U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Employer Reviews

Wish We Had US Cellular Here
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: commissions, advancement opportunities, good mix of team and individual time
Cons: hours, work-life balance
A typical day at US Cellular consisted of face-to-face meetings with customers, cold calling businesses, following up with existing customers, and trouble-shooting mobile device issues. I learned how important mobile devices have become in today's society, ins and outs of needs-based selling, and how to empathize and calm an escalated customer. The best part of the job was watching frustrated mobile users transform into satisfied customers, and having them refer others to me as well as call me specifically when they had a need. The most difficult part of the job was the work-family balance; we were required to take customers all the way up to the last minute of our shift, and most days I left work 15-45 minutes past my shift end time because I was helping a customer.
A great customer service orientation job
Customer Service Representative - Cellular (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJanuary 27, 2015
This place is about quality customer service and the environment is fun.
HORIBLE!!!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Maryville, TNJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: working with customers
Cons: everything
Well it was a starter job, nothing really just get my foot in the door so to speak. The management there was super awful they trat you like dogs if not worse, the only enjoyable part was helping customers and making sales. It seemed to be like high schoolers but with 25-40 year olds pretty sad really and a lot of the other agents would lie to customers to make the sales. I often had problems with management and a certain supervisor taking your contracts and putting their own names on them to get the commission from it.
Company with character
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great pay and team work
Cons: work life balance
This is the 5th largest Mobility carrier in the US. Every day is different. This is a company where employees are encouraged to interact with their communities. The company stands behind its values and has a foundation it follows called the dynamic organization. We are encouraged to develop ourselves and others within our reach. We are encouraged to reach outside of our boundaries to seek guidance and best practices. The hardest part about the job is work life balance. The most enjoyable part is being able to develop people and lead by encouragement and motivation.
Okay not challenging no growth.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Madison, WisconsinJanuary 22, 2015
Okay, not challenging, no growth. Need change need more activity need more compensation. I took the job because I have never worked for a call center or a cell phone provider thought I would be able to get back to serving customers, selling, managing, etc and grow and have potential for income I'm accustomed to. At present I no longer desire growth with this organization.
Productive work Envioronment
(Consultant) Sr. Enterprise Project Manager (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: open working environment
Cons: lack of process and structure
Excellent progressive working environment. Team members were awesome to work with and individuals shared an abundance of information that made doing your job easier and more productive.
Value driven customer and employee focused company that drives and reinforces standards of excellence
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits; health, vision, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, employee plans, extensive training, and opportunities for advancement
US Cellular is a highly value driven organization focused on driving standards of excellence in every aspect of the business.The executive leadership has developed a clear and concise vision and mission that is focused on ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved through a highly trained workforce and superior/robust network. The culture is very team oriented, inclusive, fun, exciting, value driven, empowering, and goal orientated. US Cellular is an excellent company to contribute and develop your skills/talents and gain priceless training that will shape both your personal and professional career.
Dynamic Organization
Agent Business Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: overall great place to work.
Cons: gone through a lot of turn over.
It is productive yet fun. The associates are the best group that I have ever worked for. I am honored to be called their leader.
Well-paced environment with employee-focused management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Maryville, TNJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: flexible shifts, interactive environment, well-executed open-door policy
Cons: minimum pay, limited advancement, no benefits
As an authorized retailer of US Cellular, the environment and standards were up-to-par. Many customer service based duties were performed through corporate offices via telephone and that hindered the ideal customer experience at times. Otherwise, the agency was professional and immediate management was some of the best I've had the pleasure of working with.

The only drawbacks, which became a deal breaker, were the limited advancement opportunities and comparatively lower-than-corporate compensation. A practical benefits package was virtually non-existent.
Potential for good pay
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Machesney Park, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: potential for good pay. company frequently provides free meals for employees.
Cons: change in commission. micro-management. extremely slow and glitchy point sales computer system.
The company has potential for good pay at $11/hr + commission to start. With recent changes this has reduced potential commission. Employees have to now work harder to sell accessories. You now have to average $60 in accessory sales per transaction to make good money. If you average under $40 per transaction you no longer get paid for accessory sales even if you reach your required monthly quota. With US Cellular selling their Chicago market to Sprint, many customers that travel to the Chicago and surrounding areas are cancelling their accounts due to either not getting service or very poor quality service in the Chicago area.

The company also got rid of its greeters, cashiers, and service techs. Now sales associates have to multi-task in each of these areas, resulting in even longer wait times for customers, and especially customers that only want to come in to pay their bills.
Great company
Resource Planner (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with the company. I did several positions from customer service, administrative assistant, and resource planner.
Great place to start and grow for sales.
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Scarborough, MEJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: traffic flow in the store vary. which can affect your commission greatly.
If you are looking for a place to make good money and have excellent benefits for staring positions then U.S. Cellular is the place to be its a good company to grow. You need to be hungry for sales and be ready to turn any opportunity in a sale during the slower months. Even though your hourly your majority incomes comes from your commission check.
Based on the rating categories
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, discounts with certain companies, free phone service.
Cons: managers, moral, changing commission structure, no job advancement, work life balance, job security, job culture
The poor overall rating had a lot to do with recent management and the business direction that the company was heading. My time with the company (almost 3 years) was full of ups and downs and more downs than ups. What work/life balance? Basically you should plan on being sick - but you have to keep in mind that this is retail, with retail hours. Compensation was amazing compared to the other opportunities in my area with no degree (even though it changed 3 times - getting progressively worse in almost 3 years), great benefits. No advancement available, when I got hired I wanted to eventually go into management I tried after being one of the top performers to move up only to be met with a "no". Another of my coworkers who had been there a total of 9 years, was told that she couldn't go into management because she was a top performer and they "needed her in that store". Less than a year later an employee who had been there less than a year (also a top performer, but a male) got promoted to manager. Management made it a point to exploit the employees trust and throw their teams under the bus constantly. The company also SAYS they prefer to hire within but I've seen that once in 3 years - the management they did hire had no idea what they were doing and had no previous experience as managers. In 3 years this store went through 8 (store and sales) managers. The company's moral and overall job culture was fantastic until the managers started leaving.
The job was usually very relaxed
Customer service rep (Former Employee), bolingbrook ILJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: bonuses
I enjoyed working there because it was an easy going job and the pay and hours were very good. I had a mandatory 40 hours a week and was responsible for online customer service. The management was okay, but towards the end of the company closing there wasn't much management. My co-workers were always very friendly and relaxed. The job was not hard at all because all I had to do was answer questions online about the website and provide information to customers, and potential customers about new and upcoming products.
Good Company
Retail Wireless Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Competitive pay and benefits. Fast paced environment, Sales oriented leadership. Name recognition is a potential obstacle with sales as is the network footprint. Room for growth
Competivie
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Clearlake, CADecember 29, 2014
Customer service sucks. This employer really provides you with the skills and resources to inflate your paycheck. Commissions are based on sales.
Can't compete
SYSTEMS / EQUIPMENT ENGINEER (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 28, 2014
This is a cruel industry. Only the BIG fish will survive. Miss the years when company had its previous CEO and the introduction of Dynamic Organization.
Good Comapny.
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2014
Working for US Cellular was a thrilling sales experience.
Very interactive with customers.
Good Place to work
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCDecember 24, 2014
Very Nice Place to work. Family environment
Agent Account Executive (Former Employee), Itasca, ILDecember 23, 2014
Really professional environment. Really good benefits and professional development is a huge part of this company's success.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Cellular

United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone – Read more