U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 25,364 reviews matching the search
Its great serving your country
Solider (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 3, 2016
Being in the Army exceed all my expectations and more. I got to experience on a daily bases that people do not usually see. The training over prepares you for tough situations.
Pros
I get to travel
Cons
Not being with family on some special occassions
Great Oppurtunity and Experience
Advanced Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Serving in the U.S Military has been a great oppurtunity and an excellent way to serve my country. After 11 years of serving proudly, if offered the opportunity I'd do it again.
Pros
Soldier For Life
Cons
Productive and high pace workforce
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLFebruary 3, 2016
A typical army day is filled with a high pace productive schedule. Designed to maximize you maximum potential, Some of the best co-workers in the world
US Military... No place quite like it
Multi-Media Illustrator / Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYFebruary 3, 2016
My family/friends since the day I enlisted. If you don't know what to do with yourself, never rule this out. They say that it isn't for everyone but I guarantee that anyone could make it work.
Military
Front line supervisor for 3 (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 3, 2016
This is one of the most fulfilling opportunities you will ever have. The Army is a tough and rough job but nothing is a better feeling than serving your country.
Rewarding and enjoyable
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 3, 2016
very fast pace job and a very dangerous job at that but a great work environment and making a lot of new friends. protecting and serving my country is something ive always wanted to do
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Military deployments
U.S. Army Great Employment
Food Service Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYFebruary 3, 2016
This job equips everyone with what they need to succeed.
It is demanding but very rewarding.
You spend a lot of time with co workers and build bonds that are incomparable.
Pros
Travel, pay, benefits
Cons
Leaving your families for extended amounts of time.
Tired of writing
Senior Observer Controller/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 3, 2016
It seems that the jobs are not lining up with what Im putting in them. I will just say that I will try and fix this later. Well now its saying I have to write more in here.
Pros
Same
Cons
Same
Adventure
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Taught courage and integrity. Deployed once so far to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. I enjoy being a Police Officer in the Army. The training is phenomenal.
US Army Skills
Senior Operations and Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 3, 2016
The US Army made me an efficient worker and productive leader while providing me with skills able to deal with any obstacle.
Not for everyone
DA Civilian (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Extremely intellectually rewarding career, but not conducive to family/social life.

The hardest part of my job is living in Augusta, GA and dealing with the local culture, or lack there of.

The job itself is rewarding, but giving up so many things on the personal, social, family fronts do not make it woth while.
Pros
Great benefits, job security, good compensation
Cons
a lot of travel, closed minded extremely conservative culture, commute, Augusta is not a desired area to live
Excellent Work Enviroment
Instructor of Military Science (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILFebruary 3, 2016
The United State Army has been an excellent career. The leadership that I've had throughout my career has had an instrumental influence on the person I am today. I have worked next to some of the most talented and motivated soldiers during my career. The hardest thing about this job was being away from family during deployments. However, it was worth it because they were what I was fighting to protect. The best part of the job was the experience and the bond that I created with fellow soldiers.
fun, traveling adventure
Infantry (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKFebruary 3, 2016
leaned to know how to get a problem done with little or no support.
how to manage a group of personal to get the jobs done.
It was a really good adventure of different lands and cultures.
Pros
respect
Cons
not enough kids now learning from it
very stable and reliable work environment
Mortuary Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Loved every minute that I was in the military. Very structured and a lot of life lessons to be learned from the Armed Forces.
Pros
guranteed paycheck twice a month, healthcare
Cons
unpredictable.
Good
Private First Class (Current Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Fast paced, critical thinking is required, not for the timid. As a company it was a strong family bond like no other. That's it.
professional but fun work place
Artilleryman (Former Employee) –  jblm washingtonFebruary 3, 2016
building a team in the workplace while also being professional and getting the job done
learned how to be mature
managed my own soldiers
working with people who treated me equal
hardest part of the job is going out into the field and not showering for days on end
the most enjoyable part is when we get extra time off
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic/ Soldier (Current Employee) –  Camp Bullis, TXFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at work included physical training and learning more and more about wheeled vehicles that the army owned. We were taught to fix faults in these vehicles, and write down what we did to the vehicle for references.
Not for Everyone
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Standards aren't always upheld mostly because corrections are made person by person.

Most decisions are at commanders discretion and since everyone is different they don't all feel the same way about standards.
Pros
Consistency for work/ pay
Cons
Hours/Away from family
Great career
Director of ISAF Customs Coordination (Colonel) (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 2, 2016
A tough career but well worth it. Provides a great education and compensation package. Allows you to be all you can be. It will push you and you will be a better person
Pros
Education
Cons
deployments
Great work environment
Director of Medical Operations (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Enjoyed my 20 years with the military. Gave me amazing tools to become a great leader. I am grateful of my experiences and education that were given to me by my past leaders.

4.5