U.S. Army
15,435 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Great way to start my career.
Avionics Mechanic/Aircraft Electrician (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 22, 2014
Joining the army was a great decision for me, I got to learn a great job and gain a lot of experience that I can use when I get out on the civilian side.
It's an honor to serve for your country.
First Sergeant (Former Employee), variedJuly 22, 2014
The military is a family itself. Unless you have served it is very hard to describe. They are there for each other. I enjoyed and loved my time in the military.
Really enjoyed my time in.
Information Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 22, 2014
I have traveled around the world. I really had a great time in Iraq and Germany. Great place to learn from a lot of different people and get to have a family for life.
Productive and learned a lot.
Private (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 22, 2014
Pros: friendly enviornment
I enjoyed all the details of working a construction site, and learning the small things it takes to make the big picture come to life.
U.S. Army
Staff Sergeant (E-6) (Former Employee), Ft. Campbell, KYJuly 22, 2014
Overall experience in the military was a 8 out of 10. You learn a lot and gain experience in things you wouldn't of thought you would have unless experiencing them yourself. Management of the military could be much better.
It's the Army
Civil Affairs Specialist (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free meals! healthcare is (obviously) second to none - a sick, frail fighting force won't be very effective. great camaraderie, esprit de corps, mission-specific training.
Cons: work/life balance. near impossible to properly raise a family.
All of the stereotypes are pretty much true. Except for the screaming drill sergeants; they don't exist after training. Granted, if you're useless, you'll be screamed at, but I think we can all agree that useless people sometimes deserve screams.

I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent in the Army, and would not discourage anyone who was interested in – more... enlisting. That said, I would also not encourage anyone who wasn't interested. It is definitely not for everyone. – less
best job ever
Aircraft Electrical & Component Repair Supervisor (Former Employee), worldwideJuly 22, 2014
requires dedicated military lifestyle, but great experience to be had that will help outside the military
Military Service
Helicopter Maintainer (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, vacation, travel
Cons: possible war
Worked on helicopters and got to see different part of the world. Enjoyed my 8 yrs of service
fast pace, challenging, befinficail work enviornment
(92F) supply specialist (Former Employee), fort. campbell ky.July 22, 2014
Pros: benifits packages
Cons: long strenuous work hours
the us army is vary fast pace sink or swim organization in witch you will learn various skills in leadership and different job skills that will set you up for success in the civilian sector. I loved serving in the United States Army under Active Duty.
Excellent profeesional opportunities
Medical and Safety Operations Manager (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 22, 2014
An outstanding organization with excellent training, career advancement and benefits.
great
Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 22, 2014
enjoyed all the traveling. physical training. management was hard but fair in most cases. hardest part of job was constant relocating. learned valuable skills in leadership and shop management.
excellent
Generation Technician (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: danger
Greatest job in the world, nothing compare to the rush of serving.
Productive workplace, good comraderie
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), FT Polk LouisianaJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free medical, free physical fitness, travel
Cons: baby-sitting other adults, being deployed five times.
I enjoyed serving my country as a soldier in the US Army for 14 yrs. I will be leaving the army as a SGT/E-5, I have a vast amount of experience in the Petroleum Supply field, as well certifications in the Hazmat, and Environmental laws, and procedures.
An experience in itself
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 22, 2014
Great benefits, very diverse. If it were not for my child, I would stay in.
a great place to start
Supervisory Medical Technician (Current Employee), Troy, MIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: nurses stuck in their ways
This was my first job outside of the military and it was a great stepping stone to what civilian healthcare was like.
it's the Army.
SGT. - Infantryman (Former Employee), GermanyJuly 22, 2014
Army life 25/7 fast paced, always something that can be done.
I loved the military!
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: training, friends, free ammo.
Cons: field excersize planning.
I can't say anything bad about the U.S ARMY , I think everyone should do at least two years. I just needed a change.
job was great it helped me physically and mentally to grow as a person.
11/B INFANTRYMEN (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: staying physical for job, having the right gear for anything coming up for duty.
Cons: n/a
Days at work was really high motivating work was really intense at most times during training . i learned work was suppose to be time for learning and team leading, leaders had to have a such high role up on young recruits. always being on time and having proper equipment along with gear being prepared for work made things safe for others and myself – more... having to be physically prepared for anything. for me the hardest part of the job was the best part of the job putting all the training to use making sure all things worked just like they did during training showing the top leaders you were always fit for duty and always willing to do more to help others. – less
Highly motivated individuals accomplishing any tasks.
12B Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: serving you country
You are constantly learning new things about your specific job, or another job. Have to always maintain accountability of equipment and make sure it is serviceable. A typical day starts at 6:30 a.m. with physical training for an hour. Vehicle maintenance for 3 hours, then lunch. Afternoon tasks vary depending on the mission. There is no hard part of – more... the job, just staying motivated and its a piece of cake. – less
Military
Chaplain Assistant - Supply Assistant (Current Employee), Massachusetts, WorcesterJuly 21, 2014
Pros: a big family
Cons: getting 2 hours of sleep in a day
Days are always demanding but the work that is done is rewarding. Man and woman i serve with are very special.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more