse. The hardest part of the job was transporting large amounts of medications. The enjoyable part of the job was customer appreciation of my work.
Pros
Holidays, Free lunch, customer based, and
Cons
fast pace, short time frames to complete goals, pressure from military expectations and job expectations
Productive and time management.
Track Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Repaired and maintained multiple track vehicles a day.
Learned everything I know because of the army.
Was in charge of up to 5 co-workers a day.
fort bliss
Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 10, 2016
typical day was sand in my face
i learned to be a effective leader
management was toxic
my co workers were hard workers
hardest part was the weather
most enjoyable part was the brotherhood
Pros
field
Cons
everything
Its great
Captain (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Loved the Army. Deployments were the best part. You get paid well and avoid all the hassles of normal day-to-day life. I loved it.
It's A good place to start if you want to learn discipline, and responsibility
Chemical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at work begins with a lot a maintenance of equipment that gets used on a regular bases. I learned to be for organized and to take initiative and be more of a leader. Our NCOs took care of there soldiers and listened to there issues they might of had and handled them the best way that they could. My co-workers were very responsible and always helped out with whatever needed to get done without any hesitation. The hardest part about the job for me was being so far apart from family and friends. The most enjoyable part was deployment, and being able to travel to different parts of the world and around the country.
Pros
Living in The barracks, having a dining facility to eat at for free
Cons
Late working hours, separation from family for long periods of time
U.S. Army
Operations and Plans Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 10, 2016
A great place to work with a wide variety of hours. An extremely great place to work if you have the right management and leadership to work for.

4.5