U.S. Army
16,549 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Dignifying and worth the time and effort.
Front Line Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, educational benefits
Cons: family time, time management, certain policies
The Army has served my family and I well. I've learned how to accomplish several things and what not to do in other area's. I've served my county honorably and would say that you get what you put out of it.
Productive workplace that allows a person to gain a wealth of knowledge and experience
Senior Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free education; free healthcare, free dental, unlimited job training classes, 20 year retirement plan
Cons: length and frequencey of deployments to combat zones
A typical work day consists of me managing property, purchasing supplies and equipment and managing govt credit and travel card programs.
I have learned a great deal throughout my years in the military. The military taught me how to survive on my own and make conscious decisions. It taught me how to manage not only my own life but the lives of my subordinates – more... as well.
I learned how to effectively manage people. As a manager you must know your subordinates and realize one person's weakness may be another person's strength. I've learned how to treat everyone the same regardless of race, religion, gender, age, or nation origin.
I have had good and bad coworkers over the years but the one thing I've learned was to understand everyone has a different opinion.
The hardest part of my job is leaving my family for a year or more at a time going into a combat zone.
The most enjoyable parts of the job is meeting people from all walks of life, meeting and making lifetime friends, and knowing that I'm providing a service to my country. – less
Productive Work, Deployment schedule
Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort CampbellSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: no work on weekends for the most part. healthcare
Cons: deployments, long hours most days
No set hours at work, mission dependent. Team building experiences were great. Leadership involved in everyday activities
Fun workplace
Bay Guard (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VASeptember 12, 2014
A typical day at work was wake up at 4 am and go do exercise eat at 6 am and start work by 8 am
•Dental Captain with rotations in removable prosthodontics, endodontics, fixed prosthetics, periodontics and oral surgery
Captain (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VASeptember 12, 2014
Great Leadership Development Opportunity
Operations Officer (Major) (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Throughout your time in the Army you will develop strong leadership skills, while also learning to develop those skills in others. Additionally, in this stressful environment you will learn how to manage projects on a daily basis, many under time constraints. The greatest drawback is your time away from your family. However, there is no great cause/purpose – more... then defending your country. – less
very high energy and progressive work enviorment
Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great pay with great benifits
Cons: strict guidlines
in the us army i had great benifits great drive, a typical day at work was going from the bunk to you mos to the bunk agian was in my opinion the best work enviorment ever. i learned how to be a leader, how to push myself beyond what i thought i could do, grea chain of command,
great job
Mechanic / Team Leader / Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GASeptember 12, 2014
Great job and fellow employees. I was tired of being gone from home.
Great Job with great benefits
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: benefits. full medical, dental, and family benefits
Cons: long absences away from family
The US Army is a great job with great benefits. I believe that the biggest drawback is the hardship on families with long deployments and other absences. I have learned an incredible amount in my job along with having opportunities to travel and work with all types of different people and cultures.
Fun place to work
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 12, 2014
Very physical job. Job varies from day to day. Duties are what is needed for each day.
Very rewarding place to work.
Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear tech (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GASeptember 12, 2014
An typical day in the Army can vary so much depending on your mission or job. Everyone learns to be an soldier in Basic training the principle foundation serving an protecting our nation. You learn your mission oriented skills in AIT where you learn your skill set that you will perform on an daily basis.
good site
First Sergeant, Bravo Company (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSSeptember 12, 2014
good employment opportunities

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Worked on blackhawk helicopters
Helicopter Repairer (Former Employee), koreaSeptember 12, 2014
Maintain and repair aircraft, worked long hours such as from 0630 to 2300. Worked well individually as well as a team player
signal support
Signal Support System Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKSeptember 12, 2014
fast paced work enviroment consitently learning new things in support of the mission.
Outstanding work environment that keeps you on your toes.
Senior Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), JBLM, WASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: medical for the rest of your life. benefits and job satisfaction.
Cons: deployments and being away from your family allot.
Everyday was exciting. The Army is a fast-paced work environment that serves our great nation both during hostile and garrison cultures. I have learned a great deal of management techniques that would serve any organization well. I am in charge of over 130 personnel who stay motivated and are driven to better themselves. My co-workers work extremely – more... well within our work establishment. The hardest part of the day is leaving knowing that there is a lot of work to still get done. The Army is very physical and demands allot on your body so you must stay in shape. The most enjoyable part of the Army is watching your employees grow within the organization and the team work and friendships you make. – less
Great career with life long benefits.
Aviation Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Los Alamitos, CASeptember 11, 2014
Learn great leadership skills while having the opportunity to complete college classes.
Productive, very Culturely Diversed,
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), U.S.ASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: insurance life and medical
Cons: away from family
Very helpful it opens your eyes to alot that goes on in the world travel
Life experience not just a job
Assistant Deputy Chief of Nursing (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits for my family and i
Cons: army owning your life
The infantry and leading my platoon in Iraq was an experience I will never forget. When I transitioned to the Nursing Corps, the military people were nothing like the infantry men. I loved to help my patients.
Lots of commitment. You will never forget the people.
Unmanned Aircraft Commander/Operator (Former Employee), AfgahnistanSeptember 11, 2014
Long days.
0630 - Physical Training minimum 5 days a week
0900 - Work Call
1630 - End of Work Day
Lots of training. Most days do not adhere to schedule posted above.
Discipline and maturity are a must for advancement.
Great deal of personal growth as you are challenged and exposed to new things.
Personal life is secondary. Your primary concern is work.
U.S. Army
Utilities Equipment Repairer/Recruite (Former Employee), United States, South Korea and GermanySeptember 11, 2014
Served almost 10 years in the U.S. Army. Traveled all over the world and the United States. It was a growing experience and it taught me how to cope with jobs and people in the Civilian life.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more