U.S. Bank
1,257 reviews

U.S. Bank Employer Reviews

Challenging job but a very good learning experience
Personal Banker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 28, 2014
Pros: customer relationships, respect from co-workers, experience
Cons: short breaks, long hours, no overtime allowed, incentive program
This job compared to most bank jobs was very challenging. The reason being is because my particular branch was a in-store branch that was inside of a Schnucks grocery store and was one of the busiest branches in Saint Louis. We all had to be trained by the company to be Bankers. Since we were in-store bankers we had to be Tellers at the same time. Compared – more... to traditional branches, we handled cash and had to conduct business at a much faster pace. We were open from 7 days a week and were only closed 4 days throughout the year. We typically worked 10 hour shifts since we were open mon-fri from 10am-7pm. I learned so much about small business, credit products, managing finances, how to detect fraudulent activity, etc. The hardest part of my job was finding customers who were credit worthy considering the fact that we weren't in one of the best parts of Saint Louis. One thing I loved about this job was dealing with the customers day to day. Most of our customers were regulars so we all had personal relationships with them (First name basis). Dealing with customer issues wasn't always the easiest but it taught me how to handle problems under pressure and educate people about their finances. – less
I worked for US bank for nearly 15 years, 5th largest bank in the country, great products and services
Assistant Vice President/Branch Manager III (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 28, 2014
Pros: 5th largest bank in country, allows for wide array of products and services, leadership oriented
Cons: new hire process and recruitment is extremely poor. branch facilities are poor
A typical day at work involves operations, sales and service. I have learned a tremendous amount about small business, client management and relationship sales. I enjoying converting prospects into customers, the most.
Good banking job
In-Store Banker/Vault teller (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 28, 2014
Great fast paced banking job. Lots of chances for advancement. Great banking job. Banking wasn't my thing but great for other people.
It's ok
Little Falls Eastgate Location/In-Store Banker (Current Employee), Little Falls, MNJuly 25, 2014
You work hard you get rewarded, I don't forsee myself working here for much longer as I do not like to do sales.
Keep looking!
Banker (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2014
I was at a instore branch; expect extremely low pay, terrible hours, low quality customer and no engageemnt with upper management.

Overall poor business philosophy - quantity over quality with this bank. High turnover and not much support to advance in your career. I now work for another bank in the same position and make about $20,000 a year including – more... base+comission.

Good place to get experience if you have no banking experience though! – less
awesome company
Collector (Former Employee), kansas cityJuly 24, 2014
suretel is an awesome place to work at loved the job.would go bck
Great opportunity with a great company.
Invoice Analyst (Current Employee), richfield, MNJuly 24, 2014
Cons: older workforce to compete against. hard without much experience.
It’s a pretty relaxed and clean work environment. I work at the Richfield corporate location so it is a pretty convenient location with anything you could want for lunch or to run errands on your break. They do a good job of promoting and hiring from within, but it still can be hard in this economic environment. Hours are flexible and managers are easy – more... to work with. – less
Wonderful staff and driven individuals
Vice President (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2014
Working for this company has taught me a lot; I did enjoy working with my peers and most importantly my direct reports
Productive and very good enviroment
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Midvale, UTJuly 23, 2014
Audited files for QC. If there was missing data, documents or error. Worked as a team player to help resolve issue in company standard timeframe. My manager was very supportive and let me implement ideas to help achieve better time frame. All my co-workers were open to my implemented ideas and worked together.
Mid West Company
VP, AVP AND SITE MANAGER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2014
During my tenure, more of the functions moved to the mid-west locations.
Productive and busy but a nice place to work. Social gatherings.
Trade Service Rep (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 22, 2014
* Promptly and accurately process executed securities trades for externally managed accounts
* Ensure that required trade documentation and authorization is obtained
* Promptly and accurately input trade orders for execution
* Distribute email/faxes sent to Trade Services shared mailbox in a timely manner
* Responds to inquiries regarding security issues, – more... procedures, and policies for external/internal customers
* Data analysis, research and resolution for trade related issues
* Monitor, research, and resolve all failing trades
* Record daily/monthly volume
* Take orders on trade line for non-executed trades
* Document procedures as well as updating procedures
* Filing and retention of daily work
* Create, review, and confirm exception reports
* Maintain contact database to ensure accurate client information
* Maintains and assists in the development of automated trade processing systems, controls, and procedures
* Adheres to strict business line Service Level Agreements and industry standards – less
Temp role
Portfolio Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
Temporary Teller.

assist customers with financial transactions, develop client banking relationships, sell banking products and services, balance the ATM.
horrible management
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee), Saint George, UTJuly 21, 2014
Pros: close to groceries
Cons: horrible management team
management is horrible, they are rude and talk very badly about customers and co-workers. very disappointing.
Amazing Place to Work!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, opportunities, people, atmosphere
Cons: advancement
U.S Bank provides a fun and friendly atmosphere, with wonderful people, and a fairly nice campus. They educate you from ground up in all you need to know, and provide all the help and mentor-ship you need to succeed. With great pay and benefits, this breeds an atmosphere that anyone can thrive in.

That being said: My only problem with U.S. Bank is – more... the linear advancement opportunities. It is tough to move around interoffice, and when you do finally get the opportunity to learn a new specialization, you tend to limit your future opportunities to that field of specialization.

My advice: Once you have learned the basics of life at U.S. Bank, think carefully about which field of work you would prefer to work in, as you may spend the majority of your career in that field.

(For example: The fields of work I am referring to are: Corporate, Government, Business, Credit, Fraud, Customer Relations, HR, Mail, Office of the President, Quality, Payment Research, Case Processing, Service Resolution.

It's exceedingly tough to move between departments, and some departments have little to no advancement beyond the basic entry level positions. If you do move into a career with U.S. Bank, make sure to work closely with your manager when determining advancement opportunities) – less
Growth
Tax Liens Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2014
U.S. Bank provideds is a good place to grow with opportunities given to advance in your position.
Very Customer Oriented Work place
Service Specialist/Vault Teller (Current Employee), Anderson, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: close knit commmunity creates closer bonds to regular customers
Cons: work loads need to be shared equally and professionalism should be key amoungst supervisors.
Overall, I am very Satisfied with US Bank as an employer, I have a wonderful Management team and we try to make our work time enjoyable.
Was a great company to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee), W Burlington, IAJuly 19, 2014
This was a great company to work for, until it closed. The hours were long, but the pay made up for it.
A great company that participates in many volunteer opportunities
Universal Banker (Current Employee), Stanton, CAJuly 18, 2014
Morning day huddle with my work family, promote and designate a sales plan for the day. Review pending loans and outstanding exceptions. Designate daily duties to staff. Open and establish new accounts, submit new loans, and outside calling to promote new credit products.

I have been part of the management team for over 5 years and I've had a lot of – more... great mentors throughout the years. To be a successful member of management you must be dedicated, involved and always lead by example.

My co-workers are like my second family after all work is your second home you must learn to have a professional relationship with your co-workers and set boundaries. – less
Working as a Reconcilor at US Bank
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), US BankJuly 18, 2014
I start off my day by reconciling the DDA/GL accounts, I flow into my emails that have to have a resond to them for open items,then I start to reconcil the Foreign Currency accounts, I finish my day by checking off items on a action required report. During the day I will answer emails, phone calls and do daily and weekly reports and send them to different – more... departments. – less
Solid organization
VICE PRESIDENT- DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 17, 2014
Solid organization with strong senior management whom hold a superior vision of where the company is headed.

About U.S. Bank

U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth – Read more