U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Found 3,125 reviews matching the search
US bank
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 6, 2016
Typical day at work is handling high volume calls ,payments , disputes ,and referring customer to the correct financial institutions and other inquires . I have learn how to be more patient and better with my communication skills , the hardest part about the job is not being able to meet the customer explanations . and the enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the customer . my co-worker was very teachable as we all taught eachother ,we work together as a team . as well as my management where great they help the employees
Pros
overtime offered
Cons
Lunch breaks
Great products, poor training
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, OROctober 15, 2016
Too much sales pressure. Expected to perform and do the job before training is even complete. Even you meet the points goal, as I did 12 out 13 months employed, if you don't provide enough loans then you get fired. Understanding that loans are how the bank makes money, but then why have a points goal if that's all they're concerned about?
Back stabbing employees and management. Only cared about themselves. Talked bad about customers and they all lied. So happy to be out of there.
Teller I (Former Employee) –  N Royalton, OHAugust 30, 2016
Learned that when a manager's job was on the line, nothing mattered. The employees lied. They treated each other horrible. They spent all day gossiping about the customers...
Everyone shoved me to another branch to train, yet no one had the time to teach me. They just wanted me to watch.
Horrible place to work. One of the worst experiences I have ever had.
Pros
Cons
No one cares about their job
Great Branch
Banker (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILDecember 19, 2016
Location was very busy. Seviced and assisted multiple customers a day. Had to hit monthly sales goals.

Once a week you have to stay for call night.

Management at my location cared about you being successful, but all managers are not caring.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Not a good work life balance. Stressful. Pay could be better.
Wonderful company but I'm in need of better work/life balance
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrison, OHDecember 14, 2016
I have been with this company for five years. In need of more consistent hours, better benefits and pay. They have a hard time keeping employees and setting clear consistent goals
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
Hours, work/life balance, quarterly goals
Good solid company
AGENCY CERTIFICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 15, 2016
I have nothing bad to say about US Bank they treated me well and compensated me fairly. Our team had events to blow off steam and become a more cohesive team which helped with company moral. My manager was concerned about our team personally and professionally.
Pros
Employee Perks
Cons
Hard to move up within company
Not a goood place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 15, 2017
Like being in high school horrible atmosphere employees are just a number no work life balance never do enough even when you are number one in region for 3 quarters in a row overall just to much about being out for yourself
Pros
Pay and advancement
Cons
Healthcare atmosphere work life balance
Good Company
Instore Banker I and II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 1, 2016
Overall good company to work for, what has made it bad is a high turnover that puts more stress on you, your schedule, and sales goals. Sales are pretty realistic but the system they use for payout has devalued each year I've worked here. Direct management has been hit or miss and health insurance sucks.
Pros
Good hours/schedule, realistic sales goals
Cons
Healthcare, high turnover, devalued payout for sales
Great Place to Work
On-Site Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 6, 2016
Outstanding Managers and Leaders, Great hours on on-site division. Many learning and development resources you have access to. Co-workers are great as well. Very Team oriented environment. Systems can be updated to be more efficient and customer service friendly. Can sincerely help your clients save money, make money or save time.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Older systems
Long hours with limited chance of advancement
Client Services / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 23, 2016
Working as a project manager at US Bank was a full time job. There were requirements such as answering client calls and emails. I learned how to manage multiple projects to completion.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with client needs. With multiple projects and multiple internal teams involved, it took quite a bit of work to keep everything together.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
limited breaks, no work life balance
Great time and culture, a log of thing to learn
Teller Coordinator, Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 20, 2016
But my opinion a lot of thing that need to change.A lot of stuff that you can learn and enjoying to work with customers. Coworkers really time, training program I thing short but there are a lot that you can take from computer and from old coworjers
Familiar & Pleasant
Teller (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 9, 2017
My everyday life at the bank was great, I got very friendly with customer and had built a good bond with them! Helping our customer's with everyday bank transactions to help make their life's easier.
I learned a lot about myself personally, I grew into a people person much more than what I already was.
Culture change
Sales & Revenue (Former Employee) –  Lake St LouisOctober 31, 2016
The culture change made the branch managers work outside of the bank more than they were inside the branch. This made managing the bank very difficult.
The ability to discipline employees was taken out of the managers hands.
Pros
Solid company that is easy to sell
Cons
No work life balance. No control of the branch
Amazing Company
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNOctober 27, 2016
I worked as a leasing specialist after graduating college and loved the atmosphere and the people that worked there. The management was very engaged in training their employees to become better and enhance their abilities to be promoted within the company.
Pros
Cons
Occasional 10 hour days
Great place to gain experience
Banker (Former Employee) –  Riverside county, CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2016
Typical day is SELL, SELL, SELL. If you aren't looking for a sales position; do not apply. The company is completely sales driven and your primary reason to exist is to make sales and hit goals. This job is highly regulated and compliance with federal law and regulations is required. The company is very ethical and I do not dislike US Bank. However, it is not for me. Hardest part, selling. Because it doesn't matter if you hit your goals. Guess what? It is never enough. Most enjoyable is the people. The company hires some pretty out going people. The company also feels small even though its a corporation. There is also a never ending revolving door of new hires because honestly, it gets old and no one ever stays. The hours are not so great either at an instore.
Pros
company culture and people
Cons
Sales, Sales, Sales. Bad pay and long hours
OK Job with OK Benefits
In-Store Banker (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 21, 2016
Pretty good and stable job with decent benefits. Managers are pretty stingy about giving raises/incentives. Does not pay "livable" wage until you've been with the company for 2+ years. Friendly staff and Management is easy to get along with. Flexible scheduling and paid holiday.
A very large Network Operations Center - lots of interesting issues.
Network Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORDecember 8, 2016
Worked mostly with the Network team to keep US Bank's branches up and running with occasional cross training with the File Server and Mainframe groups.
Pros
Lunch room was very large upper floor in the Companies building.
Productive, Opportunity for Growth, Great Benefits, Friendly Work Atmosphere
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOAugust 16, 2016
Being able to work independently and still be apart of a team was a awesome experience. The benefits was great. The hardest part of the job was trying to help clients when all options were given and nothing was beneficial for the client and as the representative you did all that was within your limits.
Pros
Hour lunch and 2/15 min. Breaks, great healthcare benefits
Cons
Not much overtime offered, office was always cold in the summertime had to wrap up in your Us Bank blanket while working
Solid environment, with good work ethic.
Client Services Representative/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 4, 2016
Good Management, with easy going co-workers. Work/Home life is very smooth. Hardest part of job is not always having manager on site, however up to date technology makes training/communicating very simple.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Potential but lacks support
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 6, 2016
What I found is that all administrative tasks must be accomplished by Advisor leaving less time to help clients create financial plans and explore specific solutions.
Pros
Trading platform good and mostly electronic forms and processing
Cons
Too much admin and not enough referrals from bank partners

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.