U.S. Army
15,160 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

A variety of experiences
Financial Management Officer (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits, fair promotion system, built in physical fitness time
Cons: unpredictable schedule, lack of freedom
The position(s) I have held/currently hold in the U.S. Army have given me the opportunity to learn how to operate in several different environments. A typical day at work depends on whether deployed or in the United States. Currently, my day starts at approximately 6:30, where I perform physical training between 7 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. The regular work – more... day begins at 9:30 a.m., and typically ends at five p.m., depending on the day's mission. Some weekends are lost due to work.

The Army's personnel management requires management to change every two years, so I have seen several types of management, from very laid back to micromanagement. – less
Recruiting
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: most rewarding job i ever had
Cons: na
This Is the best career you can have . I am ready to move on and use my leadeship and help new companies become sucessful
Very structured and outlined expectations.
Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKJuly 2, 2014
Pros: very diverse regions of the world, great benefits, availability for advancement and promotions
Cons: being away from home for long periods of time, stresses of combat, and very very fast work pace.
-Administrative work.
-Personnel counseling and developement.
-Conducted classes and blocks of instruction on standards of procedures.
-Trained and lead subbordinates.
-Physical readiness.
Productive and fast paced
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 2, 2014
working here was a unique experience. Something interesting happened everyday. Had the opportunity to interact with a lot of different people everyday.
US ARMY
MILITARY POLICE (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 2, 2014
HURRY UP AND WAIT. YOU LEARN PATIENCE. LEARNED TO KEEP A CLEAN APPEARANCE
Squad Leader
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJuly 2, 2014
Responsible for the moral, training and welfare of up to 30 Soldiers; Learned the importance of team work and cross-training different jobs; managed up to 30 Soldiers and up to 3 million dollars of equipment; toughest part of the job would be staying away from family during deployments and extremely long hours of work; the satisfying feeling of serving – more... my country and mentoring the Soldiers under my charge become successful – less
For me - a great starting point
Information Systems Analyst and Operator (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 2, 2014
Pros: reliable paycheck, fantastic benefits, opportunities for job experience
Cons: occasional long work hours, bad management can ruin your career
I spent 7 years in the army gaining valuable experience in Information Technology. It can sometimes be a hard field to get started in. I've received several certifications (Net+, Sec+, CCNA) at absolutely no cost to me. The benefits for yourself and your family can't be beat anywhere. Just about everything (other than plastic surgery and stuff like – more... that) are fully covered under military healthcare.

Depending on who is in charge of you can really determine if you like it or not. Have a bad manager then you just might hate everything about what you do. Have a good one then you're going to love almost every day you go into work. The work/life balance can get a little one-sided. You can spend 10+ hours a day at work depending on what your mission might be. That being said; you also get a lot of days off when there is an opportunity (it averages at least one 3-day weekend a month). And then there's deployments. It's obvious how much that sucks. – less
Army
Rifleman (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: everything
The United States Army is by far the best orginisation I've ever enlisted to. Meeting new soldiers and civilians as well as get to travel to amazing places.
Met some of the best people of my life.
commo (Former Employee), The WorldJuly 2, 2014
This is by far one of the best ways to start out in life, I only wish I took advantage of the G.I. Bill, and I now regret not re-enlisting.
Military
Warehouse Associate/ Section Manager (Former Employee), Doha, DAWJuly 2, 2014
Managed more than a million dollars worth of medical equipment. Days consisted of picking at least 800 line items with 5 personnel as well as storing on average 56 pallets of medical equipment.
13 year veteran
Sergeant First Class (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 2, 2014
The United States Army was great opportunity for me to learn and grow
Love the Army
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 2, 2014
A typical day was an early morning prep to feed the soldier, I enjoyed all my soldiers and my leadership, the most enjoyable part of the job knowing that you can put smiles on people facing serving them great meals.
Discipline and job advancement
Unit Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: healthcare and job security
Cons: diployment
I enjoyed being a active duty soldier. I learned about discipline and hard work during my time in service. I traveled the world and meet great people.
Never had a more enjoyable job before in my life
Electrician on AH-64A Helicopter (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 2, 2014
The days were long but went by very fast since we were always busy and there was plenty of work to finish. I received a lot of training during this experience and learned a lot definitely want to learn much more. The co-workers were always fun to work with and since we had a small number in our shop we were all close. There wasn't really a hard part – more... for this job but i enjoyed every about this job. – less
Defence of nation
Assist in the preparation of operational plans (Former Employee), HawaiiJuly 2, 2014
Set up and operated various communications systems.
Assist in the preparation of operational plans.
Used computers or manual calculations for planning purposes.
Maintained a Secret security clearance during military career.
Productive, good benefits, great people
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 2, 2014
Always knew what day to day task were, always well informed of weekly schedules. Had great leaders and co-workers.
infantryman
Airborne Infantryman (Former Employee), JBER, AkJuly 2, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: time away from family
enjoyed deployments, disliked garrison. Must be a master of other jobs as well as your own. good sense of teamwork and brotherhood.
Productive place to work with great co workers
Geospatial Analyst Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 2, 2014
On a typical day in the US army we get a lot accomplished. We start with Physical Training in the morning and move on to our daily tasks through out the day. We do everything from basic soldier tasks to creating GIS products.
Fast paced workplace with alot or risk
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great health benifits for myself and family
Cons: dangerous work enviroment.
Monitor the inmate activity through out the day within their living area, work area, recreation area, and work area.
love it
Vehicle commander (Former Employee), germany, iraq, texasJuly 2, 2014
wish i could rejoin. stable pay and you knew what was going to happen prior to it happening

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more