U.S. Bank
1,647 reviews

U.S. Bank United States Employee Reviews

Operations Specialist
District Supervision Principal (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Good staff.
Cons: Large area to cover.
Daily management of Financial Advisors in Northern California. Review of financial reports, field audits, training new employees. It was a large area to cover, but the people were great to work with.
Large corporation.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2015
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: 95% rate of having to be available. Makes it hard to use the bathroom if you need to.
Not too bad of a place to work at. I collect paperwork to guide people through loan modifications in order to bring their account current and avoid foreclosure.

My co-workers are fantastic but I think the higher ups in the company are on a different wavelength. They are out of touch with what the little guys actually do on the floor but that's okay. I understand that good numbers are what keep a company going.
Great company and high ethics
Officer/ Team Lead (Current Employee), Westminster, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: casual dress, 4 weeks vacation, love my customers
Cons: distance from home
The company is a great company and has the policies in place to not only assist the clients but the employees as well. I have a great staff and enjoy working with them. I have been able to train and promote 4 of my 5 staff members within the first 2 years I started managing the department. My immediate manager is located off site and has changed in the last 12-2 months. In her own office she has had a large turnover in her own staff and so now she is micro managing my department and office much more so then she ever has. in addition I live 46 miles away from the office and 1 1/2 hrs away.
Great Company
Teller (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great pay, benefits, work-pace
Cons: customers, management
Great company, and I loved working there aside from a particularly rude and discriminatory manager. Don't let that cloud your perception of the company though, there is a bad apple in every workplace. Overall a great place to work. Only reason I no longer work there is because when my branch got a new GM all the staff got laid off due to improper training procedures. Far warning, customers are rude as rude can be and if you can't keep your cool, you won't last long!
Senior Credit Underwriter IV (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2015
Love US Bank tye treat their employees the right way and unlike othe banks they will not layoyou off, the best place I have every worked.
Universal Banker
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 31, 2015
Laid back working environment, friendly co-workers, co-workers and managers are real.
Good pay.
The computers were old at the branch I worked at.
Personal Banker
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Hayward CAMarch 30, 2015
Sold Bank of the West products such as business and consumer accounts and loans. Head campaign organizer for branch and lead to put sales and services for campaign. Coordinating efforts with other departments in terms of placing the right product on the sales floor and the amount of hours that should be distributed amongst employees. Training new employee’s step-by-step and resolved any problems they encountered. Provide outstanding customer service and resolved financial issues for customers. Collaborate with the District Manager and General Manager to establish monthly objectives and goals in terms of the number of sales complying with labor costs, closing percentage in each category, time utilization, prospecting effort, unit sales and projected income handled. Updated computer configuration and sales reports. Distributing tasks and making sure they are completed. Calling customers to achieve sales goals, cold calling a few hours a daily.
fun workplace
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Great time flex
Cons: Sales point system
I like the job because of the time flex. The management will work with you as much as they can. The sales point system was poorly made and unreachable.
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2015
This is an OK place to work, they need to update their technology to become more competitive. Good benefits, holidays off, vacation time and ESOP. Good place to learn the banking industry.
Typical Finanacial
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 28, 2015
This was typical bank to work in. You knew your customers. No issues at the time i worked there. I am sure things have chagned since I left.
Too serious work conditions and no accomodations for additional help
Teller (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Paid sick, holidays and vacations.
Cons: no breaks, unhumanized management
Typical day would be regular deposits and check cashing as well as taking payments for us bank products as well as utility bills. My original manager was demoted and the new manager was new to management. The hardest part of the job was getting additional training after I repeated the request on several different occasions. Apparently the co-workers were told not to help me. The most enjoyable part of my job was customer centric. I learned names, learned how individuals liked having their transactions handled. I had customers who would wait for me in line to wait on them.
Tough job but worth it
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Northeast, OhioMarch 27, 2015
Extremely stressful job. The sales goals are extreme and the amount that you have to learn about products and regulations in a short time is very difficult. Don't be surprised if you are in tears or want to bang your head on a wall from time to time.

But, if you can handle all that, the rewards are worth it.
Great compensation and benefits, ethical treatment, and a team atmosphere.

A job where you can grow and succeed.
Retail Lockbox (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Perks
Cons: Travel
The staff were friendly. The weekly staff meetings were thorough. The company seemed to be organized. The staff were like a family.
No comment
Teller (Current Employee), Columbia, MOMarch 26, 2015
I worked for US Bank for three and a half years, I am currently still employed there. It is a good company over all, just am not happy with some of the management choices and atmosphere
Worst bank to work for
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAMarch 25, 2015
Every day would consist of selling to customers what they might not need and if you didn't meet your goals then you would get yelled at by the district manager.
relaxing work environment
Banking Teller (Current Employee), Robbinsdale, MNMarch 25, 2015
It's a really nice company to work for. Ive been with the company for over three years and have rather enjoyed both of the positions I worked for.
us bank
Machine Operator 2 (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 24, 2015
Pros: my coworkers
Cons: odd hours
My shift starts at 10:30 pm to 7:00 am. the one thing that makes my workplace good is my coworkers. everyone works well as a team.
Wonderful Company to work for.....
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYMarch 24, 2015
U.S. Bank as a whole, is a wonderful company to work for. Unfortunately, like every company, they have some managers who don't give credit where credit is due for hard work and dedication.
Great
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 24, 2015
Great people and company culture to work for. a little conservative when it comes to lending but thats how this bank stayed afloat and didnt need the money for bail out.
a well rounded work atmosphere
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 23, 2015
working at US Bank was a informative and instructive experience. There was a well rounded working environment, with team focused management and over all goals.

About U.S. Bank

U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth – Read more

U.S. Bank Salaries