U.S. Army

24.2K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

U.S. Army
Senior Healthcare Specialist, Afghanistan (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Service to the country, education, healthcare
I served in the US Army for 6 years and loved every minute of it. I would sign up again in a heart beat and do everything over again if I had the option.
All 6 years I served as a healthcare specialist and learned how to treat patients in varying levels of distress, and what a learning curve it was. I also learned to manage their families and how to properly talk to patients and describe medical treatments to them when they didnt fully understand.
A once in a lifetime experience.
Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), Oklahoma National GuardAugust 29, 2015
My experience has been full of meaningful experiences over the past 13 years with multiple deployments overseas and state disaster missions. My leadership qualities have been tuned through times of stress, life threatening times, and also day to day redundancies. I've adhered to the Army values and demonstrate them through my personality and day to day life.
I was a U.S. Army Infantryman.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Different locationsAugust 29, 2015
We trained for combat situations. I learned to pay attention to detail, how to communicate with others in stressful situations, and how to work as a team member.
Great learning experience, builds leadership and honor.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Ft. Lewis, Washington, Ft. Benning GeorgiaAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Guaranteed paycheck, lots of friends, lots of skills
Cons: Sometimes would not get three meals, time consuming, family and friend hard ships
On a typical day we would usually utilize our time to train in weapons training, combat training, leadership skills, physical exercise, getting ready for deployment, and making sure that our vehicles and equipment would be running great and in excellent condition to perform at their best. Most of the time we would go out to the field and do more advanced training in mock situations, go to shooting ranges, and mostly work on our vehicles to make sure they were in great condition at all times. On days we had nothing planned, it would be a majority of different chores to do around our unit, as far as mowing the lawns, cleaning the buildings, picking up trash, etc.
Infantry Sergeant Team Leader
Infantry Sergeant Team Leader (Former Employee), ColoradoAugust 29, 2015
Team Leader in Mechanized Infantry Platoon. Maintained accountability of all equipment, communications, training and mentoring of five man rifle squad. Responsible for personnel management and junior leader development. Directed team through tactical employment during offensive operations.
Financially Secure and a Skill Developer Job
Automated Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Hunter Army Airfield, GAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Medical Insurance, Pay security, vacation days
Cons: Too much time away from family
A typical day at work we receive trucks download them, segregate the pallets and identify where they are going, process them, issue the ones that are for customers, store and maintain our stock. We also conduct inventories and line maintenance.

I have learned all the sections in my warehouse. Five years of experience. I have also worked in a manger position in the stock control section and receiving section.

The job is very outgoing, what can make it hard is the disposition of the employees to do the job. Motivation and productivity are my main goals for a workday. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing all tasks and making sure supplies are delivered received or stored.
Effective, efficient, and fun workplace
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Fort Sam Houston, TXAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Working with proficient personnel and cross functional teams
Cons: Constant changes to policies and procedures
 A typical day at work consisted of processing, quality control, and submission of preliminary, reconsideration, and revised rating packets of Soldiers undergoing the Medical Retention Board Process to Veterans Affairs (VA) disability Rating Activity Site for disability ratings through the Safe Access File Exchange (SAFE) System; responsible for transferring 46% of the Army and 36% of the Department of Defense Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) caseload to Veterans Affairs.
 Some of the things I learned were how to verify and account for 100% of all cases sent and received through Veterans Tracking Application (VTA) by conducting weekly reports to create the development of conclusions resulting in correspondence between the Veterans Affairs and the Military Hospitals; determine completeness and accuracy of rating packets and initiate corrective action as required.
 Management included the development of a workflow analysis methods and improvement, tools and techniques, data types, methodologies, procedures, processes, and systems as related to the function mission, capabilities, and role for the above job description.
 My co-workers were more than proficient at analyzing the overall program for feasibility and resulting timeline statistics and at the same time providing recommendations and solutions to Command leadership for improvements.
 The hardest part of my job was patience while utilizing the automated Electronic Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) site and at the same token my most enjoyable part of the job was knowing we as a team, successfully sent the case to be processed with the known result of the Soldier being taken care of.
Great!
Airborne (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
Great! Excellent! Was some of the best times of my life. Couldn't have asked for a better career beginning. Miss it greatly.
A nice place to work
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 29, 2015
The on the job and classroom training that you will gain from this program is invaluable. I would recommend any young graduate looking to get into sales or management to go through this program.
Physical training
Senior Squad Leader / Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), NewYorkAugust 29, 2015
very educational disciplained and planned work days, I was on several deployments, definitely need more education on PTSD and awareness of when soldiers need help
A very versatile and interesting job
Power generation equipment repairman (Former Employee), Wahiawa HawaiiAugust 29, 2015
Check all generators for leaks proper, working condition, and service list for all generators due for a service. Learning experiences include learning how to read schematics, warning signs of a malfunctioning engine, electrical wiring and proper preventative maintenance. Worked hand to hand with co workers as a team player with enthusiasm. The hardest part of the job was leaving family for months and years at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with my hands and repair diesel equipment.
Best place in the world to mature and learn about yourself
Communication Supervisor (Former Employee), Texas, Hawaii , GermanyAugust 29, 2015
A place where every American should go to learn to defend their country so that we can excel at learning to take orders as well as give them in the time of need
ARMY
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSAugust 29, 2015
I woke up to serve and before I went to bed satisfied knowing that I helped a fellow brother/sister in their circumstances. The hardest part of being a soldier is just being away from family.
Productive When Organized right
Food Service Specialist, Supply, Security (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, Ky, Schofield Barracks, HIAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Easy job, Assertive istructions to operate equipment
Cons: Unorganized at times
A typical day of work is normally is to be at the right place and the right time. Then once that is accomplished you do what you are told and when you are told.
A responsible job
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAAugust 29, 2015
The army was a great experience. It taught me things daily such as, teamwork and communication skills. It pushes you to work hard and to set goals and to reach them.
Good steady work
Defense Travel System Manager (Current Employee), Wahiawā, HIAugust 28, 2015
Work varies by MOS, but every Soldier is subject to Clerical, Janitorial, and landscaping work. Plenty of growth opportunities and assignments all over the world.
hooah
Specialist (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 28, 2015
i love the army and i love serving my country. it takes hard working great people to join the service we workout and work in our field
Hard working but enjoyable place
Specialist (Current Employee), Fort hood, txAugust 28, 2015
Pros: discounts, events, duty for your country, too much to list
Cons: too much to list
show up to work in the morning for physical activity, personal hygiene, show up to find out what your going to do for that day and work on it.

Co-workers are friendly most of the time yet professional.

hardest part of the job is following orders that don't make sense to you and pretty much having blind faith in your leadership most of the time.

most enjoyable part is the feeling of accomplishment
Challenging and an experiment
Recruiter (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARAugust 28, 2015
Pros: good team work amongst co workers
Cons: not enough company vehicles
Very challenging position especially for the location. Learned how to adjust and adapt. Co workers were an inspiration to me. We mentored and gave advice to each other. Hardest part of the job was trying to recruit people in that location due to lack of criminal records, education level, etc. The most enjoyable part was meeting people that really wanted to make a difference in their lives, but they could not pass the required test. Their motivation and determination put a smile on my face.
great teambuilding job
Bulk Fuel Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Health benefits
Cons: dont know where your going
typical day starts with looking over what vehicle I am in charge of to see if it needed anything to be repaired. I learned team building skills and how to refuel airplanes. The hardest part was having to get up early.
Headquarters