U.S. Bank
1,192 reviews

U.S. Bank Employer Reviews

Keep looking!
Banker (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2014
I was at a instore branch; expect extremely low pay, terrible hours, low quality customer and no engageemnt with upper management.

Overall poor business philosophy - quantity over quality with this bank. High turnover and not much support to advance in your career. I now work for another bank in the same position and make about $20,000 a year including – more... base+comission.

Good place to get experience if you have no banking experience though! – less
awesome company
Collector (Former Employee), kansas cityJuly 24, 2014
suretel is an awesome place to work at loved the job.would go bck
Great opportunity with a great company.
Invoice Analyst (Current Employee), richfield, MNJuly 24, 2014
Cons: older workforce to compete against. hard without much experience.
It’s a pretty relaxed and clean work environment. I work at the Richfield corporate location so it is a pretty convenient location with anything you could want for lunch or to run errands on your break. They do a good job of promoting and hiring from within, but it still can be hard in this economic environment. Hours are flexible and managers are easy – more... to work with. – less
Wonderful staff and driven individuals
Vice President (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2014
Working for this company has taught me a lot; I did enjoy working with my peers and most importantly my direct reports
Productive and very good enviroment
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Midvale, UTJuly 23, 2014
Audited files for QC. If there was missing data, documents or error. Worked as a team player to help resolve issue in company standard timeframe. My manager was very supportive and let me implement ideas to help achieve better time frame. All my co-workers were open to my implemented ideas and worked together.
Mid West Company
VP, AVP AND SITE MANAGER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2014
During my tenure, more of the functions moved to the mid-west locations.
Temp role
Portfolio Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
Temporary Teller.

assist customers with financial transactions, develop client banking relationships, sell banking products and services, balance the ATM.
horrible management
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee), Saint George, UTJuly 21, 2014
Pros: close to groceries
Cons: horrible management team
management is horrible, they are rude and talk very badly about customers and co-workers. very disappointing.
Amazing Place to Work!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, opportunities, people, atmosphere
Cons: advancement
U.S Bank provides a fun and friendly atmosphere, with wonderful people, and a fairly nice campus. They educate you from ground up in all you need to know, and provide all the help and mentor-ship you need to succeed. With great pay and benefits, this breeds an atmosphere that anyone can thrive in.

That being said: My only problem with U.S. Bank is – more... the linear advancement opportunities. It is tough to move around interoffice, and when you do finally get the opportunity to learn a new specialization, you tend to limit your future opportunities to that field of specialization.

My advice: Once you have learned the basics of life at U.S. Bank, think carefully about which field of work you would prefer to work in, as you may spend the majority of your career in that field.

(For example: The fields of work I am referring to are: Corporate, Government, Business, Credit, Fraud, Customer Relations, HR, Mail, Office of the President, Quality, Payment Research, Case Processing, Service Resolution.

It's exceedingly tough to move between departments, and some departments have little to no advancement beyond the basic entry level positions. If you do move into a career with U.S. Bank, make sure to work closely with your manager when determining advancement opportunities) – less
Growth
Tax Liens Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2014
U.S. Bank provideds is a good place to grow with opportunities given to advance in your position.
Very Customer Oriented Work place
Service Specialist/Vault Teller (Current Employee), Anderson, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: close knit commmunity creates closer bonds to regular customers
Cons: work loads need to be shared equally and professionalism should be key amoungst supervisors.
Overall, I am very Satisfied with US Bank as an employer, I have a wonderful Management team and we try to make our work time enjoyable.
Was a great company to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee), W Burlington, IAJuly 19, 2014
This was a great company to work for, until it closed. The hours were long, but the pay made up for it.
A great company that participates in many volunteer opportunities
Universal Banker (Current Employee), Stanton, CAJuly 18, 2014
Morning day huddle with my work family, promote and designate a sales plan for the day. Review pending loans and outstanding exceptions. Designate daily duties to staff. Open and establish new accounts, submit new loans, and outside calling to promote new credit products.

I have been part of the management team for over 5 years and I've had a lot of – more... great mentors throughout the years. To be a successful member of management you must be dedicated, involved and always lead by example.

My co-workers are like my second family after all work is your second home you must learn to have a professional relationship with your co-workers and set boundaries. – less
Working as a Reconcilor at US Bank
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), US BankJuly 18, 2014
I start off my day by reconciling the DDA/GL accounts, I flow into my emails that have to have a resond to them for open items,then I start to reconcil the Foreign Currency accounts, I finish my day by checking off items on a action required report. During the day I will answer emails, phone calls and do daily and weekly reports and send them to different – more... departments. – less
Solid organization
VICE PRESIDENT- DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 17, 2014
Solid organization with strong senior management whom hold a superior vision of where the company is headed.
Conevient Locations, strong leadership, moral values,friendly service, conservating lending approach.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits, development plans, conservative values approach to banking, locations, and convenience, and great products!
Cons: stresfull environment, constant micro managing, one of the lowest paying banks out there.
Offering personal and business banking products to customers to best fit their needs.
Learned the importance of customer service, lending regulations, banking policies, sales approach, balance impact sheet and management of staff.
Management is at the core a great leadership however at branch level, the communication breakdown is imminent.
Hardest part – more... of the job the constant pressure of sales goals.
Most enjoyable part is meeting people, listening to their stories and establishing lasting friendships. – less
if you are able to just focus on your job and not get caught up in everthing else it can be a great place to work.
customer service representative (Former Employee), racine, wiJuly 16, 2014
good hours, ok pay, but not much else is good .
there were lots of management changes and inconsistency because of it.
I learned that banking is not as easy as it seems.
Not the best as the claim
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: training.
Cons: managment, staffing, incentive plan, benefits, pay, promotion development.
I have been lied to, we all have. Many companies I have worked for have not entirely lied to me about career advancement. but when your job position is even looked down on within the company. then there is something really wrong.

The best thing I can say about the bank is the training. If you push hard enough they will provide you with the tools and – more... resources to help yourself and educate yourself. however these efforts do not help your job and are encouraged. they want you to succeed in your position and stay there. that is all. I have never seen so much turn over so close and so spread out. I have been with the company over 3 years and I am the longes lasting employee here. the next person whose been with the company in my district has been with the bank just over a year. – less
Great place to work but after 5 years I'm ready for a real career that doesnt have a high turnover and that values their employees.
Customer Care/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2014
Pros: bonus checks for hard work are great!
Cons: unwillingness to cooperate with an employees scheduling.
This job required the customer care of inbound calls and sales. I learned a lot of patience here in working with customers of all types over the phone. The co-workers were great and the management was decent. The hardest part was the job being very repetitive(if you can stand it it's fine but this job has a high turnover rate). This job is for some – more... people and not for others. The best part though was the bonus check and the bonus boost for hitting goals. – less
Great working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJuly 14, 2014
I learned how to be responsible, detail oriented, and personable. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and clients on a face to face value.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Bank

U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth – Read more