U.S. Bancorp Employee Reviews in United States

Great company providing the tools you need to succeed
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 29, 2016
I am proud to be an ambassador of U.S. Bank. A CEO to be proud of, company established core values for employees to follow.
Sedentary workplace. not much advancement and management is average at best.
PROJECT MANAGER - CLIENT PORTFOLIO (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2016
When I started at US Bank I thought I was on a fast track to success in a relaxed working atmosphere with many exciting new experiences waiting to happen. Upon my first few weeks that sales pitch during my interview went down the drain. Office floor is hectic, management does not show appropriate concern for employees. Advancement is virtually non-existent some people have been in the same role for 15+ years.
Pros
Location of offices
Cons
benefits, work place experience, work life balance, work pay off
Great people, great company; can be stressful at times but you are compensated as such
Audit Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 25, 2015
Loved working at USB. The people are great and the leaders of the Company are fantastic. Working in Audit can be very stressful at times due to workload, hours, etc but can also be slow at times as well. However, you are well compensated for this stress and they are also great about getting you trained and developed throughout your career, including promoting and paying for certifications.
Pros
Great company, great CEO, get 1 free day of vacation to volunteer each year, Compensation
Cons
Work/Life Balance can fluctuate significantly at times, depending on your group/department
US Bank is a good place to work
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2015
US Bank has been a good place to work, I have enjoyed the opportunity, have great co-workers and management, and am looking forward to continued growth.
Numerous challenges to the business
Vice President, Wealth Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 28, 2015
The department has faced considerable challenges since inception, led by poor management. There is too much turnover, which makes it exceedingly difficult to maintain good customer service.
Knowledgable staff, friendly environment, too many meetings
Domestic Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 6, 2015
Worked on a specific project involving tax accounting and adequacy of current tax payable account. Large company so all staff had specific responsibilities. Enjoyed working there.
Hiring practices are conservative
Mtg Sr Analyst- Dept Audits (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 25, 2015
many opportunities for learning, I have learned a lot from the experience of the people I work with. Annual entertaining meetings with the CEO where dinner is provided and prizes are awarded. Team spirit feeling camaraderie.
Pros
CEO is down to Earth and cares about the employees
Cons
lack of jobs with the ability to work from home
Great work/life balance, mentoring and volunteer mindsets
Administrative Coordinator / Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 15, 2015
I really have enjoyed working with this company. I've appreciated and learned from all of my direct managers and felt very much like part of a team and needed.

Workplace instability and job security has become an issue across the bank, and I am looking for something that will provide a longterm opportunity with advancement.
Great Place
Business Analysts (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2015
Great place to work. Learn lots of great thing. Easily able to move around laterally. If you can stomach the corporate environment, this is as good as they get.
Pros
Latteral Movement
Cons
Senior Management will benefit off your sweat. If you drop the ball, they will roll with it.
The 1990s were a wild time to be in banking!
Video Communication Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2015
I got hired back in 1992 and worked in Corporate Communications, creating corporate news programs, training videos and funny meeting openers.

As the company grew and grew through acquisitions, we lost some of the close-knit camaraderie that got us through the tough times, but continued to stick to the formula that got us to the top.

Unfortunately, the acquirer became the acquired, and my job was eliminated during change in control.
Pros
Got to work with top management and almost all divisions of the company.
Cons
Corporate restructuring didn't always obey the laws of logic and common sense.

Want to know more about U.S. Bancorp?

Ask a question
Good starter
Global Trade Representative II (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 17, 2015
The job was a good starting point. Not going to make anything happen there but good experience. things could be run better. Things a kind a cluster.
Good company to work
Mutual Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 21, 2015
Really liked my job and would be with the company today if I did not resign to relocate to AZ.
Okay Place to Work
ACCOUNTANT I (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 12, 2015
The only reason I give my former employer such low score is that having to deal with the management, human resources, recruiters and extremely lax policies that are never enforced. If there was an ethics committee there, they went AWOL. Politics also is alive and well in the departments and divisions where I worked. People for the most part were great to work with but would stab you in the back when had the chance. I loved my job and the variety of work. I did not like the commute especially this past year with all the construction on the roads.
Pros
discounts at just about any place for anything people normally buy.
Cons
short breaks, long hours, lack of communication, trust, and training
na
Wealth Management Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2014
USB is a fantastic company to work for with a wonderful executive team in Wealth Management.
Decent Entry Level Desk Jockey
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Wickenburg, AZOctober 26, 2014
Working at U.S. Bank is one of the worst jobs for people who like to stay busy. Be prepared to stand around for 9+ hours in the same spot every day.
fast paced and sales driven environment
Assistant Branch Manager II (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 8, 2014
handle customer transactions while making calls in down time to find potential loan customers.
benefits
Cons
goal driven
Great Company to Work For
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2014
I am very appreciative for my 5.5 years of experience at U.S. Bank. I had an outstanding manager who is extremely intelligent and personable. Each day brought a new and exciting challenge, allowing me to build on various skills. I thrived under pressure with tight deadlines that required a high attention to detail, creativity, and problem-solving.
Pros
strong leadership from management and executives, challenging job with multiple fire drills, required both creativity and analytic thought, great advancement opportunities, wonderful co-workers, friendly work environment
Cons
work/life balance
Developing a New Division
Business Sales Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 12, 2014
I was responsible for test marketing Treasury Managment Business Sales Development Officer for the Twin Cities branches. I sold Treasury Managment, Deposits, Loans and Operation and trained Branch Managers on TM products. With my success within my territiory they approved to start a new division. Was later transferred to Omaha, Ne to develop another territory.

Typical Day: Call on specific business markets by industry and go out to meet with them to discuss products. Manage my customers accounts on a daily basis. Go out to train other Bankers and Branch Managers.

Managemen/Co Workers: Excellent Management allowing me to train the new team and the team was appreciative of me flying out to work with them.

Hardest Part of my Job
Continue to be #1 in slaes and flying out to train other teammates.

Most enjoyable Part of My Job: Recommending solutions to improve a companies operations and finances.
Pros
expanding my experience in team leadership
Cons
sometimes travel
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 17, 2014
Great place to start a career, stable culture and many opportunities to grow
Work Atmosphere
Loss Mitigation Manager III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 2, 2014
Good work atmosphere with good group of colleagues and co-workers. Demanding job with attainable bonus incentives.