U.S. Army
20,714 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Great experiance
Armor Crewman (Former Employee), Fort knox KentuckyMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free food, being able to do things not everyone gets to experiance
Cons: Not able to take a shower on a regular basis
All I can really say, it was a great learning experience as a young man, tough me values, responsibility and maturity early on.

The hardest part of the job trying to maintain in the desert heat for weeks at a time.
Military Officer
Senior Project Manager / Engineer Advisor (Current Employee), Gobal LocationMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great Assignment and professional development
Cons: Inflexible mind set and short term outlook by superior
Great organization but have the tendency to suppress creative thinking. High potential to work for a supervisor that is very self center and career orientated which can be dangerous in certain situations.
Strong and Disiplined
Military Policeman (Former Employee), Camp Santiago, P.R.March 25, 2015
Pros: Dirrection and Focus
Cons: Bad desicions
In my personal experience this was a job where your higher ranking officers and enlisted became a family. We operated as one and accomplished all objectives. The hardest part of this job is loosing a brother in arms and the most enjoyable part was coming back home.
Great People and Strong Leadership
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Meet people from different cultures.
My typical day at work is dealing with various vendors and customers on supply chain matters. I have learned customer service is the key to success. I have experienced management from the lowest to the executive level.
team and brotherhood dynamic of professionals
Small weapons repairer (Former Employee), Fort carson, COMarch 25, 2015
Pros: teamwork, comradery
Cons: some long days
the united states army is highly motivated professional work place environment that on a daily basis at any in giving moment can handle and troubleshoot a array of situation in a high speed pace work environment under the most stressful situations
Hard working workplace
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Making strong life long bonds with other soldiers.
Cons: worked 24/7 and the pay was not very good.
Received our work that needed to be done during that work day and I would take what was given to me to do and take the men I was in charge of and go get the job done. An example of that is when we would have to take care of our military vehicles and go through checking all the equipment and making sure everything was good and running incase anything happened we would be fully ready to get up and go.
Serving my country
SFC/ Logistics/Ammunition/Transportation (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Job advancement, and health care benefits
Cons: Being away from family while on combat duty
Train soldiers everyday
Counsel soldiers everyday
Traveling to overseas assignments
Working with different personnel
Protecting the country
Working outdoors
Learning new techniques and procedures for training
Exercise and training programs
healthcare specialist
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMarch 25, 2015
For the past 2 years, I worked directly with patients on a day to day basis in a family practice clinical setting. I assisted a PA-C in the diagnosis, care, and follow up of patients. On a daily basis, I accessed and maintained patients records electronically and efficiently with the use a healthcare software to schedule, update, and revise patient information as needed. As patients needed, I drew their blood, administered I.V.’s and various medications via injection, performed E.K.G.’s, as well as various other healthcare treatments in my time in a clinical setting.
As my time progressed within the clinic, I advanced to supervisor over about 30 medics. During my time as a supervisor, I scheduled, accounted for, and maintained control over these 30 personnel. Other tasks as a supervisor included various daily reports, training, and key control.
enjoyable working enviroment
91B Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), fort hood, txMarch 25, 2015
always something new and interesting happening. get to meet new people from all over. get to travel and learn new things all the time.
A great stepping stone
Information Systems Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free TA for school, benefits, clothing allowance
Cons: short family times, Army drawdown affecting promotions
My Army time was the best decision I ever made. It gave me balance, structure and molding that I needed as a teenager. I was taught time management, team building and leadership. I learned more about the IT field, the Army and DOD network and enterprise email system. Policies and procedures as well as other forms of Signal and communication jobs that wasn't necessarily in my job description. The Army was very big on cross training. All schools for Cisco, comptia, and others were paid for as well as test vouchers. Industry standard certifications.

The military promotes family but sometimes fails to actually enforce. There were years when deployments were rampant and family time was just not there. deployments, exercises, resets and other taskings basically kept you from your family. But there are four days and sometimes they will attempt to backfill you days you worked when you should have been off.

Army comrades are the best to work with. You share common bonds and work together to accomplish whatever mission you are given. It will tell you a lot about yourself and the people you work with in a stress environment.
The greatest force in the wolrd
SENIOR CARGO CHECKER (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VAMarch 25, 2015
To be apart of the greatest force in the world, to live train and build a bond that never goes away. To travel the world and connect with others from around the world. In the military you gain more than just a job you gain a way that can change your life.
working for the military
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: reliable work
Cons: long time away from family
show up early perform physical training shower compete necessary tasks for the day train in the field go to the range fire weapons sleep in the field
US Army 1987 -1990
Company Armorer (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: grow up, become more disciplined and focused, see the world, self-fulfillment and pride for dedicated service for our country
Cons: Away from home for long periods of time
My experience serving in the US was positive and fulfilling. I did not know what I wanted to do when I came out of high school and was working at a fish/seafood market when I enlisted. The army helped me grow up and become more disciplined and focused on something other than myself. My belief is that everyone who is physically and mentally able should go through basic training after high school for self and country. This environment is unlike anything else you will do in your life. I made some life long friends that I trust and keep in touch with.
Exciting and various missions
Artillery Tester (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Awesome people, and exciting missions
The different missions and exhilarating tasks are plentiful. The people are hardworking and professional. Overall, my favorite term of employment.
Productive and Life Changing Career
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Less spare time
The Army is a career that requires 100% on a daily basis and everyday that the uniform is worn, it shows how much the world's time honored corp is the best at everything they do.
Productive & fast paced
FOOD SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free health, dental, housing, opportunity to explore the world
Cons: You're basically signing yourself over to die if anything.
You learn a lot within a short period period of time, you exert yourself to the extremities and if you cant keep up, its not for you.
Great exoerience
Operator- Analyst (Former Employee), Los Alamitos, CAMarch 25, 2015
Got to learn a lot of things in the US Arrmy. Was glad that I made the decision to join. There is no other job that I would rather go back to.
Great opportunities for advancement, education and stability
Operations Support Officer (Current Employee), MultipleMarch 25, 2015
Joined over 21 years ago and have nothing but good things to share. I was able to grow from an enlisted Soldier to a commissioned officer withing 12 years. College was paid for, great medical benefits. Great opportunites to grow as a Leader and a person.
Well trained by the best in the Army
Seaport Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Got to see the world
Cons: Too much time away from family
Inspected, tallied, and documented cargo utilizing both manual and automated data systems. Created load plans for air shipments and ocean liner vessels
Proud to be a veteran of the Army
Chemical Biological Nuclear Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great opportunities, good training
Cons: it is a risky job, but you should already know that before you even agree to be a soldier
The best fighting force in America "in my opinion". I live and breath the morals I learned in the military. The benefits you receive from the Army are amazing I am going to school full time and am receiving one hundred percent tuition. It is a good place for people who want to escape their current situation in life. Amazing life lessons and training in the military. It will give you a sense of belonging and teach you to be committed to being a responsible adult.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries