U.S. Army

Best
Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  West LA, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Wake up early do pt
Eat breakfast
Stay in office and make coffee all day to stay awake
Talk to pilots
Sometimes get a black hawk ride
Pros
FREE FOOD AND COFFEE
Cons
BORING
Hard work, but honest.
13M (Artilary) (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 9, 2016
The Army had a lot to offer, but I felt like my best option however was to come home and stay home. They taught me a lot and I worked hard. It was good hard work. Very honest. They told you exactly what to do and you did it.
Senior Operations Manager
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GAFebruary 9, 2016
My day would start around 0600 am. I would arrive early so that I would be able to check my email and make any changes that would need to occur for the day. My day would usually include at least one to two training or staff meetings. I had up to six Noncommissioned Officers that worked for me. They would have to brief me on the status of their sections once in the morning and again in the afternoon. One of the hardest parts of my job was balancing time, personnel, and the availability of funds. The best part of my job was when I would finish a task on time, with no delays. 100% customer satisfaction.
Pros
The benefits.
Cons
Some days would be up to 16 hour workdays and I was on call 24/7.
Correctional Officer
Corrections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSFebruary 9, 2016
A typical work day consist of managing the movement of inmates as well as staff members entering and exiting the facility. The most important thing I learned in the Army is to be able to work together as a team. I also learned a great deal of what it takes to be a leader. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers and the sense of security I have knowing that they will back me up under any circumstance.
Pros
Job security.
Cons
Moving every three years.
Whole new life experience, totally changed my outlook on life.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day at the work consists of us getting up at 0700 for morning formation. From there we conduct PT which can be anything from log runs to snow shoe hikes. The rest of our day was usually pretty boring, consisting of weapon and gear layouts and much un needed standing around waiting to get let off from work.
Best part of the job was definitely deployment. Nothing could beat the feeling of getting into a firefight. You depend a lot on the brothers to your left and right and place your life in their hands while they do the same to you. One of the hardest things to do was see the upbringing that these children endured. They really had no chance and it was sad to see them struggle on a daily bases. But i will never forget the camaraderie and brotherhood we shared for each other while over there, that was one of the more difficult things too, getting out and pretty much losing all your brothers that you're used to seeing everyday, i guess it was something that was just unexplainably difficult that we all endured. But i wouldn't change a single thing about my experience in the Army, it definitely opened my eyes and showed me just what kind of world we live in.
Pros
Carried a machine gun, didn't pay taxes while deployed
Cons
long missions and walks, the heat got up to 156 degrees. We lost 3 of our comrades over in Afghanistan
Best place to work.
Capability Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAFebruary 9, 2016
The most fulfilling place to work in the world, where pride is number one. Teamwork is part of daily life. It's a way of life not a job.
Productive workplace
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIFebruary 9, 2016
There's always something different to do almost everyday while at work. The hardest part of the job is the fact that you cant plan far apart with dates.
Pros
Alot of Breaks
Cons
Away from family
Great Experience with Army Band
SPC in the U.S Army/2 ID Band (Former Employee) –  FortFebruary 9, 2016
I leraned so many things from ARMY band.
I played several great song with great arrange, and It was most exciting moment in my life.
i should have stayed
Truck Driver/Chemical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 9, 2016
This is the best job i've ever have, i should have stayed in. I was in a unit that kept changing and the promotion system was not right, but after i got out learned that i could have went to another unit.
fun and new challenges every day.
Cannon Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKFebruary 9, 2016
Nothing is ever the same. Had a lot of good times while on active duty. Find myself missing it more times then not. I would go back if i could, but my retirement keeps me from reenlisting.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
a lot time away from family
very rewarding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day in my position would be dealing with problems that arose and required immediate attention. I learned how to think on my toes and make sound decisions. Management consisted of making sure employees received their benifits and entitlements, and teaching them what was expected. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and we always worked side by side. The hardest part of my job was leaving my family, however, I would do it again if needed. The most enjoyable part was working as a team and completeing any task given to use.
Pros
Team cohesion.
Cons
Leaving my family.
Bulldogs
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 9, 2016
I loved working being in the Army! The culture is wonderful and the in-office perks are cool. From my experience on the MST team, I can see that there are lots of opportunities for growth!
wish i would have joined when i was 18
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAFebruary 9, 2016
wish i would have joined when i was 18. one of the best times of my life. awsome people and a awsome exp. they are hard on you sometimes for a reason.
teamwork is part of job
Signal analyst (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 9, 2016
loved working in the us army and learning a whole new set of team working skills as well as being part of something bigger than myself. I am proud to have been apart of my country's military and am grateful for all i have learned with my fellow enlisted men and women
Great working enviroment
Army Reserves (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 9, 2016
Being in the army taught me how to be resilient, to always have a positive mind set to move forward no matter what comes your way. The hardest part was being away and switching your life style to become a well trained soldier.
U.S. Army
Assistant Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 9, 2016
Great work experiences that can be carried over to a professional career in the civilian workforce. Provides great opportunity to develop and hone leadership skills.
Great oppurtunity
Civil Military Operations NCO (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 9, 2016
The Army is a great organization to be a part of. The leadership skills, and opportunities are limitless. The Army a great place to start your professional career.
Benefits
Cons
May spend time away from home
Army Review
HUMINT Collection Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Over the past 16 years the Army has undergone a lot of transformations. A typical day starts with 6:30 A.M. physical training, return to work at 9:00 A.M. Depending on what you job is you could be doing that or doing random task like area beautification. As A HUMINT Professional we cannot utilize our skills actively inside the United States, so we were either conducting training to keep or skills sharp or engaging in menial tasks around the company.
Wonderful place for opportunities and growth
92Y Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 9, 2016
The us army offers the opportunities for growth as well as the knowledge to support individuals as they transition out into the civilian world.
Having comrades in the armed forces are about more than being in the midst of co workers, it is and will always be about a brotherhood. Working with family is what makes this job enjoyable and having to leave them is what makes it the worst.
Loved working for the US Army
Senior Advisor and Group Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAFebruary 8, 2016
Love my time and experiences in the Army. Just did not want to move my family again. I would recommend the Army to anyone.
My day starts at 0410 and usually ends around 1800ish during garrison and while deployed it is a 24/7 job.
Pros
Teamwork and watching subordinates grow on their journey
Cons
missing family

4.5