U.S. Army Employee Reviews

safe easy
DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXDecember 13, 2017
U.S. Army Soldier on patrol. PRIOR & CURRENT SERVICE. The Army Reserve provides an excellent way to make the most of what the military and civilian worlds have to offer. EXPLORE THE OPTIONS ». active duty soldiers. ACTIVE DUTY. Gain specialized job training, leadership skills and other benefits ...
Pros
team
Cons
no family time
Productive, very mission oriented and adventurous
Squadron Motor Sergeant (Manager/Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  JBLM, WADecember 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is conducting physical training with all of the Soldiers. We have a very productive daily work schedule and everyone work as a team.
U.S. Military (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSDecember 13, 2017
Very quick pace environment. Working environment is sometimes busy or slow. Teamwork is the key to getting the mission completed. I had a great mentor and friends from different enithicity.
Fast-Paced environment
Human Intelligence Collector (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GADecember 13, 2017
Great opportunities for advancement and learning skills. Benefits are a bonus and the friendships you can make are unrivaled.
Deployments were the most enjoyable part of my job as well as working with NATO forces.
fast paced and stressful
Military Security Team Chief (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 13, 2017
the military is not for everyone. if you cant take criticism or being yelled at you probably should not join. the pay is no good for as long as you work
Fun experience
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LADecember 13, 2017
Fun so long as you are prepared for the contract you sign up for. Each person must push to take advantage of things such as tuition assistance while on active duty. Management rarely helps subordinates with these opportunities.
Pros
get to travel
Cons
poor family life
Worst management and leadership I have ever seen
Current Operations/Tactical Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, CODecember 13, 2017
If you are looking for a place that is willing to ruin your career to not look bad you have found the right place. This is the only place you can be 40 and get treated like you are in highschool.
Pros
Paid well if your married
Cons
Treated like an immature child regardless of age or skillset
Excellent core skill building experience
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 13, 2017
Excellent core skill building experience for someone looking to get into business and an excellent opportunity to lead, fund your education, build relationship skills.
I enjoyed every second of it
US Army Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VADecember 13, 2017
the typical day is getting up at 3:30am to start PT by 4 and finishes up around 6:15 everyday expect for sunday, that's our only true off day lol. I've Learned multiple things while over there from how to deal with a variety of ppl from all over and how to handle they emotions around eachother, how to build trust with one another to become one family. MOS training is different for everyone depending on the feild you picked. For me it was pretty fun and easy going expect for test days. Workplace can be tense when everyone is tired or irritated, or even when certain Sgt's have bad days for no reason and love to take out on everyone else. The most enjoyable part is when we get to be a family and actually have fun and not be serious, also when we do team events or firearm training
Pros
free alot of things and countless amount of networking
Cons
short breaks and naive ppl
Great way to get experience
Deputy Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYDecember 13, 2017
The Army isn't for everyone but after 24 years I will say it is something I would easily do again. A great leadership builder! There are so many jobs so talk very closely with recruiters to find the perfect job for you.
Ups and Downs
Aviator, UH-60A/L/M (Blackhawk) Rotary-Wing Pilot (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 13, 2017
Your experience in any branch of the military is going to be what you make of it. There are numerous opportunities amongst a wide array of MOS', all with the potential for growth.
Pros
Educational benefits, medical/dental/vision coverage, travel opportunities, meet new people nearly everyday, consistent pay
Cons
heavily saturated with politics, constantly changing rules, never-ending deployment rotations, many poor locations for installations, high crime rates near army installations
Good experience
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJDecember 13, 2017
The Army provides young people with the experience needed to become more determined, dedicated, hard working, and upstanding individuals. Provides challenging work for those looking to better themselves and serve their country with honor.
Great way to serve country
Non- Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDDecember 13, 2017
Best job I ever had would do another twenty years tomorrow, should be mandatory for all youth to instill discipline and motivation. Best way to improve resume
Pros
Benifits
Cons
hours away from home
loved my miltary career
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2017
My career in the Army was great.Met a lot of new people, had paid time off and got to travel, I believe pay was fair.I learned to run a business.and manage people.
Quick Paced
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYDecember 13, 2017
Enjoyable profession if an individual can stick it out through basic and AIT. Quick progression through the ranks as long as the individual is knowledgeable among other qualities.
joining the army was one of the best things i have ever did.
cook (Former Employee) –  U.S.ArmyDecember 13, 2017
i got up at four in morning ran five miles.then i would cook in mornings i got to travel to many places it was the best thing i have ever done.i was sad to leave it
Structure
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYDecember 13, 2017
This job taught me so much from everyday living to taking care of my self. The hardest part of this job is getting deployed and being out of the country for a year +.
Pros
3 hots and a cot
Cons
stress level 100
Army Review
Communications Department NCOIC (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSDecember 13, 2017
Overall great work and cultural experience but the pay is definitely not as well as it should be. Long hours and hard work were about 80% of the days, the other 20% were very relaxed, mostly due to half days because of either a holiday or upcoming/post field exercise.
Medic
Medic 91-B (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 13, 2017
At the time this was the best way I could find, as an 18 year old, to make money so I could pay for my own way through college. Although it provided college funding and discipline as well as a skill, it's not for everyone.
Pros
"free" skills and college opportunity
Cons
potentially could be killed
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 13, 2017
Not allot of family time. Requires frequent relocation. Some good supervisors. Great commradory and communication. Best equiptment to work with. Lots of training.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No family time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4