U.S. Army
21,372 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

Love the challenges every day
Section Sergeant (Current Employee), El Paso, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: Every day is new day
Cons: Seperated from family because of deplyments
Working with soldiers, taking care of their personnel and work issues.

Everyday is a new day. Working not only on My MOS which is Apache Helicopter Mechanic but learn how to maintain AGSE Equipment.
Teamwork enjoyed being in advance party
Logistics specialist, Trainer (Former Employee), Glendale, AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: potential to advance
Cons: trying to fight the enemy and not the same uniform day after day
Advance party is a group that goes out set up camp before the rest of our company. I also enjoyed to teach first aid and re-train to get their first aid CPR card.
Productive work environment with great teamwork
Healthcare Specialist - Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 22, 2015
Hardest part of the job was being away from home and having to start over every time you went to a new duty station.
The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing goals like PT tests, promotion boards, daily tasks to accomplish company mission.
There isn't anything better.
U.S. Army Sergeant. (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 22, 2015
The Army life was great. I spent all day, hanging around the best friends I've ever had. I learned skills I never thought I'd have. I learned how to be a leader of men. I learned how to be confident at anything I could do.

My co-workers weren't co-workers. They were my brothers and sisters. They were my friends.
Great people and a great experience
Non-Commission Officer (Former Employee), Fort CarsonApril 22, 2015
It was a great learning experience for federal HR laws and to be in different environments, I made lifelong friends and connections.
Army Strong
Director of Recruiting (Former Employee), VariousApril 22, 2015
America's Army is the most powerfull organization on the planet Earth. Becoming a soldier in the Army and in life will change you!
Fun and very active.
68W10 Health care specialist (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No personal time
I was required to aide and treat sick and/or injured soldiers. I was also required to stay within the physical fitness guidelines.
MEh
Mechanic, Aircraft Structure (Former Employee), Ft Bragg, NCApril 22, 2015
Boy's Club.. If you weren't on the "in-crowd" you didn't get much to do except cleaning.. Barracks inspections were embarrassing. Little to No time for a personal life.
Army
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Fort HoodApril 22, 2015
This is a three year term with great opportunities for advancement. You can travel to world and perform your duties. And go as far a you want to go within the Army.
Met great people and friends that ill have forever
wheeled vehicle mechanic (Former Employee), fort hood texasApril 22, 2015
Pros: healthcare, travel the world
Cons: careless leaders
Serving my country in the Army was a great honor that I will forever be thankful for. But its my time to move on in the next chapter of my life.
communication was a failure
Utilities and Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYApril 22, 2015
Pros: benifits.
Cons: details
i work in a motor pool where i repair generators heaters ac units in building and vehicles. ive learned how to work on diesel engines to do services and repairs. the management did not do the best of comunnicating things which caused complications. we were like a family we have had our good and bad days just like any real family. the hardest part of my job is the physical demand which was not that hard. coming to work ready to turn wrenches.
Productive and Positive workplace
Materiel Control/Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Camaraderie
Cons: High Paced Environment
- Leadership Fundamentals
- Respect
- Selfless Service
fun
SIGNAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Sandston, VAApril 22, 2015
Amazing work environment, with wonderful co-workers. a typical day at work involves lots of communication via technical or social. Most enjoyable aspect of my occupation is my work
Challenging and Rewarding place to work.
Senior Food OperationsManager (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: cultural diversity, team work
Cons: very extended work hours from time to time
A typical day at work in the U.S. Army can be described as being challenging and rewarding at the same time. I learned time/personnel management, effective communication, teamwork, team building, and diversity.
Get what you give
Officer of Social Worker (Current Employee), Kentucky, Hawaii, San Antonio, IraqApril 22, 2015
Cons: Balancing family and career is a struggle
Military can be a great opportunity to travel, meet a diverse groups of people, access to free education and benefits and grow professionally and personally. However, you must also work for the military and this is not always easy.
fast pace environment with a rewarding sence of self worth.
Petroleum Supply Specialist US (Former Employee), Fort Hood TxApril 22, 2015
Pros: Leadership skills, Adaptability, Conflict resolution
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work consists of going to physical training early in the morning followed by plenty of formations throughout the day. the Company commander puts out information to the Platoon Sergeants and it gets delegated to the soldiers to work together as a team to accomplish the tasks. Close of business formation is normally at 5 pm.
U.S Army Paratrooper
Construction Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Bragg NCApril 22, 2015
Pros: steady check and heath insurance
Cons: deployments
Work on vehicles, do PT (Physical Training).
I've learned a very large amont from the army.
Management consisted of NCO's and Officers.
I loved my coworkers "Battle Buddys"
Deployments are the Hardest part of the Military.
Travel and the relationships you gain.
US Army
Specialist, Cannon Crew Member/ Infantry (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAApril 22, 2015
Great Compensations and Benefits. Was able to meet people from many different country's. A very diverse Job culture. Traveled to many different regions while with this job.
It's the military
Combat Documentation Production Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Shafter, HIApril 22, 2015
The Army is a great opportunity for those who do no know what they want out of life. One can learn many skill sets very quickly while in a team environment.
awesome work environment
Supply SGT (Former Employee), fort Shafter, HawaiiApril 22, 2015
i learned that everyone is different put your work face on and take it slow. Be sure to get the job done in a timely manner. I worked in fort Shafter Hawaii for several years. The US army is self explanatory

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries