U.S. Bank
1,026 reviews

U.S. Bank Employer Reviews

Poor Pay
Personal Banker (Current Employee), OregonApril 14, 2014
Pros: credit card bonuses.
Cons: poor pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always high sales pressure. Employees are rewarded for high preformance which is nice but it can get overwhelming at times.
The pay is the worst part of the job. It doesnt matter what your position is, they are not consistent about pay.
Huge company with many opportunities if you live in the right market.
Project Manager (Former Employee), MetroApril 14, 2014
Pros: ceo is amazing.
Cons: lower level managers are hit or miss.
HR and Recruiting as a whole are the worst examples of departments in this company. In order to move up, you really need to know somebody...and even then, upper management really wants people to be located in MN. They are missing so many great hires by not expanding their search to other locations.
Very comfortable. Great training and management support.
Teller (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAApril 14, 2014
Pros: very helpful. supportive.
Cons: none.
Great atmosphere from the first day I came on to work. The team was was great with customers.
Very busy and fast paced environment.
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2014
I provided borrowers a single point of contact while going through lost mitigation options or are in review for active foreclosure while offering assistance programs.
Worked with good people
Teller (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 11, 2014
Pros: decent hourly pay
Cons: understaffed
Overall positive experience and fair treatment. Worked full-time hours and was taught a fair amount about the banking world by my co-workers. Management was generally supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job was offering products to the customers that are not free. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were really able to help customers – more... with some of their financial needs. – less
horrible place to work, sales goals are unrealistic
Personal Banker III (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 11, 2014
Pros: very large so can move up and around if need to
Cons: close to home
The goals were the same across the branches. They should be different and be about the location that branch is in.
Great Experience Builder
Contact Center Personal Banker 1L (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment, great management team, best training
Cons: worst compensation
Typical call center with high volume of calls. Variety in calls serviced creates better bankers.
Fast Paced
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), West Allis, WIApril 10, 2014
We are a very fast paced environment that is very customer focused.
Busy Retail Environment
Universal Banker (Former Employee), San ClementeApril 9, 2014
Pros: busy and great sales incentive
Cons: lots o fpressure to sell.
Sales, customer service, teller, daily reports, daily balancing, tested frequently on policy and procedure.
Fun place to work
Children's Ministry Director/Technical Liaison (Current Employee), Crestwood, MOApril 9, 2014
good place to work. with plenty of great co workers and supervisors.
Fine place
Technician Windows XP to Windows 7 (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 9, 2014
Pros: small but good crew of folks to work with.
Cons: difficult to plan future.
Worked on remote Windows 7 updates and remediation. Quiet. Little contact with anyone else. Little actual training.
Great company to work for.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAApril 9, 2014
US bank is a great place to work for. The management needs a little improvement but over all if you want to gain experience in banking, this is the place to be.
Universal Banker (Former Employee), North Bend, ORApril 8, 2014
.Review posted on last questionaire...
Was a great place to work, I would do it again if I could.

National Bank
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Boone, IAApril 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers and customers
Cons: no where for advancement
Great work environment with great co-workers. Great started job
Excellent promotion possibilities
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Falcon, COApril 8, 2014
Pros: management support and challenge
Cons: poor work/life balance due to hours.
I work for an excellent manager. She spent time training and equipping employees to be promoted. I have gained administrative, budget, analytical, and problem solving skills. I have learned to work with co-workers as a team; to challenge others, hold them accountable, and support and promote them. I have absolutely learned to enjoy the details and operations – more... of my job. – less
good company
Senior Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2014
Solid company with management issues. There are great entry level managers however the senior level management is wildly out of touch with the front lines.
Most employees in the branches are under the age of 30
Personal Banker 3 (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 7, 2014
Financial services company - most employees are financial sales people selling consumer/business deposits and loan products
Great place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 7, 2014
Became a better leader
Co-workers were great
The hours are pretty tough to get used to, but well worth it.
Enjoyed it so much would love to go back
Easy D Fund Reviewer (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYApril 6, 2014
Pros: the banking hours, benefits for being us bank employee such as free checking and discounts with other businesses, lunch breaks were not scheduled for us
Cons: was a temporary worker
Working at US Bank for me consisted of reviewing mortgage files. My position was to open up a PDF file that consisted of mortgage documentation and to sort, condense, and make sure each of the pages were named and named correctly. I learned what was necessary to have in the paperwork before purchasing or refinancing home mortgages as well as banking – more... software.

Even though the branch I worked at was a big office with our own area of expertise, as a whole we connected like a family. The big thing at that particular office was team work to help the customer quickly and accurately.

The hardest part of the job was the unstable workflow. Some of the loans we were purchasing from other banks would not have all the stipulations required for us to proceed. That in turn caused a ripple effect of backing up certain area's while the area's after them had no work.

What I liked most about the job was the location, the people, and the fact it was a desk job. This job was the least stressful, if not stress relieving, form of employment I have ever experienced. – less
US Bank
teller (Former Employee), Thornton, COApril 5, 2014
Working here was fun because it was very fast and always exciting. The customers I worked with to the people a stood by everyday, it was a great place to be.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Bank

Not quite a bank for the entire US, U.S. Bancorp is nonetheless one of the ten largest bank holding companies in the country. – Read more