U.S. Army
19,501 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

training the new recruits
Senior Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJanuary 29, 2015
Training the future soldier was an oppertunity to share ways of troubleshooting and repair.
Managing 20 soldiers.
Maintenence budget
Hardest part of being in the military was the twelve month deployments.
typical day in the shop was doing services and troubleshoting eletrial issues. Most problems where an easy fix.
Great place to work!!!
Logistics Operations Support Manager (Former Employee), Egypt, New Jersey and OhioJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: pay
Typical work day consist of team building and support. Performing and wearing many hats to achieve the objective.
great job for the willing
91B20 wheeled vehicle mechanic (Former Employee), fort lewis washingtonJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor time management stateside
was fun and fulfilling but a very demanding job when it comes to traveling and being away from your family.
Dynamic work place
Track Vehicle Mechanic/Public Affairs Specialist (Current Employee), California/UtahJanuary 29, 2015
The Army is a good place to work and gain necessary life experience. With school assistance available, signing bonuses, and travel opportunities.
great job
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJanuary 29, 2015
good job long hours and sometimes dont feel appreciated tho
Prefect oppurtunity to start a career and learn skills.
Supply Clerk/ Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: security of employment, discipline taught, and learned.
Cons: the commitment of where and when you go wherever.
It was a great experience which I would do all over again. I acquired a multitude of skills , Leadership/coping skills, communication skills, people skills, also a great wealth od self discipline . There was nothing hard about my job other than being separated from family from time to time. Most enjoyable was the part and pride that comes with being a veteran.
Great place to work and learn
Support Operations Officer (Former Employee), Camp Arifjan, KUJanuary 29, 2015
Outstanding organization!!! One of the best leadership teams I have every worked for. The challenges I faced with this position was working through the time differences. Our contracting officers worked in Rock Island, IL and we were in Kuwait. We worked everyday to accomplish the missions, they worked Monday-Friday. Planning was a must to ensure that no missions were dropped and there were no lapse in services due to not being able to fund a project. Overall, this was a great experience working with and learning more about contracts within a family based atmosphere!!!
FUN
Infantry (Former Employee), fort polk laJanuary 29, 2015
once in a lifetime experience. Learned a lot made lots of lifetime friends. challenging job but rewarding.
Military Service
Emergency Care Sergeant (Former Employee), U.S. ArmyJanuary 29, 2015
I enjoyed being a soldier but sometimes the benefits don't outweigh the cost on your personal life.
fun/stressfull enviroment knowing ur helping ppl
Fire Control Specialist/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: paid lunch. good pay. easy. good benifets
Cons: short breaks. lots of time changes.
Long days and stressful.

i learned alot from managment skills, office skills, firearm assembly/repair. accountabillity.

most enjoyasble part is being able to help people
Outstanding
Senior Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee), U.S StatesJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: very physical
Masterly assisted development and executed movement for 500+ personnel and records for personnel overseas.
Tracked, maintained, and handled staff equipment to ensure vehicles, supplies, documentation and personnel were ready for mobility at any given notice.
Prepared reports on medical readiness, training, inventory outcomes, accountability of personnel and verification of documents for all administrative matters.
Amazing Career Advancement
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2015
I loved working for the U.S. Army. While also being able to serve my country, I was able to still have a career with many advanced opportunities! The hardest part about the job is adjusting to not being able to see your family, but you wille eventually adjust.
great career
Mechanic (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: no cons
I loved every minute of it. From the early morning pt. to the long work hours.I loved wearing the uniform. I loved the recognition. loved serving my country. loved being a soldier. it was great. never had a problem. never had a bad experience. just a great career.
Productive work place.
Driver (Current Employee), Fort Eustis, VAJanuary 29, 2015
A lot of day to day training.
Most enjoyable was it alway kept me busy and produtive.
Its the Army
Human Intelligence Collector (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJanuary 29, 2015
Long hours all the time. Expect to work at least 50 to 60 hours a week. You will meet lifelong friends and have experiences found nowhere else in the job market.
Military job
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), ALJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: goverment job
Cons: didnt stay in
Lots of travel. Very busy all the time. good pay. learn about military and how it works.
it's the government...
PFC (Former Employee), Fort Sam Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
We never really had "typical" days in the Army. It could be anything from scrubbing walls, waxing floors, attending Warrior Tasks and Battle Drills, or cutting the small amount of grass with scissors. I learned a lot about myself and pushing myself to the furthest limits possible. Management changed all the time. I had some great coworkers that made life bearable. The hardest part was doing things you might think were stupid or pointless at the time. The most enjoyable part was the adventures!
Aviation Operations Supervisor
Aviation Flight Record Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good work envirment
Cons: time management could have been more productive
Supervising Team members in Everday Flight operations, Tasking team members to priority tasks. Morale is very important, My team members and myself always got sometime for our selfs. We had many people from difrent background experiences, we learned alot from each other.
Great Place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: got to see the world
Cons: away from your family from time to time
Train to bring the fight to the enemy
Got to play with all sorts of guns
Got to fly a drone
The best career that I could have ever chosen
U.S. Army Recruiter (Former Employee), United States of AmericaJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: serving the country you love
Cons: time away from loved ones
I served in the Army on active duty for over 22 years and have a cumulative time in the Army, including the Army Reserves and the Army National Guard, of 29 years. It is a very demanding and incredibly stressful job that only 1% of the entire nation has ever served in. The Army teaches self motivation, time management, loyalty, self respect and respect for others, how to take orders and how to be an incredible leader. It is a brotherhood that takes care of one another at all times, no matter the circumstances. The hardest part of the job is trying to lead so many people that have come from different parts of the world and that have differing sets of morals and values. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that what you do every single day is appreciated by so many people. The best word that describes me is loyal, I would not change anything about my Army Career or those I served with.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more