U.S. Army Employee Reviews

high paced intensity driven organization
25U Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COOctober 18, 2017
great for the time i was in. leadership has gone down alot. not looking out for the joes anymore. but overall a grand experience. PT is always good for people to stay healthy.
Pros
benifits
Cons
bad leadership
Life experience
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 18, 2017
Your day starts early and ends late. The bond that is created with your brother in arms is more than worth it. Defienetly a growing experience. Deployments are not the same from before so traveling the worlld is really an option now.
Pros
health care, life insurance, learning experiences
Cons
early to rise
Challenging
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKOctober 18, 2017
Must be flexible, creative at times, adaptable, motivated and outgoing. Become part of a team. Foster a professional working environment. Respect others and their beliefs.
Pros
An orginaztion that will be there for you.
Cons
May have to be away from family.
Join up today!!!
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIOctober 18, 2017
The Army is the best!!! I had to leave due to medical issues that I got while deployed. It's so much fun and rewarding. The benefits are great too!!!!
Was the best place ever
Paratrooper/ Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 18, 2017
This was the best easiest job. You can show up at the right time and right uniform and you are good to go. The benifits were awsome and the job was easy!
I do not recommend the army
Team Leader/Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAOctober 18, 2017
Although I had a decent experience with the army, I do not recommend it to anyone. Do not take my word on your choice of life decisions, however, i believe you need to consider it before you fallow through with it.
Hated it.
Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 18, 2017
I joined because it was in my family. The unit I ended up in was very poorly managed. They also made it very hard to make advancements in your military career, which is really the whole point of joining.
Great place to work for and would recommend itvto any one.
Convoy Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXOctober 18, 2017
Loved my place of work and got along well with others. Very large company. I had to travel for weeks sometimes but it was all paid for. I was deployed to another country and did not speak the language. That was difficult but i managed.
Pros
They were allways looking to promote.
Cons
Time away from the family was not by choice (sometimes)
Great Opportunity for Professional Growth
Plans and Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 18, 2017
Working in the U.S. Army is a life-changing experience. There are always opportunities for professional development but a strong balance in personal growth.
Pros
excellent support and benefits
Cons
frequent long hours
Nothing further to comment
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 18, 2017
Nothing further to comment on the us Army other than the stuff you see on TV, fighting wars, helping foreign countries and notions to re-establish democracy
Opportunity
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Benning, GAOctober 18, 2017
Multiple training opportunities. Traveled the world. Excellent benefits with fully paid health insurance and 401k program. 30 days paid vacation per year.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
uncertain hours
good luck
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 18, 2017
be sure that joining a organization that total control of your work and personal life is what you want . it is a very physical and time demanding job , ask questions.
Never the same thing twice
Staff-Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 18, 2017
Excellent line of work for those just out of high school/college especially if you are uncertain of where to go next. Learn valuable skills and benefits for life.
Pros
Excellent benefits, family taken care of well.
Cons
Time away from family such as on deployments, field exercises, etc.
Great
Tow/Dragon Missile Repairer (Former Employee) –  Germany, Washing state, GaOctober 18, 2017
Supervising troop
how to deal with different people from all walks of life
they were good most of them
nice
leaving good people
mission accomplishment
served 12 years, can't put into words at this moment it will take hours to say all I would like to say
Be All That You Can Be
Supply Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 18, 2017
My career in the Army was not what I thought it was going to be. All images and cinema pegged it way different. I had to advise my mother during a conflict/war that the army is not "Mash" there is no person called "Radar". It was real and it was like a business outside of any battles. I came into my position as a result of being able to type and operate computers. I loved the position and some others were a bit jealous. I got out of a lot of details or gun ranges, and even some marches, all as a result of working with Captains, Majors and Colonels.
Hard Work
Recruiting Center Leader (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAOctober 18, 2017
Hard Work, long hours, but very rewarding in the end. Not for the faint of heart. If you want to serve your country, then the Army has more opportunities than any other branch.
toxic work enviorments
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 18, 2017
extremely unnecessarily stressful, the lower enlisted soldiers are no treated fairly, the are belittled and berated on a daily basis. Leaders put unnecessary stress on subordinates.
Cons
long unpredictable hours
Various experiences
Avenger Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAOctober 17, 2017
The Army was fun from my time in from the mid 90's to the mid 2000's. I would recommend the Army to those that want to have an adventure but be sure to pick a job you can use in the civilian world when you get out.
The army is either for you or it’s not. I loved it. But I love being with my family more.
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSOctober 17, 2017
Other than the absence of family members, it’s a great job/career. Great benefits and VERY competitive pay! The army is great. But I just don’t agree with the high deployment rates.
Great for all young
Staff Sargent (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 17, 2017
This should be a requirement after graduating high school. It teaches respect, responsibility, and a future for everyone. It's also good to send juveniles here if they get into trouble.it will make the parents very proud and the young
Pros
Life
Cons
Hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4