U.S. Army
16,614 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

A secure job that offers close companionship among workers
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 17, 2014
A typical day at work involves physical training and working in your job specialty, sometimes meetings and standing in formations to receive pertinent information. You learn on a constant basis. The most enjoyable part of this job is the relationships that you make with your coworkers.
Extremely educating
Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKSeptember 17, 2014
Morning physical training exercises. Maintenance to all vehicles and howitzers. Military classes and briefings/
Productive and challenging work place
Recruiter Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: working with a lot of people
I love meeting new people and helping them giving them the opportunity to better their life's.
Army is what you make of it
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 17, 2014
Be a Soldier, Conduct human resources. Learned how to live with adversity. Supervisors are has any job some horrible some great. Doing it every day of the week and deploying to Kuwait being gone for a whole year in 2009. Benefits of the Army is problay the most fulfilling.
Excellent Opportunity for Growth
UHF/VHF Communications Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great
Constant challenges everyday. Opportunity to meet and work with different cultures throughout the world. The opportunity to develop keen technical skills necessary to further my career.
organized and demanding career
Legal Office Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: service to country, community, and fellow soldiers
Cons: long periods of deployment to foreign countries
The US Army taught me about leadership and discipline in all situations. From the mundane tasks to the detailed assignments effective leadership and tenacity are always a benefit. It also instilled in me a management skill set that equally weighs the assignment to be completed, the personnel requirements and hard deadlines. The hardest part of the job – more... was the deployments that separated me from my family and the most enjoyable part was the service to this wonderful country. – less
Challenging and Rewarding
Chemical Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Aberdeen Proving Grounds, marylandSeptember 17, 2014
A great opportunity for those who want to challenge themselves while making a salary and earning money for college
88M United States Army
Sr Vehicle Commander and Weapons Expert (Sergeant) (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: pay, health care, and housing allowance.
Cons: deployments
While working as a 88M is the United States Army I was able to gain valuable work experience. A typical day consisted of many different things. In the Army your day starts off with formation and PT (physical training). After this is complete I would return to formation to start the work day. In the Army you do not work a typical 9-5 work day. Many times – more... I would arrive for PT at 7:00 a.m. and not get home until &:00 p.m. I was responsible for transporting soldiers and items to and from certain areas. A few of the things I learned while being in the Army was leadership skills, time management, and how to deal with adversity. I also had to learn how to adapt to different situations. The hardest part of the job would be the lifestyle and time spent away from my family. During my time in the Army I deployed twice, both deployments lasted over a year. This is a difficult time on you and your family. The best part of my job in the Army was the pay, education benefits, and health care. – less
US Army
Sr NCO /Lab Manager (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: long hours
Great way of life long hours lots of moving but been a great 20 years.
U.S Army Sgt
ASSISTANT OPERATION SGT, U.S (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VASeptember 17, 2014
Everyday is different. task out soldiers to different areas during the day. make sure the health is up. mentor soldiers to expand there learning in the u.s army. make sure all cargo and passengers our load in a timely manner. Track all cargo and passengers to the final place. guide soldiers to understand the work.
Information Technology Specialist
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Camp Ripley, MNSeptember 16, 2014
I drill once a month in Camp Ripley. I work with the communications section for our battalion. I am constantly learning something new and improving my skills, which I love. I am more then glad I joined the military, I don't regret a second of it.
Infantry Basic Training
Time spent as platoon guide and platoon Sargent (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 16, 2014
My daily day at this job was wake up to train. I learned how to work as a team and Crucial management skills, the hardest of this job to me was being so far away from all my family for so long. The best part of the job to me was a guaranteed pay check.
Workplace Ins And Outs
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, advancement
Cons: staying after appropriated time.
When your military, you have benefits galore, free uniforms, team building, leadership opportunities, and Good pay. But mess up and pay the price.
Great opertunities
Diesel Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Great advancement opportunities. Fast pace work with lots of training. Great job if you want to see the world.
Best of times and worst of times.
Health Care Specialist 68W (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2014
I felt I was well trained and that I could quickly and easily perform any task set before me. Through all the arduous bureaucracy and the most difficult times I really enjoyed the comradery. At times it was the lack of teamwork that made the job hardest, but there was always a way. Good experience.
The best Job
Avenger Team Chief (Former Employee), Killeen, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: everything was great
Great pay. you learn all kinds of skills and learn a different lifestyle. i recommend it to anyone who wants to get a head start on life. you learn so many leadership skills and attention to detail.
Serious and professional work environment.
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good lunch breaks. good benefits.
Wake up and Physical Training from 6:30am to 7:30am. Released to do personal hygiene at 7:30am. We are to be back to work at 9:00am and work until 11:30am for lunch break. Lunch is over at 1:00pm and we work until 5:00pm. During our work period we can process anywhere from 5 to 100 peoples paperwork. We would work with each other to complete tasks. – more... The hardest part of my job was when co-workers would misplace paperwork. The most enjoyable part of this job is the job security. – less
enjoyed serving my country
Radio & Communications Security Repairer (Former Employee), camp fogertySeptember 16, 2014
I enjoyed serving my country and have learned a lot about life. good work ethic and wont ever quit until the job is done.
Typical army.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Stratford, CTSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: friendships
Cons: dying
From 2006-2008 was in Iraq, As a gunner in a gun truck on convoy's. pretrip the hummv and make sure weapon system were working. on the road make sure convoy is safe and keep an Eye out for enemies and IED;s. Then when safely in base do a break down of weapons and vehicle, an after action review and try to rest before your next trip out.
Best Job I Ever Had
Cavalry Scout/Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 16, 2014
Enjoyed every moment of it and would do it against in a heart beat if my body would allow me to.

If you ain't Cav......

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more