U.S. Army
18,118 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Excellent team oriented workplace
Warehouse Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALNovember 25, 2014
Working with the U.S. Army, I learned how to adapt to many challenging situations. I learned great team building and supervisory skill. I was great taking kids straight out of High School and molding them to be productive soldiers. The Army taught me how to be disciplined and mentally tough.
A great way to serve your country.
Army National Guard (Current Employee), Mountain Home, ARNovember 25, 2014
Pros: everything.
Cons: none.
Learn and grow as a person. Make contributions to your team and your country. Learn skills that you will take with you fro the rest of your life.
Honorable Rewarding Job
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 25, 2014
Joining the Army was one of the best things that's happened to me. I've gained a lot of experience and traveled to many places. It's an honor to serve my country.
Challenging work days
Petroleum Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: to be able to work freely.
Cons: physical excise at 5:00 a.m every morning.
We would start our company physical exercise at 5:00 A.M. I would work with other soldiers to get tasks completed. The exciting part of the day getting release early to have time with yourself, family members.
Great environment
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: alot of hours
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work as a team to be efficient and get the job done.
Exceptional experience with a multitude of options
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Killeen, Tx, El Paso, Tx and Middle eastNovember 25, 2014
Pros: diversity
Cons: method of promotion
Worked with a diverse group of people with different styles and personalities to fuel and arm Apache helicopters. Worked in varying conditions of urban to the desert and routine refuel after a normal flight to the fast paced environment of refueling and rearming aircraft during a weapons qualification for the pilots.
Best job ever
AUTOMATED LOGISTICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: best job ever
Cons: deployment
Great people, Great leadership, and a great work environment. This job is one of a kind. Very hard to explain in words. After OIF, I decided to move back home to be closer to friends and family.
A great way for any one to serve their country.
Aviation Powertrain Repairer (Former Employee), New york; Alaska; South Carolina; VirginiaNovember 25, 2014
A typical day was from 6am-5pm.

I learned life saving techniques; survival skills; and to be a helicopter mechanic.

Management is different from base to base.

My co-workers came from all walks of life and where unique to work with.

Working overseas.

The Job skills I learned.
fun
13f (Former Employee), us armyNovember 25, 2014
it was great and a very fast and new adventures. and made you into a great person at the end
Challenging work environment
Senior Training Manager (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 25, 2014
Work in different cultures and countries
Physically challenging
Called to defense the country and our way of life
Make lasting friends
US Army
Personnel Security Manager (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hrs
The US Army is a fantastic place to work. It has a fantastic culture and will take care of you and your family.
Military Police and Operations (Current Employee), Orangeburg NewYorkNovember 25, 2014
I love my work with the Military. No two days were the same, and everything presented a different challenge. Running various sections of my unit, I gained valuable experience on how to successfully run a team and get the job done.
structured and discipline
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), fort bragg ncNovember 25, 2014
this job was fun and interesting traveling the world and transporting ,materials was worth all the time I put in making me the better person I am now.
Life Changing
Motor Transport Operator / Team Leader (Former Employee), USNovember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Logistics Specialist I looked after soilders took care of their needs
managed 2 supervisors and 3 employees
Manager (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good working relationshipbetween employees and management
making sure all task were completed safely and in a timely manor.
Good life choice for anyone
Service member (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GANovember 25, 2014
Work starts dark and early at 5am if your lucky. The day consists of jobs and tasks you are assigned and have to manage your own time to complete these tasks.
Great for advancement
Sergeant Major (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HINovember 25, 2014
Great job with daily challenges that are over come by communication and team work with co-workers, time management is put to the test along with multi tasking to ensure all timelines are met. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all task get completed above expected results.
Team building and cohesion
Senior Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GANovember 25, 2014
1. Start the day with physical fitness and then to the shop to be maintenance.
2. I have learn how to interact with many different cultures and that has made me a better person and gave me a different outlook on life.
3. I have been directly responsible for many as 80 soldiers at a time.
4. I have had so outstanding co-workers and we worked as a team – more... to accomplish all missions.
5. The hardest part of this job was being away from family during deployments.
6. I enjoyed training soldiers and watching the progress in the Army. – less
Very fun and energetic work environments
Certified Pharmacy Technician U.S. Army (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GANovember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is coming in and filling the morning OmniCell stock reports and delivering them to all the wards and clinics. Also other unit does medications and IV medications ordered. The IV technician for the day Prepares the Daily Protonix and Phenylepherine Syringes for the wards and Operating rooms, and any other medication orders from – more... the floors as well as the medications scheduled for the next day (the batch). The "Window" technician took care of any in pharmacy responsibilities and helped whoever came to the window for medication pick ups.

This being in the Military and this being my job i learned how to work as a team and trust the people around to take care of all work responsibilities. I also learned to be a leader, after a certain point of learning the job i was held responsible for being the assistant supervisor and being inn charge while the original supervisor was out.

I had great management, being that i was a soldier i had a great bond with my supervisors. They keep a close watch on us to make sure we are handling the stress of being in the military.
I had amazing Co-workers that always came to work with great attitudes and were always welcoming. when i first got there they accepted me with open arms and were very helpful in getting me up to speed.

The hardest part of my job had nothing to do with pharmacy. I caught on to everything quickly. However being young and new to the military lifestyle is what was tough for me. Just being homesick and sometimes burned out from the amounts of things being assigned to me. was a little troubling sometimes.

The hardest part of my job wasn't really hard however it got difficult at times. I am the most flexible person here and whenever someone was to call out or not able to work I always made sure that my supervisor knew that I was always available to fill in for anyone for what ever shift. I was capable of doing any and every task for every shift. I was fine with working all shifts I just lost a lot of sleep sometimes but my supervisor tried his best to make up for any extra days i may have worked.

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people i worked with. They made for a great environment and did not make work actually feel like work. This was very helpful when things on the military side of work were a little overwhelming. – less
Love to assist the public.
Police Officer (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXNovember 25, 2014
Many people lost everything after Hurricane Katrina. It was a pleasure to help those in need. I also served as a Spanish interpreter for the Navy base.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more