U.S. Army
20,287 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Great for single people
Military Police Supervisor (Former Employee), abroadMarch 2, 2015
Amazing opportunities to travel and experience new things. Fun atmosphere, meet a lot of new people. overall great job
Awesome benefits
ADMINISTRAIVE ASSISTANT/ OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good compensation
Cons: home life
A great place to start if you're unsure of what you want to do in life. Its a great opportunity to serve your country, and make good money and support your families.
Strong Teamwork and Goal Oriented Environment
Troop Commander (Director) (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 2, 2015
The Army is and was a great place to build potential leaders. Everyday was a challenge to balance the needs the unit and the mission. Leadership is important at every level of the organization, regardless if you've only been in a year or over 20. The most enjoyable part of the job is the chance to take charge of a team and lead it to a shared objective or goal. The hardest part was making sure all timelines were met.
25U (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: long lunch
Cons: work to much
Always on your toes,never a dull moment co-workers helps you out when you are in a jam always helpful anytime i needed something co-workers was there to help
Fast paced lifestyle with lots of traveling oppurtunities.
Team Lead /Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 1, 2015
It was fun but contract is up and I want to enjoy other things in life. If you want to know more join the army. Ok so I don't understand how my review matters about this job considering I know longer work there. I am looking for a new job there for what I know about this one, like or dislike about it, truly is none of anyone's business.
operations
Interior Electrician (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 1, 2015
poor management a lack of discipline and poor timing for any tasking that is being dropped by higher up enjoy the company of other soldiers not higher ups
The best training ever.
Specialist/ Senior Unit Level Arms Room Tech (Former Employee), Fort Drum NYMarch 1, 2015
Pros: highest level traing possible, great management skills.
Cons: deploymants
I learned several tactics to deal with and overcome any objective. Learning to never give up always find a way and above all deal with every situation with certainty.
Terrible place to work
Soldier (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 1, 2015
Though I learned a lot in the Army, the management culture of senior leadership was terrible. Gross mistreatment of Soldiers is rampant.
Career Potentials
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 1, 2015
Being in the military allows for many career capabilities as well as shaping individuals into strong, skilled, leaders
Great Organization
Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Leonard Wood MissouriMarch 1, 2015
Great organization. Great advancement opportunities. Great pay and benefits. Serving the country was an honor. This is a 24/7 365 day job. It is not only a career it is a lifestyle. The hardest thing about this job is being away from family a year at a time every other year due to deployments. The best part about the job is the people serving next to you.
Truck driver
Truck driver/supervisor (Former Employee), kileen txMarch 1, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: work hours
The hours were 24/7 was the bad part hardly no time off. I love to travel and that was a perk. I enjoyed the work as a truck driver and pulling tankers out of the field. I loved it but it was time to get out.
Structured environment
Tank Gunner / Supervisor (Former Employee), Ft. Hood, TxMarch 1, 2015
Early workout session at 6AM, an hour break for personal hygiene and food. back to work till 5PM for various admin, physical labor, appointments, meetings, and classes.

I acquired knowledge skills and leadership of a combat soldier. becoming a supervisor two years before the standard requirement, due to my initiative in the absence of leadership.

Management was very hands on, guiding you through every task/ process. Available at any time of need for reference.

Co-workers are highly motivated and supportive of any task as well as your development to become a potential leader.

The hardest part of the Army is being away from family and friends months on end. In a stressful environment. With minimal sleep and contact with supportive family members.

The most enjoyable part of serving in the U.S Army, is knowing you are making a difference for your community, state and country. by keeping your families safe via deployment to foreign countries to keep the threat away from the U.S.
Overall a great experience
Hawk Fire Control Repairer (Former Employee), Redstone Arsenal, ALMarch 1, 2015
Pros: camaraderie, advancement opportunities, benefits
Cons: at times, stressfull, harsh work enviroments
Great place to learn a skill, and develop a good work ethic.
Great educational opportunities.
Learn loyalty, dedication, leadership.
Miliary
Automated Logistics (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great job
Cons: field duty
Great job with great benefits. Met and worked with a diverse group of people each day. Traveled a lot. Working with logistics was very rewarding.
Productive soldiers with mechanic skill
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 1, 2015
I worked as a light wheel vehicle mechanic for the army for three and a half years with training in leadership, respect for the work place, and much more very useful skills.
Fantastic Career
CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HawaiiFebruary 28, 2015
Learned team leadership, group management, engineering, office administration, how to take charge of groups. Every chain of command I worked under was very understanding, competent and accomplished every mission we were given.
Easygoing, fun, honorable work experience
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: predictable work schedules, lunch time, compensation for working 24 hour duties
Cons: field exercises, deployment that took us away from family for weeks to months at a time
I had served 7 years active duty as a healthcare specialist. I had worked both in the U.S. and overseas in Germany and while deployed to Afghanistan. I had established a very diverse network of peers, co-workers, supervisors, commanders, and most important of all, the best friends I could ever ask for. I learned my job well and was successful, though never promoted. I enjoyed that I was well taken care of through many resources that the Army has to offer.
Retiring from the US Army
Senior Observer Coach (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: job security, working in areas of incresing responsibility, dependable
Cons: lots of family separation
I have spent 24 years and two months in the Army. I am extremely proud to have been a Leader of fine Brave Soldiers during my long career in the Infantry. Leading Soldiers has been the hightlight of my career.
Great place to work with benefits
Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: paid vacations, medical and dental benefits, bonuses
Cons: long work days, deployments
A typical day at work begins at 6:30 a.m. until about 5:00 p.m. I work on record keeping, filing, requesting and receiving supplies and equipment daily. I learned good time management skills and how to work with others. The hardest part of the job was the deployments and long work days. The most enjoyable thing about it is assisting others.
Gratifiying and Productive
Cyber Targeteer (Former Employee), USAFebruary 28, 2015
There is no way to place what I do in the military in a single category. The daily requirements in the military though seemingly standardized are extremely diverse. However every day makes for a gratifying experience.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries