U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 40,790 reviews matching the search
The Most Rewarding Experience
Army Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Hawaii/IraqJuly 25, 2017
I loved everything about my military experience! I learned the true meaning of discipline and hard work. I became the man I am today because of the guidance and teaching that I received from my time in the service. I was a cook for the soldiers on my base and enjoyed being at such a valued position.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities, great benifits, travel
Cons
None!
Extremely fast paced.
Military Police (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 24, 2017
Great benefits. Extremely fast paced work environment. Potentially long days. Get 2.5 days a month of leave (paid time off). Very strict set of guidelines you must follow
Best job on the planet
Transportation Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 24, 2017
like i said best job on the planet i love the army love my fellow Soldiers this doesn't require a review just go see your local recruiter.

go army!!!!!
great experience
Senior lead technician/mechanic (Former Employee) –  korea,germany,ft hood,ft bliss,iraq,bahrainJuly 24, 2017
was a good start in the right direction for me.like any other job it has its ups and downs. for me there were more pros than cons. i would tell anyone to give it a chance.
Pros
benefits, pay, time off
a great place to work
Field Artillery Tactical Data Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 24, 2017
a great place to work if you are looking for a stable well paying job. it has amazing bennifits and the leadership it literally the best in the world.
Pros
amazing bennifits
Be the best you can be
ARMAMENT / ELECTRICAL / AVIONICS REPAIRER (15J) (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 24, 2017
The army is a great place to learn about th world while serving your country. It will teach you how to survive and work for your keep, it will push to better than you ever thought you could be and put you under more stress than you ever thought possible.
U.S. Army
Calvary Scout/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Stewart, GAJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time in the Army. As difficult or strenuous as it can be, i find it to be a challenging and rewarding environment. I was not a great soldier but I have taken many things I learned from the Army and applied them to my work philosophy.
Made the best out of what you earn
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 24, 2017
Typical day at work all depended on what the unit had assigned that day. Maintenance was always occurring, so work orders were in a constant, although low, supply. Leadership will work with you, if you have the proper leader and don't do something to make them look bad. Hardest part of the job is the complacency issues, always need to try and vary things up.
Pros
Good Experience, Great start to networking
Cons
Unable to translate skills
Great people to work with and a fun enviornment
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAJuly 24, 2017
You always have someone higher who you can go to and count on when you have any questions, you meet a lot of great people a d get to travel the world.
Us army
Army's ambassador (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 24, 2017
Work long hours can be very rewarding spend lots of hours in the field or in another country difficult for family life and hard on children other than thst is a good career choice
Army strong
Counterintelligence Special Agent / Russian (Former Employee) –  South Korea, North Carolina, CaliforniaJuly 24, 2017
Best job I ever had. You always know what is expected of you and to what standard, physically, mentally, and to what standard to each task. How can you not love a job like this??!!
Pros
pay is okay, work is stimulating at least in my job, made good friends and coworkers, felt important
Cons
hours and demands can be hard sometimes, no problem though, we were strong
great job for four years
MEDICAL TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 24, 2017
The army is great in many aspects. You meet awesome people and get to travel the world while serving your country. However, the bull you have to put up with to enjoy those perks is ridiculous. Four years is enough.
Pros
benefits, friends, travel, sense of pride
Cons
political correctness, long hours, incompetent leadership
life chamging
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bliss, TXJuly 24, 2017
Had a lot of fun in the army. Seen Europe twice. Taught to believe in team work and what it took to get the job done. Was taught about the responsibility on the soldier beside you.
Productive and a very good overall expirence
Psychological Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 24, 2017
I would highly recommend hard working, good person with high Integrity to join the U.S. Army. Although a lot will depend on your Unit and its leadership that you will be assigned to. You could be assigned to a Toxic Unit with Toxic Leadership.
Pros
Free College, free medical
Cons
Depends on the Unit and its leadership that you are assigned too.
best decision ever made
Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 24, 2017
The US Army has made me into the best version of myself. My initial reason for joining was to pay for college but it has turned out to be so much more.
Hurry up and wait
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 24, 2017
The army is the most unorganized, unprepared branch of service. They treat you like a slave and enjoy doing so. All they promise you is lies and will always let you down.
You get what you put in to it.
Battalion Marine Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 24, 2017
Was able to influence policy and procedure changes because I did the research and presented why my ideas would make much need improvements. So in my experience, the unit can be as good or as bad as you make it. If you want it to be good then just work for it.
Good place to see the world
Cavalry Scout (Current Employee) –  Korea , hinesville gaJuly 24, 2017
Although it wasn't my first choice for a job it was certainly rewarding I got to see the world and see many different cultures. I was able to pretty much work out every day to stay in shape and being a single soldier I got free food
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unknown work scheduale
Soldier Life
Sergeant 13B Cannon Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 24, 2017
As a soldier in the US Army or for any Branch of service, you get what you put into it. Many opportunities for advancement and many awards to be awarded.
Pros
Military life
Cons
N/a
An expirence I will never forget
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJuly 24, 2017
The Army is great for those of a "can do" attitude. In my experience their is always room for advancement if you have the will and motivation to achieve it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4