U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,919 reviews matching the search
Work Day
Outbound Sales Banker (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 5, 2016
I really enjoy my job at US Bank because I am challenged each and everyday. I work in a very competitive sales environment which keeps me sharp and focused. Monday through Friday my job is to contact US Bank customers to find ways that I can better assist them by offering lower interest rates on their home mortgages, auto loans, and credit cards. Each call flow is different because each customer is in a different financial situation.
Not the best job
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXApril 7, 2016
came in sat down clocked in answered phone calls about peoples accounts. The co-workers were amazing people to be around, Management has favoritism they per say need too make the environment less hostile and more relaxed and upbeat. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were rude. Lunch and clocking out to go home was the most enjoyable part of the day
Pros
lunch
Cons
short 10 min breaks
Competitive, diverse, Opportunity
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 14, 2016
USB is an amazing place to work at. This company focuses on developing those employees that show initiative. It comes with a lot of opportunities and room for growth.
Pros
Flexible schedules, health benefits, career development
Cons
High turn over
Good job very stressful
Default Counseling Representative (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 20, 2016
Loved the place and co workers the job was very stressful all the time. Down side to the place is that a lot of upper management didn't know what they were doing. And were not looking out for the workers under them as a team only themselves.
Pros
they do alot for the community which is awesome
Do not work here! Horrible experience. Stay away!
Banker (Former Employee) –  West CoastApril 19, 2016
I would not recommend working here and had a horrible experience. Stay away! The health insurance deductible was expensive and most people on banking salaries could barely afford it.

Managers micro-manage and seemed fake. Managers give you different goals every month/was told different things. District Manager comes in as a surprise and was fake; did not care about employees' concerns.

High turnover for tellers and bankers and a lot of good employees left.

A lot of sales pressure and very highly stressful work environment. Made Tellers and Bankers make cold calls.

It was the worse place that I've ever worked in.
Pros
Didn't work on weekends
Cons
Managers, don't value employees, expensive insurance deductible, didn't care about employees' and sometimes customers' concerns, daily cold calling, high turnover
Job Details Masked in Interview
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOApril 6, 2016
I was told advancement was quick, and I had told my interviewer my intentions upfront: to become a personal banker. He told me that it would be no problem to advance to a personal banker very quickly. After being hired, I was told that a typical promotion doesn't occur until at least 1 year in the role, and the advancement chain from my position to personal banker was 6 different job steps.
Raciest place to work
Default Management Liquidation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2016
Management refuses to promote minorities, there are plenty of qualified minorities but the under qualified employees get promoted thanks to the (good ole boys).
Pros
annually all employee event
Cons
pay, salary, raciest company
the job is okay but other things count as well
Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJuly 18, 2016
Things can always get better if the people who messed it up in the first place put their very best effort in solving them. If not, you start to lose employees :) #Poor management
Pros
decent hour long lunch
Cons
no work life balance/ poor management
Busy but Sales Oriented
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Branch, MNApril 10, 2016
Was told by my manager they focus on customers and are not pushy with sales. Didn't even finish training and was being pushed to force products on the customers. I like the fast paced environment and opportunity to continue learning and growing. I also love working with others and customers, but don't want to push my customers into sales.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Expensive Benefits
Great learning opportunities
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 9, 2016
Working in an in-store environment gives employees the opportunity to learn many aspects of the banking industry. There is always room for growth and development.
Pros
Value employee feedback, community involvement
Cons
Lower payscale in comparison to other financial institutions, high turnover
lots of filing documents, some data entry required.
Final Mortgage Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIJuly 29, 2016
Dress code is casual attire. Work hours are Monday through Friday. Overtime is occasionally offered. At this time I've only been employed with US Bank for six weeks.
Pros
dress code
Cons
no flexibility
Great to get your foot into banking
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2016
Great place to start out at compared to most larger bankers but that about it. Pay is the worse. Management sucks especially in the Sacramento districts. Get your one or two years experience and go to a credit union if you want to be in the financial
Pros
opportunity to possibly make a monthly incentive
Cons
management, pay, benefits
Great organization and great corporate culture
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 12, 2016
US bank is a great place to work and great corporate culture. I work as team to achieve the common goal of the organization.
Pros
great organization with work life balance
Cons
less compensation compare to the industry standard
high stress badly managed unethical workplace
Recovery Collector (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 7, 2016
Micromanagement at its finest. Monthly bonuses were lucrative but they did everything they could to take it from you and every year the bonus amount is cut significantly.
Pros
Good money
Cons
They try to take it from you
Good company to work
In-Store Banker (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOJune 9, 2016
US bank was a good company to work for but could get stressful with the constant push for higher and higher numbers. Management feels like they don't have to lift a finger to do anything to achieve those things.
Pros
good pay, good incentive program
Cons
bad insurance, poor management
Fun and Competitive Sales environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60646May 18, 2016
You truly become a team with your coworkers. The hardest part of your job is keeping up sales goals, if you have a particularly slow branch. Best part of the job is the opportunity for PTO.
Pros
Incentives for sales campaigns
Cons
upper management doesn't understand the sales employees
Customer service
Accounting specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 25, 2016
I have been worked for US bank 7 years at customer service department. I like their environment and potential management. And customer service department was wonderful in helping everyone in any case and quick resolve. Customers are always their number one.
Pros
Great team
Cons
benefit
Fast paced and ever changing
Mortgage Loan Opener (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 22, 2016
The mortgage world is always changing, so it keeps itself from being boring. I love the upgrades and the new technologies that come our way as they allow me a chance to get more into the technical aspect of our field.
This would probably be considered a higher stress job, but the challenge that that brings makes you throw yourself into work.
I also love that this workplace has always placed high value on your home and family life. This is the type of job that you do not have to take home with you, and they are very flexible when it comes to scheduling around the needs of the home.
Professional
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 31, 2016
Responsible for various daily and weekly tasks processing for AP and AR as well as assisting the AP administrator and Credit Manager, as necessary and will report to the US Regional Accounting Manager.
Pros
Personalble Staff
Cons
Must work weekends
US Bank has been a great place to call home for the past 7+ years. The people are great and the company really looks out for their employees.
Credit Analyst 4 (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2016
Everyday is different. I always have a game plan going into the office; however, that can change quickly given the fact that we work in a custom credit center. Workloads can change suddenly on customer requests and we need to be able to take on those requests in a timely manner. Credit requests can take 1 hour up to 1 week depending on complexity and the condition of the financial package received at origination. We work as a team to divide the work based on skill sets and years of service. I have currently worked on every possible request to come into the credit center and strive to find ways to become more efficient as we move forward. I feel that management has respected me at work and actively participate with management when called upon. Overall, my experience at US Bank has been wonderful.
Pros
Work/Life balance.
Cons
Limited advancement beyond where I am currently.