U.S. Army
23,482 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Fuel Operations NCOIC
Fuel Operations NCOIC (Former Employee), everywhereJuly 25, 2015
Hard demanding job that requires constant change and adaptation to the current and ever changing work conditions and requierments.
Professional development and adventures
Supply Advisor & Operation Manager (Current Employee), Fort Rucker, ALJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, retired benefits
Cons: Some hardship tour away from family
Army is a great organization, it give you the opportunity to develop yourself. They provide the resource needed to make sure you are well train to meet the objective. Also have the opportunity to work in place around the world and experience different culture.
It's the army.
Physical Fitness Facility Team Member (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Free Healthcare
Cons: Major Loss of free time
I really don't know what to put here. It's the Army. Long hours, low pay, in a politically correct, but rewarding career. Great peers, but normally bad leadership.
Great Job Opportunity
multi channel transmissions systems operator (Current Employee), worldwideJuly 25, 2015
Pros: many benefits
Cons: unstable work hours
Working In the Army was the best experience of my life. Specializing in communications was even better, it gave me a skill set that is invaluable for life outside.
Best job ever
Private - Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), new yorkJuly 25, 2015
Started this job at a young age great experience I would recommend everyone serve for this great country it prepared me for life
developed great leadership skills
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 24, 2015
I enjoyed my time with the U.S. Army. I developed great leadership and inter-personal skills while serving in the military.
hard and lots of hours
Senior Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of family time
work to hard and don't spend time with family. You sacrifice to much of your time at work and some time depending on the leadership above you they don't care about your personal time with family.
A life changing experience
Infantry Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lewis,WAJuly 24, 2015
Wake up for formation which would be followed by some type of workout decided the previous day and after a breakfast and shower there would be the training for said day.
If I could do it again I most definitely would
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Iraq, Hawaii, South Korea & USJuly 24, 2015
It's the type of discipline every young man needs. I learned a lot about teamwork, following orders & delivering what's expected of me even in the most stressful times.
Multi-Functional Squad Leader (Current Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Long Hours
Great organization to learn skills. Provides a foundation to develop leadership skills, coaching, and mentoring. This organization has allowed me to hone my skill and be dedicated to achieve the maximum results in all goals I set forth.
professional and fullfilling
Deputy Chief to Director (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: global; human dimension
Cons: stress; work hours
empowering subordinates; supporting professional and personally the lives of employees and leaders; major impact on the organization effectiveness.
Life changing experience
Military Police/Lead driver (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 24, 2015
Pros: guaranteed pay
Cons: overseas tours
Joining the armed service was the best decision of my life. The Army will give anyone a plethora of skills needed to obtain an entry level job adequate to support themselves and there families
should have stayed in
4.2" Morter (Former Employee), Ft. Walton Beach, FloridaJuly 24, 2015
I have some excellent memories of the army and if I had any sense at the time I would have stayed in. I got to jump out of airplanes and helicopters, repel and experience other cultures.
Chalenging work place
Forward Observer (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Pay was good and benifits.
Cons: Life risking at times.
Physical work fun at times and worked with different people. Had a good 20 years . Traveled a lot to different places seen a lot of things .
awesome
Sergeant (Current Employee), El Paso TXJuly 24, 2015
The Army offers health and dental benefits, vacation time, family services, special pay for special duties, cash allowances to cover the cost of living, and money to repay your college loans.
Workplace environment
Non-Commissioned Officer E-5 (Former Employee), Ft. HoodJuly 24, 2015
Daily duties started from 0545 am until 5:00 pm. Every day consisted of different activities. Management was lacking structure on almost every level.
Great work place
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), United States.July 24, 2015
Pros: Good benefits.
Cons: They have total control of your life.
I loved that I was able to travel around the world. I enjoyed my job. I did physical training. I enjoyed my coworkers in most locations.
Showed me character and how to be more proficient with others
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: showed me much able life and how it really is through many perspectives.
Cons: Id have to say the things I wasnt ordered to do.
I learned how to interact with all different kinds of people, handle all situations that came to me calm and collectively, and to observe my surroundings and pay attention to detail (apart of my typical day at work as well).
The hardest part of the job was that there were enemies but ultimately people fighting for their own purpose just as we are and the most enjoyable would be binding together with people from all over the country that obtained various backrounds.
Being A Soldier in the U.S. Army
Admin Assistant/ Organization Defense Travel Agent (Former Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Serving my country
Cons: none
My 14 years in the Army are best 14 years of my working life. with three deployments under my belt, I had the pleasure to serve with the best in combat. I have no regrets other than getting medically separated out of the Army.

It was a pleasure meeting different Soldiers, male and female and all races and ethnicities. One of the hardest things in the Army was being away from family. However, it was worth it in order to make America safer.
exciting environment to work for somethingnew every day
Bridge Crewmember/Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 24, 2015
job training and on the job training towards your job/skill. good pay and medical and paid schooling and training to other destinations for advancement.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries