U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 43,581 reviews matching the search
Very friendly work environment
SENIOR Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAAugust 23, 2017
Very fun work environment, the Leadership was always open to hearing any issue or concern I had as a Section leader and provided timely feedback. We held monthly Birthday potlucks for staff that had birthday each month, which I found was a great Team Builder.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Short notices that required long work days.
the army was not for me
US Army (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYAugust 23, 2017
I would not recommend joining the army unless you don't have any other options. It was an experience ill give you that but I wish I would have chose a different branch.
Ok job very stressful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2017
Job good, good benefits but I had no time for my family or anything else. My life was all about work and if you like that then this is the job for you.
Benefits
Cons
No time to myself
Us army
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 23, 2017
We always worked hard to get the job done. Working together as a team made it all worth while. Traveling around the world meeting new people and learning new thing was also a bonus.
Pros
the people i got to meet and work with
Cons
being away from home for long periods of time.
Great job loved it
88H Cargo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAAugust 23, 2017
It was definitely a great experience I wouldn't trade that for the world. Right now I am reserved but I do plan on going active asap. It's a great job
Competitive work place
Brigade Commander's Driver, 20th Engineers Brigade (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 23, 2017
- A very regimented atmosphere
- Constant attention to detail expected
- Customs and courtesies always come into play when addressing fellow workmates
- Hardest part of the job was being away from home
- Most enjoyable part of the job was serving my country
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Time spent away from home
Professional workplace
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Picatunny NJAugust 23, 2017
S. Army Leadership recently tasked all major commands to examine requirements, establish clear priorities and reduce funding and manpower. Resources re-purposed by this effort will be used to "buy back" critical areas associated with maintaining Army readiness.
Pros
Security of job
Cons
Upward mobilty
The Army
Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXAugust 23, 2017
The Army is an amazing career or career builder. The benefits for serving are numerous and the experience is unlike any other. The Army pushes people to be the best they can be.
Pros
Community, Security
Cons
Dangerous at times
Long hours, hard work and will to advance
Calvary Scout (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXAugust 22, 2017
The job was very hard and stressful at times but sharing those times with people you consider family was not only rewarding but it made it a little easier. Knowing that you are doing a job that is helping you grow as an individual and helping others that don't have the knowledge base you have give a real sense of accomplishment.
U.S. Army
Chaplain Assistant and Logistic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COAugust 22, 2017
Everyday I would conduct Physical Training for an hour and a half from 6:30-8:30. Then after I would return to work call at 9:30 . Everyday I did organizing supply make sure the unit was remaining stock with things If we can low I Placed and picked up orders. As a chaplain assistant I set up events for soldiers and also made sure soldiers maintain their mental help making sure they didn't need religious support all wile maintain my duties as a soldier.
Pros
Great pay, health benefits, school benefits
Cons
Long hours, unplanned events, 24 hr duty.

Want to know more about U.S. Army?

Ask a question
Excellent job
Construction Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Winnsboro, LAAugust 22, 2017
Working with the ARMY has taught me a lot about teamwork and what it means to be a soldier. I have been with the ARMY now almost a year and it's been the best decision I've ever had to make
Good Team
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 22, 2017
I work in a brigade level Operation work Center. We performed numerous positions and jobs. The lowest rank is E-6(P) and the highest is E-9. My work week was a average of 50+ hours but time was given off. We had a mixed of Military and DoD employee
Disliked my time.
Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 22, 2017
I disliked my time in the military. The times were awful and the people that I was around weren't much better. There was tons of room for advancement, but since I wanted to get out as quickly as I could that wasn't appealing to me.
Its the army
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 22, 2017
Basic training is not for the weak minded. Its a training meant to break you down. After that it was really a breeze for me. You get to meet people from all over fighting for the same cause.
Pros
Money, honor, respect
Cons
Time away from family
military life
Motor Transportation Operator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 22, 2017
The military is a very easy place to be every thing is provided for all you have to do is show up. Meaning right place, right time, and right uniform.
Pros
you stay healthy
Cons
to much politics
Strong push for development
Human Resources/Administration NCO (Current Employee) –  Shelby, MSAugust 22, 2017
This job pushes me everyday to learn something new. It's an ever changing environment that encourages you to push your boundaries. I've learned how to many different sized groups of people, from as few as 5 to as many as 100. One of the best places I've ever worked
United States Armed Forces
Senior Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Team Leader/Vehicle CommanderAugust 22, 2017
Working in he US military was a great experience. It taught me how to be a part of a team, refine my self-discipline, and lead by example. The benefits were great and the company's overall mission was for the betterment of the United states.
Energetic Place of work
Soldier and Blackhawk Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wheeler Army Airfield, HI, Fort Campbell KYAugust 22, 2017
I would continue to serve in the army if i was permitted. Yes there were days that were hard and would not like to do again. But overall it was not that bad of an organization to serve in.
benefits
Cons
lack of trust from leaders, equal opportunities not present
Very demanding and very unpredictable
92G Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 22, 2017
When I enlisted in the Army, it was for a change in my life. I wanted to do more and ive always been great with helping people so i saw it suit. Once i joined, I really grew into whom I am now. I learned alot of life lessons that i will keep with me forever.
Pros
benefits, friends, lessons, progression
Cons
the 24 hour days and unpredictable mornings
leadership roles through out the unitq
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2017
Soldiers are always looking out for each other and have the best interest for one another. You will never find another family like you wil have in the army.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4