U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 40,723 reviews matching the search
travel/friend/family
Senior staff manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McPherson, GAJuly 22, 2017
nothing like get up very early in the morning with physical training, mostly of the days, it give you that energy for the rest of the day. like been a supervisor and having soldiers respecting you because you show them you care and know how to lead and lead by example. after your day is done you go home to your family and express your days, mostly of the time they are interest.
Pros
get paid no matter what.
Cons
no overtime no matter how long or late you work.
Great personal experience
Infantry and Chaplains' Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KY; Friedberg, Germany; ArizonaJuly 21, 2017
Active and National Guard have both been rewarding both personally and professionally. The U.S. Army has provided opportunities and experiences that have been positive and memorable. Many jobs translate well into civilian life if one chooses to take the appropriate opportunities. It has also given me great chances at travel that I would not have had otherwise.
Pros
Travel, work eperience, professional/ personal growth
Cons
The need for an understanding family.
Amazing place to work
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 21, 2017
- Work with people with the same mentality and goal
- Serve my country
- Traveling, time away from family and love ones
- Meet other cultures and share knowledge
I loved being a part of the u.s army. I learned a lot from being involved.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOJuly 21, 2017
As i grew within the army i learned discipline, how to manage time. And also how to manage supply and clean. We did a lot of organization and cleaning so i am very well orgainized and i manage time very wisely.
Awesome
Operations Manager/Training Support Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort McPherson, GAJuly 21, 2017
What can I say. It was a privilege to serve my country for 21 yrs. My time in the military was a defining moment in my life. It refined my values and character as a person.
Pros
the people
Cons
getting shot at
High Stress Environment at times, Always busy
Manager (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 21, 2017
A work day consisted of workouts, maintenance of equipment, and preparing for training.
Things I learned was discipline, organization, communication, and attention ton detail.
Management was strict when they needed to be and didn't micro-manage.
Workplace Culture was diverse, well cultured, friendly, and fair.
The hardest part of the job was weeks or months away from family.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the medical benefits and job security.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Amount of Time away from family
Good Experience
91F Small Weapons Artillery Repairer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2017
The national guard is a very different aspect from active duty status but you do learn alot in the span of weekends and training events. It also allows you to obtain a degree while working a civilian job and being a part time solider.
Pros
good benefits
Proud to have served in the United States Army, meet and served with soldiers all around the world.
Intelligent Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 21, 2017
You have to be available 24/7, 365 days. Learned to work in a Joint Command, working with all branch of service. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Civilians. The hardest part of the job was being separated from your family. and the unknown of you daily task, we could be sent to War at anytime. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are serving and protecting your country so they have the freedom to be safe, and being able to Serve and Defend for 20 years. I can not discuss the job I did in detail.
Army rocks!
Battle Systems Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 21, 2017
I had a great time in the Army, if given the chance I would do it all over again! It has everything you need; potential for growth, real world experience, tons of time for training, and top notch physical fitness!
A typical day at work
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 21, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of a 12 hour shift
training and learning the skills necessary to work in small and large teams under strict management
Enjoyed It
Motor Transport Operator/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Various AreasJuly 21, 2017
As a young man entering into the military, it gave me the ability to be a man, and to be a leader. It taught m that i can do ,and be anything that i could be, and be a leader.
Pros
The leadership training
Cons
The heat in the summer time doing field work
Fun to work with other photographers
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 21, 2017
It's always great to do the things you love so actually turning it into a career is the best lifestyle to live. It's always exciting being able to do what you want everyday
Proficiency
Purchasing Manager / Stock Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 21, 2017
Typical day at work started early and ended late. I learned a lot with in two years I was getting cross trained in different areas away from my actual job tittle. Hardest part of my job was to only be able to see family occasionally but i did get to enjoy all the greenery in WA.
Pros
Wonderful discounts, steady paycheck
na
Medical Logistics/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJuly 21, 2017
The military career just depends on where you happen to land. Job placement helps but the wrong duty station or platoon sergeant can ruin your experience. Conversely, a good duty station or leadership can make the military experience both fun and rewarding.
Productive, enjoyable and a place to learn and grown.
Technical Inspector and Section Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX,July 21, 2017
I learned a lot there, would not give it away. Grown so much physically and mentally I would recommend you yes me give it a try, because you don't have nothing to loose but to gain.
Productive place for americans
Cyber Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. SillJuly 21, 2017
When you arrive to work, you are ready to take any challenge that comes your way. You will be highly trained and capable of meeting all requirements necessary for that position. I've learned a lot of great things here, management was also great. Getting use to different weather climates can be difficult, they always ensure no one is left behind.
Pros
Opportunity is always available
Cons
various weather conditions
Great Organization
Operations and Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 21, 2017
Stress but challenging. One of the very few organizations that gives you a large amount of responsibility and leadership opportunities so early in your career.
Career Recruiter
US Army Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYJuly 21, 2017
One of the toughest positions to serve in the US Army outside of direct combat.
Will cost you time with family and those you love. Constant battle of morals versus the mission
Capability developer
Capability Developer/ Logistian (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lee, VAJuly 21, 2017
I loved being part of the US Army for 31 years because of the excellent opportunities, great benefits, opportunity to travel around the world. I experienced new cultures and have a deeper appreciation and respect for other nationalities, all in servicing this great country. It was definitely a wonderful experience.
Bad place
Aviation Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJuly 21, 2017
Lied about Job description, never did what I was told I would do, a lot of racism and sexism. A lot of favoritism was showed. Soldiers who worked late and did their jobs were treated horribly, while people who did not do their job was praised.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4