U.S. Bank
1,644 reviews

U.S. Bank United States Employee Reviews

US Bank
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Ames, IAApril 10, 2015
Monday through Friday with rotating Saturday hours.
Learn the in and out of the banking industry.
Fun and hardworking management and co-workers
Meeting new customers each day was most enjoyable part of the job.
Great Staff
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAApril 9, 2015
Cons: healthcare
I thoroughly enjoy the staff that I work with, working with people you enjoy makes that much of a difference on how happy you are with a job.
fun
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2015
lots to learn, they make challenges that are reachable and worth it. great customers and lots of different locations. they are fair with everyone and have decent bonuses
working after takeover of PFF Bank & Trust
LOAN CLOSING AUDITOR (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 9, 2015
Completed final audits on outstanding loan files; worked with Loan Servicing Department to assist in posting corrections and entering changes to employee loans which were modified. Assisted with selling of loan profile.

Wrote audit procedures for various departments and assisted where I was needed.

Enjoyed working with everyone at US Bank.
Productive and fun place to work
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2015
Pros: Nice employees, clean enviroment
Cons: Too much work in an 8 hour day
Typical 8 hour day at US Bank is working on reports, making and taking inbound calls to assist mortgagors with avoiding foreclosure. We offer loan modifications, payment arrangements and disposition options.
I enjoyed working with customers and co workers.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Longview, WAApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be arriving before your shift. Setting up your work station and helping out in other areas as needed.

Communicating with customers while accurately performing transitions for them. Answering phones and directing calls to the appropriate department and/or office. Balancing and closing your station at the end of your work shift.

Management was always there to answer questions and direct you as needed. I enjoyed working with my co workers and getting to know them.

The hardest part of my job there was when we had a lock down for an emergency situation.

The most enjoyable part of the job was, again, communicating with the customers and co-workers.
They take care of their Employees and treat their customers fairly.
Financial Institution Teller (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Organized, Improvement, Medical Benefits, Room for promotion, and a positive team who is close to one another.
-Typical day: Assist the customers the best you are able while introducing them to new products that can assist them. Following bank and federal laws, learning new guidelines, and meeting often with leadership to improve on your daily efforts, growth, and goals to further improve.

-Have learned: A great deal in understanding others, knowing how to progress in the simplest ways can have a great impact on daily improvement, and working closely with a team that can accomplish goals that have not been reached before. Also Laws with Regulations in bank and state, and how they operate in the financial world.

-Management: Has a strong focus to improve their employees and treating their customers with the best service they can provide.

-Co-Workers: All quite different and the Company taught us how to not only work together but form friendships that will last.

-The most difficult part of the Career: Learning the new procedures to keep up with Audit requirements, that can change from month to month, almost memorizing to the letter.

-Most enjoyable part of the Career: The people you meet and get to know create a friendship that brings an excitement to both you and the customer when they come to the bank.
Company that appreciates the employees
Retail Banker (Former Employee), Loveland, OHApril 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits, fun atmosphere, great training
U.S. Bank is known for its compassion for its employees. The work life balance is important to the company and the employees are truly appreciated and rewarded for their hard work and dedication. I would highly recommend this company to someone looking for a great place to work.
Great Place to Work
In-Store Banker II (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 7, 2015
I've thoroughly enjoyed the time I have spent at US Bank. The only complaint would be the hours and the fact that I don't have as much time at home as I would like.
A new experience every day.
Universal Banker (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 7, 2015
Everyday is different! It is so exciting to be able to recommend products & services to customers. Getting to meet new people & knowing something about them. Daily we have a huddle to share each others success's & best practice used. The hardest part is not being able to help someone.
A job that pays for performance
Small Business Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle AreaApril 6, 2015
Pros: Pension
Cons: Work life Balance
I love my job because they recognize top performers and I was moved into a position where I wanted to be. I regularly meet with clients and sell banking products and services.
fun
Bank teller/Financial advisor (Current Employee), Ashtabula, OHApril 6, 2015
fun place to work atleast at the location in which i worked at we always had a good time at the same time getting all of our required work done. everyone that worked there was always very friendly and easy to work with
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Littleton, COApril 4, 2015
Pros: Work Schedule
Cons: The pay needs to increase a little to match the amount of stress.
U.S. Bank is a strong company who is growing with every year. Great leadership and training opportunities along with good benefits.
Productive work place.
Banker (Former Employee), Reseda CaApril 4, 2015
Pros: Great Enviorment
Cons: Short staffed
A typical day would consist of handling any customer issues regarding their accounts as well as opening and closing checking accounts.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior UAT/QA Analyst (Current Employee), St Louis, MOApril 4, 2015
Working with Indeed has been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. The only concern is they are growing and a lot of managers are trying to transition it into a corporate environment, so hopefully that doesn't continue. Over all it's a great company!
A Large Financial Institution but a Small Town, Small Bank Feel and Environment
Sales & Service Manager (Former Employee), Minocqua, WIApril 3, 2015
Pros: Competitive Benefit Package, including puchase vacation option.
Cons: Incentive programs that didn't meet employee satisfaction.
The primary goal was to always exceed the customers' expectations in financial services delivery and customer service. We had a know your customer culture, so we always strived to personalize the customer experience. If we were able to create value for the customer, even during a brief interaction with that customer making a deposit or cashing a check, we were successful. With a high attrition and turnover rate at every level in the branch the past few years, it was rather challenging to achieve sustainable results in all categories, especially RQA Compliance.
Work
Universal Banker (Former Employee), IowaApril 3, 2015
Pros: Good hours, career promotion
Cons: lack of pay with in the industry
Good place to learn about the banking industries, provided personal loans, opening checking accounts, reconciling accounts and fixing customer problems.
Operations Specialist
District Supervision Principal (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Good staff.
Cons: Large area to cover.
Daily management of Financial Advisors in Northern California. Review of financial reports, field audits, training new employees. It was a large area to cover, but the people were great to work with.
Large corporation.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2015
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: 95% rate of having to be available. Makes it hard to use the bathroom if you need to.
Not too bad of a place to work at. I collect paperwork to guide people through loan modifications in order to bring their account current and avoid foreclosure.

My co-workers are fantastic but I think the higher ups in the company are on a different wavelength. They are out of touch with what the little guys actually do on the floor but that's okay. I understand that good numbers are what keep a company going.
Great company and high ethics
Officer/ Team Lead (Current Employee), Westminster, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: casual dress, 4 weeks vacation, love my customers
Cons: distance from home
The company is a great company and has the policies in place to not only assist the clients but the employees as well. I have a great staff and enjoy working with them. I have been able to train and promote 4 of my 5 staff members within the first 2 years I started managing the department. My immediate manager is located off site and has changed in the last 12-2 months. In her own office she has had a large turnover in her own staff and so now she is micro managing my department and office much more so then she ever has. in addition I live 46 miles away from the office and 1 1/2 hrs away.

About U.S. Bank

U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth – Read more

U.S. Bank Salaries