U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,189 reviews matching the search
Productive, never a dull moment
Instructor/Writer (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 28, 2016
A typical day consists of conducting physical training (pt) at 0600 to 0700. Then based on your committee you prepared for the training you will conduct or continue with military commitments that need to be completed for the day.
Pros
Each duty day is different
Cons
At times, time sensitive assignments are passed down at the very last minute that need to be complete by COB.
A lot of down time when there is no work to do
12N Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 28, 2016
Hurry up and wait everyday. The hardest part the Army is sitting around outside in the cold or heat because there is no work to be done. Management in the Army will go look for the most crazy things they can find and make you do just because there is no work to be done.
Productive workplace with great benefits.
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJuly 28, 2016
A perfect institution to pursue a lucrative career, broaden your horizon and improve oneself in every aspects. A workplace with great individuals from all walks of life.
Created a great deal of opportunities to learn and grow
Infantry Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 28, 2016
My service in the United States Army has been the best eight years of my life. I had the opportunity to meet some great guys, travel all over the world, and learn alot of skills that have benefited me personally, as well as professionally
Exciting and Challenging
Senior Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 28, 2016
An experience that I loved and will miss. Challenges and people that bring out the best in you. Work environment that stresses results and rewards the innovative and bold.
Productive work area
US Army (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2016
I enjoy being in the military. There is always something to work on and improve on! There is always something new whether it is work related or not. Great people as coworkers. Always learn something different. New experiences at all times as well.
Pros
Great soldiers
Cons
bad food
Great place to work with amazing leadership
Chief Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 28, 2016
This job entailed working with contractors, civilians and military personnel in order to train the new crop of Sergeants Major in the United States Army.

I learned that the budget that is given is not always the budget. As the chief of logistics I was able to acquire $4 million dollars more just by asking.

Enjoyed the leadership and the free reign that was given to me as the chief of logistics.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
location of the school
Very mentally and physically challenging
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 28, 2016
A typical day working in the Army is very unpredictable and varies depending on current events and the Big Armies schedule.
I learned a lot about myself like self limitations and how far I can easily push myself to accomplish a goal.
The leaders in my section of the Army were great and helped me develop into the soldier I needed to become to survive my deployment in which I did.
The hardest part of this job was the "unknown"
The most enjoyable part of this job was pay day.
Benefits
Cons
Time consumption. 24/7 your a soldier and hours vary depending on current events
A way of life
SIGNAL SUPPORT SYSTEMS SPECIALISTS INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJuly 28, 2016
This is a life changing choice and a great way to serve your country. I have enjoyed every minute with my fellow brothers and sisters in arms defending our country and working group to train our younger generation on how to be leaders and carry out critical missions and reach success.
The Army is what you make of it
Engineer Officer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 28, 2016
Generally the population exiting the military have a distaste for their branch at discharge. If you put the effort forward to make your company/job better, then that is the result you will receive. The hardest part of being in the Army is making others understand that if they don't do their part, then addition stress is put on those around you. Teaching individuals this can be challenging. The end result is worth it. As an instructor I had the opportunity to see people molded from (sometimes) immature young adults into fully self-sufficient Soldiers in the Army.
Pros
Combat and meeting great people
Cons
Long hours can put stress on familiy members
as
68W Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 28, 2016
Best experience I have ever had, I feel as if I made a difference in many lives. I was allowed to observe procedures outside of my scope of practice.
It is the outstanding career feel and I believe everyone should participate in serving their country.
Chemical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 28, 2016
Consistently demonstrate expertise and professional practice with knowin consistently demonstrate expertise and professional practice, excellent report children early we handicapped individuals I was standing in a personal skills and communication skills enjoy working with the public dropped 15 player who effective and self-motivated work independently
Great job
Computer Network Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 27, 2016
Great oppourtunities and lots of fast paced work. lots of chances to elf study and is great for a self motivated person
It takes a lot to be in the 1%
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 27, 2016
The military has good benefits, and you get to travel, serve your country and provide for your family. The military has given a lot of people a chance to go to places they've never been and only dreamed of. Only the strong will survive. The military is only made up of 1% of our popultion in the country.
Pros
Benefits, Housing, traveling
Cons
your job isn't the only thing you do, you always have to answer to someone else
very productive
Unit Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 27, 2016
This was the best experience of my life, i was able to meet wonderful people, i learned about different cultures, i had so much fun, i didn't care for when we went out into the field but i got use of it.
Serving
Medical Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2016
My Military experience was excellent. My family and I traveled around the world and my kids experienced many things not available to most kids. Benefits were great and now that I am retired the benefits continue.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Separations from family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2016
Being enlisted in the United States Army allowed me to work in a structured environment with guaranteed pay and benefits for me and my four children.
Great Start
PROVOST MARSHAL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the Army. I got to serve my nation and learned great life skills. The Certification I gathered from the Army will help when starting a new chapter in my life.
Pros
Benifits, Training
Cons
Hours
The life of a Petroleum Supply Specialist and Human Resources Supervisor in the Army
Human Resources/Training NCO (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 27, 2016
A typical day as a Petroleum Specialist can be long at times with the refueling of trucks and aircraft's. You have to be prepared for any kind of emergencies that could accrue at any given moment. From something small like a minor spill to a huge fire or explosion. As a Human Resources Manager is different because the hardest thing may be a difficult person to help or someone missing with your files. My co-workers were some of the best people I've ever met. Being in the military taught me to watch out for the person next to you at all times. The hardest part about it was being deployed away from my family four separate times ranging from 8 months to 15 months away from them. The most enjoyable times were being able to meet new people and train new personnel and watch them become leaders themselves.
Pros
Healthcare, Education, Travel
Cons
Deployments, Salary
Military
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 27, 2016
Worked closely with 50 to 100 people daily. Trained soldiers for combat deployments. Long days. Working with multiple cultures. Worked paperwork for myself and other soldiers. Multiple teaching opportunities for subordinate personnel.
Pros
Health Care, Time off, Deployments
Cons
Salary, Away from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4