U.S. Army
16,772 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Productive Organization
Network and Computer Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GASeptember 28, 2014
Productive Organization to learn excellent life skills and job training
I greatly enjoyed the skills and knowledge while gained in the US Army.
Pilot in Command (Former Employee), O‘ahu, HISeptember 28, 2014
Pros: health care, steady paycheck, plenty of peers with a wealth of knowledge to share
Cons: family life can be impacted, stability (living in the same place for a long period of time if thats your thing).
While in the Army I learned from everyone and later in my career, shared the knowledge that I had. I learned everything from physical fitness techniques to the proper way to land a 50 thousand pound helicopter on a 18 degree cross slope. My time in the military also made me a fine leader and changed the way I had thought about working together with – more... peers. I am a better person and team player because of it. I would recommend the military to anyone and everyone. – less
Military Job
Special Electronic Device Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: training, experience
Cons: lack of stability
Physical training in the morning, then did my job till end of the day.
Amazing
Senior Drill Instructor and Unit Armorer (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: nothing
Great Job Experience, physically and mentally demanding.
excellent if you like the out door life
Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee), Fort Sill,OkSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: excellent all around
Cons: none that i could remember
The U.S. Army has a great training programs for the enlisted personnel
Challenging and high paced work environment
Supervisor over my organization (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: free school
Cons: can spend up to a year away from family
A typical day at work consisted of training employees on the different types of systems, conducting inventory.

What I learned. In my time in the Army I learned self discipline, motivation and leadership skills

Management in the Army is second to none. Leadership is taught from your first day. managers are able to maintain standards in high paced ever – more... changing environment.

The hardest part of the job was the long periods of time away from family.

The best part of the job is the comradery. – less
fun workplace
PATIENT ADMINISTRATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), boston,massachusettSeptember 28, 2014
the US. ARMY for me is a place where i get to do what i love and have fun doing it while getting paid actually .throughout my time in, i learned a to of stuff about life, myself and my job.i would't change it for anything
a challenging job
M1A2 Tank Crew Member (Former Employee), ft stewart, gaSeptember 28, 2014
working up to 16 hours a day on a normal weekday and deploying to combat zones for months at a time
Protecting the country
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COSeptember 28, 2014
A typical day at work was always interesting. Always something new going on. Working with a team of several other soldiers to complete a task
Great Atmosphere and professional peers
Commissioned Officer (Current Employee), Kent, WASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: leadership opportunities
Cons: time spent away from home
The Army is a great place to learn how to become a leader. It allows a person to learn respect, time management, professionalism, and serves to give a person a specific career/skill.
Cook
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), United States of AmericaSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: hours
In the army, i was a cook, i learned most of my skills their, leadership, multitasking, Supervising others, and a lot more. The best thing i learned about being in the army, is teamwork, discipline towards my job, and to get the job doen no matter the cost.
High level education
Pershing Electronics Repairer 21L (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great education
Cons: no home life, extremely low pay, well below poverty level.
Taught me a lot, I still remember a lot of what they taught me about electronics and sacrifice. I am grateful for the opportunity that my country gave me when they allowed me to serve.
Gone a lot from family
Infantry (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: doesn't pay enough, away from family and friends
It is hard but worth it. I had to do fireguard, which means I walk around for an hour watching over the people that are asleep. Run 2 miles, push up, fire guns, go on hikes,....
i served 21 yrs
INSTRUCTOR/WRITER (Former Employee), aberdeen md 21001September 27, 2014
Pros: great time serving this country
Cons: time away from family
the untied states army. taught me so many things. never take for granted the things you have in front of you
Busy and productive days
Organizational Plan and Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: fairly flexible in breaks, lunch
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work begins at 6:30 AM for physical fitness training that usually lasts an hour to an hour and a half. Work in the office begins at 9:00 AM. On a good day, lunch was taken from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM. Depending on what was going on that day, work usually ends anywhere from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM. I've learned not only how to manage and evaluate – more... my time and personal goals, but to manage people, how to disseminate work and information, evaluate the work of others, and how to think fast on my feet and adjust to whatever the situation may be. The hardest part of my job is the workload. I manage several operations are once and as much as I enjoy the challenge, it can be overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people and being someone that they can look up to and come to if and when they have a problem. – less
Great job for a single individual, kind of rough on a family.
cable operator and maintainer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, meals, job security
Cons: rough on families, being deployed, frequent 7am to 7-8pm days
I arrive at work and check emails to see who requires my cable running skills. Then i go to them and fix the problem. I fix about 6-7 issues per day. I learned a great deal in not only cabling but computers, network switches, satellites and proxy servers
The management varied from person to person. The management was easy going and relaxed as long as – more... work was being done but if certain people were not carrying their weight, they were soon back on track through corrective training. I enjoyed working with all my coworkers. Since i can easily get along with anyone, social interaction was never a problem for me. My favorite part of the job was the camaraderie and how no matter who you are, you could ask anyone to give you a hand and they were always willing to help. – less
Every day presented new challenges that encouraged me to perform to the best of my ability.
Medical Readiness Liaison NCO (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 27, 2014
The best part is the constant drive to perform to a higher standard. One is pushed to the max but will form a solid self-respect and the ability to mesh with a dynamic team.
A great career to get into I love the experience
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYSeptember 27, 2014
A great environment working as team. You can stay fit and healthy. Great benefits
Good
Director of Recruiting/Retention (Former Employee), Los Alamitos, CASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: work family balance
Like any other job you get out of it what you put in it. You have to figure out what your priorities are and go for it. The benefits are good as long as you take advantage of them.
Most awesome experience to date
Cargo Specialist 88H (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VASeptember 27, 2014
I was given the opportunity to protect the social liberties of the greatest place on earth. Learned new skills, faced and conquered fears, met amazing people, and traveled the world!

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more