U.S. Army
19,476 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

OPERATIONS MANAGER - US (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: qualitative service program
Good travel, opportunities to learn and better yourself, school opportunities, leadership potential.
did not enjoy dealing wth people with no experience in the mos they chose
Army (Former Employee), south koreaJanuary 28, 2015
US Army, NA, XX
maintaining diesel engines, maintaining auto vehicles, organized team work, supply management, administrative accountability, Operations with Forklifts and Overhead Cranes, PMCS various types of vehicles such as: LMTV, Humvee, Tanks, and Trailers, Annual and semi-annual services on various vehicles listed above.

-MIG Welding -Effective Team Leader
-Operating Heavy Machinery
-3 years Mechanical/Auto Repair Experience
19+ years of military service
Soldier/Officer (Current Employee), Ft Huachuca, AZJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent pay; medical and dental for families; travel
Cons: deployments; moving family every year to two years
I entered the Army fresh out of high school with the goal to have them pay for college after a two year enlistment. I loved it so much, I re-enlisted for three more years. During that five years, I lived in Germany, North Carolina, Kentucky and Puerto Rico (Humanitarian Mission). It was something for a kid from Peoria, IL. I learned how to lead small teams when given a task, direction and purpose. From being lead to being a small group leader, was a moving experience. I learned from hands-on training and wonderful leadership, who over the years trusted me to perform at higher levels and encourage my advancement in rank to Sergeant. I still made a promise to myself to get a college degree as a full time student, so I got out of the Army to reach that milestone. If it were not for the Army and my leadership to instill the discipline and motivation to see things through to the end, I would not have been prepared to college. I was able to work 30 hours a week, while going to school full time, as a married father of two small children. The Army taught me how to manage and prioritize effectively. During college, I missed the Army and the lifestyle and numerous options to support my family. I joined ROTC and commissioned in 2000 as an Ordnance Officer (Logistics). During the next 14 years, I served as a officer in various and challenging positions. Because the Army had me change jobs every year, I was able to learn a broad spectrum of logistics- from maintenance management, warehousing, transportation, distribution and budgeting/ forecasting. A typical day at work would include a leader's – more... meeting at 5:30 am, physical training at 6:30 am, and daily operational and training meetings from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm. Days may have been long, but they were worthwhile and I always learned something new. The hardest part of the job was the 41 months total I spent deployed in either Iraq and Afghanistan; however, this is also viewed as my most enjoyable. I was part of a team that made a difference everyday, using our months and years of training towards a real mission. I commanded for 15 months in Afghanistan, and the 200+ men and women I led where the only reason I came back home successful. We bonded as a close knit family- picking up each other if times were tough; motivating and praising each other during times of great happiness. I was able to promote young Soldiers to leaders (Sergeant) and present achievement awards for their bravery and over success. These times for me and my family were memorable- the Army was a most enjoyable ride. – less
amazing
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 28, 2015
AMAZING, TOUGH, CHALLENGING!!!!!! I learned so much about myself and what I was capable of accomplishing. Greatest experience of my life. pay wasn't good at all.
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: serve for my country
Cons: fort drum
Gain more life long knowledge and experiences that helped me become a better person and a team leader.
productive and fun place to work
Combat Engineer Team/Squad Leader (Current Employee), San Diego, CaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: learning skills that very few people get the chance to learn
Cons: threat of death
Normal day in the Army consisted of training soldiers, new to the Army way of life, how to fit in and what their job will consist of at the position they held up to the next higher rank. Getting the opportunity to train and deploy with some of the most outstanding people I have ever met is something I will never forget. One of the hardest parts of this job was leaving my family for up to a year at a time.
Infantryman
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Training
Cleaning weapons
Brotherhood
Soldiering
Training
More Training
New changes everyday, learn to adapt and overcome
S-2 NCOIC, Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TexasJanuary 28, 2015
I loved being in the Army, but realized that there are certain aspects of it that I didn't like.There were double standards and individuals who didn't create a positive working environment. Being in the Army is stressful enough as it is, but working with Soldiers who don't care enough to better themselves or the organization helped me to decide that I had to move forward outside of the organization.
Great Benifits
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 28, 2015
The Army will hire almost anyone with no skills necessary. The Army is a great place to advance in rank, if you want to travel around the world, then the Army is the pace for you.
Great Opportunity
Transportation Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: possibility of oversees deploymnet
Its military life, early to rise, and off to work. Its not for everyone. The army is very structured, but there are plenty of opportunities for advancement. Typical day starts at 7am and ends around 7pm, unless you are deployed then there is not beginning or end to your day.
Productive and challenging workplace
Operational Planner (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth KSJanuary 28, 2015
Good travel, opportunities to learn and better yourself, school opportunities, leadership isn't the best, good co workers. Overall loved that I got to serve my country in the time of war. I met so many people and had some man experiences. I have a life time of stories and made life time friends. Is the military hard yes it can be, but any job can be hard its what you make of the job and how you deal with it.
Best job in the world, taught u discipline and training you can not find anywhere else.
88m/Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: medical benefits, salary.
Cons: hours of operation, mass punishment.
Physical Training in the morning, showered collect gear and instructions for your missions or training for the day. Missions consisted of cleaning cargo from motor pools or transporting personnel out to training sites. Hardest part was the training schedule and daycares hours. Most enjoyable was the soldiers, you made a bond that last forever and strong working environment.
Tough and Exciting Work
Infantry Machine Gunner (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Loved The Infantry, had a lot of fun. Tough work and tough group of people . Fun missions and sometimes long hours. cleaned weapons. Prepped vehicles and gear to make sure we were always combat ready
Non stop action
Combat engineer (Current Employee), ft carson coJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not much family time
typical day was motor pool maitnance and combat training.
tons of skills learned
great managment from team leaders and above
co workers always helpful get er done attitude
hardest part spending so much time away from family
enjoyable always driving the tank
Great experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), fort polk, laJanuary 28, 2015
Being in the military was a great experience. It helped me gain confidence in my career, and further my education.
U.S Army was a great experience for 26 years. I enjoyed the life and gained valuable experience in leadership and management.
Senior Military Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsJanuary 28, 2015
I made a career of the U.S. Army because I enjoyed the work I performed each day. There were many opportunities to gain knowledge and leadership education which I took advantage of and earned promotions through taking care of my Soldiers and executing all tasks to or above expected standards.
Soldier
Operations & Training Manager (Former Employee), Different Duuty StationsJanuary 28, 2015
The Army builds a lot of team work and friendships. Once you start building that friendship some develop into what seems like family. You learn different skill no matter what your job is.
Fire Direction Specialist (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 28, 2015
It was a great opportunity for me. After 7 years and got out all of the benefits have helped me get where I am today. I learned cohesion and mission first. Team work was the key in the military. Plus I got to travel the world.
US Army (Former Employee), KY, South Korea, Germany CA.January 28, 2015
Great job. Was taught self discipline. Learned management. Met some of the greatest people from all over the world
Highly engaging way of life.
Patriot missile systems operator (Former Employee), Elverson, PAJanuary 28, 2015
The U.S. Army was a great career path with endless educational opportunities. There's always room for personal improvement and advancement in this career.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more