U.S. Army
21,424 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

Soldier
Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Watertown, NYApril 26, 2015
Loved being in the Military, great pay and benefits. spent 16 years in the military, had great promotion ability. Seen the world many times.
Productive Workplace
Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAApril 25, 2015
• Established, maintained and operated radio and wire communications and speech security equipment including encoding and decoding of messages using CEOI
• Prepared and maintained daily staff journal, fire support situation map, status charts, capability overlay, and other fire support and target processing records
• Assisted in ensuring the safety and security of more than 200 residents within a combat outpost in Spin Boldak, Afghanistan and Kandahar, Afghanistan
• Assisted in initiating requests for field artillery, mortar, naval gunfire, and aerial delivered munitions
• Operated and performed operator maintenance on section vehicles and generators, including a Stryker vehicle, totaling more than $4 million in government inventory
Tremendous Skills Taught
Senior subject matter expert (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 25, 2015
Pros: Cutting edge technology
Cons: Long deployments
Exciting and excellirating!!! The ability to advance and obtain life skills in a structured environment. The opportunity to give back to your country and to make it safe. Greatest co-workers, leaving no man behind. Hardest part sometimes being away from family for long periods of time. Most enjoyable the opportunity to have a meaninful career.
Great team to work with, busy interactive lifestyle
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Great Pay and Benefits, adequate lunch breaks, steady and motivated work environment
Cons: Submitting tasks in a short time frame.
I enjoyed my time serving with my unit in the U.S Army. I would do Physical Training from 6:30am to 7:45am every day then begin my duty day at 9am. I would file paperwork, order and receive supplies and equipment then issue it to the company. I worked on my military vehicle on Monday mornings from 9am to 12pm then proceed to work on paperwork in the office. I would organize and file personnel files and other important paperwork from that day. I learned how to work with a team and gain great leadership skills. My co workers were an outstanding group of soldiers and really worked hard to work as a team and make the work load easier on each other. The hardest part of the job was making sure tough tasks were submitted in a short time frame. The most enjoyable part of the job was the acknowledgement I received for working so hard and staying dedicated and motivated.
Awesome opportunities for career advancement!
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Killeen, TexasApril 25, 2015
Awesome opportunities for career advancement! You will travel and meet many new people from around the world. With constant training and deployments you will have minimal family time.
Very good expiernce to learn a trade a travel
Flight Operation Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Drum New YorkApril 25, 2015
Pros: Benafits, steady income, travel
Cons: Spend time away from family for long periods.
Great experience seeing and learning many things in the army not just my job as and Avaition Operations Specialist. I learned to manage multiple task while also learning to supurvise, lead, and teach co workers day to day to perform the jobs i have learned over my expiernce. I enjoye every bit of my job but leaving home for months at a time is the hardest part.
Be all that you can be
Patient Admin/Surgical Tech Soldier (Current Employee), Landstuhl Regional Medical CenterApril 25, 2015
Pros: Job security, family feel
Cons: No free will to come and go as you please
The US Army is a phenomenal organization that helps individuals to dig deep and grow, from boy to man, girl to woman, self to group. It's great to build confidence and leadership skills.
Job Stability; Discipline
Intelligence Analyst/Linguist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 25, 2015
Work demands sometimes made it hard to have time for family
Learned how to work with all types of people
Took a leadership course and then mentored soldiers under me
Great job for young people looking for adventure and maturity
Team Lead (Former Employee), Multiple locationsApril 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits can't be beat
Cons: Working in harsh weather conditions
Most people don't look at the military as a job, but that's what it is. Obviously, there are some challenges and adventures to be had, but at the end of the day, it's a job. The benefits can't be beat, including free room and board, 3 health meals a day, full medical, dental, life insurance, and college paid for while on active duty and benefits after active duty, naming just some of the perks. With all of the conflict around the world, the chance that you will get deployed in some foreign land and have to fight for your country is a known job hazard. However, the people, for the most part, in all branches are quality people. It used to be that only the bottom 10% of the culture served in the military, but truth be told, the bottom 25% of Americans would probably not even qualify to serve in today's military. The hardest part of this job are the countless hours spent in harsh, outside conditions, training to do your job in a combat environment. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, was the opportunity to move to new places and experience other cultures all over the globe. One does not know how good s/he has it, until one has seen how the rest of the world works and lives. I would say that most police officers have it harder than most members of the military, so if you're considering law enforcement, you might want to look into the Reserves or National Guard first.
Daily Duties and Scope
Team Leader / Instructor / Food Inspector (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NC; Fort Lewis, WA; Fort Benning, GAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Extensive knowledge about the food industry, inspection, safety, and security.
Cons: Too many deployments and not enough time to advance or develop myself professionally.
A typical day on duty in the Army included accountability for all soldiers, equipment, operations, and training. I learned valuable skills such as time management, conflict-resolution, and leadership.

