U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 30,596 reviews matching the search
Great Experience and so many opportunities
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 24, 2016
I am absolutely grateful to have been able to serve my country and obtain so many useful skills and experiences while doing so. I gained patience, learned how to lead, and selfless service. I also learned how to properly prepare food because of my job as a food service specialist, and much more. I would recommend anyone to do it, for great benefits as well and a since of pride!
Pros
Paid tuition
Cons
Hardcore
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 24, 2016
The military is a very different type of work place. It was very interesting at the least. I enjoyed working for the US Army. My day always ended well. My co-workers were very helpful as well. A typical day in the office consisted of assisting the physicians, administering vaccines, getting vitals, and also preforming administrative duties such as filing, answering multi-line phones, etc.
Pros
Defending my country
Cons
N/A
Good experience for real world applications
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJune 24, 2016
There was never a typical work day. Every day brought a different challenge. The soldiers I worked with became great friends and I will always remember them. I had the privilege of going to Afghanistan to see a whole different world.
Pros
benefits, people, experience
Cons
bad leadership
Military
Infantryman and various administrative positions (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 24, 2016
A typical in the Army, no such thing really. I learned way more than can be listed here. I had good leaders and some I didn't feel were as good. Some great fellow soldiers and others who didn't quite make it. Deployments were the toughest. I just really enjoyed being in the Army.
Great comradery
INFANTRYMAN (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJune 24, 2016
Overall the army was a very challenging life style to adjust to but the regiment and structured life it created was well appreciated by me. I enjoyed serving my country and it was pretty much what I thought it would be. There are no such thing as surprises in the military.
Pros
awesome tours, world travel, and duty stations
Cons
no official scheduling, you are on call 24/7
Not bad but always room for improvement
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJune 24, 2016
The typical workday starts at 05:30 and does not end until 17:00. Most of the day is riddled with rigorous physical activity. Volunteering was a must to get assignment usually related to your job description otherwise most of the day was utilized doing motor pool activities.
Pros
Never had to worry about cooking a meal unless you wanted to
Cons
Could have done more tasks related to actual job description.
It is what you make it.
Satellite Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJune 24, 2016
Just like everything. It has ups and downs. Get the most out of it since they will get the most out of you. I would say the worst thing is when those in charge keep everyone around when only one or two people will do.
Productive and effecient place to work
Radiology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJune 24, 2016
Best state of the art equipment to work with and learned from. Most hardworking co-workers who are willing and always available to help.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the patient load maintaining the least wait time as much as possible. Management was always there to provide the much needed management and flow of patients in and out.
Most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things and getting to see different patients each day.
Pros
free coffee
Great work environment
Cannon Crewmember (Current Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJune 24, 2016
I learned a lot from the Army and people I served with such as management, mechanical skills, patient, discipline, etc.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
hardship
productivity and discipline.
Culinary Operations specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Drum, NYJune 24, 2016
A typical work day starts at 0500 and ends at 2000hrs.I learnt discipline, punctuality, time management, people management, team work and always getting the job done. The hardest part of my job also happen to be the fun part. Its getting other soldiers to commit to the the task at hand and getting the job done.The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet and work with diverse race. our diversity was our strength.
I like the challenge when I was in the Army.
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 24, 2016
I learned a lot with my 20 years of services in the Army. The Army allowed me to do several things that I never experience before.
please review resume
Chemical Defense Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell North, KYJune 24, 2016
I have held various jobs with multiple responsibilities which range from supervisor to military police. My typical day varies but the hardest part of my day is managing the many different personalities of soldiers.
Productive and Innovative
RECEIVING CLERK (Current Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJune 24, 2016
Customer Service and completing the mission is and always be my main focus. The most enjoyable part of the job is clearing the floor after a day of nonstop commotion and thousands of parts to process with limited staffing and minimum time to do what needs to be done.
totally awesome experience
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee) –  variousJune 23, 2016
was able to do a lot of traveling
great school of discipline/respect
days were long yet each day brought a new learning experience
met a variety of people
Pros
health benefits/travel
Cons
extremely long hours
The military changed my life
Dispatcher/Movement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UT 84084June 23, 2016
I learned may different skills and jobs. I learned a lot about myself and how I lead and manage others. The military changed my view on everything.
Pros
Excellent benefits and life skills
Cons
Deployments
War
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX 76544June 23, 2016
I would go out and try not to die and make sure the people with me don't die. And then try to save people lives by defusing IED's
U.S. Army
Staff & Faculty Company Fort Eustis (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VA 23604June 23, 2016
I couldnt have asked for a better career to have been in. I loved the armhy and my job. I traveled the world seen things that others will never understand and experiance in there life.
Pros
travel the job serving my country
Cons
sand in my butt
Very good job/career and fun work enviorment
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 23, 2016
Typical day at work is a good workout session in the morning. Follow by doing whatever needs to be done during the day. I've learned a lot while in the army. Learned about different people and there cultures. How to work and adjust my working habit around other people to build a bond.
My own thoughts.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCJune 23, 2016
The Army has changed, and will continue to change, into something I no longer wish to be a part of. Leaving after putting so much time is might seem foolish but it is the right choice for me.
Team Focused, Goal Oriented, Fun working environment
Director of Personnel / Training Management (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 23, 2016
Multiple tasks going to keep Projects being completed; Employees trusting each other to complete their part of the tasks.

I have learned patience, there are always three sides to every story and how to use positive re-enforcement to drive productivity.

Positive competent people strive to achieve greatness, find the strengths of everyone and use them to benefit the team.

Hardest part of the job would be able to complete multiple tasks having well short staffed or not having a lot of the things you need or support of the higher ups.

Most enjoyable part of the day and being able to help people be there best and gaining the sense of mattering to an organization.
Pros
Phone, parking, healthcare, retirement plan, shares, positive leaders
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, no retirement

4.4