U.S. Army
15,395 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Great place to work and to serve your country.
Artilleryman (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 20, 2014
A typical day in the military is getting up bright and early to conduct Physical Fitness monday thru friday. Then after you grab a shower, put on your uniform and grab a bite to eat, off you go to work at your unit. The hardest part of the day is making sure your soldiers are equipped with the knowledge they need to have to complete each mission against – more... the enemy while deployed and that they know how to conduct themselves and carry out each missions that are given to us during war time so they don't get killed and return safely home to their loved ones. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing each mission safely, returning home and getting some much needed down time away from work. – less
US Army Logistican
Unit Supply Sergeant, Bravo Co 307 ENG BN (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: impeccable leaders and soldiers
I have an extreme passion for supporting the War Fighter on a daily basis!
World's greatest Army.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJuly 20, 2014
Being in the world's greatest Army is one of the proudest times in my life. Never have regrets about serving my country. Pay isn't great, it's the government... but never have a medical bill, see the world, do things you only dream about and maybe see on TV. Makes you a better person.
a good place to start
Recovery specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 20, 2014
this is a great place to work if you are 18 years old, otherwise you can do better.
Excellent opertunities to excel and be a leader
Maintenance Supervisor, Operations supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great benifits and compensation
Cons: year long deployment overseas and to combat zones and away from family
On a average day we conducted physical training at 0630, work from 0900 to 1700.
Awesome, fun
Military Police (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 20, 2014
had a blast while I was in if you love to travel and care for others this is the job for you the people you will meet are great.
Not the best
HR NCO (Current Employee), Wheeler Army Airfield, HIJuly 20, 2014
The army should be looked at as a stepping stone and not an end all. If you are satisfied with being under utilized and mundane then this is fine employment. If you dream of things with more purpose do not come here. I have been in for almost ten years and felt like I wasted a lot of my time, I think it would have been better spent getting higher education.
Great Organization
Supervisor (Former Employee), Sheridan, ILJuly 20, 2014
Pros: training, promotion
Cons: constant deployment
The United States Army has a great organization. Leaders continue to strive to make sure their solders are well trained and informed about the benefits the organization has to offer each of them. The organization continues to train leaders, therefore, providing leaders with the necessary tools needed to gainfully employ their people as all time.
I enjoyed my time working in the U.S Army
Personnel and Equipment Movement Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 20, 2014
I learned that while working in the military, that alot of hard work and dedication go a long way in advancing your career.
Excellence Experience
Combat Engineer, Squad Leader (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 19, 2014
Was an experience I will never forget. Glad that I served. Made a lot of good friends and enjoyed every minute of it.
My expierence
Infantryman (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 19, 2014
Typical day at work would consist morning Physical training for a 1 hour and 30 minutes to build and strengthen our bodies for the demand of this career. Throughout the day would consist of basic and advanced training to teach and reteach newer soldiers to build their knowledge. Leadership would make sure we are where we need to be, what uniform to – more... be in, and delegate what needs to be done. They're not any hard part of this career but most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people, training, and the physical and mental demand this career has – less
Production
Human Resources Sergeant (Current Employee), FT Campbell, KYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits and traveling to different countries
Cons: doing certain things that didn't make sense
Learning how to have good time management skills is very important. I learned how to be successful at overcoming obstacles, I like the benefits that the Army offers.
This type of job is all about the people you work with
MILITARY INTELLIGENCE EQUIPMENT MAINTAINER (Former Employee), Fort BraggJuly 19, 2014
It’s the Military. You work and live with the people at this job. It was another great experience that nothing will ever compare too.
The best organization to learn a trade, yourself, and see the real world.
Water Transportation Engineer Officer (Former Employee), Ft. Eustis, VA. Panama, Canada, Desert StormJuly 19, 2014
Pros: going to so many different countries and meeting great people.
Cons: having to leave one place just to go somewhere else and start all over.
Going to PT every morning, get cleaned up for work duty, get of when the job is complete, no regular hours. Have a sense of accomplishment when the day is done.

I learned self discipline, physical and mental training, different trades and skills. I learned what the real world is doing and how to survive in it. I went to other countries and learned – more... their culture, their languages, and they are just as humane as we are.

I had some of the best managers/mentors the world has to offer.

There were good and not so good co-workers. All had something good to teach me.

Spending so much time with so many great people in so many different places and the retiring so I could move on with my life.

The most enjoyable part was going to so many different places and meeting so many different people. Learning how to live in so many different places, speak different languages, eat different foods and really enjoying life. – less
Great place to work and learn lots of things
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 19, 2014
I was aSupervisor of mutiple soldiers doing my career. I also trained lots of soldiers to ensure that they were able to operetor the equipment properly and safely.
Learning Opportunity
Satellite Communications system operator (Current Employee), FT Campbell KYJuly 18, 2014
I learned a lot about how a huge organization, like the Army, communicates and operates. I supervised, maintained, troubleshooted, and installed numerous networks.
Telecomuunication Team Leader
SIGNAL TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Ft Huachuca, ArizonaJuly 18, 2014
There is no typical day within any military branch besides the time and even that was a variable.

On average an individual can expect to wake up at 4:30 A.M. - 5 A.M. to be at formation by 5:40 A.M. You would then proceed to do physical training for an 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. "Work" actually began at 9 A.M. unless otherwise noted by a superior.

I had – more... the pleasure of having 3-5 soldiers under me towards the end of my time in service. I had to take accountability for my equipment, myself as well the health and wellness of my soldiers and there families well being. This can include but not limited to financial inquiries, health and dental inquiries, housing, military training and education and enrollment in civilian training and education.

The hardest job was the job itself. In my opinion, that's what also made it the best job I have ever had. – less
Hard Changing
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free uniforms
Cons: low pay
Fast Paced and Always Changing. Easy job to do. Deal with many people, and there careers.
Service
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 18, 2014
After many deployments, it is time to move on. The hardest part of the military was all the time that was spent away from home. The training is great, excessive at times.
Life with the Army
CYSS, Training Specialist NF (Former Employee), USAG Grafenwoehr, GermanyJuly 18, 2014
Very rewarding since 1999 when I first began. Moved to Germany in 2005 and enjoyed working for MWR and CYSS for all these years. Typical work day is very energetic, long hours but rewarding knowing at the end of the day you provided the best service to the Soldier and Families to meet the mission.

Very outgoing individual so co-workers were awesome – more... and great to get along with.

Most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work in a foreign country and get to see the diverse lives of people and how my service to the community played a huge part in mentoring and making a difference. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more