I worked with soldiers of varying ranks and positions, typically working for Doctors of Veterinary Medicine, Environmental Health, and Entomologists.

The hardest part of my job at that time was to complete all mission requirements with zero failure, and to remain competitive for promotion to higher rank and increased positions of responsibility. It can be difficult to balance both.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I saw my soldiers excel and achieve goals that they didn't think they could. This was achieved by daily training and preparation.
Duty – Fulfill your obligations.
Equipment repairer and Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAApril 25, 2015
I was instilled these values and I will carry them to the rest of my career:

Loyalty – Bear true faith and allegiance to your unit, and other soldiers.
Duty – Fulfill your obligations.
Respect – Treat people as they should be treated.
Selfless Service – Put the welfare of the nation, the US Army, and your subordinates before your own.
Honor – Live up to US Army values.
Integrity – Do what's right, legally and morally
Personal Courage – Face fear, danger, or adversity (physical or moral)
Demanding
88M Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 25, 2015
Jobs require that the army is in control of your life while you are in, its very demanding and can cause stress. Benfits are the best part of the job.
The military
Human Intelligence Collector (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZApril 24, 2015
Everyone is there for the same end result, not everyone comes in for the same reasons. You work long and you work hard with great benefits; when you have great work ethics, it sounds good enough. I loved meeting so many different people, diversity is not an issue. Management will make sure you have what you need. I learned interrogation techniques that will help me prosper wherever I go for the the rest of my life. I will always take that training in gratitude.
great people, experience, resources, benefits
Field Artillery Crewmember (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSApril 24, 2015
but bad if you are married with kids, join the guard or reserves if you are doing it for college. deploying sucks but you get an hour and a half paid lunch daily when you are stateside, just keep in mind there is no such thing as overtime in the active military if they want you to stay until midnight you dont make an extra dime.
Secure Job
Signals Intelligence Analyst 98C (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood MissouriApril 24, 2015
Its the ARMY. You get good exercise, good moral values and this job will make you appreciate everything and take little for granted.
Military life is not for everybody. But I enjoyed it!!!
Sergeant First Class (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Job was study and the pay.
Cons: None
You learn so much about yourself and how to deal with real problems i.e. new job, responsible, how to care for yourself and your fellow soldiers. Days are long, approximately 10 hours or more. The most enjoyable part of this job was traveling from country to country. But coming back home to the United States was the best. The hardest part was being apart from your love ones.
Leadership is starting to get weak.
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Hunter Army Airfield, GAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Time away from family, Toxic leadership
Physical training from 6:30 to 7:30. Work from 9-5 depending on what your job is, your day will change from day to day. The rank structure is very strict and you will be standing in formation for long, ridiculous periods. The justice system is also messed up and a lot of the buildings and equipment are outdated.
I like the diversity of the patients we serve and the staff I work with
Staff RN (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 24, 2015
This is a great place to learn, as a teaching hospital they are open to helping you learn whatever you are interested in.

Like any healthcare facility they encourage doing more with less which leads to frustration and burn out. They demand the same extra duties to be completed without giving the usual administrative time to complete it. your evaluation is based on these extra duties. to get an exceeds requires you to come in on your day off to attend monthly staff meetings. an exceeds comes with a bonus only pending availability of funds so this is not a guarantee.
My biggest frustration is working as a civilian with military mentality in leadership.
Taught me alot about keeping your word
Track Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: Service to the country
Cons: Loss of connection with family
Physical Training was good
Deployment good if your not in a relationship
A lot of teamwork to meet bosses expectations
coworkers where pretty loyal
hardest part of the job was waking up at three in the morning to do a job getting off at seven and then going back to work at eleven after a full day of work
Brigade Aviation Element NCOIC (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 24, 2015
Early mornings and late evenings for inspections of flight records and correspondence of flights. Instant connection with pilots and personnel in flight operations to run everything smoothly.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries