U.S. Army
18,020 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Learned a lot, great expierence
Multi-channel Transmission System Operator (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZNovember 17, 2014
Great benefits, long hours. Chance of traveling. Being a female in the army is not easy.
Goal oriented organization with incentives
Senior Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee), Burnsville MinnesotaNovember 17, 2014
Pros: public relations, like minded individuals
Cons: long hours, lack of resources
o 5:30-7:00 a.m. is phisical training, 8:30 a.m. checking e-mails in order to redirect Soldiers and Sergeants to accomplish more tasks outside of daily business, 6:00 p.m. analyzed what was accomplished during the day and prioritized the next day's work schedule.

o I learned how to multi-task, time management, honed interpersonal skills, develop and – more... balance schedules, and articulating my ideas to other senior leaders.

o I have learned/ developed the skills needed to take the vision(s) of the company's leadership team in order to motivate co-workers to acomplish their part of the vision(s).

o The hardest part of my job has been the continous balancing of resources and workforce in a rapidly changing environment.

o The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my co-worker's smiles and overall happiness while performing their tasks in a difficult environment. – less
Artillery For Life
Cannon Crewmember, MOS (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: we were a family
Cons: mising my family
Entered the army in 1983 as a Cannon Crewmember, Artillery. was a challenging profession.
Pretty cool
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WANovember 16, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Lots of learning opportunities with wide range of technologies being used
- Good pay and benefits
- Management cares for personal growth and career development
Cons
- Some times work-life balance can be a challenge depending on the team.
Great Job not for everyone
Network and Computer Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Boise, IDNovember 16, 2014
Pros: consumes a lot of family time.
Cons: awesome medical benefits.
The experience in the army varies from unit to unit. For the most part the unit will work with you when it comes to needing to get things done outside of work.
Pretty Cool
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Fort CampbellNovember 16, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: constant training, ranges, field problems, unfair system
I loved the army. I provided stability and benefits for me and my family.
Fun in the sun.
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician (Former Employee), White Sands Missile Range, NMNovember 16, 2014
Pros: excellent promotions, and chances if you keep your nose clean.
Cons: hard, tough, and dirt jobs. at the end of the day it was worth it because the mission was accomplished.
Opportunity abound.
My life outside the military is 100 percent boring compared to just one day at work.
I had chances to do things and see things I never thought I could. I traveled to foreign lands, saw and protected heads of state, and wore the uniform of a US Army Staff Sargent proudly.
Great Experience
Communication Spc, Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LANovember 16, 2014
Pros: everything.
Cons: you are always at work.
Joined the U.S. Army after my first year of college. I was able to learn a lot and there was a lot of room for advancement. A typical work day was waking up at 5am, starting work at 6, and staying active with work training until around 5pm. Great benefits. I deployed twice with the military. Most enjoyable part is you work with a family.
Loved this Job
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), AlaskaNovember 16, 2014
Traveld the world Iraq, Korea, Alaska, and Afghanistan twice.
Basic Training, and everything that comes with it.
Trainee in Basic Training (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OklahomaNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free food, exercise, decent wages, excellent training
A typical day is spent anywhere from an unorganized frenzy of confusion to a slow, unproductive crawl. I've learned a great deal about taking care of myself, being a better person, and how to best work in a large group. The Officers in charge were very professional, if a bit moody. This is most likely because of the training environment however. Fellow – more... soldiers were immature and in need of a good kicking, but still managed to slink by and get assigned tasks done. Hardest part of Basic training is other people. Most enjoyable part is Rifle Ranges and the Grenade Range. – less
Productive with busy and loud environment
Army Carpenter and Masonry Specialist (Current Employee), Gulfport MSNovember 16, 2014
In this field there's a lot of noise due to productivity. The environment is stress free and the management are a joy to have around.
Management and Commuincation
Network and Computer Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Fort Carson, CONovember 16, 2014
Great Management and proper communication between supervisor's and employee's.
Great leadership opportunities andf job security
Finance Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WANovember 16, 2014
The a profession that values discipline and hard work. Schedule is predictable. Lots of bureaucracy.
The ability to be flexible
18F Intelligence Analyst/ First Line Supervisor (Current Employee), JBLM, Tacoma WA, 98433November 16, 2014
A typical day at work I would have to say, you have to be flexible and willing to adapt to change at a minute notice. I learned that out of the box thinking can be of great help at times and can impact your environment tremendously. You have to have the ability to manage day-to-day issues, my co-workers are some of the most diverse individual that I – more... have had the pleasure to be around. The hardest of my job is managing multiple events and to work out any issues that may occur with the events and any giving time. The most enjoyable part of my job as is the diversity and the changes that come with it. To see the product to the end and the success of the event. – less
Good workplace, but repetative and boring
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYNovember 16, 2014
Pros: education benefits, job security, and oppurtunity to travel
Cons: tiring and not something id come back to
Meet good people, unorganized work environment, trust in others was not very good at all either.
Great experience
Senior Unit Logistic Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKNovember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: n/a
great jump start on life, management was good, hardest part was beinfg away from family
A cornerstone of my development
UH-60 Crew Chief/ Mechanic (Former Employee), World WideNovember 16, 2014
Pros: global, cultural, college opportunities
The most rewarding 6 years of my adult life. The Army is a method of advancement for just about anyone out there, it offers a multicultural and well rounded work place, with opportunities for advancement and a global work place.
Great Place to serve
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 16, 2014
Pros: great travel, good pay and benefits, job security
Cons: dangerous, long hours, a lot of travel
Less than one percent of the population serves in the military and it is a great place to learn valuable skills, strengthen values, and have an overall job satisfaction.
Great co-workers, challenging job
Specialist 4 (Former Employee), Fort PolkNovember 16, 2014
Waking up early as 3 AM and staying at work late is quite a normal week day. Though there is a feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day. Physical training was tough but it always boost my self confidence. I loved working at rations. There's physical part like unloading trucks and putting the food boxes away to their respective freezers/ration – more... rooms. And there is budgeting and reporting. Overall it was a great experience. – less
Demanding job and great people to work with.
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 16, 2014
Long hours with lots of paper work. Learned how to multitask and get things done in a timely manner. Communicated with other people in order to make sure everything dealing with a deployment is on track to ship out on time.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more