U.S. Army
21,262 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

Excellent start to any carrer field
Section sergeant (Former Employee), Ft Riley, KsApril 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits reasonable salary
Cons: Constant relocation
A typical day at work consist of a variety of task whether it be routine preventive maintenance on heavy equipment to data management. I learned to be very flexible and well versed in a variety of subject areas. The hardest part of the job was the constant uncertainty of future events.
Best of all of the armed services
Helicopter Crew Chief (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYApril 18, 2015
Pros: Best employer in the world
Cons: Lots of time away from family
I spent several years in Special Operations. I learned about leadership and teamwork from the best of the best. Nothing can replace the experiences, both good and bad, that I encountered in the army.
Challenging and life rewarding
Veterinary Services (Former Employee), VariousApril 18, 2015
Pros: Travel, rewarding, education, healthcare
Cons: Long deployments
Fast paced and ever changing environment. Management styles are various as well as work styles which are dependent upon the unit and it's mission.
Career
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), EverywhereApril 18, 2015
Military is a different life/career but they take care of your family. Expect to move every three years and to be away from family.
Excellent place to work and do something more than work. Serve your Nation
Transportation and Movement Coordinator (Former Employee), Ft Myer, VAApril 18, 2015
Every day we do physical training and work on our duties. You can always count on your coworkers and your supervisor always look out for you and your family well being.
us army
Military cook (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 18, 2015
i loved it and skill use all of my skills now as i cook for my family and take on the world and the friends you meet while traveling are the best ever
Be, Know, Do!
Senior HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, GAApril 18, 2015
Cons: Quality time with family will often take a back seat to the mission.
In my opinion, Fortune 500 companies have historically, and, continue to build their business models around the Army's lessons learned and organizational structure. The military is the premier example of job culture and acceptable management practices in the US.
Fireifghter
Lead Firefighter (Military) (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYApril 18, 2015
An Experienced Firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician who has mitigated all type of emergency’s to include Structural Firefighting, Hazardous Materials responses, Vehicle Extraction, Vehicle Accidents, Aircraft Emergencies, Building Inspections, Aircraft Hanger Inspection, Fire Alarm Response and Basic Life Safety. A versatile management professional offing comprehensive background supporting U.S Military Operations in roles of increasing responsibility during a 7 years career in the U.S Army. An effective communicator who quickly masters new roles and technologies to achieve positive results
Hard Work
Hazardous Waste Coordinator (HWC) (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Education and Medical Benefits
Cons: NA
Excellent Training environment. There is physical training and team building, that an individual will learn throughout there military career. All training will last them a lifetime.
MY POV
19 Delta Cavalry Scout Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Great Insurance
Cons: You can't just leave when you want
A typical day in the Army varies day to day not knowing what is going down until told what to do. The only thing set in stone would be Mondays which would be motor pool Monday and Thursday is SGT time training.
flexability and Teamwork
Computer Detection Repairer U.S. Army (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis McchordApril 18, 2015
There are many things you learn in the Army you are never defined by the job you sign up for you are always being pushed to be more then what you were before. Teamwork and communication are huge factors in the day to day work. I really enjoyed working beside my bothers and sisters of the Uniform if i wasn't able to accomplish the task at hand alone I could always count on one of them to be there when i needed them. I have grown in so many ways threw the military that it would be near impossible to get it all down in this brief review. what id say Im looking for is an opportunity to grow even more in my knowledge so that i can can become an even stronger leader. Ive grown in an environment that required that I always be flexible and stay sharp on my surroundings. nothing is difficult unless you have the wrong thinking difficulty is a state of mind.
Highly motivated environment.
12B10 Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: good pay, excellent team work, good communication
Cons: Time away from family, long days of training
A typical day at work starts at 0500 AM, follow by an hour of physical activity. After breakfast, you gather at the company for accountability and a long day of activities.
Loved being in the Army
Military Police Officer (40hrs+) (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChordApril 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great people to work with, great benefits
Cons: low amounts of off time
Hard Work day but very rewarding, loved training and leading Soldiers, great benefits for you and your family. Everyday something new would happen no boring days. Exercise regularly at work and provided multiple uniforms. fun times going to shooting ranges and had many family/ work events.
The U.S. ARMY there is simply too much to be said.
Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 18, 2015
Pros: Too much to list
Cons: You may die on the job
The U.S. ARMY there is simply too much to be said here. If you are curious about enlisting in the us army I would suggest contacting your local recruiter.
MILITARY
35th Engineer Battalion (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 18, 2015
LOVED MY ARMY CAREER, MEET GREAT PEOPLE, SEE OTHER COUNTRIES, LEARN HOW TO LEAD SOLDIERS, BECOME VERY PROFESSIONAL AND MOTIVATED
Team oriented
Operations Officer (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZApril 17, 2015
Pros: Great Culture
Cons: Not for everyone
I was given several opportunities to excel as a manager for numerous organizations. I consider my successes to be the ability to help my subordinates increase their skills and become productive members of our team.
great benefits
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAApril 17, 2015
Pros: free education, advancement, retirement
Cons: travel, less family time
great place to work if you can work in a demanding environment. great benefits and opportunity for advancement and retirement
Loved serving my country
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 17, 2015
Learned discipline and the meaning of team work. Met great friends and and proud to have served my country. Serving in the Army changed my life for the better
flight operations. flight flow aircraft, dispatch, weather reports. Kept a flight hours data base for all pilots and crew members.
Flight Operations Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft. Benning, Honduaras, Ft Hood, Hunter Army AFApril 17, 2015
Pros: I love aviation
Cons: being away from home
I worked in a flight operations center. We received flight plans form pilots and submitted to the flight tower prior to every flight. Once the aircraft was in route we followed through radio. We kept flight hours for both monthly reports and pay purposes. All crew members, pilot and regular crew on flight status received a yearly review of their total hours for the year.
Challenging and Fast-Paced
Brigade Intelligence Officer (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 17, 2015
Five years as an Army officer prepared me for anything. The complexity of the problem sets are the highest any young person (22 for me) can expect. With training and the support of concerned and dedicated senior officers growth and development in the military is tough to beat.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries