U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews in United States

Hectic
Service Tech/Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianola, IAMay 1, 2016
Cons:
No structure
New company software implementation has made it very difficult

Pros:
Great pay
Management opportunities
easy relocation
excellent customers
Good enviroment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2016
Nice place to work. Great people. I really enjoyed it. I loved working with customers as well as finding new ways to motivate staff and make the job fun.
Pros
Great benefits, bonus plus commission
Cons
Nothing really i loved the culture.
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2016
Stage the products for customer view and testing, take payments, setting customer up for new services and upgrading. Staying current on all new products and services offered @ usc.
Pros
Great management, great co-workers fun, fun.
Cons
Left Chicago Market
productive fun work place, great break area
Direct Inside Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILApril 28, 2016
Great people, great company. focused on employees and the customers. checking to make sure customers services are current and renewing contract as needed. introducing customer to new products and services.
Pros
Productive fun, nice break areas
Cons
left the chicago market
Great place to work with great benefits
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 25, 2016
This job requires you to learn and develop new skills and sales strategies every day. It requires you to conduct account analysis, make phone calls to current customers, maintain open and effective communication with customers, co-workers, and management. The most challenging aspect of this job is learning to create a balance between time management and customer service. In that, you must be able to effectively assist customers while other customers are waiting. The best part of the job is the pay and benefits. You will become a professional at working under commissions and pressure. Management is great at developing employees.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Retail hours
Company Truly Values Its Employees
Cashier-Greeter (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCApril 21, 2016
If you are lucky enough to work in a corporate location, not an agent one, then you will find that US Cellular goes above and beyond to take care of its employees. In my opinion, you will only truly be successful if you have a good work ethic, high moral values, and truly care about the customer. US Cellular is all about building customer loyalty through strong customer engagement.

My managers really care about us. They do everything they can to encourage their team to produce good results. It's a highly competitive company, but even the higher ups are amazing. They remember your name and face and attend workshops (which you get paid mileage to attend). I absolutely love when we get higher up visitors, which isn't something most employees for other companies can say.

The only downside I can say is that in the position of the cashier greeter, you do have to pick up a lot of slack from the sales team. This is a common experience from cashier greeters, from what I have gathered at our workshops. It can get overwhelming at times, but it's worth it overall.
Pros
Healthcare, Bonuses, Compensation, Management, Recognition, Company Provided Cell Phone
Cons
If you're a cashier greeter, you tend to do more work than what is necessary.
Good cell phone company
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 20, 2016
Team work, great co-workers, a great deal of information to learn, very supportive company, great benefits.

Leaders use your strengths to help you grow as a person...
acheiving sales quota on mothnly basis very easily
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed working with customers, very simple to sell a cellular device. Although it was also a very slow pace environment, I like to maintain my self occupied.
Pros
slow pace work flow
Cons
very good commision structure
Great company culture!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 14, 2016
No two days are the same. A job in sales is likely the most challenging with the company. The industry has become volatile and difficult to succeed. The people are the best part of the job.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Many hoops to jump through to succeed
good benefits
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 12, 2016
good pay and good place to work
must have strong CS skills
must have the ability to adapt to change
good coworkers
steady work
fast paced
Cons
low work life balance
Great company, fun environment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 11, 2016
Install HVAC duct work, brazed, insulated duct lines and copper lines, demolition. learned the basics of HVAc installation. dabbled in the technician aspect.
Great work environment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOApril 6, 2016
Had great experience that was able to allow me to advance into a management setting for Sprint when I changed jobs. Provided a great work ethic and model of work that I continue to use.
Easy commute
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 6, 2016
Great working environment, day to day can be a lot. Glad for the experience, projects are continuously evolving and improving.
It is a great place to work when just getting out into the job field.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 31, 2016
this is a good company to work for Corporate side to me is better because they have better benefits, pay, and commission structure.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Commission
One of the best companies to work for
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 31, 2016
I use to work for Us Cellular up until they moved from Chicago. It was definitely a very good company to work for. They listened to their employees concerns and addressed them. I wish they never left because I would still be working for them.
Fun and Fast Paced Atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILMarch 30, 2016
My typical work day included interacting with new customers and opening new accounts. Management was a pleasure to work with and were always available to assist you with any issues or concerns. Our company held many meetings to teach us new and effective sales and customer service techniques. The co-workers worked as a team and were always up for a friendly competition on the sales floor. The hardest part of my job was meeting sales quotas during slow months but the most enjoyable part was making a customer happy with our products and services.
Good company
Retail wireless consultant (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAMarch 30, 2016
Very good company to work for just not where I want to be. I want to be with a company in which that has already established a strong following and is does not have to follow what others do.
Productive and Fun Workplace at US Cellular
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 25, 2016
Working for this company is a joy. The people you work with are passionate about proving the best customer interaction each and every time.
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Cons
working with the public
Fun place to work
Agent Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at U.S. Cellular. Many members of the leadership team are young, energetic and have great ideas. It can be very stressful working here, especially when a customer experiences issues with their phone. From a customer's standpoint, it takes too long to get what you need, furthering frustration on both sides of the table.
Pros
Fun; Energetic; Progressive
Cons
Stress
US Cellular
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 16, 2016
Good company to work for, lots of room for advancement. Also, great work/life balance. I started in Customer Service, I was promoted to Customer Retention within one year with a 7.00 pay increase. Give them a try.