U.S. Bank

Teller (Former Employee), Cedar MillJuly 8, 2015
No teamwork
No accommodations for disabilities
No fairness

All employees would go to break leaving one teller to man the whole bank. Manager and teller would take hours off work to go to lunch and breaks together leaving the bank without a supervisor on several occasions.
No career aspiration
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Solid company
Cons: Work environment and hours
Professionally not the right fit. I worked in the Instore Division. We had long periods with no lunch or breaks, constantly covering short staffed branches, I worked at 12 of 15 branches . Not a position I wanted to remain in and no desire or the right options for growth.
Financial Services
Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee), Billings, MTJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Working with customers.
Cons: Being short staffed at times.
The best part of my job is making a customer feel like they received the best service that I could give to them. I want them to go away knowing that I will take care of any issues that they may have had and that I will make things right for them.
Being part of management is making it a fun but educational place for the staff. Keeping them informed and letting them know they are important to us.
Great place to get your feet wet
Teller (Former Employee), Garfield Heights, OHJuly 7, 2015
If your looking for a place to start a career in banking this would be the place. Loved my manager and co worker. Customer base was great too
Consistent work, no surprises.
Commercial Vault Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Relaxed atmosphere, easy work
Cons: No contact other than people you see on a daily basis, workload/hours vary depending on day/time of year, repetitive
Most of my days are spent processing deposits from businesses in a main vault area. Deposits range from a couple dollars to six figures. It's an easy, fairly repetitive job. To me the worst part is being underground with no windows and interacting with the same people every day. It's nice to get to know people, just sometimes would enjoy some variety. It is a relaxed atmosphere, and we've ordered/made food for various gatherings and parties.
Sales driven environment
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAJuly 7, 2015
Usual day would be opening up branch making sure all is in order. Providing excellent customer service and accurate transactions. Managing clientele, making calls, providing product benefits to customers.
Great job for balancing work/life
New Account Review (Current Employee), Fargo, NDJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Not much room for growth
Overall good environment and people to work with, but little advancement to look forward to. I would recommend working while in school as they're very flexible with hours and accommodating.
Overall good place to work
COMMERCIAL LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee), WisconsinJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Knew what you were doing on daily basis, organized
Cons: management
Very Organized, fast paced workload.
Trained on the job..
Management left little to be desired
Good people to work with.
Getting Service Level Agreements met
Working with coworkers
Difficult Job
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Lakeside, COJuly 6, 2015
Lots of work and rules. It was a good job, but not for me. I was a bank teller at Us bank. I am more of a creative mind and I like to think out side the box, well at us bank there is no room for that. I guess it might have been my management, but I was very unhappy there. Lots of regulation rules and time limits that have to be met. Selling mortgages, credit cards, banking and checking accounts. I learned how to count back cash, check rules etc. Very busy branch. Hardest part of my job was running the 7 lane drive thru...By my self on multiple occasions and half the time Id go home in tears or super stress out.
Learn the most in the first couple years
Banker I (Current Employee), Indio, CAJuly 5, 2015
I learned a lot of new things working for the bank. I think it is a good entry level position. You have to be really willing to put yourself out there.
Not the best place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 4, 2015
Pros: early schedule
Cons: sales, no raises or advancements
In the beginning working for US bank seemed like a really good job but working for this employer does not provide any good benefits, no advancement opportunities and the amount of work they want you to do is not reflected in your pay. If you are not into sales then don't apply here because sales are top priority.
Wonderful Job, Questionable Management
Mortgage (Former Employee), Salem, ORJuly 3, 2015
This is a company with a good vision and my job was a joy and a love for me. Unfortunately, and congruent with current statistics, people leave jobs were they feel unsupported by their manager.
The only thing they served was me, my own butt!
Teller I (Former Employee), washington, moJuly 3, 2015
Do not waste your time or dignity with this bank! Money hungry, lying, favorite playing, unfair company. They deserve lawsuits not ratings!
productive and fun work place inside a QFC grocery store.
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Seattle, WA.July 1, 2015
Work started at 9:30 to 7pm. The bank was open 7 days a week so scheduling was always changing. Availability was a must so scheduling around holidays and social events was very difficult. I did maintenance great friendships with my co-workers; with respect and understanding. I learned many basic Microsoft word and excel spreadsheets as weekly goals were to be written up by Monday. I enjoyed the many customers I got to see each day. I would make it my highest priority to provide them with great customer service.
IT IS A JOB
Corporate & Business Retail Payment Specialist (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 1, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS
Cons: NO ADVANCEMENT
STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT, MANAGEMENT HAVE TO LEARN THEIR JOB DUTIES FROM THEIR TENURES, JOB DUTIES IS EASY, LAID-OFFS. UNDER PAID.
Terrible leadership
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 30, 2015
Terrible company to work for. I will never work for them again. I was promised a certain career and ended up being a teller most of the time.
Productivity
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2015
Working for US Bank was great. There were many opportunities to expand within the bank and managment made sure to implement different team builders and activites to make it a comfortable and fun place to work at.
Great Company
Personal Banker (Current Employee), st georgeJune 30, 2015
Great company to work for.Good health benefits. Fun people to be around. Nice 40 hour job. Many opportunities around town
work life balance
IN STORE BANKER (Current Employee), nashville, tnJune 29, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay
an in store branch is made up of 4 bankers and a manager, i typically dealt with payroll, cash ordering, scheduling, and ATM functions. i enjoyed being active the most and being able to help customers receive an exceptional customer service experience.
Training Manger
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 29, 2015
Pros: I loved the customer
Cons: They didnt pay well
I would order product, perp food, clean, answer phone, daily sales, weekly sales, painting of stores. The store got sold. The company was good to work for as we became a fcoamily.
Headquarters