U.S. Army

26.7K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 25,329 reviews matching the search
Great experience for life
Petroleum & Cargo Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 5, 2016
The military (US Army), is a great life experience for every person on the planet. It help you open up your mind about life, people and your limited view of the world. The unit and post you go to, can change everything you thought about life, race and culture, outside that 50 mile radius you call, home, you been living at your whole life. Join, and see for yourself.
Pros
People, Experiences, Places
Cons
Pay, Places, People
US Army Officer
Army officer (Current Employee) –  Ft. EustisFebruary 5, 2016
Great job. Great benefits. Great mission.

People first, mission always.

The people you work with are committed to the values of the Nation. Funding is bound by election and appointment processes in accordance with the Constitution. It is not a perfect system, but it is the best system of government in the world.

Moving is tough and can be hard on the family. Deployments are tough too. It is a mixed bag. You don't want to miss your family, but you won't want to spend the entire time on the bench either.
Pros
Benefits, Committment to something larger than self
Cons
Time away from family; frequent moves
Productive and Life Changing Experience
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 5, 2016
I've learned and gained a lot of valuable experience during my 23 years of service to our country. I've enjoyed the travel and meeting my brothers and sisters in arms.
Benefits
Cons
Long Deployments
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 5, 2016
Professional environment
Great co-workers, and supervisors
Change to see the world
Served my country
Learned a lot
Serving in Iraq and Afghanistan was a live experience
Exciting adventure for the young at heart
Company Commander (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 5, 2016
Typical day begins with physical fitness training for an hour, most of the day is office work and weekends are usually available for your own pursuits
good management
C2 Systems Integrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Great environment, good coworker, good management; places very high value on employees; generous benefits; shares profits
Pros
Very professional management team.
Military experience
Military Police/Blotter Clerk/Administration (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 4, 2016
The military has a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. It has paid vacation, bi-weekly pay, medical, dental, and recreational events. The military has multiple schools for every type of career.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Long hours, stressful, too many bosses
Great life experience
Religious Affairs Noncommissioned Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYFebruary 4, 2016
Being in the military is great each day brings a different challenge. You can learn a lot from the people that you work with.
Pros
Job security and training
Cons
Being away from family and friends
Productive workplace, Great work experience, and learning usable skills
25C Radio Operator Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 4, 2016
The US Army made me an efficient worker and productive leader while providing the skills to use in everyday life allowing the ability to effectively deal with any obstacle.
United States Army
UNITED STATES INFANTRY (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I've enjoyed my time in the military service. As I see my contract & time is coming to a close, it's time to look forward & better myself outside in the civilian sector. Amazing leadership & amazing management. Soldiers that I have gone over seas with have become my brothers. The most enjoyable part about being a United States Infantryman is upholding the standard & tradition that we have held for countless of years. The most difficult part of this job is probably the lack of sleep, & communication. When things become a stir, problem solving & adapting to the situation is key.
very productive
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 4, 2016
it fast paced and can teach discipline and how to work with others can give many more opportunity's for schools and classes
Pros
teaches discipline
Cons
not for everyone
Productive and fun
PROJECT PLANNER / PILOT (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 4, 2016
Is a General Support Aviation Battalion in the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault). Primary responsibilities include maintain personal and unit readiness to safely accomplish all assigned missions-under Day, Night, NVG and adverse weather conditions- which are essential to the organization.

Was the lead project planner and utilized risk mitigation techniques to minimize risk and enhance the unit flight operations with zero accidents in coordinating personnel and aircraft movement.

Did numerous missions in Afghanistan and within the U.S.
Pros
Very supportive organization
Cons
We were always away from our families
Great
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort George G Meade, MDFebruary 4, 2016
The Army is a great experience for anyone. I really enjoyed my time in service. It gave me really great life skills. I owe a lot to the Army.
A productive work place
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 4, 2016
A typical work day consist of an hour work out follow by a break of an hour break for hygiene. It has a fun and fair environment with great benefits
Explosive Ordnance Disposal
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 4, 2016
Deployed as EOD in support of SOTF-A (Special Operations Task Force - Afghanistan) in 2015.

Provide IED threat assessment and disposal to Special Operation Teams
forms you into a highly functional member of the armed forces
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Amazing life experience for anybody. Learn to love the people that wear the uniform with you and the sense of pride for what you are doing.
Well structured company , office in portables
summer intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working here as an intern. Being able to virtually be a project manager and supervise buildings was amazing to me .
Pros
Learned a lot from every single person their and got great experience !
Cons
Internship was only three months
Great worldly experience.
Communications Chief (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I got to see the world and meet a lot of great people. I learned a lot about organization, team work, and leadership that is applicable to any career.

Being known as the "computer guy" was something I really enjoyed. People would come to me with a problem they did not know how to fix and I would address their issue. Its great when people use a tool everyday and I can come around and show them something and they tell me, "I never knew I could do that."

The hard part of the job was the extreme work environments. I am sure you can imagine. But working outside of my comfort zone made me really appreciate other jobs I have had.
Pros
See the world, meet great people.
Cons
Good friends move, you are at the mercy of the federal government.
A Soldier 24/7
Signals Intelligence Analyst and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDFebruary 4, 2016
When you are an active duty Soldier, you're on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week; even when you not deployed. It make for long days and sometimes, long weekends. Physical training is usually in the early morning hours. Work call varies from unit to unit and from job to job, but most of the time work/duty begins between 0800 and 0900. The work day doesn't always end at 1700 (5 p.m.). Most of the time there is paperwork to complete, Soldiers to tend to and mentor, and sometimes there is extra training that goes until 1900 (7 p.m.). It was made me realize the importance of planning ahead and to always be flexible.
i liked it was a life changing experience that was well worth the time while being spent here in the army
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lee, VAFebruary 4, 2016
like I said earlier I really liked working for the army it was a life changing experience and was worth the time to use in my career to farther my self

4.5