U.S. Army
16,096 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Easy!!!
Enhanced Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSAugust 24, 2014
Pros: set hours and wage, sick days. on salary
Cons: sometimes spend months away from family
You are told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, what to wear, how to walk. It is the easiest career out there.
I enjoyed working with the Military dogs and horses.
Animal Care Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: fun and interesting job.
Cons: coming down on orders to go to another country without being ready.
A typical day was to do the veterinary work on the Military dogs and horses. Two days a week we would do veterinary work on Military Personal private pets. I took care of the stray animals and rabies suspects. It was a fun and interesting job.
Very well organized and equipped with advanced technology
Neuclear and Cheminal Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: travel experiences in other countries, monetary exchange rates
Cons: long fiend experiences away from family.
Typical day involved morning formation and physical exercise, maintenance on vehicles and equipment, weapons training, and specialty training (daily).

I learned hazardous waste management, personal decontamination, nuclear and chemical material management, light infantry weapons, land navigation, survival training, hand-to-hand combat. radio communication.

The – more... hardest part of the job was field training and maneuvers; months in the field trying to survive in a simulated combat environment.

The most enjoyable aspect is the overseas assignment. I was assigned to a base in Garlstat Germany for 4 1/2 years. – less
Team Leader typical work day
Officer (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TexasAugust 24, 2014
Pros: opprortunity to train america's young men and women.
Cons: time on the job was limitied to 24 months.
A typical work day within civil affairs consisted of routine meetings and reports due to the civil military operation center. Generally, a continual process of updates of staffing, requirements and status on upcoming training events. Weekly, monthly and quarterly planning meetings were attended or led in order to coordinate resources for upcoming training – more... events. Ensured team personnel were briefed and understood what priorities were for the upcoming training events. Prepare necessary briefing requirements established in daily operations. Established and defined training guidelines that met unit objectives and ensured efforts of each team member were in support of achieving goals that met higher headquarters objectives. The hardest part of the job was coordinating resources during a period of serious budget/funding constraints. This constraint provided the most difficult challenges but also the most rewarding once the requirements were fulfilled and collaborated by negotiating for outside resources in exchange for partnering in other training events across the installation. The most enjoyable part of the was always the sense of accomplishment during difficult challenges. The overall satisfaction that was expressed by each team member made it enjoyable part of the job. Seeing subordinates achieve success during tenacious challenges can never be ignored or go unrewarded. – less
A lot of nice hard working soldiers
Chemical Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 24, 2014
Great leaders and NCO's. Was the best time of my life working within the 82nd airborne division
JSMC-Lima DA Police
Police Officer (Current Employee), JSMC-Lima, OHAugust 24, 2014
Cons: leadership
This place is very easy and the job is very easy provided you know what you are doing and are certified to complete the work. The leadership on the other hand believe in the "good ol' boys" system and they believe they are able to run the department as if it were filled with active duty privates. They order you around and expect you to jump when told – more... and do not think they can be punished for anything they do but attempt to punish anyone who stands up to them. They hire under the Term status so if they do not like you, they can just not extend or re-hire you once your term expires. – less
Wonderful technical experiences & connections
Preventive Medicine NCO (Former Employee), JBLM, WAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: military discounts, prestige & recognition of wearing the uniform, 4-day weekends, paid leave, travel opportunities, leadership training, cultural & ethnic diversity, medical care & benefits
Cons: one-year separation from spouse & children, enlisted soldier opposed to commissioned officer, inconsistency in good leaders, discrete bigotry
In my 22 years, I met so many peers, subordinates, and leaders were technically & tactically proficient. Those who were very new to the concept of environmental sanitation adapted immediately & progressed quickly. I especially loved the travel opportunities & cultural diversity experiences gained in the Army. I learned how to be a true leader by taking – more... initiative and adapting to any situation. The ethnic & cultural diversity in the Army is what I vastly benefited from at every Garrison hospital, TO&E unit, combat deployment, hardship tour, and humanitarian mission. – less
loved my job
Signal Support Systems (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYAugust 24, 2014
had a blast, and saw the world. There are always obstacles in any job but I will always be grateful.
Great Opportunities
Special Forces Senior Weapons Sergeant (Current Employee), McChord AFB, WAAugust 24, 2014
The Army allows you to have endless access to career progression. The military sends you to as many schools as you could possibly need to be competitive in your career field.
good place to work
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort carson COAugust 24, 2014
a typical day would be to work out then proceed to the dining facility to prepare,cook and serve food. i learned a lot of useful life essential skills.
Fast pace work enviroment
Automated Logistical Specialist (92A) (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free medical benefits, money for school
A typical work day would start at 6:15 am with physical training that last for about an hour and a half. Workcall starts at 9:00am at the supply warehouse. Ordering, shipping and receiving parts. Items waiting to distribute all over base to the units who are in need. Hardest part about the job is dealing with co workers who don't want to work. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is being able to communicate with others and being able to network. – less
hard work and determination
Tanker (Former Employee), Ft. knox, kyAugust 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, carer builder
just have to be a hard worker and dedicated to your country. have the balls to enlist and serve your country, whether its here or in a different country. the benefits are endless and it can set you up for life.
We did more before 6 am than most people do all day!
Administrative/Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: deployments
It's the United States Army! The Army provided me with discipline, structure, and the motivation to never quit, always keep pushing forward, and succeed!
Very productive and affective for me in the work place.
Non Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 24, 2014
Pros: love my job
Cons: not a bad moment
Management and Supervisor duties.
Responsible for managing, supervision, training, and review of 200 lower ranking individuals.
n Observed, maintained and ensured business plans monthly to keep in line with business goals
Overall a good foundation
Army Recruiter (Current Employee), Reno, NVAugust 24, 2014
Gain skills and experience while serving your country. Hard work and time off. Lots of room for advancement. Benefits are great if you can manage to hold on long enough. Management is hit and miss as far as quality.
Where Leaders are Made
Assistant Director of Operations (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 23, 2014
An experience like no other. You will be pushed to the brink of exhaustion; both physically and emotionally. The best and the worst days of my life were in the service of this nation.
US Army
Maintenance Emergency Repair Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, travel
Cons: multiple deployments away from family
I really enjoyed my time in the military. If I can do it all over I will do it again in a heartbeat.I learned a lot of leadership skills and discipline. Met some very great people throughout my years. Educated a lot of young soldiers on ways in self development..
Professional Organization
Captain (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: opportunity to take month long leave during the christmas and new year
Cons: long hours
In a typical work day I am constantly being challenged to improve myself and the organization. I learned how to manage small to large team projects varying from Information Technology to Humanitarian Aid. I learned how to prevent and identify possible internet and third party software and hardware hacker intrusion methods. I have learned how to work – more... as a team and not as an individual. My co-workers always taught me about sustaining team motivation and forward thinking initiatives. The hardest part of the job is spending time away from family and friends.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the gratification of saving and contributing to the lives or millions of people internationally and domestically. – less
A day at BK
Infantryman (Former Employee), hawaiiAugust 23, 2014
I did not like this job at all. The management was rude and unprofessional. If you enjoy working hard a lot of hours and smelling like burgers this is the job to get.
soldier investment
Material Management Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: team
Cons: unpredictability, in duty assignments and consitant moving as a parent was difficult
Being a Soldier was important to me but, I had to decide between my daughter and a highly demanding field. It is not just a job being a soldier is an investment. But I would hate to have been a better soldier than a great mother.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more