U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 29,808 reviews matching the search
I enjoy working in this work envoirnmetn
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoMay 5, 2016
Being a Human Resources specialist in the Army has helped me grow personally and also professionally, it has given me knowledge and convidence
Its the Army your dedicating your life to it
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 5, 2016
The Army as a whole is a separate world, an almost secret society, that civilians just wouldn't comprehend without experiencing it. Regardless of your Military Occupational Specialty (MOS), yoru paid the same. Removing the "I make X dollars" sense of pride and replacing it with "I'm a 92Y and proud of it!"

Its the demands are heavy, you will move often you will deploy and you will leave your family. This is the toughest part. It takes a dedicated and strong spouse, and an even stronger BOND to sustain a healthy relationship.

The leadership is stern, but fair. At times brash, but necessary. The Military is open to different forms and styles of leadership infact its encouraged that one experiments with varying leadership styles.

YOU WILL NOT FIND A DEEPER BOND AS FAR AS CO-WORKERS GO.

Soldiers are battle buddies for life. Whether your in or your a Veteran if you find yourself next to a Soldier, an Airman, A Corpsman, or a Seaman that bond is there.

The hardest part is coping with that possibility of, or experiencing a war related injury.

The most rewarding aspect is the entire experience. You would not understand until after the experience is over.
Pros
Education opportunities, travel, fitness incentives, limitless upward mobility, job security, paid vacation (some free travel), cultural exposure.
Cons
High demand on personal time, adherence to a strict standard in professionalism and appearance.
Pretty widespread but not the most people friendly
Korean Cryptologic Linguist/Signals (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMay 5, 2016
Good family benefits depending on where you are stationed, but overall a super low wage for all the specialized work you do, and not the job you want to be in if you like to spend time with your family. Most of the people are great to work with but locations can be pretty terrible, and I think the treatment of employees and families has a lot of room for improvement. Also, gives the most vacation time of any job, but you have to be able to use it for that to matter (especially if you are tactical or deployed)
Pros
Military Discounts, becoming part of a huge brother/sister hood
Cons
Not much sleep, crazy formation times, can really be a grind
Recruiting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 4, 2016
Great place to work. Able to work with team players and dedicated professionals.Can be stressful environment and maybe put in position with extremely stressful situations. Your ability to be resilient, motivated and goal oriented will help you be a professional in this area.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Deployment
Best Organization in the World
Senior Army Officer (Current Employee) –  Serivce WorldwideMay 4, 2016
Value based organization which provides service to the nation. Best leader development organization. Prepares soldiers to serve in the civilian sector upon completion of service.
Captain, U.S. Army
Captain (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAMay 4, 2016
My last assignment in the Army was a Captain in an infantry unit. Work hours were long often times 12-15 hours a day. As an officer and Ranger in the army you learn job skills that you cannot compare to what most civilians do on a day to day basis. The hardest part of the job were the long hours and time spent away from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to see the world and serve my country.
Pros
service to my country, close relationships built, benefits
Cons
long hours time spent away from family.
Black Hole
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMay 4, 2016
If you plan on making a career out of the Army, do not let this place influence your opinion on how the Army is. The city of El Paso isn't terrible but not at all where i would want to live by choice.
great productive and instructional job
U.S Army Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMay 4, 2016
wake up and sign in
first formation
roll call
break for truck inspection
turn in dispatch papers for inspections
vigorous training no matter weather conditions
Pros
Insurance, free lunch, great life experience
Infantryman
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMay 4, 2016
Its a very fun job with great perks. There will be some people you dont like but that the same with any job. lots of fun when deployed not so much in garrison.
Great work place
Contract Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work is structured; beginning with physical training and working the rest of the day from your office maintaining contracts. The most enjoyable part of my job is constant interaction with people. The hardest part is the daily change to policies and rules in the contracting world. The Army is an outstanding institution and I plan on retiring as a service member.
Best organization to ever be a part of
Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 4, 2016
Typical work includes doing what your told and following orders.
Learned discipline, patience, the importance of a strong body and mind, value of working in teams and effective teamwork. Also how to lead and be a leader of a group as well as a supportive team member
Management varies
Co-workers vary from being great helpers to useless team members
Hardest part is the hours
Most enjoyable part is the camaraderie between soldiers.
Pros
Total compensation for a National Guard soldier is appropriate
Cons
Pay is not great, but helps
best years of my life
Tactical Aviation Control Team Leader (Former Employee) –  APOMay 4, 2016
I had the most fun in my life traveling the world in the Army. Would recommend it for anyone. Just make sure you start your VA paperwork before you get out!
productive and professional work environment.
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic. (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMay 4, 2016
I have enjoyed these past 3 years in the military. There was so much That I have learned, but there is always room for more.
very stimulating and controversial. Always having to come up with new ideas and ananlyze concepts.
Horizontal Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMay 4, 2016
A day in the military is anything but typical. My days often revolved around getting up in the early morning, doing my physical fitness routine, eating breakfast and spending the day out in the field or training in a classroom. We did a lot of job-specific training, like Construction projects and a lot of paperwork. but on the other hand, we did a lot of combat training, doing simulations for scenarios from moving in a convoy to clearing buildings. We also spent a lot of time in classrooms going over rules of engagement and laws of war. It all depended on what was planned for that day. So everyday was something different. Always Kept you on edge with something different. As far as management went, it depended on your rank and what we were doing at the time, so it was always likely to change a lot. The hardest part about being in the service in my opinion is dealing with the extreme stress levels constantly. You have to really be able to adapt to any situation at any time. But on the other hand the military has taught me some valuable things such as to always look sharp, take good care of your people, Assemble diverse teams to get a range of perspectives, Be willing to listen to everyone, Invest in relationships for the long term, Stay calm under pressure, Act decisively even with limited information, Lead with integrity, and Give 100% of your effort. From the years I have spent serving my country the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my job the best I could.
Pros
free college, guaranteed paycheck, paid vacation, good health care, and traveling.
Cons
Being Far Away From Friends And Family
Professional Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAMay 4, 2016
Very high tempo operations.
Learned how to manage time wisely and handle stress better
Very focused on team work and helping each other.
Productive environment and great comradery
Staff Sergeant, Fire Direction Chief (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 4, 2016
I learned the benefits of having people you can rely on at your side and the amazing feats you can accomplish while working together. The management always seemed to have your back and and supported everything you decided to do as long as it was within compliance with regulation.
Pros
People, hours, family oriented
Cons
deployments
Great life experience
Operations and Plans Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 4, 2016
The different challenges on a daily basis allow one to learn diverse things and acquire many vital skills. It is a wonderful opportunity to visit many countries and learn about different people.
Great Career
Military Police officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 4, 2016
The Army helped prepare me for my future, showed me responsibility and leadership. It made me into a better person and gave me the experience I need to make in in the civilian workforce
Its the Army
Staff Sargent (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 4, 2016
Its everything I thought it was and nothing like I expected. I have enjoyed time in the service and will always value my time. I have great sense of Pride in what I accomplished.
Pros
Travel all over the worl
Cons
travel all over the world
Great career choice
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GeorgiaMay 4, 2016
Best thing about the Army is change. I was able to constantly changes locations and jobs. The Army asked a lot of me and family but has provided an enormous amount of support in return. The hardest part was deployments and leaving my family. The most enjoyable part was the close relationships I've made.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Deployments

4.4