U.S. Army
20,188 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Corrections Specialist for US Army
Corrections Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSFebruary 27, 2015
If you dont like working through the night or on holidays this feild is not for you. Working a state or local prison is a better all around.
Character Builder
Senior Logistics Manager/Supply Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: life builder
Cons: limited time
Great team and character builder, I would recommend to any one that is looking to enhance or broaden their perspective of life. You have the chance to work with a diversified group of individuals.
Wonderful life experience.
Airborne Cavalry Scout (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: the honor of being an airborne cavalry scout.
Cons: time away from family.
I had the honor of serving in the finest military in the world with people from all kinds of personalities and backgrounds. I am proud of my time in the U.S. Army and I will always remember it fondly. It shaped who I am today and taught me discipline, hard work and how to apply these traits to success in employment and life in general.
Military life in the Army
Collaborate Training Manager (Current Employee), CAINFebruary 26, 2015
By now most employers should have a good idea what servicemembers have gone through. Everyone is different and yet we are pretty much the same.
Challenging and fast pace
COMPANY OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: travel
• Served as organization senior assistant supervisor;
• provided preventive and consumer education to 300 personnel and their family members
• Coordinated support with local agencies to ensure personnel's families were taken care of during difficult times
• Supervised the maintenance and control of equipment worth over $5 million
• Managed the execution of company sustained operations
Demanding yet rewarding job
UAS Standardization Instructor Operator (Current Employee), Annville, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free/cheap healthcare, travel
Cons: long days
I have learned so much about myself, coworkers and other cultures in my 7 years in the military. I have done things I did not know I was capable of doing. I've been places I never thought I'd go! The only regret was I didn't do it sooner. Theres nothing I can say about a typical day. Everyday is a different day. That's why it's so great. I have been trained to adjust to any situation. There is so much structure and yet so much that needs structured. I have worked in the absence of leadership with the expectations of success. I will always be able to adapt to my in order to succeed!
US Army
Construction Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee), Various locations including overseasFebruary 26, 2015
I spent 20 years in the army between active duty and reserves. I learned the skills I needed to be a human being and the skills I needed to become productive in whatever I chose to do.
Unforgettable experience
Soldier (Former Employee), TXFebruary 26, 2015
Although i was injured i gained alot. I learned to work as a team and have faith in yourself and others. Hardest part was getting up in the morning and tackling everything.
Very educational experience
Battalion Electronic Warfare Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: open communication
Cons: deployments and time spent away from my family
I would not trade my time in the Army for anything. The diverse areas of business I was exposed to has changed the way I perceive mission accomplishment.
Review
Combat Engineer Team Leader (Former Employee), Knoxville TnFebruary 26, 2015
Looked for IEDS, managed a team of 4 men. The most enjoyable part of the job was the travel. Overall good experience. The hardest part of the job was it was never structured.
Very professional
BRIGADE FORCE PROTECTION OFFICER (Former Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Serve as Force Protection Officer and manage the command's force protection and security programs. Provide executive level oversight, short and long-range planning for future missions and the real-time execution of current missions.
* Manage intelligence operations and assigned projects, monitor progress and evaluate performance. Develop strategies to leverage allied nation intelligence capabilities and coordinate the incorporation of their intelligence support into plans.
* Took the initiative and single handedly planned, coordinated and executed the force protection plan for Joint-Logistics-Over-the Shore operations, 2014.
* Reestablished the brigade's emergency management program in an effort to better prepare the brigade for an emergency. Passionately prepared subordinate units for the XVIII Corps Operational Readiness Assessment and as a result, visited every arms room numerous times until they met the standard
The military is good
Administrative Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2015
If you work hard and perform, you will get promoted rather quickly. It's not for everybody. Must be willing to compromise and take orders. It's all about the hierarchy.
Army
Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Bliss TxFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day comprised of waking up for pt than going to formation and working in the motorpool. Also have done numerous number of classes dealing from EEO to SHARP
Not the average job
Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 26, 2015
High paced environment involving combat readiness training, overrall soldier well being. about 12 hour work days that includes physical training.
Secure
Electronic Repair Technician (Current Employee), Fort BraggFebruary 26, 2015
Secure, decent pay and incentives. A lot of time away from friends and family. It is not the life for everyone. It requires true dedication and commitment.
FSG Analyst - Produced EO (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GaFebruary 26, 2015
A great place to gain training in any field. Great benefits while continuing to gain experience in a profession. But the job is highly demanding and requires a dedication to a mission that some people are not prepared for.
Dream Job
Infantryman (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYFebruary 26, 2015
I've always wanted to be in the army, so I went ahead and enlisted as soon as I turned 18. Due to an injury that occurred, I am now being separated from the service.
Its the Army
Counterintelligence (Former Employee), Various locationsFebruary 26, 2015
Looking to boost your future and career options? Sign up for a specialty to launch a future career. Take advantage of school.
Very rewarding career
Observer Controller/Mobilization Assistor (Current Employee), New JerseyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits package
Cons: long times away from your family
In my 20 years in the United States Army I have assisted in re building Nations. I have fought America’s Wars and I have trained America’s Youth. This is the most rewarding fulfilling life a person can imagine.
It was an eye opening experience. I learned certain values that i will carry with me for the rest of my life.
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZFebruary 26, 2015
My typical day at work began at 4am and ended at 5pm. Daily activities included physical fitness and afterwards i went to my daily classes. My superiors were very professional and knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job would have to be making sure everybody was actively engaged. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with different people coming from all walks of life.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more