U.S. Army
21,597 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

U.S. Army is something everyone should check into
Ammunition specialist (Current Employee), Aberdeen south dakotaMay 4, 2015
Pros: benefits and fighting for the fellow Americans
Cons: nothing
The U.S. Army is a well defined and structured business its for highly motivated and active individuals and that's why I signed up for the Army. My job in the army consist of counting bullets and maintaining a warehouse for inventory and bookkeeping of product going in an out of the warehouse.
best years
Automotive Master Mechanic (Former Employee), north carolinaMay 4, 2015
Best years spent, had great leadership throughout my time in the military. Advancement in the field was difficult but possible.
Mission Orientaded
Section Leader (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 4, 2015
While working for the organization we acomplished many tasks that seem impossible, but the dedication and drive of its members was the determining factor for a successful mission.
Great Experience
Information Assurance Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort BlissMay 4, 2015
Once BCT and AIT is completed then your Army career begins. 7am PT. Physical Training is important, keeps you physically ready for any task. Work day starts at 9am. Thats when you preform your MOS. Some will be task to doing more than one job because of your skill set based off the need of the Army. You will learn to be the best you can be and the values of the Army. It can be physically and mentally demanding but it brings out the great soldier in you.
Life experience
Human Resource Sergeant (Former Employee), KYMay 4, 2015
Pros: Leadership experiences
Cons: Work Life Balance
Military gives life experiences, but work life balance is non existent. Overall pay is fine once you move up in ranks. ....................................................................
Great Job very organized
Ammunition Team Chief (Former Employee), JBER, AlaskaMay 4, 2015
I enjoyed serving in the United States Army, it was very beneficial and educational. Every day was interesting and exciting.
Gained plenty of work and travel experience
Lead Health Services Manager (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TexasMay 4, 2015
A typical day at work included sharing of important information from senior level executives and physicians. The hardest part of my job was making the overall plan achievable by numerous components of one organization. The most enjoyable part was interacting with various levels of leadership.
experience of my life
Fire Control System Repairer (Weapons Mechanic) (Former Employee), North Riverside, ILMay 4, 2015
this taught me a lot about growing as a man, and i developed a lot of skills that only the army can teach you. i enjoyed my time serving in the military and if i could do it all over again i would.
United States Military
Commissioned United States Army Officer (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 4, 2015
A challenging job and lifestyle that allow you to serve your country and better yourself. The environment and the job is constant and changing, and will make you a well rounded individual.
Honor to serve my country
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Various loctionsMay 4, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: In my opinion I seen no cons
I was afforded the opportunity to learn a trade and to serve my country. The benefits was excellent. The training provided was outstanding.
Organized and Consistent
Movements Coordinator / Food Service Specialist (Current Employee), GA/ NCMay 4, 2015
Pros: customer services, great benefits
Cons: going overseas
My typical day in the Army was making sure everyone was accounted for and getting on my computer to make sure my cargo or equipment was where I left it. I supervised personnel to make sure they were doing there duties. The most difficult part about the Army was going overseas. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with personnel everyday and keeping them focus on their goals, and motivated throughout the day.
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 4, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Productive place to work. Traveled the world and saw a lot of new things. This job taught me a lot of self-discipline and patience, and for that I am very grateful to take that to the civilian side of working.
love it
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), united statesMay 4, 2015
The army was awesome. Just could not be as involved with my family when working there. Miss the friends I made and the work ethics.
Outstanding Leaders. Great hard working men and women. Thrilling environment.
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free medical care. 30 days of paid leave a year. 1 1/2 hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Cons: No consistent hours. Chances of being away from loved ones for long periods at a time.
I learned a lot in my three years in the Army. I entered the military at the age of 19 years old who just left his parents house. I was still a boy with no experience to the real world. The military transformed me from a boy to a hard working dedicated Soldier. You meet and make lifelong friends with some of the best people in this country. The atmosphere is thrilling. You work with a lot of high tech weapons and equipment. Yeah there are some hard days, but everyone has hard days.My advice is if you are a thrill seeker and love to have adrenaline rushes. The United States Army will be the perfect occupation for you.
No Slack
Security Teams Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 4, 2015
Pros: The benefits coverage
Cons: Not a Family friendly career
Had a chain of command that made me wait for a Red Cross Message to be sent through proper levels of authority. Which forced me to send my wife on a plane to Texas by herself and experience the loss of our child by herself for the sake of a Red Cross Message.
US Army Recruiting
Recruiter/Center Lead (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
It is a difficult job, to balance long hours of recruiting with taking care of family. It is at least a fun fast paced job where you meet tons of interesting people
The best organization in the world
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Excellent growth and education potential
Cons: It consumes your life
The United States Army is, in my opinion, one of the most exceptional and professional organizations in the current world. It not only becomes a family, but it assists in your personal and professional growth. I have had the opportunity to lead the best men and women that the United States has to offer, and have had the leadership any soldier or employer deserves.
It is what you make of it
CRIMINT Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 4, 2015
Not an outstanding place to work, but it is what you make of it. They do of course offer job security and decent pay, but they lack it other core areas.
US Army
Section Leader (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 4, 2015
Pros: US Army
Cons: US Army
Serves as a Section Leader in a ABCT Cavalry Squadron of a rapid deployable armored infantry division; responsible for the readiness and maintenance of one M3A3 Cavalry Fighting Vehicle and three M1151s and all ancillary equipment valued in excess 4.5 million dollars; responsible for the health, welfare, training of two Sergeants, six Soldiers and their Families; responsible for assisting the assistant OP's NCO and battle captain in developing and implementing training plans to prepare the Section for combat; executes reconnaissance and security missions in support of an Armored Cavalry Troop.
Productive environment due to its culture from embedded values.
Executive (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIMay 4, 2015
Pros: Camaraderie, Fellowship, Team-Work
Cons: Limited experience in the Civilian work environment.
Phenomenal experience and work environment that enabled people to grow as leaders at all levels. It's foundation has been known to be acquired at other successful organizations.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries