U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,182 reviews matching the search
Challenging and rewarding workplace.
Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the military, but I am ready to move on to the transition out of the military. The army taught me disclipline, physical and mental toughness, how to be a leader, and how to adapt and overcome any situation that I am put into.
Benefits
Cons
Time away from family
An independent thinker, team player and a self-starter with strong interpersonal communication and creative problem solving aptitude
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCJuly 27, 2016
There is nothing like serving in the United States Military Services. The people you meet, the places you go and knowing that you are a part of something greater than yourself is priceless. While being in the military you learn very quickly Live not exist.
experience to have
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 27, 2016
Inspection on equipment, moving heavy equipment, paperwork, ordering parts, training, road testing the equipment that got fixed, equipment services, installing parts, troubleshooting faults
Army
Sergeant/Section Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AK, Fort Riley, KSJuly 26, 2016
Your Army experience will vary depending on your leadership. Overall the moral in the Army is low. This is due to nobody ever knowing what's going on and everything changing daily. Many people in the Army know that there job is very secure as long as they pass the PT test. Therefore many people do not want to do work unless motivated in a positive or negative way. There are many good soldiers but also the same amount of soldiers that are useless. The Army is a good job for someone who has little motivation. I have seen many people be successful even if they do little work or care about their job at all. The main reason I got out was because I was unhappy because I worked really hard and was frustrated to see that people that didn't care about their job be just as successful.
Pros
Benefits, 30 of leave
Cons
poor leadership
Army Life
25E- Electromagnetic Spectrum Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJuly 26, 2016
I enjoy being part of the 1% of Americans that serve this great nation and live the Army values. This is a job where you learn to manage and organize your time.
Interesting and Unique
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 26, 2016
Like any other job it has its ups and downs but the jobs all vary and experiences also vary depending on your job. As an infantryman theres a more physical focus and you deal with 14-16 hour days unless deployed then it can be up to two days straight.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security
Cons
Dangerous
Great place to show mechanical skills.
WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCJuly 26, 2016
normal work days start at 0600 and end around 1900. all different types of diesel and gasoline equipment. I learned a lot about diversity and cultural differences. great place to learn new and different mechanical skills and trades.
Pros
unlimited funds for equiptment
Cons
constant change of work hours.
Learning What Yor Made Of
Private First Class (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 26, 2016
The time I spent in training and meeting so many cultured people and personalities, will last a lifetime. I found out what I am made of and what I was not. I found my strengths to guide me through the tough times and always did my best. It was an experience I will never forget and I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve my country.
Life changing experience
Security Specialist /Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 26, 2016
You will work 10 hours a day daily and show up to formations thirty mins early for accountability . Physical training is in the morning and you are also is expected to do it on your free time .
great place to work
Mechanic, Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 26, 2016
The army is very structured, but you benefit from this in many ways. You will see many different types of leadership throughout your time in the military, and I suggest you learn from these people.
Summary
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work would be coming in signing in greeting everyone checking what happened while i was gone. Check the days agenda or plans. Have good working co-workers not someone that's gonna drag down your team. The hardest part of the job would be is being away from my ol lady, but in hand a good thing would be i can provide more for them and in return i will earn respect from my peers and family for doing what i would have to do.
Pros
new experiance, new people, new and better life
Cons
being gone for periods of time
Good
Transportation Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 26, 2016
Depends on your unit and MOS or your job on how your experience will be. I think I can say that overall, it was a great experience and I learned a lot about myself and working with others. PT was hard sometimes but so is life, just have to get through it and work your way up and take time to improve yourself. If you can do that, PT and everything else will become easier.
The hardest part of the job
Communications Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 26, 2016
Very demanding travel to various OCONUS location both hostile and friendly however great teamwork and motivation from all soldiers and leaders alike
Pros
Ample comp time during non-deployment rotations
Cons
Family / work offset
Working in the warehouse working
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCJuly 26, 2016
a typical day at work was signing for sensitive parts, processing parts and separating them in there assigned bins. Teaching other soldiers how to do their job, inventory and also sometimes delivering parts to other warehouses around the Ft. Bragg base.
Pros
benfits for soldier and his family
Cons
always away from family.
Gained an amazing amount of character
US Army (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 26, 2016
A typical day in the Army was long. We got up at 6 in the morning to exercise. Then at 9 we went to the chow hall for breakfast, worked until noon and ate the chow hall again, then worked until the end of the day at 5 pm. My superiors where very strict in making sure we maintained that schedule. It was a big test in discipline for me. Deploying to Iraq was even more of a test in that regard. The hardest part was being away from friends and family for such a long period of time but yet I had some of the most enjoyable times. I traveled to many different places in my service with the Army. I really learned a lot about myself.
Very good organization to work and grow.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 26, 2016
1005 of my time spent managing Financial Management Soldiers and their participation in military exercises and disbursing of DOD funds.
Army
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 26, 2016
The Army is a great organization to get a head start in life. The Army gives you the tools you need to prepare yourself for the future. It gives you the discipline needed to better yourself as a person.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
down sizing of the Army
Over bearing, bad leadership
Infantryman (11B) (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 26, 2016
The army isnt for everyone. You have toxic leadership it can ruin your life. You have so many rules to follow. I had toxic leadership at ft hood. They didnt respect injured personel either.
Nice place to work if you have a perm job if not enjoy your time there.
Heavy Mobile Equipment Body Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee) –  Hooks, TXJuly 26, 2016
Day of work was tedious and could be very busy but decent coworkers helped out a whole lot. Most enjoyable part of my job was knowing i was helping the soldiers.
Description
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 25, 2016
The Army will change you for the better, they promise you benefits and they do provide you benefits. You are exposed to many types of leadership which helps build you up to become the next great leader to accomplish great things for your job and The Army.
Pros
Builds Character, On the job training, Benefits, Leadership
Cons
Constant changing atmosphere

4.4