U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,151 reviews matching the search
team work
Observer Coach Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 20, 2016
A great place to work. The cohesion and comradely is be-on reproach. Like any job, the overall teamwork mentality is on a measurement all its own.
Pros
deployments
Cons
deployments
Fun work place
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Carson, COJuly 20, 2016
It was a nice work place, everyone helped out each other when you needed help. my job mainly was keeping track of accountably and turning in repairable parts
Pros
Good lunch Break
Rewarding and fulfilling career
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 20, 2016
Serving in the Army was an honor. I was able to serve with America's finest men and women. The lessons I learned during my time in the military will assist me and the next company I have the honor to work with. Some examples of those lessons are hard work, teamwork, and competitiveness.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Long periods of time away from family.
hard work but enjoyed
M1 Armored Crewman (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 20, 2016
"best job i ever had" from the movie fury best describes my experience as a Tanker in the U.S. Army.
It was hard work but the cohesion you gained with your coworkers is unparalleled in the civilian workforce.
The Greatest Army in the world
WHEELED VEHICLE REPAIRER/SECTION LEADER (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 19, 2016
-The days are fast pase and unpredictable
-I have learned how to lead from the front
-military management works just fine for the most part
-Working with a wide variety of soldiers teaches you many things
-Unrealistic deadlines that have to get done and the pay
-The memories and bonds that you build can never be broken
Pros
Job Security and benefits
Cons
Military Pay and field exercises
great place to work
HR Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2016
great way to serve your country. I always felt like a great part of the environment and provided aid to many people who chose to serve their country.
Us army
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 19, 2016
the united states army was the best decision i ever made in my life. there are the best career opportunities and the best benefits. i should've never left active duty but certain things in my life like children made me choose to seek other career opportunities.
Pros
the camaraderie
Cons
deploying to warzones
Great work environment, very hands on
Logistics / Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  JBLM, WAJuly 19, 2016
Hard working environment. Great hands on experience. Worked directly with owner. Learned everything first hand. Able to make my own hours and was able to choose what days I wanted to work. Great holiday pay.
Pros
Overtime, worked when i wanted
Cons
infrequent work schedual, no lunch break
Productive Unit making sure we're mission capable at all times
Multichannel Transmission Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at work consists of heavy lifting, training on equipment, pmcs vehicles and generators, and just being on standby for any mission we are called upon.
Can be the best job ever
Assistant Team Leader Transcription Analysis Team (Former Employee) –  Katterbach Federal Republic of GermanyJuly 19, 2016
Besides getting to help your team leader do his job you had the opportunity to go camping in the German countryside. The job entailed working with classified information and dissemination of that information after it had been sanitized. With the "be all that you can be" the hardest part was trying to maintain my height and weight standards, it was mostly a sedentary job. The most enjoyable part was the chance to travel and discover that southern Germans were not the people that northern German propaganda made them out to be.
Pros
Get a chance to travel
Cons
Being a literalist does not add to job security
Best decision of my life!
Noncommissioned Officer (Current Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJuly 19, 2016
Unbeatable benefits (steady, predictable pay...paid leave and travel...education paid for...medical and dental coverage for myself and my child...going places and experiencing things I wouldn't have otherwise...the list goes on and on!). A great way to jump start your future.
Good oppertunity to grow
19D Cavalry Scout (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 19, 2016
What you put into it you get out of it. Gives you opportunities to grow and develop yourself. I would recommend this to anyone who seeks a challenging career.
Very productive workplace
AUTOMATED LOGISTICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at work for me would start off with Physical Training at 06:00 for an hour or more. Afterwards, I'd report to my office in the motorpool at 08:50. From there, I'd attend a daily maintenance meeting with my Maintenance Officer and my mechanics. Then, I'd go to my office, run my daily reports, order/track parts for my mechanics, see what automated equipment was due for service, dispatch vehicles to multiple soldiers, visit the warehouse to receive the parts that I ordered, then report back to my office in the motorpool to check my parts in, inform my maintenance officer, then hand out the parts required for the vehicles to my mechanics. Sometimes, I'd train other Supply Techs in other units to do the same tasks and also every every Wednesday, I'd attend a battalion maintenance meeting with my Maintenance Officer. I was on high demand, so at times I'd work late hours. This would happen more often when other units would deploy, thus leaving me to control their equipment as well as my unit's equipment.
