U.S. Army
23,417 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Never a dull moment
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), United StatesJuly 24, 2015
Full of opportunities to travel. Plenty of promotion potential. High risk of injury but the payoff is worth it. Support from the public is heartwarming.
travel the world
Gunner on ITV, T.O.W (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Travel, life long friends
Cons: early mornings
I was in the Army for 4 years and spent my days, training and my weekends traveling and seeing sights around Europe. The Army was where I GREW UP into a man and was rewarded with life lessons.
U.S. Army
Honor Guard Team Leader (Former Employee), LouisianaJuly 24, 2015
Best group of brothers and sisters you have ever found. Everyone actually wants to be at their job and contributing towards the end goal. I am proud of my service to my county
Daily missions but good work place.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJuly 24, 2015
Fun work place, very good co workers, but we also had difficult daily missions. Supporting multiple companies with supplies to complete their tasks and duties.
great benefits
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), FT HOODJuly 24, 2015
I believe that active duty in the Army is only for a few people. Although it has great health benefits for you and your family, the work hours every week could be 50 to 100 hours and there is no overtime pay. For a family you have to be real flexible with the type of hours your spouse may have to work. But also they do offer a lot of holidays so that's a plus.
Productive and Challenging Work Environment
Assistant Logistics and Operations Manager (S4) (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJuly 24, 2015
D Company provided an exciting place to challenge me. It taught me invaluable lessons about leadership and management. A constantly changing work environment pushed me every day to become a better leader of men. I loved supervising and training all my soldiers. They drove me to become a strong leader. The Army pushed me to develop all my organizational skills and to use multiple assets.
Job benefits vs experience
Transportation Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free physical training
Cons: Long hours
U.S. Army is one of the best organizations in the world. Work some days can be very stressful and strenuous at times but it is an organization that allows you to grow and work with others from all different – more... types of backgrounds. Provides leadership and managements skills that allow you to become a great leader. Hardest part of the job is being away from family for long periods of time but it's what makes you strong. My military experience is that the people you build with will always be family that is what I love most about my job. – less
Nothing on earth like the military experience
Personal Security Detail Team Member (Former Employee), Tampa, Florida & Tikrit, IraqJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Politics.
The military is a great place for a young person who doesn't have a grasp on their future.

If you are unsure what to do in life the military will allow you to find some great ideas.
great place
TRAFFIC ACCIDENT MANAGEMENT INVESTIGATOR (Former Employee), alaskaJuly 23, 2015
learned a lot through the army and would love to go back active duty. but it was time to go on to bigger and better things in life.
Great Career Options for anyone looking for skill development
NC2 Information Manager (Current Employee), Offutt AFB, NEJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Lessons learned from working as a Team
Cons: Don't always get to choose where you live. Time away from friends and family.
If you not set on attending college right out of high school and want to pursue an immediate entry level career, look into the Army. You advancement will primarily be based on your own performance. I had no intentions of making it a full on career, but 23 years later I realized I had.
The Army
Network Operator, CNWS (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 23, 2015
Not everyone will enjoy the army, I did for nearly 8 years. Overall lots of great training opportunities and a generally inclusive environment. Lots of ability to move if you don't like where you are.
Learning, mentoring and leadership.
Motor Transportation Operator (Former Employee), Various duty stationsJuly 23, 2015
Serving in the United States Army has been not only a great honor but a great opportunity as well. The Army is an outstanding organization to work for with a great team. Great place to learn responsibility – more... and teamwork. Teaches you to have values and grow not only personally but professionally.

Typical Day-
Workout, get ready for work, produce training materials and train peers their with verbal and written communication skills.

What I learned-
I learned that patience is key when training multiple students at once and that each have their own learning speed. I learn from my students as they learn from me.

Management-
Pro- Management has their own objectives and tasks and are required to maintain the standard given to them.

Co-Workers-
Always developing new ideas to train and implement training objectives for different work related situations.

Hardest part about the job-
Hurry up and wait.

Most enjoyable part about the job-
Work and home felt like family – less
GoArmy
68J (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 23, 2015
No specific review every experience is uniqe. Just keep your head down and charge on. Overall it was good for me. Not much else to say.
Mechanic in a motor pool
mechanic (Former Employee), ft. blissJuly 23, 2015
Typical day - 0630 to 0730 we do pt from 0730 to 0900 we do shower and eat and at 0900 we show up in the motor pool to work on vehicles or generators or whatever equipment needs to be fixed.
Productive organization
Intelligence Analyst/ Security Manager (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 23, 2015
Great leaders and opportunities for carrer advancement. There are always employees willing to help out to get the mission completed.
Army of One
Corporal (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Travel, Promotions, Friends. And duty to Country.
Cons: clothes
Great place to grow and play. Travel and experiences of a life time.
Growth and responsibilities worth having. Pride in one country.
interesting life experiences
Team Leader (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 23, 2015
definitely a learning experience changed many of my perspectives on leadership and management. Afforded me many more management strategies, which have made me a stronger leader.
Proud to be serving my country
NCO (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJuly 23, 2015
Proud to show my dedication while serving my country. Will always be proud to have served in the best military service in the nation.
Military
Military Police Officer/Special Forces (Former Employee), variousJuly 23, 2015
If you have the motivation and discipline to be the best that you can be the environment is great. The sky's the limit for persons willing to put in the hard work.
Greatest experience in my life
First Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 23, 2015
As being a member of the Armed Forces for 28 years of my life, I had the privilege to meet people work in different countries and travel the world. I also learned how to become a leader and a member of a team which became apart of my family. To help others and stand up for what's is right fight for one another and my country both in Deployments and in War. If I had to do it again I would.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries