U.S. Army
16,578 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Wonderful
1st Lieutenant - Chemical Warfare Officer (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: extra money
Cons: required to spend time away from home frequently.
The Army has helped me immensely in my life. I have learned many new things and have numerous certifications due to being in the military.
Productive and fast driven
Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee), El Paso, TX 79916September 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits and room to promotions
Cons: late nights occasionally
A typical day of work consisted of maintaining howitzer and vehicle equipment. My colleagues were always motivated and hard workers which always made the days work far more easier and productive. The hardest part about having this job is dealing with incoherent assignments delivered to us on such short notice.
Great organization to learn about yourself
First-Line Supervisor (Current Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChord, WASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: health care, pay
Cons: time away from family
A typical day involved physical training, receive the task for the day, accomplish the task, report to supervisor. I learned the mind is stronger than the body and once you acquire the ability to make the mind push the body farther than it wants to go you can accomplish anything. My co-workers are the best at what they do. The hardest part about my – more... job is being away from my family. The most enjoyable part of my job is gaining the personal satisfaction of being a part of the most elite unit that this great country has to offer. – less
Would like to work for a great company
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), In Honoulul HiSeptember 17, 2014
Work hard but have fun doing the job

Will to learn new jobs

I'm a great leader

Will help out when need to

the end of the day

Working with good people
Great job experience
Apache Repairman (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: went places i never thought i would have dreamed of going
Cons: never had a chance to call a place home.
A typical day as a Repairman. Every 30,60,180 days, and yearly we had to do preventative maintenance. This included from breaking a helicopter down to the frame and rebuilding and replacing items to making sure that all blades were not cracked or coming apart daily and window washing.
The things I learned about management was being and keeping a strict – more... schedule. Also how to work around different situations that can accrue.
My co-workers were really helpful as teaching me the difference between a crew chief and a repairman. Also how to become a leader
The hardest part of my job was doing work in hard to reach places.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a helicopter fly after we did any work on it. Knowing that we keep the helicopters in the air.. – less
fun, productive, learning experience, travel
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: hour and a half lunch
Cons: 4 hours of sleep a night, 30 minutes to go get lunch
shooting, cleaning weapons, landscaping, dealing with being away from home, family, and friends for long periods of time, deployment
dependable, and professional
Communications Section Leader (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TexasSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Supervised, installed, maintained, and troubleshoot communication equipment.
Fast paced work place
Talent Acquisition Manager (Temporary Duty) (Current Employee), Oswego, NYSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: 30 days paid vacation, free health care, federal holidays off
Cons: always relocating
The Army has taught me a lot about leadership, selfless service, respect, and mentorship. It has given me a great foundation to success in life.
Very exciting workplace turned family
Systems Communication Support Specialist (Former Employee), Macon, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: pay, training, traveling, meeting new people, insurance, uniforms
Cons: the war...lol
5am physical training, 6am back home getting clean and breakfast, 8am in the commo shop working on all the communications equipment that needed troubleshooting, maintaining the software on all the desktop and laptops in my Battalion and sometimes, even Birgade. Setting up antennas and training toops on the new radios, handheld and mounted. Making sure – more... that the encryption keys were locked on them and stayed safe and in working order – less
Extremely educating
Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKSeptember 17, 2014
Morning physical training exercises. Maintenance to all vehicles and howitzers. Military classes and briefings/
Productive and challenging work place
Recruiter Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: working with a lot of people
I love meeting new people and helping them giving them the opportunity to better their life's.
Army is what you make of it
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 17, 2014
Be a Soldier, Conduct human resources. Learned how to live with adversity. Supervisors are has any job some horrible some great. Doing it every day of the week and deploying to Kuwait being gone for a whole year in 2009. Benefits of the Army is problay the most fulfilling.
Excellent Opportunity for Growth
UHF/VHF Communications Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great
Constant challenges everyday. Opportunity to meet and work with different cultures throughout the world. The opportunity to develop keen technical skills necessary to further my career.
organized and demanding career
Legal Office Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: service to country, community, and fellow soldiers
Cons: long periods of deployment to foreign countries
The US Army taught me about leadership and discipline in all situations. From the mundane tasks to the detailed assignments effective leadership and tenacity are always a benefit. It also instilled in me a management skill set that equally weighs the assignment to be completed, the personnel requirements and hard deadlines. The hardest part of the job – more... was the deployments that separated me from my family and the most enjoyable part was the service to this wonderful country. – less
Challenging and Rewarding
Chemical Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Aberdeen Proving Grounds, marylandSeptember 17, 2014
A great opportunity for those who want to challenge themselves while making a salary and earning money for college
88M United States Army
Sr Vehicle Commander and Weapons Expert (Sergeant) (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: pay, health care, and housing allowance.
Cons: deployments
While working as a 88M is the United States Army I was able to gain valuable work experience. A typical day consisted of many different things. In the Army your day starts off with formation and PT (physical training). After this is complete I would return to formation to start the work day. In the Army you do not work a typical 9-5 work day. Many times – more... I would arrive for PT at 7:00 a.m. and not get home until &:00 p.m. I was responsible for transporting soldiers and items to and from certain areas. A few of the things I learned while being in the Army was leadership skills, time management, and how to deal with adversity. I also had to learn how to adapt to different situations. The hardest part of the job would be the lifestyle and time spent away from my family. During my time in the Army I deployed twice, both deployments lasted over a year. This is a difficult time on you and your family. The best part of my job in the Army was the pay, education benefits, and health care. – less
Infantry Basic Training
Time spent as platoon guide and platoon Sargent (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 16, 2014
My daily day at this job was wake up to train. I learned how to work as a team and Crucial management skills, the hardest of this job to me was being so far away from all my family for so long. The best part of the job to me was a guaranteed pay check.
Workplace Ins And Outs
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, advancement
Cons: staying after appropriated time.
When your military, you have benefits galore, free uniforms, team building, leadership opportunities, and Good pay. But mess up and pay the price.
Great opertunities
Diesel Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Great advancement opportunities. Fast pace work with lots of training. Great job if you want to see the world.
Best of times and worst of times.
Health Care Specialist 68W (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2014
I felt I was well trained and that I could quickly and easily perform any task set before me. Through all the arduous bureaucracy and the most difficult times I really enjoyed the comradery. At times it was the lack of teamwork that made the job hardest, but there was always a way. Good experience.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more