U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,110 reviews matching the search
Serving with soldiers from all over the United States made it worth serving.
Heavy Equipment Operator and team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOMarch 10, 2016
A typical day at work started at 0330 Monday through Friday. We would do Physical Training (PT) for one and a half hours daily. After PT we would get showered, eat, and dressed for our first formation. We would go to the motor pool to get our equipment ready to send to Iraq. I learned how to respect equipment, other soldiers, and never to take anything for granite. My management in the U.S. Army was the best management a person could work under. They took care of their soldiers and made sure to get their soldiers promoted to the next rank. My Co-workers became family and we worked very well together. The hardest part of the Army was getting deployed and saying goodbye to my family for a year. The most enjoyable part of the Army was the soldiers I served with, the lessons learned, the experience of war and getting to come back to the United States in one piece.
Pros
Getting promoted to the next pay grade, the experience, the soldiers, the management, and the benefits.
Cons
Being deployed, not seeing family for a year, getting blown up by roadside bombs, and losing soldiers in battle.
There's Strong then There's Army Strong
92F Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 14, 2016
The Army was one of my greatest decisions I have ever made. Everyday start's with a Work out. I learned Leadership skills, time management, organizational skills and mostly how to overcome weekness. The management in Army great. It was them that tought me all the skills that I know. The Hardest part of the Job is the long days but what made it enjoyable is the fact of the missions that got completed.
Pros
Skills, Health care benefits, free school, good pay, All bills paid
Cons
Long hour, time away from family, stressful enviroment, life on line.
Career
Additionally served as the Motor Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 9, 2016
Enjoyed my career. Would recommend this to any your person. It has great opportunities and benefits. Also get to travel the world and see different cultures and learn different languages. I loved my job in the united states army.
Pros
TEAM
Cons
PCS
High pace high stress enviroment
Department Operations Manager / Help Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAFebruary 23, 2016
But it honestly is what you make of it. Being in the army is not a job for someone who expects to be spoon fed anything at all. you have to work hard. and long hours. but in the end it is very rewarding.
Pros
Excellent Benifits
Cons
Toxic office politics
Great placce for an upwardly mobile individual.
Operation /Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Benning, GAMarch 17, 2016
The work day starts before dawn and ends at sunset, or depending on your environment you could work near 24 hrs a day. I have learned many things through out my term of service not all of them good but mostly. Leadership is probably the strongest attribute of personnel working in with this organization.
Pros
Benefits, Advancement
Cons
Long work days
Invaluable life experience.
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 10, 2016
30 years of ministering to America's finest individuals. Often brutal hours and conditions, real life scenarios and experiences. Trained hard, worked hard, life and death situations. Two combat tours to Iraq. Ministered to thousands of soldiers, conducted religious services in varied locations with diverse crowds, and trying circumstances. Traveled the world, lived overseas and experienced other cultures for 10 years. Gained appreciation, compassion, and understanding for those different from what I was familiar with. Learned the benefits of teamwork, determination, and togetherness. Lived the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. Was supervised, supervised, and worked with and alongside diverse races, ethnic groups, religions, genders, persuasions, ages, and nationalities, see all as brothers and sisters in arms and people I was proud to serve with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with injury, death and loss, particularly death notifications and suicides.The most enjoyable part of he job was simply being there.
Pros
Serving the American People and Nation
Cons
It had to come to an end
Time in the Army
Combat Medic & Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GANovember 10, 2015
Serving in the military gave me a large set of skills that transfer into the "real" world. I gained discipline, leadership, medical knowledge, teamwork, organization, and lifestyle maintenance from my time in the Army. I gained knowledge of the world, different cultures and people, and it opened my eyes to the small bubble I was raised in. I took a variety of classes while serving, deployed once to Iraq, and when I became pregnant decided to become a mom. I was honorably discharged 10 days prior to having my daughter.
Pros
Benefits, Regular hours, Teamwork, Pay
Cons
24/7 on-call, no customer interaction/socialization, uniform
A lifestyle, not a job
Infantryman/Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYMarch 10, 2016
Serving in the United States Army was an experience of a lifetime. Not only did I get to defend our Country, I got to travel and have fun while I was doing so. I spent almost 2 years overseas in Afghanistan, opening me up to a whole new culture and world. I met some pretty amazing people along the way. I would say the people I served with to my left and right are now considered family.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, Stay in top physical shape
Cons
Long days/weeks, Time spent away from family
Be all that you can be!
DA Security Guard / Lead Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Pueblo Chemical Depot, COJanuary 24, 2016
Great Place to get started in life and can be a great opportunity for a long career if one has the determination and desire to do what it takes to accomplish the mission for the US Army.
Pros
Comparative pay at higher pay grades, good health care for you and family, and great vaccation benifits
Cons
Very Long Hours, and can be Life threatening
The military offers an opportunity to succeed and advance as far as you desire.
Personnel Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Richardson, AKDecember 18, 2015
The best job opportunity I ever had in my life,
Utilities your strengths,
rewards your dedication, recognizes your potential for advancement, team work and commands respect.
Pros
The United States Army promotes advancement, Health and Housing benefits, overall spiritual, emotional, and physical support as needed.
Cons
Long hours, and sometime hazardous duty, separations from family
Army Strong
Operator-Maintainer (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 22, 2015
Everyday is the biggest challenge in he Army. Everyday you have to ensure that you make the most amount of training by putting everything else aside. Physical training is the biggest thing most things people have problems with. I had it. For weeks my legs would be sore to the point I couldn't walk up the stairs. But I knew the prize was to finish my training to complete my mission. I had to learn team building skill. There were people I hated there but the one thing I had top remember was that no matter what, I wasn't going to leave them behind whatsoever. The hardest part of my military career thus far is the physical training. It is non-stop. This is to ensure that you are always ready top be deployed. The most enjoyable part of it was knowing that we worked together as a team. Knowing that you can get through the worst of it all but that you wasn't alone. It brought everyone from different walks of life closer.
Pros
medical benefits, housing, food
Great Benefits and skill builder
Military/Infantryman (Former Employee) –  JBLMMarch 10, 2016
By my MOS being infantry most of my day included training and making sure we were ready for deployment

I've learned a lot about the military, survival, leadership, and most of all adapting to my environment.

It was great being able to meet people from all around the world and better expand your horizon.

The hardest part was the very long 14 hour work days

the most enjoyable part was the deployments.
Pros
benefits, Meeting new people
Cons
Good place to work with great co-workers
Various (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYOctober 21, 2015
Great opportunities if you are willing to move for the job. Nationwide, one big family. Great place to meet and be mentored by good, caring people who want to see you succeed. No place if you are lazy or just want a position, you must be willing to work and work hard for a very worth while cause. You serve the best customers in the entire world. Management depends on who you get..... Sometimes good, sometimes you hope they get a promotion so they get transferred. Hardest part of the job is when you have to work on a weekend or holiday and watch other families enjoying the time together when you would like to be with your own. Most enjoyable part of your job..... The customers!!!
Pros
Best customers in the world, coworkers become family, good pay
Cons
Works weekends, holidays
It's the Army
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAMarch 8, 2016
A typical day tarts with physical training and can very depending if your unit has a field exercise or if it is a normal day. The leadership is all dependent on where you end up (which unit) promotions depend on points and if your leadership sees fit to send you to the board. The job is secure as long as you maintain proper weight and physical standards. Th health coverage is the main benefit, along with school and housing.
Pros
Benefits, health coverage, and housing.
Cons
Army
Professional work place, government job.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 5, 2015
Many years dedicated to the Military, had the ability to work as hard as I wanted, often in charge of tasks and personnel. Senior leaders did not use time wisely which lead too many extra hours, days often ended after 10-14 hours. With a little more organization and time management, and use of current technology, the organization would have been a well-oiled machine with a lot better morale, and more work completed at a better efficiency rate. Over all it was a great experience and sad to see it end due to government cuts.
Pros
Benifits, good pay, steady work
Cons
Long hours, no ability to implement changes, slow advancement
Love / Hate relationship
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Various locations around the worldJanuary 12, 2016
Overall, it's a good run. The friends you will make can last a long time. Many times, you will get stuck in units where Leadership is questionable. The pay is really good, but I don't agree with the methods used to determine promotions. Healthcare, Dental, and Job Security are top notch. The Army challenges you to be physically fit while being talked down by leaders who are at most times in worse fitness than yourself. Other than that, it's pretty much everything people think about the organization.
Pros
The benefits, job security
Cons
Self-serving Leaders, limited free speech, being forced to work at inconvenient times
fun working as well as stressfull work environment
92g Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 25, 2016
a typical day at work is a long preping and making food with others. i learned how to use the equipment and make the foods we preaped. the hardest part of the job is the people causing issues between others. the most enjoyable part about the job is serving custimors and seeing them happy getting what they wanted.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hours, chance to be deployed
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, CO 80913April 1, 2016
Typical day at work is getting everything in order for my leadership and training subordinates
I learned that I produce positive outcomes at work on a daily basis
my management allowed to work above my pay grade
my co-workers respected my position and supported me when I needed it
the hardest part of the job was working long hours when we are short- handed
I love what did in Army and I miss it
great occupation
Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 27, 2016
great benefits and compensation. Good working environment and a lot of advancement opportunity by training, classes, job-related courses. very fulfilling occupation.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sometimes long hours, deployment (no weekends) work 365 days
Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service
Human Intelligence Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMarch 20, 2016
The best part of being in the Army was the feeling that you get from being a part of something so much bigger than yourself.
Though, there were some difficult parts, such as: poor leadership at times, difficulty balancing work and family life and physical and mental damages to some.
Pros
Paid Training, Paid Travel, Incredible Benefits
Cons
Excruciatingly long hours, Overall Health Deterioration

4.4