U.S. Army
21,991 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Maintenance Supervisor / Section leader
Senior Track Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAMay 20, 2015
Conducted morning excersizes. Work call accountability. Services and Maintenance on Companies vehicles. Attended meetings and conducted training / briefs. Learned time management, Power point presentations, logistical data inputs dealing with parts recieved and requested. Maintained time schedules and tasking for subodinates. Teached, Coached, and Mentored. Conducted MOS trainng and basic skills need for the profession. Management and placement of subordinates according to mission tasking. the hardest part of the job would be sleep deprivation during missions. most enjoyable is training and mentoring subordinates and peers.
Greatest experience to have as a young man or women.
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NyMay 20, 2015
Pros: Security
Cons: Being away from family
Although being a soldier was challenging and hard, the experience is invaluable. I learned how to be disciplined and resilient. It was always great to meet new associates and become part of the team. The hardest part my job was the constant change and being away from family.
U.S. Army
E-4 (Specialist) (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 20, 2015
Fort Hood, TX is where I was stationed during my time in the military. I have learned how to read a map and navigate with a compass and a protractor, how to become a leader, and how to properly prepare for future training exercises.
Proud to have serve my country
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Korea, Germany, Ft Carson, ColoradoMay 20, 2015
From sunrise to sundown I would work on EHR for 30,000 soldiers. Kept their medical records in order and ready for deployment.
Retired Infantry Sniper
Team Leader (Infantry Sergeant) (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 20, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
During my time in the military, I learned leadership, values and what it takes to be a quality human being. as well as the rewards of hard work and determination.
Loved being in the miliatary
E-4 Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 20, 2015
Wake up at 545 in the morning, do physical training to 7. Have breakfast at 8 in the morning, then go right to meetings. We would go through daily training days what we are going to do or what we are not going to do.
Fun work place
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMay 20, 2015
It often depends on what job you have, what rank you are and where you are. We did PT every morning. Great work environment.
United States Army Daily
Small Arms/Artillery Repairer (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Dental, 401K
Cons: Zero Family Time, Deployents, Field Problems
for five years i was a Small Arms Artillery Repairer. The army was a great place at first i was setting high goals for my self, i was able to achive promiotions three times in 2 years. Im a single parent of two little girls so it came down to the army or my children. The armys a great place but not as family friendly as its put out to be. On a daily bases i worked 5am to 7pm so working long hours is not difficult for me. I enjoyed my interaction with other people daily. My main job was keeping weapons functional and paperwork in a row. I am very good at my job and administration work if needed. I can do anything and learn quickly. Some of my co-Workers were coming straight out of high school so to mentor them was great.
productive days and always experiencing new things
Horizontal Construction Engineer (Former Employee), fort lewis,WAMay 20, 2015
Long hard days. Can be very stressful and hard on family life. Plenty of room for advancement if your willing to put in the work .
Protect and Serve
Military Police Squad Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: A life time of memory
Cons: A life time of memory
Trained to transport by air and assault by parachute as a Paratrooper, Maintained and accounted for 1.5 million worth of United States Government Military equipment, Conducted several combat equipment jumps during training for air field seizure operations, Emphasized safety to subordinates and peers resulting in 5,000 accident free miles logged.
I would do it AGAIN!
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CoMay 20, 2015
I loved serving my country! I learned how to pay attention to detail, how to be in a chaotic situation and still prevail. The most enjoyable part about the job was the security that it provided.
Travel was good
Infantryman (Former Employee), USAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Retirement and benifits
Cons: Beats the body up
Work day was productive

I learned and became a man at the place

Management always needs emprovement no matter where you work

hardest part was being away from family

Nothing ever goes the same with this job
School course opportunity given to highshool students
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMay 20, 2015
Many offers given. learned the terminology for culinary students. how to run a kitchen properly, taking orders, deliveries. taking calls, experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Power point.
Productive place to work
Sergeant (Former Employee), fort bliss EL PASO TXMay 20, 2015
this company has giving me the skills that i need to get a better life and a new career started for me and my family. the skill set that i had gained working with this company has pepared me for the life that i am trying to achieve and thanks.
Always a Good Day to Be A Soldier
Inventory and Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Waiting long hours, staying in the field
The military is a guarantee job that's also fun with great benefits. Being in the Army was enjoyable because it allowed me to keep busy even when there was nothing to do. Everyone had the chance to work together with different projects. PT (Physical Training) was also a plus because it helped keep me in shape and active.
Professional coworkers with great motivation
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lancaster, OhioMay 19, 2015
Pros: Top quality co-workers and daily challenges
Cons: hours cutback due to government budget decrease
I begin each day reviewing what tasks are required for completion via e-mails and voice mail and then prioritize. I normally focus forward so tasks are completed before they are due leaving room for unexpected request completion as well. In my twelve years working with the US Army Command leadership teams I have learned to adjust quickly to the demands of each leader and know what is required of them and complete administrative tasks for them so they can focus more intently on their mission. Working as a team member gains great rewards for our company and I am very proud to be able to assist the military members who enlist our American Soldiers.
Productive and positive work environment.
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Richardson, AKMay 19, 2015
Would conduct physical fitness of all soldiers subordinate. Responsible for daily responsibilities. Supervise the weekly plans such as training, time management, and orchestration of events. The hardest part is trying to conduct airborne operations, because it takes everyone to conduct them. The most enjoyable part of military is being part of a team.
Serving in the United States Army
Operational Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaMay 19, 2015
Pros: Travel and working with people that wanted to get the mission done
Cons: Long work days and many months deployed away from family
Serving in the U.S. Army was one of the greatest pleasures I've had in my lifetime. After serving over 32 years doing missions and working with people that wanted to be there made all the difference in the world. There is not a day that goes by that I regret and would do it all over again.
learned new trade
Personnel Administration Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAMay 19, 2015
personnel administration assistant. In processed soldiers coming into the unit, handled payroll, promotions, demotions and personal leave requests.
Its the Army
Horizontal Engineer (Former Employee), MissouriMay 19, 2015
Pros: GI bill, benefits, pride
Cons: deployments?
Loved the military just wasn't able to medically stay enlisted.
Basic training was an amazing learning experience, met a lot of people, made friends, hated drill sergeants.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries