U.S. Army
21,628 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

Great company with lots of knowlageable co-workers
Power Generation/Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Hood TexasMay 1, 2015
Pros: Compensation, Moral, Fast Paced
I maintained and regularly serviced our companies power generators and motor pool's vehicles. It required lots of effort and knowledge, but we were always motivated to face obstacles and tasks each day.
great organization to work for
Sergeant/Supervisor/Squad Leader (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: great travel
Cons: one may die for their country
The U.S. Army allowed me to see and travel the world on the government dime. I was able to interact with diverse cultures and learn from them.
Army
Aircraft Powerplant Repairer Team Leader (Former Employee), Wheeler AAF, HawaiiApril 30, 2015
Can be hard at time. Work and life balance is very difficult. Have to follow very specific SOP's and other rules. But the people you work with can be great.
Working with different people and traveling.
MECHANIC (Former Employee), Crestview, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Traveling and meeting different people
Cons: Having to stay away from my family for a long length of time.
I was a mechanic and I worked on trucks and generators.
The hardest part of my job was going to the field and staying up over 24 hours at a time. I enjoyed going to different countries and meeting different people and learning their customs.
Great Training
First Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: good benifits, good training
Cons: Long hours, no enough time with family
I learned a lot the 13 years I served some people are good leaders others not so much and being at work from 5am to 930pm especially for no good reason besides I don't know or because I said so is not a good way to keep people in the military.
Stressful but rewarding career
Director of Training & Operations (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 30, 2015
Great place to work, grow, and develop as a person.
Wouldn't trade my 26 years for any other type of career.
The relationships that are developed are life long.
had a chance to see alot
Metal Worker (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXApril 30, 2015
I got to travel around the world meet new people went to war had a lot of friends. The only thing that was a problem was you could not really do what you want you did not have any say so, you had to follow orders or else. I made good money and had a chance for the military to pay for my schooling
Productive work place
Human Resource Specialist (42A) (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIApril 30, 2015
Help build charter and good work ethic. fun and productive work place. honor for my country. Great life choice and learning experience.
Hands-on training and very technical
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TxApril 30, 2015
Pros: housing allowance, provided meals
Cons: unpaid overtime, frequent change of management
Signal support systems specialists are primarily responsible for working with battlefield signal support systems and terminal devices. This equipment needs to consistently work in order for the Army to direct the movement of its troops. I learned how to operate on various Harris communications equipment. I enjoyed the travel that came with my job
I served
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TX/ Fort Bragg, NCApril 30, 2015
The Army is a great organization that offered me many opportunities to become a leader. I enjoyed my time in the field of logistics, and I would highly recommend the branch/MOS to anyone coming into the Army
Highly professional and motivational environment.
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee), CONUS/OCONUSApril 30, 2015
Daily duties included conducting and administering training and actual combat operations, as well as facilitating the personal and professional needs of subordinates. The atmosphere was highly professional and in keeping with traditional United States Military command structures.
A great place to gain experience
Sustainment Analysis and Integration Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Lee, VAApril 30, 2015
This is a great organization to get great training and a clear career advancement track. The pay is not all that great, but the benefits are awesome.
The hardest part is the possible combat deployment, which require you to work under arduous operational conditions.
Great place
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee), FT. Bragg. NCApril 30, 2015
Loved my time in the Army. Just doesn't give much time for a family. I got to jump out of planes and shoot guns. All the things that your mother told you couldn't do.
I enjoyed training soldiers and mentoring them
NBC NCO (Former Employee), Alabama, Georgia, Kansas, Bosnia, and Iraq.April 30, 2015
Pros: Job security. I never had to wonder if I was going to be paid or not.
Cons: The process of moving. The Army paid for the moves but there was always things damaged or missing.
I was the Battalion Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Warfare specialist ( NBC NCO). A typical work day for me was checking on to the unit NBC personal ensuring that were maintain their units NBC room. I kept up on equipment that has been recalled or unserviceable and ordered replacements.

I learned how to maintain the equipment and turn what need to be calibrated by a specialist. Coming up through the ranks I have learned many things that was not NBC related. I was assigned the additional duty of conducting the Army`s urinalysis program. The Army strives to maintain the best and healthiest soldiers and by conducting random drug tests weeds out the unfit.

Management was always changing. I really enjoyed that because for the most part I had very good managers. Sometimes there were difficult ones to deal with. However with the constant changing of soldiers I new that they would not be staying.

The same thing with co-workers there was always soldiers coming and going. After I was promoted and had soldiers assigned to me was the best experience. I was for some their first leader after training. I was able to teach them the proper way of doing things and they will always know the difference of doing it right or wrong.

The hardest part was moving. The Army did pay for the move but things were always damaged or missing. Also I was not always able to choose my duty stations and I have had some that I did not like.

I enjoyed many more things than I did not. I liked meeting new people. I have been to some great places because of the Army for example Germany, Paris, Rome, and Hungary.
Didn't find MOS challenging.
Telecommuncation Operator (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSApril 30, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: All
Telecommunication Operator was a boring MOS. When the job became interesting a contractor would come in and do the work without advising the operators. Work/life balance was terrible.
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
SENIOR LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Hunter Army Airfield, GAApril 30, 2015
Pros: mentoring, comradere, leadership
Cons: change of personal time in a moment's notice
I enjoy assisting and mentoring junior Soldiers. It brings joy to me to know that I can help a Soldier get ahead in their career and achieve thier own personal dreams. I also provide my own personal experience in the military so they can determine their own paths. I always remind them that they can learn from anyone, the good and the bad.
Awesome place to work at
Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: none
It was great to have had the pleasure of serving and traveling to different parts of the world. I met some great people along the way and will be forever grateful.
Fast paced, fun, exilherating work environment
Ground Security Force Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bragg North CarolinaApril 30, 2015
Pros: Completely Free Healthcare, Great life insurance, lifelong friends and assistance
Cons: Not getting paid on time, not having sufficient time to plan for vacation
A typical day at work could of been anything from sitting around doing nothing, or practicing clearing rooms and going over medical training ,cleaning weapons, or sitting around all day waiting to jump out of an airplane into the woods for 2 weeks .I learned self discipline and to never rely on others. To always be making sure your co workers and subordinates are doing the right thing, so something very bad doesnt happen.My leadership, while not always the smartest, generally made the right decision , and tried to have your back. My co workers were a very diverse group of motivated,dedicated individuals. The hardest part of the job was when I was hospitalized for 5 days due to being overworked. The most enjoyable part was the comradery, clearing rooms, and jumping out of airplanes.
Army
Imagery Analyst (Former Employee), VariousApril 29, 2015
It was typical of an entry level styled position with lots of benefits and opportunity for advancement. It is definitely not for everyone. You have to have patience.
Not a bad job
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSApril 29, 2015
Pros: Education
Cons: Gone a lot
Good leadership most of the time
Gone a lot
Good job security
pretty good pay right out of high school
great education
get to travel

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries