U.S. Army
22,818 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Good work place
Power Generator Repair Mechanic (Former Employee), Camp Casey, KoreaJune 29, 2015
It has great employee benefits, including vacation, sick leave, and health insurance. It also a fun place to work. However, you will meet all kind of people good or bad. Overall, it was a good experience to work for Army.
Wonderful experience and rewarding.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSJune 29, 2015
Pros: Health and insurance benefits.
Cons: Time away from family.
Supportive leaders that drive results. Professional work environment that emphasizes teamwork. Time away from family can be challenging. Health benefits are excellent.
It was ok
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), hawaiiJune 29, 2015
It was not the best place but not the worst. You will always have leadership in places that are not good leaders. I enjoyed my actual job just not my leadership. Health benefits are good. There is a lot of stuff that comes with being soldier so just be prepared for anything. Make sure you can control your anger because its all about respect in the military.
Best Job I Ever Had
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIJune 29, 2015
I joined the army to make a change in my life. Needed a new start and a new direction and I got those things and more. It was a challenge every step of the way of the results and the changes you make along the way are worth it. Made some of the best friends I've ever had and had some of the greatest experiences of my life.
Experience
Health Care Specialist/Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 29, 2015
The Army will prepare you for a lot of jobs and give you good life experiences. You can travel to many different places and meet a lot of different people. The pay is not that great but the health benefits make up for it.
Competive work environment with exceptional potential to learn.
Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AlaskaJune 29, 2015
During my time with the Army I was able to develop ideas into practical exercises. Enabling me to learn with a hands on application.

Working in the Army enhanced my ability to develop team cohesivness and effectivness. Operations were designed to encompass everyones effort.

I was fortunate to serve many positions in the US Army as an Infantry Officer, all of which benefited myself and the unit.
It's a way of life
IT Specialist/ Network Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 29, 2015
Work in numerous roles and learn on the job training. Typical day was working with Commanders and lower enlisted personnel; A senior network/project manager proven successful in the most challenging assignments; Career highlighted by success and constant achievement resulting in daily efficiency to ensure smooth operations as well as save service members’ lives and equipment; Recognized for outstanding leadership and calm demeanor under pressure by Superior Officers
Productive and a great palce to work
Recruiter (Current Employee), North Carolina / MarylandJune 29, 2015
Working for the Army for the past 17 years was the best decision I have ever made. It has taught me so much about myself and others. The leadership skills and self discipline that were instilled in me from day one are priceless.
Productive environment with which to learn and grow.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJune 29, 2015
Day to day operations were usually routine. Coworkers and management alike fostered an atmosphere of mutual respect.
Not everyones cup of tea
Small Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKJune 29, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: risk vs reward
Exercise, Train, Organize, Manage

Exercise every morning, accountability of people and equipment Day/week/month/year, following orders, giving orders
nothing like working for uncle sam
45G electronic repairer (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJune 29, 2015
get in shape and learn a trade. glad i was able to go through the experince. i had the time of my life. go army. get up early doing PT. doing the job i was trained to down. then go home and relax , unwind
Great place learn to start acareer in whatever you chose to pursue. Excellent place to learn displine,Work ethic,How to responsible,ect.
Specialist / E-4 (Former Employee), Fort Eustis,VA. and Fort Leonardwood, MO.June 29, 2015
Pros: Being a soldier for the United States
Cons: Being away from family
Training all day long with of course Physical Training in the early morning. Learned to operate all kinds of Heavy equipment 55T Crane, 10,000 lb. Forklift, 50,000 lb. Cargo Handler, Hagglund Crane. Management was very supportive, Co-worker were very well trained and professional. Being away from family. Being able to maybe some day have a chance to defend the United States of America as I did during Desert Shield,Desert Storm.
It is a great honor to be part of the United States Army national guard.
E-4 Specialist (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Job advancement, Leadership, Respect, Honor, Promotion, Discounts
Cons: Part-time, Physically fit is required at all times
I loved being in the military to serve the country, and at the same time continuing to leave as civilian. This organization has been great experience for me. It made me become a better person. I became a more responsible, self discipline.
Great benefits and opportunities
PFC (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Time away from home
Very hard work and not for everyone. Learned to appreciate my time with my family. Trainees that do not belong in the military are made apparent within the first week of training. Hardest part is the weather and being away from home for months at a time.
productive but demanding work enviorment
Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJune 28, 2015
I love the Army, but it is time to move on to bigger and better things. I would speak nothing but good things of the military.
Hard Work
Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Time Consuming
Working for the Army is difficult. You have to learn to adapt to constant changes. You may not even to the job you learned, it is whatever they need you to do.
Friendly co-workers
Linguist (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJune 28, 2015
People was doing everything as a team work and it was the most enjoyable part of my job. everyone was friendly and i have learned a lot from my job.
Great
11bravo paratrooper (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJune 28, 2015
Great place to work and an amazing place to earn a skill set. I wouldn't give it back for anything! I loved it. It's a hard life. Management is great. Coworkers were great. Hardest part is getting back what you lose. Parachuting was the best.
The Army Life
Section Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKJune 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was that I the opportunity to advance and develop myself on a daily basis. I would not be who I am without the Army.
US Army
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Shaw AFB, SCJune 28, 2015
Pros: Compensation, travel, experiences, meeting good people
Cons: Having bad leaders, confusing regulations, irrelevant tasks.
Awake or asleep. On duty or off, you are a Soldier. That is all that really matters. A task is given, you complete it. The good days out number the bad but the bad people seem to out number the good. You learn a lot about working with others and accomplishing a task regardless of what it is.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries