U.S. Army
17,249 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

NONE
US ARMY (Former Employee), N/AOctober 16, 2014
IN THE ARMY IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE I LEARNED ALOT HOW TO BE DISCIPLINED A GOOD LEADER ETC
Proud of representing our nation. Exciting and seeing many parts of the world and meeting people from different countries.
Vulcan Air Defense Supervisor/Senior Gunner/Driver (Former Employee), Hawaii was my last duty station.October 16, 2014
Pros: job security and benefits.
Cons: leaving my family alone for a extent time.
Prepared and maintained equipment/supplies, made sure my troop was doing their job.

I learned to make decisions based on its priority and I also made sure I met all safety requirements

Follow the change of command at all times.

Responsible for my troop's safety, and duties.

Leaving my family for an extended period of time.

Traveling and living – more... in different countries/states. – less
all around teamplayer
13B Artillery (Former Employee), fort texasOctober 16, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: many times you don't get a break
delivering furniture takes many different ways to perform job and you learn a lot of way to get the job done
Strategic work enviornment
Cargo Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Eustis Va.October 16, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: deployment
A typical day at work was 5 am until, I learned the value of life and great leadership skills, Management was tough. My fellow co workers came from all walks of life but we built a long lasting team. The hardest part of my job was deploying,the most enjoyable part of my job was deploying.
Loved driving truck
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Germany, Ft Eustis, Ft Campbell, Ft KnoxOctober 16, 2014
love the work environment and the co-workers but can be long days and extended periods from home
Rewarding career with many opportunities.
Traffic Accident Investigator U.S. Army (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYOctober 16, 2014
The U.S. Army is a rewarding career with multiple opportunities for advancement and travel. I learned valuable leadership and management skills while serving.
I loved the army.
Networking Systems (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: pay, 'team' mentality, clear standards and communication.
Cons: very physically and mentally strenuous at points.
I would recommend the Army or any branch of the armed forces to anyone. I think it builds strength, character and integrity. It also teaches you valuable life skills.
IT Specialist
25B Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Anchorage, AkOctober 16, 2014
Pros: getting experience early in career
Cons: lack of good leadership
My day start early with PT every morning for me and my fellow soldier can stay fit to fight. After I head to office check emails, trouble tickets, and make sure my battalion is good on digital communication. Also check and make sure my soldier's know there duties for the day. What I have learn is to become a better leader and to be professional in any – more... situation. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a issue with either hardware or software and figuring out the solution so I can share it with my peers. – less
Great Experience fighting for my Country
Sargeant - (E-5) Team Leader (Alpha Team) (Former Employee), ft. Carson, coloradoOctober 15, 2014
Infantryman. learned about good leadership skills, providing security for equipment, personnel etc.
Excellent
AFATDS Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 15, 2014
Everything was enjoyable, co-workers were excellent, benefits were top-notch.
Doing great things for god and country
Infantryman (Former Employee), WatertownOctober 15, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: the constant sense of danger
We awake up at 5am every morning, exercise then train. How to properly fire and clean almost every weapon system (small arms to heavy), trained in advanced first aid, training in explosives, training in map reading, make knots, and survival training. Leadership was effective. My co-workers were some of the best men I've ever met. Being shot at was every – more... subpar. Most enjoyable part of this job, protecting the american people from foreign threats. – less
Excitement everyday at work. A job i will never forget and will cherish for the rest of my life.
Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great brotherhood, great benefits, incomparable experience.
Cons: no time for self sometimes, away from family.
Way to much to write but i will explain in person, but i will say that its the greatest experience I've ever done. Just to learn in the fastest pace anyone can go in any job in the world. I learned my job fast and did my job better. To also learn a lot about myself was a great feeling and to have more confidence that i have.
A good experience
Field Artillery Tactical Data Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood , TXOctober 15, 2014
- A typical day in the US Army when not deployed would consist of PT training (workouts), followed by 9 work call where our leadership would go over the tasks/training needed to be done that day.
- I learned a variety of skills ranging from learning the ins and outs of multiple weaponry to leadership skills
- The hardest part of the job I would have – more... to say would be basic training
- Most enjoyable part would be that feeling of getting back to the states upon my return from deployment to Iraq. – less
Discipline and the ability to lead.
Signal Support System Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COOctober 15, 2014
There is no typical day in the army. The army gave the chance to prove that I am a leader. The hardest part about being in the army is leaving my family for long a period of time.
Exciting place to work but suffered from issues with bureaucracy do to size.
Nodal Network Technician (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, North CarolinaOctober 15, 2014
Pros: quick advancement, job security, financing for school, healthcare
Cons: highly bureaucratic, long hours, irregular schedule
Review:

• Early day with either a lot or nothing to do.

• I learned to push myself physically and to adapt to changing conditions.

• Due to its size it suffers from a disconnect between upper and lower management.

• Due to its size employee evaluation and selection is limited.

• I found it most difficult to operate effectively inside a highly bureaucratic – more... system.

• I found the physical exercise and level of responsibility the most enjoyable. – less
I grow up as a Soldier
Watercraft Engineer (Former Employee), Ft. EustisOctober 15, 2014
The Army gave me discipline and a skill set that has carried me my adult life.
Fun and challenging with alot of personal growth
Police Officer/Drone Pilot/Supervisor (Former Employee), Various LocationsOctober 15, 2014
During the 10 years of service, being with in the Army I was gifted with a lot of personal growth, education, amazing training, had the ability to work with both bad and good leaders. That allowed me to learn how be mold my management skills for a better work environment for others that have worked for me.
Technical Career
Field Artillery Firefinder Radar Operator (Former Employee), Hinesville, GAOctober 15, 2014
Maintain and operate the equipment. The individual or Section is in charge of maintaining the equipment readiness at all times.
A job that demanded a lot of time and help gain the ablity to adapt.
Helicopter Mechanic/ Supply administrator (Former Employee), Fort drum NYOctober 15, 2014
From day one to the last day was a great learning benefit of my self and other in all types of conditions an environments.
Hardest part about the job was giving up time an being really flexable.
The most enjoyable part about the job was what I did and how it matter to so many.
Average workday in the rear
Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYOctober 15, 2014
Physical Training in the morning
Equipment Maintenance and Occupational Training
Hands on activities

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more