U.S. Army
20,790 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

fun
cook (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMarch 27, 2015
Conducted high impact Military Special Operations training that demands extreme physical and mental discipline, as well as an exceptional ability to lead and follow directions. Working with a team is an everyday task to accomplish all duties. Managed personnel, and more than 1 million dollars of highly sensitive property. Conducted presentations and trained company personnel on organization related matters needed for the overall success of the company. Gained knowledge and experience as a leader and learned to conquer assignments and goals thought to be unattainable. Being expected to successfully assume any duty or position is an everyday challenge that is met. Leaving every day with a sense of accomplishment and knowing that you pushed yourself a little harder than the day before is a feeling unmatched by anything.
productive
mp unit (Former Employee), ft eustic vaMarch 27, 2015
its a good way to live your life. theres advancement, excitement, and lots of fun. lots of travel. I joined to travel and that's what I did.
Dicspline
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: short breaks
Instills discipline, and respect for you co-workers and your superiors. great healthcare. I learned about petroleum based products and how to test them. As well as setting up fuel station.
A great team concept
Operations and Training NCOIC (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 26, 2015
The Army is a giant machine that never stop, never quits, and is always seeking to improve. You really get a cense of belonging, family and commitment.
Exciting, first real job
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Going to war
Enjoyed my time in the army. Was a new experience and hard work. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to go to different countries and experience different cultures. The hardest part of my job was being deployed during Desert Storm.
great work place
25Q (Former Employee), South KoreaMarch 26, 2015
great experience working in hazardous areas. providing communication services to fellow co workers. Served 1 term in the signal corps.
productive, disciplined,and organized, workplace
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), tacoma washingtonMarch 26, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: healthcare
on a day to day bases, i would order supplies for my company to substain our day to day activities, control maintain and update companies property book, inventory and fill shortages for all companies equipment, ship and receive equipment for company, transfer equipment to different companies country wide.
Its the Army.
Heavy Construction Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMarch 26, 2015
Pros: The best medical benefits for you and your dependents.
Cons: Low morale, poor treatment, and they can do pretty much anything they want to you, unless you know your stuff and you're willing to stand up for yourself.
The leadership is terrible! You get treated like you're expendable garbage until you make your sergeant rank, and you won't get that unless you have a high PT score and you really enjoy sucking up. Shut off your brain and pretend your sergeant knows everything and that you're grateful for his input in everything you do. Otherwise, you won't get anywhere except demoted and chaptered.

If you know your regulations and field manuals, and you aren't afraid to use that knowledge on counseling statements and Memorandom for Records (MFRs), you'll be pretty safe. You'll never get promoted and the sergeants won't like you, but they won't be able to take your rank either. You can just do your time and get out with an honorable discharge and get your education benefits, or your disability benefits, if that applies.

Don't approach this with a pie-in-the-ski attitude about how grand it will be to be a soldier. They don't care about you! If you join with the understanding that this is just a job that gives you some great benefits AFTER you get out, then you'll be much better off. Suck it up and deal with the atrocious behavior of the leadership. Then get out, and get your benny's!
Great Experience, Great Life Lessons
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, Housing Healthcare
Cons: Long and dangerious deployments
The US Army is a great. you Learn Discipline, Courage, and How to be the best you can be. I learned how to Maintain myself and equipment, as well as how to be a Soldier. my command team was always there to support me.
Great Benefits love the work and knowing i was fighting for my country i felt good to have joined
Military (Former Employee), Ft. Riley,KSMarch 26, 2015
it was a great experience, I have learned a lot of things while enlisted from leadership to going a job proficiently. the militaty also taught me a great deal of skills that I will use on a everyday basis
fuel specialist
fuel handler, hazardous material handler. (Former Employee), fort drum nyMarch 26, 2015
it was a great experience as a soldier and as a leader, I travel overseas and was in charge of my own squad.
I got deploy to Kosovo where i did my duties as a fuel handler overall the Army was a great place
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 26, 2015
Provided an overall excellent life experience. Becoming a Soldier made instills values that can never be surpassed. Duty, Honor, Respect, Dedication and Loyalty is just a few values that are instilled in you. Very proud to have served.
Decent work, productive, best job ever
Power Generation Equipment Repairer (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNMarch 26, 2015
Loved the Army, in a way miss it. Best job ever, and one of the few jobs where opportunities to break stuff happen often. Here I learned accomplishment, limits, fears and doubts. The best thing I like the most is everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.
good time
Instructor/Technical Writer (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKMarch 26, 2015
when I was station at FT Sill ok it was good to be in a school house teaching AIT students the learning there MOS job what going to be doing while they 3-4 years in the army.
Auomated Logistics Specialist
Automated Logistics Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKMarch 26, 2015
Awesome experience! The most enjoyable part of being in he military was being was the ability to interact an meet new people everyday. I have learned numeous management skills, how to access Soldiers and mentor them towards success! The hardest part of my career was deploying and training which caused me to leave my children on several different occasions.
Boring work environment and little sleep
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCMarch 26, 2015
I would wake up at about 430am every day and go to formation and do pt then train for the day. I learned to care about other people than myself and to love every individual out there. the hardest part of my job was the lack of sleep. The most enjoyable part was being able to bond with such a great group of men.
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Well organized help you stay in shape great benifits
Cons: moving every year or leaving your family to deploy
Go to physical Training at 0600 to 0730
go home shower pat on uniform be back at the company at 0900
check emails Go throught out line start working in task
lunch 1130 to 1
after lunch the hardest part of the job witch is finishing up task or missions.
clean Office go to Staff/supervisor meeting
get released to g home
Great Career
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), louisianaMarch 26, 2015
Great career and opportunity for advancement. Good pay and benefits. If looking for a long term career this is the right place to start.
good structure not too many complaints i learned alot about myself
SPECIALIST (Former Employee), colorado-springs,CoMarch 26, 2015
always had a basic layout as to what was gonna happen each day which made life a little bit easier. Higher ranking people never really were there for guidance so we always had to figure most everything out on our own and hope we did it right. The people who did work very very hard such as myself and a few others were never the guys to get promoted when it was very well deserved but i dont hold grudges about it i figure if it was meant to be then it would have happened. I do miss it now tho, the army has made me a stronger more well rounded person. it has tought me many things and different ways of looking at things. i got to see a large portion of the world and for that i am thankful i have met people who will always be considered family to me and they arent blood but they should be.
Great and productive wprkplace
Water treatment specialist (Current Employee), greenville, scMarch 26, 2015
I learn dicipline management and teamwork. I also learn how to challenge the mind and set goals that takes some work to reach.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries