U.S. Bank

1.9K reviews

U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Wonderful job and envionrment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 30, 2015
This job is a wonderful job, with kind and willing to help managers. It is a enjoyable job, with a great pay amount and they appreciate their employees.
productive teamwork based employer
o Debt Collector (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 26, 2015
Pros: great compensations and benefits
Cons: long hours that interacted with everyday life
a typical day at this job consisted of knowing what was asked of the employees and sometimes to better assist the employees they would partner some people up to get the job done quicker... there was a lot of self-responsibility
Good company to work for
Banker (Former Employee), Seattle, WashingtonAugust 25, 2015
I have worked at multiple banks, but U.S. Bank was far the best employer. Most enjoyable part of the job were my co workers. They were always there to help if I needed anything.
Great Company to work for
Banker (Current Employee), Cameron Park, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: open 7 days a week, not enough pay.
I absolutely LOVE my job!
I have an amazing manager!

the downside for me are the hours.

we are open 7 days a week.
Monday-Friday 10-7
Saturday 10-5
Sunday 10-2

no time for a few things that really matter to me.
Review closed government loans (FHA and VA) to assure all documents were complete,
Post funding Reviewer (Former Employee), Nevada, MOAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Busy office and day passed quickly.
Cons: Constant attention to detail needed to assure proper completion of documents.
Very close attention to contracts and supporting documents needed. Busy, open office sometimes could be distracting.
a typical day at work
teller (Current Employee), kentuckyAugust 23, 2015
Pros: holidays off
Cons: management
It really is not a bad place to work except advancement is on who you are and not what you know. The ones in management really now really have no idea of what is going on
Fun place to work.
Deposit Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Yakima, WAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Work with a fun group -- interesting work
Cons: Part time job
We receive the work from various US Bank branches and prepare it for processing. There are 4 of us who work together as a team to make sure the work gets done each night on time. We get along well, and it is a relaxed and fun atmosphere. It is nice to see how things are done -- what the public doesn't see, but reaps the benefits of.
I'm salaried and I'm expected to work 60 hours a week but get paid for 40
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Bay Area, CAAugust 22, 2015
I have no work life balance. Slow hire turn around time. Forced to work overtime for free. I work more 7 day weeks the 5 day weeks.
More a dictator
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria, benefits
Cons: Management not working or listening to workers
Not hired to work hours I was given. Switched my hours that included working every weekend and early morning hours. Sales goals set for onboarding managers were inappropriately set as same sales goal was given to the experienced bankers. Adjustment never made for sales for those bankers who were out on STD. After I spoke of what is fair regarding STD, it took the Site Director a year to them make a compensation in sales for those on STD; however, for that year, I was unable to reach my goals and given no increase and yet, had this policy been considered that year, I feel I would have obtained my performance goals.
Excellent culture, excellent team
Structured Finance Analyst, Investor Reporting (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 22, 2015
Very good place to work. Stable job. Very good work life balance. Good brand name for the bank. Would recommend the company to anyone.
Productive and interesting, but hard to meet threshold
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee), Pueblo, ColoradoAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Make great connections, team oriented
Cons: Short lunches (if any), minor training
As an instore banker, I meet a ton of people a day and make really good connections. But they set the threshold for points to make bonus so high and points for product so low, it's hard to make extra money.
Didn't enjoy working in store branches
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee), Las vegasAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Near home
Cons: Less employees. 7 days a week operation
Branch management job good but not in stores locations.
Unless you had outstanding employees.
Long hours with less employees.
Clients great.
a typical day include diffucultiesband how you overcome them. show your enthusiasm and dedication.
Teller (Current Employee), Independence, MOAugust 21, 2015
Pros: is no hardest went you love your job
Cons: I love kids and people
most days I get in early so I can get work done and be ready for the project team meeting.on a typical day last week, we had a late change from a client to deal with,I got Sanna to do a quick technicial feasibility analysis whilst I went to see the account manager, she explained how important it was, so I review the plan and found a way to get the change in without harming the critical path.
