U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Found 3,751 reviews matching the search
CDO Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 4, 2017
Good benefits, good work life balance, nice people. Technology is a little bit behind. Fun parties and good management. Training is pretty good but could be better.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance
Cons
technology
Teller at union bank Manhattan Beach N Sepúlveda
Teller (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 4, 2017
Hostile environment!!! The supervisor frank is so rude and rolls his eyes nonstop! worst job experience. Apply to another branch they have a ton around the area
Pros
Non
Cons
Frank!
very productive
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJuly 4, 2017
Very flexible job, I enjoyed the job, the staff, and the work environment. Compensation was very well and as a productive individual, the tasks that were assigned made me sure I was focused.
New Ideas/Ways of Doing Things NOT WELCOME
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 3, 2017
Tends to be a very top down organization where management imposes goals/directives on employees instead of building a collaborative approach. Technology is waaay behind the competition and there doesn't seem to be an emphasis on investing in it. Work/Life balance is tenuous as a salaried employee in a call center. You are encouraged to follow the way things have always been done. Human Resources does not seem invested in developing from within. I've known countless employees who have looked for different positions. Time after time, there is no follow up, even to qualified candidates.
Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Risk & Compliance Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 3, 2017
US Bank is a good company to work for overall. The working environment is fast paced and the work can be demanding at times. However, the company culture is inclusive.
Good place to start a career in finance
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2017
Great place to start a career in banking or finance. Lots of cross training for multiple job functions and skills. However you have to take your career advancement into your own hands. Not the place to be if you expect to be promoted by managers rather than applying for promotions yourself.
Pros
Hours, People, Ethics
Cons
Pay is easily one of the lowest across banks
Hectic place to work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99208July 1, 2017
I have been here 8 months, still do not have a set schedule, split days off and my hours are never the same. While I have been here my manager has taken three different leaves for various reasons leaving us very short staffed and other people filling in.
Wide base of knowledge
Credit and Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 30, 2017
I enjoy working at U.S. Bank. I have learned a great deal of information in the short time that I have been there. Everyday my skills and knowledge is expanded.
good job
Lead-Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 29, 2017
It was great working with the public and helping customers with their needs. I loved that you have plenty of opportunities for advancement. good times
Hostile,bigotted management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Newport TnJune 29, 2017
Banking has been more of a sales culture for many years, but this bank is so far off track, it's incredulous. Managers are always on phone conferences and meetings, making customer service poor at best. Customers are trained to wait for the privilege of being served, and operating policy and procedures are not optimized for efficiency. Very frustrating environment. Customers walking out the door due to long wait times.
Employees scolded for participating in US Bank Pride program( an email came from u.s. Bank corporate office stating that on Fridays for the month of June employees could wear jeans and a u.s. bank Pride t-shirt)
Our bigoted branch manager took it upon herself to decide that her branch wouldn't be participating in that.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Heavy work load, no advancement opportunities, chronically short staffed
Unfair Branch
Balancing / Images /Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 29, 2017
US Bank Office in La Mirada were unfair and favored employees. My boss was a very sweet guy but when they started hiring new Co-Managers, they had already known employees there and favored them and they were racist.
Mid level org
VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 29, 2017
OK Place, lot of politics, no advance, poor management in ops, poor sr. management , lack of focus on employees, just focus on the top tier, compensation not attractive
"ok" place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Minocqua, WIJune 29, 2017
Typical retail banking environment. Great visions and values. Pay was a little lower than most but decent for the demographic. Staffing was minimal and could not get approval for more FTE w/o a long drawn out approval process when current employees were clearly over worked.
Pros
lots of OT
Cons
staffing issues
typical day
Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2017
Really busy day usually since you log in till you log out from the computer. Need to be fast able to multitask through systems. Able to have good listening skill
Good Work /Life Balance
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2017
The culture there is very oriented around their employees. The management is always helpful and willing to help any employee that shows drive to grow and succeed within their career.
Great place
Senior Portfolio Associate Analyst (CDO) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
Great Place to work, I really look forward to getting there each day. The work is fun and it's really awesome. I am very fortunate to be working there.
it was a good work place half of the of the
Teller, (intern) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 28, 2017
I learned to multitask with the customers. A typical is just helping people get money or put money in a checking or saving. Management was sometime unbearable to work with sometimes and other times that was great to work with. The hardest part was working with customers that just like to yell at you the whole time you are helping them. The most enjoyable part was when the restaurants around us would bring us free food.
Pros
long time friendships
Cons
management needs more work on, too much stress
temp service
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 28, 2017
I was hired thru a temp agency and I did office data entry. I enjoyed it as it was at your own pace. The supervisor were very nice and co workers were very helpful.
Isnt run efficiently
FHA/ VA MODIFICATION UNDERWRITER (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 28, 2017
They say they're in the process of changing the way that is run but a lot of the time it's run like for it to be a big bank it's run like a mom and pop shop everyone makes decisions and nobody understands what they're doing
Pros
You can buy an extra week of vacation
Cons
The benefits are horrible and the compensation is not up to the market
Challenging
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 28, 2017
Working for Us Bank as a pleasure, our manager and co-workers were always eager to work as a team. I loved helping people with their financial needs. Customer service is defiantly my thing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.