U.S. Army
15,137 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Serving your country is great
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee), louisianaJuly 4, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
great medical 30 days vacation a year great work environment and people college bebefits
• 3 languages documents translation services for the US Army.
Arabic, Kurdish and Turkmen Interpreter (Former Employee), Iraq kikkukJuly 4, 2014
• 3 languages documents translation services for the US Army.
• Meeting interpretations between the US Army and Iraqi Army, local government employees, local city council members.
• Provide Interpretation for the US Army projects inspection, funding auditing, micro grand projects and SOI funding.
• Main interpreter for the Air Reaction Force team in – more... Haweja.
• Iraqi Army and Pech “Kurdish Army” training full session interpretation “Medical, ambush, assault, roadside bombs deactivation and multi weapon training. – less
Productive workplace in which to meet new people
Night Vision Goggle Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 4, 2014
Wake up early and do physical training, personal hygiene, report for work, conduct any preventive maintenance on vehicle and equipment, management was well conducted by the supervisors and team leaders, co-workers were always a blast and fun to be around, hardest part was of the job sometimes was staying busy, and the most enjoyable part was doing what – more... I really liked doing which was fixing night vision goggles. – less
Sergeant (E-5) (Former Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 4, 2014
I maintained over 30 pieces of government property for myself and a team of 35 coworkers for over a year. I had zero losses and kept 100% accountability for over $20 million in U.S Government property. I handled all communications between the Platoon and Commander for a 12 month period in Afghanistan. I trained new employees who became outstanding leaders, – more... like myself. I led a crew of 6 employees which resulted in a tightly formed team, where everyone worked very well together. I was responsible for not only my actions, but the actions of my crew as well. – less
Work exerience
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bamberg GermanyJuly 4, 2014
Training and responsibilities. Working under pressure to ensure that you are capable to make rational decisions under a stressful environment.
I loved it
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKJuly 4, 2014
Pros: physical fitness, time management, and meaning
I was able to work as the Computer Specialist I am. I felt like I could figure the problem out because they did not constantly micro mange me. I was also able to gain some lifelong skills such as: time management and value of life. The army also gave me the best physical shape I have been in.
Great time
Tank Commander E-6 (Former Employee), GermanyJuly 3, 2014
Greatest life learning experiences.
Some of the best bonds for life will be made.
Unmatched job security, benefits, and pay.
New experience.
Armor Reconnaissance Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: job security.
Cons: a lot of training.
New experience. Helped me be more discipline and confident in my ability to lead.
Always enjoyable
Captain (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TexasJuly 3, 2014
I enjoyed this job immensely because of the day to day challenges and the always ever changing environment.
Good Learning experience
Material Handler Equipment Operator and Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Eustis, VAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good secure steady pay.
Cons: speratic work hours. early mornings, late nights
The Army taught me good work ethics and values. It gave me a chance to start out my life and learn skills that I will be able to use in my future career endevours.
Mission Oriented environment. Emphasis on adaptability to abrupt change and necessary mass movement of personnel.
Personnel Manager (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: meaningful service
Cons: possible difficulty re-integrating back into mainstream civilian culture.
Organization most impressive in the country and world. Has ability to train and repeat success procedures while learning from error of implication. Organization can mobilize abruptly with repeat results while sustaining maintenance of all equipment, personnel and functions.
Every mans dream job
Utilities Equipment Preparer (Former Employee), world wideJuly 3, 2014
Everything is good about it. Your fighting for your country so u can go wrong.
Fun, goal-oriented and unforgettable working environment in U.S. military supporting contingency operations in even hostile environments
Combat Medic (Health Care Specialist) (Former Employee), Fort Wainwright, AlaskaJuly 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn how to work in a stressful and pressurized working environment
Cons: lack of flexibility
7-8 months severe cold temperature with short summer season. Learned how to work individually and as a team member. Excellent leaders, peers and subordinates.
Fulfilling Experience
Battalion Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Riverdale, MDJuly 3, 2014
Pros: serving the united states of america
Cons: having to say goodbye to fellow service members
There's no greater feeling than being able to have the opportunity to serve with the men and women who are willing to risk paying the ultimate sacrifice to protect our country.
Great place!
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 3, 2014
Pros: benefits.
Cons: deployment and field training.
A morning of running, with a day filled with training. Management was always great and fun time with my co workers. Hardest part is deploying and training in the field but the most enjoyable part are all the holidays off.
great place to work
Infantryman (Former Employee), united statesJuly 3, 2014
maintain skills and great people to work with great school opportunity
productive
Truck Driver / Transportation Motor Operator (Former Employee), fort riley kansasJuly 3, 2014
I am a very hard working. I believe that the job is not complete until all task are finish. I am a quick learn and I love to help others if they need help to finish a task. I am punctual I believe to show up 15 minutes prior to work. I believe this would be the perfect job for me because I can work and also finish school.
A variety of experiences
Financial Management Officer (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits, fair promotion system, built in physical fitness time
Cons: unpredictable schedule, lack of freedom
The position(s) I have held/currently hold in the U.S. Army have given me the opportunity to learn how to operate in several different environments. A typical day at work depends on whether deployed or in the United States. Currently, my day starts at approximately 6:30, where I perform physical training between 7 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. The regular work – more... day begins at 9:30 a.m., and typically ends at five p.m., depending on the day's mission. Some weekends are lost due to work.

The Army's personnel management requires management to change every two years, so I have seen several types of management, from very laid back to micromanagement. – less
Recruiting
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: most rewarding job i ever had
Cons: na
This Is the best career you can have . I am ready to move on and use my leadeship and help new companies become sucessful
Very structured and outlined expectations.
Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKJuly 2, 2014
Pros: very diverse regions of the world, great benefits, availability for advancement and promotions
Cons: being away from home for long periods of time, stresses of combat, and very very fast work pace.
-Administrative work.
-Personnel counseling and developement.
-Conducted classes and blocks of instruction on standards of procedures.
-Trained and lead subbordinates.
-Physical readiness.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more