U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,110 reviews matching the search
Life changing
Field Artillery Tactical Data System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 19, 2016
I loved every moment being in the Army. I matured and found what I wanted in life. I met people and made friends that I will never forget. Unfortunately, the officers and leadership in my unit didn't focus on what's best for the soldiers and families of those soldiers but instead to further their own careers, which made me not want to pursue a career in the military. I will never forget what I have been taught and what I have seen and will continue to live the Army values.
Pros
Job security, most services provided
Cons
Bad leadership
Serious work environment with people that always push you to be better.
Logistical Support Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 11, 2016
Typical work day consist of physical fitness at 0600 and finishing at 0800. The work day starts at 0900 and I usually stay there until 1900 or longer. I have learned to manage personnel in the most proficient way possible. Dealing with stressful situations is a daily task, but has made me into a better leader. Working with the soldiers and leading them to success is the best part about the job.
Pros
Benefits: Medical, Job Security, Comradery, Stay in Shape
Cons
Long Hours of Work, Constantly Changing Duty Stations
My Army Experience
Infantry/Scout (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 7, 2016
Being a member of the Armed forces was an eye opening experience in a number of ways. It was taught, no doubt, but the difficulty and the challenges I faced led to me growing as an individual. My experience in the army gave me a can do attitude, and gave me the confidence to tackle whatever challenges come my way.
Pros
being exposed to different places and people, great learning experience, it taught me self dicipline
Cons
long hours, difficult tasks, strenuous training.
Issue Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 28, 2016
Typical day working in the U.S Army it always chaining you never know what type of experience you going to partake in on a giving day. My coworkers were always very helpful when I needed help. My supervisors were always there to help guide me in whatever situation at hand. My bosses were the most skilled workers in their given field of expertise. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing each and everyone of my coworkers through the years of working in the service of active duty.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
10 minute breaks
Experiences may vary..
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJune 22, 2016
As an Infantryman we didnt have a typical day. It was always something different. Experiences may vary depending upon your MOS. Infantry was awesome most of the time because you get to work with people from all walks of life and you really get to know these people you work with personally due to the fact that one day that soldier you worked with will have your back down range. Deployment was the best thing from my contract. There is toxic leadership everywhere so be wary if you enlist.
Pros
Deployment pay, make long lasting friends, and network.
Cons
Toxic leadership, too much favoritism, stupid details.
Work and trained hard while having a great time with co-workers.
Construction Engineer Specialist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 18, 2016
Morning physical training. Go to work. Off by 5pm. no weekend work unless you had duty or in the field training.
Great leaders. Always training their soldiers.
Hardest part of the job. Deploying and leaving your family behind.
Enjoyable part of the job was you had friends and leaders looking out for each other and always training and making fun while learning.
Pros
Education, Benefits, Time off and vacation.
Cons
Long Hours but worth the experience.
Deployments suck but they are fun.
Automated Logistics Specialist Airborne (92AP) (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJune 23, 2016
Everything is a lifestyle. sleep late wake up early, deploy... hard to explain it if you haven't lived it.
Every body does every body's job in a special forces unit environment. i did so many different jobs i get confused which one is truly my specialty. Its a great experience; lots of shooting.
Pros
Lots of days off, and definitely getting out early
Cons
descent amount of breaks but if your supervisor is understanding...
Exciting and Competitive Job
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJune 28, 2016
A normal day in the military started at approximately 4:30 a.m. and ended at 6 p.m. every day. I learned to work with others, team building, weapon and firearm use, discipline, and self-motivation. My coworkers were amazing! They all had great motivation and discipline. We worked together and completed tasks in a much faster time than normal. The hardest part of my job was being away from my son for months or a year at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job was protecting and serving the people I love the most and my country.
Pros
Met New people
Cons
Sometimes unnecessary work was provided
US Army
Military Intelligence (S2) NCOIC (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 9, 2016
A typical day starts a 0600 for Physical Training. Most of the day is spent complete task to support our overall mission at the time. Management depends on the leadership. Many styles of leaders allows you to adapt to change quickly. The hardest part of the job is long periods away from family that come in the form of deployments and training missions. The part I enjoy the most is the comradery and the ability to train several soldiers on skills that they will need to accomplish missions.
Pros
Several hollidays and time off.
Cons
Time away from family and friends.
stressful work place with a lot of good people
Logistic specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 3, 2016
My hours of work would be at least 12-14 hours a day.
I enjoyed my time in the military for the most part and I have made a lot of good friends.
The hardest part of my job was being away from my family for so long and not having time for my kid and my pets.
No co-workers are the greatest but most of them were pretty cool at times and everyone has their days of wanting to be the best at everything or do what they want to do at their own time.
Defending the country
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 20, 2016
The Army was a lot of hard work for very littler return. I did not join the Army to get rich. I joined to do a job that less than one percent of the country is willing to do. I joined to go and fight for the freedoms that my family and I hold near and dear to our hearts. I fought so that others who didn't have the intestinal fortitude to fight didn't have to.
Pros
full medical, dental, 401k, vision, travel, training, and paid vacation
Cons
dangerous jobs, long periods of time away from loved ones
It's a life style not a job
13D AFATDS operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 20, 2016
Don't know why any one would need to put in a review on such a stable of American culture. Sure individuals may bemoan their treatment in the military, but let's face it the main concern of the military is to prepare young men and women for the unthinkable. So yes it can be at times an unfair job. It also has some of the best opportunities for advancement as long as your willingness is strong. Overall the military has been more beneficial to the work force then many fortune 500 companies.
Pros
Chance to see the world
Cons
Lack of individuality
Supply sergeant
Unit Prevention Leader (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJune 21, 2016
Working in the military is all about result, discipline, team and having great attitude. Everything is at check. Which motivate you to be the great. Very Fun place to work with supportive co-workers. There are many policies and regulation circulate the involvement of daily work but this is expected of a discipline institution. The most enjoyable part of the job is friendly working environment and many cultures and skill level to learn from. As time goes so as man should move on.
Pros
Great benefit and honor
There is still a sense of the Good Old Boys System in the Army
Multichannel Transmission Systems Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 21, 2016
A typical day started with one hour of physical training, followed by 90 minutes of personal hygiene and breakfast. The workday started at 0830 with vehicle maintenance. There was common task training throughout the day. Some days were spent at the range qualifying on the various weapons. Some days were spent training on convoy operations. Final formation was at 1630 hours, signaling the end of the work day.
Pros
Variety of training, great health care
Cons
Pay is not that good for the lower ranking enlisted soldiers
Private (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work was waking up around 4:30 AM to do physical training, eating breakfast around 7:30 AM and going to class until 5:00 PM. After that it was eating dinner at 5:30 PM and going to sleep around 9:00. I learned many skills such as keeping everything organized and being punctual. My superiors were very helpful as were my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was all of the physical stuff that I had to do. The most enjoyable part was being able to go places I had never been through and test the limits as to what I thought I could do.
Very Professionol Fun Work Place
Helicopter Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 24, 2016
Work day is workout at 0630-0730 go home conduct personal hygiene be at work at 0900- 1700

Learn your job, rules and regulations learn to follow the Manual

Great management they put our needs before their own Never leave us uniformed

They are team players its all about teamwork

Having to wait on the tool you need cause someone else is using it

Lunch time we have the opportunity to have a team lunch to see have your doing on the job and outside the job and do u need help with anything
Pros
1hr 30 min lunch, do the job you love, great leadershipgrat benifits
Cons
hard way rather than the smarter way
Productive and fun
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 25, 2016
What you get out of the Army will depend greatly on the amount of time and effort you put into ensuring the success of your self and your team, stay focused and don't expect your leadership to always hold your hand and spoon feed you everything you need to know.
Pros
Flying, shooting, repairing million dollar equipment, cool uniforms and gear.
Cons
Highly trained enemy combatants attempting to take your life by any means necessary, and the housing conditions for single soldiers are awful.
I think all should serve
Mid level management (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, TXJune 25, 2016
After serving 15 years in the Armed Forces, I can indeed make an honest comment the military. Daily activities sometimes become redundant when are not honing your craft in a field environment. As a supervisor, your days does not stop at 5 pm. You are constantly on pins and needles about the actions of your employees after hours. The hardest part of the job is dehumanizing one's self because the mission outcome is at the forefront. The most enjoyable part of the job is the honor that comes with wearing the uniform.
Pros
Honor, respect and consistent pay check
Cons
Time away from family or friends
Great job with plenty of room for advancement
Field Artillery (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lewis, WAJune 29, 2016
This job has taught me a lot about time management and productivity. It has also instilled in me a good work ethic. I have learned what it is to be led and to be a good leader. The work load and work flow varied from day to day but typically I am used to working 12 hr days. It has also taught me a lot about hard work, discipline, resiliency, new trades, and respect. You definitely grow as a family and learn to work with all type of people from all walks of life.
Productive and diversified workplace.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJune 29, 2016
Work begins with physical training (PT) at 0630 to 0800 Monday - Friday. ) 930 begins the workday. Depending on your unit there could be several different missions throughout the day. Every unit has different management/leadership styles, so the pace of the day varies. 1130-1300 is your lunch period. 1300-1700 is the end of the workday. The hardest part of the job could be the physical demands of doing pt daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is serving your country, meeting people from all over the world, and being taken care of with numerous benefits.
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4