U.S. Army

24.3K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

The Military life is not for everyone.
Bio-Medical Maintenance Repair Technician (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TexasAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Had the best job in the military.
Cons: Not able to do the best job in the military anymore.
I will not indulge with what I did while serving in the Military. I learned a lot and did some incredible things. I've also seen real monsters and horrors in the world.
Served my Country
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 27, 2015
I served along with some great people, for a great cause, and for a great country. This in its all, was a great honor for me to be a soldier and or non-commission officer.
life changing experinece
Fire Support Specialist (13F) (Former Employee), Ft RileyAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free Meals breakfast lunch and dinner. Free medical and Dental
Cons: No freedom and your always working. You could get killed on job.
It will change your life and the way you see things. You will create bonds with people strangers and they will become like family. Get to operate machines you only get to see in movies. Go on adventures its seriously like playing cops and robbers for a living.
Great place for opportunities
E-5 Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Bragg NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good life experance
Cons: Away from family and friens
The US Army provided me with the confidence needed in life to succeed. Very good place to learn and grow as an individual and become an adult.
They build confidence and team work
Environmental Health Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKAugust 27, 2015
Pros: A person will learn to strive for the best
Cons: The person must have the desire and motivation to work in a diverse environment, treat people with respect.
The Army was the best thing that happen to me. I learn a lot about myself and what I was able to do. I go want a lot of respect from peers. The Army invested in their soldiers that want to achieve. I was – more... surrounded by many cultures, and learn to appreciate who they are and how to get them to work with me as a team. We learn to trust each other and working as a team was very easy. I had a chance to visit Korea, Alaska doing my stay in the Army. I visit other bases that help me deal with change and understand that although each base has the same goal but different in rules.
I learn to treat people the way they want to be treated, do my best no matter where I go and most of all do what is right.. – less
Amazing Experience
PEDD/PDDD Handler/ Trainer/Training NCO (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Experiencel, Maturity
Cons: rarely home, always moving
The most honorable organization to be apart of. Great atmosphere and amazing people. Gained a lot of work experience through deployments as well as time at home station.
Productive work experience
Food Service Specialist (92G) (Current Employee), Hammond, LAAugust 27, 2015
Productive work place with a safe environment for my fellow soldiers. The job details have a lot of a variety even though each MOS has their own job description.
US Soldier
13B Cannon Crewmember, 19E, 52C. (Former Employee), Erie Pa.August 27, 2015
Pros: wearing the Uniform of my Nation
Cons: Being prepared
This by all means was the Best Job i'd ever had. Doing for this Great Country what ever was required of Me. Gladly accepted my duties overseas. Proud to be an American
Alright to work for.
Aircraft Electrician (Current Employee), Fort CarsonAugust 27, 2015
typical day is 0630 to 1800. Management varies depending on duty station.troubleshooting aircraft is very rewarding and interesting.
EAMC-Great
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed EAMC.I did 2 years as a CS Technician where I learned to process and sterilize instruments and supplies.I was NCOIC for a while which ,means I was in charge.It was but a stepping stone to a better career outside of the military or so I thought,However I re-enlisted several times and stayed for 13 years.Id always recommend this way of starting.Earn as you learn...!
Challenging
helicopter repairer (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSAugust 27, 2015
I would do it all over again if given the chance. And would love to continue my Military Career. Working for the Army has given me the skills needed to continue my career in the civilian work place.
It has great benefits for my family, and great job security
Construction Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIAugust 27, 2015
I would run the maintenance shop everyday. I learned what it takes to run the shop and how to order oil and everyday things to keep the shop going. I had some of the best co-workers and they would go out their way to help me if i needed some help.
A great place to work with unlimited potential for advancement.
Battalion Master Trainer (Current Employee), Central New JerseyAugust 27, 2015
This is an extremely exciting place to work, that will develop strong, resilient, confident individuals that are more than capable of effectively accomplishing missions on a daily basis. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of such a unique organization.
Training Newly Enlisted Soldiers
PFC (Former Employee), Nettleton, MSAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Serving something bigger than ourselves, support of peers, working as a team, as well as learning new skills
My job currently is to help the civilians that have offered to protect, defend, and serve our country are prepared to endure their next steps in becoming a United States Soldier as well as trying to get others to join.
Typical day in the US Army
Force Protection NCO (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYAugust 27, 2015
Great place to work, learned a lot about team work and management. Served in many different roles/ positions in the US Army for 13+ years.
good job to have.
US Army Soldier (Former Employee), germany, georgiaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours of training.
i was in supply, i took inventory of weapons, and several military issued clothing. i am a gulf war veteran. i served in iraq kuwait and saudi arabia.my superiors taught me a lot in my military career, and that experience helped me in civilian life.
In order to grow, one must place themselves in challenging situations where they are forced to grow.
Seargeant (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 27, 2015
The more experiences a person has the more opportunity there is for a person to learn themselves. The Army is full of them. My favorite thing about the Army is that it is a congregation of all walks of – more... life where one learns everyone has something in common. Due to the uniformity and close proximity of others at all times people take the time to look past physical differences and stereotypes. Whereas, it is highly improbable that a gothic dresser decked out in all black and leather and a preppy sports player would ever get to know each other outside of the United States Army organization. – less
Leadership
Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYAugust 27, 2015
Poor organizational structure. However, I love my job, working with the attorney and dealing with very important issues within the profession.
Cooked and maintained a suitable dining facilty for over 4300 soilders.
E 4 specialist (Former Employee), fort campbell, kyAugust 27, 2015
Get up at 4:45 in the morning started prep cooking for the soliders to come in and eat breakfast at 6:00 a.m. After feeding the soliders we had to start our daily cleaning of the kitchen until 9:00 a.m. Then we prepared lunch for over 4300 soilders. I managed and maintained a group of 40 cooks. Also made sure that all soilders were in there white uniforms and everything was clean.
work a lot of hours for very low pay, but traveled the world at almost no cost to me and my family
Desk Sergeant (Former Employee), garmisch, germanyAugust 27, 2015
Pros: paid leave and free medical
Cons: long days, low pay
it can be fun if you in to living pay check to pay check. and if you like moving every few years to possibly a new country or if your lucky a state.
Headquarters