U.S. Army
2,475 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Basic day in the life.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Ft. Polk, LAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Healhcare, time off.
Cons: Bad Supervisors
Wake up about 5am, go to the company for a morning formation. Do Physical Training (PT) for 1 to 2 hours. After PT is done, go home or to the barracks depending on were you live. Be back a 0930 to do the days work till 1100-1130 when you break for lunch. You return at 1300(1:00pm) to finish the days work and are released anywhere from 17-1800 (5pm to 6pm). The days work will include anything form extra PT to running battle drills or random paper work that is needed for the chain of command.
Productive Fast paced
Food Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJune 30, 2015
24 hour work day up to 7 days a week. fun fast paced environment , very serious and determined work. Learn to become a smart and educated soldier and to multi task as well
Balanced place with productivity and good times
Food Service OPS NCO (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good crew, good free food, and the great display of professionalism
Cons: We don't get to participate in some of the long weekends or unit events.
I enjoy meeting new people, leaders or subordinates, who can keep the environment safe, educational, and fun. I can be myself even though I am part of an organization that is highly disciplined and runs on schedules on top of schedules.
It's the Military
Multi-Channel Systems Operator Maintainer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 30, 2015
It's the government, take it as it is. Long hours, little pay. Very dangerous but very rewarding. Day consits of early morning workout, them 12+ hours of standing around with some training. Tons of extra time waisting duties, and family is always put last.
great organization
92A Automated Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), jblmJune 30, 2015
enjoy going to work and learning new things. People i work with help me to gain and learn more. Thank you US army. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
A once in a lifetime experience in the military away from home for the first time
Combat Medical Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Benning, Georgia; South KoreaJune 30, 2015
Pros: A great life experience
Cons: the low salary
After morning physical training (P.T.), I open up the clinic and start checking in patients, take their vital signs, and do triage. I basically worked like a doctor in my first unit, asking patients their history, performing my medical exam, making a diagnosis, and prescribing an action plan, all under physician supervision. Sometimes the clinic is swamped with patients the medics gets a lot of leeway to be basically doctors. This was both stressful and rewarding at the same time, especially when patients follows up feeling better and grateful.

As a medic in uniform, professionalism was the utmost important aspect when dealing with co-workers and the chain of command

I matured during my time in the army, learning skills and knowing great amount of things what i can accomplish
Great teamwork in the work environment. Each employee has a different skill set.
Operations and Planning (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, M-F work hours
Cons: None
Throughout the course of my career in the Military I have learned to overcome a variety of obstacles. No problem that occurs is unmanageable and successful results are obtained by positive teamwork. I have had nothing but outstanding management who consistantly provided me with the tools I needed to succeed. It had been an honor to have served with a variety of individuals who collectively made our tasks easier.
Each Experience is Different
Logistician (Former Employee), VariousJune 30, 2015
Pros: Health care, benefits
Everyone has a different experience but it's an amazing opportunity to serve your country. It gives you the ability to learn a trade and improve on it over the years.
Life building
pvt (Former Employee), ft benningJune 30, 2015
The Army prepares you in so many ways, anything that is thrown your way on a day to day basis just becomes second nature and easy to handle as long as you apply yourself and have discipline to work hard and smart.
Great leaders.
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJune 30, 2015
US ARMY builds, molds, and shapes great leaders for the United States of America. I strongly encourage others to join and improve themselvs
Army
Aviation Flight Standardization Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYJune 30, 2015
The Army has always treated my Family and me well. The brotherhood will be missed greatly.It is a tough life, that is not for everyone, but it is a very rewarding career.
Lots of Travel
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJune 30, 2015
Pros: good training and food.
Cons: long hours and very stressful.
The life you live is a military life. A lot of exercise and training. The guys I served with were like family. The hardest part of the job was deploying and the fun part was going on leave.
Great place to work with motivated people
Squad Leader (Current Employee), Hinesville, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: great medical benifts
Cons: long time away from loved ones
early late hours, manage 8-12 soldiers, I enjoy taking a new soldier and helping him develop his skill and knowledge of basic infantry tactics. It can be challenging working with others sometimes but being patient and thinking threw difficult situations is the best way to handle problems that arrise. The hardest part of my job but also one of my favorite parts is the physical part at times we get little sleep and little food then go walk 10 miles carriyng 40 lbs, its challenging at times but fun excitting training.
It is what it is...
Preventive Medicine Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJune 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Nepotism and Incompenent Leadership
You effectively lease your body to the government when you sign your name on the dotted line. This adage is reinforced throughout the term of enlistment, allowing you to more fully understand the extent to which you are government property. You are treated as a disposable and replaceable cog in the grand machine. This makes the work environment rather hostile because it pits members of a supposed team against one another for the sake of self-preservation. Nepotism is rampant while efficiency is less than poor. There are tangible benefits (those that enable personal independence), but they are exchanged for one's humanity.
A good life jumpstart and learning experience
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 30, 2015
My time in the army was enjoyable overall. The sense of comeraderie is empowering. Very high work tempo as well as long hours. The Army makes up for these fall backs with great benefits, paid leave, and excellent job security.
Exciting and Tough Job
Section Leader (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great bennifits
Cons: Time away from home
Led and trained soldiers on a daily basis, fast paced and physically challenging job. Great co- workers from all over the world. Learned outstanding leadership skills. Enjoyed the tactical parts of the Infantry, hardest part was all the time away from home.
Productivie
HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 30, 2015
It was a great experience. Learned many skills i hope to transfer to a great company, Kept in contact with most of my co workers.
Don't enlist if you're not ready
94E Radio and Communication Security Repair (Former Employee), GAJune 29, 2015
Although it was fun, there is a ton of bull that you have to go through. Basic is great. I thought it was way to easy. AIT was awesome as a night student.
very repetitive
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJune 29, 2015
management showed little concern for soldiers and family affairs or work issues. mission and task was the only thing tat mattered.
Flexability
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJune 29, 2015
If its one thing that I have learned being in the Army is that you can not approach everyone the same. You have to observe a person actions, emotion, & body language in order to determine the professional approach towards that person. Being flexible is a important key also because you have to be able to do your job and at the same time be willing to be crossed trained in another job position.

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries