U.S. Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,874 reviews matching the search
High stakes growth environment
Flood Hazard Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 24, 2016
In a management role, I was required to achieve a high amount of work for a single person (fairly job-typical nowadays). The culture was good, and the intention is to keep a flagging employee on or find them a new place that is a better fit. Where I worked was fairly relaxed in dress code because we were non-customer facing. Co-workers were intelligent and enjoyable to work with. Management was unforgiving and ruthless.
The enjoyable part of my job was building a team from scratch, and creating something awesome out of the mess I stepped into. The hardest part of my job was the lack of recognition from my superiors. I worked to make that not be the case for those under me, however.
Pros
Variety of food and benefits offered, opportunity for growth
Cons
Job shifting happens often
Poor structure
Personal and Small Business Banker (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 23, 2016
The company has an old school corporate feel that allows old dated technology to run in an technically advanced world which results in frequent issues in attaining incentive goals.
Long hours with limited chance of advancement
Client Services / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 23, 2016
Working as a project manager at US Bank was a full time job. There were requirements such as answering client calls and emails. I learned how to manage multiple projects to completion.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with client needs. With multiple projects and multiple internal teams involved, it took quite a bit of work to keep everything together.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
limited breaks, no work life balance
Fast paced work environment.
Wealth Servicing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDAugust 23, 2016
Fast as you take care of every customer that calls in. You learn lots about different credit card products and banking procedures. The management was fine and generally knowledgeable. Co-workers are friendly. Hardest part of the job is not having too much fun. The most enjoyable part is the compensation.
The most enjoyable part of work
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2016
There are only 7 employees at my location and we are very close like a family. Everyone knows their roles and responsibilities and we work hard to help our customers. My manager understand the value of a proper work/life balance and tries to accommodate us when she can.
Pros
My team is awesome. I have a lot of flexiblility with my schedule.
Cons
Bonuses are hard to attain.
business and how to manage money
Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2016
The aspects of business and the marketing of cooperate culture of finance, loans and money management, loan proposals and first time business owners and there associates.
Pros
selling and marketing
Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 20, 2016
Lot's of room for advancement with a great Management team. U.S. Bank is one of the few companies left that still offers a pension plan to it's employees.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Work life balance
Typical Day at work
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olivette, MOAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work is relaxed. Our employees walk around with smiles on their faces ready to take on the next days challenge.
Good job
BUSINESS SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2016
This was a good company to work for. With all corporations there's ups and down, but overall it's a company that tries to do right by their shareholders, employees and customers.
Great Company
Closing Agent (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHAugust 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time at US Bank. People were great and I was very happy with the environment. The benefits were decent, but could be a bit better. Other than that, I really enjoyed my time there.
Productive, Opportunity for Growth, Great Benefits, Friendly Work Atmosphere
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOAugust 16, 2016
Being able to work independently and still be apart of a team was a awesome experience. The benefits was great. The hardest part of the job was trying to help clients when all options were given and nothing was beneficial for the client and as the representative you did all that was within your limits.
Pros
Hour lunch and 2/15 min. Breaks, great healthcare benefits
Cons
Not much overtime offered, office was always cold in the summertime had to wrap up in your Us Bank blanket while working
Work/ Life Balance
Collections (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 16, 2016
Not very flexible when it comes to your schedule. Management is not on top of things. Turnover is low, incentive structure does not work for everyone.
teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSAugust 15, 2016
I Loved working at us bank but my career is to become a medical assistant, they also made it fun but at time they made us stressful at time because they what everything at fast and because we have to be careful with everything
Competitive, diverse, Opportunity
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 14, 2016
USB is an amazing place to work at. This company focuses on developing those employees that show initiative. It comes with a lot of opportunities and room for growth.
Pros
Flexible schedules, health benefits, career development
Cons
High turn over
My Team is Great and they are very advanced.
Development team lead/Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 13, 2016
I was placed as a leader of my team in 2010. From the beginning, the team's processes were solid but there was a room for improvement and automation. We implemented the changes necessary to minimize our our production support foot print, considerably reducing our incidents, and therefore, were able to focus on our development, as well as product delivery quality. To this date, our team has the best track record in all of IT for this organization. We take pride in that.
Enjoy working with our management
Dflt Mgmt Foreclosure Assoc. III (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 12, 2016
- Great co-workers to work with

- Learn to use other systems

- Wished our homebase for my department would be out here in California

- I wish my department would be homebased
No work life balance
Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 12, 2016
When I worked for the company it was called First Bank and it was not a very nice place to work. I was supposedly part time but ended up working 40 hour weeks. As I was salaried there was no overtime; work-life balance was non-existent.
Pros
Cons
Overworked
Good Company
In Store Banker (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 12, 2016
I worked for an In Store location and it gave me a chance to get my foot in the door in a banking environment. It was very challenging in that as an in store banker, you are responsible for running transactions as well as selling products and opening accounts. The compensation was a little on the low side in my opinion. At that time, incentive pay was quarterly and I felt it could have been more.
good job but horrible sales requirement
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER/PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2016
job is amazing sales requirements are rediculas. worse cause your job depends on how well you sell new product which is very hard cause people credit is not well at all.
Great Group of Staff to work with
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Ames, IA 50010August 11, 2016
Co-workers are amazing to be around along with the other teams we work with such as commercial lending and PCG. You get to work with multiple customers daily. Along with international students. Work along with the University to open a lot of student accounts. Lending is good but slow right now. Personal Loans, Auto Loans, Home Equity Lines of Credit, Credit cards, Personal Lines. Hardest part is actually establishing loans. The market just is not there right now. I love the customers.
Pros
Co-workers are great, we do alot of potlucks, holiday decorating, along with dressing up for halloween.
Cons
Management does not seem to care so much about the employees as it does the numbers they need.