U.S. Army
17,377 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Challenging and rewarding organization
Army Officer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2014
It is an organization that offers a myriad of opportunities. I have had the privilege to lead some of the best people this country has to offer and provide them an environment where they could grow.
greatly enjoy it
platoon leader (Current Employee), trenton moOctober 23, 2014
Pros: working with a strong team
Cons: long hours
Army guard, love it. Working with a strong team and great people.
Very Good
INtelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fort DrumOctober 23, 2014
I enjoyed working here and i spent ten years within the army, i really enjoyed working there and as time has gone by ive only realized i enjoyed it more and more.
The Army will make any person a disciplined person for society
Counterintelligence Special Agent Team Leader (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCOctober 23, 2014
The Army taught me the importance of attention to detail in everything that you do. It also taught me to take pride in my work and do my job to the best of my ability. Working in intelligence allows me to do my part to keep the country free of terrorism. I enjoyed most helping junior Soldiers improve their craft and excel at their jobs.
Soldier
Senior Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: soldiers, benefits and able to be an example to all soldiers
Able to serve in the greatest Army in the world and achieve the rank of Master Sergeant while also protecting my country
thoroughly enjoyed the intel field
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), ft. sillOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good friends made
Cons: not demoting the people that negatively impart others on a large scale
day usually start;s getting up at 0430 and PT formation at 06, an hour of PT and work call at 0800 and off around 1700

i was afforded the opportunity to meet with people of a wide variety of back grounds and learn many new things even further my own self confidence.

many were just people like you and i striving for the greater good.

i worked with – more... GREAT people in the intel field that conducted themselves in a professional manner but, also kind and made the work fun.

most difficult was just getting to sleep early enought to wake up to the alarm.

learning new things, trying new foods – less
great job
Materiel Management NCO (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 23, 2014
loved meeting with new people great environment team work and compassion
Managed Battalion Mailroom
Tank Operator (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSOctober 23, 2014
Managed and ran a Battalions Mailroom with a small team of individuals that worked for me. Very energetic and task oriented.
Research Site Case Manager
Site Care Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 23, 2014
Typical day included gathering resources for a case load of soldiers diagnosed with PTSD and/or depression and making recommendations to the primary care providers. Learning about data collection and analysis was rewarding. Management was out of the DC area and was outstanding. It was a team in charge of the project; this included psychiatrists, psychologists, – more... and administrative staff. We met via teleconference at least weekly to discuss patient care. Care delivery and data collection was a collaborative effort between the care team and researchers. The worst part of the job was working with the clients too sick to comply. It was most enjoyable to solve major administrative and clinical issues so future participants in the process have an easier time . – less
loved the job
74D Chemical Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAOctober 23, 2014
my job was amazing to learn and preform every day. my leadership above me helped me learn how to manage my self and others. loved working with my co workers. we helped each other in any way we could.
Learned a lot
Water Treatment, Truck driver, MP, MLRS (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYOctober 23, 2014
Learned a lot and took many things from this career that i still use in my own life currently.
Not your average job.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free healthcare, dental, food if you're single
Cons: away from family
Depending on what your job title is, depends what a day will be like. As an infantryman, life wasn't too easy. I learned many things from being prepared for combat to integrity. The toughest part of the job was being away from family for so long.
Healthcare Specialist
Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Current Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: personal time is limited
Being a medic in the army has only increased my medical knowledge, patience and compassion to work with others.
EnJoyed work wit other people
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAOctober 23, 2014
It was different people to work with learn different ways to do this its always something to learn
Very Professional Organization with great benifit's and work schedule
Military Funeral Honors Coordinator (Current Employee), Torrington, WYOctober 23, 2014
Great Place to work with great people that really care about eachother.
U.S Army
Human Resources (Former Employee), JBLM, WAOctober 23, 2014
Fulfilled a constant needs and demands objective. Each day a different goal to achieve and another struggling matter to be handled. The U.S Army supplies a learning foundation for all who apply. After Serving five years, I am confident in my Microsoft Office Skills. Time management is my best trait. The leaders put before me insured that I harnessed – more... the skills to accomplish any task or goal placed upon me. – less
Was an experience I'll never forget
Team Leader of Operations- Infantry (Former Employee), Ft. Wainwright AK 99703October 23, 2014
It was very hard labor but in the end it was all worth it, the military is now funding my education at a local community college.
Great Benefits, yet no time for family
Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TxOctober 23, 2014
Pros: 4 day weekends, 2.5 days of vaction per month
Cons: time away from family
Great organization to work for if you need something secure, but you will sacrifice freedoms and time with family.
Proud to have served.
Aircraft Powerplant Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: opportunity to travel, experience
Cons: not allowed to have personal vehicles
Service overseas in Korea as an aircraft powerplant repairer provided lots of good experience.
had an awesome and educational career in combat arms.
Combat Arms (Former Employee), USAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: awesome career with awesome benefits as well as a happy and rewarding career.
Cons: life exceptanace during deployment ( combat arms )
Typical day at work is training soldiers, firing range, training on MOS specifics, and deployments.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more