U.S. Army Employee Reviews

The place to go if you don't have other options.
Army Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VADecember 14, 2017
Hurry up and wait. If you don't get it now, you will once you're in.

Make sure you get the most out of your contract that you can, because your life is potentially on the line.
army
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WADecember 14, 2017
I would say if you love doing something new daily, this is the job for you. I met new people that was friends and turned into family. These people are still in my life til this day.
Tough Environment
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VADecember 14, 2017
If you're joining for benefits or payment, you're doing it wrong. It sounds trite, but you need to do this for a higher calling to succeed at this. This will either show you what you do or don't want to do as a career.
Productive work place good working envirment great people to work with team building and bonding
Army (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYDecember 14, 2017
The Army was a very fun and thrill seeking job never new what you would be doing it was always something different which i liked. Also very fun work place you get real close to the guys your with and its always a good time. very good health benefits and job security. The Army opened up a lot of doors for me i now have 4yrs of free collage and and i get point preference on a lot of jobs and there's tons of other VA benefits you can get after the military
Pros
Paids days off, Fun work enviroment, Great benfits, Decent pay
Cons
Gone alot, Poor leadship sometimes
great place
Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALDecember 14, 2017
great place, long days, lots of chances for training and advancement, management good most of the time, great culture, lots of travel, international travel.
your a pawn
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GADecember 14, 2017
The military life was okay but your away from your family, only make 800 dollars a month to start, when you get back from war either your wife cheated or unappreciated.
Pros
uniform
Cons
too many to tell
Army good at getting people to better themselves as a indivual
Unit Supply Specialist (92Y) (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LADecember 14, 2017
Army good at getting people to better themselves as individual. The army has great benefits like dental, healthcare, payed vacation, and the GI Bill. You get to serve for your country.
Pros
Paid vacation, healthcare, dental, and ect
Cons
Manitory briefings, manitory online classes, and ect.
Workplace environment
Command Post Node operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZDecember 14, 2017
The workplace environment is very hectic and busy. Your fellow service members and leaders will push you to do better. There is always room for promotions and advancement. The workplace is always diverse. The Army workplace is unlike any other. The culture and the sense of belonging is great. You meet people from all over the world.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Subpar leaders, sense of entitlement
great work place
Cable Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  FORTHOODDecember 14, 2017
the army has been build me to the person i am today. i was taught how to work with people from different back ground and different walks of life . i love the army
Very Productive
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYDecember 14, 2017
As an aircraft mechanic, I learn how to paid attention to detail and get the job done a right time. I am also reliable in accountability which is something you do a lot in the military. inventory is another big task we do every day after completing a maintenance. I am very productive and like to work with a team.
Must be dedicated
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYDecember 14, 2017
The Army is not for the weak of mind or spirit. If you are able to buy into the environment and develop the mindset that no one cares about your opinion, and you are there to do your job and do it well, then you will enjoy your time there.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
long work hours and you can't quit
MY duties as a Food Service Operations Sergeant
Food Service Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Drum, NYDecember 14, 2017
Performs duties as the Food Operations Sergeant Company responsible for the supervision, training and welfare of one noncommissioned officer and two personnel; accountable for field feeding equipment in excess of $270,000 dollars; establishes operating and work procedures, inspects dining, storage areas and dining facility personnel. Determines subsistance requirements; requests, receives and accounts for subsistence items. Prepares, cooks and serves food in a field or garrison environment. Provides technical guidance to lower grade personnel in garrison and field kitchen operations.
Its the Army
E4 Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 14, 2017
The job environment can range from either being high-paced to a relaxed one.Promotion can depend on different circumstances such as: time in service, behavior, PT, school, etc.
Enjoyed my service
Soldier/Human Resources NCO (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYDecember 14, 2017
Being a Soldier was all I ever wanted to do so when I was able to join 2 weeks out of High School I did. Over 21 years later I retired and loved every minute I served.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Long hours away from home and family
U.S. Army
Department Head / Instructor, LSU (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 14, 2017
Unlimited advancement opportunities. Multiple career paths that offer travel, education and diversity. Constantly seeking leadership development as well as job related proficiency development.
Productive, hard working environment.
Sgt (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 14, 2017
Army life was very busy, there were lots of deployments and many training days. That said it was the best experience of my life, a normal day would be mentoring, and counseling co workers, and a lot of paperwork. The best thing about it is the sense of accomplishment that I received from seeing my subordinates become excellent soldiers, mentors and leaders themselves.
Fast paced, alot of diversity
13B Cannon Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIDecember 14, 2017
Amazing job experience, highly recommend joining and serving a contract. Benefits are amazing and you wont find another job that is so organized and easy to succeed in.
Pros
Bah, Bah, Tutiins assistance, healthcare
Cons
Long hours, Physically demanding
Typical Military
Personnel Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baden-WürttembergDecember 14, 2017
Monday to Friday had to participate in Physical activity before work hours. Worked in HR for a Battalion sized company. Worked with the company level HR personnel when information was needed to process actions for employees within their company.
Best job I ever did, my job had an impact on everyone in the world
NCOIC Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KS / GermanyDecember 14, 2017
The is not for everyone, but it was a good fit for me. I gained valuable experience in many areas. Vast areas covered from electronics to medical to logistics. Everything moves toward a leadership management position.
Pros
Rewarding carreer
Cons
Service has little choice of duties
Army
Communications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KY 42223December 14, 2017
The U.s. Army is very structured organization. The U.S. Army goal is instill in all person to be a structured, disciplined as well as focus individual. This is a very stressful place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4