U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Wonderful Place
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianola, IANovember 16, 2017
I highly recommend US Cellular to anyone for a career, if I could go back I would in a heart beat. I loved my peers and most of my management team, there are a couple of management co-workers I had issues with due their lack of knowledge and power trips. I miss my job at US Cellular because I miss the customers, I miss my peers, it was a wonderful experience.
Pros
Pay, commissions, vacations, discounts.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, not enough staff, quotas hard to meet.
Fast-Paced and plenty of room for advancement
Retail Wireless Consultant (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IANovember 16, 2017
Hardest part of this job was dealing with unruly customers, but other employees helped you move forward. Plenty of opportunity to advance including leadership training for management.
Great Place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 16, 2017
Nice People, good environment, good pay, full training. Easy job, focused on taking care of customers and the business. Lots of benefits, good environment
Pros
pay, benefits, culture
Cons
opportunities for advancment
Good work environment - challenging business
Analyst (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 11, 2017
Overall, US Cellular has a good working environment and encourages work/life balance. I have had a positive experience at the company. They treat their employees with respect and provide good benefits to their workers.

Working at the company has had its challenges. Reorganizations have been relatively frequent and many times did not seem well planned. Senior management is fair, but has drifted further in its communications and dialogue with employees in recent years. It is a highly consensus-driven culture and change is slow. The industry is challenging and it remains to be seen how long the company will survive in its current state, given its competitive position.
We were a sales oriented business that delivered a customer experience that is unmatched in the cell phone industry.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MENovember 11, 2017
As a daily routine, I would get into the store a few minutes early and put on signs and opened up the store. Throughout the day, I would take calls and customer walk ins and help with any of their needs. What set our store and franchise apart was the customer service we delivered but also how easy we made doing business with us was. I would hand deliver phones, tablets and other wireless devices to several of our business accounts. During downtime in the store, I would make outbound calls to potential business accounts and customers to bring in additional business into our store. I also was involved in training our sales associates, payroll, cash flow management, marketing and day to day operations.
Pros
Experience in all aspects of running a business, sales, managing people and customer relations
Cons
Lack of benefits, elements of a retail position
Fast Paced
Inbound Sales (Current Employee) –  Marion, IANovember 10, 2017
With how fast things change in technology, you are always learning something new. The computers are super slow and very numbers oriented. More about getting a sale and getting off the phone while asking questions about the customer.
Great people, great opportunity
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 26505November 9, 2017
You never know what the day will bring at UsCellular, it depends on the what the customer brings in. Some days you are fixing phones, others you are welcoming a new customer to the UsCellular family.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
slow to advance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2017
Too clicky.
Have to be in the in group to get projects advanced or yourself advanced.
Slow to recognize talent. Talent more likely to leave due to slow advancement and leadership taking accolades for work done by group.
No longer in St louis
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILNovember 8, 2017
Management was horrible and they expected you to sell over priced terrible service. Most retailers expect you to recruit your family and friends for business but not this place. I am glad they are no longer in the St Louis area
n/a
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2017
a typical day at work is good
what I learned was a lot
management was questionable
workplace culture was good
the hardest part of the job is lazy employees
Great company
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WINovember 1, 2017
Overall a very great company to work for. Management is very helpful and supportive, your coworkers for the most part are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with the stress that comes with being in a sales position, and dealing with sometimes unsatisfied customers. Most enjoyable part is the team atmosphere.
Pros
Good benefits offered to both full-time and part-time associates
Cons
Working EVERY weekend.
Great Culture & People - Challenging Growth Opportunities
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2017
U.S. Cellular is a great place to work and has excellent people and a healthy culture of respect and common purpose.

It is challenging to find opportunities for career growth and drive impactful change needed to compete at the speed of business
Pros
Cons
Growth Potential
Great culture, runs like a family business
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2017
It runs itself like a '90's cell phone company, competing on price and relying on switchers like the big four telco's. Hesitant to make huge/risky investments to grow disproportionately.
Pros
Good culture and good respect
Cons
Industry is commoditizing - hard to make a difference
Na
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2017
US Cellular is a good corporation but lacks in advancement.
Still they are using Old technologies and scope of growth is very low.
If you want to relax then its good company for you
Great culture and work family
Solutions Consultant (Retention) (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 31, 2017
Great advancement opportunities, unhappy with scheduling options with life balance as a mother and new mother. US CONGRESS has a creative culture and enviorment.
Excellent company
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 30, 2017
Wish they were in Texas... best employer I've ever worked for hands down. Stressful at times but great management helped thru it and made it a fun welcoming place to be
Great first job
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MEOctober 29, 2017
Working at US Cellular was a great first job. It allowed a young self to learn about compensation changes and commission structures. It also allowed a young female to see the "good ole' boys club" that was established first hand. Managers were promoted for either how close they were with other managers (friends, shared military experiences, ect) wihout the supporting job experience or expertise. Furthermore other managers were promoted despite inappropriate behavior (appearing on the job hungover) within there own store whereas other members of the team, typically female fought desperately for their right to show their skillset. I left after years of working with the organization and being forced into roles due to personal decisions outside of the organization.
Was fun at first.
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEOctober 26, 2017
At first I loved my job but the longer I was there the more stressful it was and the harder it got to enjoy the job maybe if management wasn't there it would be a lot better get someone in there that actually cares what their associates do for them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Poor Management
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 26, 2017
Working at us cellular was amazing. I loved the team atmosphere and flexibility..Im never late nor will that stigma ever fit me because i take pride in what i do and strive to do it very well
Very competitive workplace
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 20, 2017
I'd recommend this job to any hard working dedicated individual. It is very fast paced and you have the potential to make salary plus commission as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.