U.S. Army
15,600 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Great place to see the world and make a difference.
Active Staff Sergeant, Skill (Current Employee), United States and foreign countriesJuly 27, 2014
Enjoyed working and being in the Army, its a lifestyle, not just a job. I served for 23 years and just recently retired.
Great life experience
Instructor/Section Leader (Former Employee), Camp Casey, Korea; Ft. Drum, NY; Ft. Benning, GAJuly 27, 2014
Great experience for anyone to take on. Get to do a variety of different tasks
nice enviroment get too meet people from all over the world and it makes you really feel as your part of one big family.
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: a hour and a half of lunch most days. 3 and 4 day weekends.
Cons: not being able too go get lunch some days because the task had too be taken care of asap.
nice environment of different people. teaches you the discipline that's needed through life to advance. Like showing up for work on time being 10 minutes prior, alot of people wouldn't think about showing up for work early, but n the army they distill the rights in your mind too stand out. responsibility was never questioned around the group I was with – more... we all knew our jobs and what needed to be done in a timely manner. Showing up 10 minutes prior too check up on all our equipment and vehicles making sure all was mission capable at anytime. My sergeants really never had too do any work because everyone in our platoon was down to business an fun later, but our sergeants would come out too overlook missions they might think was a little challenging too us but once they seen us doing what was told they would say "oh you guys have it just make sure you report too one of us when you guys are done so they could double check the task to make sure it was up too standard which it was every single time. – less
My Review of the US Army
Military Police (Former Employee), Baghdad, S. Korea, MO, GAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: being a soldier
Cons: not being a soldier anymore
I loved the Army. I loved the position I was in and the brave men and women that I had the privilege of serving with. I learned how to work with in a team and care about the well being of others while also learning how to better myself. The hardest part of my job was being injured in iraq and having to be separated from the military, that or leaving – more... my 3 month old son to go to iraq. The most enjoyable part of my job in the military was the camaraderie. The feeling that no matter what happened you knew someone was there to help, all you had to do was ask, and sometimes you didn't even have to. – less
Write a letter to your congressperson.
Electronic Warfare Signal Intelligence Recruit (Former Employee), Monterey, CAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: housing, clothing, meals, and all other necessities paid for.
Cons: inhumane treatment from a medical standpoint.
Congress does not take care of our nation's service members the way it should.

I went through a medical board process, and was treated like a thing rather than a person while I was in the hospital.
The atrocities I have witnessed at the hands of medical professionals are so grotesque you wouldn't believe me if I told you.

It's a shame, because the – more... army as a whole is great. It's the people that feel they can take advantage of soldiers because they know active duty service members are not legally able to sue for medical malpractice that destroyed my experience with this otherwise well-oiled machine. – less
N/A
Signals Analyst (Current Employee), CONUS and overseasJuly 27, 2014
The United States Army was and is a wonderful experience I will cherish for the rest of my life. I will miss being a Soldier, but I am looking forward to writing the next chapter in my life.
Great and motivating work place
Logistic Specialist U.S Army (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: long lunch break
Cons: healthcare benenfits
My typical day at work would be going to the office dispatching issuing out equipment, ordering parts, going to the warehouse receiving equipment. I train and help others at being proficient on Microsoft Word Xp. I have leran to self motivate and motivate others to the best of their abilities. My management was great they motivated us and pushed us – more... to better our future. The co-wokers I worked with are very reliable everybody is willing to help out at anytime. The most challenging part of my job is to always be alert and focus on the mission. The most enjoyable part of my job is to finish work successfully in a timely fashion. – less
Great atmosphere, good benefits, and a great retirement
UH-60 Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Hunter Army Airfield, Savannah GA 31409July 26, 2014
Pros: long breaks, easy work enviroment, good people to work with
Cons: haserdous chemicals, loud enviroment
My day starts at 0630 when we Salute the flag after we complete that we do physical training and exercise for an hour at 0730 we stretch for 15 minutes. Then we leave to shower and get changed for the day work call is at 0900 report time at 1000 I report to production control for our morning meeting to see what kind of maintenance that need to be completed – more... and update them about work that has not been completed and the status, est. time of completion. at 1130 I break everybody for lunch, at 1300 everyone reports to the hanger to finish their day either working on a maintenance task or cleaning the area. then at 1645 we stop work and clean up do tool box inventories and FOD checks on the Aircraft and wait for notes for tomorrow then we go home to start it all over again. – less
Previous Career
Non-commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: travel, comrades
Cons: n/a
The Unites States military was very good to me for the most part. I have had the opportunity to train and travel. I also meet some good people and learned many things about different cultures. My military experience helped shaped me into a more conscious person and help me mature as an adult.
Proud to Serve
Communications Specialist (Former Employee), variousJuly 26, 2014
The best decision in my life was to join the US. Army. Leadership, skills, empowerment are all things I learned or developed and I use everyday of my life. I made lifelong friends that are my family.
Excellent opportunities
Brigade Network Admin/Help Desk Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 26, 2014
Pros: training opportunities
Cons: supervisors with limited knowledge
Excellent opportunities abound in the US Army. Free educational offerings
Great technical and leadership training. High potential for advancement.
Satellite Communications Chief (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 26, 2014
Cons: poor pay/ workload ratio
Great technical and leadership training. High potential for advancement.
Army
Operations / Security / supervisor (Former Employee), hawaiiJuly 26, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: your life isn't yours and rank doesnt mean there a good leader
Great benefits, poor leaders. There is a lot of things that are changing in the army in good ways as well as bad. It's a life style not ment for everyone.
Great benefits
Cavalry Scout (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 26, 2014
Joining the army was the best/worst thing that happened to me. I'm glad I am out because the stress you receive there is ridiculous. We def don't get paid enough.
Great learning experience
Commander Rear Detachment (Former Employee), Illesheim, BYJuly 26, 2014
This is a great job to learn how to Manage Safety Records and Investing Ground or Aircraft Accidents. I personally learned alot from this job and discovered that working in this field is a vital role to prevent future accidents from happening
Positive work environment, plenty of room for advancement
Army Medic with specialty in Nursing (Current Employee), United StatesJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great for gaining education as well as the means to further education in the future
Cons: transferring national certifications and licenses to california state
The Army is a great place to gain education while also gaining pertinent experience at the same time. Perfect place for those seeking healthcare as a career as you will learn and be taught beyond the basic scope of practice.
It's a military don't expect too much
Team leader, supply and inventory (Former Employee), usaJuly 25, 2014
What it is it's the military but don't give me wrong there is a lot of travel excitement and you do have a lot of camaraderie and good friends
Master Driver, Airborne Infantryman, Golden Knight
Master Driver, Infantry Battalion (Former Employee), FT Bliss TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: healthcare, pay
My last two years in the Army I was the Master Driver for the entire 1/36 Infantry Batt. My requirements were the hands on training of new soldiers on vehicles, which included classroom study, driving each vehicle that was required for them along with licensing of them.

I was also responsible for making sure soldiers did the daily, weekly and monthly – more... upkeep of said vehicles. If there was a problem I was the direct liaison with the motor pool mechanics that were tasked to fixed whatever was wrong unless the engine had to be pulled and then I had to get it to the proper spot and people to pull the engine and fix it. That is what made me want to get out of the military and get back into civilian life to work of cars.

I had my own office in the motor pool which meant when I wasn't out training my men I was with all the mechanics learning different things about our vehicles which wasn't always common knowledge.

My coworkers were some of the best I got along with them great, they were always happy when I was in the motor pool with them.

Management was almost non-existent as I was trusted to do the right thing all the time and when I did make a mistake I would be the first person to point it out to my commander and if I didn't know how to correct it I would ask for help on how to fix it and not make the same mistake twice as it is the way I work and lives depended on me to make sure the soldiers were trained properly and safely.

The hardest part of the job was knowing that I was going to be leaving the military and my men I trained were going to go to war without me. Teaching new men to spot different things on the road to keep them alive was a bit stressful but I dealt with it and never once let them see me stressed. Out of over 1000 drivers I trained only 1 drove over an IED at his leaders orders, even when he told him he didn't think it was safe.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfaction of my mens faces when I told them they passed my course. I made a lot of lifelong friends in that position and hope to make more with any new endeavor I embark on. – less
Loved
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: everything
I loved my job, the people I worked with, and management. The possibility of being uprooted was always there but it was worth the chance. I enjoyed the challenges both mental and physical. The harder I worked the further ahead I was able to get and my effort was appreciated.
The experience as an Army Officer.
Signal Officer (Captain) (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: leading soldiers
Cons: takes a lot of time away from family.
Officers are the leaders of the Military, supervising and managing activities in almost every occupational specialty, and a very rewarding position.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more