U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Found 3,837 reviews matching the search
High schoolish
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 14, 2017
This company is similar to high school, constant drama. I worked there for years, it use to be a great place to work, but with The new CEO and uppermanagamnent it is terrible and continues to just get worse.
Good company. Hires quality, ethical employees.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2017
Overall a very good employer. Offer quality products. The opportunity for advancement along some business lines is limited. Leadership drives strong stock results.
Trust Officer Day
Relationship Manager / Trust Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2017
Very fast paced environment that required extreme attention to detail particularly when involving current trust investments. The position required a delicate balance between my existing portfolio and time dedicated to prospecting for new business. The day was actually time divided on average as 30% current account maintenance and 70% new client generation. This balance was crucial otherwise it would have been impossible to attain the individual high annual income goals. Overall the position was very rewarding.
Pros
Management, Socializing, Networking Events
Cons
Occasional Long Hours
Good company
Contact Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed working for the bank and it was a great working experiences. I learned a lot and I was able to contribute my skill sets.

I meet some wonderful associates and network people.
Customer focused organization
Wealth Management Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 11, 2017
I have been able to learn so much while working at USB. The culture is great. The leaders seem to really care about the company and the customers. I would recommend USB to anyone!
Pros
Cons
The job
overall a pretty good company to work for
SALES AND SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 10, 2017
I am not a sales person which is what makes the job hard for me. I love customer service though. I didn't have banking experience so it was a big adjustment.
Pros
pay, vacation
Cons
expectations
Okay company overall
Lockbox Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2017
Low paying job, no airflow because you are in the basement, very dusty and dirty because you are processing and handling mail all day, if you are a temp employee you will be limited as what you can do because you will not have access codes for the machines or computers.
Pros
Pension, sick time, work hours, friendly co-workers
Cons
low pay, vacation accrual wait time
Its a sales job
Teller Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2017
Its a JOB! Banking is not what it use to be. SALES SALES SALES. if you're into sales and goals then this would be the job/career for you. Those that are top performers definitely get recognized more and considered the "favorite"
Pros
some district parties
Cons
Incentive plan for tellers not good.
Typical Day
Loan Processor/Ins. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 10, 2017
The thing about US Bank jobs is that you always know exactly what you'll be doing for the day. I found this to be good and bad because the suspense was gone, but that suspense of something potentially different is nice too.
Pros
the ability to learn a job and become specialized in it
Cons
mundane, redundant work
Competitive yet Rewarding
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Herriman, UTAugust 10, 2017
US Bank is very competitive when it comes to sales. The more sales you got the better you looked and the more praise you got. When you did reach your point threshold it was very rewarding.
Great environment
Machine Operator I (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2017
Training needs to improve more so on the aspect of preventive. Would explain what we actually do alot better in detail overall besides that the communication needs to improve drastically.
Pros
Great atmosphere and good company
Cons
Training
OK Company
Personal Banker/HELOC specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2017
Was never a big fan of this company. I feel like they look at ways to eliminate employees instead of trying to help certain employees. Saw a lot of employees let go that could of easily just been trained better
Good professional environment
Banker I (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 9, 2017
Great job to develop professional skills and advance in your growth, as well within the company if desired. Personal growth sometimes has to be self-driven because career development plans arent always enforced or followed by upper management.
No fun, worry every day about losing your job, very poor pay
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville CAAugust 9, 2017
The work at US Bank as a manager does not allow you to take days off without having to jump through so many hoops. The employees get to take their vacations before the branch manager does per the communication from the district manager and the district manager and operations manager get to take their vacations anytime they would like, but the LOWLY branch manager gets the scraps, but in the same sentence we HAVE to take our vacation before the end of the year. So if you don't have children or a wife and can and or will take your vacation at the beck and call of everyone else's whim, then this is the perfect position for you. Also having to wear shirt, tie and slacks. Plus being forced to wear a jacket at company events, trainings, gatherings.
Pros
Nice customer base, getting 15 days pto every year if you are allowed to take it.
Cons
Everything else
fun place to wpork
Collector (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed my position at the call center or US Bank however I was scheduled every Sunday and I needed to be off on Sundays for church functions and this was not going to happen any time soon.I loved all my customers and several were repeat customers as well.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
sunday hours
Not a good place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work with this employer. Management was not knowledgeable
Environment was very poor
Lack of standard policy and procedures
Interesting
Collector (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97230August 8, 2017
Spent quite a few years there. Pretty efficient for how large of a company it is. Not sure what to say here really. I liked my co workers, would've liked to see more work from home opportunities and part time opportunities.
Pros
401k Match, great co workers, several other opportunities
Cons
Favoritism in promotions, health benefits subpar, not much telecommute options
great benefits
Risk Control Analyst Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 8, 2017
• Responsible for auditing the modification package for loss mitigation review process
• Identified gaps and inform solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal process, systems or human errors
• Identified, responds and or escalated risks as appropriate
• Served as a functional liaison between the Line of Business and the Lines of Defense
• Undertook audits to ensure compliance with control procedure parameter and submitted to internal QC/QA
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no training.
The Next Wells Fargo
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHAugust 8, 2017
The pressure for sales and the branch manager was the worst manager I have ever worked for. HR is not there for the employees, they are there for themselves or the company. I DREADED going into work everyday. The whole staff did. I would not recommend the stress.
Sales Driven
Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 8, 2017
I knew it was a sales job, but Ididnt like how they tried to make you push products on people that were not a good fit. Once you get higher up the enviornment is better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval