U.S. Army
22,055 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

high speed firmly constructive
Transport and Supply (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 26, 2015
Pros: meet great people
Cons: hurry up and wait
the army is a very up beat stay with the pace quick learning job teaches you great time management skills and disipline the leaders are firm but it makes us better i the end
U.S. Army
Transportation Logistics Noncommissioned Officer (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKMay 26, 2015
Pros: the skills both technical and tactical that you are taught
Cons: the instability of a family life
I have served our County with honor and pride.

Over the past 12 years, I have built a successful career with the United States Army. My experience in the armed forces has provided me with discipline, leadership abilities and the can-do attitude it takes to complete important tasks. It has also taught me how to effectively manage stressful situations in order to meet various challenges. In particular, my expertise in management and leadership would be extremely useful in helping any business achieve its goals.

As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player and leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and dedication.
It's not for everybody but, I was proud to have been a part of it.
Senior Network/ Transmissions Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TexasMay 26, 2015
I previously submitted a review about the United States Army. Like I've stated. It's not for everybody but, if you ever get the chance to serve you know the pride and camaraderie a soldier feels as a part of this organization.
Patience, hard work, dedication, discipline and professionalism is amongst some of the requirements needed and i enjoy every minute of it.
Transmissions System Operator Maintainer (Current Employee), Ft. Wainwright, AKMay 26, 2015
Typical day at work consists of waking up at 0400am to 0500 and conduct PT for about an hour and a half two hours. After PT conduct Hygiene and report back to work where throughout the day we are given tasks that must either have to be completed throughout the day or for the week in a timely manner. My Job consists of me working in a team environment which more so becomes that of a family because you are with them all the time. So the relationships become strong, team work is always present, and everyone for the most part is willing and there within the company to help everyone out to get the mission completed. I am constantly learning or have learned something job related communication wise, and have gone to on the job training classes for my job or MOS specifically. When it comes to management you always report to someone in your hierarchy or chain of command rather its just briefing them or given them a report on tasks, rather or not they were completed, personal issues that may interfere with work performance and etc... Management for the most part is good. The hardest part about the job is or for me the wear and tear on your body and with a family there are times where it requires you to be ready at all times to be separated from your family for long periods of times and just have to go when required you to be. However the most enjoyable time is working with others building that bond and knowing you are embracing, serving your country, and doing something bigger than you yourself, providing that selfless service.
Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee), United StatesMay 26, 2015
I served for 16.5 years and learned a lot about myself and would not tell anyone else that they should not serve and have that experience that for themselves
great
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Ft Campbell, Ky 42223May 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part is the paycheck. The workouts and training are intense. The management were great as well as the coworkers.
Working in the Army for the past 23 years has been very challenging and so rewarding!
First Sergeant (aka Personnel Supervisor) (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TexasMay 26, 2015
Pros: Healthcare and family type atmosphere
Cons: Long deployments
- A typical day at work is fast paced and usually different challenges each day.
- What I learned being in the Army is teamwork, figuring out answers to new problems and always pushing through no matter what.
- Management works well with others and builds a team within each company.
- My co-workers were hard workers and always would step up to help each other, not just at work but after work as well if needed.
- The hardest part of the job was leaving loved ones, family and friends on long deployments.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie with everyone. I'm sure that will be hard to find anywhere else.
High-Octane combat unit
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 26, 2015
Pros: Exciting work place, Multiple opportunities to further education
Cons: Danger, Poor leadership
As a Health Care Specialist (Combat Medic) assigned to a calvary squadron with an infantry attachment I was in the field doing battle-training exercises constantly. As a Senior line medic I was responsible for several junior line medics in that I oversaw, instructed, and reviewed the medical procedures performed by them as well as assuming the role as the primary health-care provider in multi-casualty situations. My co-workers were all young males highly motivated and technically proficient in their jobs. The hardest part of the job was dealing with casualties on a massive scale and trying to provide proper health care to every patient as quickly and efficiently as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing the camaraderie amongst brothers-in-arms in highly strenuous and stressful situations and overcoming daunting tasks in order to reach goals
great life
Brigade Master Gunner (Former Employee), killeen, txMay 26, 2015
the army was an great experience for me and I wouldn't change it for the world, the travel and just all the people you meet in your career has been a blessing.
Nothing better than to be a U.S. Soldier
Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCMay 26, 2015
Throughout my time in training and even know in my return home to my National Guard Unit, I have excelled in many ways. Ways including, character, leadership skills, mechanical skills, respect, etc. I thoroughly enjoy serving my country and would never give this job up.
Long Days, but Worth It
Chaplain's Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, NJMay 26, 2015
Days start at 5 am, and go till 5 pm typically. You can either hide in your office or go meet Soldiers where they work. I learned about hard work, discipline, loyalty, and integrity. The Army really teaches you about time management. My Unit is full of awesome males and females willing to work just as hard as me.
A great learning experience
Search and Rescue Technician (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAMay 26, 2015
My time spent in the US Army was a great experience. I joined at 19 years old with hardly any life experience. The Army helped me grow mentall and physically tough, and gave me the necessary skills to give me a jump start when I get out.
Challenging work enviorment
AH-64 armament/electrical/avionics maintainer (Current Employee), Joint Base Lewis-McCordMay 26, 2015
Typical day starts off at 0630 with Physical training. Time allotted afterwards for personal hygiene. 0900 work call after that, to do any online training we may have due, followed by a 1000 Production control meeting, afterwards maintenance is given out. Lunch from 1130 - 1300. Maintenance continues after lunch, until 1700.
Great career builder for anyone wanting to serve their country.
Chief Warrant Officer of Maintenance (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free Travel
Cons: Away from family for long piriods of time
I have been a soldier for 20 years, this opportunity the Army gave me was the building block of who I am today. I believe in hard work, dedication and teamwork are strong and valuable principles in any work place. The Army will tear you down, but to build you into a new person. The skills and ethics I learned from being a soldier are unmatched from anything I could even think would come close. My time in the service has come to a close. I wish to give that opportunity to the next soldier that deserves it.

Bottom line, the Army gave the tools to be successful, as always, it's up to me to use them.
Clerk (Former Employee), Natick, MAMay 26, 2015
Always something to do
Fun
Interesting
New experiences
Nice people
Always learning new skills
Good place to earn a career
Great Learning and growing experience. One of my biggest achievements.
Generator Service Repairer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 26, 2015
This is a job that helped me grow and change for good in a short time. I learned how to troubleshoot power generators. Being a mechanic for generators and service them was part of my typical day at work. I learned basic mechanics and how to look and order parts for motor equipment's. Now I'm ready to go use my BA in Social Science in the "civilian world". Looking forward to pursue my passion in community development.
Good times
Private First Class - Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free food, travel, people
Cons: Long deployments, being away from family
I love the experience and the excitement the Army brings. Working and being around people from different walks of life was the best part of the job, and also seeing different parts of the world.
Challenging! Great learning experience.
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: Secure paycheck, benifiets for family, oportunity to improve ones self
Cons: Pushed well outside your comfort zone. Mentally and physicaly challenging.
The US Military is not just a fighting force but a learning institution as well. Not only will you learn your job (MOS) but how to be a soldier. Physica fitness is of the upmost importance as well being disiplined.
Great place to be
Senior Geospatial Engineer Sergeant (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIMay 26, 2015
Great place to be part of a team. I would highly recommend it. The atmosphere as well as my coworkers made this an experience I will not forget.
World class leadership/decision making training/experience
Commissioned Officer, Special Forces Branch (Former Employee), world wideMay 26, 2015
challenging, dynamic environment to work in daily. Best place I personally have ever worked. Fair evaluation system for all, and the best system I have seen for promotion possibilities.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries