U.S. Army
19,364 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

great shop
92A, Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 21, 2015
There are a lot of benefits for your family. Room for advancement. Great experience. Meet new people. Helps you mature and become a leader. Various cultures and job opportunities.
Great opportunities for career choices.
Cable Systems Installer/Maintainer (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
The Unites States Army is great in some ways depending on your leadership. You get to travel and learn different cultures. Great benefits and career advancement opportunities.
Productive and friendly work environment
Horizontal construction Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Productive and friendly work environment that focuses on productivity and competency. Meeting with customers, mostly soldiers to help them in ant out process the Military base was fun to do. The management was knowledgeable and my co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help at soldiers that were in needs. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to continue to serve my fellow soldiers even after being injured.
N/A
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: extremely high-paced, rewarding experiences
Cons: stress-inducing
I cannot provide many details about my actual job as it is covered under my NDA. However, my co-workers were great people. The workplace was a melting-pot of different cultures and ethnic backgrounds all working together for a common goal.

The hardest part of the job was the pressure. With numerous multi-million dollar assets under our control, it was my team's duty to ensure our mission objectives were met as efficiently as possible. Ironically, that was also the most enjoyable part of the job. We performed above and beyond the exceptions of our superiors so much so, that many of our operating procedures and guidelines were implemented throughout the entire area of operations.
Great organization offering over 200 different career fields
Detailed Army Recruiter (Former Employee), Beckley, WVJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free medical, dental coverage, 30 days paid vacation annually, every national and federal holidays off, . frequent 3 day and 4 day weekends, money for education, unlimited access to seek self-improvement
Cons: possibility of deployment, time away from family
Typical work day would start off with Physical Training for 1 hour. Report to work at 0900hrs. Take lunch at 1130hrs and report back to work at 1300hrs (1p.m.). End of day comes at 5pm. (1700hrs) Jobs offer unlimited means for advancement and additional duties and responsibilities. I learned a plethora of knowledge and skills I can use throughout the rest of my life.
Army life
Supervise/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: working with a diverse group of people, great job training and overall skill training
Cons: always on call, 24 hours shifts
Waking up to do physical fitness.After that the day includes cleaning gear and equipment and making sure its up to standard. Filling out paperwork for monthly reviews. Making sure subordinates are taken care of psychically and mentally. Handling tasking that come down from higher which can include: guard duty, landscaping and area, mandatory prevention training, equal opportunity training.
GREAT
A.G. (Former Employee), FT.Bliss, EL Paso TXJanuary 21, 2015
The U.S. Army was a great experience and there's nothing else like it in the world. I would go back if i could. I wouldn't change a thing.
Solid work enviroment with excellent benifits.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), JBLM, WaJanuary 21, 2015
Work on a computer handling important information such as personnel's SSN, Baning information, and keeping track of everyone who is traveling around the world.

i have learned to be dedicated and self motivated. I learned security, management, paperwork, and many other small and large skills. I enjoy working with other people.
A lot of skills gained but overall very stressful
Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: healthcare, college
Cons: command, stress
Daily we learn new skills and management processes, how to be efficient and a leader among the tasks we are given. Co workers are from all around and you meet a wide variety of cultures. The most enjoyable part is knowing at some point and time you could always learn something new.
loved it
CBRN (NBC) (Former Employee), Fort leonard woodJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: doing pt in the freezing cold
it was never the same
i learned a lot in the army
we touched on so many different basis that i can pretty much do anything
great place to travel and pick up skills
soldier (Former Employee), Ft CarsonJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: picked up many different skills
Cons: people and time
most thing i liked in the army as soldier was the deployments cause i was able go to different countries and meet different people. also the chance to require different work skills
Structured Environment
Sergeant, Team Leader, Vehicle Commander (Current Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA.January 21, 2015
A typical day starts before the sun comes up. We start our day with morning PT(Physical training). At the conclusion of our PT we receive our duties for the day. Some things I learned while being in the Army was managerial skills. I was a supervisor and had to learn, very quickly, how to work in a highly stressful environment. The hardest part of the job is the hours. Because there are no set times on when you are off for the day, it sometimes effects your family time and personal time. The most enjoyable part of my job is serving my country.
don't work here
Combat Engineer Active Duty (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIJanuary 21, 2015
the company closed and is no longer in business. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Management style is the absolute worst.
Productive work place
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJJanuary 21, 2015
A regular day consist of training soldiers and writing SOPs for upcoming training.
the hardest part of this job having the soldiers on the range keep their weapons pointed in a safe direction.
Productive and fast paced 24/7
Logistics Officer (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: heath care
Cons: deployments, 24 hour duty
Most days I would come in early so I could get a jump on my emails prior to PT, because for some reason no matter how late I would stay the night prior I always seemed to have a box full the next day. Once I would finish with PT, I would get cleaned up, eat a little breakfast at my desk and get ready for my morning meetings. On a typical day, I normally would have a last minute change from my boss on a project that I was working on that I would have to deal with. If this last minute change would effect any of my team members and it was going to take some time, I normally would order in Pizza for lunch and we would work through lunch depending on how important it was to finish it right away.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers, I loved going to work everyday and seeing the smiles on their faces. The hardest Part of the job in the Army was the deployment part of the military.
This organization made me into the person i am today
Staff Sergeant, 19D and 88M (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Joining the US Army was the best decision I made. It made me the person I am today. This organization showed me brotherhood, work ethic, and values that I still abide by today. Becoming an NCO and leading a group of soldiers to their success was one of the most rewarding things that I did in my military career.
On the Job Training, Physically Demanding, and never Monotonous
Personnel Manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: stayed physically fit, recieved on the job training, and college education
Cons: long hours and relocating evvery two to four years
Consistent physical training. I learned how to maneuver as a member of a team all the way up to maneuvering a large size element. I learned how to communicate effectively to customers and groups. Learned how to use various weapons and instructed on the use of weapons in advanced marksmanship. Learned computer skills while using Microsoft Office programs. My most enjoyable part of the job was instructing soldiers.
Great Job but not for the faint of heart.
Total Army Sponsorship Program Manager (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Love the Army. Served with people in different nationalities and worked in several different countries.
Adaptable to Change
Facilitator/Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJanuary 21, 2015
I've been in the service for 22 years active for 20 years. I've had a change of pace being that I'm Infantry and now working as an Instructor for Signal/ Communication Officers.
Great Work Environment
Internal Control Manager (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexible workhours
Cons: unrealistic time table for completion of work projects
During my three years of working in the G8's Comptroller's Division I gained a great deal of Financial and Budgetary experience. It was a very rewarding working experience.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more