U.S. Army
21,578 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

Productive environment due to its culture from embedded values.
Executive (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIMay 4, 2015
Pros: Camaraderie, Fellowship, Team-Work
Cons: Limited experience in the Civilian work environment.
Phenomenal experience and work environment that enabled people to grow as leaders at all levels. It's foundation has been known to be acquired at other successful organizations.
Young man became a man
Cavalry Scout (Former Employee), variousMay 4, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Departing
The Cavalry Scout is the commander's eyes and ears on the battlefield. When information about the enemy is needed, they call on the Scouts. Cavalry Scouts engage the enemy with anti-armor weapons and scout vehicles in the field, track and report enemy movement and activities, and will direct the employment of various weapon systems onto the enemy.
The worst part of the job was when I first came in learning the rules and regulations.
The best was when I learned the rules and regulations and started advancing/promotions.
United States Army made me who I am today
Human Resources Specialist - Contract (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 3, 2015
Pros: Learned what it means to be a great leader
Cons: Spending pro-longed amount of time away from family.
My time in the military shaped me for the rest of my life. I feel as though I have very good work ethic and can handle stressful times extremely well. The military has changed my life and I will always cherish my time spent.
Great Place to work
Food Service Operation Manager (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Salary, Training, Professionalism
Cons: Nothing bad to say
I served 25 years in the US Army and would recommend anyone join the US armed Forces. It has great on the job training and teaches you discipline. It gives you the confidence you need to be successful. You have the opportunity to meet different people from all walks of life.
Fast paced, tightnit unit of coworkers that had to reach a goal together.
Squad leader/deisel mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Free healthcare
Cons: Long hours, and combat
Though my job with the Army many times meant long hours, there was a great sense of accomplishment when our team succeeded at a task. Teamwork is the vital thing I learned about work. Management often pushed hard, yet the means to an end frequently presented itself. Coworkers could be a challenge, yet when properly motivated, they could rise above the hardest challenges.The long hours were hard, but the strength of the bonds built by struggling together and pushing forward is the best part of hard work.
US ARMY 5 years
Automations Network Support and STT Operator (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsMay 3, 2015
Pros: Very Physically Challenging, Security, Benefits, and Training
Cons: Long Hours, Mentally Taxing, and Lots of wasted time
My typical work day was always involved and an experience to learn. It provided multiple physical and mental learning opportunities for anyone seeking them. Most co-workers where always trusting and looking out for each others best interests. The hardest part was gaining the instilled discipline and learning to adjust to always changing situations that could and usually were last minute. In all leading to the most enjoyable part of the job being its constant influence on character and training.
US ARMY life
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 3, 2015
Pros

Building great teams with life long connections. The opportunity to be a part of something bigger than yourself. Job security. As an enlisted member, you have a great deal of control over your career and advancement.

Cons

Long hours, staff duty, time away from family, missing important life events due to training events or deployments, government downsizing, benefits are being threatened to be cut.
We do more before 6am than others do all day!
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDMay 3, 2015
Awesome way to travel the world, learn discipline, meet new people, and gain real life experience in desired field with excellent opportunities to advance.
SIGNAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
SIGNAL SUPPORT 25U (Current Employee), CAMP HOVEY,ROKMay 3, 2015
BEING IN THE SIGNAL CORE ITS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO LEARN. MY DAILY ROUTINE DIFFERS FROM DAY TO DAY. IM A COMMO REP FOR MY TROOP OF 120 SOLDIERS. MY DUTIES INCLUDE LOADING AND TESTING SINCGARS RADIOS,BFT2/JCR SYSTEMS,MOVEMENT TRACKING SYSTEMS,SUBMITTING REMEDY TICKETS,MAKING AND RUNNING CAT 5,INSTALLING PRINTERS.
THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS BEING THE ONLY PERSON TO SUPPORT SUCHA LARGE AMOUNT OF SOLDIERS AT ONE TIME. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS THAT I HAVE LEARNED AND EXPANDED MYSELF IN WAYS I DIDNT THINK WAS POSSIBLE.
Either you will love it or you will hate it.
M1 Armor Crewman (Former Employee), VariousMay 2, 2015
The Army as an entity will take care of you and ensure that you are given the opportunity to make something of yourself. The individuals that are in charge at some organizations shouldn't be there, and that is the one downfall: your supervisor may be severely overqualified to do his job, and you will suffer.
Relaxed good environment to work in.
12N Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee), Hurley, WIMay 2, 2015
everyday, show up, take orders and accomplish those orders in a fast safe manner. operate heavy construction equipment with minimum safety hazards.
Loved it
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 2, 2015
Pros: Changed my life for better
Cons: would still be doing it if not for last NCOS
Loved my job, loved doing my job, lots of kinks in the chain on command, dirt poor leader ship at squad level, Enjoyed most of the time spent
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), McChord AFB, WAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Being away from family
• Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers
• Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met
• Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs
• Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities
• Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans
• Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
• Making Decisions and Solving Problems
I like
Hazardous Material Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 2, 2015
I am proud to have worker for the US Army thank you for all the great things you have tought me. I have been in the army for 15 years and will miss it but it is time to leave and be more of a family man.
US Army Veteran
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCMay 2, 2015
Pros: got to see europe and procted our country
Cons: Basic training in 100 degrees weather
A typical day includes
Purchased inventoried items/ equipment, controlled mid/max levels, while maintaining accountability of inventory items, company vehicles, weapons and with a high security clearance in charge of arms room.
managing , and supervised 3-4 logistics personnel on day-to-day operations by showing loyalty, integrity, trust and being a team player.
Maintained supply and arms room, while following processes, policies, procedures of the Department of Defense.
Military
Petroleum Fuel Specialist-Military Police (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Honor and Duty
Cons: Family
I served in 2 branches of service. The Army was a great experience. There is no better place for team building skills. The Navy was by far the most enjoyable. Deployments were only 6 months and being able to visit other countries was educational.
Builds character and traveled the world
High Potential Rifleman (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 2, 2015
Pros: Travel the world
Cons: Away from family
I would provide security for the navy and instruct a course to foreign soldiers. I learned how to shoot really well. Management was a little micro managed. Made some life long friends. Post deployment was not very exciting. Teaching was so much fun.
Productive and very professional enviroment for growth
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMay 1, 2015
Pros: stability
Cons: away from family
Very good enviroment to work in if you like working with people. I enjoyed myself every minute and loved the experince that i was able to capture while there.
Review
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 1, 2015
I love lending a helping hand and helping others when needed. I'm really good at talking to people especially in rough situations. I love to work and be responsible for big tasks. I have no problem with stepping up or going out of my way to help someone else.
Honor, integrity, confidence, leadership
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Moundsville, WVMay 1, 2015
Pros: training, experience, pride
Cons: n/a
I had the chance to challenge myself both mentally and physically every single day. I learned to work with people from all walks of life, respect for diversity, appreciation for teamwork. I traveled, heard some of the most inspirational speakers. I participated in Special police teams, and was the suicide prevention officer for one of the largest US military installations. The confidence I gained and the knowledge are both things one can only get from a military experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries