U.S. Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,819 reviews matching the search
Not for experienced workers, work intended for first time employees
ESCROW ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 24, 2016
The overall environment is degrading and made clear from day one you are replaceable and unimportant.

USBank wants employees whom have never worked so that they can be formed in their image. Employees with banking or financial experience are at a disadvantage, because you must unlearn basic principles to conform to their accounting principles.
Pros
local
Cons
each activity is timed including bathroom breaks, atmosphere is fear motivated
Very flexible and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 23, 2016
CALLS ARE BACK TO BACK EVERRRRYDAY ALLLLLDAY. If your ok with that then this is the perfect job for you. Benefits are great . holiday time and vacation is great. you get 40 hours of sick time but sick time would count as occurrence. Teams are literally controlled by managers. Each manager is diferent . You could get fired over something by your manager but someone could do the same thing on another team and if their manager is ok with the same issue then they wouldn't get fired. ITs all up to your personal manager. sometimes its not fair.
Productive place to work
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 20, 2016
It is a very informative company with a friendly work environment. It is a very faat past working emvironment that has a high turn over rate.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Bad healthcare
Great!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Three locationsJuly 20, 2016
Great place to work. I love my management, my opportunities, and all of the things that I do. My coworkers are wonderful and the customers make my day.
Horrible manager
Teller Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 19, 2016
The manager, Gina, treated her employees more like slaves. She never requested a task be complete, but instead, demanded. Very rude.
Banking
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJuly 19, 2016
It has been a very good experience and in the long run will help get me a job that I am looking for for the long haul. overall good experience.
Good Employeer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 18, 2016
The only reason I left the company was because we were moving out of the area, I was ready to try another bank. I very much enjoyed US bank while I was their, and my manager was excellent!
Great place to learn about all aspects of the financial industry
Assistant Vice President of Business Banking (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 18, 2016
Great place to work, Job security and support lack in areas of lower management. Regional President for Arkansas is awesome!
the job is okay but other things count as well
Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJuly 18, 2016
Things can always get better if the people who messed it up in the first place put their very best effort in solving them. If not, you start to lose employees :) #Poor management
Pros
decent hour long lunch
Cons
no work life balance/ poor management
not sure
Life Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJuly 17, 2016
I got laid off when change of ownership happened. not sure how it is anymore. The work itself was fine. Just need attention to detail and enjoy working with machines. My team was great, but we all got laid off at the same time.
Management is very volatile
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2016
Most of the management speak to you in a very condescending manner, which makes the working environment very hostile. The pay is very poor.
productive, fun, spicy, lively, entertaining for day to day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2016
A typical day would be engaging with clients to upsell products and inquire new prospects to consider trying new innovative banking ideas to increase goals.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Terrible work place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 14, 2016
Terrible customer service in branches. Employees are so fake that they are transparent. Customers would be talked about in a negative way as they would approach the teller front desk. Teller would throw on a front and pretend to be nice until the customer was just about out the door and they would continue adding on to the negative comments they were making earlier. Bankers do NOT make an effort to attend customers as quick as they should. Bankers would watch a customer come in, sit down and just look around at the other bankers to see who is going to actually get up to attend them. Customers would wait for 20-30 minutes just to have a banker finally decide to go talk to them. Tellers were trained in referrals through computer interactions but tellers were not making even a slight effort to refer customers rather were sending the business else where. Tellers consistently had phones out near computers and highly sensitive customer information.Management team was a joke they would not correct these behaviors and worst they were training new hires under these examples. US Bank should put more effort into monitoring their employees. Worst job i've ever had and i'm so thankful to be out of there. Will feel bad for the company once they incur a increase in identity theft and what not considering employees are able to use their phones near computers containing all customer information.
Pros
Benefits at 30 Hrs/wk
Cons
Employees do not reflect what the company claims to stand for
Great place to work and meet customer needs.
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 13, 2016
Providing great customer service, solving problems.
I learned that helping customers is the most important thing you can do.
My management team was wonderful, very open and was always there when needed. I was also part of the Management team.

My co-workers were always willing to learn and help each other.

The hardest part of my job was when i couldn't help my customers with their after trying every possible scenario.

Meeting all company goals for my branch, making my employees happy and seeing all of my customers.
Pros
Float Days
Cons
No Lunch Break, it was eat on the go!
For sales driven individuals
BANKER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 13, 2016
In-Store Banker, must be sales driven or will be on action plan, long hours, can end up working open to close shifts. Banker training on the job, so you only have to be a high school graduate. Good foot in the door opportunity,
Management does not promote minorities
Default Management Liquidation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2016
Poor leadership, followers not leaders. Racist leaders that does not care about promoting minorities past supervisor positions. Slow to adapt to changes, adopting a conservative culture with a good old boy system in place. Holding on to the past not willing to dig in to real corporate problems, huge lawsuits for racial bias and discrimination is waiting to explode within the company.
Great Company
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2016
US Bank is a great company with a great culture. I am happy to be a part of such a growing economic powerhouse. It truly is a great opportunity to learn and develop your financial education and banking skill-set.
Large Sales-driven bank
Colorado - Senior Banker II / Asst. Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with at US Bank but I am not a natural sales person so this position was not the right fit for me.
Pros
Good Exerience
Cons
Sales-heavy culture
Good People - options for job growth
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 11, 2016
Working for US Bank was a rewarding experience. There were opportunities for career growth and the people were great to work with.
Productive, great community and work environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lomita, CAJuly 11, 2016
Great staff and environment. Everyday is about making deposits and cashing checks for customers and non customers and the availability to help customers with their financial issues regarding their accounts. The most difficult thing about this job is competitive sales. Since it is high sales driven, it is a competition between