U.S. Army
19,405 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Good travel
25Q (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: leadership
Good travel, opportunities to learn and better yourself, school opportunities, leadership isn't the best, good co workers,
Great Benfits and travel
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), FT. HoodJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: traveling
Cons: some places arent that great to be at.
Typical day on the job differ from day to day. Great experience for the past 10 years.
Fast paced environment where one learns to think on their feet!
Operations Director (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJanuary 26, 2015
A great place for service to the citizens of the United States of America while gaining valuable education, training, and experience. Service in the United States Army is a great enhancer to maturity levels of all personnel, provides travel experiences to locations around the world, and provides excellent civilian educational opportunities.
Job varies on the unit that you are placed in. Overall good experience.
Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Nine to five work hours depending on the workload (not to include classes, training, physical fitness training). Got to operate many different types of equipment, and met a wide range of different people.
Fullfilling Job
Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: medical, garunteed paycheck, housing, training, relationships, chosing an mos that suits your individual interests
Cons: time away from home, demanding
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time traveling to South Korea, Fort Leavenworth, Fort Jackson, and Fort Lee. I have gained many valuable life skills and paralegal skills. The hardest part of being in the military is being separated from loved ones for extensive periods of time.
Information receptionist (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 26, 2015
Performs a variety of human resource support activities for assigned organizations. Receives, reviews, and processes personnel actions including processing arriving/departing personnel. Actions may include retirement applications and permanent changes of station; requisitions, assignments, deferments, and separations. Initiates or reviews documents for payments including requests for uniform allowances, retroactive pay, and pay adjustments due to promotion or increased longevity or for performance of training. Examines information contained in applications, statements of service, correspondence. Performs advancement and educational support activities and administers training requests.
A good job if you're up to it.
42A - Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOJanuary 26, 2015
The beginning is not as smooth as you'd want but it gets better. If you have a good chain of command, you'll love working for the country. Of course you have bad days but if you really want to be here, you won't mind.
Best job
Front Line Supervisor (Squad Leader) (Former Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKJanuary 26, 2015
I loved that I got to serve my country in the time of war. I met so many people and had some man experiences. I have a life time of stories and made life time friends. Is the military hard yes it can be, but any job can be hard its what you make of the job and how you deal with it.
it was the best military experance in twenty+ years of service
Staff Sargent (Former Employee), muscatatuck urban training centerJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: its over
I had a boss that new I was an expert in my field, we would not be beat. every mission we ever took on was a success. The crew I had working for me was the very best at what they did. The mission was to take something normal an make it look like a disaster had just accrued. but keep it operational. We had a entire city to do this to, while keeping track of equipment , operations an safety 360 degree's at all times. It was a fast paste and demanding. The hardest part of the job was being away from my wife an kids for long periods of time.
High Paced working environment
Military vehicle maintainer and supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible during work hours
Cons: 12 hr days
Typical work day starts 04:45. Long days but also a lways a productive day. I enjoyed the environment and the individuals around me.
Challenging assignment
Uniteds States Army Engineer Officer - Captain (Current Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOJanuary 26, 2015
Never a dull moment in the Military, always something happening with lots of different people to work with. Enjoyed training Soldiers and serving my Country. Learned how to motivate and lead through shared common goals to accomplish assigned missions and tasks while continually improving self.
Close working community with a lot of support
CH-47/MH-47 Chinook Helicopter Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the best healthcare/benefits/paid compensation a job can offer
Cons: more will be asked of you than from a traditional employer
The Army offered top level training in individual career fields for signing up under a contract which was a great option for me as well as many other people. I was given a productive environment to mature in and I like the adult that I've become after living in the Army culture. The work environment and community that I always dealt with were the best that can be had. Both peers and command structure were always more than willing to help fellow soldiers expecting nothing in return. I received training, world knowledge, a family, and money for a college education through the military. I highly recommend the U.S. Army as an employer
Productive and fast paced place to work
Field Artillery Tactical Data System Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TxJanuary 26, 2015
During my time in the military I learned a lot about puncuation and the important of neatness and tidiness. I learned how to be self motivating and work close and well with others. I also learned more self dicipline than I ever thought possible.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working close with others and working in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
Signal Corps
Signal Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: alot of off days.
Cons: short notice 24hrs duties
A typical work day starts at 6:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or earlier- later
I learned how to work with different people from across the world.
I learned how to manage my time and others.
Like any other job you have good and bad co-workers.
For me the hardest part of the job was doing things I didn't want to do and not being able to leave when ready.
The most enjoyable part of the job is you may go some where you never been be for.
working out ( PT)
Operations Manager (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: respect
Cons: not knowing what to expect
A typical day work, expect the unexpected. I learn to have pride on defending our great country. I worked in the G3 Ops which is management, I supervise over hundreds of soldiers in my career, you had to learn to work with every single soldiers. Going to combat and being away from the family. knowing that you make a difference to your soldiers.
Not for the faint of heart
Sergeant (Current Employee), Katterbach, GermanyJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: comradery, good training
Cons: stress, always traveling
Not the best place to work if you want stablization. Career progression all depends upon where your located and who your leadership is.
Typical life
AH-64 Apache Helicopter MAchanic (Former Employee), KentuckyJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed being in the military and a part of a structured environment/team. I can work autonomously or well with others.
Great place to start life and gain experience
Infantryman (Current Employee), Multiple LocationsJanuary 26, 2015
During my nine yeas in the U.S. Army I have gained a lot of experience in all aspects of , leadership, accountability , time management and self motivation.
US Army
Military Police (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 25, 2015
It's the military and sometimes it's just not for everyone. I loved my job while I was in and if I could I would do it all over again. It was great serving my country.
Educational workplace with life experiences and opportunities like no other.
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, experiences, disapline, motivational co-workers
Cons: long stressful hours. dangerous working enviornments.
No two days are alike. co-workers are from many different walks of life adding color to the work environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more