U.S. Army
15,600 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Honored to serve in the Military
Material Manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 30, 2014
I am honored to serve in the United States military. It has provided financial security to me and my family. I have picked up many skills that I am excited to share in other employment areas.
US Army
Officer, Field Artillery (Former Employee), GermanyJuly 30, 2014
Pros: work hard and play hard
I loved every minute I spent in the US Army. Great soldiers. Great leaders. A mission that matters greatly.
Infantry
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee), fort drum nyJuly 30, 2014
Learned critical life saving and security skills. spent time overseas and began expanding my cultural views through hands on work with locals
Trusted Co-workerrs
Work Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Fayetteville, North CarolinaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: optempo
I learned various skills throughout my experience in the military. I understand what is needed to complete tasks in a timely manner with positive results.
I rarely ever had two days that were the same so it is difficult to explain what a typical day may have looked like.
I have managed everything from personnel and equipment to funds and logistics.
Challenging
19D Cavalry Scout (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 30, 2014
Stressful, but great benefits and great chances to advance up.
VETERAN/PRIDE
POWER GENERATOR EQUIPMENT REPAIRER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), United States/Europe/Southwest AsiaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran. I obtained supervisory skills and could not have asked for a better group of soldiers.
More than a place to work; it's where lives are shaped!
Chief Ammunition Warrant Officer (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: challenging and rewarding
Cons: demanding and unforgiving
There is no typical work day, one day you are at a desk and the next there is training and life learning experiences being gained. On this job you learn how no job/position is more important than the next. Case in point as a manager; there is no such position without personnel and resources to manage. In this lob you are guaranteed to become a better – more... person, through the people who surround you. This job is like non other that you'll ever have, it's challenging, demanding; however the rewards far out weigh the sacrifices! – less
Enjoy the job of satellite communications. Interesting, in demand, great future
SATELLITE SYSTEMS OPERATOR/MAINTAINER (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 30, 2014
Pros: its the army
Cons: lack of team trust.
The work is great, when we have missions they run smoothly. I can't wait to do this in the civilian sector.
Great Atmosphere for Professional Growth
Logistics Officer (Current Employee), Wiesbaden, HEJuly 30, 2014
From my first day in the Army, I have had ample opportunities to grow professionally and personally. As someone with limited leadership skills coming out of college, I was able to learn proven leadership techniques and apply them on a daily basis. Communication skills are at a premium in the military and I was able to develop myself as a public speaker – more... by giving briefings and training and writer by publishing intelligence articles over the course of 7 years. – less
strict and physical
Infantryman (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 29, 2014
Busy, learned to be team oriented and self disciplined. Hardest part of the job was waking up early. I liked training and being fit he most.
Great Experience
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee), Ft Lewis, Wa; Rose Barracks, GE; Ft Campbell, KYJuly 29, 2014
Meet new people, explore the world and gain knowledge and experience that you never dreamed of.
Productive, challenging, disciplined
Ammuntion Handler (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKJuly 29, 2014
The Army is a great opportunity for anyone, serving the country was a great privilege. Day to day routine was all about time management, attention to detail. I have learned incredible life lessons through the army that I wish to bring to the next chapter of my life.
Good benefits
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 29, 2014
The benefits are great and it is a stable career. Pick your MOS wisely as it will hinder or improve your chances of advancement. If you do not plan to retire make sure you pick an MOS that directly translates to a civilian job.
Incredible and rewarding experience
Captain, Assistant Systems Manager (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKJuly 29, 2014
Pros: everything
Leadership driven, dynamic, focus on training and expertise. Cooperative work environment dedicated to critical needs.
My experience in the military.
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, opportunities
Cons: family separation, hazardous duty
There are many things that I both liked and disliked about the Army.
Much of the training and knowledge that you obtain as a soldier is, in my opinion, crucial to basic survival.
The Army is not always the most organized function in the world, however, when leaders and soldiers come together and do their part, any task can be completely quickly and – more... efficiently. The hardest part about my job was separation from family members, however, I knew prior to serving that was going to be a sacrifice I'd have to make. – less
Waiting on the word.
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: concistant pay check, benefits, days off.
Cons: being talked down, 24hr shifts, early mornings, lots of standing around for no reason.
The Army is what you make of it. A lot like high school. Make friends, study your Joe notes and you'll do great.
It was great for me
Infantryman, Explosives Dog Handler (Former Employee), U.S ArmyJuly 29, 2014
Pros: oppertunity
Cons: being away from the family
For me the U.S. Army was a great experience. I had the opportunity to do and go places that I would never have had. The best part was the people that I meet. I still call my brothers and sisters till this day and will always.
Adventerous
Food operations manager (Former Employee), Fort CarsonJuly 29, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: disrespect
A typical day at work would be interacting with Soldiers and teaching honor, integrity, and loyalty.
Everyday was a learning experience, not just in job skills but learning crossing training skills.
I've been in a leadership position for 15 years and management for 10 years.
The hardest part of being a soldier was keeping discipline and order for different – more... ethnic groups.
The best part of my job was traveling to different country's and providing help when needed. – less
Good job. Makes a good man better.
Fire team leader (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KyJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: the people and places you work arent always the best.
Good job. Makes a good man better. However not everyone can do it. If you have a strong heart and a stronger body then you'll go far in whatever career field you choose.
excellent experience
military police (Former Employee), multiple bases of residencyJuly 29, 2014
Pros: hands on training, life experiences
Cons: incomming morter rounds often
US Army gave me the discipline needed to succeed in a competitive workforce

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more