U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Sky is the limit
Ammunition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, CONovember 20, 2017
Being in the Army, You progressed as fast or as slow as each individual wanted. For the most part, superiors provided knowledge and skills to progress in the military as well as regular everyday living
Pros
job security, holdiays off
Never Again
E-4 11B, Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WANovember 20, 2017
Never again will i be subjected to unfair working conditions, terrible meals, and abusive leadership. The only gratification i retained from this career was the fact that i served for my country.
Very unique work environment
INFANTRYMAN (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXNovember 20, 2017
A typical day was chaotic at best. Each day has a different list of tasks to get done by the end of the day, they range from job specific training to cleaning up your duty area and many things in your 12 hour or longer days. I learned a lot about patience and respect and integrity while i was in.
awesome sauce
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDNovember 20, 2017
if your all about getting your D**k beat down in the dirt for little pay, then look no further then the United States Army. Save yourself and join the navy>
Pros
free daily workouts
Cons
bad pay
Great advancments available
Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GANovember 20, 2017
It was a great experience, love the benefits to included health care, dental, and vision for my wife and self. It also gave me a chance to see the world and experience new things and cultures.
Tough on the Family and Toxic Leaders
Platoon Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 20, 2017
There is a systemic issue with the promotion of toxic leaders. "Yes men" climb the ranks while those who are hardworking are not rewarded for their efforts.
United States Military
Corpsman (medical) (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SC, Bremerton, WA, Baton Rouge, LANovember 20, 2017
Being that I was in the military it gave me balance and structure, I would do it all over again if the opportunity presented itself. It got me ready for the future and real life, like a head start.
balanced and very structured place of business
Human resource specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 20, 2017
great career , lots of room for advancement and and endless amounts of opportunity. the people you work with will be the people you deploy wit. become your family and the people who will forever have your back.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
away a lot
Competitive yet family atmosphere
Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 20, 2017
Typical work day was fast paced.
Management fluctuated drastically with military movement and restructure.
Management did allow cross training to ensure all SMEs were trained in many fields.
Pros
working/learning lunches
The people were awesome.
11B/Army Honor Guard/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  WorldNovember 20, 2017
Show up early to do routine uniform maintenance and funeral operations sequences. Learned discipline, honor, sacrifice, dedication, and humility. I learned how to lead people effectively by pulling a little piece of leadership qualities from each of my past leaders. Being professional and composed in stressful situations is the vital requirement to be successful and remain alive.
Pros
The people
Cons
Pay, stressful, dangerous
Busy and very productive
Tank Crewman (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSNovember 20, 2017
Most days are fairly easy, except for when we go to the field or deploy.

Our leaders were very good, they focus on family a lot of times. We are constantly training and getting ready for any situation.
the US army was the best job i have ever had.
US army solider E4/ specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NY/ Toledo, OhioNovember 20, 2017
i enlisted into the US army and served in active duty for 3 1/2 years then switched to the Ohio army national guard for 3 1/2 years. the US army provided me with all i needed to complete each task and mission i was given by my superiors.
Pros
i was provided for and paid well.
Cons
long hours difficult environments and on occasion hostel people.
I miss working with the soldier
Control Accountable Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYNovember 20, 2017
A day at work is not all the time a rush. I learned to be a team player I was the NCOIC of the Warehouse. The culture was good because we have personal or different back grounds. The hardest part of the job is when you go deployed when you work long hours and you get that pay.
Pros
Team Playes
Cons
Passed My Knowledge
Loved working for the US Army
Unit Administrative Assitant (Former Employee) –  Hawaii, Kansas, Washington State, Etc..November 20, 2017
The United States Army is something I always wanted to do. It was my ultimate goal. I wouldn't have traded it for the world except that I had a family and had to honorably discharge to be there for my children as a single mother.
Pros
All of it
Cons
Not bething there for my children when I wanted to
Most enjoyable part of my job
Recruiting Station Commander (Current Employee) –  Sturbridge, MANovember 20, 2017
I get to speak to young men and woman about Army Opportunities, enlist them into the Army, and watch how my actions changed their lives once they get back from training.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Moving every 3 years
I loved serving this great nation
Team Leader/Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knightdale, NCNovember 20, 2017
I loved serving this great nation and I would've stay 30+ years had I been allowed to. unfortunately the career management field I chose had poor promotion potential and most soldiers retire as E-6.
Not a great place to work
Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 20, 2017
I learned a lot in the Army and it was an absolute wonderful thing for me as a person but overall I do not recommend the army to anyone who wants a fufilling job.
Benefits
Cons
Not a lot of time for regular life
The Army Life
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 20, 2017
The life in the army is not for everyone, You get up early do PT then you have to learn and maintain all your equipment the Army gives you. The Army is a competitive world you have to work hard to earn the ranks hire then SPC.
Honor
Test Administrator (Intermittent) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 20, 2017
Honorable, discipline, and commitment. The military is an experience within it's self. Join because the country needs you. What are you waiting for. Go !
prefer not
UH60 Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 20, 2017
The military is not a career. It's a way of life. If you're willing to sacrifice memories and time spent with your family, then it is not the life for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4