U.S. Army
20,129 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Awesome
Senior Instructor/supervisor (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: comradery
Cons: deployments
Best experience a man could have, learn about people and hardships. Best part is the comradery, worst part is the hardship situations.
everyday was an adventure
CPL (Former Employee), WAHIAWA HIFebruary 25, 2015
Army really changed my life and made me a responible adult. I still live by my army values everyday. I loved serving my country, and i would do it all over again.
Tough but fair
Sergeant (Current Employee), Ft. Campbell, KYFebruary 25, 2015
The Army is a place where you can learn things about yourself that you never knew! The military teaches you discipline, team-building, and various other useful tools.
Wonderful Army Life
Power Generation Equipment Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 25, 2015
being a united states soldier was the best job i ever had. after morning PT, the work day started 1.5 hours later. you generally just do the job that you were trained to do and go home.
Lifetime experiences.
31U Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington NCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: guaranteed job.
Cons: going to war.
Armed services teaches discipline and responsibilities needed for everyday life. You meet and learn from many different people and many different cultures when traveling abroad.
Its the Army
Captain (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 25, 2015
Poor work conditions, low pay, lots of job security, and you get to do a lot of cool stuff. Not for everyone, but can be fun.
Productive and high speed career.
Automated Logistic Specialist (Current Employee), Cape Coral, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Being a part of the U.S. Army has been an absolute honor. My unit Cadre are the best of the best. Some of the most high speed individuals I have ever met in my life. They have taught me the best leadership skills, discipline, and how to work above my rank and my peers.
Productive Work Environment and Great Co-workers
Specialist (Former Employee), Queens, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities
A typical day at work for me consisted of attending leaders meetings which would aid in preparing for our daily duties. After which I would begin to Delegate tasks that need to be completed for the day to my soldiers.
great
Health Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 25, 2015
great externship i learned alot.great place to learn the ins and out of working in the medical field. met great people. vitals signs patient check in optometry many clinics to work in
Productive work enviorment
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day as a wheeled vehicle mechanic you will do services on heavy and light wheeled vehicles that you are trained and proficient in.
stressful
Forward Observer (Current Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, job security, pay
Cons: long hours, stressful, lots of travel
Wake up and do P.T. every day. Can be very micromanaging, always have somebody breathing down your neck about something
learned to be a leader
SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free time when not training
Cons: lack of sleep, training all day and night, combat hazard.
A day at work consisted of work out sessions during the morning and evening every day, Training classes most of the time then Field exercise. I learned to be a leader and train other soldiers in combat related topics. My co-workers are friends and you build a bond of brotherhood because of the hardship you endure during combat and war deployments. Hardest part of my job is to control detonate a IED (Improvised Explosive Device). The most enjoyable part of my job is saving lives and knowing you made an impact in someones life.
The requirements for promotion are outdated therefore people with no leadership ability or intelligence often end up in charge of you.
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch, benefits, pride
Cons: benefits, others stress, long days
I learned how to endure situations early on as to not make them worst and eventually things will change. A typical day would be reporting in bright and early to hurry up and wait, and if we complete our duties faster than expected we were to pretend to be busy. If we were caught not having anything to do we would receive busy work for everyone, something like building tents and taking them back down over and over until formation. The hardest part of the job was learning as much about the military rules as you can so when you are targeted by some bad leader you can defend yourself or they will ruin your career without blinking. The most enjoyable part were the comrades and battle buddies you go through all of this with being there with you and the bond you guys build. Most of those friendships last ten times longer than any of the ones made anywhere else. Also, this is just my honest opinion on the unit i was with for the last 7 years but all units are different with luck you may end up at a great one.
Recruiting
Recruiter (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 25, 2015
My position as a Recruiter for the United States Army consisted of educating and recruiting individuals. I was responsible for the day to day logistics of our command station.
Excellent Organization.
Radio Retransmission Operator/ 25U (Current Employee), Fort. CrasonFebruary 25, 2015
The Army helped me become a leader, also to think critically and deal with controversial subjects while providing a medium to inform on new ideas and analyze concepts, doctrine and warfighting principles.
No place like it
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: new leadership every year
It's the government always expect the unexpected. Things are ever changing. People leave and come back. People move on and retire, move out of state, and new people come.
Structured workplace that teaches the importance of communications and job skills
Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TxFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great work environment and learned life skills
Cons: spent too much time overseas
Learned the skills i need to Perform my duties and the structure necessary to become a skilled leader and communicator. A lot of wasted time trying to figure out what duties we were suppose to perform each day.
Diverse training, exciting assignments
Specialist (Current Employee), Ft. Lewis, WAFebruary 25, 2015
The knowledge that what you are a part of is vital to the protection of your nation is a benefit that can never be taken away. Another pro would be the atmosphere of brotherhood and selfless service.
Although everyone's experience is different, one con is the amount of time spent away from your family and friends.
Demanding and rewarding
Engineer School / Training Development (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOFebruary 25, 2015
It was an honor and a privilege serving the people of this great nation. The challenges and rewards of serving in the military as well as the high level of teamwork and camaraderie are an experience I will never forget.
Excellent profession
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAFebruary 25, 2015
Being apart of the department of defense is an excellent profession and career opportunity. I recommend anyone that is out of high school or cant figure out what they want to do to try a career in the department of defense.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more