U.S. Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,704 reviews matching the search
Great Place to work
Personal Banker I (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZMay 2, 2016
U. S. Bank was a great experience for me. I learned a lot about the ins and outs of banking. My coworkers and management were great individuals who were always willing to do what's best for the team and for our clients. I came on as a personal banker and I learned the process of opening accounts, loan applications, mortgage applications, and working there excelled my customer service abilities. I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a great place to work with awesome advancement opportunities.
Very high stressed job.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDApril 22, 2016
Took incoming calls every day. Most of the time it was 3 hours before I got my first break and a lot of the time my lunch break was only an hour and a quarter after. We had to endure calls from irate customers swearing and calling us names and little to no backup from our supervisors. My co-workers were very supportive and as a whole were very friendly. I had a lot of friends that I keep in touch with. Managers weren't allowed to fraternize with us service advisors. The most enjoyable part of the job were the big meetings when big prizes were handed out to some of us.
Pros
Prizes and food at meetings
Cons
stress
Always plenty of work
Commercial Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAApril 27, 2016
Casual Dress code! Repetitive 10-keys and data entry all day. You must meet an hourly quota, so no room to talk/interact with co-workers. Are able to put on headphones and jam out while working. Currency/coin is dealt with all day, so workplace can get a bit dusty and dirty. Due to same day customer credit, work must be done same day. Everyday is different loads of work so don't know if you'll be going home on time or doing OT.
Pros
Casual dress code, no physical contact with customers & can listen to music while working
Cons
Not knowing if you will be going home on time or OT until that day.
Strong company, tough place to work.
Branch Manager, Elkhorn Office (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, WIApril 26, 2016
Great products and services. Well-managed company. Work-life balance and stress level for employees is tough. Expectations are very, very high. The better you do, the higher your goals.
Huge amount of sales pressure. I often felt like I had to choose between my personal ethics and meeting my goals. For example - we need x number of credit cards, so sell a credit card to everyone today, no matter if they want/need it or not.
Pros
Great products & technology. Decent customer service.
Cons
Sales pressure for employees. Lots of turnover due to stress.
Fast paced and ever changing
Mortgage Loan Opener (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 22, 2016
The mortgage world is always changing, so it keeps itself from being boring. I love the upgrades and the new technologies that come our way as they allow me a chance to get more into the technical aspect of our field.
This would probably be considered a higher stress job, but the challenge that that brings makes you throw yourself into work.
I also love that this workplace has always placed high value on your home and family life. This is the type of job that you do not have to take home with you, and they are very flexible when it comes to scheduling around the needs of the home.
A productive job with a lot of customer interaction
Fraud Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDApril 22, 2016
a great job for someone who likes to work in a call center oriented environment. They have great pay and amazing benefits. You talk with a lot of really nice people and great coworkers. Hardest part of the job is to follow all the guidelines that are given to you. Sometimes feels overburdening. US bank is a great place overall to work.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Call center, lots of angry callers
Fantastic place to work with great potential for advancement
Sales & Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 19, 2016
US Bank is, hands down, the best company I have ever worked for. They truly care about their employees and their customers and want the best for them. They show their appreciation through employee perks and benefits, two weeks paid vacation to start for all employees, paid sick time, and ecards/ebuttons. I do think they pay on the mid to lower end for bigger banks in the twin cities area. However, there is a ton of opportunity to grow with the company if you want to work your way and earn more money.
Pros
Positive work environment, many locations, great customer service
Cons
Pay
Work Day
Outbound Sales Banker (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 5, 2016
I really enjoy my job at US Bank because I am challenged each and everyday. I work in a very competitive sales environment which keeps me sharp and focused. Monday through Friday my job is to contact US Bank customers to find ways that I can better assist them by offering lower interest rates on their home mortgages, auto loans, and credit cards. Each call flow is different because each customer is in a different financial situation.
Fast paced work environment with minimal superivision
TRANSACTION SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2016
My typical day consisted of sitting at a desk and typing bank data into a system. I learned how to self teach, work as a team but alone simultaneously. Management was stellar, very helpful and friendly.I liked most of my co-workers, but if I don't care for someone I'm polite and avoid them. I'm not confrontational. The most enjoyable part of my job was the solitude. I thrive in working alone, and I'm a night person.The hardest part of my job was sitting for an entire shift. I can sit for extended periods, but I'd like a job where I'm on my feet more.
Not the best job
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXApril 7, 2016
came in sat down clocked in answered phone calls about peoples accounts. The co-workers were amazing people to be around, Management has favoritism they per say need too make the environment less hostile and more relaxed and upbeat. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were rude. Lunch and clocking out to go home was the most enjoyable part of the day
Pros
lunch
Cons
short 10 min breaks
My overall work experience was a positive one.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 8, 2016
As stated above, I very much enjoyed my experience at US Bank, I especially enjoyed the challenge of finding and resolving errors that were made within the system. While working there I worked the 2nd shift, which was perfect for my family situation at the time, I also enjoyed the positive energy of my co-workers. Unfortunately, due to a serious illness of a family member, I was made to make the difficult decision to end my position with the company in order to care for my father in-law, it is one that I do not regret. After the passing of my father in-law I went back to school and I am looking forward to a new career in health information technology.
Pros
The people I worked with, and I loved my hours at the time.
credit and disputes.
Credit, Debit Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 1, 2016
A typical day consists in helping customers with their credit and debit accounts and addressing their concerns. If learned that many calls can be turn around into a positive. The hardest part was hearing an upset customer and pulling all strings to make them happy. The most enjoyable moment is when I knew I'v serviced the customer and they are happy and can enjoy the rest of their day.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
difficult to balance home and work.
Great Foundation
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 29, 2016
First job in the banking and financial industry. Lots of learning experience and plenty of tools/resources to get you going. Advancement difficult and solely dependent on your management's approval. Work/Life Balance was so-so... Numerous times asked to cover shifts, changes in scheduling, work later hours, etc.

