U.S. Bank
1,759 reviews

U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Face paced ever changing environment
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Victorville, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Dedicated Staff
Cons: Short handed, part time staff
Very exciting and a great learning experience. It was a great staff. Very sales and customer service driven, always on target to meet or exceed goals.
Poor management and poor training
Bank Teller/ Banker (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMay 17, 2015
At us bank in my experience their is poor management and poor training. The managers should not have been managers here.
Good place with good environment
Vault Teller (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 17, 2015
It is a good working environment and I have grown there and gained a lot of experience and knowledge. I have been promoted a few times within the year that I have been working there.
So So
Management (Current Employee), KYMay 17, 2015
Cons: micro managing
Things are definitely changing, and not necessarily in a good way. The local "leaders" have a lot of negativity and seem to love to stir the pot.
busy work with no work life balance
Personal Banker (Current Employee), washingtonMay 16, 2015
A lot of sales pressure with little coaching from managers.
Learned how to interact with customer and solve problems.
The hardest and the easiest is the customer.
Growing company, lot of room to advance
Inbound Fraud Analyst (Former Employee), Fargo, NDMay 16, 2015
Hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers over the phone.
Co-workers were always very easy to get along with and very willing to help each other out when needed.
Customer Service at a banking call center
Detail Oriented Customer Service (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 16, 2015
I did not really this position. It turned into a sales position and I did not find it easy. The hardest part of the job was the sales aspect.
Good experience but they treat you horriably!
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Salem, OregonMay 16, 2015
Pros: Pay/incentives
Cons: minimual breaks, always short staffed, no work life balance
Company has a huge problem with turnover. Branches are not staffed well and management is expected to function as if it is. There is no work life balance and they do not care about you as a person. There is room for advancement within the company but the higher position you are the worse they treat you. A lot of branches are only out their for themselves and there is no team atmosphere. Good place to get some experience but majority of the staff is 6 months or less due to their high turn over rate. I saw that it is just within some districts not company wide.
No support system whatsoever
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, OHMay 14, 2015
Pros: Company benefits
Cons: everything else
I worked as the TC and worked open til close often fifty hours a week. Management puts everything on you and gives you no support at all. The overall company is good, but the pay is not enough for all you have to do in this role. It's a high stress, high pressure job and I do not recommend it.
I very much enjoyed my job!
Teller II / Universal Banker (Former Employee), Astoria, ORMay 14, 2015
Pros: I was able to visit my Grandmother for lunch everyday!
Cons: Short, late, or no breaks. Management was not on the same page.
I loved the customers and the fast-paced environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to be myself. The hours were perfect.
Highly Ambitious Sales Environment
Financial Specialist Banker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
• Solicited long-term investment products including, annuities and life insurance.
• Closed high-dollar home equity products such as credit lines and installment loans.
• Performed simple to intricate account maintenance for a variety of clients.
• Repeatedly exceeded monthly and quarterly goals.
• Met with business clients to determine and implement financial vehicles to further business growth.
Teller (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 12, 2015
The push to sell useless products was exhausting and never ending. Most employees only cared about sales, even though they would say customer service is a priority.
us BANK IS A GOOD COMPANY
Universal/In-store Banker (Current Employee), Leawood, KSMay 12, 2015
Pros: pay, work enviorment
Cons: not room for growth
They are a wonderful company to work for, just not very much room for growth. They seem to not want to promote very often and keep you in one position. they hire outside more than inside
Terrific Job Security
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER - MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR (Current Employee), Saint LouisMay 12, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Low compensation and mediocre management
The positions I have held with US Bank all made me realize how "safe" I was, as compared to other banks. The best quality about US Bank can often times be the worst as well, conservative. Everything is done in a better safe than sorry manner, but there are times where it affects the low-end employees around the company. The pay is relatively low, and compensation in all fairness has not been high enough for what's expected of employees. Management from my experience has a one-track mind, only focused on either themselves or the way the department is being viewed by whoever is above them. Motivation for my peers and I is reasonably low for the most part. Speaking of my co-workers, there are great people at this company. I cannot say enough about the atmosphere amongst employees as it makes the job much more tolerable on rainy days.
Fun place to work
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
Cons: micromanaged in some parts
I love working for US Bank, they are involved heavily in the community and always think about the customer. I learned so much working here, with training and mentor programs, and being involved in any training opportunities we may have such as the Harvard learning center.
Typical work day
Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAMay 12, 2015
In my current position, there is no such thing as a typical work day. I find myself showing up to work earlier and earlier every day to get my "assigned duties" done before the branch doors open at 9 am. I currently have 5 employees that report directly to me. At any given time I can have additional 3 that would report to me depending on if my boss is in the branch. Aside from manageing my employees, and coaching them to goals, I have to make sure all of our numbers are positive. I also help customers as they come in.
productive , fun enviorment
teller (Current Employee), Collinsville, ILMay 11, 2015
love the team work, on a daily basis I process transactions and help translate for Spanish speaking customers . I love speaking to new people everyday , and also getting to know more the customers by names. we as a branch have a food day , where we bring in a dish and we make a small buffet, I love how we communicate and get along! This is a very important part in a job , it creates a great atmosphere to work and want to attend work .
Sell, sell, sell.
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMay 11, 2015
Management team is more worried about you hitting unrealistic numbers than actually building a good work environment.
n/a
Loan Processor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2015
Pros: great company and 401k plan
Cons: not in order, departments that we worked with where not given accurate information about our department, which made the job a little more difficult
overworked management not on the same levels or playing fields. co-workers where great and always assisted with anyone who could not finish their overloaded dashboard
Summary
Personal Banker w/selling (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. It is a great establishment to be apart of. The financial industry is a great place to start a career.

About U.S. Bank

U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth – Read more

U.S. Bank Salaries