U.S. Army
2,466 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Lifer
(Recon- Specialist). Section Sergeant (Former Employee), usaJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Great benifits
Cons: working in adverse conditions
The best times of my life. I could work party travel it was an overall good time in my life. but there was hard times being in the field but over all it was well worth it.
It was something different
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Education benefits
Cons: Months away from home
There is not really a typical day. Every day is different. I have learned so much in the Army. Mostly management skills. My fellow Soldiers were many. The hardest part of the job was being away from home for months on end. But it was also the most enjoyable.
Daily safety Inspections
Range Inspector U.S. Army (Current Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 3, 2015
Pros: something different every day
Dealing with a variety of people and attitudes while trying to ensure that the proper guidelines are being followed for critical areas of operation.
Loved it, great time in my life
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Health Care
Cons: Deployments
I actually miss it. Its like every other job it has its good and bad times but the good outweighed the bad. Would love to do it all over again
Productive, Life changing place to work
Reserve Component Sergeant (E5) (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 3, 2015
Pros: dedication to service, stable pay, healthcare
Cons: long hours, family separation, combat zones
On a typical day, I was at work at 0530 5 days a week. After 1 hour of physical training, I would check into my office and begin the daily duties of analyzing psychological operations products to include: television ads, radio broadcasts, hand fliers, posters and standard scripts. I would check in with my immediate boss, the Aide de Camp of USACAPOC and begin whatever extra assignments she may have had for me that day. The most enjoyable part of my job was when everything fell into place and you could see the metric of completion working in your favor.
Military
Lead Armorer (Current Employee), District of ColumbiaJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Culture
Cons: Management
- A typical day consist of a bunch of piece moving as one to accomplish a mission.
-The military has taught me a lot about working with others who have different beliefs and different perceptions of life. I've also learned how to step up and be a leader when the time presents itself.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to converse with different cultures and learning how to except people for their character.
Very dependent
Avionic Mechanic (Former Employee), Ft. Worth Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, TXJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Easy Advancement as long as you do what you're supposed to
Cons: A lot of wrong information given, Things are always changing what what to do, where to be and what uniform to be in.
Everything Depends on your command, unit, squad leaders communication, correct information. Advancement is based on time in rank and paygrade, if you are overachieving. There are standards for the PT Tests and not all test givers follow the standards and either pass people who do something wrong or fail people that are things right. Things are never consistent
Seargent
Sergeant (Former Employee), USAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Respect, appreciation, selfworth
Cons: hours
Reported early am either to do PT or look for candidates which wanted to join a military branch. I learned leadership, dedication, driving skills, communication. Co-workers are the finest men and women of this country. Hardest job was recruiting during the outbreak of war. Most enjoyable was knowing I put a good candidate into the military, which made it a career and as of this time has retired.
U.S. Army
HELICOPTER MECHANIC (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 3, 2015
I think the ideas behind the Army are great. The since of brotherhood and team work make some duty stations a fantastic experience.
Exciting
Medical Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great meals
Cons: Long Hours
Exciting environment that changed from day to day. I learned how to deal with people situations and be straight forward. Coworkers can be nice and not so nice. The hardest part was being away from home and missing family. Traveling was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Overall psoitive
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee), VariousJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Mind altering life experience
Cons: simple freedoms
Not for everyone, the Army is for those who are strong in discipline and willing to sacrifice. Typical week days wake up at 5 am be at work by 6. Conduct various tasks from physical fitness to field operations. Co-workers come from all walks of life therefore flexibility and sensitivity is a must. The hardest part of the job is the deployments and any loss of life, yet the best part are the moments gained from spending time with those people you have deployed with.
Great Investment for future career
Fire Support Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Job Security, travel, proud, benefits
Cons: micro-managing, living conditions, work hours
I loved my job in the Army but management could have made the overall lifestyle and experience better. I got the privilege to meet some great people and visit some very unique places. The hardest part of my job in the Army was insuring that my soldiers understood their job and how to implement it in a real life scenario.
The u.S.Army isn't for everybody.
E-5 Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft.Stewart GaJuly 2, 2015
I learned about life in the army.things can changed in a heart beat there.you have to beable to multi- task in this mans army.
Tough, Busy, Rewarding, Develope, Growth
Brigade Budget Officer (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 2, 2015
Camaraderie- A very tough job but very rewarding job. Families are affected by your career with multiple deployments or travel to meet all mission expectation of the unit.
Not recommended for everyone
Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Ft Lewis, WAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Compensation, benefits
Cons: Culture, management
High stress, lack of predictability, everything is the priority, poor career management, input often disregarded, extremely competitive culture, little room for innovation as everyone is expected to toe the line
A great start for anyone!
Patrol Supervisor (Current Employee), U.S. Army Fort Leonard Wood MO 65473July 2, 2015
Provides unlimited about of growth and potential in leadership, conflict management, and communication skills for anyone willing sacrifice there time.
Is the best job I ever had in my life.
Senior Trainer (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: I get enough time to eat lunch.
Cons: I get breaks when require.
A typical day at work for me is to accomplish all the tasks in a timely manner without any incidents.
I learned my job better.
I was able to manage all the personnel properly.
All my co-workers are very helpful and professional.
The hardest part of my job is the first week to learn all the tasks.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to work as a team and sometimes have lunch together.
Very engaging career field
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJuly 2, 2015
Maintained medical readiness within unit, daily medical training, patient records filled/organized, and various team building activities.
Overall good place to work
Operations manager (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAJuly 2, 2015
The Army is a good place to work overall. It has and continues to undergoe changes based on guidance from civilian leadership in Washington DC and based off of mission requirements. I m retiring after 20 sucessful years of service.
Love the respect I got
Sgt. (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Great body and respect
Cons: War
I lead a small Mortar and Rifle co. I enjoyed being in the 101st airborne. I did not like the fighting part but it was part of the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries