U.S. Army
15,539 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

The experience as an Army Officer.
Signal Officer (Captain) (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: leading soldiers
Cons: takes a lot of time away from family.
Officers are the leaders of the Military, supervising and managing activities in almost every occupational specialty, and a very rewarding position.
Military way of life for Recruiters
HR/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 25, 2014
Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.

Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
Steady pay check as long as you worked your hardest.
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free meals, free place to stay, free health and dental care
Cons: long hours, strict environment
It was always important to make it to formation on time for accountability. Always had to look sharp in uniform and ready to take orders that were given by superiors. Always had to be prepared to work hard, as well as long hours if necessary. Always had to be prepared to multitask as well as react quickly to changes or added duties.
Fun and Long lasting life experiences and friends.
42A, Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2014
Prepares and processes recommendations for awards and decorations and arranges for awards ceremony. Pre pares, updates, and coordinates requests for evaluations, to include responding to evaluation inquiries. Prepares and monitors requests for promotions and arranges for promotion ceremony, to include promotion declinations, reconsideration for promotions, – more... and arrange for reduction and removal boards for soldiers on local promotion standing lists. Prepares and monitors requests for reductions, transfers, and discharges. Prepares and monitors requests for identification cards and tags, leaves, and passes, line of duty determination, MILPER data and information management, orders for temporary duty and travel, personnel processing, training and reassignment, retention, military and special pay pro grams, personnel accounting and strength management, transition processing, legal, meal cards, training soldier support file, and unit administration. – less
Very cultural and plenty of variety.
Patient Administration Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Story, VAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: strictness and regulations
The days start early and sometimes end late. There is a strong need to have discipline and attention to detail in the Army. There are a lot of rules, customs, courtesies and regulations to follow. There is a lot of travel opportunity and a chance to meet new people everyday.
The best job ever!!!
E-9, senior intelligence analyst (Former Employee), All over the worldJuly 25, 2014
Pros: all pro's
Good company, benefits, people work with you on various situations in life
Is a rewarding and challenging career that instills integrity, accountablity, and honesty.
Manager, Technical Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKJuly 25, 2014
As a U.S. Army Veteran with over six years experience in project planning and customer service. The military has developed my leadership skills tremendously. The Army's culture is extremely diverse. This aspect has allowed me to enhance my communication and team-building skills as well.
Productive job and able to help other people
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 9 to 5 job, benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks, and leaving family for a long period of time
A typical day at work we make sure our fuel is tested and ready for people to come and get fueled. i learned to do samples and properly drive tankers and fuel trucks properly. Deployments are the hardest part of being in the army.
Amazing career with plenty of advancement chances
Imagery Instructor (Former Employee), Sheridan, ILJuly 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, and culture
Cons: deployments and time away from home
See your local recruiter, and learn what a day in the life a typical soldier is really like. If I put it in here it would take way too long.
Team work
Infantry Team Leader/ supervisor (Former Employee), Various/ globalJuly 25, 2014
Pros: life long experience.
Cons: alot of travel time
In the army I learned what it meant to be a leader, to take charge and make decisions and how to motivate and train others. This experience helped define the person I am today. The hardest part of this job was knowing the potential out come and carrying out the mission regardless.
Prodcutive and challenging work place
Company First Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: medical and dental benifits
Cons: deployments to hostile countries
A rewarding and challenging work place. Coaching and mentoring Soldiers and watching them achieve both personal and profeesional goals is truely rewarding. Job security and benifits are a plus and take care of all your needs.
US Army
MI Systems Maintainer/Integrator 35T (Current Employee), Goodfellow AFB, TXJuly 25, 2014
Varies greatly depending on job and where you are stationed. Some places are great and some aren't but overall I had a great experience and do not regret joining the army at all.
work environment constantly changes so there is never a dull day
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: being away from family
phsyical fitness was achieved and maintained on a daily basis, friendly co-workers, fun environment, lots and lots of training with weapons and new technology
Always Something to Learn
Transmission Systems Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 25, 2014
Every day I worked in the US Army, I learned something new. I made lifelong bonds with my coworkers and learned skills that will stay with me for the rest of my life
Excellent place if you enjoy your comrades
Battalion Aid Station Triage Leader (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 1hr lunches, pay, soldiers, training, travel, benefits
Cons: some management
Typical work day workout at 0600 work till 1700 doing medical training.
I learned how to save Soldiers lives and cohabit with many different races and nationalities.
Most management was decent, but when you are given orders you follow them to the best of your ability
The most enjoyable part of the job was the other Soldiers.
Exiting and demanding.
System Administrator (Former Employee), Fort George G Meade, MDJuly 25, 2014
Best experience ever. Every duty assignment brought a new set of skill to my life. Met plenty of wonderful people that I get to call "brothers in arms". The hardest part is having to say goodbye.
Great experience and opportunity to work in a diversified multi-national community.
General Supply Specialist / Procurement Manager (Current Employee), Brussels, BRUJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great travelling and culture experience
Cons: gas was purchased in liters
- Upon arriving to Belgium, it is quite a culture shock compared to what we are used to in the United States. I learned how to coerce with the largely diverse group of international military personnel on a day to day basis. Such things as, adapting to their customs and way of life. The people were friendly and I made many friends and business contacts – more... while stationed there. There were extreme challenges with procurement and contracting purchases of supplies due to the Government cutbacks and budget conflicts. But the most rewarding experience was the travelling. Europe is very beautiful and to have been able to see what I've seen while I was there, and experience all that Europe had to offer, I wouldn't change a thing. – less
A great place to volunteer
Senior Spouse Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 24, 2014
As a wife of a soldier volunteering my time with many different U.S.Army organizations was a great service of my time!
working and maintaning
Helicopter repair (Former Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 24, 2014
Pros: fast paace
Cons: leaving family for years on end.
Loved everything about the army. i learned a lot about myself and learned to work close with people. loved the fast pace job of getting the helicopters ready to fly and sending them off.
Awesome Job
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great unity and friends for life
Cons: no real family life
There isn't a typical day in the U.S. Army. I loved what I did and I do miss the unity that is incomparable. With seven deployments under my belt I can say that this is either a great place to start or, if committed, stick out your 25 years.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more