U.S. Army

24.3K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

A nice place to work
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 29, 2015
The on the job and classroom training that you will gain from this program is invaluable. I would recommend any young graduate looking to get into sales or management to go through this program.
Physical training
Senior Squad Leader / Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), NewYorkAugust 29, 2015
very educational disciplained and planned work days, I was on several deployments, definitely need more education on PTSD and awareness of when soldiers need help
A very versatile and interesting job
Power generation equipment repairman (Former Employee), Wahiawa HawaiiAugust 29, 2015
Check all generators for leaks proper, working condition, and service list for all generators due for a service. Learning experiences include learning how to read schematics, warning signs of a malfunctioning engine, electrical wiring and proper preventative maintenance. Worked hand to hand with co workers as a team player with enthusiasm. The hardest part of the job was leaving family for months and years at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with my hands and repair diesel equipment.
Best place in the world to mature and learn about yourself
Communication Supervisor (Former Employee), Texas, Hawaii , GermanyAugust 29, 2015
A place where every American should go to learn to defend their country so that we can excel at learning to take orders as well as give them in the time of need
ARMY
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSAugust 29, 2015
I woke up to serve and before I went to bed satisfied knowing that I helped a fellow brother/sister in their circumstances. The hardest part of being a soldier is just being away from family.
Productive When Organized right
Food Service Specialist, Supply, Security (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, Ky, Schofield Barracks, HIAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Easy job, Assertive istructions to operate equipment
Cons: Unorganized at times
A typical day of work is normally is to be at the right place and the right time. Then once that is accomplished you do what you are told and when you are told.
A responsible job
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAAugust 29, 2015
The army was a great experience. It taught me things daily such as, teamwork and communication skills. It pushes you to work hard and to set goals and to reach them.
Good steady work
Defense Travel System Manager (Current Employee), Wahiawā, HIAugust 28, 2015
Work varies by MOS, but every Soldier is subject to Clerical, Janitorial, and landscaping work. Plenty of growth opportunities and assignments all over the world.
hooah
Specialist (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 28, 2015
i love the army and i love serving my country. it takes hard working great people to join the service we workout and work in our field
Hard working but enjoyable place
Specialist (Current Employee), Fort hood, txAugust 28, 2015
Pros: discounts, events, duty for your country, too much to list
Cons: too much to list
show up to work in the morning for physical activity, personal hygiene, show up to find out what your going to do for that day and work on it.

Co-workers are friendly most of the time yet professional.

hardest part of the job is following orders that don't make sense to you and pretty much having blind faith in your leadership most of the time.

most enjoyable part is the feeling of accomplishment
Challenging and an experiment
Recruiter (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARAugust 28, 2015
Pros: good team work amongst co workers
Cons: not enough company vehicles
Very challenging position especially for the location. Learned how to adjust and adapt. Co workers were an inspiration to me. We mentored and gave advice to each other. Hardest part of the job was trying to recruit people in that location due to lack of criminal records, education level, etc. The most enjoyable part was meeting people that really wanted to make a difference in their lives, but they could not pass the required test. Their motivation and determination put a smile on my face.
great teambuilding job
Bulk Fuel Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Health benefits
Cons: dont know where your going
typical day starts with looking over what vehicle I am in charge of to see if it needed anything to be repaired. I learned team building skills and how to refuel airplanes. The hardest part was having to get up early.
A Day in the Army
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 28, 2015
Long hours but the best camaraderie you will ever find. Easy work with decent pay. Pride in serving your country with low recognition.
Fullfilling work environment
Student (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAAugust 28, 2015
Working for US ARMY is a very fulfilling job, and a great experience. the support chain works very well and as long as you do your job, advancement is easy to do.
Building a brotherhood
E5 Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft. Lewis, WAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Working with my soldiers
Cons: Dealing with the politics
I learned how to lead soldiers and teaching them how to perform day to day tasks. I had really good leaders that taught me how to always improve myself and never settle for just satisfaction. I loved working with my guys there was no worry if the job got done or not. The hardest part keeping accountability for everyone while deployed to Iraq. The best part was knowing the job got done and everyone got home safely.
Great Benefits and Experience
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Medical and dental insurance
Cons: Deployments away from family
Coming out of high school there are a limited amount of careers that a young adult is able to pursue with no college education. The military provides a substantial amount of not only work experience but life experience as well. The benefits are terrific, including 30 paid vacation per year and full medical and dental coverage.
Traveled the world
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Smith, HIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Deployments
I learned leadership, dedication, respect, discipline and several other traits while serving in the Army. I traveled the world, ate different foods, learned different cultures, learned different languages, etc.
M1 Abrams Mechanic
M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSAugust 27, 2015
Challenging but rewarding. Learned a lot of technical skills as well the importance of education. Served in Irag which taught me there is a better way to live.
I highly reccommend all high schoold graduates do two years to get a trade and learn how to deal with situation in the real world
professional soldier (Former Employee), Killeen, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn a trade and how to deal with life
Cons: away from family and friends for long periods of time
Responsible for the personal and professional development of three new soldiers, that were assigned to unit, to keep them prepared for ground operations at all times. Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep, accountability of over 4 million dollars worth of equipment. Primary trainer in multiple tasks to include leadership, navigation and observation and health and welfare of soldiers
Great
Medical Clinic Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hunter Army Airfield, GAAugust 27, 2015
Served for 22 year and never regret my decision to serve. this is the best job you will ever have. If you are thinking of joining, do it.
Headquarters