U.S. Army
22,790 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Don't enlist if you're not ready
94E Radio and Communication Security Repair (Former Employee), GAJune 29, 2015
Although it was fun, there is a ton of bull that you have to go through. Basic is great. I thought it was way to easy. AIT was awesome as a night student.
very repetitive
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJune 29, 2015
management showed little concern for soldiers and family affairs or work issues. mission and task was the only thing tat mattered.
Flexability
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJune 29, 2015
If its one thing that I have learned being in the Army is that you can not approach everyone the same. You have to observe a person actions, emotion, & body language in order to determine the professional approach towards that person. Being flexible is a important key also because you have to be able to do your job and at the same time be willing to be crossed trained in another job position.
Great job and i enjoyed serving my country
Corporal - Communication (Former Employee), Taegu, South KoreaJune 29, 2015
Pros: Traveling the world
Cons: time away from family
This was without a doubt the job that taught me the most about myself. It taught me great responsibility and how to truly work in a team oriented environment.
Amnesty NCO/ Shift Leader (Former Employee), Camp Virginia KuwaitJune 29, 2015
Team building experience. supervised soldiers on daily functions. Reviewed and recommended soldiers for awards. Presented amnesty briefs to groups of soldiers no more than 350 at a time.
Great training, opportunities and experiences!
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Ft Lewis, WAJune 29, 2015
During my tenure in the Army, we performed our day-to-day routines in a uniformed, consistent pattern. From 6:30-8:00 am physical training, through the rest of our work day, we had every detail of our day planned to a standard. Through such meticulous organization there were many instances where we would have to adapt and react in a timely manner to unforeseen issues or new orders from superiors . The constant potential for unplanned circumstances allowed me to gain the ability to cope and effectively handle stress and changes in
any situation. The Army provided me with invaluable training and skills to apply to my lifestyle in the military and to carry on to my civilian life. My initial years in the Army as a "Private" I was expected to follow the orders of my superiors and work in a team environment. As I progressed in the military I took on the role of a "Team Leader." My duties as such, were to manage and train new soldiers in all aspects of the military. In addition to playing the role of their superior, I also had to also be their peer to assist them in the difficult transition to the military lifestyle. From difficulties coping, to personal hardships at home, I was expected to be there to help them with any issues. Through all of this I learned how to effectively assert myself as a leader yet be approachable when help was needed. The friendships and bonds I have made while in the military will carry on with me in later life. To consider my peers as "co-workers" would not be appropriate; we were much more than that, we were brothers and sisters. We – more... experienced the "good times" together but more importantly we helped each other along through the hardest of times. There were many difficult and hard times I experienced while in the Army. The most notable hardships to me were the psychological and emotional strain that came from multiple field cycles and a combat deployment. Being away from friends and family for prolonged periods of time were very difficult to cope with. I thoroughly enjoy that I had my "brothers and sisters" to help me through those hard times and am entirely grateful for their support. In closing I would like to note that it is difficult to convey my military experiences within the suggested parameters of the "review" portion. I am confident that my military experience prepares me to adapt to the demands of the civilian workforce and am eager to demonstrate my work ethic and knowledge. – less
I love the Army
Platoon Sergeant / Company Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 29, 2015
The Army was a great place to start my adult life. I learned more life skills and work ethics in my 9 years in the Army than I think I would have anywhere else.
Dynamic Workplace
Company Commander (Current Employee), Fort Jackson, SCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Nice secure Pay and benefits
Cons: Long hours, blessed or cursed by timing
Fun job, with periods of boredom and monotony; the Army is what you make of it; Leadership is helpful more times than not; room for advancement
Duty as an Army Recruiter is stressful but rewarding
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, Ft. Jackson SCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Excellent training, Fellowship
Cons: Moving, Hard on families
I've enjoyed my 25 years in the military. The last 15 was as a Army Recruiter which was stressful but rewarding. The salesmanship training and counseling skills which I learned/developed would assist me in my future career options. I've had the opportunity to manage three recruiting offices, two recruiting districts, and train recruiters/advise leaderships that covered 7 states.
