U.S. Army
19,501 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Fire Direction Specialist (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 28, 2015
It was a great opportunity for me. After 7 years and got out all of the benefits have helped me get where I am today. I learned cohesion and mission first. Team work was the key in the military. Plus I got to travel the world.
US Army (Former Employee), KY, South Korea, Germany CA.January 28, 2015
Great job. Was taught self discipline. Learned management. Met some of the greatest people from all over the world
Highly engaging way of life.
Patriot missile systems operator (Former Employee), Elverson, PAJanuary 28, 2015
The U.S. Army was a great career path with endless educational opportunities. There's always room for personal improvement and advancement in this career.
US Army
Headquarters Platoon Sergeant and Fire Support NCO (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: the benefits are good, free health care for you and your family, the retirement program, and savings programs are excellent
Cons: you spend a lot of time away from family.
It gives young men and women a solid place to start and the rest is up to you. You get out of it what you put in to it. For those who are looking for a challenge in life and possibly a career. Either way, what ever occupational training you chose will it will give you a good place to start in a future career.
Logistics
Administrative Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum NYJanuary 28, 2015
• Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
• Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
• Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
• Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
• Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
• Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
• Keep records on the use or damage of stock or stock-handling equipment.
• Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
• Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
United States Army
R.O.T.C. Instructor (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: able to meet people of all ages and various cultures.
Cons: i wish that i could have stayed longer than twenty years.
This was one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever been in. I was able to travel and meet people from different countries and different cultures.
As a First Sergeant, I was very proud to serve and lead soldiers under my supervision. I feel that I made a 'positive' difference in their lives.
Challenging, Fun, Great Atmosphere
Staff Movements Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Sam Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: physical execsise, 1 hour lunch, diverse employees, advancement oppurtunities
Cons: extremely long hours at times, sometimes buerachratic
I enjoyed my time in the Military, the best part was it always gave me a challenge, I enjoyed the challneges. Great diverse employees make for great new friendships and interesting conversations. Although many percieve the military as being hard, it is not always like that and alot of the time depends on your level of commitment and attitude. It was fun for me for the most part.
U.S.Army
91B All-Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), South Korea, Kuwait, GeorgiaJanuary 28, 2015
Long hours, No presonal life outside of the army. good benifits
It was the Army
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort Lewis WashingtonJanuary 28, 2015
It is ok money when you are deployed overseas besisdes that not a wise carrer move
Learned many life lessons
Executive Manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 28, 2015
I've learned over the years the best thing you can learn to do ever is take it one day at a time and one small target closest to you at a time that is all. After ten years of service I have seen a lot of things and learned a lot I will carry with me the rest of my life. It was an overall positive experience.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), FT. Campbell, KY 42223January 28, 2015
There is always something to learn. A normal day consisted of troubleshooting and repairing vehicle faults. Everyday was a learning experience and another chance to enhance my skills.The best part of it all was the people. Everyone from supervisor to subordinate worked hand in hand to ensure jobs were done safe and efficiently.
IS THE ARMY
INFANTRYMAN / FOOD SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 28, 2015
You get what you get you either love it like me or totally hate it
Living a Dream
Vehicle Coordinator, Drill Sergeant, Instructor (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 27, 2015
I was up early and home late. It was a daily challenge to those who put their heart and soul into the job. It was more than a job, it was a way of life. I am retiring and I'm going to miss it terribly.
Practice Management in the Army
Practice Manager (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: working with various people, learning new technologies, and learning new aspects of various job roles
Cons: 2-3 year rotation, always on call (military), sometimes no breakfast nor lunch break
A typical day at work starts with arriving at 6 a.m. to open the facility. I start computers and check equipment throughout patient treatment rooms and axillary rooms to ensure everything is functioning prior to customer arrivals. I greet all employees and ensure all treatments rooms are properly staffed. I compile various supply reports, budget reports, and treatment reports. I liaison with other supporting agencies throughout the community providing readiness and referral care reports. I made sure I was accessible to all employees and vendors. I made a point to walk throughout the clinic different parts of the day to speak to everyone. Practice management in the Army has taught me to be flexible, to be adaptable, and to be personable. It was this job that I enjoyed the most. The hardest part of this job was leaving when I was honorably discharged.
U.S. Army Signal Officer
Signal Officer, Major (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great fringe benefits
Cons: long hours and deployments put a real strain on the family
The typical day at my job in the Army consisted of managing a team of 25 personnel to design, implement, and secure networks for up to 3,000 users on 18 different communications platforms.

I learned extensively about information technology management. I also learned about leadership and what it takes to successfully influence people to accomplish tough missions as a team. I learned about staff integration, and how modern technology requires an IT manager to be able to understand and add cohesiveness to all business functions within any element.

My co-workers were generally hard working professional who continually amazed with their discipline, commitment to the mission, and ability to have fun while doing so. There was a lot of camaraderie from the combined endurance of tough situations that is otherwise impossible to forge.

The hardest part of this job was to tactfully advise leaders that their goals and methods were having an adverse impact on the organization's ability to accomplish the mission.

The most enjoyable parts of the job included the satisfaction of doing something meaningful, honorable and worthwhile with many amazing people.
Wounderful organization
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: everyone is kind to one another
Very fast paced work. Members of the organization care about one another as well as taking care of the mission flawlessly.
Gained lots of skills and knowledge but ready for new challenges as a civilian.
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: excellent healthcare benefits, traveling the globe
Cons: extremely inconsistent work schedules with hardly any time to plan accordingly
A typical work day consisted of what the higher level command wanted completed. From training to operate successfully in combat, scheduled maintenance on equipment or advancing individual military careers through specific schooling. I became proficient in many areas to include leadership, accountability, management, concept of operations, Engineering and the importance of discipline. The hardest areas of the job was adjusting to constant change in management, schedules and missions. Being away from loved ones for years months or weeks at a time never being able to plan free time accordingly due to repeated uncertainties in my work schedule. Taking care of my subordinates, training them and watching them successfully perform duties in compliance with my instructions was easily the most rewarding and enjoyable part of my military experience.
stressfull
M1 Abrams Armored Crewman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 27, 2015
very stressful no time at home with family hard to transition from how ever has great benefits and great job security. work both inside and outside hrs range from 12-24 hr shifts
Appreciative Experience
Company Armorer (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: stable pay, many benefits
Cons: extreme micro-management
The best aspect I gained from the U.S Army is appreciation. I have experienced schedules that change more frequently that I ever expected, but instilled a discipline of punctuality. I have deployed, and learned how to perform under the most stressful situations, which makes me confident to to handle future jobs.

The hardest moments would be the separation and uncertainties of many days at a time. I now appreciate the more stable environment of a non-military job. Having a typical 8 to 5 business hours (or what have you), or a concrete idea and task for a job, fulfills my personality for being productive.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the teamwork, and the unique relationship that service members develop during his or her service.
High standard of discipline
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: dining facility located in proximity to the work place, as well as housing provided.
Cons: 20 hour work days, and long periods of time away from home.
Joining the military at a young age taught me how to be an adult in a high stress situation, working up to 20 hour physically demanding days, while maintaining a high standard of discipline, hygiene, and punctuality. While the military

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more