U.S. Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,695 reviews matching the search
Fast paced environment that's challenging, yet fun.
Vault Teller/Teller (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORApril 5, 2016
US Bank is a great place to work for. I really enjoy the people I work with, and the location is perfect. I have learned so much from my position as a vault teller.

1.Accountable for cash vault transactions including filling cash orders and/or accepting and verifying large volume cash deposits. Counts coins.Prepares currency or coin orders for customers and businesses.
2. I have learned how to handle large sums of cash, balance my cash to the penny, have the knowledge of a array of withdrawals, deposits and payments.
3. Management is supportive and goal orientated.
4. My co-workers are very supportive and we work well as a team.
5. Trying to keep my cash neat and being as organized as possible.
6. We have many regular customers and I know them by name. I feel I have a great connection with them and enjoy helping them with their bank transactions.
Pros
Close to home, fun coworkers, offers vacations, sick time available
Cons
Short breaks and the healthcare could be better
Decent company to start career, but not a great place to stay.
Sales & Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 4, 2016
After working for the company for 3 years, I've found that US Bank is a good company to work for and get your feet wet in many areas of the business world (i.e. sales, customer service, working with others, managing other's performance, etc.). However, there are so many goals to meet at all times that work/life balance is nearly impossible. Working 45-50 hours each week is a given if you're salaried, because the staffing models are so low.

Helping customers and doing the typical role of a banker is not half bad, especially given their incentive payout. However, goals are too lofty for the amount of people the branches are given.
Pros
Fair incentive, co workers, CEO cares about company's future.
Cons
Flat organization, not enough pay to compensate for required work, a lot of drama, turnover
Not as advertised
Commercial Lender (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
The job was not as advertised once I was hired on. The job description and territories were limiting at best. Make sure you know what you're getting into.
Having fun with Co-Workers
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed working with my Co-workers.
Long hours, Sales based job, Meeting goals.
Met a lot of good customers and gained good customer relationships.
Dealing with unhappy customers.
Pros
Becoming a Co-Manager
Cons
Sales
Head Teller
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEApril 3, 2016
balance vault daily, supervise 5 other tellers, complete surprise audits, handle all of the walk in clients, order weekly cash supply,
fun place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYApril 1, 2016
i fell in love with my customers. I had a lot of responsibility but my relationships with them made everything worth it. i would go back.
Low Pay and Limited Advancement
Small Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2016
If you are not i the inner circle you don't move forward. Management is incentivized to retain and restrict growth. Work life balance is minimal. Perpetually short staffed.
i think the copany is a good place to work
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMarch 30, 2016
From start to finish you are busy some days aren't as busy but it is always something to do. I got along well with others I really enjoyed my job at US bank.
Good Support and also nice place to work
Business / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  MNMarch 30, 2016
Company rewards production and recognized talent. The company has many facilities to offer if made best out of it. Nice Environment.
Pros
Good Support and also nice place to work. Competitive salary and good benefits.
Cons
Not that i can think of
Great company that takes care of their employees
Personal Banker III/Consumer Lender (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAMarch 29, 2016
I love my job and current employment with US Bank. The commission is great and the atmosphere is very family oriented in which management cares about you and your personal life too.
Pros
Amazing family like environment.
Cons
None that I can think of at the moment.
US Bank Experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2016
U.S. Bank is an enormous financial institution that offers the wide variety of products that is a hallmark of most big banks. Customers thrive on relationship banking, where all financial needs — from checking and savings products to investments, mortgages, credit cards and auto loans — are met by one provider.
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COMarch 29, 2016
I have worked for Usbank for 8 years. Usbank invest in their employees to advance within the company. A typical day at Usbank is a productive day, we have a ton of support to stay motivated during the day.
Ok place to work if you want a decent job.
Lockbox Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2016
I think that the work if fairly easy to catch on to. Within my time and service of 10yrs I know a lot of the job functions and how to reach the goals for each function. The hardest part about this job is knowing how to deal with the people. Management isn't the greatest.
Pros
Benefits are good health, dental, vision, dental, etc.
Cons
short breaks, limited advancement
Good Place to work
Personal Banking Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 26, 2016
I started my day by reviewing goals and setting a plan for the day. I would execute my plan by letting the teller staff know what to help me look for. Tellers would make referrals to me & I would pull clients from teller line as time allowed. This resulted in a 10% of goals met. Assisted walk in clients with service issues and new account request, I met about 40-50% of goals as a result of this activity. Other activity would be to call existing clientele for account review appointments and to review previously pulled credit reports to offer various loans. These activities resulted in 20% of goals met.
My co-workers were easy and fun to work with most of the time. We worked in a competitive environment so it got a little tricky at times and would make it the hardest part of the job.
I enjoyed helping my clients most of all, it gave me such a good feeling to see people meet financial dreams or to get them set in the right direction; I just felt like I accomplished something on those days.
Pros
Business partners in the same office
Cons
Disitant to travel for work & limited staff
Temporary
Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 26, 2016
I worked on a temporary assignment in their Anti Money Laundering department. The department was new and it was difficult to tell what direction they were moving in. Processes were inefficient and lacked organization. I'm sure with time the department will take shape and the situation will improve there.
Put a lot in, but in turn got very little back.
Universal Banker/Teller/Notary (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 25, 2016
I dedicated over 12 years to US Bank. I was promoted 4 times within. I became very knowledgeable, and relied upon to help in all areas of the branch. The customers came to know me well for my genuine approach to serving their needs. I was fired very suddenly for an accidental time sheet reporting error, very small and easily admissible. They continued to fire people for similar errors, only to get rid of the higher paid, more experienced employees with more years of service under their belts. However, I walked away with a lot of knowledge and customer service experience to utilize both in the professional and personal working world.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Micro management, not a family focused company, cold calling, pushes product on their customers, bankers not personable
Love my job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 25, 2016
I love my job, I'm just looking to see what else is out there that may be more family friend for a single mother who finds it difficult to work every other weekend. I love helping the customers. Most days it makes my day.
Cons
Weekend hours
Leasing specialist (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MNMarch 24, 2016
Overall US bank is a great place to work, my only complaint would be the non competitive wages, at least in my location, jobs in a bigger city, with a lower pay scale pay $3-4/hour more than my current position, while I understand the 'cost of living' I think the pay scale should be company wide rather than location based.
great working place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 24, 2016
great working environment, friendly co-worker, place to learn more and new with helping hands, learned to perform multitask activities,
Pros
free snacks
Cons
overtime work sometime
love this place
Special Loans Processor (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMarch 24, 2016
I loved working for us bank. I worked there for like four years and it was a great experience. I learned a lot about loan processing and home mortgages.