U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 25,354 reviews matching the search
Unmatched Experience
Stryker Systems Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WA; Schofield Barracks, HIFebruary 7, 2016
I made bonds that could never be broken, and never be found in another field on a daily basis. I went to work with like minded individuals that sought the same results from every task. The leadership always had the best intentions for all of us in mind.
Pros
Brotherhood; Experience; Meaningful Work
Cons
Time away from family
U.S. Army M1A1 Tank Systems Mechanic / Recruiter
Recruiting Center Commander/ Assistant, Missouri (Current Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 7, 2016
Proven top level performer. Able to rapidly identify a given situation, develop plans to address deficiencies, coordinate team members to address situation and get results. Effectively communicate and coordinate with employees and customers. Develop and mentor team members.
Productive Workplace
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARFebruary 7, 2016
I like the structure of the United States Army and have enjoyed working with fellow coworkers. I was working in a relaxed atmosphere and was allowed to do my job without supervisor intervention.
Come to work do the job and go home a couple of hours later with a feeling of accomplishing great things during the day
Automated Logistics Specialist/ Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at work for myself is usually very busy, providing customer care, meeting deadlines, leading personnel, attending meeting. I have learned how to prioritize things, everything may not be done immediately but the most important should be completed first. I've lucked out with a great team in my current job, the personnel are cooperative and understand the importance of completed the job right. The only problem I've had is personnel arriving a couple of minutes late to work.

The hardest part of the job is the deployments for 6 months, I can deal with being away from home but 6 months at a time was quit much.
The best part of my job is that I meet people on a daily basis, people of all cultures, beliefs, race, the diversity of people in my current job. I have a chance to learn things from different people from all over the world.
Pros
Healthcare, Vacation days
Cons
Deployments
Productive and good teaching/learning enviornment.
Squad Leader (Sergeant) (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of physical training whether it would be running 2-4 miles every other day or muscular endurance training every other day as well. And this would begin at 6:30am then rolling over to the actual working portion of the day at 9:30am. I've learned the value of teamwork outside of a athletic setting and I better understand leadership and have learned management skills. There is truly no hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable is looking back on the entry position that I entered as and seeing the development of myself and others around me.
The Quality of Life while serving in the US Army for 20 years
74D/ CBRN (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Wake up to go do some physical training for about 1 hour a nd15 minutes then I shower eat breakfast and go to work so my day normally starts at 0600 until 1700. My work day can consist of doing inspection, giving a brief, doing a lot of admin data on a daily basis and following up on support or request for support, make sure that personnel's or equipment are in the right place at the right time failing is not and option. As for training I just have to make sure training is done to standard not to time because all I do is supervise because of the rank I have earn.
Pros
My actions always speaks for itself.
Cons
Getting ready to RET from the US Army after 20 years.
hello
Network Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 7, 2016
hello hello by adele hello hello do the friday on sometimes saturday anytime though we arent fully dogmatic count dogs.
Great Structure.
Aviation Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAFebruary 6, 2016
The Army gives you that firm foundation for being your life. Gives you the opportunity to see exactly what it is you make want to do in life.
Pros
You will always have a steady check. No matter what.
Cons
The job you pick in the Army may not be the job you actually do.
productive work invironment
Team Leader Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HI 96857February 6, 2016
The skills and experiences I learned from serving in US-ARMY to always look sharp, and Take good care of my team, Assemble diverse teams to get a range of perspectives, I quickly discover no one had a lock on the right answers, Investing in relationships for the long term, The relationships formed in the military are lifelong, and serve me well in a business career, willing to listen to everyone opinion that incorporates as many ideas as possible, Stay calm under pressure, Act decisively even with limited information, Carefully plan out the logistics, Lead with integrity, I learned to operate with integrity and high ethical standards, know and can do everything I ask of those how work in my team, Be the expert know the job do the difficult tasks, Give 100% of effort at all time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Exciting
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KS 66442February 6, 2016
This is the place to be if you want a career that gives you the chance to travel and live around the world, such as Germany or Korea.
Great Organization
Senior Talent Manager (Current Employee) –  JBLMFebruary 6, 2016
Even with long days, everyday I was afforded the opportunity to help and mentor people in a variety of different ways; and that to me is a successful rewarding day.
Pros
Promotion opportunities
Cons
Exhausting long days
U.S. Army
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 6, 2016
I enjoyed the Army. The most enjoyable part about being in the Army was the sense of family and community within the company. The people I worked with made work not seem like work.
Changes your outlook on life
Fire Team Leader/Company Armourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 6, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of anything from jumping out of airplanes, going to a shooting range, practicing skills, classes, fixing vehicles and maintaining a functional work place.
Its the Army
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, WashingtonFebruary 5, 2016
Being in the military might be a learning experience but its not a job for everybody. You have to be disciplined, hard working, and ready to give your life to them.
Pros
Leave days (vacation)
Cons
name it
Proud to Serve
Parachute Infantry Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 5, 2016
I will miss all my coworkers, but I am glad to not be on call 24 hrs a day and 7 days a week and living out of 2 bags. Over all, it was a great experience.
Not for everyone
Signal Communictions (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 5, 2016
The days some times can be long and stressful, work starts at 6:30 AM and last most days till 5:00 PM. Some day due to job requirement you might need to stay till 10:00 PM. The life experience that you get is invaluable. You meet so many people from across the world in this job or as support personal. It is an environment all to its self
Pros
Medical, and Dental benifits
Cons
Deployments
Us army
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 5, 2016
Maintained a Secret Security Clearance while possesion of over 136 accountable soldiers. Maintained Secret documents to provide leadership for soldiers.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Bad Leadership
More than just a job.
Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA 98433February 5, 2016
A military service career develops not only hard and soft skills, but also teaches valuable life lessons. This invaluable training will prepare you for whatever future career aspirations you might have.
Pros
Travel, advancement and training.
Pushed to limits
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 5, 2016
Being in the military, made me realize that I could do more than I could imagine. It opened my eyes to different people and different cultures.
Unorganized and Strenuous Environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Pickett, VAFebruary 5, 2016
The Army isn't what it used to be. Undisciplined Soldiers are entering into the military and we are expected to teach them what their parents failed to.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Ineffective Leaders

4.5