U.S. Army
22,910 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Enjoyed military career
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Close knit family
Cons: medical retirement
Military is one big family and we have to work well together to get the job done. Being able to work with all types of people is a very rewarding experience.
Seinor Non-Commissioned Officer
Senior Non-Commissioned officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZ.July 1, 2015
The U.S Army is a fantastic organization to learn leadership skills, critical thinking skills and self discipline. It gave me a foundation to build success and achieve my personal goals.
Great experience
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCJuly 1, 2015
The day started with physical fitness. Once physical fitness is complete then the day begins with the most important to get done until your task are complete for the day and prepare for the next. The Army is place where you learn to be a leader and leadership skills. You meet so many people from so many different places. I enjoyed everything about the Army and my job as well.
Great experience
Debt Management Specialist, and Customer Service (Former Employee), DongducheonJuly 1, 2015
Although I consider this a great experience, I know it is not for everyone. The most difficult part is being away from your family of course and having to endure situations that you normally wouldn't go through.
US Army
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 1, 2015
Security
Diffused hostile situations with effective negotiation techniques.
Supervised security for $50 million of highly sensitive equipment resulting in zero loss in a 1-year period.
Secured key control for over $100 million of equipment, with no incidents.

Communication
Communicated effectively with diverse populations; efficiently managed a diverse work force while serving as a Team Leader.
Served as the primary point of contact for supply operations, including requests for product and inventory.
Reported daily tasks, and reports to higher command while serving as a Team Leader.

Supervision
Provided leadership of 10 personnel ensuring safety while in a combat environment.
Establish work schedules and execution of tasks.

Physical Fitness
Designed personal training programs that ensured physical readiness.
Coordinated and instructed physical fitness to 10 personal on a daily basis.

Training
Evaluated the effectiveness of training programs and recommended improvements to upper management.
Arranged ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.

Radio Communications
Perform preventive maintenance checks and services on radio equipment.
Communicated effectively while in a combat environment.
Various techniques used to clarify, simplify, and standardize spoken communications over radios, while serving as a Team Leader in the U.S. military.
A great opportunity to travel and see the world while serving your country.
Human Resource Officer (Military) (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, Florida 33782July 1, 2015
Pros: Connecting with different types and levels of personnel in all different areas
Cons: Coordinating last minute projects that someone failed to get done
Great opportunity to serve your country while learning about leadership, mentoring, diversity, training and choosing a career that is fulfilling and will sustain you and the family for a very long time. A great opportunity to travel and see the world.
Challenging and rewarding job.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Rewarding career with unlimited opportunity for advancement/promotion.
Cons: Very limited family/down time.
A typical day as a team leader for the Army is very demanding. As a team leader you have the responsibility of your soldiers health and welfare. You are responsible for their training, and also helping them with their personal life problems that may arise.
Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2015
I was a nice place to work, we just didn't see eye to eye on somethings. I was a flooring installer but was originally hired to deliver flooring supplies.
Fast paced work environment but fun.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Fort CampbellJuly 1, 2015
A large amount of stress everyday due to the war effort. 12 hour days are common with weekends off unless overseas. Co-workers are the most morale boosting part of this organization.
Excelleng establishment
Logistics Officer (Current Employee), IndianaJuly 1, 2015
A typical day consists of managing all essential tasks for soldiers at the company level. It is a fun and dynamic job with a variety of environments
Great for life skills
Cavalry Scout/Recruiter (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJuly 1, 2015
Instilled leadership, purpose, and motivation. Gave me a great foundation and the true understanding of a great work ethic.
Senior NCO
Senior Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Meet a lot of good people, enjoyed job
Cons: being away form family, lose of fellow soldiers
During my military time I had the chance to meet lots of good soldiers and learn about weapons, equipment, cultures, and countries. learned how to manage, direct, train, encourage and motivate soldiers.
great career
Operations Specialist/ (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 1, 2015
The military is a great career for individuals who love their country and want to gain great skilled training. The military has great benefits for soldiers and their families.
Honor to serve
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Serving
Cons: Its the Military
It's the military. It's difficult and many things you do day to day don't make much sense. However once you are out you learn to appreciate the time served and you learn it was some of the best years of your life
Fun
Financial Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Deployments
If you find the right MOS then you will enjoy your job. The people are what make the experience worth wild. You'll have plenty of stories to tell.
Not enough time for family
Automated Logistics Specialist 92A (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 1, 2015
I basically shipped, received, and tracked new and used products that came in and out of our warehouse. I also kept an inventory of all our products that we had in stock or on back order.
Adapting and Overcoming
68w (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis-McChordJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great comradely, education opportunities, and medical care
Cons: All personal plans subject to higher approval
I worked at the base hospital for 10 months of the year, rotating shifts between 1, 2, and 3rd shift every 3 weeks. (Hardest and easiest part) During 4 months of summer I spent time in the field training officer cadets in emergency medicine, and basic field care. Life in the military is another way of living, instead of planning around your job, your life is planned around what your job is. Don't expect a easy time if you want to succeed, and move up in rank. Always ask if you don't know, if you do know, do, do not linger or waste time. Put forth 100% effort to daily missions, and classes.
Army life
Information Systems Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Eglin AFB, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Many benefits, Days off
Cons: Long works hours (sometimes 16) and sloppy management
The experience in the army varies depending on which duty station you end up at and the major command (MACOM). In my instance, I was in a high tempo environment, where there as many as 2 -3 deployments per year. While the tempo was high, we were typically given some time off to spend with our families. Work was sometimes hectic, there was high demand across the board for support on missions and exercises. Due to this, planning was overall dysfunctional, and tasks were implemented at the last minute. It got pretty stressful, though somehow it was manageable (you'll get used to it).

Most of the people I've worked with now I've known for a long time. So you can say that I was in somewhat of a brotherhood. Most of us hung out each other on the weekends, came to each others parties, baby showers, etc. So even if you didn't like a person at first, you'll grow tolerate him/her eventually.

For me, I liked doing the computer parts about my job, but not necessarily the military part. While managing servers, configuring routers and switches and fixes desktops was fun. The constant unneeded time constraints, so-so management and stressful deployments can wear on you quite a bit.
Great people from to be around and lots to learn
automated logistical specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: great benifits some good people
Cons: favoritism, lack of respect, bad leadership
630 am formation to 730 then 900 work day. you learn evrything from shipping to receiving to management skills. co worker are great people to be a round and fun to work with. the hardest part of this job is to get the customer to come pick up their parts. the most enjoyable part of this job is the people i get to me.
Exciting place to work and new adventure at a late age
E2 25C Radio Controller (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 1, 2015
A typical work day would start early in the morning and early to bed to start all over again.
They would have something to learn every day

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries