U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 40,621 reviews matching the search
Great Job, Great Benefits
Government Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft EustisJuly 19, 2017
Great Job, Great People, Great Benefits. The ability to telecommute was a nice bonus. A lot of promotion potential for a driven and focused person. I would work for the Army again
Be all you can be
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Killeen TxJuly 19, 2017
Its the army, nothing more nothing less. Not bad if you have a degree and go officer. If you have a good chain of command the military is a cake walk.
Us army
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 19, 2017
It was a good experience. I got to deploy to different places and travel and meet a lot of different people in the process. Easy to rank up if you have the drive to do so
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Long field excercises
Close knit work place
Food Service Specialist (92G) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 19, 2017
Its alright, its good for someone who is looking to get out on their own. the only thing that sucks are the early mornings ( 3am) if you can work around that then you are golden.
Toxic Leadership
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 19, 2017
My leadership for the past 3 years have been toxic. they are not always there for you even though they say they are. have not helped me with my divorce at all. they have left me alone.
Life within the Army
Chief Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ft Sm Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
It is what you make it. There are plenty of pros & cons to this job, but depending on where you come into the military and YOUR attitude in life will make the difference. There will always be the individuals we don't get along with but it is up to so and go leadership to settle those differences.
You will always hear people state "don't forget were you come from" meaning how you came up in the ranks, but it's much more than that. Don't forget where you came from in life, be honest, and treat people respect.
Pros
Medical, housing allowance
Cons
Long hrs, deplopments, being away from family
Infantry is challenging and demanding
Indirect Fire Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HI (last duty station)July 19, 2017
I learned weapons handling, combat strategies and maneuvers. Leadership skills were developed to train and lead soldiers through potentially stressful situations.
Amazing Organization
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 19, 2017
Being in the Army is not a typical 9-5 job, rather its a 27/7 life style. You work long days and sometimes you are away from your family for a year but the work that you are doing is rewarding and makes it worth it.
Hands on Job
Inventory Stock Control (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 19, 2017
If you enjoy computers and crunching numbers this is an excellent job with opportunities to go abroad. You have the ability for career advancement and there is not a mundane work schedule.
You were given a great opportunity to learn a wealth of knowledge about the US Army.
Director, Human Resources, District of Washington (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2017
It was my honor to serve as Deputy Chief of Staff, Personnel for the Military District of Washington, DC. I had the opportunity to serve a tremendous group of Department of Defense military members and civilians. It was my final assignment in the Army and it was my pleasure to serve in that capacity.
Pros
Great team of professionals.
Cons
My recommendation upon leaving was that 2 additional staff positions were needed.
Awesome
IT Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 19, 2017
This job was very stresfull at times and I will say never a dull moment and it was joy serving my country and giving back to America what it gave me I would strongly suggest army to any young man
Pros
Deployment
Cons
Never knowing where u will be
Army
Small Wheel Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Camp Ripley, MNJuly 19, 2017
It is the ARMY you know what your getting in to, dont expect to sit here and weld and repair everything, your biggest job is to replace parts and do annual services.
Combat Medic Specialist
Combat Medic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 19, 2017
The duties of a Combat Medic Specialist for the U.S. Army include but are not limited to: Clinical Patient Care, Emergency Medical Evacuations of injured Service Members, accountability and management of medical supplies, and medical coverage for specific Army related events and training.
Challenging work!
Augus1991- Criminal Investigator (Former Employee) –  Around the worldJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed the work of Military Police and then Special Agent.
The work was challenging and exciting. However, there came a time with children and being married to another agent it was time to leave the military for the benefit of the family.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Hard work but can grow as an individual
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 19, 2017
Structure is the best, but also a lot of hard work. Deployments were hard most of the time and separation from family. The need to complete the mission was hard at times and cost the lives of some great people. They also would accept newly graduated soldiers from basic to deploy straight to combat zone at their request which would leave to them the possibilities of being killed in action right away, which happened on a few occasions.
Pros
Discipline, Leadership, Integrity
Cons
Deployments
A fast paced environment with room for trial and error
Helicopter Mechanic/Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Wheeler AAF, HIJuly 19, 2017
An awesome occupation , if you're looking to boost not only your morale but others around you in a brotherly work environment doing the upmost to protect and serve your country then the U.S. ARMY might be for you!!!!.............…….................................................................................................................
Great Benefits Worth it
Senior Healthcare Supervisor 68W4O (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 19, 2017
Did 20years and I have no regrets. The Army will take care of you and your family. There will be stressful times as with any job but in the end the Army is worth it.
Benefits
Cons
No overtime
It's The Military.
U.S. Soldier (Former Employee) –  York, PA, Fort Sill, OKJuly 19, 2017
Overall, the military, is exactly what it is... The Military. It's not the easiest, but it is what you make of it. If I had any advice at all, I will tell you that it is a good decision. Keep in mind that it is 20% Physical, the physicality of it is difficult but not impossible. It is however 80% Mental strength, if you wanna build a stronger mindset, go for it. If you're just looking for an easy way out, forget about it.
Challenging, Rewarding, Life Changing
Public Affairs Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  EarthJuly 19, 2017
The link below pretty much describes what I did for the first half of my career.

Pros
See the world and grow as a leader
Cons
See the world too much sometimes
Professional
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 18, 2017
The Army especially the Infantry is held to a higher standard. We are the most disciplined, well trained, effective job in the U.S. Army. We thrive off fast paced unpredictable daily lives. I am disciplined, an exceptional leader and a team player. I work well in all environments and under any circumstances. I will exceed the daily responsibilities of any position i'm put in and will never disappoint.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4