U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,385 reviews matching the search
Decent
Team Leader (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 28, 2017
good to build relations
learn to work with people. Managment can be toxic at ti,es. But it s like any other other jobs.
Family time can be hard sometimes
Awesome experience
Observer Coach Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 28, 2017
A typical day would involve early wake for PT formation. Pt is always a must to stay in shape. Doesnt matter what job you have you will visit the motopool atleast once a week. You might think that this is boring.. like i said, depends on the job you get.. infantry and artillery man will always live in the field.
Pros
Discounts, GI Bill, Veterans affairs, ssdi, pay
Cons
common sense is out the window..
steady income and easy
Battery shop supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIFebruary 28, 2017
For the most part I think the Army is easy but what most people have a problem with is being able to follow directions or having people tell them what to do. It does provide a steady income as long as you don't do anything stupid.
Pros
steady income
Cons
point based promotion system
fun but serious work place
Food Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KY, fort hood tx,February 28, 2017
I enjoyed my 12 years I spent in the army. I got a lot of training, understanding, and discipline while I was enlisted. I also met some of my lifelong friends as well in the army
Productive life altering.
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 28, 2017
Great opportunity for anyone who does not have any plan after highschool. Go for one term and the military will pay for your entire college so you can further the career you want to pursue.
Change of Pace
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 28, 2017
It was a great experience. It helped put things in perspective for me. It offered great training and team building. I learned from experienced professionals. The military is what you make it. I had a strong team and was willing to learn so it was fairly easy.
productive and kniwledgible work place
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 28, 2017
. fast paced
.maintain stock, receipts, material
.hardest part is to adapt to constant changes. hard but adaptable
.having the knowledge to work in a warehouse
Pros
hour lunch
US army
M1A1 Battle Crewman (Former Employee) –  Vilseck, DEFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to learn skills needed to move forward in life. Travel the world, see new things....... Then blow them up. Also get a college education while your at it.
Pros
Life Experince
Cons
Death
Melting Pot
Satellite Communications Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee) –  South KoreaFebruary 28, 2017
There are so many different people from different walks of life. An amazing place to network since everyone has different levels of experience, pertaining to personal issues and problems in the work place.
benefits
Cons
having to relocated every couple years
Army Rocks
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 28, 2017
what can I say about Army that hasn't been said before. Centrally nothing in 150 characters. So I will say that Army is great, Army is Awesome, Army gives someone opportunities.
Pros
some positions come with risk of losing life
Cons
some positions come with risk of losing life
MIlitary
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 28, 2017
its hard work, but i reccomend joinig for people who feel they can get through it and know what theyre getting into. Its very fun to be apart of the military
Pros
Fun
Cons
Hard work
Proud to Serve in Military
Captain- Field Artillery Officer (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIFebruary 28, 2017
The Military challenged me and gave me numerous opportunities to handle high-level responsibilities. My military service was an invaluable experience that I would not trade for anything.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
A Lot of Time away from Family
great work environment and team building exercises
Army culinary arts (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 28, 2017
great work environment and team building exercises. Free meals and housing. Free medical and dental. you can build a gret career and travel the world `
Pros
free meal and housing
Cons
a lot of work and discipline
Excellet time in my life
US Soldier, Specialist E-4 (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAFebruary 28, 2017
Enjoyable time of my life. My NCOs and Officers were very supportive of myself and my goals and were always readily available. They assisted in guiding me towards a path to better myself daily.
Good and bad
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Casey, South KoreaFebruary 28, 2017
Everyone has a different experience, but mine was mostly good. However, the promotion system is benign, promoting people that don't know anything about their job or how to actually lead other. All they have to know is how to recite some rules and regulations after putting ribbons on their uniform straight.

A typical day at work was 13 hours and you never saw any progress in your work.
I learned my job as a supply specialist, how to think on my feet and solve problems, and how to deal with stress.
Management is described above.
The hardest part was the amount of chaos.
the most enjoyable part was the comraderie, and the amount of chaos.
Pros
Free housing, food, and travel benefits
Cons
Terrible leadership
Great Company
Deputy Commander (Current Employee) –  59th Ordnace BDEFebruary 28, 2017
A Great place to work. Ability to travel, get an education and meet fun an enjoyable people from around the world. Best experience in a lifetime would not change it for the world.
Honor to serve my country
Fire Support Sergeant (13F20) (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 28, 2017
Best experience I will take with me and helped grow and develop into a team player. You will have good and bad leaders but the people you need an encounter from all over the world is what you will remember.
Human Resources Manager
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 28, 2017
Retired Honorably. Great place to work and grow professionally. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a team and the benefits that came with serving within the military.
Benefits
Cons
Deployments and hours
Best Career I've ever had!!!
Senior Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAFebruary 28, 2017
I would do it over again if I could only better this time around. Went to a lot of places and saw many great and sometime sad things but, that is life. I would tell you if you thought about serving by all means do it. It will change your life.
Pros
makes you a better person
Cons
NONE
Its the Army
Private First Class (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 28, 2017
Medically discharged, Found out shortly after going in that I had lupus that was deteriorating my joints. I stayed on dead man's profile until my release due to my severe swelling.
Pros
Cons
Away from Family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4