U.S. Army
18,003 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

fun, good learning experience
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: could be dangrous at times
learned a lot. us army has a lot to give. it was fun while it lasted. good people and friends and mentors in the us army.
Military Life
Military Police - Sergeant First Class (Former Employee), McChord AFB, WANovember 19, 2014
The work was sometimes arduous and there was not a lot of time for family, but I loved the experience
Productive and fulfilling career
Intelligence Security Manager (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: never home
A typical day was long and hard, yet fun and enjoyable. Co-workers were amazing and became family. Hardest part of the job was being away from my family.
Awesome!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 19, 2014
Great place to work with plenty of good opportunities. Good opportunities for advancement. Some downsides can be found if you clash with your supervisor, and it's hard to maintain friendships as people get moved around. Otherwise, I enjoyed my time in service.
Great place to be a team member
Recruiter (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: relocate often
-Team building
-Work ethic
Meeting alot of great people was ahuge part of the job. Very diverse.
Productive and fun working environment with room for advancement
Team Leader/Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: room for advancement and being recognized for hardwork.
Cons: working with people that is not a team player.
I've enjoyed working with people that I've met over the years. I'm a team player and a hard worker, I've also had some outstanding co workers and supervisors.
Good times and long days
Power Generation Repair Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great job security
Cons: long hours, deployments.
There were great people to work with, a great family based work environment. Long hours, usually always busy. Working on generators, water purification units, vehicles, and heaters.
Different from active duty a little backwards
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HINovember 19, 2014
Received, inspected, inventoried, loaded, unloaded, segregated, stored, and issued, delivered and turns-in organization and installation supplies and equipment. Prepared all unit/organizational supply documents. Maintained automated supply system for accounting of organizational and installation supplies and equipment. Issued and received small arms. – more... Secured and controlled weapons and ammunition in security areas. Scheduled and performed preventive and organizational maintenance on weapons. I have also worked the in Grand Isle for the BP oil spill for a total of 11 months, In keeping accountability of all the different materials to clean up the oil in the gulf. – less
Every day is challenge and quite fun and feel personally you are really accomplish a great task.
Food Service Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Alamitos, CaliforniaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: everyone worked together as a team.
Cons: none.
The day were long. It is a real challenge each day as learn something new from each member of your team. The work have to accomplish and every minutes count ensure everyone do their part of he work. Being part of a team make a difference both peronally and knowing each member earned the respect among their fellow workers.
Band of Brothers
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXNovember 19, 2014
Always a good environment, a lot of classes to attend to progress your career. Sometimes their is long hours but worth the experience in the long run.
Military trained professional with a keen attention to detail and an analytical mind
Signals Collector (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers, location, relaxed environment
Cons: lack of leadership at times, passdown of information from supervisors, poor planning of events, last minute changes
Start work at 0900, go to lunch at 1130, come back to work at 1300, and then close of business at 1630. Perform operations in support of SMDC mission, and help protect National Security.
great teamwork getting the job done at a fast pace
All-wheel mechanic (Former Employee), ft.gordon-ft jacksonNovember 19, 2014
Pros: the breaks were on time
Cons: getting the job done
very safe and we were unitized to do the job and make it a lot easier.
Great Opportunties
ASSISTANT OPERATIONS OFFICER (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXNovember 19, 2014
Wonderful Leaders and great opportunities to develop valuable skills.
US ARMY
Unit Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKNovember 19, 2014
Pride honor respect for of unit and the army is self I enjoy each moment of my career in the army. One of the most best decision I mad din my life.
US Army
Air and Missile Defense Avenger Crew Member (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 19, 2014
Active duty member from 2008 to 2012. Air defense artillery background.
Leadership and Training
Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2014
A typical day at work would be to provide leadership and training of personnel under my supervision. Provide a stress free environment so that all was able to conduct their day mission. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and how they provided team work to each other. I really did not see anything hard about the job that I was doing. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job, was my ability to take care of personnel and provide each of them way to help them advance in their careers. – less
great experience
Satellite Communications Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: hectic schedule, fast past, austere environments
Got a lot of hands-on time and first hand experience while working here. You have to be driven to learn more than the basics.
Hard work, but very rewarding
Captain (Former Employee), United States, Iraq, KoreaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: deployments, time away from family
0500 wake up, PT at 0600, work from 0900-TBD on daily basis. I learned that leadership requires putting those under your command ahead of your own needs; holding personnel accountable for right and wrong, being the example, always challenging yourself and doing your best.
productive learning environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCNovember 18, 2014
Ever since the first day of basic training, this was the best time of my life. A great learning environment, although quick teaching and not a lot of time to study. This was a great first job for an 18 year old with no real plan. It helped me to find what my real passion was for through hands on learning and getting "thrown" into unfamiliar territory. – more... There is so much I'm thankful to the Army for, and one of the big ones is that it helped me to mature more quickly than i would have if i were to have been on my own. – less
busy work place
Air Defense Artillery Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: long lunch breaks, steady pay check
Cons: 24hr on call
busy work place.
timely schedule.
a lot of book reviewing.
long work hours.
friendly people.
great management.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more