U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,277 reviews matching the search
a great work place
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 22, 2017
learned how to work with others. how to be a great leader. The typical day at work consist of checking the U.A.V. for any mistakes. the part that was most fun about the job was getting to meet new people and learn about other cultures.
Army
Mechanic/ prison guard (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I had served 3.5 years active duty and was deployed 1 of those years also stationed in korea for a year. The military had taught me alot about myself and other when under stressful situations
Pros
travel
Cons
down time
i lved it
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GA 31315February 22, 2017
I loved it should of stayed in longer, if I could go back in I would in a second. it was great it was great you meet new people all the time from all over the world and the benefits are good for you and your family
Pros
guareented pay
Cons
away from family
Good Structure
Equal Opportunity (EO) Advisor/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Huachuca, AZFebruary 22, 2017
Military has a good structure for individuals to plan out career goals and achieve them. It teaches critical thinking, teamwork and attainment of goals globally.
Great place to start a career.
Information Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDFebruary 22, 2017
A great place to begin (or spend) a career. Benefits are great, and although OPTEMPO is very high and personal freedom is sometimes sacrificed for the needs of the organization, overall job satisfaction is very high.
Pros
Travel, lots of vacation, training and education
Cons
deployments, bureaucracy
Productive work environment and culture
Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Richardson, AKFebruary 22, 2017
Room for growth and development. I learned discipline, loyalty, and duty. The hardest thing of the job is the sacrifices you make for your country.
Excelent oppurtuniy for motivated individuals
Nuclear Disablement Team Liaison (Current Employee) –  Kirtland AFB, NMFebruary 22, 2017
Been serving for almost 23 years and have enjoyed my time in the Army. Have deployed 4 times to two theaters of operation.
The most demanding but beneficial career I have ever had
All-source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJFebruary 22, 2017
I have spent 20 years in the military traveling to places I never thought I would go to and meet a lot of great people. A typical work day always started around 630 am for physical training and ended around 5 pm and everyday you could expect new challenges. I have learned a lot about being an all source analyst but also how to be a leader and a follower depending on the situation. The workplace and the things I went through meant you could count on your coworkers because they were going through the same things. The hardest part of the job was always dealing with people who were in charge who did not know what they were doing especially when I have 20 years of experience and they barely have 1. The most enjoyable was all the traveling I got to do while I was in.
Pros
Free Medical and housing
Cons
being away from your family for extended periods of time.
Loved it and miss it
14J Artillery and Missile Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX 76544February 22, 2017
I really miss the service. the comraderie was second to none. Going to different places around the world was a lot of fun too except for the combat zones
best blace i have ever worked.
Diesel Vehicle Senior Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 22, 2017
I loved being in the military. The work place, what I have learned and the brothers and sisters you make. You get to experience things some people never get to in their whole life.
Cons
lots of relocating and being away from family.
Army
Office Clerk/Animal Adopter at Shelter (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYFebruary 22, 2017
You work hard and defend your country. You do what your are told when you are told to do so. You work out together every day with your company that you are assign too.
Outstanding
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 22, 2017
There is nothing like the bother hood you find in the Military. I have made some friendships that will last forever. Getting to see new places and meet different types of people from all over and to learn their culture was a great experience.
It's the US Army, What Can I Say?
Signals Intelligence Analyst (35N) (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day in the Army is full of exciting learning experience, that mold each individual into the disciplined soldiers that makes the US military famous. The hardest part of the job is turning it off at the end of the night.
great opportunity
Healthcare Technician (Former Employee) –  ft poFebruary 22, 2017
Great employment opportunities this company represents the positive aspects of what this country was built on. there are sometimes counter productive management decisions that are reflective of poor implementations of policies and procedures.
Good place to start
Officer Candidate (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAFebruary 22, 2017
The Army is a great place to start your professional life at. It will give you a solid base in which to build your life on. It will also help you with any other future endeavors you may have.
Loved My time here. Still consider coming back
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Carson, COFebruary 22, 2017
All job dependent of course.

If you work hard you make it far.

The army takes great care of families and the benefits far outweigh the pay initially but the pay becomes quite desirable if you get promoted.
A workplace that allows me to help Veterans with several life areas
Army Social Work Fellow (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day at work has varied for me during my time with the VA as an Army Social Work Fellow. I have held many roles during my time training as a Fellow. The main roles I have held have allowed me to conduct assessments, deliver therapy and evidence based techniques, do home-visits and coordinate discharge plans for a variety of populations.

I learned how to deliver these services in an effective manner that will allow me to be a successful clinician and Social work Manager in the future.

Management in my agency has been very helpful, providing me with over 100 hours of clinical supervision and making themselves available for growth-promoting discussion outside of these scheduled meetings.

The culture is such that we aid in the mission of serving those who have borne the battle so that they may find healing and recovery through engagement with our agency.

The hardest part of the Job is the inconsistency in the work load and trying to occupy my time during times when work is less busy. This allows me to challenge myself to reach out of my comfort zone and ask for other opportunities to make a positive impact on the agency.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the lives of Veterans improve that I have worked with.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible schedule, supportive management
Cons
Bureacracy
It is a rewarding challenge
15P Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  VariousFebruary 22, 2017
The Army has been part of me for half my life. It has been hard at times, but I learned to adapt and overcome difficult circumstances and came out a better person for it I only regret that I can serve forever.
Pros
health benfits, travel, diversity, learning new skills almost daily, fun times
Cons
deployments away from family, missing out on childrens major milestomes such as first steps, first loose tooth etc.
Structured enviorment with clear rules
Senior Financial Management (Current Employee) –  Newark, DE 19711February 22, 2017
I wake up and go to the gym and workout. I prepare for work and mentally set goals for the day. Have a brief meeting with my supervisor to make sure we are on the same page for todays goal. I work as required and some days go to lunch but if not take a work break in place and continue until complete. The hardest part of my day is ending my day in the office. I love learning and problem solving so it is hard to stop and prepare for the end of the day. I am a positive person who does not like to do a lot of talking I prefer to get to work and finish so I can move on to the next task. I have always had a warm work environment that honors every culture.
Pros
clear concise rules of what is expected
Cons
workout requirements
Highly Structured
Senior Training Developer/Writer (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day starts out with a mid level management meeting and than accountability of all personal followed by physical training and personal hygiene and than breakfast. You go to work and at the end of the day we have another meeting of management recapping the days events and what is scheduled for tomorrow. You meet so many different people from all over America and some foreign countries that you also learn a lot about yourself and other cultures. You go to various schools for management ,but it is mostly on the job training and you have plenty of mentorship from senior level managers. The work place is usually a controlled environment everyone understand there job and position. The hardest part of the job is leaving after you have made improvements and positive changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with highly trained professional men and women.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
You acutally pay for Healthcare and you pay for your family dental plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4