U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,100 reviews matching the search
The Army
Operations and Plans Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 18, 2017
The Army is a great organization with unlimited opportunities. I absolutely loved everyday at work. The training was excellent and the people I got to work with were great. The hardest part of the job was moving location after work relationships were established. I was in a management position the whole time I was in the Army.
Pros
Benefits and work relationships.
Cons
Depolying to hostile environments
Great people with a flawed set up
91B All Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lewis, WAFebruary 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time in the Army, and I only really ever had one issue. My main issue is that you can have a supervisor that has no idea what he or she is doing in charge of a bunch of people who are still learning their job. This is because you keep rank when moving jobs so someone who has been infantry for 5 years can change to mechanic, and all of a sudden they are in charge of 6 people who are still learning how to be mechanics.
Pros
great comradery
Cons
poor leadership
Indeed forcing reviews
Managing Officer and Public Affairs Liaison (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NC 28310February 18, 2017
Job I like indeed however is really starting to tick me off. There's no need to force a person to a review just to continue on to apply.
work
comsec radio repair (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 18, 2017
Normally start everyday off early in the morning for mandatory physical training, then afterwards you go to your specified job site to do your work. misc. work in between. only fit for certain people.
Very busy workplace.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 18, 2017
We had to keep a flexible schedule. Anything could come up at any moment that required us to change mission. I learned to be disciplined and how to work proficiently through stressful situations.
Pros
Benefits, job security
Cons
Stressful, relocation at any moment
Great
91 Bravo, Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAFebruary 18, 2017
Able to learn new skills that arent presented to the general public. Learn basic skills that can prepare you for everyday life. Also learn certain skills that takes the average civillan years to master
Awesome & recommend to all
Company Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAFebruary 18, 2017
Excellent place to work in a fun and exciting atmosphere. Other staff willing to help and assist in any way. Great location and easy access to the interstate.
Fun fun fun
Psychological Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 18, 2017
The best part of the job is being away from garrison. FTX's and deployments keep you motivated and improve basic soldering skills.
A great career choice for those needing a change or feel dedicated to thier country
power generator equipment repairer (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 18, 2017
I enjoyed fighting for my country and upholding our culture in foreign lands.it was an experience I wouldn't trade and made me very patriotic. Set my life in motion and gave we the structure to be an upstanding citizen.
Great place to grown
Wrecker Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Carson, CO and Ft. Hood TXFebruary 17, 2017
Joined when I was 27 and was the best decision I made. I learned a lot about myself and to take care of others. Was already a mechanic when I was in so they just helped improve a little
best time of my life
EFFECTIVE DECISION- MAKER IN HIGH-PRESSURE (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 17, 2017
i loved being a service member. it was literally the best time of my life!! i learned alot of things. i learned maturity, loyalty, honesty, commitment and respect.
fun job lots of traveling.
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOFebruary 17, 2017
Best job I ever had met so many people but its still very hard work and lots of dedication and hard work but it is very well worth it very good pay and benefits.
You get out what you put in.
First Sergeant/ Personnel Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAFebruary 17, 2017
The Army is not for everyone, and there is hardly enough room to elaborate here. I obviously enjoyed it because I stayed for almost 22 years. It's a great place to start your adult life.
Its the military
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  texasFebruary 17, 2017
It is the military. There is good and bad. not much to say other than that. I did get to see other parts of the world which was nice.
resuem
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 17, 2017
I like it so far. The resume ssection was easy to use. the only thing I have a problem with is I have to use 20 words for something I only need half or less.
Pros
the set up and everything
taught me leadership
Military Police (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2017
taught me leadership and skills to provide myself and other in life. taught me to use skills outside of military as well and apply them to every day life.
Pros
obtained personal skills.
Cons
interesting time of my life
25U Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 17, 2017
great chance to see the world and experiance diverse cultures, and adverse conditions. multi tasking and people management is a must have skill
Best you can Be
Calvary Scout Section Leader (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 17, 2017
-health benefits
-school benefits
-life insurance
-great leadership development
Its a great life experience that will really test your mental and physical abilities.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 17, 2017
A day at work was always full of task that were subject to change to reach mission goals. I learned leadership, discipline, personal courage, respect for others as well as self- service. The workplace culture was welcoming. The hardest part of the job was to stay in clean through the whole day. I had the opportunity to have my space work area were I could manage my priorities at my own accord.
Pros
Medical, educational and paid leave benefits
Cons
seldom late nights.
Signal Support Systems Specialist
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 17, 2017
I worked on radios, satellite and computer systems. I learned how to program, operate, and maintain five radio systems, and three computer systems as well as basic radio theory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4