U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,202 reviews matching the search
Active duty service member
Sergeant (40-60hrs/wk) Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYFebruary 20, 2017
Learned a lot about using heavy equipment. Managed 7-10 soldiers/ crew members. Great experience severing my country. Maintenance for over 30 vehicles to include dozer, skid stears, scrappers, loaders. Basically anything hydraulic powered we moved, or operated.
Productive and fun place to learn and work
Multi-Channel Transmissions Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZFebruary 20, 2017
It was a great place to work, as well as a good chance to grow as an employee. I learned a great amount while employed here. Also, there were lots of patient people there willing to train and teach every employee. I recommend this employer to anyone. Also, I was able to travel around and see different landscapes.
Pros
Always a job to be done, friendly co-workers, ability to gain experience
Its the army
25N10 Nodal Network Systems Operator-Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Its the army. That should be enough said. Its forcing me to submit more than just that. This part of indeed is dumb. I am now wasting time typing in a review
I loved my job and i did very well at it
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAFebruary 20, 2017
I was an aircraft maintainer and I worked on the OH-58 it has since been decommissioned it was the work horse of the Army's helicopter fleet I learned a lot on this aircraft and would love to work on it again
Excellent benefits and opportunites for advancement.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work. Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Great career if you stick it out. It is a rewarding way to serve your country!
Great experiance, with a lot of great people.
Infantryman (11B) (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 20, 2017
the people that I served with will always be my brothers. And I would do anything for any one of them. It was a great experience for me.
Pros
Great experiance, work ethic, and time management.
Cons
over worked at times.
Ehhh okay.
Executive Assistant to Major (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 20, 2017
Long hours. Deployments. Not a lot of pay.Hard to juggle time with family as well as work. It's a hard life. You need to be extremely dedicated to the cause.
Senior Maintenance Manager
Senior Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Typical day at work: Start processing job orders, ordering parts, sort work priorities, Quality Assurance and control on all completed jobs.

I have learned that patients and careful planning help complete all jobs.

My management skills are a little more direct than most.

Work atmosphere is pleasant but with the understanding and drive to meet all deadlines.

Being away from family for extended period of times

Being part of something bigger than myself and helping complete the misson
Pros
Medical, Dental, ease of access to education, physical conditioning programs
Cons
Rentention Control, unpredictability
Friendly and Efficient Workplace
Mathematics Technician Internship GS (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDFebruary 20, 2017
This was an internship at Aberdeen Proving Grounds that I took part in during the summer of 2010, that took place over a period of several weeks.

The Managers were attentive to the needs and concerns of their subordinates, and my coworkers were always ready to lend some assistance, whether in the form of a second opinion on some data or some sage advice.

Though I was not there long enough to be exposed to much of the workplace culture outside of the standard nine-to-five days, what I did experience indicated a strong sense of camaraderie among the team.
Pros
Attentive Management, Friendly and Helpful Coworkers
Cons
Internship
Daily work
Military Police (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 20, 2017
On a normal day is crazy with working to keep vigilante for any suspicious acts and illegal doers. driving around in a car with a friend looking around going to calls and you see the craziest things.
Pros
drive a police car
Cons
crazy amount of paperwork
Great place to help shape a man or women
Human Resources Specialist/Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Enjoyed my term in the service
Gained knowledge i never thought i would at my age
was able to travel the world
met people from walks of life
really teaches you to appreciate things
Just a job
Second customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAFebruary 20, 2017
It is the army not really much i can give about my experience because everyone has a different experience when they join the military so it can not just be based solely off of one review
Horrible mistake, but honorable
Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKFebruary 20, 2017
I disliked the Army very much, but it certainly taught me discipline at a young age.
It felt like boot camp for the first year and a half, though it trained me to endure the pain of hard labor, and intensive physical training.
I was then stationed in Greece, and I lost the motivation to care, as I felt I wasn't cared for, if that makes sense.
Pros
Physical training, big guns that blew stuff up.
Cons
Physical training, other soldiers, low pay.
Excellent place to serve and learn skills that you will use for life.
PARALEGAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 20, 2017
Typical day consisted of daily group physical exercise followed by chow (breakfast), work, chow (lunch), work and chow (dinner). The most enjoyable was the structure of the military and job security.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Not bathing during field training exercises
productive and fun place to work
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 20, 2017
The army was a great stepping stone. Travel is required and technical and personal skills can be obtained. You will also be in great physical condition.
Great
PATRIOT Operator and Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Overall great experience during my time that I have served in this corporation. Great management and guidance on a day to day basis.
Infantry
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 20, 2017
The military in general can be a wonderful opportunity for a lot of people. I did not take full advantage of the opportunities afforded to me, I fought the system, went against the grain, and hated a lot of my time in the Army.
Benefits
Cons
Getting shot to death
Best Program to excel in.
12B Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Wouldn't trade this experience for anything. Best years of my life. Earned a large amount of experience in many different areas and can be translated into civilian lifestyle.
Pros
Medical benefits.
Cons
Family lifestyle.
Great way to show that you care for your country and learn new skills
Tactical Data System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 20, 2017
A typical work day in the military was always different. I Learned skills ranging form hard drives to satellites. I was in charge of 12 military personal for training and physical growth.
Pros
team work and new skills
Cons
no family time and deploying every other year
A day in the US Army as an infantryman
Infantry Fire Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ft. WainwrightFebruary 20, 2017
As an infantryman, I learned that the more prepared our unit was, the better we equipped we were to perform our duties during deployment. Preparation is key.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4