U.S. Army
18,515 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

US Army Intelligance Collector
HUMINT INTELLIGENCE COLLECTOR, INTERROGATOR (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: deployment overseas to hazardous duty assignments
A typical day at work consisted of looking over documents, interviewing and screening people for various information requirements, and interacting daily with co-workers and local nationals.
Served my country honorably
Military Police Sergeant (Former Employee), Teaneck,NJDecember 16, 2014
i worked every holiday. I became mentally and physically fit. i gained respect and knowledge. i enjoyed my soldiers friendships and professional friendships with my international police forces
Great atmoshpere
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Fayetteville, N.C.December 16, 2014
Pros: job advancement, benefits, travel, structured, esprit de corp
Cons: long hours, pay not equivalent to the work
Fast pace structured atmosphere that requires discipline and motivation. Great opportunity for job advancement. Benefits are great, the pay can be better but is competitive. A lot of long hours but work is rewarding.
Very productive and enjoyable job positions
First Sergeant (Former Employee), Oklahoma,Germany,Korea, Kansas,Texas,New MexicoDecember 16, 2014
Pros: diverse community and opportunity for advancement
Cons: many long hours and time away from your family
Duties were Section Chief, Senior Instructor Writer, Gunnery Sergeant, Platoon sergeant and First sergeant.
I enjoyed the camaraderie and lifetime friends, traveling and living in different parts of the United States and Europe (Germany) as well as South Korea.

I was afforded the opportunities to achieve higher education, leadership and management – more... training

. – less
Varied Experiences with both safety and operations
BATTALION SAFETY OFFICER/AIRFIELD SAFETY OFFICER (Current Employee), Fort Rucker, ALDecember 16, 2014
Pros: training opportunities, challenges, personal interaction
Cons: lack of stability, high operational tempo
As the Safety Officer for a multifaceted aviation organization involved in the training of future aviators, each day brings opportunities for training and interaction with both military and contract personnel. Training and developing safer ways to conduct what is inherently a hazardous line of work is both a challenge and an opportunity to excel. I – more... enjoy the both personal interaction and the development of future leaders that I am privileged to be apart of within this organization, but look forward to retirement from the military and the future opportunities that presents. – less
Productive workplace
First Sergeant/Contractor (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXDecember 16, 2014
Great workplace with outstanding co-workers. Supervised over 100 men while in the military. Helping customers as a security officers is outstanding really enjoy interacting with them. Working 8 to 12 hours shift is demanding but great to work it.
I was on officer candidate and loved working with them men with whom I served.
Officer Candidate (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDDecember 16, 2014
Pros: what i learned during drills
Cons: cadre that were there for their own enjoyment not the benefit of the soldiers
Being an Officer Candidate I had to know and learn quickly different military customs, SOPs, and gain the respect of soldiers who had been in the Army for many years.
enjoyable and fun
92S-Laundry and Textile Specialist (Former Employee), Lapeer MIDecember 16, 2014
Pros: i was able to serve my country
Cons: i did not due more than one tour of duty
I went in to the military and made the most of my time. I was in very good shape and learned a lot about myself in the process. My battle buddies were there for me through all of the ups and downs of the military life.The hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable part was the time i was able to spend over seas in Iraq.
Productive workplace
92A Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXDecember 16, 2014
I like everything about the company.
Typical workday is 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
I learn more about the job.
My co-workers are true team players.
The hardest part of the job was not any.
This company is a good company to work for. Working for this company has been very enjoyable.
A life changing experience
Aircraft Powerplant Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYDecember 16, 2014
The U.S. Army helped me grow a rock solid dedication and loyalty to everything I do and the people from whom I worked.
Job security, Great benefits package, Lots of learning opportunities.
Sergeant (Former Employee), Various places in the U.S. and abroadDecember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, health care, yearly pay increase
Cons: time away from family
The Army provides food, housing, health care and all the training you need to have a marketable skill when and if you decide to leave. You will not only learn what you need for your job, but will learn a great many other important skills as well. It is a wonderful place to learn how to work as a team member and as a team leader. You will work with all – more... kinds of people in diverse environments and be able to travel. The hardest part of the job is spending time away from family. However, this is temporary. In my experience, the Army provided me with a life I couldn't have had otherwise. – less
fun
infantryman (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: fun training
Cons: away from family
came in early did pt learned how to kill people and perfected it to a t
My attributes about the US Army
Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: collaborating with new and exciting people on a day to day basis.
Cons: personnel who didn't uphold the values of military standards.
Well organized establishment with a variety of skills to be learned during your tenure. Outstanding chain of command most of the time and a well balanced team. Atypical day at work was exciting to say the least, however plans change often and the excitement of changing throughout the day made for a challenging career. Enjoyed training, coaching, and – more... mentoring soldiers while accomplishing the mission. A BE, KNOW, DO attitude at all times helped endure the long hours. The most enjoyable about the military was the traveling to new destinations and learning the various cultures. – less
About the Army
Carpenter (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: got to travel alot
Cons: being away from family
The U.S. Army was a great career. i learned a lot of things i had to mature and grow up fast.
Great life style
Maintenance Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CODecember 16, 2014
Pros: free gyms and on post amenities.
Cons: long hours and hard physical work
The army was a great career choice for me. It gave me the great balance of working independently as a team. The Army also gave me a chance to travel and see the world in a way i could never have in a civilian job. The Army is not an easy job but it is a job filled with great challenges and great rewards. I would recommend the Army to anyone looking – more... to make a career change for the better. – less
did army work
Specialist E-4, Team Leader (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 16, 2014
work 24 hours a day if needed sat in sand all day hardest part being away from home
Best decision of my life.
Section Manager (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIDecember 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare and pay
Cons: being away from my family at times.
I chose to join the Army in 2007, to begin my healthcare career. I did just that, and then some. The army taught me so much more. I feel I now have great leadership skills and overall better self-discipline.
Great Job
Helpdesk Technician / Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Bliss TX, Germany, Fort Gordon GADecember 16, 2014
Saw a lot of great places met some great people and most of all gained so much experience
To serve and protect our country from enemies foreign and domestic
Vulcan Crewmember (Former Employee), Fort. Lewis, WashingtonDecember 16, 2014
Pros: serving your country as a soldier, benefits, retirement
Cons: not too many
Joining the US Army was the best career move I made. It helped me in all my future career and educational goals. MY job in the US Army (Air Defense Artillery) was to shoot down enemy aircraft, and combat other threats to my unit or the nation.
Good training
Specialist-INTERNMENT/RESETTLEMENT (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYDecember 16, 2014
Good training, great leaders, great benefits. You can become a wonderful model citizen and person upon completing training.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more