U.S. Army

26.8K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 25,423 reviews matching the search
Civil Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOFebruary 10, 2016
This was my first role in managing sales representatives. During the eight years I was with the company I experienced success, growing pains, and a company merge.
Pros
Good people, family oriented
Cons
There were some growing pains
Hands on training mixed and resourceful instuctors
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAFebruary 10, 2016
Enjoyed the fact that the instructors taught beyond the academic standards at the school and allowed us to develop a sense of understanding the US Army as both a career and a pathway for future endeavors.
Met all different walks of life.
Emergency Treatment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 10, 2016
My work experience varied depending on where I was stationed and who I worked with. I enjoyed helping people. I enjoyed training soldiers.
Pros
Got to travel to many countries, civilian educational opportunities
Cons
Sacrifice personal time/ family for professional missions
productive work place
Team chief (Former Employee) –  Anchorage Alaska and tacoma WashigntonFebruary 10, 2016
co-workers were very close like a family and it made working together easy. hours were long and tough. when supplies ran out it took a lot of time to receive new material this making us backed up on projects.
Pros
gaining hands on knoledge
Cons
long hours not much family time
Outstanding
Armor Senior Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 10, 2016
Would not change a thing, learned teamwork and leadership. Loyalty, honor and selfless service. I feel every person should serve if possible to see if you have what it takes.
Contracting Officer Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 10, 2016
Great job with great benefits. I highly recommend the US Army for everyone. Great health insurance, and great people. Fort Polk, LA is awesome.
Severed my time
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 10, 2016
The military is not for every one and can be hard some people are able to move up in rank and enjoy there time in the military and some do not like the military life and are wanting to get out at fast as they can but the job gets done at the end of the day
Pros
good medical and education
Cons
poor living conditions and lack of family focus
N/a
Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 10, 2016
Its the Army, you do what is needed when the time comes. I was a medic we peformed training and treatments daily when in garrison and on deployments monitored and treated casualties as received.
Military Experience
88M Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Being in the Army and helping to serve my country is an overall great feeling to know that I am helping to protect citizens.
Great work environment
AMMUNITION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 10, 2016
A busy day where many different jobs are done. Leadership and management skills can be acquired. A great learning experience.
benefits
Cons
hours
Entered basic training to become soldier.
Infantry Gun Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAFebruary 10, 2016
I entered basic training to become a soldier. I learned a lot in basic training. I learned how to function/communicate as a team, I learned how to survive in life and death situations, and I learned attention to detail as well as respect for my superiors.
Cons
I have Asthma and and am unfit for the military
Proud servicemember
Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Proud to have served our country as a US Army Paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division. I will never forget the leadership skills I learned there nor will I forget the values that were reinforced.
Best job around
Military Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 10, 2016
After 21 years of service I have nothing but good things to say. 21 years went by because time flies when your having fun. Benefits are excellent but the hours are sometimes excessive.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
pay is not as high as a civilian equivalent
Loved it
AIRCRAFT ARMAMENT MISSILE SYSTEMS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Oahu Island, HIFebruary 10, 2016
I moved around a lot, young and unattached made it easy. Lots of work and lots of fun. I was in before contractors did most of the work.
Great potential for rewarding career
DEPLOYMENT COMPANY COMMANDER (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Directed the day-to-day operations to equip, evaluate, and transport over 100 US military personnel per week, while creating and managing a new procedure to train and equip over 300 US military personnel that would deploy to Liberia in response to the Ebola outbreak
Indeed is a very good source for job searching
Combat Engineer Sergeant (Team Leader) (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYFebruary 10, 2016
My current job as a Combat Engineer is very interesting, As a team leader my job is very important and serious to me. The United States Army Reserves has been a very rewarding job.
Ugh
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 10, 2016
You spend the first two-three months to a year being told you're human garbage, and it somehow only gets worse from there. Pay ain't bad though.
Pros
Good bennys
Cons
Sucks
fun place to work
Senior Logistician for a Battalion (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 9, 2016
This was my last unit and it was one of the best units I ever worked for. The team work and work ethic of everyone was unsurpassed.
A great experience
Emergency Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Working for the military is a great career opportunity and I highly recommend anyone looking for a change to their everyday life to consider joining our Armed Forces.
Best
Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  West LA, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Wake up early do pt
Eat breakfast
Stay in office and make coffee all day to stay awake
Talk to pilots
Sometimes get a black hawk ride
Pros
FREE FOOD AND COFFEE
Cons
BORING

4.5