Organized workplace
Motor Sergeant and Operations (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 29, 2015
Great place to learn structure, organizational, multi-tasking, and discipline skills with numerous types of stressors.
military life
Tank Crewman (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: great benefits lots training
Cons: no real home life but thats all part of the job.
While in the Army I learned many many skills to include management, life saving, soldering skills. the most difficult part of the military was leaving my family for deployments. The people you work with in the military differ due to people from all cultures forced in to one place everyone reacts different to stress. the most enjoyable part of this job for me was knowing that we were a team fighting for the country that we love so much.
Sergent Cable Installation
Cable Installer and Maintainer Specialist (Former Employee), usaJune 29, 2015
Installed, maintained, serviced, troubleshoot, repaired and operated secret military communication security devices. Rebuilt infrastructures and telecommunication closets using telephone equipment, fiber optic equipment, coaxial cable, and CAT cable within buildings, elevated structures and underground vaults. Constructed and modified blueprints and schematic diagrams. Operated manual and pneumatic machinery. Erected and climbed towers; stringed overhead communications and electric cables between utility poles; built and installed antennas and satellite dishes. Kept accurate logs on job of all work related information.
Extremely active duty
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee), HQ - Camp Hovey, KoreaJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits while enlisted
Cons: Little personal time, little security after enlistment
There were many duties upon myself other than what I signed up for. Started with physical workout in the mornings. Then heading to supply to recover daily equipment. As a signal specialist it required to be out in the field most of the day to setup antennas and wires for communications throughout the company and platoons.
Fast-paced work environment
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Hunter Army Airfield, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Tons of training, always moving
Typical day of work starts at 6am for group physical fitness. After that the work day is from 9-5pm. Being in the Information Systems occupation, and given we work with numerous types of commercial and military equipment, there is alot of heavy lifting; communication dishes, servers, running cables. We have Officers and supervisors who coordinate and help delegate the completion of duties. Most of the projects are huge tasks and affect hundreds of mission critical assets. Although, none of the tasks could be completed if it were not for the team-oriented effort; teamwork that's fostered withnin the job and military. The strains of the job is constatly being awake early for mandatory fitness as well as completing you duties through the day, constantly moving and communicating whilst trying to fight fatigue. Most of the enjoyable things within the military is that everybody is enduring the same thing as you are and how everyone copes with it leaves memorable impressions. Hard to describe unless someone was in the service.
Good work place
Power Generator Repair Mechanic (Former Employee), Camp Casey, KoreaJune 29, 2015
It has great employee benefits, including vacation, sick leave, and health insurance. It also a fun place to work. However, you will meet all kind of people good or bad. Overall, it was a good experience to work for Army.
Wonderful experience and rewarding.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSJune 29, 2015
Pros: Health and insurance benefits.
Cons: Time away from family.
Supportive leaders that drive results. Professional work environment that emphasizes teamwork. Time away from family can be challenging. Health benefits are excellent.
It was ok
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), hawaiiJune 29, 2015
It was not the best place but not the worst. You will always have leadership in places that are not good leaders. I enjoyed my actual job just not my leadership. Health benefits are good. There is a lot of stuff that comes with being soldier so just be prepared for anything. Make sure you can control your anger because its all about respect in the military.
Best Job I Ever Had
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIJune 29, 2015
I joined the army to make a change in my life. Needed a new start and a new direction and I got those things and more. It was a challenge every step of the way of the results and the changes you make along the way are worth it. Made some of the best friends I've ever had and had some of the greatest experiences of my life.
Experience
Health Care Specialist/Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 29, 2015
The Army will prepare you for a lot of jobs and give you good life experiences. You can travel to many different places and meet a lot of different people. The pay is not that great but the health benefits make up for it.
Competive work environment with exceptional potential to learn.
Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AlaskaJune 29, 2015
During my time with the Army I was able to develop ideas into practical exercises. Enabling me to learn with a hands on application.

Working in the Army enhanced my ability to develop team cohesivness and effectivness. Operations were designed to encompass everyones effort.

I was fortunate to serve many positions in the US Army as an Infantry Officer, all of which benefited myself and the unit.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries