U.S. Army

23.4K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Sr Supply Sergeant
Senior Supply SGT, Operations, First SGT (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 26, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Accountability and management of personnel and property using PBUSE and GCSS Army systems. management of inspection systems as well as evaluation of personnel advancement of workforce.
Workplace with always something to do.
Specialist/Corporal (Former Employee), Fort Stewart G.A. Kuwait, Iraq, South KoreaJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Great people to be around, always something new learned and always a chance to move up in the ranks.
Cons: Some times points for promotions were too high and some could not move up as fast as others.
My day at work as a petrolium supply specialist would be getting up in the morning, after our physical fitness my squad and I would make sure our trucks and tankers were good to go and mission ready. In S. Korea we would travel all over to deliever fuel to not only S. Korean bases but joint armed forces bases as well I learned a lot in the military such as working as a team and always being accountable in every situation. I got the chance to be a team leader and squad leader, my managment skills grew with time and experience. My co workers were hard working and never quit until the job was done the right way. We gave one hundred percent every day rain, snow or shine. The hardest part of my job would be bieng away from my family months or years at a time I missed my daughters birth due to the military and watched her grow up in pictures in Iraq, but it was also my motivation to get the job done and get back home alive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freinds I made and willingness to protect each other in any enviroment withough hesitation.
Proud to be an Army Veteran.
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Great stepping stone for the rest of my life.
Cons: It's hard work and a lot of sacrifice (but so worth it at the end)
I am glad to have served my country. Although my time in the military was not perfect- I could honestly say that there are no regrets!

The military gave me means, resources and skills to use as a stepping stone for the rest of my life.

