U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,140 reviews matching the search
Know what you're getting into.
Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Selah, WAFebruary 16, 2017
Have a legitimate reason to join. Simply wanting to serve will make your time in unrewarding. Use the military as a stepping stone to advance your education and career. Wouldn't recommend to many people.
Information Technology Specialist
Information Technology Specialist (25B) (Current Employee) –  Wheeler Army Airfield, HIFebruary 16, 2017
Information technology specialists are responsible for maintaining, processing and troubleshooting military computer systems/operations. Maintenance of networks, hardware and software. Provide customer and network administration services Construct, edit and test computer programs
Helped being a more productive person
Arms Room NCO (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 16, 2017
A hard working culture that keeps everybody motivated. Working with like-minded people was a plus and helped a whole lot when the job got tough or enjoyable. Learned about accountability, responsibility, and how meeting standards is what makes a company function properly.
Benefits
Cons
Being away from home
Productive and challenging
Cavalry Scout/Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 16, 2017
Performed duties as crew member, operated, and performed operator maintenance on scout vehicles. Performed mounted and dismounted navigation and security patrols. Collected data for the classification of terrain features, routes, tunnels, and bridges. Held leadership roles and responsibilities.
Great organization poisoned by horrible leadership.
Medic (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 16, 2017
I worked at tripler army med ctr from 2014-2017 and it was the worst. the best time in the army for me was in the field. I didn't want to be a hospital medic, I loved being a field medic. deployment was the bets time in my army career.
Pros
discipline
Cons
poor leadership
US Army
Senior Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I have served my country for 20 years and I wouldn't trade any of it. All the hardship and joy I faced, were always with people who were always by my side and always had my back.
Great place to learn discipline and learn technical skills
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIFebruary 16, 2017
Typical day as a Supply Sergeant: provide technical expertise of inventory control and order fulfillment. The hardest part of the job is being deployed overseas and the best part of the job is the wide array of resources available to soldiers to better themselves.
Pros
great benefits, travel
Cons
deployments- being away from family
cpl
overlays.Effective decision-maker (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 16, 2017
the army was the first job other than my family farm that I had. The love of the army doesn't stop when you get out, the brothers that I made in my dolmens with always be there for me. I would serve again with no questions asked
not worth the time
Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 16, 2017
worst experience in my life, leadership only cares about what awards they recieve and how they look. im active duty and rarely did my job was more like a glorified janitor then a soldier. the training lacks structure. not enough challenging courses. feel no pride in my service anymore.
Pros
bah/bas
Cons
work schedule, pay, leadership, management
Loved this job.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKFebruary 16, 2017
Being in the Army was the most fun and exciting time in my life. I don't think there is another place you can find that will beat it.
Pros
Cons
Honestly when you are in other countries and go to the field its not that great...but its Army life.
Transportaion Management Coordinator
Transportation Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 16, 2017
My day starts at 5:30 am and ends at 6:00pm. On a day to day basics I manage 15 Soldiers and control the flow of cargo through air, ground and sea assists. I Managed Kuwait and Iraq customs in order to transport supplies throughout the Middle East.
Pros
Leading my Soldiers, Seeing the world
Cons
Early mornings and long days.
PT time is the best
Personnel Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day in the army is listening to your Sergent's instructions. Your seniors always got the day plan before you showed up for work.
Army is a great place to learn discipline.
Pros
We never leave our own behind
Cons
smoke breaks
Productive and motivational work place.
Small Arms Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell and Fort Lewsi and AfghanistanFebruary 16, 2017
I learnt much about leadership team work and customer service and learned to apply emotional intelligence in dealing with co-workers, customers and junior etc.

I have gained much managerial role and capable of creating conducive work environment.

It is very diversify organization and understands and respect each other cultural differences.

The most loving part is been there for each other and team work, compensation and other benefits.
Pros
Free lunch, holidays and off almost every weekend
Cons
Breaks, health care
its what you make of it
Infantry team leader/ squad leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 16, 2017
some good fun training days but mostly bad stressful ones. There was too much unorganized situations that killed morale.
Fast Paced Life for those who want it
Tactical Command Medic, E5 Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAFebruary 16, 2017
Overall the Army is a wonderful career, granted you get to the duty station you want and career field. I find this career to be better suited for the single person than the married or long term relationship person. You spend a lot of time away from home, and may end up overseas, which can actually be pretty decent. Know your place, this is not an organization where individualism is idealized. Right place, right time, right uniform. You will be okay if you can follow that little bit of advice.
Pros
Camaraderie, Unique, Advancement, Options, Transfers
Cons
Travel Time extensive, Long Hours, Pay
officer
Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 16, 2017
very good place to work. enjoyed my time there and all the nice people I met. Go Army, great experience and good culture. recommed for all. great management
Safety NCO
Combat Medic, Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Worked with the unit to promote safety among troops before, and during movements.
Worked as surgical technologist.
Retired.
budget control
Tactical Wire Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Member of the spinal cord committee product review committee maintained the inventory management system maintained two control points maintained sterile and aseptic techniques
Great Place for Travel, Compensation and Career Advancement
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to begin a career and find yourself, acquire education, travel and see the world. The military not only teaches leadership but stronger promotes leadership skills.
Great Mission and Great people
Special Operations Communications Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Military Distrcit of WashingtonFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day at work here is full reaction mode when it comes to dealing with actions that occur overseas and having to deal with an ever changing world. On a daily basis we are counted on to be innovative and never fail. We provide communications and IT support to the toughest clients that DoD has to offer.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4