U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 29,548 reviews matching the search
Fast Past constantly changing
U.S. Army Telecommunications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 28, 2016
The U.S. Army is a very fast paced constant change career. It sometimes is very stressful but also very rewarding. The major downside to being in the Army is being gone from loved ones for long periods of time.
Pros
Plenty of days off
Cons
Contantly being gone from family months and sometimes years at a time
The United States Army is a very challenging and rewarding career.
Recruiting Company Commander (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 28, 2016
As an officer in the United States Army the majority of your job is to provide leadership and management to Soldiers in order to accomplish the mission on behalf of the United States of America. The skills I learned in the Army have made me a more well rounded professional and leader.
Review
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Shafter, HIApril 28, 2016
Loved the military. It's your family that you never turn your back on. Everyone is always there for you when you need them.
great place
Instructor Writer (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAApril 28, 2016
Great Leadership under this command the people were hard workers and I loved the Soldiers I lead and mentored if I had the chance I would do it again
Pros
Family fun
Cons
away from home
good training
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAApril 28, 2016
served for 6yrs got promoted to sgt. had a chance to travel all over the world if giving a chance i would do it all over again made me the good man i am today
Pros
very good training
Extremely Professional
Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 27, 2016
The units I've been in i enjoyed and my Soldiers and myself were always training or learning something new as either a Squad or A Platoon.
Pros
A great group of guys, diverse work conditions
Cons
need more range time
Fond Memories
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 27, 2016
It sucked while I was in, but looking back on my experiences it helped me grow as a person and become successful after I got out.
Pros
Benefits, free food
Cons
Poor management
A day in the life
Career Counselor (recruiter) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 27, 2016
A typical day as a Career counselor is educating the community about the benefits of joining the U.S. Army. During my time working as a Career Counselor I've learned that there are jobs out there for everyone and that I can help anyone. I've learned how to manage large projects with numerous individuals working with me, keeping in mind that we all have different ideas and different ways to make those ideas into a reality. I value my co-workers opinions and their ideas being mindful that there's more than one way to achieve our goal so that we may work well together as a team. The hardest part of my job are those days spent away from my family and I'd say the most enjoyable part of my job are the days when the project is completed, I've used multiple ideas from my team and the finished product is what's best for the client.
Pros
30 Days Paid Vacation, Health Benefits, 1hr 30 min Lunch, Camaraderie
Cons
Time away from family
Serving in US Army for Ten Years
UH­60 Blackhawk Technical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work for the US Army could be either stressful or extremely stressful depending on how you handled stress. I learned a lot about myself and others for the Army has a lot of different cultures working and serving. Management could either be very good or just very poor depending on what location you are at. My co-workers most of them are great and we lean on each other to get the job done. The hardest part of the last ten years was the time away from home, I have a family that I have missed so much. I do not regret it for it taught me and my wife that we are strong and we can do it. It was just time for me to go and seek better opportunities else where in life.
Great experience and life training
Heavy Weapons Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYApril 27, 2016
a normal day in the army you wake up before the sun go out do your physical training come in for your hour breakfast then return to work for your task of the day and usually end around 5:00 p.m.; you learn many skills such as: time management, inventory, self purpose, team building, leadership and the list goes on and on. Co-workers is really a hit or miss so many people working together from so many different backgrounds your going have confrontation, but at the end of the day your all still family and have the common understanding and respect for one another. The hardest part about the Army is the stress and being away from loved ones having to miss holidays, weddings, and even funerals, but you still find interest and love for the job. The most enjoyable thing about the army is the sense of honor and pride that comes with the job it allows you to learn who you are and what you stand and believe in.
Pros
hour breakfast and lunch
Cons
long hard hours
great 6 years of my life
Senior Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYApril 27, 2016
the army is a amazing company that takes care of its soldiers. it provides full health care while serving on active duty. with competive wages.
Great Experince
Maintenance Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIApril 27, 2016
Being a part of the U.S. Army has been an extremely rewarding experience. It has taught me some very valuable lessons in life when dealing with adversity and stressful situations. It has given me the tools to succeed in life and in any situation that may come up in the future. I really enjoyed being able to travel and being able to experience new culture and meeting people from all walks of life. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Very long hours
Productive place to work
Requisitions and Parts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  JBLM, WAApril 27, 2016
Able to learn many skills and develop a cohesive team focused on completion of the mission. Able to learn how to plan task to maximize effectiveness of time and resources.
Pros
Unit cohesion
Cons
Deployments
loved the military
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKApril 27, 2016
i recommend everybody joins and does the minimum of 4 years. Theirs really nothing i can say bad about the army. The work days go buy fast when your busy, leadership helps you further yourself to be successful. Made me a leader and able to guide others and have my own team to work with and make sure the job gets down safe, fast and done right the first time.
Pros
discipline
Cons
locations
improvment
Lunguist (Former Employee) –  USApril 27, 2016
good place for learning and improvement and make more friends
NATO always help war zone country,

I cant not explain about my job one by one because
it is not allow for people whom worked with NATO
with respect this question is not apply to me all I can say
we did help Afghan government and afghan people for better society and safe place for better future .
Pros
nice people arround
Cons
unsave place
Commitment and responsibilty required
Senior Public Affairs Manager (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAApril 27, 2016
An organization for strong minded professionals who want to be part of a multifaceted organization with potential for education, travel, promotion and a great retirement program – if you last.
U.S. Army
Field Artillery (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 27, 2016
Was in the army for 2 1/2 years went to Afghanistan and was injured. Worked in the Field Artillery and supported multiple operations in support of Operation Enduring Freedom
Pros
best place to build lifetime friendships
Cons
very productive, plenty of exercise
S-4 Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYApril 27, 2016
I learned a lot about being a Man in the Army. I met a lot of people from various backgrounds and became good friends. There I obtained part of my education
Pros
Learned valuble skills once your tour ended
Cons
A posibility of War
Productive worke place
Small arms, Artillery Repairman (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYApril 27, 2016
The Army is a very beneficial job with great resources. Many pros and cons to this job. Such as demanding and flexible hours, heavy lifting, heavy lifting, and more.
great place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 27, 2016
There's always work a lot of great people to meet potential to travel around the world also potential to grow and go to school and its up to you who far you can go in your career.

4.4