U.S. Army
17,497 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

It's the military
Calvary Scout (Former Employee), Batesville, MSOctober 25, 2014
I enjoyed the time I spent in the Army. I was just ready to get out.
Constantly evolving and challenging workplace.
Military Police (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSOctober 25, 2014
The most valuable lesson learned for me was that one must always be adaptable be prepared for sudden changes job conditions.
productive and fun
Linguist/ Administration/ Logistics (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2014
Wish I had not left.

A typical day was 9-5.
Learned how to be a soldier and team player.
Management changed as often as the seasons.
My co-workers were a range from manageable to unmanageable.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with double standards.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help others.
Best experience of my life
Specialist 4 (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 25, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: on deployments and being away from your family
My time in the military was good met some good people from all over the world travel to some good places
FUn Plave to work
Recruiter/Trainer (Former Employee), Coraopolis, PAOctober 25, 2014
FUn place to work if you like the money. There is a lot of hard work but you can do it if you try hard.
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXOctober 25, 2014
Its a lifestyle not a job. Had a lot of fun and no where else will you find that people care more about the individual.
Great job to develop one's Leadership skills and a meet great friends (Brotherhood & Camaraderie).
Plans Officer (Plans and Operations Manager) (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 25, 2014
Excellent opportunities to learned new job skills and develop leadership skills. A career where you can make a difference and serve the U.S.A. Honorably.
travell the world
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYOctober 25, 2014
Pros: education benefits paid, career advancement and excellent oppurtunity to enjoy life
* work starts at 4:30 am
*responsibilities, technical skills for civilian transformation after Military life
* great personal willing to teach life skills .
*co-workers excellent to work with and very helpful.
*hardest part was losing a friend in battle.
* most enjoyable teaching new recruits what you have learned while enlisted.
Productive work environment with people you know.
Field Artillery Tactical Data System Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 24, 2014
Never ending chances for advancement. Constant Physical and Mental enhancement.
Military is not for everyone
E4, Combat Medic/Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: away from family
I had a few different duty stations. My typical day varied depending where I was stationed. I've had some really good leadership and some really bad. Your co-workers are many and diverse. I learned a lot about integrity and loyalty. The hardest part was not always having your family close by.
Eliminating discrimination and harassment in a work environment.
Equal Opportunity Advisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: implementing new programs to prevent discrimination.
Cons: ensuring that all personnel is treated equal and all personnel are included with all missions.
Developed and maintained the current standard of operating procedures for the installation that facilitated a program which formulates, directs, and sustains a comprehensive effort to maximize human potential and to ensure fair treatment for all persons based solely on merit, fitness, and capability.
Monitored employee wellbeing, quality of life, personnel – more... actions, and morale and welfare programs for a community. – less
Excellent training.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INOctober 24, 2014
Pros: life skill training.
Cons: poor reintegration into civillian life after discharge.
Excellent employment opportunities within the civilliam sector upon discharge.
Busy yet productive
Fire support Specialist (Former Employee), JBLM, WaOctober 24, 2014
Pros: long lunches, camaraderie, structure
Cons: long hours, time away from family, field exercises
I spent over six years in the United States Army and during that time there was not really a typical day of work. The majority of the time we were given our tasking's in the morning and we remained productive until those tasking's were completed. I was fortunate to learn and to hone my management skills, and I was quite fond of the brotherhood that – more... came with being a soldier. I would have to say that the hardest part of the job was the extremely long hours away from my family. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to serve my country and help to insure the protection of the American values I hold so dear. – less
Motivating and challenging work place that forces you to push yourself
Infantryman/ Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GeorgiaOctober 24, 2014
Pros: sense of purpose, great community, very challenging, a hour and a half paid lunch
Cons: not a lot of time for family, very uncertain, ever-changing future in terms of possible training/deployments. stressful on spouses
A typical day in the Infantry begins at 0500 in the morning. You get to work, mingle and stretch out and then do Physical Training from 0600-0800. After you have sufficiently smoked yourself with Physical Training you get an hour and a half to shower and change and come back in to start the work day at 0930. At 0930 we commence spot checks of vehicles – more... and equipment and then begin training. Training can be anything from weapons drills, to tactical movements, to land navigation; sometimes it included staying in the woods for a few days at a time. During my time in the Infantry the two biggest things I took away were: learning on my feet and discipline. I was able to hone my skills as a fast learner and discipline my body to push through difficult times. The biggest complaint you will consistently hear from Infantrymen is the upper level leadership being too detached to make accurate decisions in terms of the well being of the company or battalion. Your first line supervisors are usually the guys you get the most guidance from because they participate in the training with you. Your "co-workers" are your family. You would do anything for them and they would do anything for you, even if you didn't always get along. The job of Infantryman is a very physically demanding one but that is not the hardest part. The hardest part is the over all stress level. You are constantly under the highest level of scrutiny day in and day out. The lack of time off to decompress is a contributing factor as well. The most enjoyable part was all of it. A lot of times the training was miserable but you didn't mind because you knew you were with your brothers and you knew you were becoming a better person because of it. The camaraderie found in an Infantry platoon is unparalleled – less
Great Experiece
Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAOctober 24, 2014
The army isn't the same as when i first joined. It was a great experiece but I'm ready to work in the private sector again.
Was An excellent place to work
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Pasadena CaliforniaOctober 24, 2014
Pros: numerous different and challaning assignments
If I could do it over again, I would.

The overall atmosphere, the culture and the people made it great
Good work place and challenging
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: team work, challenging
Cons: lack of tools
A typical day is troubleshooting vehicles equipped with Caterpillar, Detroit, GM 6.2 and 6.5 Engines. I do a lot of the jobs that are labor intensive like replacing engines and doing electrical work. What I’ve learned from being a mechanic is that every day is a learning experience. There is always something new to learn. I was a supervisor and trainer. – more... I supervised and trained new employees to properly troubleshoot, replace engines, go through the proper steps in preventative maintenance, identify and order parts. I also show them how to operate the vehicles properly. My coworkers and I always get along and work very well together. Hardest part of the job is getting put on a project someone else started and trying to find all the parts when they aren’t organized. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing the driver of the vehicle is confident with my work and will come back for future maintenance. – less
Rewarding and Challenging
US Army Officer (Former Employee), World-wideOctober 24, 2014
Wouldn't trade my 22 years for just about anything. I was challenged and grew in a variety of positions throughout my 22 years. Always something new and challenging.
Productive work place
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Williamsport, PA 17702October 24, 2014
Pros: insurance, pay
Cons: living your love ones
Working as Human Resource Specialist was very demanding. You have to make sure you know your Soldier's personal information, be on top for pay, insurance, evaluations, awards, etc.

The opportunity to meet people from different part of the world is amazing.

The hardest part of the job is when you have to leave your family to take care of others people – more... family. But it is an honor to serve in the United States Army. – less
Army Strong!
All Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, Iraq, Texas, Germany, AfghanistanOctober 24, 2014
Pros: paid vacation 30 days a year, and free healthcare.
Cons: having to deal with idiots on a daily basis
A typical day at work started at 0630 til 1700. it was a lot of hours and you never saw your family especially on deployments when you didn't get to be with your family for an entire year. I will say that the army did teach me values and brotherhood that I will never forget.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more