U.S. Army
21,282 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

Army Career
Light Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAApril 20, 2015
I have learned a lot of valuable skills while serving in the United States Army. I enjoyed the time I served (14 years), I have been on four tours down range. I have met some great people while serving in the military. I also have had the pleasure of traveling to a lot of places. It was a great experience! I enjoyed my job as a Quartermaster and Chemical Repairer, and cross trained into a light wheel mechanic. I recently been honorably discharged from the Army, and I'am currently working on my new career.
Formation and physical fitness
Chemical Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Garanteed pay with benefits
Cons: Deployment, weekend and overnight duty, training away from home
Formation for physical fitness, Inventory equipment, provide maintenance on vehicles, sit around the motor pool for further instruction. The hardest part of this job was watching higher ranking people consistently get away with harassing and deliberately trying to destroy the lively of lower enlisted people simple because they had the power to do so. The hardest part of the job was being away from my family for long periods of time without receiving any overtime pay. Most enjoyable part of this job was having three and four day weekends off work.
RTO Life
Radio Telephone Operator (RTO) (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAApril 20, 2015
Do Physical Training
Change, eat breakfast, go to office
Work on and maintain equipment
Set up and train others on equipment
Every 3 months jump out an airplane or helicopter.
No home life
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Augusta, GaApril 19, 2015
Typical day
Sit at the motor pool or do lawn care

Ever watched to alpha male apes fight for dominates at the zoo?

hardest part of ther job
Zero home life
Up at 4 AM home at 9PM
Holidays were great, but its hard to see loved ones that are far away

best part of the job
the benefits
Busy and enjoyable workplace
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYApril 19, 2015
Pros: located in a newly renovated part of the hospital
Cons: no time for breaks and various issues combined with needed healthcare
On a typical day we see more than 150 patients and work to provide the highest customer service and pleasant visit. HIPPA is top priority as well as the overall satisfaction of the Military Member and his family. Busy environment from beginning to end. Work closely with Grant Programs by the March of Dimes to provide effective care during pregnancy and beyond. Work various positions throughout the clinic including front desk, emergency call contact person, data collection and statistical overall patient care in the clinic.
Job advancement possible, very good learning experience.
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Korea, Fort Bragg NCApril 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: Being away from family
Operated a warehouse, maintained inventory, serviced customers with their demands in a professional manner. I worked with hard working people who always strived to make the team better.
Team work, self discipline, selfless service
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYApril 19, 2015
Pros: launch break
Cons: problem solving, self discipline
• Team work
• Operations
• Machinist
• Conflict resolution
• Instruction
Productive and fun work place
Supply Specialist/Armor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 19, 2015
Great company to work for on a daily bases. The people where friendly and able to get along with. We where like a small family
Military position
Logistics Coordinator/Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VAApril 19, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of shipping and receiving of any Army supplies. I worked closely with coworkers and learned a lot each day.
Seeing the world
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), United States of AmericaApril 19, 2015
Pros: Seeing new places
Cons: being away from home
signing in on computer, checking appointment schedules, making phone calls, sending e-mails, top security clearance. filing, data entry. the hardest part of this job was being away from home. Seeing new countries that I would have never been able to do. Learning how to shot a gun.
Military Police
Military Police (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXApril 19, 2015
The Military Police is exactly like civilian law enforcement, but un like the civilian law enforcement we live by a triple standard. We not only have to be upheld with the responsibility as Police, but as professional soldiers and be expected to act as such during our off duty time. This is what it means to be Military Police.
Army Life
Executive Operations Officer (Current Employee), Frederick, MDApril 19, 2015
The Army is an excellent way to serve your nation. The camaraderie among your teams are unmatched. I would recommend all individuals serve at least two years.
Platoon SGT
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Savannah, GaApril 19, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Deployments
Great people and room for advancemnet its all up to you and your drive and how hard you work. The guys are for the most part great
Great place to start
Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee), ColoradoApril 19, 2015
Pros: 3 hots and cot, Discipline, Training
Cons: very small cog in the wheel
The army gives anyone a great set of life skills to begin their life. I think that everyone should do some time in the Army. Whether or not they continue is up to them, however the two to four years they have to start will teach them many valuable lessons.
US Military
8th Engineer Battalion (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 19, 2015
Performance while working in the US Military is as it is.
Most rewarding is to have served the country.
Service here I had 1 deployment to Iraq.
Good
FOOD SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAApril 19, 2015
Pros: ok
Cons: ok
Serves as a First Cook for Golf Company, 701st BSB, 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, a Forward Support Company of 2-32 Field Artillery Regiment; provides supervision and technical guidance for five Food Service personnel in the preparation and servicing of quality meals in garrison and field environments; requests, receives and accounts for Class I subsistence; responsible for the health, welfare, morale of five Soldiers; responsible for the accountability and maintenance of MTOE equipment worth in excess of $500,000
Great for all
Staff Sergeant ∙ Section Chief ∙ Inventory (Former Employee), Bamberg, West GermanyApril 19, 2015
Pros: Free medical and dental
Cons: Going to WAR But WAR is the business.
Great place for anyone who is not sure what they want to do with there life; in about 6 months the army will clear their heads.

Keeping your inventory clean and in good working condition.

Make sure all personal is present and accounted for.

Focus on the task at hand and know that your freedom may be at stake.

Meeting the greatest people in the world for life.
Excellent start to any carrer field
Section sergeant (Former Employee), Ft Riley, KsApril 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits reasonable salary
Cons: Constant relocation
A typical day at work consist of a variety of task whether it be routine preventive maintenance on heavy equipment to data management. I learned to be very flexible and well versed in a variety of subject areas. The hardest part of the job was the constant uncertainty of future events.
Best of all of the armed services
Helicopter Crew Chief (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYApril 18, 2015
Pros: Best employer in the world
Cons: Lots of time away from family
I spent several years in Special Operations. I learned about leadership and teamwork from the best of the best. Nothing can replace the experiences, both good and bad, that I encountered in the army.
Challenging and life rewarding
Veterinary Services (Former Employee), VariousApril 18, 2015
Pros: Travel, rewarding, education, healthcare
Cons: Long deployments
Fast paced and ever changing environment. Management styles are various as well as work styles which are dependent upon the unit and it's mission.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries