U.S. Army
22,153 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Great experince
Unmanned Aircraft Repairer (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZMay 29, 2015
Pros: The people, The skills
Cons: away from family
The Army grew me as a man and gave me experinces I would have never atained anywhere else. I gained skillls and qualities that will make me an asset to any company
learned respect, discipline,courage, and that i could do anything
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft Polk,LA , Ft Hood, TX, Ft Sill, OK, Korea,May 29, 2015
Pros: friendships built for life, memories, what it made me become
Cons: none
You wake up in the morning at go to pt. You exercise either your upper body or lower body. for a hour to two hours. then you go home get cleaned up, eat breakfast, and report to work. You worked with privates all the way up to generals on a daily basis. you were always learning something whether it was job related or task related or life related. you had each others back! The hardest part of your job was going to war or being away from your love ones if you were overseas. the most important if not enjoyable part of my job was to see my soldiers succeed in life. 3 most important things in any company is unity, moral, and pay.
growing opportunity
Acquisition Lead (Current Employee), Picatinny Arsenal, NJMay 29, 2015
diversity and large number of programs to work on. more emerging as technology evolves. new managers with new ideas and plenty of energy to make them a reality.
West Point Cadet
West Point Cadet (Army) (Former Employee), West Point, NYMay 29, 2015
Being a Cadet was a very challenging lifestyle. I was faced daily with a myriad of tasks logistical, clerical, and interpersonal in nature. I learned extensive leadership, computer, scheduling, and personal skills that helped me to become a hard-working, flexible, and adaptive individual capable of facing whatever task put before me. The hardest part of was the hours, for sometimes work could carry on into the early hours of the morning. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction felt from rising to and accomplishing various challenges.
What I did in the Army.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ft. Campbell, KyMay 29, 2015
I would wake up every morning at 0500 and lead anywhere between 9 to 20 soldiers in physical fitness. After our work out our day consisted of training with weapons, trucks and movements. I was deployed three times and seen combat in both Iraq and Afghanistan. I was responsible for safely training my Soldiers for the fight ahead of us. I learned how to be a Leader and to manage and supervise. I also learned how rules and safety work and how to apply it.
A new chalenge everyday
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 29, 2015
Non Commissioned Officer for 13 years in the most challenging experience of my life. Worked for subordinates in their development both professional and personal, but maintained respect and dedication of personnel though firm authority and mutual respect. Considered by seniors as one of the most effective leader and instructor through success of every assigned position.
worked as a team productive got the job done
patriot air defense (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: great benefits, family
Cons: long hours
Use to very long hours, taught not to quit, big on education, if one goes down we all go down, big team players, never leave without the job complete
J
Quartermaster Soldier (Current Employee), Granite City, ILMay 29, 2015
Good place to work. Instill great qualities. Produce great workers. Always busy and works multiple jobs at once. Other than hurry up an wait you will learn a lot of great skills.
Great Experience
Intelligence Analyst Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMay 29, 2015
While serving in the military I have experienced first-hand in creating accurate detailed intelligence analysis assessments, and producing multi-source intelligence products derived from intelligence data collection, evaluation, and interpretation.
It was my Duty and an Honor to serve my country!
Legal Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, Travel, Comradery
Cons: Away from family, long hours
The Army life is very challenging. Being in the Army allowed me to meet new people and travel around the world. However, the daily duties of the job and having a personal life posed a challenge. It was hard being away from my family all of the time and being moved around constantly. However, the rewards outweighed the cons.
consistently training
Hazmat Materials Specialist/Logistical Supervisor (Current Employee), Richardson, AKMay 29, 2015
Training on down time to improve areas of weakness, which improved work proformance, productivity and safety and environmental standards
Challenging work pefformed for support of the United States Army
Retired (Former Employee), Fort Dix, NJMay 29, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable work and environment
Cons: None
I have been retired for over 15 years. Many of the duties and responsibilities I have described are now being performed by independent contractors working for the US Army. My co-workers at the time were an energetic bunch of folks who enjoyed their work. Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a project go from planning to installation. I enjoyed the managerial part of my job as I was always interfacing with other managers who had different duties/skills that I was able to interact with. Overall job rating is 5 stars.
A good learning experience
U.S Military Shop Foreman (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 29, 2015
I learned a lot and was able to fine tune my skills while working here. i got to travle and see places i would have never went and seen.
Served country with pride
Parachute Rigger (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKMay 28, 2015
Pros: Being a part of something great.
Cons: Physically demanding
Every day began with 6:30 am physical training and then I went to work packing parachutes. This job entailed the upmost focus and responsibility because I was essentially packing live saving equipment for fellow soldiers. It was by far my favorite military experience because it was imperative that I was doing my job well and I could leave work everyday knowing I did my job well. There was a close bond with those that I worked with because we all know we could count on each other to get the job done right the first time. The most challenging part of being a Parachute Rigger was being fairly tired from doing the early morning physical training and then going to work for a full and strenuous day. I eventually got used to it and was in the best shape of my life but it was challenging. I was fortunate to have some great supervisors over me that were well aware of the challenges that came with the job and were able to provide me with mentorship and wisdom.
Amazing Job!
Military Police Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 28, 2015
Pros: everything!
Cons: Nothing
If I could have stayed in the Army I would have went back to Fort Polk. I loved it there! I miss my friends there!! We were like a family there. I miss it a lot.
Being a soldier
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TexasMay 28, 2015
I loved being in the Army. It was fun, fast paced, and exciting. I enjoyed my daily duties and relying on my team. The benefits are always a plus, but the camaraderie was so much more important to me.
Very educational
Transportation Specialist (88M) (Former Employee), Middle EastMay 28, 2015
This is the type of job that you think you are ready for, but nothing can truly prepare you for something like it! I had the honor of traveling to the Middle East and seeing wonders and people that so few others have been able to.
The job is/was rough, but the rewards and what I took away from it will forever be with me, and I am proud and happy to have them!
Entertaining Place to Work
Special Purpose Equipment Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: Non
I worked a lot and hard. I also did my job well and supervised my soldiers well. Made sure all the equipment was to standard.
Great Experience for the right type of person
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Ft. PierceMay 28, 2015
The US Army can be a great tool for anyone looking to learn new skills in very dynamic and high paced environment. Great opportunities to obtain a formal education. The career will take you as far as you want it to.
The perfect place to prepare you for a perfect furture
Drill Instructor (Current Employee), Ft Sill OKMay 28, 2015
Thanks to the military, I have all type of skills and training that will prepare me for any and every task that should ever come my way

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries