U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 39,847 reviews matching the search
Challenging and life changing
Signals Intelligence Analyst / All Source Analyst (Former Employee) –  VarriedJune 22, 2017
I recommend the Army for anyone who is ready for a life changing experience. Job opportunities are always changing, but the best advice I got is "the Army is what YOU make of it."
A very productive workplace.
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 22, 2017
The typical workday consisted of receiving commands and giving commands. I've learned how to manage my time wisely and how to know when it's time to take a break. I've been exposed to great management and management that needs nice work. The overall workplace culture was maintaining a positive and ethical workplace. The hardest part of the job was loosing a lot of family time. The most enjoyable part was building camaraderie and building life long friendships.
Productive and constant learning enviorment
CBRN Noncommissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJune 22, 2017
Great job to start when you are fresh out of high school teaches you life lessons and discipline while getting paid to travel the world. The army will teach you life skills that you will never forget.
Rewarding
Senior Executive Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 22, 2017
A rewarding place to work where one feels they are contributing to a greater good and respected for their input to the overall outcomes. Leading America's sons and daughters is an honor and a privilege; they are the best people I've ever known!
what ever
Senior Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  TXJune 22, 2017
You work alot then deploy which one actually was probably the best part of the whole thing. You dont get paid a ton but you get free housing and health care.
Pros
See cool stuff
Cons
See bad stuff
US Army
Equal Employment Opportunity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJune 22, 2017
The US Army is a great place to serve your country but also a great place to work. The team approach to getting the job done not only applies to the soldiers in uniform but also the civilian employees.
Army
Army Captain (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJune 22, 2017
Time of war under a conflicted administration. This was not an ideal place to work; but it was not a job either; it was a way of life and done for other reasons than employment.
Pros
Fulfillment
Cons
Almost got killed
ok place to work
Automated Logistical Specialist-92A (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 22, 2017
best part was meeting new people that is about it. benefits are the best part, your almost guaranteed a pay check unless you get in trouble. could be better leadership
benefits
Cons
work life balance
Honorable
Communication Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJune 22, 2017
Great diverse workforce that revolves around teamwork. Every day is a different mission. Great opportunity for advancement but no family time due to varying schedules.
army
Computer Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 22, 2017
stressful not paid enough bad leadership. longs days starting at 6 am and not ending until youre released like a dog. you are owned by the government and youre pretty much just property.
benefits
Cons
no lifeto yourself
lack of communication with higher ups
Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 22, 2017
the army has been a blessing and I love the people I met and the skills I've obtained but, sometimes they're very unorganized and lose a lot of paperwork
Pros
free lunches, bonuses, travel opportunities, life long friends
Army
American Soldier (Former Employee) –  YongsonJune 22, 2017
Its the military. Its not much you can expect from it. It all depends where you go and who your leaders are. The military is a great place to be if you can handle it.
Stressful but rewarding
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJune 22, 2017
The army is what you make it. Luckily I had a great team. Take advantage of every school, learn as much as possible and remember the army doesn't last forever.
Workplace Culture is poor
Brigade Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJune 22, 2017
Not a good place to raise a family, many long hours. You learn many things, but hard to become certified or expert in one specific job due to constantly moving around.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Still serving
Utilities Equipment Repairer (Current Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJune 22, 2017
Love the lifestyle it taught me a lot I ranked up pretty fast, it teaches you a lot about yourself. Showing you that nothing is impossible and that your limits can always be pushed farther no matter what the circumstances
typical day
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 22, 2017
some days you are doing things all day and other day you sit around and wait. you learn a lot and receive a lot of experience. the management can always be different depending on the person in charge.
Pros
a lot of fun stuff in the army
Cons
hurry up and wait
Everything is based on the type of assignment
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 22, 2017
Higher headquarters assignments tend to be very political but pretty much every assignment starts off the day with early morning physical training (PT), which is about the only thing universal across the Army. Pretty much everything else all depends on the type of assignment. Combat centric units tend to be a more tightly knit group. Command/management varies at every level. Much depends on the personality & experience of the leader. Leadership types are hands off/free reign, extreme micro-managerial, and the rare few that lead by example and true mentorship. Most things taught in training schools are rarely applicable on the job being as how most places have their own methodology based on command influence so just about every new assignment begins the learning process anew everywhere you go. Hardest part of the job is deployments, being away from family for long periods, but if unmarried/single, being stationed overseas can also be a real blast. I love being assigned to Germany and had fun in Korea as well, but after getting married, Korea wasn't as much fun without having my family there with me so overseas assignments are a mixed blessing and combat deployments are a real struggle.
Pros
Full medical & dental coverage, travel compensation, travel, & education benefits
Cons
No consistent leadership style and combat deployments
Worth the Challenge
Team Leader/ Logistics Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJune 22, 2017
Certain people that have gotten into leadership positions either through time and or points does not make you a good leader. Not being able to lead and be proficient at your MOS should be strikes to being able to advance but that is to the contrary. Certain people in leadership positions fill that since they have rank that the military is their personal thing not that work for the military.
The people I have meet through my service though were some of the most incredible and loyal people I have met in my life. They are the reason I continue to serve in the National Guard and reason I enjoy being a leader.
Pros
Loyalty/ Work Ethic
Cons
Time/Pay
ARMy is not for everyone
Resource Manager and Contracting Representative (Former Employee) –  JBLM, WAJune 22, 2017
The Army is a good place to work however I personally decided it was not for me mostly based on the operations tempo of deploying to training exercises and the deployment to combat zones.
Pros
retirement is good
Cons
got to service 20 years
Good 'ol Army
91C - Utilities Equipment Repairer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXJune 22, 2017
Love the Army, miss the Army, you will never find a bonded group of people like the you meet in the Army. I have a "band of brothers" i will never forget and will always be welcome in my home.

Unfortunately that is shortly where it ends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4