Yes, there were rough days and extremely difficult moments that I will not go into detail; however, these trying days and situations were what helped build character and ultimately define the kind of leadership style I would radiate when I moved up through the ranks.
fun work space
Team Leader Fort Bliss (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 26, 2015
Pros: good leadership, fun and alway learning
Cons: always training . doing last min things
I had so much good time in my time at FT Bliss. I learned from the best leaders. i came out a better person because of the coaching of my higher ups
Running Federal Investigations
Criminal Investigator (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Long hours
Daily investigations are fulfilling as you are able to help those who feel as though they have no help available. It is very rewarding to be able to be the one victims turn to in their time of need.
Working togetherwith co workers in a moter pool fixing equipment
HVAC Technition (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 26, 2015
A great working environment with great vibes and energy with people are curtious amd conscientious of others and their superiors.
Great to transform yourself from a teenager to a full fledged adult
Infantry Rifleman, Motor transport operator (Former Employee), Fort Drum, New YorkJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Breakfast break and lunch break. Stable job that will always pay on time, healthcare, dental, free housing
Cons: 12+ workdays, sometimes no weekends, Worked without sleep or food for days, pushy management, micromanagement, favoritism
Start work at 6 in the morning to do physical training(PT) for an hour an a half. Then work until 5 or later with no extra pay. I learned to be fast, efficient and mature. The management or leadership was under or over experienced and normally ran things wrong to demoralize their troops. The co-workers, or fellow soldiers did nothing to help that morale. The hardest part of the job is trying not to be in constant pain at all times and dealing with immature personnel. The best part of the job was getting back home and relaxing for once. On the job though it was fun to actually train on doing my job. because 90% of the time your doing something completely unrelated to it
Exciting and challenging, yet rewarding.
PARALEGAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAJuly 26, 2015
Lots of drafting wills and powers of attorney as well as giving briefings to military personnel regarding their rights and responsibilities.
Working with the US Army
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 26, 2015
I was a 77F (petroleum supply specialist) I drove fuel truck out to the vehicles in the field. I drove troops/officers from one destination to another. I also got to help in the bomb relief in Atlanta Ga.
Interesting Experience
US Army Trainee (Former Employee), Fort Leonardwood, MissouriJuly 26, 2015
Interesting experience, I preferred the United States AirForce, though. My experience in aviation has allowed me to experience many different avenues.
Never a dull moment
Mechanic (Former Employee), Germany and kansasJuly 26, 2015
Pros: 3 meals a day and a roof over your head.
Cons: Not a lot of free time.
Just like a job in the private sector. Not a lot of freedom. Very demanding, long hours and gone for days or weeks at a time.
Us army was ok
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 26, 2015
Had its moments there was good times and bad, alot of experience in many different fields. Good stepping stone to where your trying to go.
Tradition; Keeps our country safe.
SQUAD LEADER (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Professional Development
Cons: Family life is second to duty to country.
Armed Forces is our backbone to the nation. A great place to develop skills, network with a variety of different people and travel all around the globe. Integrity and Selfless-Service is lived throughout the core values of military life.
ARMY Service
92 G Food Service Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 26, 2015
Pros: 30 Day Leave
Cons: Deployment
Overall I had a great time in the Army and I really miss working with all of my co-workers. I was able to take allot of management courses the Army had to offer and I also really enjoyed the Soldiers that worked under my supervision.
Helped me to develop great leadership skills, a very rewarding job at times
Military Police Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft Bragg, Nc- Ft Richardson, AK- Ft Campbell, KyJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Working with Soldiers and watching them learn and advance in their career
Cons: Little time at home
I enjoyed my time with the U.S. Army. I developed great leadership and inter-personal skills while serving in the military as a Military Police officer and Traffic Accident Investigator. There is no such thing as a typical day as a Traffic Accident Investigator. Long hours, lots of meetings, sometimes escorting VIPs, sometimes working security for large events(such as UFC Fight), helping to develop traffic plans during construction or large events. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family for months at a time and rarely seeing them when I was home due to being at work. I enjoyed working with Soldiers and watching them learn. I also enjoyed helping people.
Fun work environment
Satellite Technician (Current Employee), Ft. Campbell, KYJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Lots of Benefits and Job Security
Cons: Random Hours
Fun work environment. Great for getting to know people and traveling. Amazing benefits. Tricare is the absolute Best for Health Care
The Army was Exciting and Challenging; also rewarding to the utmost.
Capabilities Developer & Program Manager (Former Employee), Combined Arms Support Command, Fort Lee, VaJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Able to request vacation in a 2 week window
Cons: Deployments and family hardship
My jobs were Exciting and challenging. A typical day was full of changes and challenges. Employees were excited to work with me and challenges were faced with lets accomplish and exceed what is required.
I learned to support and assist managers in position that were not able to master their requirements. At the end of the day we are a team that supports one mission, core values and one goal, (The Safety of our Nation). Through hard work and team work, senior leaders identified me as the logistic manager, trainer and first to move into combat.
I was confided by Management and allowed to make decisions at my level with confidence. Management selected me for promotion ahead of my peers on more than four occasions.
By developing a team mentality and allowing junior personnel to assist in making decisions, increased the desire and outcomes of our missions. Co-Workers worked hard and bought into the daily requirements.
The hardest part of my job were the deployments and leaving the family behind. In addition, traveling down roads not knowing what would come or how we would be challenged.
Knowing that I worked with many sons and daughters of America. Maintaining communications with over 500 soldiers and family members across the US and Europe.
Typical day
Information Technology Specialists (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 25, 2015
A typical day of work started at 6am and would end at 5pm or later. I learned great discipline and how to problem solve with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was just not knowing when the workday would be over and not being able to have time for your family. What I enjoyed most was working with co-workers and how we encouraged each other to get the job done.
Fuel Operations NCOIC
Fuel Operations NCOIC (Former Employee), everywhereJuly 25, 2015
Hard demanding job that requires constant change and adaptation to the current and ever changing work conditions and requierments.
Professional development and adventures
Supply Advisor & Operation Manager (Current Employee), Fort Rucker, ALJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, retired benefits
Cons: Some hardship tour away from family
Army is a great organization, it give you the opportunity to develop yourself. They provide the resource needed to make sure you are well train to meet the objective. Also have the opportunity to work in place around the world and experience different culture.
Headquarters