U.S. Army
22,818 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

A great place to find out who you really are and what you want to do in life.
Infantrymen (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJune 30, 2015
Pros: You can meet some of the best people.
Cons: Work long hours
the hardest part of this job is being away from family and friends. Leadership was excellent and great to work with. Most enjoyable part of this job is the free range you have doing what you love to do.
Productive and fun workplace
68T (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great Vet Tech Training
Cons: No Cons
My review on being a Vet Tech in the Army is great. I've learned a lot about my job over the past 16 months. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job is to not get attached to the animals.
A unique experience to serve in the best ARMY in the world.
Market Investigator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2015
A job like no other where you not only join the best team in the world, but you get to be a direct part in protecting our nation.
Best Job Anyone can Have
Automated Logistical Non Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS
Cons: Deployments
Don't underestimate the power of camaraderie. Nothing better in life than learning and working for a common cause. The Army is second to none.
Its the ARMY
Enterprise Systems and Network Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJune 30, 2015
Depending on what you do, where you go, and who your leadership is will affect your feelings about it. But overall, great. Paid training, lots of training. Constantly working or doing something.
US Army
Training Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wainwright, AlaskaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: not enough travel
Learned valuable soft skills that can enhance any organization; Multi tasked and performed multiple jobs to assist the organization
Development of great leaders
Senior Team Leader/ Supervisor (Current Employee), FORT GORDON GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: leadership skills, cultural diversity
Cons: time away fro family
Typical day at work for me is making sure wounded soldiers have the care and quality of treatment needed to transition out of the military.
An excellent place to work for and has many jobs that will fit you for what ever you are looking for.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GeorgiaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free food, free room, free school.
Cons: not enough sleep always getting yelled at by drill sergeants for no reasons.
Your typical day at work starts at 0500. Make your bed, change into your physical training uniform and work out for about an hour. Then we would go back to our bay and clean up. We then would change into our Army Combat Uniform (ACU's) and get taught on what ever the drill sergeants have planed out for that day.
Worth my while!
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Various, USAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Since of pride, benefits, honor, values, training, travel advantages
Cons: sometimes you do have to leave your family/friends for periods of time
One of the most rewarding careers in history. The benefits are great, the employees are awesome, and the gained experience is priceless. The military is not for everyone but if you don't mind it don't matter: if you put your mind to it, you can and will accomplish it! The most enjoyable parts are the amount of training and skills obtained, traveling and seeing different parts of the world, and the friendships you gain with other military members, family members, military constituents, and foreign nationals willing to learn or help you learn.
Developing new skills
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great Experiences/Bosses
Cons: Long hours
Having the ability to develop new skill sets/ advance in career while also seeing new places around the world. Being apart of a community that is about team work, and brotherhood.
Productive Fast paced
Food Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJune 30, 2015
24 hour work day up to 7 days a week. fun fast paced environment , very serious and determined work. Learn to become a smart and educated soldier and to multi task as well
Balanced place with productivity and good times
Food Service OPS NCO (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good crew, good free food, and the great display of professionalism
Cons: We don't get to participate in some of the long weekends or unit events.
I enjoy meeting new people, leaders or subordinates, who can keep the environment safe, educational, and fun. I can be myself even though I am part of an organization that is highly disciplined and runs on schedules on top of schedules.
It's the Military
Multi-Channel Systems Operator Maintainer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 30, 2015
It's the government, take it as it is. Long hours, little pay. Very dangerous but very rewarding. Day consits of early morning workout, them 12+ hours of standing around with some training. Tons of extra time waisting duties, and family is always put last.
great organization
92A Automated Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), jblmJune 30, 2015
enjoy going to work and learning new things. People i work with help me to gain and learn more. Thank you US army. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
A once in a lifetime experience in the military away from home for the first time
Combat Medical Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Benning, Georgia; South KoreaJune 30, 2015
Pros: A great life experience
Cons: the low salary
After morning physical training (P.T.), I open up the clinic and start checking in patients, take their vital signs, and do triage. I basically worked like a doctor in my first unit, asking patients their history, performing my medical exam, making a diagnosis, and prescribing an action plan, all under physician supervision. Sometimes the clinic is swamped with patients the medics gets a lot of leeway to be basically doctors. This was both stressful and rewarding at the same time, especially when patients follows up feeling better and grateful.

As a medic in uniform, professionalism was the utmost important aspect when dealing with co-workers and the chain of command

I matured during my time in the army, learning skills and knowing great amount of things what i can accomplish
Great teamwork in the work environment. Each employee has a different skill set.
Operations and Planning (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, M-F work hours
Cons: None
Throughout the course of my career in the Military I have learned to overcome a variety of obstacles. No problem that occurs is unmanageable and successful results are obtained by positive teamwork. I have had nothing but outstanding management who consistantly provided me with the tools I needed to succeed. It had been an honor to have served with a variety of individuals who collectively made our tasks easier.
Each Experience is Different
Logistician (Former Employee), VariousJune 30, 2015
Pros: Health care, benefits
Everyone has a different experience but it's an amazing opportunity to serve your country. It gives you the ability to learn a trade and improve on it over the years.
Life building
pvt (Former Employee), ft benningJune 30, 2015
The Army prepares you in so many ways, anything that is thrown your way on a day to day basis just becomes second nature and easy to handle as long as you apply yourself and have discipline to work hard and smart.
Great leaders.
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJune 30, 2015
US ARMY builds, molds, and shapes great leaders for the United States of America. I strongly encourage others to join and improve themselvs
Army
Aviation Flight Standardization Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYJune 30, 2015
The Army has always treated my Family and me well. The brotherhood will be missed greatly.It is a tough life, that is not for everyone, but it is a very rewarding career.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries