U.S. Army
21,442 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

Us Army
CBRN SUPERVISOR/TRAINER (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 27, 2015
The Army is exactly what you make of it. Some love it while some hate it. I have a respect for it and a love for the actual meaning behind everything that is done in the name of freedom
Fun, Exciting, Rewarding, and Positive
Military Physical Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great organization in all that we do to make our country free
Cons: None
The military has a positive, productive, and motivating way, to develop an individual to be a great leader, for the challenges of today society. The skills you learn like; Integrity, initiative, motivation, dedication, team building, unselfishness, commitment, and leadership. are positive attributes you can use in any work environment.
Army was awesome
Master Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 26, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: little to no family life very demanding
many ups and downs, helped me to learn alot about myself, being apart of a team, and proritizing tasks. enjoyed meeting new people and gaining multiple points of view on various subject matter.
makes you learn what your real life goals are
Cavalry/Armory Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee), Fort lewisApril 26, 2015
Pros: free education, meals, living, structure and stability
Cons: your not really allowed to think freely, you are governed most of your term, pay is a little below standard living, your experience COMPLETELY depends on the unit you get stationed to.
its amazing how one person who joins the exact same time as you as the exact same job as you and is the exact same age as yo ucan go in together and have 200% different experiences in the army depending on what unit you go to. i didnt have the best experience in my unit, but i did meet brothers that will be my lifelong friends and i was tought morals and how to develop myself into a leader. it turned me from a high school senior kid into a soldier and a man. and even if i didnt like my particular experience at times, i would still do it over again just for the way it changed me.
Productive fun work enviorment
91B20 (Former Employee), US ArmyApril 26, 2015
I have been in the US military for 15yrs doing my job well, and this would be a typical day at work. I'm hard working and dedicated to the job at hand.
Busy lifestyle
19D Cavalry Scout (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 26, 2015
The US army taught me about leadership and what it takes to thrive in an intense environment, while giving my employer my best.
fast paced and fun work environment
Specialist (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 26, 2015
A normal day at work includes checking the trucks to make sure nothing is damaged from the last time the trucks were PMCS'd. There after we would get our missions for the day, which could be anywhere from hauling ammunition to hauling soldiers back and forth from the range or field.
A great start to your future
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Ft. Leonardwood missouriApril 26, 2015
Learned discipline and how to work hard good training for future employment and life. The hardest part was getting a good routine going. The best part was being a part of something so great
Working with all grades of ammunition
Ammunition Specialist (Former Employee), Friedberg, Germany & Georgia, USAApril 26, 2015
Pros: EVERYTHING
Cons: NOTHING
Working and dealing with ammunition in all diverse environments and working with soldiers from different backgrounds was a experience that I will never forget. I learned the definition of team work, discipline, solidarity, and respect while in the military. That is something that I have carried over into my civilian workforce and personal life
Best Job I Ever Had
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDApril 26, 2015
Pros: Everyday was about the same.
Cons: low pay, coworkers
Reservist time. Weekends were amazing. Getting old tired equipment working was a blast. People were nice. Got to get on a boat and see all the ways this unit had fun.
High-Paced work style that was physically and mentally demanding
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAApril 26, 2015
A typical work day in the U.S. Army as a infantryman, would be to show up at work at 0545 for physical training formation. Then do physical training from 0630 to 0800 to which then we went to clean up and change into uniform to report back to work at 0930. So from 0930 to 1700 typically, we will train and study up on weapons and military drills and movements and also do preventative maintenance on our assigned weapons.
Great place to learn and grow
Civil Affairs Specialist (Current Employee), Killeen, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: Education
Cons: Work/Family Time
Work starts at 6am with going to the gym. I consistently learn something new every day. Being part of the management team helps develop people. The hardest part of the job is managing family/work time. I enjoy that I can be apart of the biggest fraternal order in the world.
great
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYApril 26, 2015
I loved my daily interactions with my co-workers. I was told I was often relied upon for my positive attitude. There is nothing I can say that I did not love about going to work everyday.
Captain
Captain (Current Employee), Watertown, NYApril 26, 2015
Challenging and rewarding opportunities in which you are afforded to operate in a sychronized culturally diverse environment to achieve a common objective.
Soldier
Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Watertown, NYApril 26, 2015
Loved being in the Military, great pay and benefits. spent 16 years in the military, had great promotion ability. Seen the world many times.
Productive Workplace
Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAApril 25, 2015
• Established, maintained and operated radio and wire communications and speech security equipment including encoding and decoding of messages using CEOI
• Prepared and maintained daily staff journal, fire support situation map, status charts, capability overlay, and other fire support and target processing records
• Assisted in ensuring the safety and security of more than 200 residents within a combat outpost in Spin Boldak, Afghanistan and Kandahar, Afghanistan
• Assisted in initiating requests for field artillery, mortar, naval gunfire, and aerial delivered munitions
• Operated and performed operator maintenance on section vehicles and generators, including a Stryker vehicle, totaling more than $4 million in government inventory
Tremendous Skills Taught
Senior subject matter expert (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 25, 2015
Pros: Cutting edge technology
Cons: Long deployments
Exciting and excellirating!!! The ability to advance and obtain life skills in a structured environment. The opportunity to give back to your country and to make it safe. Greatest co-workers, leaving no man behind. Hardest part sometimes being away from family for long periods of time. Most enjoyable the opportunity to have a meaninful career.
Great team to work with, busy interactive lifestyle
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Great Pay and Benefits, adequate lunch breaks, steady and motivated work environment
Cons: Submitting tasks in a short time frame.
I enjoyed my time serving with my unit in the U.S Army. I would do Physical Training from 6:30am to 7:45am every day then begin my duty day at 9am. I would file paperwork, order and receive supplies and equipment then issue it to the company. I worked on my military vehicle on Monday mornings from 9am to 12pm then proceed to work on paperwork in the office. I would organize and file personnel files and other important paperwork from that day. I learned how to work with a team and gain great leadership skills. My co workers were an outstanding group of soldiers and really worked hard to work as a team and make the work load easier on each other. The hardest part of the job was making sure tough tasks were submitted in a short time frame. The most enjoyable part of the job was the acknowledgement I received for working so hard and staying dedicated and motivated.
Awesome opportunities for career advancement!
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Killeen, TexasApril 25, 2015
Awesome opportunities for career advancement! You will travel and meet many new people from around the world. With constant training and deployments you will have minimal family time.
Very good expiernce to learn a trade a travel
Flight Operation Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Drum New YorkApril 25, 2015
Pros: Benafits, steady income, travel
Cons: Spend time away from family for long periods.
Great experience seeing and learning many things in the army not just my job as and Avaition Operations Specialist. I learned to manage multiple task while also learning to supurvise, lead, and teach co workers day to day to perform the jobs i have learned over my expiernce. I enjoye every bit of my job but leaving home for months at a time is the hardest part.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries