U.S. Army
21,560 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

Productive and very professional enviroment for growth
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMay 1, 2015
Pros: stability
Cons: away from family
Very good enviroment to work in if you like working with people. I enjoyed myself every minute and loved the experince that i was able to capture while there.
Review
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 1, 2015
I love lending a helping hand and helping others when needed. I'm really good at talking to people especially in rough situations. I love to work and be responsible for big tasks. I have no problem with stepping up or going out of my way to help someone else.
Honor, integrity, confidence, leadership
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Moundsville, WVMay 1, 2015
Pros: training, experience, pride
Cons: n/a
I had the chance to challenge myself both mentally and physically every single day. I learned to work with people from all walks of life, respect for diversity, appreciation for teamwork. I traveled, heard some of the most inspirational speakers. I participated in Special police teams, and was the suicide prevention officer for one of the largest US military installations. The confidence I gained and the knowledge are both things one can only get from a military experience.
Very unique setting and unique people to work with.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 1, 2015
Unforgettable time during my time stationed at Fort Campbell. I learned many things about my job, from replacing engines to transmission to simple service jobs.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: medical and dental coverage
A fast paced environment where I enjoyed working with numerous individuals with different backgrounds. Supervised daily operations of the organizations decentralized and centralized promotions, legal, administrative actions, evaluations, awards and decorations, and finance actions. I really enjoyed working with the individuals that I encountered throughout the day and miss the camaraderie.
army life
Tactical vehicle mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMay 1, 2015
Pretty standard pt to start, everyday is a run day. 0900 work call with 12 noon lunch. All work all the time. 1700 close of business. standard army lif in between
Military Analyst
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 1, 2015
Served contract honorably and looking forward to the next chapter in my life. Obtained life-long skills, leadership, and discipline characteristics.
Closing
Property and Procurement Manager (Former Employee), JBL, WAMay 1, 2015
The Army is a valuable experience. It teaches you discipline and strong work ethic. The job of a logistician is not glamorous and the hours are long, but you gain valuable insight on the business processes of the DoD.
Great learning experience
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 1, 2015
Pros: Experience, Bennifits
Cons: Schedule
Military service has permanently changed my life in many ways. I will always remain grateful for the experience I have gained and for the opportunity to lead soldiers as a Non Commissioned Officer in the U.S. Army.
Long hours, Fun, fast past, rewarding, demanding.
Squad Leader (Former Employee), LA, Germany, NyMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free meals, Housing, Payed vacations
Cons: Long and unpredictable hours. No one really cares how you feel
Being a infantry man in the US Army Is a mentally and physically challenging Job but can be very rewarding. I learned How to land navigate, operate and talk on radios, lead and control teams, operate mortar systems and mortar control systems.
Very Structured work place, chance to travel to different countries
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), TX, CO, GA, HI, Korea, Iraq and AfghanistanMay 1, 2015
Pros: Additional Pay for food and housing. Also very good Medical and Dental
Cons: Long work hours on occasions, deployment to hostile areas for up to 18 months at a time
I enjoyed my 20+ years of active duty, I was able to see several different countries, advancement opportunities were available and was able to take advantage of them.
I enjoyed my time in the Army
Counterintelligence Special Agent (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Time away from family
The Army is like the rest of life, it's what you make of it. Some units have great leadership, others not so much but nothing compares to the sense of camaraderie you feel as a member of the military.
Supervise and refine logistics operations
Motor Vehicle Operator (Current Employee), Draper, UTMay 1, 2015
Constantly interact with numerous vendors and military personnel. Operate equipment and haul various merchandise to locations across the state.
Taught morale, life lessons, hard work, and more.
Team Leader / Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYMay 1, 2015
Pros: Diversity, chance to succeed, job security, benefits, bonding and sense of a brotherhood
Cons: Being away from home
I joined the military (US Army) immediately following high school and feel as though it definitely sent me on the correct path in life. I was given an opportunity to learn to interact with individuals from different cultures and ethnic backgrounds. Despite our differences, we'd all worked together for a greater good and something bigger than ourselves. The hardest part of my job was being away from my biological family. The most enjoyable part was the unforgettable bond and memorie, whether up or down, that I've shared with my new found family (co workers.)
Great company with lots of knowlageable co-workers
Power Generation/Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Hood TexasMay 1, 2015
Pros: Compensation, Moral, Fast Paced
I maintained and regularly serviced our companies power generators and motor pool's vehicles. It required lots of effort and knowledge, but we were always motivated to face obstacles and tasks each day.
great organization to work for
Sergeant/Supervisor/Squad Leader (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: great travel
Cons: one may die for their country
The U.S. Army allowed me to see and travel the world on the government dime. I was able to interact with diverse cultures and learn from them.
Army
Aircraft Powerplant Repairer Team Leader (Former Employee), Wheeler AAF, HawaiiApril 30, 2015
Can be hard at time. Work and life balance is very difficult. Have to follow very specific SOP's and other rules. But the people you work with can be great.
Working with different people and traveling.
MECHANIC (Former Employee), Crestview, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Traveling and meeting different people
Cons: Having to stay away from my family for a long length of time.
I was a mechanic and I worked on trucks and generators.
The hardest part of my job was going to the field and staying up over 24 hours at a time. I enjoyed going to different countries and meeting different people and learning their customs.
Great Training
First Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: good benifits, good training
Cons: Long hours, no enough time with family
I learned a lot the 13 years I served some people are good leaders others not so much and being at work from 5am to 930pm especially for no good reason besides I don't know or because I said so is not a good way to keep people in the military.
Stressful but rewarding career
Director of Training & Operations (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 30, 2015
Great place to work, grow, and develop as a person.
Wouldn't trade my 26 years for any other type of career.
The relationships that are developed are life long.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries