U.S. Bank

U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,089 reviews matching the search
Pleasant job environment
Post closing specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 4, 2016
Work at U.S. Bank was a pleasant experience. I learned the process of mortgage closing procedures. As a post closer I made final review of loan documents, made some entry data and packaged reviewed docs. Management and co-workers were kind and friendly.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Nice place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNFebruary 4, 2016
Fast paced, wonderful training program, opportunities for advancement, good management. The hardest part was to deal with jealous coworkers, but customers and experience are great
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks.
Recognition doesn't match accomplishment
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDFebruary 3, 2016
Okay with the company for the most part, but some management changes have really ruined a good thing. Management where I am doesn't seem to have priorities straight. If you aren't flashy about your accomplishments you don''t get recognized. I have gotten more recognition for smaller accomplishments than I have gotten for the bigger things that I have done. I am not alone in that.

Also, I have gotten a pay cut in one way or another every year I have worked there. If I had not been promoted a few times I would be making less money than when I started 5 years ago.
Pros
Flexible schedual
Cons
Compensation is not competitive
Good learning experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 3, 2016
good learning experience. great ceo. fun work environment. good employees. the learning about products are endless.
okay place to work
1st Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 2, 2016
It was an okay place to work. Politics place a large role and if certain managers like you or not. They need to improve their upper management staff.
Strong Financial Institution/Difficult Atmosphere to work in at this location.
Teller supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHFebruary 2, 2016
Difficult atmosphere to work in at this location. Labeled a Management position but unable to utilize my skills.
Strong sales culture, good benefits, average pay.
Pros
Strong Financial Instution
Cons
Did not feel valued as a part of the management team
Solid Company that Puts Employees First
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2016
This is the kind of company you could retire with - they're great about putting employees first. Pay may not compete with other industries, but employee benefits are excellent. I worked for the bank for about 9 years and every time I was ready for growth, opportunities awaited - either in my business line or with the Employee Development Network and MentorConnect. It's a well managed, prudent company with great leaders and committed employees.
Pros
Medical Benefits and Retirement, Development Ops
Cons
Pay
Great workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 31, 2016
US Bank was a great company to work for. I enjoyed the team that I worked with and the beliefs of the company were similar to the views I had. I especially was looking for a company that had opportunities for advancement which was something I was very pleased with there.
Watch your back!
In-Store Banker (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJanuary 30, 2016
Branch managers get away with virtually anything, but their underlings are completely dispensable. Very "cliquey" and constant pressure to sell sell sell. If you have a perfect balancing record and very high marks in customer service and satisfaction, but don't meet the monthly sales goals, you'll be set up to be fired for a b.s. reason. The existing customers are typically ignored in favor of new accounts, loans, and bank income.
Pros
Peers are awesome
Cons
Management are backstabbers
I enjoyed it while it lasted.
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2016
I really enjoyed this work place until rules and the turn over in employment took a toll on the company. I stayed as long as I could do to the economy affect
Great place to start your banking career
Senior Banker (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 29, 2016
There is potential to make decent money. You need to be outgoing and able to retain product knowledge which is always changing. Lots of opportunities to advance to new positions within the bank when you take the time and put in a solid effort.
Pros
Advancement oppurtunities
Cons
Typical manager drama
Newly Developed Floor
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2016
When I work for this company, I worked for a floor that was newly developed. Upper management was working on smoothing out issues that pertained to the floor being so new. Overall, this was a great company to work for.
Summary
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Minocqua, WIJanuary 28, 2016
No review to right in regards to this company at this time. Not sure what to say at this point other than I was employed by them.
Sales Oriented
Commercial Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2016
Be prepared to sell and talk all day for a long time. Good for honing your customer service skills to the fullest. Do your job, don't take it home, and you'll be fine.
Pros
Cool Co-workers
Cons
Hard customers
Productive enviroment and high standard of excellence
Host (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJanuary 27, 2016
After working for the bank for the past two years, I have become very comfortable with the job of being a teller. I really enjoy the customer relationships that I've had the chance to make and I wish to expand on my skills in the position of computer skills.
Fun work environment, Req low moral compass
Banker 1 Outbound (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2016
You basically are expected to sell banking materials over the phone and lead the consumer down a long line of questions with hopes of unveiling financial products that they can use. The sales go into a pipeline that if not closely watched will disappear.

You work on quota scale system that will be re-written as soon as the majority of teams encompass the necessary points to attach a bonus to the base salaries. No, You won't earn a bonus or commission for the first 60-90 days after which you will be thrown to the wolves who steal sales, are cunning and often steal customer info to sell on the black market.

Managers are consistently on vacations and are quick to deny team members days off.The majority of a call center will be preoccupied with having relations with people at work or and aren't interested in much integration into the community aside from partying and getting drunk after work.
Pros
Structured Environment, Cafeteria, Company Culture
Cons
Opposiition between teams work to prevent full work ethics, & foster bias's along with lies built into reward system
very cat there with the people that works there
Senior Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Management is very bad and if you are not liked they will let you go. very stressful place to work for and very unfair management when it comes the the managers.
Pros
Vp are great people
Cons
Management is very bad and very stressful
A very enjoyable atmosphere, friendly co-workers
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2016
I am doing data entry and keying in IRS personal information into the computer. This job has increased my keying skills and I have learned more about some of the IRS procedures. I work well with my co-workers and the supervisory staff. I am only averaging 18 or less hours per week. I desire more hours and more stability in a job.
Pros
Very close to home
Cons
Temporary employment
Fun Place
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2016
Working in a call center was a great place. Met some great people. The monthly bonuses were great when I worked there. The hours that I worked were also very nice
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
breaks
Good Place to Work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Olivette, MOJanuary 24, 2016
Although I have been working elsewhere for a long time I did enjoy my time at GC Services and it helped establish my career and helped me grow into the quality employee I am today.