U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 25,364 reviews matching the search
A life experience
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 2, 2016
I went to the military when I graduated and it was the best decision I have made. Great stability, benefits, life long friendships, and great memories.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Deployment
Ldrship
88M Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lewis, WAFebruary 2, 2016
Honorably discharged Veteran with 13 years of experience in supervision, repair and equipment services, thank s to the military
great benefits
Supervisor (Ammunition Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 2, 2016
I had a great experience at this job, I had amazing people to work with. the hardest part was being away from my family on my deployments
Pros
great health care
Cons
not alot of family time
Best job ever
MILITARY POLICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAFebruary 2, 2016
The military is one big family. Working as a team to accomplish tasks always. I miss the life of being a soldier! Who wouldn't want a job where you get to fire weapons, protect your country, make new friends from all over and have decent benifits?
Pros
serving our country, traveling, meeting new people
Cons
you get shot at?? Can get injured.d
Challenging and rewarding career
III Corps Provost Marshal (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 2, 2016
My current job I'm working with senior personnel and management three personnel. This job, of course, requires less management and supervisory effort because of the fact of working with senior military personnel. In this position you work more as a team member with a common goal. You learn how to co-exist and it has been very rewarding.

Communications ability and effectiveness was key in working in law enforcement capacity as well effectively supervising 179 military personnel as a Company Commander in Bamberg, Germany. The hardest part of my job was passing down punishment for individuals whom violated policy. I ensured to handle these individuals in a professional and caring manner; ensuring they understood what they did wrong and why I was handling the punishment the way I had decided. I realized that even though the individuals were being punished they respected the manner in which the situation was handled.

As the Executive Officer for the Atlanta Recruiting Battalion, worked as a consummate team player to balance mission requirements and influenced teamwork within the organization consisting of over 300 military and civilian personnel. The most enjoyable part of my career and job position was working with different people from different back grounds and cultures, very rewarding.
The Army
88M Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Minden, LAFebruary 2, 2016
The army was my life. Now it is time to move on to bigger and better things. In my short four years I was able to make many lifetime frienda and view the world. It was a wonderful experience. It had its ups and downs but what job doesn't.
Pros
food, living areas, payed twice a month, 100 percent health care
Cons
being away from family
It's the Army
Private First Class (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 2, 2016
Not sure what else one would expect outside normal basic combat training. It's not a place to hold your hand, but expect to be treated like you know nothing and are a child.
easy enough
Satellite Communication Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  SeveralFebruary 2, 2016
I liked it my coworker were cool duties veried. Management sometimes failed to deliver important informantion in a timely manner
The best 22 years of my life
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 1, 2016
All men should be required to serve a minimum of 3 years. The culture is very diverse and educational. To learn another's culture is quite dynamic.
Very Structured
Healthcare Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYFebruary 1, 2016
Has its pros and cons. Loved being a Medic in the Army and it set me up for a career when i got out. If i had to do it all over again I would because it was a good experience.
Best job I have ever had.
Team member / Senior team member (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 1, 2016
The Army has taught me everything I know. My co workers are my brothers for life. The hardest part of the job is being away from your family a lot. The most enjoyable is the times you share with your brothers in arms.
Pros
Free MRE's for days!
Cons
Very long hours...
Effective organization in global and domestic operations
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 1, 2016
The U.S Army has been one of the most amazing self development organizations that I have ever had the opportunity to be apart of. The vast amount of knowledge, experience and personal development has been unparalleled. The cohesive international work with a multitude of global agencies has allowed me to grow not only professionally, but also personally.
Loved working for the army
19D Cavalry Scout (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Loved being in the army training and mentoring soldiers traveling and being part of such a diverse team with so many different skills and personalities
Army Life
92A Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXFebruary 1, 2016
you knew what you had to accomplish day in and day out. Had a sense of service. Deplyments were hard but bearable as long as you trained hard and focused on the mission. It taught me alot of life lessons that i value every day.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Deployments
Great career for any young person
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 1, 2016
Enjoyed over 25 years of constant changes to work environments. always had a great staff and there always would be somethings smile about at the days end. Best place to start and end a career for anybody.
Productive and interactive place to work
Senior Armorer (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAFebruary 1, 2016
Many different cultures and many different skills to learn and apply to a regular live, that area really helpful in all aspects
So much benefit and reward
Senior Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Very nice place to work and a great place to receive tons of knowledge. Being on the edge of the technology that will keep you ahead.
Pros
Always learning something new.
Cons
So many rules
A typical day at work
Transportation Management Coordinator/ Soldier (Current Employee) –  Fort Sheridan, ILFebruary 1, 2016
They organize, plan and oversee the movement of those vehicles, personnel and cargo worldwide. Mark, label cargo and freight shipments in accordance with regulatory requirements. Document and inventory freight, cargo and materiel shipments of all types. Perform system administrator duties such as installing software and uploading data to computer systems. Prepare equipment, cargo and personnel for travel to airports, seaports and railways.
productive
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2016
The unit supply specialist is primarily responsible for supervising or performing tasks involving the general upkeep and maintenance of all Army supplies and equipment.
proficiency.
a little of both
19K ( M1A2 abrams crewman) (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 1, 2016
this is a job that is simply a pay off for how ever much you put into it. you will not know what respect is until you deploy. so until then just sit back, hold on, and enjoy the ride
Pros
everything
Cons
everything... there is a con for almost every pro you put into this one

4.5