U.S. Army
20,099 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Great place for any one to work at you learn great skills
Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: training, physical fitness, co-workers
Cons: being gone for years at a time
Typical day at work working out, training, classes, leading soldiers
Learned leadership skills, how to train, how to give good classes and more
Management is great
Co-workers are great good people to work with wouldn't ask for any one better to work with
Hardest part of my job is being away from my family for years
Most enjoyable part of my job is training leading soldiers learning new skills physical fitness
A great place to learn the basics of becoming a leader
88N + Interpreter/Translator in many situations (Former Employee), North CarolinaFebruary 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of belonging. We knew that we could trust and completely rely on our co-workers. It felt like a big family.
Fulfilling career
Career Counselor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: opportunities were unlimited
Cons: relocation every 4-5 years
I enjoyed my career in the United States Army. Retiring in 2008, I was able to experience things through my career that I would never have been able to experience otherwise. Further, I was able to learn valuable skills and develop abilities that will benefit the rest of my life.
set policies, review needed resources and direct personnel
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Blacklick, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: fast pase enviroment
Advise senior leadership on human resources needed for the daily mission set. Manage buildings and property for utilization and needed materials for mission set. Order and maintain supplies for all property and personnel.
Stream line based work enviroment
Information Management Officer (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAFebruary 24, 2015
A typical Day at work Would Start at 6am in the morning, the end day of work varied depended on what was tasked for you daily. Rest of work is declared confidential.
Petroleum Suppy Specialist
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin, INFebruary 24, 2015
Consist of fueling, loading, and unloading bulk fuel to any military vehicle required. Must always test and maintain quality fuel at all times.
Work Place.
88M Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: secure income.
Cons: short breaks, over exercises, you are on duty 24/7.
A typical day consists of been at the motor pool, do PMCS to the vehicles, swipe the ground from dirt. Get the vehicles ready for the mission.
US Army
Actions Manager/ Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Shafter, HIFebruary 24, 2015
I loved being in the military. I worked long days. Had most weekends off. It was extremely hard on my family and that is why I left.
A great place to develop leadership
Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Sheridan, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Management, leadership and dicipline fundamentals help a young leader grow and mature into future leaders of military and business.
Great
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: money and meet great people
Cons: no sleep
This place you leave as a child and learn the value of american history. what it means to to put your brothers and sisters before yourself
Served as a Senior Logistics Officer
US Army Senior Logistics Officer (Former Employee), Augusta GAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: proud to serve my country
Cons: missed family sometimes
As a Senior Logistics Officer in the United States Army I have become efficent in logistical planning, execution, mentoring, and enforcing supply regulations and standards. I have worked with Civilian and Government agencies, and have established trusting and lucrative relationships. During my 20 years as a Soldier I have learned that respect, selfless service, integrity, and loyalty are paramount in becoming a well rounded person. My experiences in Iraq have taught me that even under extreme pressure I will accomplish whatever task is required of me. I have been a Squad Leader of six Soldiers, a Platoon Sergeant of 30 soldiers and a First Sergeant of 150 Soldiers, and have mastered the art of leadership. I believe that as a leader we must lead by example. Now that I have retired honorably from the U.S Army I am looking forward to transferring the skills I have learned to the civilian sector.
Great career.
Corporal (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benenfits
I supervised 4 to 6 subordinates in daily activities. Great experience. Benefits were outstanding. Lots of travel. Taught me a lot about other people and cultures.
Great work enviorment with job security
Senior Trainer (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 24, 2015
A physical demanding job but very beneficial for your health. This job provides professional leadership training and mentoring beneficial to everyday life.
its the army
88m (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAFebruary 24, 2015
what would you expect in a review. watch a movie or two and you will see how the army, or at least have an idea. i loved it, as it made me grow up when i was very immature, but again everyone has their stories on why they join. there are a lot of people from low class areas, but are high class individuals.
fun work place
Specialist (Current Employee), fort hoodFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: promotions
Cons: a lot of time traveling
always something to do, lots of room for promotion and exciting work environment, hardest part of the job is all the time spent away from family.
Challenging and Physical
Truck Driver/88M20/Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: a one and a half hour paid lunch when you are sateside.
Cons: the time that you have to spend away from home.
In the Army I learned a Variety of things. But what I enjoyed the most by far was being able to direct, mentor, teach and correct my soldiers.
No Mission To Tough
63W- All Wheel Vehicle Repairman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 24, 2015
What can you say. I was able to help protect my country, serve for my country. Be part of something great. I was injured and now longer part of the armed forces, but absolutely loved it. They can only teach what your willing to learn... discipline, respect, honor, integrity.

Hoorah!!!!
Great life experience
Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: brotherhood, different life experience's
Cons: a lot of time away from family
On a regular basis we are training for our next coming mission that can be handed to us at any given time. I have learned loyalty, duty, personal courage, integrity, respect, selfless service, and honor through out my time in service. I have also learned the importance of attention to detail, and the ability to work in a very harsh and unforgiving environment. The leadership always puts the soldiers lives and well being first and strives hard to keep morale high at all times. As for my are my brothers in arms, that is what is great about serving. You have the opportunity to meet many people with different views, cutlers and up bringing.This is something that not many people get to see or enjoy. The hardest part of the job is deployments, being away from family and losing a brother or sister to your left or right during combat. Over my time in the service I enjoyed putting on my uniform with pride and ready to learn more.
Great Experience in Life
Logistic Supply & Movement Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: alcohol
I Believe All Teens Should Attend some type of Military Training, Not Only for the Discipline but Motivation & Physical Training of your mind & body..I still use many of the skills & procedures from the training I received today in many tasks such as reading a map, Communication & Safety just a few...You Really get the Meaning of Team Work & why things are done certain ways..It Gives Even the Shy Person Motivation to Keep Going when they are about to give in..Traveling the World to other countries is Amazing to experience other cultures & people & the way they live..I was Trained in Many different fields & took advantage of every training class I could attend & also teach..I also learned many survival skills that I share with friends to help them realize you can survive without your cell phones, I Pads & Video Games,,

One of the Biggest Problems in all our Military is Alcohol,.Especially when stationed in foreign countries, I would say 85% or More of Military Personnel have had an issue with Alcohol..My Dad was Air Force & it was a Big Part of Everything they did in life with friends & even work back then you could have a drink during lunch & go back to work.Ive seen it destroy lives & families and a few friends I knew to commit suicide for losing everything or Killing someone while driving intoxicated..I wish they had more extensive training on the effects alcohol has on even the Highest Ranking Soldiers.

Overall the Best Experience of My Life..
Great place to get a start in life.
Aviation Training Brigade Scheduler (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALFebruary 23, 2015
Enjoyed my time in the ARMY. Made good friends and got to travel. A great place for young people to begin developing skills that can transfer to the workplace

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more