U.S. Army
19,438 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Love this Job
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee), HawaiiJanuary 27, 2015
Wish i could work there for Ever, learned a lot form the people on the Island, didn't want to leave Hawaii
Discisplined, regimented work enviroment
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee), Korea, South Carolina, & ArizonaJanuary 27, 2015
I joined the military when I turned 18 years old and it was the best thing I ever did. It taught me discipline, helped me grow as an individual and opened my eyes to other parts of the world. I am very grateful tot he military and what it has done for me.
Army Mechanics
Small Arms Repairman (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 27, 2015
A Typical day at Ft. Benning, GA would be waking up at 4am. Being in formation by 0600. Doing P.T./ Workouts until 0745, and then going home to shower, eat breakfast, and be back for 0900 work call. From there you'd typically PMCS Track and Wheeled vehicles with the operators to see if anything were wrong with the vehicle and if so what steps to take to get it to 80% operating. The rest of the day consisted of working on anything that was damaged.
Hard work and long hours, but a good experience.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, decent benefits
Cons: long days, last minute assignments
10-12 hour days were pretty normal, sometimes even longer depending on the project. physical training in the mornings, then we'd do equipment maintenance and the paperwork as well accountability checks. Training events would last from a few hours to several weeks and would include basic marksmanship to unit maneuvers. Co-workers are great, we'd pulled together to get some tough assignments done. Some of the jobs I had were Arms Room Custodian, Gunner, and small drone operator. It was overall a good experience.
Powerpoints, physical training, more powerpoints, followed by another powerpoint.
Infantryman (Current Employee), Bartonville, IllinoisJanuary 27, 2015
Its typical government work with copious amounts of paperwork and red tape. Not much to complain about as a whole though. As I did chose infantry as a field, it also involves weapon and combat training as well as physical training and workouts.
logistic
92A- Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: they educate their soldiers
Cons: need to work on family care plans.
Long days and nights.Very informational. The every day work load was worth coming in everyday knowing you where making a difference somewhere else in the world from where you worked. I loved it.
Army
Indirect Fire Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NyJanuary 26, 2015
My typical day starts by waking up and going for a long run. Then rushing to eat my breakfast to get to formation on time. However, I wouldn't changed that for anything.
Great work environment pushed you to be someone you didnt know you could be. Never took no for an answer.
Senior Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: experience, working with different technology, holding multiple positions. always challenging
Cons: being separated from family
Every day was different. I would start the day with the thought of "What can I do to make today productive." I've learned that you start from the bottom and work your way up no matter what it is. Just like the number of personnel there are so many different ways to handle a situation and deal with certain people. I enjoy working with likeminded people whose focus was to accomplish the same goals. Hardest part of my job was being away from my family. Staying busy and making sure everything was working properly made my job enjoyable.
Good travel
25Q (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: leadership
Good travel, opportunities to learn and better yourself, school opportunities, leadership isn't the best, good co workers,
Great Benfits and travel
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), FT. HoodJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: traveling
Cons: some places arent that great to be at.
Typical day on the job differ from day to day. Great experience for the past 10 years.
Fast paced environment where one learns to think on their feet!
Operations Director (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJanuary 26, 2015
A great place for service to the citizens of the United States of America while gaining valuable education, training, and experience. Service in the United States Army is a great enhancer to maturity levels of all personnel, provides travel experiences to locations around the world, and provides excellent civilian educational opportunities.
Job varies on the unit that you are placed in. Overall good experience.
Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Nine to five work hours depending on the workload (not to include classes, training, physical fitness training). Got to operate many different types of equipment, and met a wide range of different people.
Fullfilling Job
Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: medical, garunteed paycheck, housing, training, relationships, chosing an mos that suits your individual interests
Cons: time away from home, demanding
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time traveling to South Korea, Fort Leavenworth, Fort Jackson, and Fort Lee. I have gained many valuable life skills and paralegal skills. The hardest part of being in the military is being separated from loved ones for extensive periods of time.
Its the military
Soldier (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits for you and family
Cons: long periods away from loved ones
i dont even know what to say that hasnt been said a million times about the military.
Information receptionist (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 26, 2015
Performs a variety of human resource support activities for assigned organizations. Receives, reviews, and processes personnel actions including processing arriving/departing personnel. Actions may include retirement applications and permanent changes of station; requisitions, assignments, deferments, and separations. Initiates or reviews documents for payments including requests for uniform allowances, retroactive pay, and pay adjustments due to promotion or increased longevity or for performance of training. Examines information contained in applications, statements of service, correspondence. Performs advancement and educational support activities and administers training requests.
A good job if you're up to it.
42A - Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOJanuary 26, 2015
The beginning is not as smooth as you'd want but it gets better. If you have a good chain of command, you'll love working for the country. Of course you have bad days but if you really want to be here, you won't mind.
Best job
Front Line Supervisor (Squad Leader) (Former Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKJanuary 26, 2015
I loved that I got to serve my country in the time of war. I met so many people and had some man experiences. I have a life time of stories and made life time friends. Is the military hard yes it can be, but any job can be hard its what you make of the job and how you deal with it.
it was the best military experance in twenty+ years of service
Staff Sargent (Former Employee), muscatatuck urban training centerJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: its over
I had a boss that new I was an expert in my field, we would not be beat. every mission we ever took on was a success. The crew I had working for me was the very best at what they did. The mission was to take something normal an make it look like a disaster had just accrued. but keep it operational. We had a entire city to do this to, while keeping track of equipment , operations an safety 360 degree's at all times. It was a fast paste and demanding. The hardest part of the job was being away from my wife an kids for long periods of time.
High Paced working environment
Military vehicle maintainer and supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible during work hours
Cons: 12 hr days
Typical work day starts 04:45. Long days but also a lways a productive day. I enjoyed the environment and the individuals around me.
Challenging assignment
Uniteds States Army Engineer Officer - Captain (Current Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOJanuary 26, 2015
Never a dull moment in the Military, always something happening with lots of different people to work with. Enjoyed training Soldiers and serving my Country. Learned how to motivate and lead through shared common goals to accomplish assigned missions and tasks while continually improving self.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more