U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular United States Employee Reviews

Fun environment with many benefits
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Mount Airy, NcApril 25, 2015
Pros: Commission, prizes for meeting goals, freedom
Cons: short breaks
I work with some amazing people who function well as a team. My managers are very friendly and make coming to work enjoyable.
Pure sales job
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Southern, WVApril 18, 2015
Pros: Schedule
Cons: pay system
You whole goal is to sell no matter what. If you can do that great but if you can not good luck. Regardless of customer flow or too many salesmen on the floor or even the system down you still have to put numbers up. This leads to back handed salesmen with management that doesn't care so long as the store makes its numbers. Customers should ask plenty of questions because if you dont ask we wont tell you how this new plan or phone hurts you in the long run.
Great company
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 13, 2015
Good pay with the company and benefits. Also U.S. Cellular was a company that made sure to keep you updated with the product and service.
Not somewhere you'd want to depend on
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Muskogee, OkApril 12, 2015
Pros: Commission
Cons: Poorly trained management. Politics
A typical day of work at US cellular consists of very irrational customers with irrational cell phone account questions. Ranging from why videos takes up their data to why they're never coming to your store again.

I learned this company is all about the numbers. When you achieving quota goals you're god's gift to the company, however if you come up short just one month there are consequences.

Management here brings to mind one word: politics. The management within the company has been built from years of steady politics. Looking for a manager with a degree? Won't find one. Most of the management is untrained and work very little if at all with employees to attain goals. The management when hit with a problem typically give the "deer in headlights" look and expect associates to handle them on their own because of "employee empowerment" or lets call it what it really is " observe and report".

Co-workers generally consist of fairly intelligent people. Ones that have been around the block with customer service. However in this area where commission is involved you'll learn the very definition of cutthroat and backstabbing.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customer base. The company is known for being a rural area company, and the rural communities aren't generally the most educated nor friendly. Although the politics and kissing of rears may come in close 2nd.

The paycheck is definitely the best part of the job. If one sales well one will be compensated very well.
Commission-based retail sales
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 9, 2015
If you are interested in excelling in the wireless sales field, US Cellular provides a wide range of experience.

Retail hours can include any day of the week,m so flexibility is a must.

The majority of the management I've encountered have provided a fair and accommodating work environment.
Great place to work and improve skills vital to business world.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Coralville, IAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Part time benefits (paid vacation, sick days, education reimbursement, etc;)
Cons: Hectic environment at times, constant changes
Work with 3-20 customers per day. Multi-tasking on anything from sales to financial review. Inventory management as well as cash management close out each shift. Great ability to interact and work with all levels of management. Great company culture, and a great D.O.
US Cellular is the best place to work on Earth
District Sales Manager (Chicago Sales) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 3, 2015
US Cellular was by far the best work experience that I could have ever received. I was afforded an opportunity to grow up personally and professionally here, clearly defining who I am, what I want and actively living out my life's purpose.
Probably is a fantastic company to work for, just not at my store.
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Mount Airy, NCApril 3, 2015
Pros: Pay and commison aren't bad, 7 paid holidays per year, company sponsored health insurance, flexibilty.
Cons: Managment, angry customers, gossip.
I work for U.S. Cellular through an authorized retailer. A typical day at work for me consists of punching in and waiting for customers to come pay their bill or purchase a phone or accessory, and calling customers in the meantime to pitch new deals an promotions. As far as management is concerned, and I do not know how management at other locations are, but at my location, the manager is toxic and very difficult to be around, which makes the job much harder for me and everyone else because we all work with the manager almost every day. The manger gossips all day long, talks badly about every employee's significant others (I have no idea why) and also talks badly about the customers as soon as they walk out the door. The manager is in no way, shape or form a "leader", but rather a "boss". My other co-workers are fantastic and they're a big part of the reason I am still there. Also, in all my years working, I have never heard the word "fired" tossed around so frequently. Job security here in non existent because it's like the manger gets a kick out of firing people. I understand we have a quota to meet, but its personal at my store. If the manager decides they do not like you anymore, it's over. Two have been fired in the past two months. In all honesty, this job is a classic case of "golden handcuffs". The only reason I am working here is because the paycheck is good and I am a full time employee, but currently I am searching for something better. What started out as a great job full of excitement, slowly but surely took a turn for the worst. What I have learned from working here is if something seems too good to be true, it's because it typically is.
Good Culture turned in wrong direction
CUSTOMER SERVICE COACH (Former Employee), iowaMarch 29, 2015
Spent a good 7 years there and company started out in the right direction. Towards end of my time there company lost touch with what is important.
Excellent Plce to work
Sales Coach/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay, bonuses and training programs
Cons: Laid off
The company left Illinois due to unforeseen circumstances, but if you can get a job at this company in another state, you will be proud.
Daily activities
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2015
Opening of store, inventory recording, balance register, attend customers with inquiries regarding payments, account changes, device purchases, wireless plans, develop and close sales, basic cleaning of the store.
Busy
Service Technician (Former Employee), Sterling, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free cell phone service.
Cons: Never getting out of work on time.
A typical day at work was very busy, I learned a lot at U.S. Cellular, how to take care of a customer and to make sure you always put the customer first. Management was awesome and co-workers were fun and everyone worked together as a team. I can't really think of a hardest part of my job because i was there for so long. Most enjoyable part of my job was doing inventory.
Fun and exciting
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 25, 2015
answering inbound calls about billing and tech support. management is fair and there is a long process before you get fired they will work with you to keep your job. employees are friendly the environment is like a friendly cult.
Great Company Great Boss
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), MAineMarch 24, 2015
Sales Sales Sales. Be able to adapt to change quickly. Customer service is very important. Great Hours and pay depends on how well you can sell.
Current employee (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great corporate culture
Cons: stress of competing against large carriers
U.S. Cellular strives to provide a balanced and safe corporate culture. The work can be stressful as U.S. Cellular strives to match large competitors who have 10x the budget.
The Dynamic Organization is a Sham.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 17, 2015
Cons: Inflexible, Not family friendly, they do not care about their employees
This is the worst place to work if you are a mother or if you care for an ill family member. Make sure you pick a schedule that you can live with in the beginning, because they will not let you change for any reason. Also, you may have to fight with them to use the restroom. They will try to discipline you for this and pretend they do not know the law under the ADA.
Ever changing environment
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits were great
Cons: Work/life balance
US Cellular is employee and customer focused. This is an environment that is fast paced and ever changing. Training was provided consistently and the growth opportunities were great.
Was a great company until 3 years ago
Service Technician (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 13, 2015
I loved working here until about 3 years ago they hired a CEO that drove the company into the ground and then bailed. The current CEO has been doing nothing but damage control since he took over and his idea of damage control is to cut as many costs (and jobs) as possible to keep the company afloat regardless of impact to the company's customers or it's employees.
Good Company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOMarch 8, 2015
Work days varied because of such a diverse customer base. Routine daily activities included taking customer payments, troubleshooting technical issues with devices, resolving client disputes and setting up customer accounts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customer who had bad experiences with other reps.
US Cellular
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), WIFebruary 26, 2015
I loved it here. This is a great place to work. If you like dealing with customers and having fun all while making money and getting experience in customer service. This is the place for you. In this position you help customers with their accounts and questions. The company loves their employees they would give you gifts nice benefits and lots of hours.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Cellular

United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone – Read more

U.S. Cellular Salaries