U.S. Army
20,747 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

good structure not too many complaints i learned alot about myself
SPECIALIST (Former Employee), colorado-springs,CoMarch 26, 2015
always had a basic layout as to what was gonna happen each day which made life a little bit easier. Higher ranking people never really were there for guidance so we always had to figure most everything out on our own and hope we did it right. The people who did work very very hard such as myself and a few others were never the guys to get promoted when it was very well deserved but i dont hold grudges about it i figure if it was meant to be then it would have happened. I do miss it now tho, the army has made me a stronger more well rounded person. it has tought me many things and different ways of looking at things. i got to see a large portion of the world and for that i am thankful i have met people who will always be considered family to me and they arent blood but they should be.
Great and productive wprkplace
Water treatment specialist (Current Employee), greenville, scMarch 26, 2015
I learn dicipline management and teamwork. I also learn how to challenge the mind and set goals that takes some work to reach.
Versatility and a great career
92A-Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Financial Stability
Cons: Poor leadership
In the United States Army it is a learning experience and change to change your life. I have learned how to be patient, to learn from others, and to work with a diverse group of people. From day-to-day I am building communication skills, the ability to work alone and in a group, and testing my leadership skills.
Productive Workplace To Grow
Flight Operation Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee), Ft Bliss, TexasMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Travel, Benefits, Serving Country
Cons: N/A
Joined the Military at a young age only to serve 4 years; 15 years later it has been a great learning experience. I've met plenty of people from different cultures, traveled to many countries while serving as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to travel to different parts of the world and to learn about myself. I wouldn't trade my decisions that I made in the US ARMY for anything.
Hooah
Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOMarch 26, 2015
Need I say more? It is the lively hood of many, who wouldn't want to become part of something bigger than they are? The people you meet along they way are worth far more than anything in any other job.
Great opportunity, but flawed
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZMarch 26, 2015
Too much waiting for basic requirements along with aging and overly complex technology make this a challenging but potentially worthwhile career opportunity.
Great job benefits
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 26, 2015
I had a lot of jobs in the army. Mostly you get up and do PT then come back at 9 and start your work day. weather its doing stuff around the company or in the motorpool messing with truck. Then we start paperwork for soldiers, weekly and monthly evaluations.
Diverse workplace with varying mission sets
Operational Detachment Support Operations Sergeant (Current Employee), Ft. Campbell, KYMarch 26, 2015
Memorable work experiences with extraordinary co-workers. The diversity of the job made it enjoyable everyday and made me look forward to going to work.
Great experiance
Armor Crewman (Former Employee), Fort knox KentuckyMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free food, being able to do things not everyone gets to experiance
Cons: Not able to take a shower on a regular basis
All I can really say, it was a great learning experience as a young man, tough me values, responsibility and maturity early on.

The hardest part of the job trying to maintain in the desert heat for weeks at a time.
Military Officer
Senior Project Manager / Engineer Advisor (Current Employee), Gobal LocationMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great Assignment and professional development
Cons: Inflexible mind set and short term outlook by superior
Great organization but have the tendency to suppress creative thinking. High potential to work for a supervisor that is very self center and career orientated which can be dangerous in certain situations.
Strong and Disiplined
Military Policeman (Former Employee), Camp Santiago, P.R.March 25, 2015
Pros: Dirrection and Focus
Cons: Bad desicions
In my personal experience this was a job where your higher ranking officers and enlisted became a family. We operated as one and accomplished all objectives. The hardest part of this job is loosing a brother in arms and the most enjoyable part was coming back home.
Great People and Strong Leadership
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Meet people from different cultures.
My typical day at work is dealing with various vendors and customers on supply chain matters. I have learned customer service is the key to success. I have experienced management from the lowest to the executive level.
team and brotherhood dynamic of professionals
Small weapons repairer (Former Employee), Fort carson, COMarch 25, 2015
Pros: teamwork, comradery
Cons: some long days
the united states army is highly motivated professional work place environment that on a daily basis at any in giving moment can handle and troubleshoot a array of situation in a high speed pace work environment under the most stressful situations
Hard working workplace
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Making strong life long bonds with other soldiers.
Cons: worked 24/7 and the pay was not very good.
Received our work that needed to be done during that work day and I would take what was given to me to do and take the men I was in charge of and go get the job done. An example of that is when we would have to take care of our military vehicles and go through checking all the equipment and making sure everything was good and running incase anything happened we would be fully ready to get up and go.
Serving my country
SFC/ Logistics/Ammunition/Transportation (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Job advancement, and health care benefits
Cons: Being away from family while on combat duty
Train soldiers everyday
Counsel soldiers everyday
Traveling to overseas assignments
Working with different personnel
Protecting the country
Working outdoors
Learning new techniques and procedures for training
Exercise and training programs
healthcare specialist
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMarch 25, 2015
For the past 2 years, I worked directly with patients on a day to day basis in a family practice clinical setting. I assisted a PA-C in the diagnosis, care, and follow up of patients. On a daily basis, I accessed and maintained patients records electronically and efficiently with the use a healthcare software to schedule, update, and revise patient information as needed. As patients needed, I drew their blood, administered I.V.’s and various medications via injection, performed E.K.G.’s, as well as various other healthcare treatments in my time in a clinical setting.
As my time progressed within the clinic, I advanced to supervisor over about 30 medics. During my time as a supervisor, I scheduled, accounted for, and maintained control over these 30 personnel. Other tasks as a supervisor included various daily reports, training, and key control.
enjoyable working enviroment
91B Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), fort hood, txMarch 25, 2015
always something new and interesting happening. get to meet new people from all over. get to travel and learn new things all the time.
A great stepping stone
Information Systems Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free TA for school, benefits, clothing allowance
Cons: short family times, Army drawdown affecting promotions
My Army time was the best decision I ever made. It gave me balance, structure and molding that I needed as a teenager. I was taught time management, team building and leadership. I learned more about the IT field, the Army and DOD network and enterprise email system. Policies and procedures as well as other forms of Signal and communication jobs that wasn't necessarily in my job description. The Army was very big on cross training. All schools for Cisco, comptia, and others were paid for as well as test vouchers. Industry standard certifications.

The military promotes family but sometimes fails to actually enforce. There were years when deployments were rampant and family time was just not there. deployments, exercises, resets and other taskings basically kept you from your family. But there are four days and sometimes they will attempt to backfill you days you worked when you should have been off.

Army comrades are the best to work with. You share common bonds and work together to accomplish whatever mission you are given. It will tell you a lot about yourself and the people you work with in a stress environment.
The greatest force in the wolrd
SENIOR CARGO CHECKER (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VAMarch 25, 2015
To be apart of the greatest force in the world, to live train and build a bond that never goes away. To travel the world and connect with others from around the world. In the military you gain more than just a job you gain a way that can change your life.
working for the military
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: reliable work
Cons: long time away from family
show up early perform physical training shower compete necessary tasks for the day train in the field go to the range fire weapons sleep in the field

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries