U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 40,657 reviews matching the search
Awarding Military Career
Assistant Logistics Program Manager (Assistant S4) (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 20, 2017
After serving 17 years in the military I would recommend it to anyone looking for a structured experience. The training and skills you build are priceless.
Pros
30 days vacation, shooting guns, benefits
Cons
getting yelled at, they'll promote anyone
Great place to grow and experience adventure
Paratrooper (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 20, 2017
I joined the Army when I was 18-years old and completed my service by the age of 21. I am forever grateful for all the growth and experience the Army gave me. As a paratrooper I was pushed to do things I would never have done as a civilian.
Pros
You will grow and become stronger. The friends you make will be for life
Cons
You will be required to risk your life and spend time away from those you love
Made it a career
Squad Leader/Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 20, 2017
We worked 5 days a week, 8-10 hours a day. The training was intense, yet necessary, as one should assume it should be. When not training, this job was very much like a 9-5.
A great growing expeience
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 20, 2017
I grew up and learned a lot about myself during my time in the military. I have no regrets. I didn't like that it took me away from my family as much.
Pros
Leave days
Cons
Time away from family
gained leadership skills
Infantryman Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Middle EastJuly 20, 2017
The military gave me discipline as well as a sense of self worth and self respect. The Army gave me the tools to become an individual who can lead, as well as the ability to be lead when needed.
Pros
travel
Cons
sleep schedule
The best job in the world!
Operations Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYJuly 20, 2017
I was in the Army for 20 years and would not change a day of it. Serving is not for everyone but if it is for you you will love the Army! Go see a recruiter today!
Great experience
92F Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 20, 2017
Great opportunity and life changing experiences. Really enjoyed serving my country to give everyone there freedoms and the comfort of protection. Learned a lot of skills and had great chances at being successful in one of the most professional atmospheres.
Pros
Healthcare, education benefits.
Cons
Family time
It's the Military
Training and Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJuly 20, 2017
First and foremost, it's the Military. You can't expect it to be a normal 9-5 job, inside an office all day. That's not what it's about. It's a wonderful environment that breeds brother/sisterhood for a lifetime.
Hard work and discipline are the keys to success.
Specialist E-4 (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 20, 2017
The Army is a place that stresses the importance of showing up 10-15 minutes early. Most days, while not on deployment, we worked from 5am to 5pm. Although, hurry up and wait was a part of many days, lots of hard work was a major part of day to day life as well. I learned attention to detail is always important, as well as maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times. The work place culture of the Army contains many diverse people from all around the nation. We all were able to join together to achieve success no matter what the mission was. Many times the hardest part of the job was the physical training in the mornings. Weather often times is what made it difficult. Because no matter rain or shine, hot or cold we were were going to get our work out in. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie within the platoon.
Pros
Benefits, healthcare, and schooling
Cons
Time away from family and stress
its the army
Aircraft Power Plant Repairer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work lots of room for advancement if you car physically able and can memorize all army manuals. steady work and plenty of time off. only downside is deployments to war zones
Tacom
Supply and Logistics Procurement (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 20, 2017
Good experience working at TACOM. Extensive training, learning many different systems and processes involving the material logistics inventory at global Army depots
Exciting Job Experience
Health Care Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 20, 2017
As an active duty Soldier, I was able to experience a wide array of people, on the job training with application of those skills, advanced training with application of those skills and different locales. This have greatly impacted my life, my abilities and my confidence.
Cons
Advancement opportunities fluctuate based on your skill sect
Its the army
Psychological Operations Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 20, 2017
What else can I say? Its the army. Why am I reviewing the army? Because Indeed required me to review every company for some stupid reason only known to them.
Great experiences and great memories.
13F Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2017
The best years of my life thus far have been serving in the US Army. Times may be rough and things may get bit redundant , but the experiences that come with it all is worthwhile.
Great job security
Multichannel Transmission Operator Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 20, 2017
I learned a lot about networking and computer basics. There was great opportunities to move up in the company. There were some days and night that you did not get much sleep because of the troubleshooting aspect of the job.
Pros
Job Security, family benifits
Cons
Sometime long hours, Deployments
Common Ground Station Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 20, 2017
Stationed at Ft Bragg and had a great leadership team who looked out for each other and the team. Always on the go and plenty of things to do to support the mission.
Great learning experience, great education benefits, medical coverage for you and your family
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Various locationsJuly 20, 2017
The Army builds character and will give you the tools to make a better life for you and your family; with the time and experience the Army provides, this will also carry on after retirement to a better career. The hardest part of any military branch is getting over the initial training and enduring the hardship of being deployed for a long period of time. The good does out weigh the bad in the long run!
Pros
overall benefits of having your family taken care of
Cons
early days before the roosters!
Analyst
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 20, 2017
Stressful and fast paced but rewarding. Spending countless hours repeating tasks, becoming experts in your craft. Meeting people only experienced in the Military, while going to places only the Military can take you.
Us army
SOF Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  worldwideJuly 20, 2017
Good basis for work experience and educational benefits. Spent ten years as an analyst. Great way to learn leaderships skills with different levels of responsibility
Fun hard and fair at times
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJuly 19, 2017
First love was my job as a automated logistics specialist. Gave me something no one can take the confidence in learning, knowing and teaching this great skill set .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4