U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Great environment
Account Processor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 4, 2017
US Bank is an amazing company. Has great work life balance and diverse. Management is great and there are many opportunities to learn. However, the opportunity to grow in my region is limited.
Call Center No
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIDecember 3, 2017
The job is micro management. Too many managers and not enough help on the floor in the call center. They say they don’t force sells but the last 2 training classes are nothing but sells. I was fired because a lady cursed me out from the the time I got on the phone til the time I said mam I am not about to let you continue to talk to me like this. Have a good day.
Fun and fast paced
Cardmember Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 3, 2017
Great place to work with great people fun exciting environment with many advancement opportunities and plenty of different departments to advance to in different cities
Poor advancement, micro-management, unattainable sales goals
Senior Outbound Sales Banker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 3, 2017
There were little to no advancement opportunities, poor team morale. Micro-management. Short breaks. High sales goals and performance plans or warnings leading up to and including termination if not met within a short period of time with little access to coaching tools.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short breaks, no advancement, poor coaching
advancement opportunities
IN-STORE BANKER (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 2, 2017
advancement opportunities available at all levels.
You just have to take your work seriously. large and diverse. a job for keeps. can be stressful. if you don't like multi tasking, the bank is not your place.
Amazing
Purchase Fund Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nevada, MODecember 2, 2017
If I had the chance I would go back to being a purchase fund analyst. Absolutely loved the job and the people I worked with. You can go as high as you want in terms of promotions, you just have to have the motivation to go out and get it.
Pros
Cons
Minimal benefits
Stress full job
Modification Risk Control Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 2, 2017
Modification Risk Control Quality Analyst
• Responsible for auditing the modification package for loss mitigation review process processed by the loan officer
• Responsible for ensuring confidentiality of all aspects of the company’s operations, portfolio, customer information and computer technology, that included credit report and financial documentation review
• Identified gaps and inform solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal process, systems or human errors
• Identified, responds and or escalated risks as appropriate
• Served as a functional liaison between the Line of Business, internal and external clients
• Undertook audits to ensure compliance with control procedure parameter and submitted to internal QC/QA
Pros
free lunches at the end of the month
Cons
unstructed
ok job
Bilingual Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 2, 2017
Not very helpful in helping with schedules for parents. Not very understandable when it comes to emergencies or working with you to have a good schedule that will work with your kids school or school activities.
It's decent
Assistant Manager II (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 1, 2017
Us Bank, Helped me grow, it's a great company but work life balance is not there, which is important to me. I enjoy my time off with family and working for Us Bank I am not able to do that. It adds extra stress to my lifestyle I don't nee.
Pros
Great sales goals, Great customer service.
Cons
Work life Balance
Poor Place to Work
QA Analyst Manual Tester (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2017
The Management loved to leave people where they were. Never wanted to advance them cause it made managements life easier. Never will work here again..

Want to know more about U.S. Bank?

Ask a question
Banker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILNovember 29, 2017
Helped manage teller staff and helped with the daily cash balancing along with exceptional customer service and assist in coaching the staff in striving to achieve branch sales goals and activities. Stayed up to date with operational compliance of banking procedures and policies.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Advancement
Great Place
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYNovember 29, 2017
US Bank was a great place to work. Loved my co-workers and customers. Very good incentives and contests to make more money and win prizes. Management was great.
Love the job and company
Peak Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 29, 2017
Overall an amazing place to work. I’ve only been working there a short amount of time but I can ensure anyone considering them for a career should give it a shot! Definitely worth it and you won’t be disappointed
Great enviroment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 29, 2017
I absolutely love working for US Bank, it is such a welcoming and nurturing environment. I get to learn what I need to know to do my job successfully.
Pros
Great hours, Management Support, Good Benefits
Cons
Low Pay, Raises/Promotions Are Rare
Productive work atmosphere
Figures Processor (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYNovember 29, 2017
There is always a lot of work that can be completed daily at the bank. We stay busy but the atmosphere helps make it to where the work can be completed efficiently and accurately. The hardest part about the job is not having enough privacy due to how small the desk are and how close they are together. The best part about my job would be the benefits the bank provides.
Pros
long lunches, good pay, great benefits
Cons
bad medical insurance, no privacy
Job Security
Loan Documentation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2017
During this time I was laid off due to them closing their SBA loan division in San Diego. It was a great place to work at, however the stability and pay were low for the type of work we were doing.
Great company to work for, some managers are not though
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORNovember 28, 2017
My direct manager was awesome, professional, friendly, gave everyone on the team individual attention and care, and showed us where to go next. He was a definitely a leader. Unfortunately, once he moved to another position, I had some misguided managers who would tell me I wasn't doing good enough and to work harder one day, and the next tell me how awesome my performance is, without me doing anything different. And they felt they had to micromanage everything I was doing, and a after a few months of this and I got sick and couldn't go to work, I was fired. What a lousy excuse for management.
Pros
work culture, environment
Cons
poor management
Productive and Challenging
Teller (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 28, 2017
The day consist of being able to help our customers with transactions and with any questions or concerns they may have of any of the products that we offer.
Very Stressful
Investment Account Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 28, 2017
There's nothing that kills the feeling of accomplishment of powering through a stressful, deadline-packed day and wrapping it all up on time and balanced to the penny is finding out you aren't doing as good a job as they had hoped.

I'm not doing anything "wrong" per se...

Forget it. I take pride in my work and will work 12 hours a day for an employer who appreciates my hard work and will offer constructive, helpful feedback.
Processor
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 28, 2017
This company does not do layoffs like other mortgage companies. The employees are great to work with. As for the management, "no comment" is the nicest thing I can say.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.