U.S. Army

24.2K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Training Newly Enlisted Soldiers
PFC (Former Employee), Nettleton, MSAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Serving something bigger than ourselves, support of peers, working as a team, as well as learning new skills
My job currently is to help the civilians that have offered to protect, defend, and serve our country are prepared to endure their next steps in becoming a United States Soldier as well as trying to get others to join.
Typical day in the US Army
Force Protection NCO (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYAugust 27, 2015
Great place to work, learned a lot about team work and management. Served in many different roles/ positions in the US Army for 13+ years.
good job to have.
US Army Soldier (Former Employee), germany, georgiaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours of training.
i was in supply, i took inventory of weapons, and several military issued clothing. i am a gulf war veteran. i served in iraq kuwait and saudi arabia.my superiors taught me a lot in my military career, and that experience helped me in civilian life.
In order to grow, one must place themselves in challenging situations where they are forced to grow.
Seargeant (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 27, 2015
The more experiences a person has the more opportunity there is for a person to learn themselves. The Army is full of them. My favorite thing about the Army is that it is a congregation of all walks of life where one learns everyone has something in common. Due to the uniformity and close proximity of others at all times people take the time to look past physical differences and stereotypes. Whereas, it is highly improbable that a gothic dresser decked out in all black and leather and a preppy sports player would ever get to know each other outside of the United States Army organization.
Leadership
Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYAugust 27, 2015
Poor organizational structure. However, I love my job, working with the attorney and dealing with very important issues within the profession.
Cooked and maintained a suitable dining facilty for over 4300 soilders.
E 4 specialist (Former Employee), fort campbell, kyAugust 27, 2015
Get up at 4:45 in the morning started prep cooking for the soliders to come in and eat breakfast at 6:00 a.m. After feeding the soliders we had to start our daily cleaning of the kitchen until 9:00 a.m. Then we prepared lunch for over 4300 soilders. I managed and maintained a group of 40 cooks. Also made sure that all soilders were in there white uniforms and everything was clean.
work a lot of hours for very low pay, but traveled the world at almost no cost to me and my family
Desk Sergeant (Former Employee), garmisch, germanyAugust 27, 2015
Pros: paid leave and free medical
Cons: long days, low pay
it can be fun if you in to living pay check to pay check. and if you like moving every few years to possibly a new country or if your lucky a state.
Strong manager and team leader
Senior Observer/Controller/ Trainer (Current Employee), Fort McCoy WIAugust 27, 2015
I am a proven dynamic leader who understands how to recognize and deal with complex issues. Handle problems and challenges with appropriate professional responses, and act confidently with efficiency in situations that are challenging, stressful, or dangerous. Demonstrates empathy, courtesy, a customer service orientation, and an ability to interact effectively with supervisors, co-workers, and others in daily work situations. Maintains a high standard of ethical conduct and is dependable in meeting commitments and works hard to complete assigned tasks.
A great career
Military Police (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Long hours
The United States Army has been a great career for me, decent pay and great benifits. Although not always a walk in the park the Army has given me many skills to draw upon in future employment. Training is mentally and physically challenging, but the rewards are exponential. As my career progressed I was given many opportunities to excell in various job fields related to Policing. I was placed in numerous leadership positons and managed as many as 40 Soldiers in combat and garrison environments. I have served in a Law Enforcment capacity on 2 large installations with a daily population of over 150,000 Soldiers, family members and civilians, conducting routine traffic enforcement, minor criminal offenses and major offenses. The Army has trained me to deal with different types of people from all walks of life, as well as a plethora of fluid situations.
Great life experience
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), USAAugust 27, 2015
Nothing greater than serving your country. Sets you up with the tools and experience to make anything of your life. discipline at its finest
Productive and Busy
Information Technology Specialist/Helpdesk Admin. (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GeorgiaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Gained a lot of good information and learned great customer service
Cons: Sometimes there was a lot of work to do at once.
A typical day at work was busy yet fun. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and fellow soldiers. I learned a lot pertaining to my job. I learned how to deal with different types of people. I also learned great customer service. Managing my time wisely was an important task for me. I was at work on time to accomplish all goals for the day. I'd say the hardest part of my job was trying to learn everything all at once but once I learned everything, work was a breeze, The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my co-workers and the customers. My co-workers were very helpful and understanding, especially when I was the new person.
U.S. Army
Infantryman (Current Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Long work hours
Great experience to be a part of, meet good people and learned a lot about discipline and work management. People really want to help you when you need it. Some days can be easy then others can be hard, but I enjoyed most of my time in the military.
Health Care Specialist/Combat Medic
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Commradary
Cons: Time with family can be scarce. Limited choice in location.
A typical day (non-deployed) started at 4:30 AM when our aid station would take patients with acute illnesses or injuries for the day. This would take up the next hour until physical fitness started at 5:30 AM. We would work out in various ways until 8:00 AM. From then we had personal time to get ready for the day and get breakfast. The actual "work day" technically starts at 9 AM. At which point we did anything from clinical or field training to shooting ranges or providing healthcare coverage for shooting ranges. We also administered most vaccinations for the 300+ soldiers. The main focus everyday was to maintain the overall mental and physical health of the soldiers around us. We also ran a full aid station which meant constant inventory control and checks.
Army Review
Signals Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), JBLM, WAAugust 26, 2015
There was not a regimented schedule. Every day there was something new to do. I enjoyed the food, housing, and insurance incorporated into the job.
Deployments
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Life experience no other job can offer
Cons: Separation from family
Having served three deployments since September 11, 2001, maintaining a connection with family was difficult. What I found most enjoyable was the camaraderie and team building. As a leader, I learned how to build an effective, cohesive unit from an extremely diverse group of individuals.
Working for the United States Army
Training Room Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Long lunches, healthcare, life insurance.
Cons: Inner-company politics, tight work space, not always enough equipment.
Generally good people to work with. Command showed that they cared about everyone that came into the company by taking interest in their welfare and that their needs were met. As the number of personnel grew in number, work space seemed to get minimized, but that is to be expected. Each day held a monotonous tone, but there were enough new things/personnel to process that it did not lack variety.
Life changing experience which made me who I am today
Convoy Security Turret Gunner (Former Employee), GlobalAugust 26, 2015
Life changing experience that very few get to be a part of and I was able to have this opportunity. Everyday brought on new challenges ranging from physical fitness to weapons qualifications to personal growth. Along the way I learned how to lead and follow which provided me with the skills that I have today. I met many stellar individuals who became very close friends. The most difficult part of my job was being deployed which meant 12 to 15 months away from home and family. During this time I was solely focused on the mission at hand and completing the objectives. At the end of the day, the most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that I was part of the 1% of the Americans that served our country while being part of the brotherhood that very few understand.
Productive workplace with room for promotion
Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Supervisor (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Benifits and advancement
Cons: You will spend long periods of time away from family
Great steping stone for your future and a positive work place. Highly motivated employees who strive to make you a better leader.
Excellent Career
Sergeant First Class (Former Employee), United statesAugust 26, 2015
The United States Army was a excellent career until I retired I learned a lot about Maintenance Management and several other valuable skills.
Military
Health Specialist (68W) (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Team Building
Cons: Deployment
Core values and standards. Team building, ethical standards and training of transferable skills. Moral building, team spirit and ability to follow instructions.
Headquarters