U.S. Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,882 reviews matching the search
Excellent Management Team and Amazing Opportunities for Advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 9, 2016
This company is positively amazing, though the starting pay isn't the best you are able to advance and increase your pay. They have a break room with a play station in it to help you unwind.

Typical days include answering incoming calls from customers, performing account transactions, and handling the escalated customers.

Hardest part of the job is handling the escalated customers and attempting to sell bank product.

Most enjoyable part of the job is amazing management team you are always able to speak with them about issues. Co- workers are also amazing.
Pros
free lunches, opportunity for advancement, and great management team
Cons
you will get yelled at, benefits are expensive, requires selling of bank product.
Not just a job but a career
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 23, 2016
I have been here since 2009 and this was only suppose to be a pit stop for me. I was only going to stay in banking until my youngest son started school and then go back to retail. That was 7 years ago. A normal day at work for me is working directly with my customers to help build a healthy financial profile. I have learned a lot myself about 401K and IRA and the importance of saving a lot of good information that I can pass on to my children. My co workers for the most part get along very well and we try to make everyday a fun one. Our management team is very knowledgeable and very understanding. The hardest part of the job is making sales goal due to the area I'm located in. But the best part of my job is educating my customers on products and services that we offer that will be helpful to them. Us Bank does a lot of great things for their employees.
Pros
Flexible, Fun environment
Cons
Healthcare
Recognition doesn't match accomplishment
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDFebruary 3, 2016
Okay with the company for the most part, but some management changes have really ruined a good thing. Management where I am doesn't seem to have priorities straight. If you aren't flashy about your accomplishments you don''t get recognized. I have gotten more recognition for smaller accomplishments than I have gotten for the bigger things that I have done. I am not alone in that.

Also, I have gotten a pay cut in one way or another every year I have worked there. If I had not been promoted a few times I would be making less money than when I started 5 years ago.
Pros
Flexible schedual
Cons
Compensation is not competitive
Fantastic place to work with great potential for advancement
Sales & Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 19, 2016
US Bank is, hands down, the best company I have ever worked for. They truly care about their employees and their customers and want the best for them. They show their appreciation through employee perks and benefits, two weeks paid vacation to start for all employees, paid sick time, and ecards/ebuttons. I do think they pay on the mid to lower end for bigger banks in the twin cities area. However, there is a ton of opportunity to grow with the company if you want to work your way and earn more money.
Pros
Positive work environment, many locations, great customer service
Cons
Pay
Very busy in-store location.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the customers here at the location. 28th and Quebec King Soopers. The staff at this location was just as amazing.

While processing Withdraws, Deposits and Payments, we were to try and sell our products to the customer. Most of the clients would listen to what you had to say and if you were good at your job, you could have an easy sell.

Overall I loved this place and miss my co-workers and clients.
Pros
Great salary, constant training, very busy, great customers.
Cons
No management in location for over 6 months so no room for growth.
Ok place to work if you want a decent job.
Lockbox Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2016
I think that the work if fairly easy to catch on to. Within my time and service of 10yrs I know a lot of the job functions and how to reach the goals for each function. The hardest part about this job is knowing how to deal with the people. Management isn't the greatest.
Pros
Benefits are good health, dental, vision, dental, etc.
Cons
short breaks, limited advancement
RUN!!! Horrible benefits, horrible managers.
Teller (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 19, 2015
At first they come off as nice and caring. That lasts for about two weeks. Then they show their true colors. When I was hospitalized from an accident my doctor gave me a do not return to work slip. Told my manager and she had me come in the next day because I was still in my 90 days. Oh, not to mention that I ended up with a $3,000 hospital bill even with a hi deductible insurance premium! Management bends the rules to do what they want and then tries to reprimand you for calling them out on their bs. The worst job of my life.
Pros
Great Co Workers, You meet a lot of business owners
Cons
Poor benefits, Low pay, petty incentives, nearly impossible to get a raise
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CADecember 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working at U.S. Bank. I loved my managers and working with the sales managers and loan officers. I do believe they tried hard to keep us up to date with all the latest compliance and software. The hardest part of this job was a lack of interaction/communication between underwriting, closing and processing. They were working on that and had made significant improvements at the time I left to relocate back to NY. I would have stayed with US Bank if they had retail operations here in NY. The most enjoyable part of working here was my supervisors and co-workers.
Pros
Good hard working people.
Cons
Advancement and compensation/raises were minimal and insufficient
Work Life balance
RCA Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55407March 15, 2016
Great work life balance, but the pay is nothing compared to companies in our same business. Advancement opportunities are difficult to come by
Pros
Flixibility
Cons
Very low pay compared to competitor companies, benefits are expensive and advancement opportunities are difficult to come by.
Great workplace to learn about finance and management
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2016
Great resources to advance and learn new financial information. Meet lots of new people daily throughout your career. Have lots of support from coworkers within all of the United States.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Health care benefits
Solid Company that Puts Employees First
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2016
This is the kind of company you could retire with - they're great about putting employees first. Pay may not compete with other industries, but employee benefits are excellent. I worked for the bank for about 9 years and every time I was ready for growth, opportunities awaited - either in my business line or with the Employee Development Network and MentorConnect. It's a well managed, prudent company with great leaders and committed employees.
Pros
Medical Benefits and Retirement, Development Ops
Cons
Pay
Benefits are terrible and work staff are obnoxious and unhelpful
Teller (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 24, 2015
I have worked for this company for many miserable years, only because the job market was so scarce. The staff at this location are back stabbers, and are very self centered. The management team never comes out to help and when you're stuck in a situation they leave you there to figure it out and later reprimand you for doing it wrong. This bank is ridulous and I can almost strongly regret giving my time here. The rewards are unworthy and the pay is unimaginable. Their benefits are so expensive where it's unaffordable.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Staff, benefits, and location is a war zone
USBank is a great company to work for. They provide excellent beneiftis and have strong leadership.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 3, 2016
I enjoy working with my co-workers and I have the opportunity to provide excellent customer service, They have great work life benefits and have highly effective management in all business lines. USBank is a company that you can feel proud to work for,
Pros
Excellent benefits and work life balance with exceptional management.
Cons
Limited upward mobility in some departments
Good Support and also nice place to work
Business / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  MNMarch 30, 2016
Company rewards production and recognized talent. The company has many facilities to offer if made best out of it. Nice Environment.
Pros
Good Support and also nice place to work. Competitive salary and good benefits.
Cons
Not that i can think of
Good Company
Websphere Administrator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 9, 2016
Over all good place to work but, still depends on the manager you are report to. If the manager is good you will be fine. Higher managers are very open on discussing on the company performance and next steps.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Compensation
Sr. Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2016
A good place to work. Nothing fancy in terms of technologies used or benefits/facilities provided. Good management. Conducive environment for learning and advancement.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYMarch 4, 2016
Extremely stressful. Must be able to multi-task and set your own daily agenda while being pulled in multiple directions. Management is great and always supports you and encourages teamwork. Salary compensation for the work you do is not the best.
Strong Financial Institution/Difficult Atmosphere to work in at this location.
Teller supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHFebruary 2, 2016
Difficult atmosphere to work in at this location. Labeled a Management position but unable to utilize my skills.
Strong sales culture, good benefits, average pay.
Pros
Strong Financial Instution
Cons
Did not feel valued as a part of the management team
Team based job to get the work done
Deposit Processor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 31, 2015
Typical day for would be, getting to my cube and start my day off working. My cube consist of other three fellow co-workers as well. so I'm used to working in tight spots. my department consist 30 or more people of all different ethnicities. this job is a team based setup till finish. We strive to meet our post at the end of every shift. we have to meet our month to month minimum standard (productivity). Feels great to be in a multicultural environment at the end of the day.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
no end time
Great Place to work
Senior Banker NMLS (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 6, 2016
Great Place to work. Great benefits. Wonderful People. Competitive pay. Relocation could be made available for those wanting to travel