U.S. Army
16,460 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Productive workplace with diversity
UNIT SUPPLY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: educational, medical benefits
Cons: being away from family
As a unit supply specialist, I am learning how to manage property of company. On a daily basis, company has a lot of activities that result in transfer of supplies, equipment, etc.
I, as a supply specialist, have to monitor if every process works properly. It is great opportunity for me to manage supply office because not only it has duties and missions – more... related to logistics, but also it requires management skills such as dealing with superiors and subordinates, writing an official memorandum to get commander's signature, monitoring budget for the quarter and year's mission activities.
The hardest part of the job is not to know what will happen next. This is because Army itself is very special organization and is subject to changes depending on exterior environmental situation.
I do enjoy every morning Physical Training. It has not only boosted my energy and maintained good body standard, but also mentally helped me have sound mind.
I am not only learning how supply works, but also how one organization rolls and moves forward going through hardship.

I really want to immerse myself into a great field of business organization and continue doing my duties that I will take over in the future. – less
Fast paced work and constant training
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 13, 2014
Experience will vary dependent upon those placed above you
Cultural diversity
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee), InternationalSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: away from family
Awesome alot of Travel involved meet lots of people. Nice hardwork but the outcome out weighs the reward.
Exciting and life changing
Personnel Administrator (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 13, 2014
Although my job is mostly paperwork there are several days in the year that I get out and do things in the field, firing weapons and leading troops. Excellent management and lower level employees.
Between your comand and what you make of it.
Aircraft Mechanic and Service Technician (Former Employee), Ft. DrumSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: comander's discreation is law on all things
The Army is a great opportunity but it's an organization built apon traditions past and present some good and bad. If you so choose to take this opportunity in life it will mature you in ways no other place can. Prepare yourself for absolute discipline and to answer to your command at any time. My advise and something you will hear all the time "Right – more... Place, Right Time (15 to 20 min early), Right Uniform and get as much out of the army as you can cause it's going to get all it can from you. – less
great experience
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: war
the best choice i ever made changed my life happy i stayed till retirement
Disciplined and well family oriented organization
Bradley Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: health and medical benefits
Cons: early work days and getting off late at night
Productive organization where everyone works together as a team to obtain a common goal. The Hardest part of the job was working with people who were lazy and disrespectful to others. They really didn't contribute to the tasks we had to achieve by the end of the day. I enjoyed working with others and all the different nationalities that are in the organization.
It was good for me
Logistics Specialist/ Flight Crew (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: really gives you perspective
Cons: years away from family
I enjoyed the army, but wanted to finish school and not be so constrained
Everyone should join for a couple years
Infantry (Former Employee), Ft. Campbell, KYSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: brotherhood, shooting weapons that most people only see in cod, and a new sense of patriotism for this country!
Cons: you get shot at
Loved this job. If you want your son/daughter to grow up quick, this is the place. You learn self respect, respect for others, and a lot of other life changing things to carry into the civilian world.
U.S. Army
Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GASeptember 13, 2014
A great orginization to learn and grow a career. I have truly enjoyed every aspect of my career in the military and would encourage anyone to serve.
Trained, Lead, and supervised soldiers
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft. Campbell, KYSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: being part of a team, and finishing duties assigned to complete
Cons: difficult members but overcame and guided them in the right direction
As a Staff Seargent, it was my daily job to ensure that my soldiers were conducting their daily jobs to the highest standard, and safetly installed by our guidelines. I loved working with my Team, and I loved working with my co-workers, soldiers. I learned how to be a member of a team a long time ago. I excelled in security, and I loved every minute – more... of it. – less
Challenging job with opportunity for travel
Horizontal Construction Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Irwin / National Training Center, CaliforniaSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good pay and advancement opportunities
Cons: away from home a lot
Great place to work. Great advancement opportunities. Upper leadership very knowledgeable and dedicated to Soldier welfare. Every work day brings new challenges.
Exstreemly rewarding position which is important to the future of our national security.
Senior Leader Mentor (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: very rewarding when you are able to successfully train a team.
Cons: sometimes it can be difficult to get people to work together.
During a three week process we Observing, Coaching and Teaching senior leader on skills that allow to deploy to Afghanistan, so that they can successfully teach the Afghan security forces on how to properly manage and control their security forces in an operational manner to fight for and control Afghanistan. This is done by giving classroom instructions – more... follow by up by practical exercises with role players. Then they are then evaluated at the Nation Training Center with their parent units prior to deploying to Afghanistan. – less
US Army
Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Technical Engineer (Current Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 13, 2014
Experience on leadership and the value of teamwork. We went overseas and worked with different people on projects.
An exciting experience of working with such a diverse group. Minimal pay, but the benefits of free food, housing, and entertainment were grand.
Personnel Records Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: company benefits, skilled training
Cons: pay
Each day was routine, beginning with physical exercise, then off to work in my trained profession. I learned a lot about being discipline, teamwork, and other cultures. Management was fairly leveled, but some of my superiors were not strong leaders. My co-workers were fine, especially since we all independently worked our own set of personnel files. – more... The hardest part of this job was the physical exercising, and the most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for my performance. – less
Dynamic Team Leader and Player, Ambitious, Multiple Skill Sets
Logistics /Program Instructor, Squad/Shift Leader (Former Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKSeptember 12, 2014
A typical work day would start of with rigorous,morale building, physical exercises for in the morning. During the course of the day i would log varies stats of the day or other training.
Learned something new everyday
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Beilvor VirginiaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: good work schedule
Cons: dealing with people who didnt want to work
To be in the Army and work in DC was a honor and a privilege. I got to meet new people and have a new challenge each and every day. My co-workers were the best group of people to work with. Overall the experience was the best part of the job.
love serving my country
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Fort DevensSeptember 12, 2014
Love working for my country. love doing paperwork for soldiers entering and exiting the military
Dignifying and worth the time and effort.
Front Line Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, educational benefits
Cons: family time, time management, certain policies
The Army has served my family and I well. I've learned how to accomplish several things and what not to do in other area's. I've served my county honorably and would say that you get what you put out of it.
Productive workplace that allows a person to gain a wealth of knowledge and experience
Senior Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free education; free healthcare, free dental, unlimited job training classes, 20 year retirement plan
Cons: length and frequencey of deployments to combat zones
A typical work day consists of me managing property, purchasing supplies and equipment and managing govt credit and travel card programs.
I have learned a great deal throughout my years in the military. The military taught me how to survive on my own and make conscious decisions. It taught me how to manage not only my own life but the lives of my subordinates – more... as well.
I learned how to effectively manage people. As a manager you must know your subordinates and realize one person's weakness may be another person's strength. I've learned how to treat everyone the same regardless of race, religion, gender, age, or nation origin.
I have had good and bad coworkers over the years but the one thing I've learned was to understand everyone has a different opinion.
The hardest part of my job is leaving my family for a year or more at a time going into a combat zone.
The most enjoyable parts of the job is meeting people from all walks of life, meeting and making lifetime friends, and knowing that I'm providing a service to my country. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more