U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Loved it
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCJanuary 18, 2018
I loved the Army. Unfortunately due to medical reasons i had to be discharged. I highly recommend this field for those whom are trying to find a purpose.
stable enviroment and great people
HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ft. Stewart, GAJanuary 18, 2018
loved what i did and wish i could have stayed in longer. I loved meeting new people and going to new places. It was the best and worst decision. You spend alot of time away from your family.
Pros
Great benefits
Military Police duties
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJanuary 18, 2018
Being a Military Police Officer was one of the proudest moments in my life. I was able to serve my country and also was able to perform in a law enforcement roll that I chosen as my career path. Unfortunately due to a lower back injury I was unable to enter the LAPD academy as planed and I have able to continue with a career in Security.
Grate place to grow
Electronics Technician 27E Tow (Former Employee) –  Europe and USJanuary 18, 2018
The military gave me the ability to acquire leadership, organizational, written and verbal communications. I was fortunate to work in several European countries allowing me to see the world from a number of different filters.
Pros
Collaborative Environment
Cons
Having to leave the family behind when assigned to temporary work sites.
Diverse experience
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Challenging tasks every day.
Your full potential will be tested but expands.
Individual skills will grow at a fast pace through self-confidence and leaders' demands.
Be open minded and learn from other coworkers' experiences.
Not enough time to finish all you planned for that day.
Interesting scenarios under unique circumstances continue to challenge your daily routine.
Pros
Build a second family
Cons
Sacrifice family time
Military
Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Not much to say, best job I ever had. Will never find another job that gives you the same kind of experiences or oppurtunities to meet people that will become closer than family
Everybody has a different experience
Infantryman (11B) (Former Employee) –  1-4 InfantryJanuary 18, 2018
Based on your life goals the Army could be the place for you. I was fortunate enough to live out my dream as becoming a sniper. Unfortunately some soldiers become NCO's when i feel they don't truly deserve it.
Pros
Brotherhood
Cons
Poor leadership
Army
Patriot Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 18, 2018
The US Army is a great place to develop yourself as a leader and as a person. You can go as far as you are willing to push yourself independent of the aspirations of others.
Fun and excellent leadership skills
Airborne Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 18, 2018
The Army was a fun fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes along with training and promotions. Good leadership and benefits.They take care of there troops.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Deployments
Na
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL OPERATOR- STAFF SERGEANT (Former Employee) –  Alabama, Germany, Iraq, Honduras, ColoradoJanuary 18, 2018
Up early in the morning to bed late at night. Physically rigorous at times, not conducive to a healthy family life In many cases absent for work for long periods of time, sometimes in potentially hostile environments that may result in death. Reasonable ability to achieve higher levels of responsibility and higher pay, Workplace culture is entirely dependent on your duty location, your job, your abilities, and who you luck into for management. I learned numerous clerical, tactical, management, and aviation related skills.
Pros
Healthcare/Dental, life insurance, consistent pay
Cons
long hours, absent from family, varied time off

Want to know more about U.S. Army?

Ask a question
Challenging
Human Intelligence Collection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 18, 2018
If you want to see the world, this is the way to do it. If you join the Army as a specific job, and you don't like it, at the end of your tour, and you plan on staying in, you can change your career path to a different job.
United States sergeant
Sergeant E-5 (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 18, 2018
I believe the Army is a good place to start off your career therefore you can try your field at many other opportunities. You will learn how to manage your time. How to travel in a moment notice
Bad time management, horrible advencement
CBRNE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 18, 2018
It was the best experience I never want to do again. First of all, the Army in a nutshell needs to focus on more practical approach to training to do what it was initiated for. and secondly, the leadership sucks at the highest level. At the lowest level, all depends on the leader.
Stepping stone for future civillian life
Senior Movements Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 18, 2018
The military should not be a first option or an only option for a career. It is a great tool for those that need education and insurance benefits. I highly encourage going to college and getting a degree and doing a job similar to one that you might like in the military as it will pay you twice the salary. The military is a great place to learn discipline and skills of how to work with diverse groups of people. I enjoyed my career, the ups and the downs, and the skills I have learned. With all careers, it is what you make of it. So, if your passionate about the military or any career, you will love it.
loved my job
Demo Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJanuary 18, 2018
loved my job but as always the deployments get to be a little to much. Ive been on 3 deployments in the past 7 years. With me being ADA, all deployments were 12 month tours. put a real strain on my family life.
Outsatnding
Patriot Launching Station Enhanced Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 18, 2018
The people you will meet in the military will change the way you think about life. You will meet people from different culture and different races. But over all everyone is equal in this organization. Brothers for life.
workplace when getting the Job done is number one.
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJanuary 18, 2018
A typical day in the U.S. Army 06:30-08:00 physical training.
9:30am work call until mission is completed, you will learn safety from management skills. Taking care of each other sharing the workplace, with different people from all around the world. The hardest part of the day is everyday, but it always even itself out because of the people.
very hands on & you get to meet alot of different people from different cultures.
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 18, 2018
physical training.
hygiene.
go to your work place to perform your daily duties.
my management was very good & concerned with their soldiers.
sometimes the job would be stressful but it was nothing that you couldn't get through with the help of your fellow co-workers. their support was amazing.
great career
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 18, 2018
if it was just up to me i would still be here great start to my life learned lot in my fields and many other fields the training was all i needed and still being applied to my everyday life
This was a interesting and fun place to work.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJanuary 18, 2018
This was a student training position. I learned a lot and enjoyed it very much. It was at a Army Recruiting Office and I still use a lot of what I learned then today!
Pros
Secretary Experience and working with the public.
Cons
Working with all Men!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4