Pros
Steady/Liveable Paycheck, Paid Leave, Meeting people from everywhere, Helping Others and being Appreciated
Cons
A few of the clinics were a Joke, The Mission always comes first no matter what, Some enforced the regulations but didn't follow them
Productive Work
Cargo Specialist/ Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 19, 2016
Self-motivated individual offering a strong work ethic and determination to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner, accurate and detail-oriented with extensive warehouse and clerical knowledge.
Pros
us army
Cons
us army
Life changing
Field Artillery Tactical Data System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 19, 2016
I loved every moment being in the Army. I matured and found what I wanted in life. I met people and made friends that I will never forget. Unfortunately, the officers and leadership in my unit didn't focus on what's best for the soldiers and families of those soldiers but instead to further their own careers, which made me not want to pursue a career in the military. I will never forget what I have been taught and what I have seen and will continue to live the Army values.
Pros
Job security, most services provided
Cons
Bad leadership
Great Experience.
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJuly 19, 2016
Enlisting in the Army was the greatest decision I ever made, I learned self-discipline, self-motivation, and the effects that tough love can have on molding you. A typical day involves PT at 0630, work call at 0900 and depending on your job, getting home at a decent hour. Management varies depending on where you're stationed and who is in charge of you. I learned so much about myself and really developed in to an effective leader. The diversity within service is amazing and unmatched, you build a sense of brotherhood that I personally believe you can never get in any other job area. The hardest part of the job is having little to no control on where you'll be working, or how long you'll be there. The most enjoyable part of my job is the day-to-day mission, ever changing and challenging.
Pros
Free College, Free Meals, Uniforms Provided, Personal Development
Cons
No control over duty station, toxic leadership, communication
Logistical Operations, Personnel Management
S-3 Plans Officer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 18, 2016
Logistical Operations, Personnel Management.
Responsible for the preparation of plans, orders and estimates and for the reviewing
of each Unit Status Report and ensuring accurate submission. Prepare contingency
plans, operational data and reports to ensure compliance with directives and
Commander's intent. Track and monitor S-3 suspense reports. Set up and establish
G-3 operations during the 451st ESC reactivation. Establish SOPs in areas of
mobilization, USR, Recruiting, Personnel Management and Organizational Management.
Pros
Fast paced fun work environment
Cons
Leadership turnover
Work and trained hard while having a great time with co-workers.
Construction Engineer Specialist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 18, 2016
Morning physical training. Go to work. Off by 5pm. no weekend work unless you had duty or in the field training.
Great leaders. Always training their soldiers.
Hardest part of the job. Deploying and leaving your family behind.
Enjoyable part of the job was you had friends and leaders looking out for each other and always training and making fun while learning.
Pros
Education, Benefits, Time off and vacation.
Cons
Long Hours but worth the experience.
A professional organisation that prepares individuals to adaptable, with a peerless work ethic.
Avionics Mechanic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 18, 2016
A typical day starts off with physical training. I have had the pleasure of working in an environment that is fast paced and diverse. Supervisors allow you the flexibility to do your job while supervising and safeguarding the welfare of those around you. It was an honor to be a part of this awesome organization, and I do look forward to serving both this organization and this country in an effective capacity. The hardest part of this job is the necessary separation from family at times, however, the camaraderie that I experienced during these times is something that I will never forget.
Pros
Numerous benefits.
Cons
Separation from family and irregular work hours.
U.S. Army
HH-60L / UH-60L Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 18, 2016
It ins't for everyone. By far the greatest experience of my life and if I had the chance to join again, I would. Join and you'll find out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4