U.S. Army
15,631 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

The U.S. Army will train you in a specific field of your choice
Logistical Supply Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TX and AfhanistanJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great training opportunities, ojt
Cons: often spend time in hazardous environments around the world
Meet new interesting people from around the world, train with them, and apply your skills in combat training and combat environments around the world. Possibilities of seeing great places and cultures around the world.
Productive workplace
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lee, VAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: job stabilitly
Cons: lack of advancement programs
I learned management and training techniques. Co-worker communication was a priority.
HR rep for the US Army
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), IowaJuly 31, 2014
Served as the sole HR Rep for a US Army reserve center. Working full time for the Army based at a Reserve Center was a great experience.
Outstanding Career
Senior Aviation Operations Specialist (Current Employee), WV Armry National Guard - AGRJuly 31, 2014
Pros: sturcture and every changing challenges
Cons: had to retire
I have spent over 23 years on Active Duty. I have grown and lerned to deal with personnel in a diverse and fast pace enviroment. colaberated on projects with Generals to the lowest enlisted ranks. I enjoyed my time service our country with pride and look forward to take my skills to the business world.
home away
Force Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 31, 2014
I was mobilized a lot with the Army and missed a lot of my family.
Workplace
Infantryman (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no outside life, very long hours
A typical day as an Infantryman consists of training and preparing to deploy. While deployed we provide security and execute missions. I've learned many things such as: weapons handling, advanced first aid, and military tactics. Management is different all throughout the Army but I didn't have great management. My co-workers were great though. They – more... were easy to work with and open to new ideas. The hardest part of the job was being away from family during deployment. The most enjoyable part was the learning experience. We had classes every day on something and went to the range to practice our weapon handling. – less
Great Agency To Be A Part Of
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Denton, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benefits. great team army give 2nd chances unlike other branches
Cons: deploy at anytime life on the line
Its only hard at the beginning. No whats available and what benefits you could use before entering, Recruiters lie.
Honored to serve in the Military
Material Manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 30, 2014
I am honored to serve in the United States military. It has provided financial security to me and my family. I have picked up many skills that I am excited to share in other employment areas.
US Army
Officer, Field Artillery (Former Employee), GermanyJuly 30, 2014
Pros: work hard and play hard
I loved every minute I spent in the US Army. Great soldiers. Great leaders. A mission that matters greatly.
Infantry
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee), fort drum nyJuly 30, 2014
Learned critical life saving and security skills. spent time overseas and began expanding my cultural views through hands on work with locals
Trusted Co-workerrs
Work Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Fayetteville, North CarolinaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: optempo
I learned various skills throughout my experience in the military. I understand what is needed to complete tasks in a timely manner with positive results.
I rarely ever had two days that were the same so it is difficult to explain what a typical day may have looked like.
I have managed everything from personnel and equipment to funds and logistics.
Challenging
19D Cavalry Scout (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 30, 2014
Stressful, but great benefits and great chances to advance up.
VETERAN/PRIDE
POWER GENERATOR EQUIPMENT REPAIRER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), United States/Europe/Southwest AsiaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran. I obtained supervisory skills and could not have asked for a better group of soldiers.
More than a place to work; it's where lives are shaped!
Chief Ammunition Warrant Officer (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: challenging and rewarding
Cons: demanding and unforgiving
There is no typical work day, one day you are at a desk and the next there is training and life learning experiences being gained. On this job you learn how no job/position is more important than the next. Case in point as a manager; there is no such position without personnel and resources to manage. In this lob you are guaranteed to become a better – more... person, through the people who surround you. This job is like non other that you'll ever have, it's challenging, demanding; however the rewards far out weigh the sacrifices! – less
Enjoy the job of satellite communications. Interesting, in demand, great future
SATELLITE SYSTEMS OPERATOR/MAINTAINER (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 30, 2014
Pros: its the army
Cons: lack of team trust.
The work is great, when we have missions they run smoothly. I can't wait to do this in the civilian sector.
Great Atmosphere for Professional Growth
Logistics Officer (Current Employee), Wiesbaden, HEJuly 30, 2014
From my first day in the Army, I have had ample opportunities to grow professionally and personally. As someone with limited leadership skills coming out of college, I was able to learn proven leadership techniques and apply them on a daily basis. Communication skills are at a premium in the military and I was able to develop myself as a public speaker – more... by giving briefings and training and writer by publishing intelligence articles over the course of 7 years. – less
strict and physical
Infantryman (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 29, 2014
Busy, learned to be team oriented and self disciplined. Hardest part of the job was waking up early. I liked training and being fit he most.
Great Experience
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee), Ft Lewis, Wa; Rose Barracks, GE; Ft Campbell, KYJuly 29, 2014
Meet new people, explore the world and gain knowledge and experience that you never dreamed of.
Productive, challenging, disciplined
Ammuntion Handler (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKJuly 29, 2014
The Army is a great opportunity for anyone, serving the country was a great privilege. Day to day routine was all about time management, attention to detail. I have learned incredible life lessons through the army that I wish to bring to the next chapter of my life.
Good benefits
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 29, 2014
The benefits are great and it is a stable career. Pick your MOS wisely as it will hinder or improve your chances of advancement. If you do not plan to retire make sure you pick an MOS that directly translates to a civilian job.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more