Incentive plan for bonuses constantly changing and nothing ever sufficient enough to make huge difference in pay.

Awesome work environment as a whole, very diverse in employees hired and created a somewhat fun, motivational workplace.
Very busy in-store location.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the customers here at the location. 28th and Quebec King Soopers. The staff at this location was just as amazing.

While processing Withdraws, Deposits and Payments, we were to try and sell our products to the customer. Most of the clients would listen to what you had to say and if you were good at your job, you could have an easy sell.

Overall I loved this place and miss my co-workers and clients.
Pros
Great salary, constant training, very busy, great customers.
Cons
No management in location for over 6 months so no room for growth.
Boiler Room
Branch Manager, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is never the same. What is so interesting about the company is how different each region is managed. One portion of the company does things one way and another company does it completely different. The management from where I was placed, was so wishy washy. One day you were a great employee and later in that day you were a fail. There was 0 consistency in region I was in. Every day was a new challenge and there was never a consistent flow to the numbers. The worst part of it all was the fact that you had to have your day scheduled down to the minute. If your schedule wasn't suitable according to an operations manager, you were placed on an action plan.
A great place to work and go to college
Private Client Banker & Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2016
On the phone for 8 hours a day - flexible schedules to allow for educational pursuits. A fantastic way to learn from entry level banking to Private Client Banking and many other facets' of banking.

The co-workers were for the most part team players and happy to do their part on the team. Management teams were willing to assist and cultivate growth.
Pros
Lots of rewards and financial incentives offered
Cons
Never met the financial incentive goals.
Work
Security (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2016
Working at the US bank arena has been fun. It is not the best job out there because it is part time and its all the dirty work people do before events. I work there for extra cash. It is easy work but the hours are really long. The pay isn't good and you have to pay to park each time you work and its like 10 bucks. So you loss an hour of work to pay for your parking. Fun place and I have meet a lot of people, but the work experience is terrible
Job Details Masked in Interview
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOApril 6, 2016
I was told advancement was quick, and I had told my interviewer my intentions upfront: to become a personal banker. He told me that it would be no problem to advance to a personal banker very quickly. After being hired, I was told that a typical promotion doesn't occur until at least 1 year in the role, and the advancement chain from my position to personal banker was 6 different job steps.
Monotonous
Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2016
Very repetitive work. Management seems very under qualified. A good "first job" but becomes monotonous and office politics can become old quick. Many employees have been here for many years, in the same cubicle, doing the exact same work.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Clear direction of the department is nonexistant, Management seems out of touch with rank and file, Management does not know the basic job duties of their team members.
Outstanding corporation that cares deeply for its employees and customers
IT Service Center Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 25, 2016
Great environment to work, learn and grow. Very supportive and caring staff from the CEO down. Your personal opinions are listened to every 2 years with an all employee survey to rate and rank your job and overall management that is acted upon in a positive manner.
Pros
Very positive environment
Cons
Bad publicity from outside sources and government