Teller III (Former Employee), Woodinville, WAAugust 20, 2015
Being a teller was a fun and fast paced job. Selling products was pushed upon employees a bit much but overall, the workplace was great.
A strong company with a focus on independence and self direction
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee), Kent, WAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Work environment. No micro-management.
Cons: Pay. Lack of support from management. Not competitive in market
Responsible for the generation of mortgage loans from personal contacts, industry professionals such as realtors and builders, as well as the processing and submission of mortgage loan documents. The staff was very polite and fun to work with, to include the management. It was an extremely compettitive industry where I found the company to be uncompetitive at times, thus making the job more difficult.
Ever Changing and Challenging Job
Personal Banking Officer (Current Employee), Cloquet, MNAugust 19, 2015
My work days are ever changing. Between the economy and the changes law makers impose upon federally insured banks, I learn something new every day. Customers are fantastic and I love that I get to help people in all my interactions.
Sales and Customer Service
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 18, 2015
Pros: You can dress up, just not unprofessionally
Cons: Horrible management with no management skills, sales-driven performance evaluation, customer-service based
A typical day of work as a teller/banker would start off with management giving you a pow-wow about how much sales we need to ensure that our branch is not at the bottom of the district. The unfortunate part is that the majority of the management is not even good with sales, when they do obtain a "sales addict" to come and "train" you, you're whipped around like a dog until you finally realize the job isn't as great as it appears. Yes, you get an "office" job where you can dress up to the 10, not have to worry about breaking your back doing any heavy labor work. However, your job performance is solely based on how your customers perceive you. If you had a bad transaction, let's say a customer had his money taken out by X company that he did not authorize... and you're the one he's complaining to and you can't credit his account right away, then there goes any chances of you being able to get a good review. The other downside of this job, is having to deal with your district manager's constant demands to be the "top district." Again, from a district manager's standpoint, the higher you're on the totem pole, the less you care and consider about how the economy is affecting the lending department. Basically, that's unfortunate that you if you work in a bad part of town and the majority of your demographics can't even get qualified for a credit card, let alone a home loan... or talk about INVESTMENTS. HAHA, it's a joke. You're going to be so busy multi-tasking between playing receptionist, teller, psychiatrist and personal servant that you won't even remember what the interest rate is for an equity loan. Just save yourself a whole lot of trouble and find a different field to work in. One that can appreciate you -wanting- to help people out and not just be perceived as loan sharks wanting every dime and penny the customers earn.
Collector 3 lead
Collector (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2015
Could have not been more happier in a position in my whole life. Was given all tools needed to do my job efficiently, also continued education was a big help to make sure we stayed sharp.
Customer service very high priority, busyness & variety.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Appleton, WIAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Customer contact, variety, benefits, opportunity to buy a week of vacation.
Cons: Pay not adequate to job responsibilities. Too many compliance classes.
A typical day, I run reports for each Lender every morning. Answer customer calls and emails, do research or transfers or maintenance as requested by the customers. Process wires for the customers. Request loan documents (lots of data entry) and verify everything is correct when the documents come back to us. Pay invoices, order supplies, scan documents and financials into shared drive. Request required financials from customers via email or phone. Input maturing notes, annual reviews and ACH's into an excel spreadsheet. Do a quarterly review of several items to make sure we pass our internal audit. We have monthly meetings with our Lenders to see whats upcoming and give them any needed updates on policies and procedures. We also have about 7-9 online Compliance courses per quarter that need to be completed.
I like the variety of the job and the customers are great to work with.
I get along with all my co-workers, they are all very nice people.
Work Life balance
Private Banking Relationship Manager (Current Employee), coloradoAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Stressful and very numbers driven
It is nice to work at a place that allows you to have a home life as well. They are very numbers driven and want you to met them. It is hard if you don't. It can be very stressful.
Headquarters