U.S. Army
17,249 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Fun Work Place
Squad Leader (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIOctober 17, 2014
Great starter career. Wonderful training. The military is a strong family environment and long lasting friends are made!
Fun
fire team member (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYOctober 17, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: no second chances
Great time just sets of unfortunate events lead to me being released early
Demanding but rewarding job and life style
Infantryman (11B) (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsOctober 17, 2014
Up before the sun for physical training, often not off before the sun goes down.
Liked working, and training soldiers about the equipment and life in the Army
Horizontal Construction Engineer Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Polk, La. 71549October 17, 2014
Pros: hour and half lunches, 30 days paid vacation
Cons: worked weekends sometimes
Make sure my sections vehicles have been properly serviced and operating correctly. Vehicle has all the proper equipment to go out for the days mission, Make sure soldiers have the proper paperwork, dispatches and all their proper gear. everything signed and stamped by the proper authority.
Very good career
Airborne Infantryman (Former Employee), Redstone Arsenal, ALOctober 17, 2014
Very good career. Fun and exciting work. Good benefits and pay.
Awesome place to work.
Squad leader / Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSOctober 16, 2014
Pros: the people, benefits
Cons: surprise event.
What can I say, I missed being in the army. Great culture, excellent training. It's not a job, its a way of life.
LOVED IT
Sargeant (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAOctober 16, 2014
I would recommend any person considering this option go for it
Interetsing Career
Infantryman/Soldier (Current Employee), Hawaii, North Carlina, Georgia, South KoreaOctober 16, 2014
Interesting Career choice for 16 years. came in directly after high school
army
Hvac Technician Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYOctober 16, 2014
A typical day at work would be 6:30am - 8:00am physical training. Then i would eat and work from 9:30 until 6:00 or later we would have services on generators, air conditioners, and water pumps. we would walk around laugh eat snacks and work on our equipment or on thursdays give classes on the equipment to the operators.
Productive workplace with a lot of equipment to manage.
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee), Jber AlaskaOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits, never working on the weekends.
Cons: short breaks, long hours.
While working in a warehouse you have to be very careful.There is a lot of expensive equipment that you have to manage. Ive learned a lot from working in a warehouse.The smallest mistake can cause the biggest issue.The most enjoyable part of my job is completing evey mission and working as a team so me and my co workers can get the job done.
Experience that cannot be duplicated.
Manager of Subsistence Office (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAOctober 16, 2014
I had the chance to be a part of a great team. I was molded and later helped mold others. Gained a lot of management skills and supervisory skills. Not able to be duplicated
Productive, Educational and Exciting Workplace
Flight Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 16, 2014
I would say the hardest part of my job was the hours spent away from home. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting up every morning and doing something 1/10th of the population of the United States did. Putting my uniform on and representing my country in a time of need. Typical day started at 0630 and ended at 1800.
Productive and Enjoyable
Observer-Coach/Trainer (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYOctober 16, 2014
I spent almost 24 years in the Military and enjoyed my time spent. Looking forward to moving past that and re-energizing and re-focusing on a new Life moving forward as I transition from the military and into the civilian sector.
Productive, Rigorous and Educational
Ammunition Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 16, 2014
Responsible for receiving, storing, and issuing conventional ammunition, guided missiles, large rockets, explosives, and other ammunition and explosive related items;
Performed maintenance (field and sustainment), modification, destruction and demilitarization on ammunition and explosive components
Performed ammunition supply stock control and accounting – more... duties using both automated and manual procedures.
Transporting ammunition to storage facility (forklift and LMTV) – less
Army
Army Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), TexasOctober 16, 2014
Pros: ?---travel?
Cons: nearly all of it
With changes in politics and budget cuts, advancement and retention are not guaranteed. Job security was once something that a military career could rely upon.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the politicians trying to change the military without having any idea of how it works, or must work in order to do the job that it was created for.
Fast paced work environment.
SupplySpecialist/ Logistics management (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great people, good work environment, team effort from everyone, duties were clear and to the point
Cons: not enough hours in a day to finish major projects.
There is no typical day at work. one minute your conducting a inventory of supplies, the next minute your flying across the world to transport soldiers home from war.

I learned planning, organizing, leadership skills, administrative duties.

Management never missed a beat. they knew their jobs which made me want to know mine.

Co-workers came from – more... all walks of life, there is no place like the military when it comes to diversity. great people.

Hardest part of the job was the ability to fail a mission. I never failed a mission.

The best part of my job was being 18 and learning so much in such a small amount of time. becoming a leader and understanding the responsibilities that come with that role. – less
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COOctober 16, 2014
I learned even more about weapons and tactics. I was in charge of five personnel.
the greatest job in the world
Patrolium supply spc. (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: no other job is more important
Cons: deployments and possable death
hard work, discipline and dedication. respect, honor and streangth. there is no bigger or mor important job in all the world then to be a soldier in the military.
Great start up for any person who needs direction or Job security
Senior Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAOctober 16, 2014
Great start up to your life. Some people make a career of the Army but at the minimum it's a great place to get valuable skills needed for future employment.
A great place to learn discipline and personal resilience.
Construction Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: high quality of training.
Cons: multiple bosses
Each day starting with physical training to help the mind. I learning who I was both my strength and weaknesses but most of all how far I could push myself by changing my thinking process. I also learned how to identify problems and create a plan with multiple solutions. Management is chaotic but willing to help. Organizationally strong but needing – more... more focus on the important projects. Worked with people that were masters in their fields and enjoyed the knowledge I was able to gain from working with them. The hardest part of my job was being on call. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting paid to work on my physical fitness and seeing how that is the cornerstone for everything else. – less

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more