U.S. Army

24.3K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Strong manager and team leader
Senior Observer/Controller/ Trainer (Current Employee), Fort McCoy WIAugust 27, 2015
I am a proven dynamic leader who understands how to recognize and deal with complex issues. Handle problems and challenges with appropriate professional responses, and act confidently with efficiency in situations that are challenging, stressful, or dangerous. Demonstrates empathy, courtesy, a customer service orientation, and an ability to interact effectively with supervisors, co-workers, and others in daily work situations. Maintains a high standard of ethical conduct and is dependable in meeting commitments and works hard to complete assigned tasks.
A great career
Military Police (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Long hours
The United States Army has been a great career for me, decent pay and great benifits. Although not always a walk in the park the Army has given me many skills to draw upon in future employment. Training is mentally and physically challenging, but the rewards are exponential. As my career progressed I was given many opportunities to excell in various job fields related to Policing. I was placed in numerous leadership positons and managed as many as 40 Soldiers in combat and garrison environments. I have served in a Law Enforcment capacity on 2 large installations with a daily population of over 150,000 Soldiers, family members and civilians, conducting routine traffic enforcement, minor criminal offenses and major offenses. The Army has trained me to deal with different types of people from all walks of life, as well as a plethora of fluid situations.
Great life experience
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), USAAugust 27, 2015
Nothing greater than serving your country. Sets you up with the tools and experience to make anything of your life. discipline at its finest
Productive and Busy
Information Technology Specialist/Helpdesk Admin. (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GeorgiaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Gained a lot of good information and learned great customer service
Cons: Sometimes there was a lot of work to do at once.
A typical day at work was busy yet fun. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and fellow soldiers. I learned a lot pertaining to my job. I learned how to deal with different types of people. I also learned great customer service. Managing my time wisely was an important task for me. I was at work on time to accomplish all goals for the day. I'd say the hardest part of my job was trying to learn everything all at once but once I learned everything, work was a breeze, The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my co-workers and the customers. My co-workers were very helpful and understanding, especially when I was the new person.
U.S. Army
Infantryman (Current Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Long work hours
Great experience to be a part of, meet good people and learned a lot about discipline and work management. People really want to help you when you need it. Some days can be easy then others can be hard, but I enjoyed most of my time in the military.
Health Care Specialist/Combat Medic
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Commradary
Cons: Time with family can be scarce. Limited choice in location.
A typical day (non-deployed) started at 4:30 AM when our aid station would take patients with acute illnesses or injuries for the day. This would take up the next hour until physical fitness started at 5:30 AM. We would work out in various ways until 8:00 AM. From then we had personal time to get ready for the day and get breakfast. The actual "work day" technically starts at 9 AM. At which point we did anything from clinical or field training to shooting ranges or providing healthcare coverage for shooting ranges. We also administered most vaccinations for the 300+ soldiers. The main focus everyday was to maintain the overall mental and physical health of the soldiers around us. We also ran a full aid station which meant constant inventory control and checks.
Army Review
Signals Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), JBLM, WAAugust 26, 2015
There was not a regimented schedule. Every day there was something new to do. I enjoyed the food, housing, and insurance incorporated into the job.
Deployments
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Life experience no other job can offer
Cons: Separation from family
Having served three deployments since September 11, 2001, maintaining a connection with family was difficult. What I found most enjoyable was the camaraderie and team building. As a leader, I learned how to build an effective, cohesive unit from an extremely diverse group of individuals.
Working for the United States Army
Training Room Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Long lunches, healthcare, life insurance.
Cons: Inner-company politics, tight work space, not always enough equipment.
Generally good people to work with. Command showed that they cared about everyone that came into the company by taking interest in their welfare and that their needs were met. As the number of personnel grew in number, work space seemed to get minimized, but that is to be expected. Each day held a monotonous tone, but there were enough new things/personnel to process that it did not lack variety.
Life changing experience which made me who I am today
Convoy Security Turret Gunner (Former Employee), GlobalAugust 26, 2015
Life changing experience that very few get to be a part of and I was able to have this opportunity. Everyday brought on new challenges ranging from physical fitness to weapons qualifications to personal growth. Along the way I learned how to lead and follow which provided me with the skills that I have today. I met many stellar individuals who became very close friends. The most difficult part of my job was being deployed which meant 12 to 15 months away from home and family. During this time I was solely focused on the mission at hand and completing the objectives. At the end of the day, the most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that I was part of the 1% of the Americans that served our country while being part of the brotherhood that very few understand.
Productive workplace with room for promotion
Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Supervisor (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Benifits and advancement
Cons: You will spend long periods of time away from family
Great steping stone for your future and a positive work place. Highly motivated employees who strive to make you a better leader.
Excellent Career
Sergeant First Class (Former Employee), United statesAugust 26, 2015
The United States Army was a excellent career until I retired I learned a lot about Maintenance Management and several other valuable skills.
Military
Health Specialist (68W) (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Team Building
Cons: Deployment
Core values and standards. Team building, ethical standards and training of transferable skills. Moral building, team spirit and ability to follow instructions.
N/A
Human Resources Assistant (S-1) (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 26, 2015
I have nothing to say further about this position or work environment. It was definitely a learning experience. You learn what and what not to do and how to treat others. I met some good people there.
Best Job I Every Had
Information Operations Planner (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 26, 2015
Everyday is different. The people that I worked with is what made the job worth it. Everyday you learn something that you can use.
Very Stressful
Automated Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: No family life
A very stressful environment. Very dangerous once you deployed. Never knew when you was going to have to drop everything & report to your unit. at any giving time you could be deployed overseas.
Great place to work and give back to your country.
Company Commander of basic training unit (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 26, 2015
Busy days, always something to do and improve on. There were challenges when interacting with some people who had personal hang ups. However, this is the best place to find oneself, learn and give back to your country.
Always Productive
Command & Control Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: 24/7 On call
Being a part of the US Government, taught me the skills necessary to thrive in an ever-changing business organization and to adapt to strenuous decisions.
Army
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great medical covereage
Cons: long hours, low pay, leadership can be poor
The Army is what you expect it to be. It's a hard life full of hard people doing what needs to be done. Learning to be dedicated to the unit over your self is the core to being successful in this career. That trait also spills over into the civilian field as well.
Well structured
narcotics Investigator (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 26, 2015
Solid foundation for anyone, great place to begin any career in the world. Strong training and good benefits. Making a difference in not just your life at home but all around the world.
Headquarters