U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Great Job
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: A lot of Traveling
Cons: Away from home a lot
If you like to travel then this is the job for you. You will always have an interesting day. A lot of hard work and long days. You are away from home a lot but it's manageable.
Hardest job of my life, but very rewarding
Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: You have to risk your life
I don't need to tell anyone what exactly happens in the Army, a lot of people pretty much know what we do. There is not much to say other than this is a VERY demanding job. Only take this if you are willing to sacrifice it ALL.

You'll learn a lot about yourself. Your weaknesses and strengths will show themselves. You will be pushed harder than you ever have, and then some. This job can either be the best job you've ever had, or the worst depending on you and your leadership.
A day in the Army
SOT-A Observer, Coach, Combat Trainer (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free MREs
Cons: Slow promotions
A typical day in the Army starts around 5am with 1-2 hours of exercising, followed by meetings in the office beginning at 9am. Following the meetings we usually complete daily tasks and plan for future missions. There's always a tasking from higher coming down at the last minute right before everyone goes home for the day that has to be done that day before anyone goes home.
The people I work with in the Army are some of the hardest working and intelligent people you will ever meet. Everyone is working towards the common goal of being prepared to deploy and protect our freedom at a moment's notice. Very few people actually do this job for the paycheck. We do it for our children's future in America.
US Army
S-3 Operations Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 27, 2015
Pros: Job security, benefits, health care, sense of pride
Cons: Competition creates egomaniacs sometimes
Grew up and matured in the US Army. It taught me the true meaning of a good work ethic, what it means to be "professional", how to properly time-manage, and how to multi-task. Although on the larger scale, the training rotation stayed essentially the same, everyday was something different-sometimes you were conducting additional training and sometimes you were counseling Soldiers on how to reach that next goal. Some units promote and foster a good cohesive team centered around no one single person, yet other units thrive on the singularity of self and ego takes the front seat. The hardest part of the job is dealing with incompetent senior leaders who equate rank to intelligence. The most enjoyable part of the job usually isn't noticed until a few years after the "lesson" is over.
great experience
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 27, 2015
Being a soldier in the Army was a great experience. It taught me a lot that i can use in my everyday work life. Unfortunately my career was cut short due to injuries.
Strong leadership
Food Distribution Associate (Former Employee), Fort LewisMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good housing benefits
Cons: Unstable place of duty
Typical day involves coordinating with agencies and receiving supplies. Accomplishing goals set is the most enjoyable part of the job.
truck driver
Truck Driver, (Former Employee), Federal,May 27, 2015
Pros: driving
Cons: no rest when needed
Driving all over the place with other people hauling different stuff
around the people were ok staying awake when needed resting
when you had a chance
Great life experience
Mobile heavy equipment mechanic (Former Employee), Ft. Stewart GaMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work was exciting, having something to always do. I met a lot of interesting people and went to many countries.
It is what you make it
Imagery Sergeant (Former Employee), Springfield, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, on-post amenities
Cons: Frequent moves
Experiences differ by location and personnel. The Army provides the widest selection of jobs and advancement can be quicker than in the other branches of service, but this can be both good and bad. Sometimes individuals who are not ready for leadership positions are promoted ahead of those who are ready. Being a soldier requires a great deal of flexibility and patience. Off time can end at a moments notice and you can expect to have long days no matter where you are located. The skills learned, both military and job related, are invaluable and can translate to fairly lucrative positions in the civilian sector.
fun times depending on who i was with
Cable Systems Installer-Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), variousMay 27, 2015
Had fun in the military, but time for something new in my life, met great people learned a lot about life itself and working, its interesting to meet people from all different walks of life.
Army man
Soldier/All-Wheeled Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good experience, good pay, great benefits, schedule
Well as a soldier we must be ready for anything. So our days werent quite typical. But we usually start our day with physical training at about 6:30am, then went to our jobs at about 9am. I was a diesel mechanic. We would then work on trucks as they came in. And we did this until about 5pm when we got off. The managment was good, they would often help us fix trucks. There realy wasnt anything hard about our day when we were in the states, but over in Iraq, the hard thing was to be away from our family and friends. I enjoyed the whole army experience because it taught me to work hard, have dicipline, and to alway drive to be a better person then you are right now.
US Army review
Tank Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great life experience
Cons: 6am PT
Working for the Army was one of the best parts of my life. I learned many things about myself from the Army. Work days started at 6am with PT and then we would go change and start work at 9 am. Me and my team worked on Tanks and other vehicles. My supervior was SGT. Houn and he was a good leader. The hardest part of the job was waking up everyday for PT. The best part was getting to work with people from all over the world and traveling.
Army
Supply Clerk (Current Employee), AKMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work consist of physical fitness training and an average 8 hour work day. Which could be anything from maintenance to office work depending on your job. Overall it is a great environment and you are surrounded by a team.
sales man
Supply Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAMay 27, 2015
work day was 9 to 5
learned much about the supplements
I was the manager
i had one coworker
the best part was training new employers
Productive and fun workplace
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: free daily meals and free housing
Cons: short breaks, healthccare
Typical days of work consisted of physical training along with daily tasks, work material familiarization and orienteering.
Worked with Military Families
Family Readiness Support Asst (Former Employee), California , ArizonaMay 27, 2015
Pros: Love working with our Military Soldiers and Families.
Cons: Moving away from them
Helped train Military families on there benfits and entitlements during deployments and at home station. Put together Yellow Ribbons from set up to schedules calling families and trainers to help with deployments.
Fort Lee
91B (Current Employee), Fort Jackson and Fort LeeMay 27, 2015
Wake up is at 0330am PT starts at 0500am the rest of the day until 1700pm consists of work for the PSG (Platoon Sergeant) or 1SG (First Sergeant) and work on your MOS(MIlitary Occupational Specialty).
high speed firmly constructive
Transport and Supply (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 26, 2015
Pros: meet great people
Cons: hurry up and wait
the army is a very up beat stay with the pace quick learning job teaches you great time management skills and disipline the leaders are firm but it makes us better i the end
U.S. Army
Transportation Logistics Noncommissioned Officer (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKMay 26, 2015
Pros: the skills both technical and tactical that you are taught
Cons: the instability of a family life
I have served our County with honor and pride.

Over the past 12 years, I have built a successful career with the United States Army. My experience in the armed forces has provided me with discipline, leadership abilities and the can-do attitude it takes to complete important tasks. It has also taught me how to effectively manage stressful situations in order to meet various challenges. In particular, my expertise in management and leadership would be extremely useful in helping any business achieve its goals.

As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player and leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and dedication.
It's not for everybody but, I was proud to have been a part of it.
Senior Network/ Transmissions Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TexasMay 26, 2015
I previously submitted a review about the United States Army. Like I've stated. It's not for everybody but, if you ever get the chance to serve you know the pride and camaraderie a soldier feels as a part of this organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries