U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 29,542 reviews matching the search
U. S. Army
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed serving my country for 20 years and had the time of my life. A typical day consist of starting physical training then work a 8 hours day or longer. I learned how to deal with all types of people from all walk of life etc teamwork and consideration of others. Some of the people will always be part of my life. The hardest part of the job was leaving my kids behind when I had tours that they were not allowed. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to all the different places.
Pros
Great Benefits and serving my country
Cons
Leaving family behind
Rewarding job with high motivation and high standards with strict deadlines.
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 18, 2016
System administration with the occasional help desk work most days, configuring and implementing cisco routers and switches for field deployment on both secure and unsecure networks. Management all depends on who gets appointed over you, never had any issues with any of my supervisors. Co-workers are like family. Hardest part of the job is having to leave your family for months on end. Most enjoyable part of the job is when you actually get to do your job.
Us army
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 28, 2016
I worked from 0500 to 1900, Monday through Friday.
The hardest part of the job is to keep yourself mentally and physically fit. Always being prepared to deploy at any time of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know your team. Getting to know the men and women right next to you is a big factor in this field of work. As a combat engineer, my primary job was to supervise, serve or assist as a member team leader whenever my soldiers are tackling rough terrain in combat situations. My job was to provide the expertise in areas such as mobility, countermobility, survivability and general engineering.
Overall great career with ups and downs
Soldier/Leader (Former Employee) –  GloballyApril 2, 2016
Great career with many ups and downs. Leadership good and bad. TAt the end of my 20 years I noticed a downfall in leadership. No one cared about the subordinates unless it would gain something for themselves and the political game was tearing away at the very fabric of what made the US Army the most lethal in the world.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits, great retirement
Cons
Politics, President, lack of leadership, Bad retirement for new personnel
profesional workplace
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 13, 2016
As a squad leader in the Army i was left with many task. some task that were required of me , but not limited to: maintaining a physical,and mental reediness for myself and within my squad. ensure each member of my team was actively engaged in some form of work. Receive and distribute orders, daily task to each soldier under my command, maintaining accountability of soldiers , while efficiently fulfilling the tasks , and orders handed down to me. My time in the military have kept me quite cultured, timely mannered, organized, dependable and made me an overall better leader.
Pros
room to grow.
Excellent learning environment and room for growth
Administrative Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOMarch 30, 2016
The military offered a great experience for communication, organizing, training, and supervising, but lacked a family support system. The best part of being in the Army is the discipline you learn, the importance of integrity that is established, and the physical and mental limitations you push yourself to. It truly boosted my confidence level and gave me an opportunity to do things that I never thought I could or would do. The hardest part of the job is putting the Army's needs before anyone else's, including your family.
Pros
Medical, dental, housing, clothing benefits
Cons
Demanding work
Productive Customer service
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bliss, TXApril 29, 2016
Performed postal operations within the APO. Interfaced directly with the customers to assist them with the mailing their items provided postal finance services to include collection of postage, sale of postage stamps, money orders, and accountable mail services. Conducted parcel inspections to include removal of non-mail-able items, re-packing, taping and sealing, and labeling items for mailing. Distributed mail to mail clerks for assigned units during unit mail call. Performed directory services to include forwarding miss-directed, insufficiently addressed, change of address, and return to sender mail.
Pros
30 days of leave a year
Cons
Deployed
a Great experience and career
Truck Driver (88M) (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXApril 22, 2016
I cant really explain what its like being in the Military. Everyone's experience is different and just never know what you're going to get. Some people like it. Some people don't.
From my own experience the most enjoyable part is making close friends, experiencing different places with different backgrounds, and learning self motivation. The hardest thing was becoming homesick.
Pros
great benifits, military discounts, 4 day weekends
Cons
managment (sometimes)
Productive and fun work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Lower Granite Dam Pomery Wa 99347April 25, 2016
Screen all vehicles, vehicle occupants and pedestrians entering the Project to ensure compliance with established procedures and security directives. Inspect vehicles and cargo for the purpose of identifying/locating contraband, explosives, concealed drugs and other illegal items. Protect government property, facilities, equipment and materials against trespassing, sabotage, theft, fire and espionage. Investigate all suspicious activities and take corrective action as necessary. Conduct area security patrols.
Pros
Being part of a team
puropse driven work atmosphere
Instructor/Construction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 6, 2016
The Army teaches you individual responsibility and also self worth. In order to be a successful soldier you must understand the inner workings of multi-level supervision and how to smoothly navigate through it. The greatest part of my military career was receiving my presidential retirement award. The letter from the president acknowledging my hard work and sacrifice was my greatest moment.
Pros
Ability to influence and change peoples lives
Cons
So many regulations in place to destroy leadership has become a popularity contest
Extremely diverse workplace in terms of jobs and people
Deputy Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYApril 18, 2016
The US Army provides an unparalleled workplace. Advancement opportunities are abundant, as well as training both inside and outside of one's field. Leadership training and roles are staples of the organization.

There truly is no typical day in the US Army. The mission of the day dictates how the day will progress. Travel opportunities are also abundant, as well as the ability to work with people from all over the world and from all backgrounds.
Pros
There's always a new adventure
Cons
Long periods away from home
Good Work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 28, 2016
Very busy at work and always multi tasking.
I have learned different tricks to the trade.
Management has a lot of good ideas but its sometimes short tempered and reacts too fast to situations instead of analyze them and observing both sides.
My co-workers are motivated to always learn and train to better themselves.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to help every customer at the same time.
the most enjoyable part of my job is when you have spend a lot of time training you fellow co workers and they get promoted or they do something that you have just trained them on, it brings a great sense of pride in them achieving the next level.
Great Experince
Maintenance Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIApril 27, 2016
Being a part of the U.S. Army has been an extremely rewarding experience. It has taught me some very valuable lessons in life when dealing with adversity and stressful situations. It has given me the tools to succeed in life and in any situation that may come up in the future. I really enjoyed being able to travel and being able to experience new culture and meeting people from all walks of life. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Very long hours
Most amazing aviation experience
Scout Pilot (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 21, 2016
Any day is not typical. There is no typical flight plan. There are only missions. Planning is based on distance to specified locations, armament/fuel required, and the objective. May be 102 degree desert interdictions initially, and in 4 hours escorting a convoy with 15+ vehicles through snow capped mountains with only SATCOM to rely on. Required to navigate all airspace minus A, and coordinate with ground elements through a multitude of resources and radios. Often relaying between base units, ground commanders and ISR or high flying assets.
Outstanding Advancement opportunities
United States Army Sergeant Major Academy (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXApril 11, 2016
The Army provided the most challenging and rewarding career opportunities to develop leadership skills and to apply critical thinking in an every changing environment. The Army is a value based organization that believes in equal opportunity and free of harassment. The Army provided a total family care and well-being organization invested in the development of future leaders. The team based organizational method provided commitment from superiors and peers to accomplish the challenging missions.
Pros
leader development
Cons
long family separation
Army Life provided a Better Life
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 13, 2016
This job has provided financial stability, travel and free education as well as discipline and a better way of living. Like every job, you have good and bad days but I knew what i signed up for. Sometimes it wasn't the best option when it comes to family due to training and deployments but i feel i am better off finding a job with 10 years of military experience than i do with no experience straight out of high school.
Pros
free education, travel, financial stability, networking, meeting different people, benefits
Cons
no family time, excessive training and deployments, rank
Productive Enviornment
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCMarch 28, 2016
U.S. Army Working enviornment is one of the select few. It's 1% of America's toughest. You wake up everyday at four or five and all day you're doing things that are going to benefit you in combat, as well as the everyday work atmosphere. Overall great experience that makes you respect the men and women of service all the more. Your co-workers are a huge support system because you're all going through everything together. The management as far as my experience were a group of amazing men and women of service who were very serious about their jobs but also very passionate.
Pros
Healthcare, Job Assurance, Pay
Cons
N/A
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Battalion Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 30, 2016
The U.S Army provided me the opportunity to lead some of the greatest me and women out country has to offer. The experience has left me humble with the desire to bring those skills and experience to the civillan side. While challenging at times the things I have learned and the people I have worked with along the way will carry with me for the rest of my life. I am proud of the work we have done and with the opportunity to serve in one of our Nations greatest professions.
Great
Communications Chief, Logar Province, Afghanistan (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work required me to operate and maintain communications equipment. This was so our unit could be combat ready for any situation. I learned how effective and important communications can be, not to mention discipline and organization. Co-workers were difficult at times but always came together to accomplish our goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie, we all are like family and always have a brother/sister we can rely on.
Keep in mind you're signing up for a lifestyle.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 30, 2016
Its an experience you wont get anywhere else in the world.

Deployments are different for every single person.
I consider myself blessed to be associated with some of the bravest and most professional people I will ever work with, period.

Back state side you do a lot of training, down time you'll more than likely be at the gym, or spending time at home with your family.

The Infantry is a calling, you can choose to pursue it or ignore it.
Keep in mind its more than a job, you're obligating 3+ years of your life to serve this country, and that there are things you cannot mentally or physically prep yourself for as much as you like to think you can.

Its a way of life, so be certain you can commit.

4.4