U.S. Army
15,504 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Great and motivating work place
Logistic Specialist U.S Army (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: long lunch break
Cons: healthcare benenfits
My typical day at work would be going to the office dispatching issuing out equipment, ordering parts, going to the warehouse receiving equipment. I train and help others at being proficient on Microsoft Word Xp. I have leran to self motivate and motivate others to the best of their abilities. My management was great they motivated us and pushed us – more... to better our future. The co-wokers I worked with are very reliable everybody is willing to help out at anytime. The most challenging part of my job is to always be alert and focus on the mission. The most enjoyable part of my job is to finish work successfully in a timely fashion. – less
Great atmosphere, good benefits, and a great retirement
UH-60 Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Hunter Army Airfield, Savannah GA 31409July 26, 2014
Pros: long breaks, easy work enviroment, good people to work with
Cons: haserdous chemicals, loud enviroment
My day starts at 0630 when we Salute the flag after we complete that we do physical training and exercise for an hour at 0730 we stretch for 15 minutes. Then we leave to shower and get changed for the day work call is at 0900 report time at 1000 I report to production control for our morning meeting to see what kind of maintenance that need to be completed – more... and update them about work that has not been completed and the status, est. time of completion. at 1130 I break everybody for lunch, at 1300 everyone reports to the hanger to finish their day either working on a maintenance task or cleaning the area. then at 1645 we stop work and clean up do tool box inventories and FOD checks on the Aircraft and wait for notes for tomorrow then we go home to start it all over again. – less
Previous Career
Non-commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: travel, comrades
Cons: n/a
The Unites States military was very good to me for the most part. I have had the opportunity to train and travel. I also meet some good people and learned many things about different cultures. My military experience helped shaped me into a more conscious person and help me mature as an adult.
Proud to Serve
Communications Specialist (Former Employee), variousJuly 26, 2014
The best decision in my life was to join the US. Army. Leadership, skills, empowerment are all things I learned or developed and I use everyday of my life. I made lifelong friends that are my family.
Great technical and leadership training. High potential for advancement.
Satellite Communications Chief (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 26, 2014
Cons: poor pay/ workload ratio
Great technical and leadership training. High potential for advancement.
Army
Operations / Security / supervisor (Former Employee), hawaiiJuly 26, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: your life isn't yours and rank doesnt mean there a good leader
Great benefits, poor leaders. There is a lot of things that are changing in the army in good ways as well as bad. It's a life style not ment for everyone.
Great learning experience
Commander Rear Detachment (Former Employee), Illesheim, BYJuly 26, 2014
This is a great job to learn how to Manage Safety Records and Investing Ground or Aircraft Accidents. I personally learned alot from this job and discovered that working in this field is a vital role to prevent future accidents from happening
It's a military don't expect too much
Team leader, supply and inventory (Former Employee), usaJuly 25, 2014
What it is it's the military but don't give me wrong there is a lot of travel excitement and you do have a lot of camaraderie and good friends
Master Driver, Airborne Infantryman, Golden Knight
Master Driver, Infantry Battalion (Former Employee), FT Bliss TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: healthcare, pay
My last two years in the Army I was the Master Driver for the entire 1/36 Infantry Batt. My requirements were the hands on training of new soldiers on vehicles, which included classroom study, driving each vehicle that was required for them along with licensing of them.

I was also responsible for making sure soldiers did the daily, weekly and monthly – more... upkeep of said vehicles. If there was a problem I was the direct liaison with the motor pool mechanics that were tasked to fixed whatever was wrong unless the engine had to be pulled and then I had to get it to the proper spot and people to pull the engine and fix it. That is what made me want to get out of the military and get back into civilian life to work of cars.

I had my own office in the motor pool which meant when I wasn't out training my men I was with all the mechanics learning different things about our vehicles which wasn't always common knowledge.

My coworkers were some of the best I got along with them great, they were always happy when I was in the motor pool with them.

Management was almost non-existent as I was trusted to do the right thing all the time and when I did make a mistake I would be the first person to point it out to my commander and if I didn't know how to correct it I would ask for help on how to fix it and not make the same mistake twice as it is the way I work and lives depended on me to make sure the soldiers were trained properly and safely.

The hardest part of the job was knowing that I was going to be leaving the military and my men I trained were going to go to war without me. Teaching new men to spot different things on the road to keep them alive was a bit stressful but I dealt with it and never once let them see me stressed. Out of over 1000 drivers I trained only 1 drove over an IED at his leaders orders, even when he told him he didn't think it was safe.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfaction of my mens faces when I told them they passed my course. I made a lot of lifelong friends in that position and hope to make more with any new endeavor I embark on. – less
Loved
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: everything
I loved my job, the people I worked with, and management. The possibility of being uprooted was always there but it was worth the chance. I enjoyed the challenges both mental and physical. The harder I worked the further ahead I was able to get and my effort was appreciated.
The experience as an Army Officer.
Signal Officer (Captain) (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: leading soldiers
Cons: takes a lot of time away from family.
Officers are the leaders of the Military, supervising and managing activities in almost every occupational specialty, and a very rewarding position.
Military way of life for Recruiters
HR/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 25, 2014
Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.

Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
Steady pay check as long as you worked your hardest.
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free meals, free place to stay, free health and dental care
Cons: long hours, strict environment
It was always important to make it to formation on time for accountability. Always had to look sharp in uniform and ready to take orders that were given by superiors. Always had to be prepared to work hard, as well as long hours if necessary. Always had to be prepared to multitask as well as react quickly to changes or added duties.
Fun and Long lasting life experiences and friends.
42A, Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2014
Prepares and processes recommendations for awards and decorations and arranges for awards ceremony. Pre pares, updates, and coordinates requests for evaluations, to include responding to evaluation inquiries. Prepares and monitors requests for promotions and arranges for promotion ceremony, to include promotion declinations, reconsideration for promotions, – more... and arrange for reduction and removal boards for soldiers on local promotion standing lists. Prepares and monitors requests for reductions, transfers, and discharges. Prepares and monitors requests for identification cards and tags, leaves, and passes, line of duty determination, MILPER data and information management, orders for temporary duty and travel, personnel processing, training and reassignment, retention, military and special pay pro grams, personnel accounting and strength management, transition processing, legal, meal cards, training soldier support file, and unit administration. – less
Very cultural and plenty of variety.
Patient Administration Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Story, VAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: strictness and regulations
The days start early and sometimes end late. There is a strong need to have discipline and attention to detail in the Army. There are a lot of rules, customs, courtesies and regulations to follow. There is a lot of travel opportunity and a chance to meet new people everyday.
The best job ever!!!
E-9, senior intelligence analyst (Former Employee), All over the worldJuly 25, 2014
Pros: all pro's
Good company, benefits, people work with you on various situations in life
Is a rewarding and challenging career that instills integrity, accountablity, and honesty.
Manager, Technical Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKJuly 25, 2014
As a U.S. Army Veteran with over six years experience in project planning and customer service. The military has developed my leadership skills tremendously. The Army's culture is extremely diverse. This aspect has allowed me to enhance my communication and team-building skills as well.
Productive job and able to help other people
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 9 to 5 job, benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks, and leaving family for a long period of time
A typical day at work we make sure our fuel is tested and ready for people to come and get fueled. i learned to do samples and properly drive tankers and fuel trucks properly. Deployments are the hardest part of being in the army.
Amazing career with plenty of advancement chances
Imagery Instructor (Former Employee), Sheridan, ILJuly 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, and culture
Cons: deployments and time away from home
See your local recruiter, and learn what a day in the life a typical soldier is really like. If I put it in here it would take way too long.
Team work
Infantry Team Leader/ supervisor (Former Employee), Various/ globalJuly 25, 2014
Pros: life long experience.
Cons: alot of travel time
In the army I learned what it meant to be a leader, to take charge and make decisions and how to motivate and train others. This experience helped define the person I am today. The hardest part of this job was knowing the potential out come and carrying out the mission regardless.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more