U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,249 reviews matching the search
Great Place to start.
Aviation Component Repair Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJanuary 25, 2017
The US Army is a great place to learn. You as a Soldier will have to learn and adapt to a new culture that will help you in the future. You have the option to get into one of the Army's 210 Mission Occupation Specialties (MOS). Learn a job that you like. Travel to places you may never have thought you would go.

Visit your local recruiter for more information.
Pros
excellent benefits with 30 days paid vacation a year
Cons
You may spend up to 9 months away from family
Great opportunity for a vast amount of experience
Hospital Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJanuary 23, 2017
The US Army has opened a lot of doors for me and i would suggest the Military to anyone. I first entered the Military with just wanting to get out of Maryland but after basic training i really got the picture. The Army has been a great stepping stool for me to greater improve my life and earn skills and gain memories that will last a lifetime.
Pros
Great earning opportunity and a chance to certify in many trades
Motivated and high morale workplace
Power Generation Equipment Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Great organization that includes physical training and work. Great overall work experience. I learned hands on training with diesel and electrical components all the way from small generators to tractor and tank engines. The most enjoyable part of my position in the Army was interacting with different cultures and different people on the regular basis and becoming family with everyone I worked with in the past.
Chanlleging and rewarding family/team atmosphere.
Supply Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 3, 2017
A typical work day consist of 13hrs a day with physical fitness formation starting at 0530 and a end of the day formation at 1830. I've gain knowledge and certifications as well as government regulation on Logistics. The workplace culture fosters the family atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is holding multiple positions, meeting tight deadlines and supervising at the same time. We always accomplish the mission on time. I enjoy working as a team and doing great things for my country.
Good
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 21, 2017
A typical day at work with me starts and 0500am. I wake up get ready for physical fitness, which starts at 0630. So 0630 we do PT until 0730, then you have a hour in a half to conduct personal hygiene and be back at work at 0900. I report to work at 0900 check the system to see what parts need to be pulled for the day plus put away the parts that came in the day before and the day of. Workload continue all the way until 1700 or later depending how big your warehouse is.
Positive environment with great morale
Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJanuary 21, 2017
Maintained a good working environment while having great cohesion throughout the staff. My experience as a logistical specialist in the U.S. Army has given me the opportunity to work with a staff from all over the world such as different cultures, backgrounds, and work experiences. The most challenging part of the job was ensuring to continue to add value to advance the direction of the logistical program of the Army. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff.
All American American
88M-Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 22, 2017
As an 88M you will be expected to inspect any piece of equipment that is dispatched to you to make sure there are no problems before you operate the equipment. This is called PMCS, for Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services. There are also a few minor maintenance tasks that you, as the operator, are expected to do, adding fluids if needed, airing up tires, etc. In Ft. Leonard Wood you will be trained to accomplish these tasks, and you will be trained how to safely operate various types of transportation equipment on a wide variety of terrains. Awesome time in Ft Leonard Wood.
Pros
Meeting new soldiers
Great way to gain strong, usable skills with great benefits
Network Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2017
Joining the Army has been a rewarding experience. Not only have I learned valuable trade skills which will help me in civilian life, but the benefits are hard to match. While you are in you earn 2.5 days of paid leave per month, free college tuition assistance, an untaxed housing allowance, food allowance, annual clothing allowance, a cost of living allowance depending on where you live, and free health and dental care. Those are but a few. Plus, when you retire there are a plethora of additional benefits. It also goes without saying that serving in any branch of the military is a very honorable thing to do.
Highly productive work environment
Intelligence All Source Analyst (Former Employee) –  AZ; Korea; TX; OverseasJanuary 23, 2017
As an Intelligence Analyst, my main task was to derive information from all intelligence disciplines to identify possible threats, trends, and provide executive commanders with possible courses of action. I assembled and proofread intelligence reports daily and assisted in distributing strategic and tactical intelligence.
Pros
A variety of analytical areas (strategic or tactical)
Cons
given too much or not enough information
work environment is enjoyable
Power Generator Shop NCOIC and Motor SGT (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 23, 2017
First order of the day is a morning briefing.
Overview of scheduled maintenance and services.
Non-scheduled services and repairs
Priorities and emergencies
Ordering of Parts and supply
Management is proficient as well as professional
Workplace culture is team work.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the deadlines and rotating workforce to their respective training.
the most enjoying part of the jog is that at the end of the day we have come to the conclusion that we have completed our mission and achieved our goals.

Want to know more about U.S. Army?

Ask a question
Combat Engineer
combat engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJanuary 27, 2017
As a 12B combat engineer being stationed at fort leonard wood one could really loose all sense of hope for their future, as this duty station is nicknamed fort lost in the woods. However i reived excellent training and had nothing but the utmost respect and confidence in all my leaders from battallion all the way down to my squad leader. HoooAhhh .. King of the castle Combat Engineers. If ut dont go boom it aint fun. A co 31st Eng Bat. One team one fight
Pros
Cons
This base sucks
Productive Service for my country
Military Police Officer & National Guard Defense (Former Employee) –  Fort Story, VAJanuary 24, 2017
we rise at 4am everyday to perform all tasks and drills to maintain physically fit until 8 than return to our perspective appointed areas of duty . Management was tough and still is but stay committed has it benefits. The hardest part was to uphold the standard of fitness necessary to perform soldier duties of defense , as committed i am after a while it just took some getting used to. The most enjoyable part was actually meeting new aspects of life , networking , independence , a new life in a whole new world.
Pros
Health, Mental Readiness, Supply on Demand
Cons
no cons
Goal Focused. Discipline and Protection.
92Y Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2017
10 years serving in the U.S. Army has opened my eyes to a world bigger then myself. Life is truly a gift. Freedom is mercy and not granted to many people. The service has taught me about community and high values in order to accomplish any mission. Hard work and discipline always pays off. As long as we remain dedicated and alert we will grow and succeed.
Pros
Mind building lifestyle
Cons
Away from family for long periods of time. War.
United States Army
CBRN Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of one hour exercise followed by a full day of work which allowed us to expand our knowledge in different areas of work. I've learned a whole lot while being in the military. I received plenty of hands-on training working with military vehicles and other related field work to other experiences such as clerical work. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with the most difficult tasks, however, I appreciated those moments because it allowed me to grow and expand.
Productive job
Training Administration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Eustis, VaJanuary 25, 2017
Military Training
Personal Physical Conditioning
Marksmanship Training
Primary Leadership Development/Principles of Supervision
Manager Development
Defense Reutilization/Marketing System
Supervisor Development
Support Operations
Combat Lifesaver (training in Basic Heartsaver, First Aid and selected Medical Procedures)
Basic Combat Training Course
Communication Skills
Pros
Leadership, Manager and Supervisor Development
Cons
Subject to harm ways
It really depends on where you are
92F Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Active Duty literally just depends on when you get stationed. I got put in Ft. Hood, TX. Not the best place, especially if it's your first duty station.
My job wasn't hard at all, but the leadership here in my opinion is below par. Most of your fellow soldiers (which everyone is) are pretty good people, but there are people that have gotten to a certain rank, that may have forgotten what it means to have been a lower ranked soldier. Which often times can be a problem.

But I liked it and wish I could have done it longer. It just wasn't meant to be for me.
Pros
Paid leave, Early release on Thursday. MANY benefts
Cons
Last minute notice stuff, 24 hour availability at all times day or night
Productive and fun work enviroment.
Air Defense Enhanced Early Warning System Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 27, 2017
3 years of honorable service in the U.S. Army who balances the necessity of protecting people and property with the capability and training to preserve public relations with customers both foreign and domestic. Progressive experience within computer programming and maintaining communications. Equally capable of working alone or as a member of a team, and comfortable exercising initiative and problem solving.
Great place to learn many skills and grow as an indivual as well as a team.
Senior Advisor, Personnel Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 29, 2017
Typical work days are Monday through Friday with weekends and holidays off. The start of each day consist of physical traing normally at from 6:30 am to 7:30 am then go to work from 9 to 5. Job security and opportunities for education and promotions. Lots of travel, short and long trips, so you will spend some time away from home.
Pros
Great pay with benefits, and a lot of days off.
Cons
Deployments to other countries in support of missions.
ARMY. A way of Life and cimmitment to God and Country
Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  28 Infantry Division 56 Brigade PennsylvaniaJanuary 31, 2017
Every person has limits. You either are a lemon or you make lemonade. "Adapt and Overcome" is the model I use and have used, to train my soldiers. I enjoyed my career (36 years). Every unit has its quirks and maintaining morale in a terrible situation separates men from boys. I am a certified Small Group Instructor and I really enjoy being an instructor and a mentor.
Pros
travel to places you never want to see again.
Cons
meeting people that you never want to see again.2
Efficient and enjoyable place to work everyday
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Baumholder, DEFebruary 2, 2017
A regular day at work consists of encountering multiple patients, helping with medical records, insurance forms, and uploading information electronically.
Helping other ancillary sections out like laboratory with checking in patients, handling blood/urine.
I've learned that you cannot please every patient but try to the best of your ability to help them out. Which is more so the hardest part of the job because you want to make every patient content with their visit.
Pros
Healthcare, Great colleagues, Very rewarding
Cons
No lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4