U.S. Bank
1,233 reviews

U.S. Bank Employer Reviews

Great company to work for they care about there employees
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Camdenton, MOAugust 25, 2014
Pros: paid vacation, medical insurance, 401k
Cons: high turn over
I learned how to deal with difficult customers.my co-workers were wonderful and we helped each other to keep the branch run smoothly.
Amazing Teamwork
Java UI Developer (Former Employee), Richfield, MNAugust 25, 2014
This a typical place where teamwork is rewarding and fun. Dealing with Management is the hardest part of this place.
low pay...long hours
In-Store Banker (Current Employee), Alta Loma, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: hour lunches with open to close shifts
Cons: no life, low pay, management is horrible, high turn over
I've been with the company for about a year now. (In-store location), and I must say it's not what it seems. In a matter of 8 months, 4 people left the branch. 3 of which stating "they just couldn't do it"

They are very numbers driven...and everyone in the district can see your numbers. If you don't hit them....you're subject to being terminated. If – more... you LOVE people, talking to them via cold calling, business visits and aisle marketing...then this is the job for you. If you love feeling pressured everyday....this is the job for you. In other words, I would look elsewhere before settling for this job.

I work a lot...but the pay is minimal. I barely have days off because the turn over rate is extremely high.

CHOOSE WISELY. – less
Mortgage Processing
Mortgage Processing Associate (Former Employee), Joplin, MOAugust 24, 2014
Every day was productive and Interesting. Constantly learning and relearning were a must.
Perks are nice
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Edina, MNAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free accounts
It was nice having the best account for free. Other than that it seemed to be more of a number when working in a branch than a person that mattered.
US Bank is a good place to work.
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Surprise, AZAugust 21, 2014
Working in a small branch inside of a slow grocery store made it a little more complicated to achieve the sales goals given by leadership. In a busier branch, the goals would not have been difficult to achieve.
Okay
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 21, 2014
Long days on your feet, mostly boring work, limit room for advancement
Numbers driven
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Dolton, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: short days on saturday
Cons: management
Sit down with customers and analyze their accounts and to see if there is anything else that could expand their relationship with the bank. The most challenging part of the job is to make sales when there is no activity. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the company gets together for events.
Great professional environment with a lot of team spirit
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 15, 2014
A great company that showed really care for their clients and the community.
Upon request
Branch Manager/ Business Banking Officer (Current Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 14, 2014
Upon request
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Opportunity for advancements
National Sales (Former Employee), Remote Memphis TNAugust 14, 2014
Strives to bring in products that makes Elavon a top notch company that can deliver solutions to customers without having to use multi vendors
Great company to work for
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2014
Always someone there willing to help and see you get to where you want to get to.
Boring job, needed something different
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 12, 2014
Pros: fast moving, critical business
Cons: on call during all hours of the day
On call analyst tasked with 24 hour system support. If systems went down, I got the call. Work life balance was not good for this position as I was always just one call away. I supported databases that received wire transfer of large sums. If systems were down and transfers could not happen, it was money not coming in for the bank. It was enjoyable – more... to understand that i was a key cog in profitability, but not enjoyable knowing that if something went wrong, I needed to address the issue immediately. – less
Rough working in grocery stores
In-Store Team Lead/ Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2014
Pros: if you sales promotions are available
Cons: no work life balance constent pressure lack of money
Sometimes its fun not doing anything all day joking around with everyone, great opportunity to create business and making visits. but not enough money to spend majority of your week at work - even on a Sunday.
only a job, not a career
Internet Banking Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhAugust 11, 2014
sales job that requires a lot of patience. if you do not like sales this is not the job for you. if you do not like being micromanaged this is not the job for you. if you are looking for advancement, this is not the job for you
Most efficient bank, good for shareholders.
Portfolio Manager - Credit (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2014
Strong bank but limited individual growth potential and slow moving career.
great place to work amazing staff
teller (Former Employee), bellevueAugust 8, 2014
all of the staff was amazing while working for us bank it was bitter sweet leaving but becoming a new mother was the best time of my life
Learned a whole lot
Banker I (Current Employee), La Habra, CAAugust 6, 2014
-My branch was an extremely busy branch so that helped the shifts fly by.
-I learned everything from scratch, wish it could have been broken down a little more for someone like me who was new to banking compared to people with years of experience.
-Coworkers became best friends.
-Hardest part depended on your manager.
-Most enjoyable part of the job – more... was the customers and the developed relationships with them. – less
Poor Direction
Fraud/Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 6, 2014
When I first started working for this company I loved it. However, once new management took over they shifted the direction from top notch customer service to only focusing on the analytics and getting the customer off the phone quickly, by any means. I understand that numbers/stats are an important part of any and all corporations but it shouldn't – more... be at the cost of customer satisfaction. – less
Great Company To Work For
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 5, 2014
US Bank is a great company to work for. Only downside is, in the Kansas City Metro there are not a whole lot of back office positions.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Bank

U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth – Read more