U.S. Army
21,372 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

great place to work
Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 21, 2015
Pros: free travel
Cons: deployements
travel paid time off nights and weekends off
people are team players fun surrounding
world travel for free Iraq and Afghanistan the people are the best in the world and will support you in what ever you do
Very productive
Armor Assistant (Former Employee), Anchorage alaskaApril 21, 2015
Constantly multitasking at a high rate , achieving different missions weekly along with individual and team tasks.Very difficult but humbling job and duties in the united states and overseas.
great start
Senior Collection Supervisor (Former Employee), Hunter Army Airfield, GAApril 21, 2015
Pros: team unity, skill building
Cons: risk of injury, stressful work enviroment
I recommend this job to anyone who is lacking in work ethic, just need a fresh start, or to pay off student loans. I would not recommend this job to someone who is starting a family or are very close to their family.
Stable, Educational Work Environment
AIR DEFENSE ENHANCED EARLY WARNING SYSTEM OPERATOR (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXApril 21, 2015
Enjoyed working with the Army. Learned a lot, traveled the world and made a lot of close friends.

I benefitted greatly from joining the military.
long workdays, lacking managment
Logistical and Strategic Weapons Manager/Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KentuckyApril 21, 2015
Pros: paid vacation
Cons: short breaks, long days
wake up, go to work, stay at work till much later. finally go home. next day do it all over again. working in the Army was difficult.
Great job
Military police (Current Employee), Camp smithApril 21, 2015
Pros: life experience
Cons: Money
Military police operations ,
PT

Great people to work with
Great chain of command
good health benefits
Law enforcement
Combat
travel
food
World Travel, Adventure, Grow
Fire Support Sergeant(13F30) (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYApril 21, 2015
This job is more than just a job, its a new life. This job will train you and give you a purpose in life. There are those that cannot accept that and move on after a few years, their are others that stay in for the long haul. The best job and overall experience I have ever had in my entire life.

Stand up, Speak Up, Shut up, Sit Down.
Keep your head on a swivel.
Keep your weapon up and downrange at all times.
Brotherhood
Family
Hardest part of the job is losing your friends and family to the dangers of the world.
Awesome way to serve our Country
Transportation Director (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 21, 2015
Pros: Stability
Cons: Gone from Home to long...
I was in the Army, and im telling you now, it was the greatest thing ive ever been involved in as far as work, you knew where you stood and you had the chance to direct your future the way you wanted it to go, probably the most enriching part of my life, I would reccommend this to anyone.
This was a life altering experience
Orthopedic Technician (Former Employee), Fort Sam Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits, team building, and learning opportunities
Cons: increaed pay
My time with the military will always be very special to me. However, my tenure as a medic greatly increased my ability to receive future teaching that enhanced inception of habits that continue to serve me well to this day (ie person-centered engagement; unconditional positive regard; empathic listening). Thanks for the time and I truly appreciated the exposure
Army
Rifle Team leader (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NC & Fort Myer, VaApril 21, 2015
Pros: good benefits, unique experiences
Cons: high burnout rate, stressful
I was there to train, lead and motivate. I couldn't say what my least favorite part of my job was, but my favorite was being around my best friends twenty four-seven.
Enjoyed Serving my Country
Observer, Controller & Trainer (Former Employee), Camp Shelby, MSApril 21, 2015
Pros: Job security pay health benefits
Cons: Away from home alot
Served my country for 25 years and just retired in FEB 2015. Have held all leadership positions from team leader up to Operations sergeant. Have supervised several soldiers at once.
Health Care Specialist
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKApril 21, 2015
A typical day at work includes entering patients into a medical database, ordering bloodwork on each patient, drawing their blood, interpreting the results of their blood work, issuing immunizations based on these results, and inputting all the work you have done on each patient into their medical record. This job is challenging and extremely rewarding. We process over 200 soldiers every week and it is important to stay organized.
Good job for some and not for others
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Holidays off, job security
Cons: Long hours and under contract.
Every day is something new. You never know what the next day will bring. The days can very from a hard days work with long hours to a normal days work that's over before you know it. Some supervisors support time with family and others not so much. You will have a lot of difference experiences, some good and some not as much. You will learn many difference skills.
Military lifestyle
Automated logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIApril 20, 2015
Pros: Salary, Job security, Travel, Constantly learning
Cons: Family time, On-Call, Mass Punishment
I don't have any regrets about being in the military as some may, it has been a productive and positive experience for me and like any job that harbors such responsibilities comes arduous times and a motivated work ethic to be responsible for yourself, your equipment and the people around you.
Great experience
Movements Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 20, 2015
The 20 years I have spent in the military have prepared me excel in my transition to civilian life. I learned how to work with all types of people from different countries.
best branch to enlist
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 20, 2015
Learn lot going through basic training and AIT for your job training

co-workers are never the same they are from all over the world
Motivated and fast learner
Tech Supply Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYApril 20, 2015
Just recently transition from military to civilian life. Very fast learned. Always on time. Willing to work hard and focus on my work
NA
Center Commander / Senior Recruiter (Current Employee), WorldwideApril 20, 2015
Recruiter
Recruits, determines applicant enlistment eligibility, counsels applicants on enlistment programs and options, prepares enlistment applications and processes qualified applicants to enlist in the Army and Army Reserve; accounts for and prepares Future Soldiers for initial entry training implements and conduct Army awareness programs throughout an assigned area, maintains a network of influencers to include parents, educators and community officials in high schools and colleges, responsible for $45,000 worth of Government equipment.
Fast paced work environment with high energy work days
Development and Training Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYApril 20, 2015
Pros: Highly rewarding
Cons: Unpredictable work schedule
Very rewarding job.
Structured work day for multiple subordinates, to include daily tasks, meetings, and training practices/classes.
Fast Pace and taking initiative
Company Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: Learning something new everyday!
Cons: Time managing
Learning how to become a great leader and how to manage soldiers.
Get hands on training on what it is to be a Unit Supply Specialist
Learning good traits like accountability and managing personnel & organizational government property.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries