U.S. Army
18,534 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

U.S. Army aviation
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. Drum, NyDecember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits!!! aviation pretty laid back compared to most ground units.
Cons: permission must be granted to travel (x)miles on weekends and holidays. deployments.
One of the best moves I could of made in life. The Army takes complete care of it's soldiers (medical, dental, vision, life insurance) free for service member and family. Teaches discipline and team work while learning job skills that can be transferred into civilian workforce.
rewarding place to work
Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Riley North, KSDecember 15, 2014
working here makes you realize your a strong hardworking American willing to die for your country. I worked on a lot of construction equipment and worked as a office assistant while I was pregnant.
Exciting, Fulfilling, Hard work, Rewarding
specialist/E-04 (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CoDecember 15, 2014
Pros: comradary
Cons: n/a
Loved being a soldier felt i made an impact in my country. very rewarding worked, everyday was a challenge and always exciting with never a dull moment.
boring unorganized
Infantry Rifleman (Former Employee), ApoDecember 14, 2014
had to deal with favoritism people who didn't know their jobs and did not care about family of soldiers
Interesting and Learning Experience Every Day
Receptionist/Veterinary Technician (Former Employee), Fort George G Meade, MDDecember 14, 2014
Pros: comradery, benifits, education, holidays
Cons: new military, supervisors
A typical day at work would be doing physical fitness from 0700 to 0800, and coming into work at 0900. Would either being running treatment rooms seeing owners and patients, or being up front acting as a receptionist, or would being doing paper correspondence. I learned a lot throughout my time being there and throughout the military. I learned how – more... to be more social, be more confident, and how to interact with people. Became more of an experienced veterinary technician. The hardest part of my job for me involved the Rabies Management Program, some of the owners of the animals were not very compliant at times, but we made it work. The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying customers, helping animals, and enjoying working with my co-workers. – less
So much fun
Non Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), All Over, U.S.A.December 14, 2014
Everyday in uniform was a blast. I loved working for the military, and doing the things that I did on a daily basis.
Best job I ever Had.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Ft. Benning, Germany, France, Ft, LewisDecember 14, 2014
Pros: excellent character builder.
Cons: conforming to change
I never felt so alive as when I was a soldier. Marksmanship, comradery and teamwork. I loved learning the limits of myself.
15 Years of Service
Patrolman, Squad Leader, Patrol Supervisor (Current Employee), MultipleDecember 14, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: extended time away from family
A typical day of work starts at 0500 am when you wake up. Physical Fitness is one of the pillars of the Army and it is the first thing that you do in the morning. It usually lasts about an hour and a half and then you have an hour to shower and eat breakfast. The normal duty day starts at 930am. Work can consist of administration work or tactical work, – more... The Military Occupational Skill (MOS) is really dependent on what you do in your daily work life. The days can end as early as 5pm or later depending on the tasks that need to be done that day. – less
Many years of discipline
Combat Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYDecember 14, 2014
I wake up at 5:00am get ready and conduct physical fitness for 2 hours. Change, shower, eat breakfast in 30 minutes and start a 12 hour work day. This for almost 17 years now. I have learned so many things, worked with so many wonderful people, have lost many wonderful friends in the process, while honoring this great country of ours.
Great job
Supply Sergeant for Fort George G Meade (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WADecember 14, 2014
Leader in supply position, great job, co worker were good to be around, Boss were decent to work for
Fast paced and result oriented overall a great place to work
Automated Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYDecember 14, 2014
Pros: benefits for myself and family, housing, location
Cons: no overtime for working late or weekends
Typical day consists of compilation of daily reports and maintenance meetings dispatching of various vehicles for day to day operations. acquisitioning of parts and processing of parts received. Management of shop stock and bench stock parts and system back up at the end of the day. Managed mentored and trained a team of 4 personnel to run day to day – more... operations. Hardest part of the job was having enough personnel at times to get jobs done. Most enjoyable part of this job would definitely be being around a group of people that are willing and ready to work towards the end goal and the customer service that is provided. – less
Job security, health benefits, education and able to advance.
Automated Logistic Spcecialist (Former Employee), Fort Ord, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: health care and education
Cons: being away from family long periods of time.
The army trained me to be a leader, team player, multitask and experience to do my job.
Hard yet fun work enviroment
Army (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GADecember 14, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner, and housing
Cons: long hours, got hurt
Would work long days from 0400 to around 2200 everyday, always doing something, either it was cleaning a weapon to clean the floors, doing a lot of stuff with some expensive equipment, and learning life goals everyday.
The drill sergeants were very important people they helped us through it all I can say I would love to go back if I had the opportunity – more... to arise once more, got to work with individuals that were interested into the same field that I would like to go into. – less
It's the Army
Aviation Unit Commander, Aviation Safety Officer (Former Employee), CONUS, S. E.Asia, S.W. Asia, Latin AmericaDecember 13, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: some days are severely trying
Long, often challenging days with significant personal risk. Team work is vital and I mean, vital. You will rely on your co-workers like few other occupations.
Long separations from family and friends. Your fellow soldiers are your greatest asset. There are many days of sorrow and separation.
army strong
vehicle mechanic (Former Employee), ksDecember 13, 2014
Pros: exellent work security
Cons: job hazards
loved it. Could have work until retirement if not for the hazards.
Great time and experience
Air Defense (Former Employee), VariedDecember 13, 2014
Can't say enough about the Army. Learned so much and got to do even more. The knowledge I gained from my superiors and my peers will help me in my future endeavors. I learned how to be a team player and take the lead when necessary. I would gladly recommend going into the military for anyone that is interested.
Love Army
Automated Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCDecember 13, 2014
The best job I ever had, good benefits, career advance, emotional support, good health care, good pay, payed education, is like the dream job.
Education and Life Long Skills for the Future
11C INFANTRY MORTARMEN (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYDecember 13, 2014
Long hours of the day that made it difficult to balance family life with work.
I am a very charismatic, and energized to work hard and complete any task i am prosented with, and it will be done the write way i a timely manner.
Police Officer, Operation Speacialist U.S. Navy (Former Employee), Norfolk, V.A.December 13, 2014
Pros: i like the thrill of speeding toward unknown ships.
Cons: no chance of promotion.
Four years honorable service as an operation specialist in the navy as well as a military police officer. I have secret clearance until 2020. I'm friendly and can work with people well. I left the navy due to end of contract and have many awards and have been on two deployments on the U.S. Navel destroyer Bainbridge.
Overall the Army was a great experience
squad leader (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSDecember 13, 2014
The Army itself is a hard life, but the learning experiences, life lessons, integrity and strength it instills in you makes it all worth it. Just like with any job not all management styles are the same, nor will they all be the most effective for each and every person you come in contact with, the Army was a great experience and If given the chance – more... I would do it all over again. – less

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more