U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 40,706 reviews matching the search
Career Recruiter
US Army Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYJuly 21, 2017
One of the toughest positions to serve in the US Army outside of direct combat.
Will cost you time with family and those you love. Constant battle of morals versus the mission
Capability developer
Capability Developer/ Logistian (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lee, VAJuly 21, 2017
I loved being part of the US Army for 31 years because of the excellent opportunities, great benefits, opportunity to travel around the world. I experienced new cultures and have a deeper appreciation and respect for other nationalities, all in servicing this great country. It was definitely a wonderful experience.
Bad place
Aviation Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJuly 21, 2017
Lied about Job description, never did what I was told I would do, a lot of racism and sexism. A lot of favoritism was showed. Soldiers who worked late and did their jobs were treated horribly, while people who did not do their job was praised.
Productive opportunies for a successful future!
Military Intelligence Systems Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 21, 2017
The Army can take a high-school graduate and turn them into a highly-trained, disciplined member of the world's work force. We can handle long hours, tough conditions and bad food.

You can rely on a veteran to get the job done, no matter the circumstances.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Pay, Leave, Mentorship, Personal Training
Cons
N/a
Awesome Experience
Chaplain Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 21, 2017
As a chaplain assistant, I was able to learn more about culture than any other job. I learned the value of freedom, religious freedom, American Freedom, and personal freedom. I was able to travel and meet so many different people. I learned to appreciate what we have here in America...despite the declining society we live in.
Pros
Got to travel the world
Army Life
First Sergeant, 10th Mountain Division (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 21, 2017
A great organization to work for, the best place start and build on a long career. Atypical day at work begins with early morning physical training, which sets the tone for the day. each soldier goes through advanced individual training, where they learn their particular Military Occupational Specialty. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is deployments. The most enjoyable part is getting to work with America's sons and daughters and all the diverse cultures that are in the Army.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Deployments and long hours
Taxing and non-stop work
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (91B) (Current Employee) –  JBLM, WAJuly 21, 2017
Under a medical company with military ambulances, there was never a lack of work. Whether it was caused by mechanical issues, Driver fault or Lack of use.
Pros
GUaranteed Job and living conditions
Cons
Miscommunication and overworked at times
Excellent
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 21, 2017
I enjoyed the army very fast paced and upbeat. Not for people who can't constantly be moving. The army teaches discipline and self pride. You can truly succeed in the army with tons of benefits.
great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJJuly 21, 2017
great place to work all employees were nice and organized. i would recommend this company to those who would like to apply. thanK you for the opporunity
Information Technology Specialist
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 21, 2017
Great energy, respect, and attitude to workers in the office on a day to day basis. Flexible hours, abundant amount of vacation days and assistance with any unfamiliarity.
It's the Army
Human Intelligence Collector / Linguist (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJuly 21, 2017
It's tough but exciting work. Lots of standing around, doing nothing, until something happens and you go out there to defend your country. 10/10 would risk life for liberty again.
Pros
Defend the country
Cons
Sometimes they shoot back
Fun and exciting
63W10 Heavy Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  U.S. ArmyJuly 21, 2017
The ability to defend my country was first, also the ability to learn different types skills was a must. The hardest part was that at some different time the ability to rest was not a priority. Meeting new people from all over the country was one of the fun parts.
Pros
Traveling, visiting other countries
Great Experience
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 21, 2017
A great place to work if you want to obtain numerous types of skills. learn a lot of good qualities such as leadership skills and accountability. a good first job
benefits
Cons
long strenous hours
I liked the Army
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 21, 2017
work 9-5 mon - fri.
learned HR skills and management skills.
30 days paid vacation per year.
late nights sometimes.
I don't know what else you want??????????
Pros
benefits, education, salary
Cons
tough work, long days, you go to war
Productive and Disciplinary workplace
Wheel Vehicle Mechanic/Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 21, 2017
I had two jobs while I was enlisted in the military, I was a Mailroom Clerk as well as a Diesel Mechanic. Both of my jobs consisted of many standards and regulations. The most enjoyable part of both jobs was getting to know different people from different backgrounds.
Life Changing Experience
CBRN Specialist (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJuly 21, 2017
They say you get what you put in. Well, it helped to know what I was expecting to get out of it. I don't regret my time at all. It's a bittersweet farewell. There's just nothing else in this world like it.
Pros
Cons
Typical Job Stuff
Commitment and Duty
Nodal Network Systems Operator-Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 21, 2017
If I was asked if I could re-enlist, I would have to think about that one for a strong minute! I enjoyed every minute of it except for us having to hurry up and wait... haha but Do it or Don't, I don't care.
Pros
Join the Army and find out for yourself
Cons
Join the Army and find out for yourself
Sargent
Sargeant (Former Employee) –  U.S and GermanyJuly 21, 2017
Early AM work that was rewarding
Learned many different life skills and responsibily
Was a good experience right o0ut of high school
Taught discipline
Pros
Learned many life skills
Cons
was away from home and missed family
Daily Life
Senior Communication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 21, 2017
Military life is not difficult. Anyone can be successful by following three simple rules. Be in the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform. You follow those simple rules, you will be successful in the U.S. Army.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Progression
Us army
Unit Supply Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 21, 2017
I am glad that I was able to serve on Active duty and to learn as much as I did. I am still in the Reserves and I look forward to retiring. I have had the opportunity of a lifetime to see the world while on active duty.
Pros
knowledge, travel, paid time off, holidays off
Cons
sometimes stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4