U.S. Army
20,714 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Excellent co-workers & experience
Operational Detachment Support Operations Sergeant (Current Employee), Ft. Campbell, KYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Medical Benefits, Pay, Expereinces, People
There is no such thing as a typical day in the Special Forces community. Being adaptive, flexible and motivated is what leads you to mission success. The leadership and people I worked with were excellent and will be family for the rest of my life. I learned more about myself and the world in this job than I have at any other point in my life. I will miss the brotherhood and commraderie it provided.

The hardest part of the job was leaving my family behind and missing out on significant events.

The best part of my job was traveling to various countries with minimal guidance and the flexibility to get things done. Everyday was different and your job and what you accomplished was directly up to you and your team. You get out what you put in.
A life changing job.
Automated Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: The learning, and traverling
Cons: down time
It was a motivating, and a changing experiencing. I traveled the world and seen many things that opened my eyes. It was a great environments.
The thing to do as a 18 yr old fresh out of Highschool,if your unsure on what to do next
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, Tx/ Babenhausen GermanyMarch 25, 2015
Pros: A new experiance
Cons: Being away from home for the first time
A typical day at work would be maintaining a warehouse by doing different warehouse functions such as shipping and receiving, stocking, order placement, and parts tracking. Being that I had just graduated high school the Army was able to introduce me to a career of logistics for which I continued years after leaving the Army. The management could change often so my view of them could change often. The fellowship of fellow soldiers to me was the best part of the Army and the everlasting memories that we built. The hardest part of the job was being a soldier 24/7 meaning you had to learn to conduct yourself as such, no matter were you where at. The pride of serving Is something that I will always have
Never a dull moment
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), World-wideMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, pay, retirement.
Cons: Time away from family.
A career in the Army isn't for everyone but for those who choose the military lifestyle there are a lot of benefits including health insurance, life insurance, the pay isn't all that bad and you get a chance to see various places around the world.
Great exerience
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 25, 2015
The military lifestyle is very demanding and requires a lot of sacrifice not only from the soldier but from the family as well.
Large Company with career advancement
Weapons Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Shooting weapons, traveling
Cons: Short breaks, bad leadership at times
The army infantry is a tough job. Each day there is physical training to start the day off then goes right into a normal work schedule. Maintenance for trucks is done daily and weapons cleaning is always a must. The overall summary of the job is fun and educational as long as you can listen to orders.
Knowledge is Power.
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 25, 2015
For the army a typical day at work is clearing barracks room, filing papers, scrubing files. I have learned something new almost daily and try to inprove what i am doing to fit the senior leader to me. I believe the hardest part of my job would be to trasition and have belt a bond with... But i do know that it can happen all over again.
to gain a trade
Tow Gunner (Former Employee), GermanMarch 25, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: broke out from paint
The army was a structural and learning experience for me it taught me a lot of things discipline and character. The army gave me the skills and knowledge I need to survive in the world today
Nice to serve my country
US army national guard (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 25, 2015
I have learned a lot of things in the military. Its an honor to work for my country, Those who doesnt believe in the army, at least there is no obligation at this time for any one.
Endless possibilities
Director of Operations/Personnel, (CSM/E-9) (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Educational opportunities, Advancement room, Security
Cons: Can be difficult on family........
The ability to advance is tremendous! By working extremely hard you can be very successful. Take advantage of all opportunities. Go above and beyond your duty and become a LIFELONG Learner! All these things are very possible! I joined the Army at age 17 years as an E-1 from a small town in WA state and will now be retiring as an E-9 after a very successful 24 years. Some very tough times in those years, but I did it with mostly terrific people! Go Army!
The best job in the world
Senior Non Commissioned Officer Combat Arms (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CaliforniaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Training the force, mission accomplishment
Cons: long hours
On a typical day I process all incoming information from dozens of sources which may be written, audio, and video. All information is analyzed and converted into a product that will the capabilities of the unit being trained and we display all actions that were successful and unsuccessful. We provide lessons learned from other rotations and apply it to the current unit training which allows them to be more effective in their execution. I enjoy the product that we deliver to each Task Force and how it positively affects training in this type of environment. The hardest part of this job is the hours that could be anywhere from 8 hours to up to 18 hours per day. I work well with our leadership to produce a well developed and thought out product
awesome
Cavalry Scout (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYMarch 24, 2015
in the military they teach you discipline, respect, and a lot about your yourself and others you learn teamwork as well I believe everyone should serve at least 2 years to learn all there is needed toknow
It was fun and a very life changing job and its more like a lifestyle
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), Leander, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Medical, Dental, Housing Life Insurance and Etc
Benefits are great and they provide alot of services for you for free and its a really easy job to do 0600 to 1700 job plenty of down time
weekends off which is nice for family time or if your single time to have fun pay is good for what you get in benefits
Service to Country
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMarch 24, 2015
Disciplined work environment. Long hours but very productive. Ability to succeed and advance. I learned what it means to serve and to become more than what you can be.
Learn a new job and be able to use it in the civilian sector
Military Policeman/Investigator (Former Employee), Fort Myer, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Could be deployed and move on a constant basis
Up early, but easy work depending on your MOS. No guarantees that you will stationed at one place longer than 2 years. Constant moving around.
Great learning experience
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Ft BenningMarch 24, 2015
Everyday I awake proud to serve in the logistics field as a unit supply specialist in the US Army. I enjoy my co-workers and its always a learning process with meeting new people and learning new logistic information. I enjoy managing my warehouse and supply room. I conduct inventories and keep accountability of all supplies. I provide for my unit, whatever they may need and I enjoy being able to support the mission.
Great place to work and grow experience
Squad Leader/Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits, advancement, environment
Cons: Time away from family, leadership, last minute duties
The military has been a great place to work. I have gained many friendships and skills through my twelve years serving in the military A typical day at work consisted of handling day to day problems that may arise with Soldiers, or respond to any disturbances within the military community. I learned how to work as a team, solve complex tasks, manage my time, lead and develop subordinates and counsel and mentor subordinates. The most enjoyable part of my job was the time that I got to spend making a difference in the life of the Soldiers that were under me.
Professional work experience
Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Hood TxMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits; Salary was good; Diverse people; Ever changing work place
Cons: Lifestyle can be hard on family unit with long periods of being away from family
They stimulate leaders to think critically and deal with controversial subjects while providing a medium to inform on new ideas and analyze concepts, doctrine and warfighting principles.
I need a place I can grow as a person and professional.
Section Leader (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMarch 24, 2015
My typical work day was full of different jobs. That's what i liked about it. It kept me on my toes. I was in charge of 8-10 soldiers. Most of my time was spent in an outside environment. As a section leader my main focus was safety. Its hard to explain a day in the military. The eight years I spent in the service taught me so much about what it takes to make it in the real world.
Great rewarding Career
Command Career Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, North CarolinaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits.
Cons: Time away from family.
Serving in the United States Army is the greatest and most satisfying thing I could have done with my life. Nothing is better than serving something bigger than yourself. No regrets and would definitely do it again.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries