U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,120 reviews matching the search
Good oppertunity to grow
19D Cavalry Scout (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 19, 2016
What you put into it you get out of it. Gives you opportunities to grow and develop yourself. I would recommend this to anyone who seeks a challenging career.
Very productive workplace
AUTOMATED LOGISTICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at work for me would start off with Physical Training at 06:00 for an hour or more. Afterwards, I'd report to my office in the motorpool at 08:50. From there, I'd attend a daily maintenance meeting with my Maintenance Officer and my mechanics. Then, I'd go to my office, run my daily reports, order/track parts for my mechanics, see what automated equipment was due for service, dispatch vehicles to multiple soldiers, visit the warehouse to receive the parts that I ordered, then report back to my office in the motorpool to check my parts in, inform my maintenance officer, then hand out the parts required for the vehicles to my mechanics. Sometimes, I'd train other Supply Techs in other units to do the same tasks and also every every Wednesday, I'd attend a battalion maintenance meeting with my Maintenance Officer. I was on high demand, so at times I'd work late hours. This would happen more often when other units would deploy, thus leaving me to control their equipment as well as my unit's equipment.
Pros
Steady/Liveable Paycheck, Paid Leave, Meeting people from everywhere, Helping Others and being Appreciated
Cons
A few of the clinics were a Joke, The Mission always comes first no matter what, Some enforced the regulations but didn't follow them
Productive Work
Cargo Specialist/ Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 19, 2016
Self-motivated individual offering a strong work ethic and determination to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner, accurate and detail-oriented with extensive warehouse and clerical knowledge.
Pros
us army
Cons
us army
Life changing
Field Artillery Tactical Data System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 19, 2016
I loved every moment being in the Army. I matured and found what I wanted in life. I met people and made friends that I will never forget. Unfortunately, the officers and leadership in my unit didn't focus on what's best for the soldiers and families of those soldiers but instead to further their own careers, which made me not want to pursue a career in the military. I will never forget what I have been taught and what I have seen and will continue to live the Army values.
Pros
Job security, most services provided
Cons
Bad leadership
Great Experience.
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJuly 19, 2016
Enlisting in the Army was the greatest decision I ever made, I learned self-discipline, self-motivation, and the effects that tough love can have on molding you. A typical day involves PT at 0630, work call at 0900 and depending on your job, getting home at a decent hour. Management varies depending on where you're stationed and who is in charge of you. I learned so much about myself and really developed in to an effective leader. The diversity within service is amazing and unmatched, you build a sense of brotherhood that I personally believe you can never get in any other job area. The hardest part of the job is having little to no control on where you'll be working, or how long you'll be there. The most enjoyable part of my job is the day-to-day mission, ever changing and challenging.
Pros
Free College, Free Meals, Uniforms Provided, Personal Development
Cons
No control over duty station, toxic leadership, communication
Logistical Operations, Personnel Management
S-3 Plans Officer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 18, 2016
Logistical Operations, Personnel Management.
Responsible for the preparation of plans, orders and estimates and for the reviewing
of each Unit Status Report and ensuring accurate submission. Prepare contingency
plans, operational data and reports to ensure compliance with directives and
Commander's intent. Track and monitor S-3 suspense reports. Set up and establish
G-3 operations during the 451st ESC reactivation. Establish SOPs in areas of
mobilization, USR, Recruiting, Personnel Management and Organizational Management.
Pros
Fast paced fun work environment
Cons
Leadership turnover
Work and trained hard while having a great time with co-workers.
Construction Engineer Specialist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 18, 2016
Morning physical training. Go to work. Off by 5pm. no weekend work unless you had duty or in the field training.
Great leaders. Always training their soldiers.
Hardest part of the job. Deploying and leaving your family behind.
Enjoyable part of the job was you had friends and leaders looking out for each other and always training and making fun while learning.
Pros
Education, Benefits, Time off and vacation.
Cons
Long Hours but worth the experience.
A professional organisation that prepares individuals to adaptable, with a peerless work ethic.
Avionics Mechanic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 18, 2016
A typical day starts off with physical training. I have had the pleasure of working in an environment that is fast paced and diverse. Supervisors allow you the flexibility to do your job while supervising and safeguarding the welfare of those around you. It was an honor to be a part of this awesome organization, and I do look forward to serving both this organization and this country in an effective capacity. The hardest part of this job is the necessary separation from family at times, however, the camaraderie that I experienced during these times is something that I will never forget.
Pros
Numerous benefits.
Cons
Separation from family and irregular work hours.
U.S. Army
HH-60L / UH-60L Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 18, 2016
It ins't for everyone. By far the greatest experience of my life and if I had the chance to join again, I would. Join and you'll find out.
Get paid to work out
Health Care Specialist (68w) (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 18, 2016
Working out in the morning. Learned how to take orders well. Easiest job there is just do what your told. Cared for soldiers in my company.
Pros
Shoot variety of weapons
Cons
Lots of hurry up and wait
Not to bad
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 18, 2016
Work all day in the heat and up at 4am to start the job. good workout and great way to become a better person. Great training and you know your job and how to do it will.
I love the Army
Student Athlete Graduate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 18, 2016
i love my job in the army, i protect and serve the United States and I believe in everything it stands for. i typical day starts at 4am training and tactical work and ends about 9pm.
Love being in the Army
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lewis, WAJuly 18, 2016
There is no typical day in the Army. My peers were great to work with, my supervisors were well respected. I enjoyed going in every day. I cannot think of a better way to serve my country.
Pros
Excellent people to work with
Cons
draw down
Ok
Fire Finder Radar Chief (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 18, 2016
Its a lifestyle if you do not adapt you will be kicked out fast. No real room for freedom of speech and some individuals are hard to work for.
U.S. Army
Brigade Support Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 18, 2016
Excellent experience withe an incredible amount of opportunities to explore. I've been able to travel the entire country and learn so much. I wish I could stay in the Army longer but I'm hitting a glass ceiling with my rank.
Pros
The military can be greatest way to make a career
Cons
Deployments can wear on you when away from the family
Excellent experience
Multinational Logistics Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCJuly 18, 2016
I am so grateful to the US Army for the invaluable experiences that I have had in my 6 years. I've learned about myself, about others and the criticality of humility and humor. I enjoy leadership and look forward to the new adventure that the civilian world holds.
Its an honor to serve those that serve.
Director of Clinical Affairs & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 18, 2016
I am fortunate to have been a member of various staffs in organizations that have dealt with workforce reduction, conflict resolution, and crisis management. These experiences have prepared me to take on any challenge.
Pros
Great leadership opportunities
Loved it
Training Manager, Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYJuly 18, 2016
The only reason I left the army is because I was forced out through the med board process. The pay was steady and the benefits were great.
The military
Geospatial Intelligence Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 18, 2016
The military isn't cut out for everyone. I joined at a young age, and was afford the ability to serve before the wars. The military is hard on family life, but at the same time allowed for me to provide for my Wife of 20 years and 3 boys. Until recently never worring if I would get paid and knowing that what I was doing was for a bigger reason than just myself.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
LONG LONG hours
Fun Workplace
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJuly 18, 2016
Leading troops to formation and to the field for training. Giving classes on different weapons systems and basic Infantryman qualities. Training to better myself and other soldiers as a unit to get ready for deployment and to become more proficient at my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4