U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,332 reviews matching the search
Work environment
Section Chief/ LAN manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 23, 2017
Intense work environment that can be somewhat hectic, but because of some of the camaraderie and team oriented mindset among fellow soldiers, the work place was a great place to be.
Pros
Stability, Brotherhood, life experience
professional and diciplined
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 23, 2017
- Checking emails and answering trouble tickets
- Time Management and work flow
- I managed a few soldiers under me that were on the help desk with me.
- Professional and respectful of others.
- Not having elevated rights
- Fixing an elongated issue
Pros
Workload
Cons
not enough elevated privileges
Military is A Great foundational career for those unsure
Mechanical Operations Manager Motor Pool (Former Employee) –  Camp Grayling, MIFebruary 23, 2017
Joining any military branch is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants a long term career and to see the world. You won't enjoy the Chain of command if you have any kind of education behind you but you will also learn to enjoy the different opportunities and places you can travel to.
Greatest Job Ever.
Human Intelligence Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Well deployments vary. Garrison is usually more predictable.
The days start early, and end when you get told you're done for the day. The people you work with are like brothers and sister's, and everyone watches out for each other. Nothing comes without sacrifice, and ultimately in any endeavor, you get what you put in. If you aren't willing to give 110%, you can't expect to get much in return.
Pros
The experience is one of a kind, and the relationships you make last a lifetime.
Served with honor
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 23, 2017
My family was all military, so I was too. I did my 4 years and 10 days, and I am glad I did and I'm proud to have done so. I learned map reading, leadership skills, preventative maintenance on vehicles, driving skills, communication and conflict resolution skills. The best part of being in the Army was the family atmosphere, a sense of belonging to something bigger than oneself. The hardest part of the job was not knowing your hours, and being on call 24/7. Still worth the effort and time though.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Hard Work, Brotherhood
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lewis, WAFebruary 23, 2017
The Infantry is only for the strong hearted. Great place to find out what kind of man you are. Great opportunity for someone with strong work ethic...
There is something to do.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  JBLM, WashingtonFebruary 23, 2017
One thing that learned is that timing is everything! Everything you do in the military revolves around time. And three minutes can be very important on a life and death situation.
Pros
You are always learning something
Cons
It doesn't matter what type of weather you are in.
Platoon Sergeant
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2017
On a daily basis I was tasked to command and monitor soldiers within my platoon. Using my expertise as a Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear specialist, I was able to perform tasks, and train soldiers in team-building missions. I managed over 50 soldiers within my platoon, and learned how to be patient, understanding, and ability to overcome any task that was given. The most difficult part of the job was being away from my family for extreme, long periods of time. I have a passion for team-building, and working with other's. As a leader, I looked forward to going to work everyday, to attend to my soldiers, and assist them with the task at hand. I learned trust, responsibility, accountability, and a solid work ethic working with the United States Army. I feel it has built an incredible foundation for myself, and has now prepared me for my future organization.
Pros
Financial benefits
Cons
Being away from home for months/years
Need to be a hard worker and detailed
Operations Manager/training (Current Employee) –  Knightdale, NCFebruary 23, 2017
A day in the military is unlike any other job. Things are fast paced take a day off and the project you been working on takes a another turn. You have to be open minded ability to get along with other and be able to take criticism learn from and drive on. Multi tasking is the word of the day there is just not one job each day there are multiply jobs. In the morning you be doing slides for your commander in the afternoon maybe getting receive VIPs without any notice. have to be on duty 24/7 and ready to respond even on vacation.
Pros
job security
Cons
high tempo
Army
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYFebruary 23, 2017
Responsible for the procurement and distribution of
Equipment and Supplies. Did this for almost 5 years. Was a valuable experience.

Want to know more about U.S. Army?

Ask a question
Fun work place since day one everyone treated me like family.
United States Army active duty (Former Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 23, 2017
I loved the military it taught me a lot of stuff that I can use outside of the army such as working with vehicles and computers. It also taught me about time management and how to use my time wisely.
Productive workplace
Combat Medic/ EMT (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAFebruary 23, 2017
Learn to manage and make the most of time throughout the day. High stress environment, with team work required to succeed. Bonds between soldiers is inseparable.
I love the US Army
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LA 70634February 23, 2017
I severed for 9.5 years in several duties. I was a Recruiter, Human Resources Assistant/Sergeant, Combatives Instructor (hand to hand combat), and drug testing officer.
4 years of service ended
Medical Specialist/ Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Ord CA, Fort Drum NY,February 23, 2017
Learned a lot about life and service for the country for a young person trying to make a different in the life. The structure and discipline was great.
Pros
Structured and civil services
Cons
Not for me
Hooah!
Private - Signal Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 23, 2017
Join to serve your country or get college. It will change you. For me, it made me the person I am today. It can be a good place to make a career out of, but there are many opportunities to go wherever you would like.
I'd do it all over again
Military Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2017
Lots of opportunity for growth. Pay is good considering housing is free. Lots of jobs to choose from and you get to travel a lot.
Pros
Get paid to shoot guns!
Cons
Lots of running.
Its the military
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 23, 2017
It is the military. Noone expects it to be an easy job. Long days hard work. But as far as pay went after getting out and seeing just how hard it is to make a decent living the pay was great. Room for advancement is certainly there if you are dedicated.
Great Oppotunity
Military Police Investigator NCO (Current Employee) –  Fraser, MIFebruary 23, 2017
The job itself had ups and downs but the Army as a whole was a great experience. It teaches you a number of tools and skills to help you adapt into civilian life.
Discpline
Personal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Up early in the morning before everyone. Handle multi-task at one time stayed focus. The hardest part of my job was being gone from my family at years times.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Staying gone for two years without seeing my family
Productive, supportive, fun
Ear Nose and Throat Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Stewart, GAFebruary 23, 2017
The United States Army was a rewarding experience with lots of benefits and rewards, ongoing travel and plenty of nice places to live. I met new people everyday, from fellow soldiers, retirees or family members. The upper ranking soldiers and officers were full of advice to advance and give support of what to do for a better and more productive future in the military.
Pros
Travel, meeting people, support, benefits and advancement
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4