U.S. Army
18,656 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Drill Sgt
Automated Logistic Instructor and Writer (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VADecember 22, 2014
Serves as the Supply Support Activity (SSA) NCOIC responsible for maintaining 500 lines of Authorized Stockage List (ASL) valued in excess of $400,000 provides logistical support to 68 customers throughout the group; responsible for the health, welfare, training, and employment of seven Soldiers and four civilians. Provides technical guidance to lower – more... graded personnel. Ensures that inventories and location surveys are performed in accordance with established procedures. Instructs warehouse personnel in loading, unloading, segregation, dunnage , palletizing, and selection of stock and storage areas. Performs property disposal storage functions. Ensures application of special procedures for handling, storing, packaging and shipping retrograde material. Retrieves and analyzes history and activity files pertinent to system rejected documents. Assigns duties, instructs and supervises subordinate Stock Control personnel by providing guidance in proper work techniques and procedures. – less
Amazing experience
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee), Ft. Benning, GADecember 22, 2014
Pros: learning new skills and applying them
Cons: little personal life
I am very happy I made the decision to join our nations military. I learned a lot about life and the military gave me great tools to better myself. I do not have anything negative to say about my service. My leaders and co-workers are some of the best people I have ever encountered. Job security was the best thing about serving.
US Army
E4- Specialist, Equipment Operator (Former Employee), USDecember 22, 2014
Hard work and determination is what this employer will encourage anyone worthy enough to join. Great people and NCO's.
A challenging atmosphere.
Marksmanship Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: health care, benefits
Cons: u.s.army
Trained up to 200 soldiers a day in marksmanship fundamentals. Assessed soldiers ability and consulted subordinate Drill Sergeants about training program and methods.
Life in the military
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), tampa,FLDecember 22, 2014
Life in the military has its ups and downs. Comes with a price of giving your life for the country we live in. Benefits are a plus with health care and dental. Traveling all over the world just to keep your country safe.
Demanding and Structured workplace
ARH Armament/Electrical/Avionics Sys.Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYDecember 22, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: personal space and time
A typical day starts off with checking logbooks for any scheduled maintenance and finishing any work orders that may have came in. I learned the basics on keeping a log on any maintenance that was performed, being able to troubleshoot and familiarize myself with electrical and avionic components. Management were held to highest expectation of the NCO – more... creed and remain professional at all times. My peers lived the army values in every aspect of their lives – less
Best time of my adult age group.
62B MOS. Line mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KentuckyDecember 22, 2014
Pros: i think that you learn the real meaning of "you get what you put in".
Cons: the long periods away from your loved one such as a years long time.
Wake up and do exercise at 6:30 am and work on military equipment until the shop sergeant says its time to go home. I learned that the team is the key factor to getting the job accomplished because there is no I in team. The hardest part of this job is coping with the fact that we are on call 24 hours a day 365 days a years at a moments notice at such – more... a young age as an adult; but almost seems fun in the process because of innocence. As much as I can remember, I enjoyed everyone that I served with and would not discourage anyone from doing the same as a young person joining a branch in the military. – less
US Army
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CODecember 21, 2014
I loved being a part of something that did good for the world. I had amazing supervisors teaching me everything I needed to know, to the point I was able to train and teach higher ranking personnel shortly before I ETSed out of the military. A typical day for me, was making sure all paperwork was submitted on time to the correct personnel, updating – more... my Commander on any issues or on going HR data within the company. I attended weekly, sometimes daily meetings with higher ranking Command making HR data aware to them as well, as I was in charge of financials, awards, NCOERs, OERs and every HR status. Before I ETSed, I trained two non-HR clerks the ins and outs of my daily job since I had no replacement, I created a book full of every action, detailed step by step, that they may come across and actions they will do daily. – less
Tough but Worthy Experience
Infantryman (Current Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 21, 2014
Life working in the United States Army is a 24 hour a day job. The work hours can be long and strenuous at times but it is also very fulfilling and worthy job experience.
Challegnging, fulfilling and rewarding.
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CADecember 21, 2014
The military has made a tremendous impact on my life and in turn has given me the opportunity to reach out and help others. I am part of a proud organization that protects and defends our nations most precious treasures and I am tasked with the additional responsibilities of providing medical care to anyone whom I may encounter.
playing sports and being with family
military enlisted (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYDecember 21, 2014
Pros: love to work and stay busy
Cons: cant sleep much and get used easy
work in the military is a touchy subject to me forgive me for i cant speak to much on this touchy situation,
I did learn how to become stronger and a quick learner threw all the struggle.
I loved to run and go out every morning at 5:00 am to be with my fellow comrades to train and learn new things to make my self better and improved.
very fasted paced work environment but overall great job
Signals Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 21, 2014
Pros: decent pay for the job
Cons: short breaks
Started at 7 AM ended at 3-5 PM. Good job if you like to stay busy all day. Safety oriented and very good management staff. Mainly a general labor job. Not much room for advancement in the company.
Civil Affairs Specialist
Civil Affairs Specialist (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKDecember 21, 2014
My work with humanitarian project and with the city counsel government was extremely rewarding.
productive place to work that has opportunities for growth
us army soldier (Former Employee), ft.lewis ,waDecember 21, 2014
Pros: cerification training
Cons: 24 hr job
typical day at work: arrive at pt at 6-8 am; and arrived at my designated job at 9. worked until 5 pm.

what did i learn: respect,loyalty,honor,courage,honesty,punctuation.

hardest part of the job: being away from family

the most enjoyable part of the job: travel ,field training
Mortarman
Specialist 11C10 Indirect Fire Infantry (Former Employee), AnchorageDecember 21, 2014
Pros: brotherhood and serving my country.
• Fired 60 and 120 mortar system
• Ammo bearer
• In charge of putting proper gun powder charges on the missiles
• Handled missiles
• Organization of missiles
• Knew gunner position and bipod position
• Team Leader
• Personal training and exercises
• Fired assault rifle and pistol at shooting range for monthly qualifications
• Received the National Defense – more... Service medal, the Global War on Terrorism service medal and the Army Service Ribbon – less
Army life is great
Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GADecember 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, co workers, life experience
Cons: long hours
Army life is more professional than most companies I have worked for outside of the Military. You build bonds with your coworkers. Harassment in any form is not tolerated pay gets better as you promote. You have the opportunity to promote if you do your job well. Promotions are based off of job performance and not favoritism.
Would do it Again
Fire Finder Field Radar Operator (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXDecember 21, 2014
Pros: excitement
Joining the Military was one of the best decision I've ever made, Never lose focus of why you joined.
Be all you can be
Human Resources/Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Various locationsDecember 20, 2014
Excellent leadership, great travel, and great educational opportunity.
Very busy but well worth it
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. Hood TX, Okinawa Japan, Ft. Riley KansasDecember 20, 2014
Pros: free medical and dental
Cons: long hours sometimes with just one meal for the day
Physical training in the AM
Learned team work
leadership skills
My co-workers are family one team one fight
The hardest part of the job is the hours
The most enjoyable is the traveling
The Best
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXDecember 20, 2014
The best job I ever had. Excellent career move for any U.S. citizen.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more