U.S. Army
15,414 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

If you are not motivated do not enlist
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), United StatesJuly 17, 2014
Pros: fantastic benefits
Cons: separation from family
If you are not motivated and have a solid support system do not enlist.
Work hard but rewarding
Indirect Fire Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJuly 17, 2014
Pros: become family with people you never thought you would
Cons: training wore down the body
I was a 11c infantryman in the United States Army on a typical I trained and had the most fun of my life I deployed with brothers not friends and we made the best of it
Productive place to work
Infantryman (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free healthcare
Cons: long days
The hours are long but the satisfaction is very worth it
I learned to be disciplined
The management is fun and easy to get along with.
My coworkers made the job fun
a total seperate culture
First Sergeant and Senior Advisor (Current Employee), fort Rucker AlabamaJuly 17, 2014
The military was a great place to learn much needed work ethics for todays corporate world.
The job
31 Kilo-Combat Signaler (Former Employee), Berlin, NHJuly 17, 2014
Loved every minute of it. Would have stayed had it not been for a personal decision I made. But the job was great!
Great Organization
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), United States, Europe, South East AsiaJuly 16, 2014
The U.S Army is a great organization which has a reputation that speaks for itself.The wonderful benefits the army offers include healthcare, housing, housing allowance, three meals per day, subsistence allowance, one month paid vacation etc. Also, great travel opportunities.
Nice place to be
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), JBLM, WAJuly 16, 2014
Inspection and minor maintenance of military vehicles and generators according to equipment manuals
Managed the daily operations of the Arrowhead Dining Facility’s Rations (Procurement and Receiving) Room which had a food inventory budget of between $10,000 to $15,000
Implemented better inventory controls and increased procurement accuracy to correct – more... an inherited budget deficit of $30,000
Delegated and oversaw the tasks of three Rations’ Room personnel
Executed a variety of recipes in accordance to Army standards – less
Great opportunity to learn
Diesel Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 16, 2014
Great way to learn and become a good hard worker. A lot of once in a life time experiences.
Great way of life. Endless Opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Various Assignments, U.S. and AbroadJuly 16, 2014
Pros: family environment at all times.
The U.S. Army provided me with the ability, skills, and knowledge to adhere to a great quality of life. It was my cornerstone to growing and seeking the education that I now have. If I could, I would do it all over again. It was a great place to work and serve. I learned great leadership skills. I managed several soldiers as an Admin Sergeant, I was – more... a team player.

The hardest part of the job was going home at the end of the day. I enjoyed serving and learning all the things that I learned. – less
Excellent Job
First Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJuly 16, 2014
Good job, excellent career and benefits. Sweet retirement
Best Job a young man can have
19D Scout/ Team leader (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free meals and rent (if single)
Cons: long hours and hard work from time to time
well you start your day at around 5:45am every day and at 6:30 you start about 2 hours of PT which you will love or hate.
After that you get a chance to go home shower and change and be back at 9AM then you will do your job till about 11:30 (jobs vary on MOS) at which point u get a hour and a half lunch much longer then most civilian jobs upon returning – more... to work you will finish out your day which varys from 4-5pm then you are done for the day. you get weekends off and one 3 day weekend a month on avg.
in general its a fantastic job – less
Great learning experience
Instructor/Writer (Current Employee), Fort Lee, VAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, teaches you structure and discipline
Cons: being away from your family for long periods of time
I enjoy my time in the military. I am currently still in but getting ready to retire. I have been deployed three times, twice to Iraq, and once to Saudi-Arabia. The military taught me a lot of discipline and values that I might not have necessarily obtained if I did not join. It has it good and bad time, but the good definitely out weighed the bad.
army
Soldier (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 16, 2014
loved every minute of this job. low pay and stressful but great people to work with and learned a lot
Productive and fun environment to work in. Operated on various machinery with proper equipment.
Utilities Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Edison, NJJuly 16, 2014
Pros: exercise, training, and environment
A typical day at work consisted of daily Physical Fitness training followed by organizational meetings to prep for our day. I learned how to become tactically and technically proficient in my field of study. My co-workers were my army colleagues. There weren't really any difficult times within this work environment, if anything, the toughest part of – more... the job was discipline. In order to be successful in the Army one had to discipline themselves and stay focus. The most enjoyable part of the Army was being able to utilize the various tools/equipment necessary to operate on the machinery at hand. Team building exercises and drills that further built comradeship. – less
Military time
M/W Systems Maintainer/Sergeant (Former Employee), Washington, DC (Korea, AZ, GA, TX)July 16, 2014
I spent 11.5 years here. Moved around the world to different posts. Some I enjoyed but some I did not. There were good and bad people I met and worked with. Learned a lot of things that still guide my life.
Productive and great place to work
Combat Medic (EMT-B) (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: job training, great team members
Cons: long hours, harsh environments
I loved my job as a emt in the army. I had so much experience gained from my service. I learned alot about medicine, how to be a healthcare provider, i learned a great amount of discipline and confidence in myself and what i could accomplish. My co-workers were my family, and i loved being a part of the organization. the hardest part of the job is being – more... far away from family, being gone for long chunks of time, in harsh conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie and satisfaction from working as a team. – less
If you want to, then it's the right job for you
Forward Observer (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KentuckyJuly 16, 2014
Everything is dependent on your attitude when enlisting. If you aren't sure, then you shouldn't do it. If you love your country and want to fight for it, this is the perfect job and you'll love every moment of it.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN...
Non Commisioned Officer in Charge (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VAJuly 16, 2014
WONDERFUL WORKING ENVIORNMENT. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ALL..REWARDING AND FULLFILLING!!!
Productive and intertaining environment
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft. Benning, GaJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free healthcare
Cons: long hours/ seperation from family
It's great working with people of all ages and race. The military brings the world to you and I admire that. I enjoyed the travel and the people I served with.
Military
Mortuary Affairs Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. LeeJuly 16, 2014
Pros: taught me discipline, structure, patience, and team
Cons: military
My days started at 0500 and it just kept moving. Discipline. Filled with diversity, but we all had each others back.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more