U.S. Army
22,910 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Mastering the juggle of responsibilities
Unit Administrator (Current Employee), Horseheads, NYJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits & healthcare
Cons: Underpaid & overworked
The Army is all about numbers and does not care about its employees. A typical day at work usually involves teleconferences and a multitude of reports. The hardest part of the job is the unmanageable amount of work for one person, although the challenge is rewarding in itself. It teaches you what your limits are and challenges you to rise above your limits to overcome these obstacles. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the Soldiers are taken care of, which is the most important detail!
Exciting challenging workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free food, physical training, great co-workers
Cons: less free time, deployments
Most days would start very early in the morning with some physical training. After breakfast, the rest of the day would either be full of training of weapons or equipment, maintenance of vehicles and equipment, and individual exercises to promote physical and mental resiliency.
Over all a good work environment
M1A2 Abrams Tank Armored Crewman (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Free health care, education benefits
Cons: Not a lot of family time.
My time in the Army as a whole was extremely rewarding. I have opportunities for advancement, as well as learning valuable tools that can be applied to non military life.
CHALLENGING
13B Cannon Crew Member (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 5, 2015
Pros: FAMILY ORIENTATED ACTIVITIES
Cons: LONG HOURS
FROM PT IN THE EARLY MORNING TO TRAINING WITH YOUR SQUAD/SECTION EVERY DAY IS A NEW LEARNING EXPERIENCE WHERE TEAMWORK IS THE KEY AND GETTING THE JOB DONE IS ALL THAT MATTERS
Love structure
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Being on call 24/7
I enjoyed traveling the country. I made life long friends. I enjoyed working in supply. I also traveled to Iraq during my time serving. I like the on the job training.
Executive Management
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, vacation days, life insurance policy, 4 day government holidays
Cons: Additional duties outside of job title, deployments to hostile environments, constant relocation
Worked closely with senior level executive to meet the given mission. Executed daily task with little to no supervision and managed at a minimum six soldiers. The most challenging was getting 12 hours of work done in just 8 hours, not to include 2-3 hours used for board meeting or training. However the reward was completing the tasks, seeing the soldiers proud of their work produced and used to brief high ranking officer and using my knowledge to coach, teach and mentor all who wanted to learn or needed assistance.
Service to country
SGT, Squad Leader (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 5, 2015
The military teaches you:

Teamwork: You learn how to work for the good of the team, how to divide tasks, and how to draw on the diverse talents of each team member.

Responsibility: Every work assignment is viewed as a mission.

Initiative: The specifics of military orders go only so far; beyond that, you need to decide how best to accomplish the mission.

Stress management: You learn how to keep stress from interfering with your work and your leisure.

Diversity: Military experience exposes you to people from backgrounds very different from yours. Military women often work in nontraditional roles.

Physical fitness: You'll learn habits of healthy living that you can use for the rest of your life.
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKJuly 5, 2015
Pros: people, and benfits
Cons: long hours and time wasted for waiting to leave for the range.
I was glad to work for the ARMY and I learned a lot from the experience and would do it all over if I could. I would recommend it too all. great place to see the world and work for, just a lot of long hours.
I was extremely please with my time here.
Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Promotions, benefits, job security, point of pride
Cons: deployments
I enjoyed being a medic very much. I was able to help others daily, and more importantly teach them the skills they needed to be able to help themselves and others.
Great place to learn, grow, and make life long friends
Water Treatment Specialist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WashingtonJuly 5, 2015
Helped me to become a better person as a whole. A typical day would consist of maintaining our equipment and fixing what is malfunctioning with the help of a group of well trained, highly motivated co-workers. The best part of my job is that it pushed me to be better.
Mission focused job with great subordinates and leadership
Logistics Officer, Major (Former Employee), Shelby, MSJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Salary and leave
Cons: Required extended periods at work
Logistics Officer 05/2009 – 09/2014– Managed a team of 5 personnel gaining 100% accountability and management of all supplies and equipment valued at $10 million dollars and eliminated all excess and unserviceable equipment.
Family like work climate
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Weather
Excellent place to grow and work. Remarkable environment that builds excellent leadership skills and knowledge. Builds you up as a better person, both mental and physically. International work experience and constant developmental training for all employees. The job locations are excellent and allow you to travel and see the world while working.
Good Experience
Ammunition Specialist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 5, 2015
A great experience
Enjoyed co-workers and the people I meet
Well lesson learned for my future
Attention to Detail
Discipline
Positive
Small Teams Project Manager (Former Employee), Ft. Hood, TxJuly 5, 2015
The military is a positive experience for anybody who wants to make a difference and have some order with their life. You get trained in a skill that you will be able to carry over to the civilian world.
Its always a good job when you can serve the country
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Lots of labor
I enjoyed my time in the service. I signed up after 9/11 and wouldnt trade the experience for anything. It did require a lot of time away from home though.
Its pretty Fun!
Team Sergeant (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 5, 2015
The United States Army is a fun place to work, but the Military life isn't for everyone. I worked in Killeen, TX for about 5 years. If you cant skip going there I would.
no time for family but good pay
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COJuly 5, 2015
Ive learned how to manage and lead my coworkers are great they stand by you for the rest of your life. The hardest part of the job is to go without seeing your family for such long periods. The most enjoyable part of the job is you share a bond with your fellow soldiers that cannot be matched anywhere else.
loved it
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lewis WAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: steady pay
Cons: away from home a lot
taught me great values on how the be an effective leader and team player. learned most of my values and work ethic from the military. it was what I needed at the time.
A fun exillerating experience that I would not change for the world
Soldier/Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 4, 2015
On a typical day I would wake up at 4:30 am and complete physical training from 6:00am -7:00 am. After physical training I would report to the aid station and assist with patient triage and care.
Biggest organization in the world.
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, Good advancment profesional and educational
Cons: Weeks at a time in the field for training.
Depending on the current mission and can range from maintaining vehicles by assisting mechanics on repair.
Training peers and Soldiers below for current readiness on all warrior tasks and drills. Also specific job requirements including demolition and construction.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries