U.S. Bank
1,805 reviews

U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Us Bank
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 28, 2015
Great people at the Bank, Management has a hard time understanding why the bank is not efficient in closing loans on time. Pricing is great, fee's are low. There fulfillment team needs a complete overhaul. Bank has lost many well qualified employees due to the lack of action taken to make the system work smoothly.
Sales Job
Teller (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Good starter job and eventually move up into a Banker role, Benefits
Cons: Upper Management is pushy about sales
Typically teller duties balancing, offering products and referring people to specialists - Bankers, Mortgage, Investments ect. You have to be friendly and talkative to get to know a customer and ask for business. This is a sales job and you will be evaluated on performance daily. Do not apply thinking this is an administrative job or simply rely on teller duties. You have to be willing to ask everyone about their day, work in a product to sell. Again this is a sales position and you are treated as such. If you do not mind sales and multitasking transactions then you will be fine.
Achieved great heights in the community
TELLER (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Able to network
Cons: Sometimes it was no room for personal life
US Bank was a grat place to work, with a great team to back it up. I learned how to handle difficult customers in a more productive way. I also had a chance to work within the community, forming secret Santa, toy drives, and even cookouts.
Good Company
Sr Account Executive (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Sr Managment
Cons: Advancement
US Bank is a Great company but in my position, I am limited professionally. Sr level managment is great but mid level managment is somewhat worry some.

My position entails

Independently lead and manage 60 bank/mortgage company wholesale relationships, administering all aspects of business development, underwriting, competitor research, product strategy, solution based selling, client retention, new product development, team leadership, branding, process improvement, and marketing.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Operations Associate (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJJuly 27, 2015
Instead of doing only a small portion every day, you can learn the whole procedure of the hedge fund operation. work hours are good.
Fun and always room to advance!
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Shawnee, KSJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Pretty easy work
Cons: Rarely get breaks
It seems that people are always getting promoted and advancing here. It is a very sales oriented company but pretty laid back!
Management are fun to work with helpful and prepare you for future advancement.
Credit Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: celebrate birthdays and compensation incentives.
Working with U.S. Bank is wonderful they have always do training and open to change. Management are helpful and always willing to listen to a new ideas. with U.S bank I acquired my management training and my education. most enjoyable are the compensation incentives and recognition job well done.
Enjoyed working for US Bank
Business Banking Officer (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 27, 2015
Lots of opportunities for learning and career advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team of co-workers and supportive managers.
Secured and stable company
Lockbox Clerk (Current Employee), La Mirada, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: very conservative financial institution
Cons: Salary/wages very low, not competitive with other financial institutions
I enjoy doing my work, except for the deafening noise of our big processing machines, which I strongly believe should be put in a separate enclosed area, to mute out the noise. Work schedule was working out for me in the beginning, but after almost 2 years, it is kind of affecting my family, since i work weekends. It has been a constant struggle to be able to spend time with family, because of this.
life as a manager
Senior Branch Manager/Bank Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2015
this bank has lost a lot of amazing people due to bad management and very poor HR who is not interested in being an advocate.
Bad management unethical district
Banker (Former Employee), KentuckyJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Pay, insurance, sales goals, and management
I could talk for days as to why my particular district was horrid working in. The goals are unreasonable and you get talk to like a dog when they aren't met. U.S. Bank as a company is great however the district I worked in was very unethical...ex. Managers sleeping with tellers and we're not fired.
Structured company
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Pewaukee, WIJuly 23, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: The drive to work-traffic
US Bank is a hard company to get into but once your in, your in. There's always room for advancement and they look to hire within first.
l
Payment Analyst (Former Employee), owensbotoJuly 22, 2015
ll,dlsd dslkfksfmkslfms fslkfmkslfms fslkfmksfmsfksfksf sf skfmsk vklsmfkdf sklff sflmfklmsf slkdfnsdkf sflksfmkls fslkdfmsklfms flskfmslkfmlsf lsf sfslfmksf slfkmskf ms flskmflks fls flksf lskfkslfmk f fkfk fkf kf k gfkf fk fkfkfkfk kf fk fk kf fk f
This place is horrible! Omg
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Pomona caJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Occasional free lunches
Cons: Everything
Beware!!!!!!!! If your a teller and your accidentally over or short they will blame you for stealing from the bank or the customer. Save yourself.... Do Not Work Here
They want you to make the bank so much money but you get so little out of it. The sales pressure is immense... This place is a joke and micromanaged.

Bankers have it 20 times worse.....
fun and entertaing
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJuly 21, 2015
entered numeric and alpha info into database. had to meet daily quotas friendly peers and co workers .just not a all year round position
Great environment
DEPOSIT SPECIALIST 1 (Former Employee), spokaneJuly 21, 2015
Not only was the training thorough, done by the book, and easy for me to understand as I truly enjoy and know the basic concepts of a financial institution, I had many resources to reach out to if a question came to mind. I had many opportunities to do volunteer work, was given lots of words of encouragement by all of the staff, and it was perfect for my life and work balance.
Work day
Teller/Banker (Former Employee), Akron, OHJuly 21, 2015
US Bank was educational and great in many ways. The days were filled with typical teller transactions with cross selling new products to new and existing customers.
Good Company
Mortgage Coordinator (Current Employee), Bedford, OHJuly 17, 2015
US Bank is a good company to work for we do have a lot of activities where we involve the entire building. The work environment can be intense at times but was job is not at the end of the day we are here to service the clients. The most enjoyable part is the bond with your coworkers since you see more than your family.
Nice office emviroment
Data Entry Clerk/Account Processor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2015
It was a comfortable place to work with plenty of space. There was plenty of work available so the time would fly by quickly.
Stable employer with great projected employment!
Vault Teller (Current Employee), South Williamson, KYJuly 15, 2015
Cons: Health insurance an pay
Enjoyable coworkers and management that is willing to help you learn and grow! Great place to work with the public! Strict policies and procedures to follow, but they are there to protect me and the company!

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Bank

U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth – Read more

U.S. Bank Salaries