U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Found 3,748 reviews matching the search
It focuses on people.
In Store Banker II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 25, 2017
US Bank is a good place to work. It does focus on people , rather than technology.There were many weekend activities and things to bring the team together.Also, good benefits.
Good company if you enjoy Banking Industry
Senior Banker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2017
great place to work, hard to make higher wages in the branch level banking. The best idea is to hone your skills and move to banking partners like Mortgage or Financial Advising
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
stagnant wage growth
No Comment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 24, 2017
US Bank is a great bank. Like any other financial institution it is a simple job servicing customer. I still bank at US Bank. They are awesome..super awesome
Great Work place
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Lakeland Shores, MNJuly 24, 2017
I very much enjoyed working for US Bank. They were very good at rewarding their employees as well as many different opportunities to make some extra money.
Pros
Rewards and company sponsored events
Cons
a lot of information to take in as someone new to banking, but that is a con to anyone starting in banking and no specifically against us bank
Nice place to work
VA Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 24, 2017
The job itself wasn't that hard, it did require a lot of concentration which was sometimes hard to do with loud conversations going on around you. It can sometimes be a little difficult to transfer to other departments.
Pros
Hours, healthcare
Cons
Loud conversations going on around you
good company, poor management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 24, 2017
Good company to work for, poor management, lots of favoritism towards certain employees, very unfair when asking for vacation time off or sick time if supervisors would do their job correctly employees wouldn't feel discriminated..
Pros
fun place, quarterly bonuses
Cons
micro management, felt pressured
Great place to get your start in commercial lending
AVP Business Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 23, 2017
Good training program. Provides the structure and support needed to learn what is needed to succeed in commercial lending. The hardest part of the job is staying motivated to find new business. It is critical to consistently source new opportunities, cold call and meet with prospective clients. Eventually you will have a solid base that refers business to you and makes the job easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting with clients and closing the deal. If you are driven, outgoing, friendly and detail-oriented this may be the place for you.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 22, 2017
I take inbound calls for Us Bank Home Mortgage. Customers call in with concerns regarding escrow, change in insurance, taxes, etc. I love working for US Bank because they do care about he job and very involved with the community.
Great place to begin getting professional experience
PROFESSIONAL TELLER (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 22, 2017
This was my first job outside of retail or food and it was a good first experience in a professional role. I thoroughly enjoyed providing customer service but did not enjoy selling promotional products and accounts to customers.
Typical retail banking job
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 22, 2017
Typical retail banking job. Employees staffing retail banking centers are simply warm bodies to act as service agents for whoever/whatever walks in the door. Base pay is extremely poor but the incentive plan is fair.
Pros
Incentive plan
Cons
No career development

Want to know more about U.S. Bank?

Ask a question
Great Working Environment
Mortgage Processing Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 22, 2017
Love working at this financial institution. The management is very great. There is tremendous opportunity for employee development and growth. Would recommend a career here.
Productive learning enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Personal Sales Banker) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2017
The hardest part of the job is not having enough time off of the phones. Difficult to get up and go to the bathroom without it negatively affecting your scorecard. I learned that the call center environment is a great place for learning, being in the back side of the bank you really are the back bones of the compay.
Pros
Free lunches. Prizes, contests!
Cons
Short breaks, lots of changes.
Poorly Managed
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 21, 2017
Incompetent individuals with job security and no shame, no people skills and plain lazy. If you ever seen the image where one person digs the hole and six are supervising this is it. Steer clear.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
The hours did not meet the time required
Data Perfection Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2017
I feel that it should be more strict on its rules and regulations. I enjoyed it for the time that I worked there. It just did not pay me the kind of money that I was making when I first started. The incentives were gone. My hours were cut down to part-time hours. It is a company that needs some work on management. Other than that being said it was ok.
Pros
vacation
Cons
short hours
Racist company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 21, 2017
They use you up and spit you out like you're nothing. I hated everyday I spent working for those racist people. Theyre very cheap and have way too many double standards as well.
Pros
Cons
Racism
Overworked and under paid
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 19, 2017
I managed an instore branch. I advanced very quickly in my position, but I had no life outside of work. They don't care if you have a family, or anything out side of the branch walls. I think if you managed a regular branch with regular hours, it would have been a much better place to work. Being an in store you were open 7 days a week from 10am to 7pm. I was expected to be at work @7-8 am for conference calls almost daily, then stay late with the staff to make sales calls. If we were open regular hours like a "regular branch" I doubt you would be expected to arrive at work every day at 6-7 am to do the same number of conference calls we were expected to do at an "in store" branch.
Pros
Opportunity for fast advancement with hard work
Cons
NO work/life balance
US Bank
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2017
US Bank is an ok place to work for. I only wished that they offered more paid time off and better pay. The title of my job was inaccurate to what I was doing.
Helping people improve their work loads
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 19, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co-workers.

Learning the in's and out's of designing systems for the Help Desk and associated departments.
Decent workplace
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2017
In the beginning, I enjoyed working here until I started to notice that the only people who gets promoted are the friends of Supervisors/Managers. You have to know someone in order to get ahead. Sad.
Great Benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 19, 2017
US Bank has great benefits and promotes a healthy work life balance. They encourage growth opportunities and offer tuition reimbursement. It is overall a great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.