U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

A company with integrity! Great company culture.
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 10, 2016
I worked for US Cellular for 17 months as a Business Account Manager. The company culture is positive. The company has integrity in everything they do. The employees truly work as a team. Each employee is supported and upheld. Employees are also held to a very high standard which makes everyone in the company a "class act".
The toughest part of working in telecommunications is the competitive landscape in which all telecom companies live. It is not for the faint of heart.
Great benefits. Hurdles for professional sales people.
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Powell, TNFebruary 9, 2016
It's a great company to work for. The biggest problems are jumping through the hoops of constant check ins, retail forms, and triple and quadruple counting our sales with ever increasing quotas.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance
Cons
Unrealistically high quotas
You won't be bored.
INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST II-III (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 6, 2016
Fast paced with good people to work with. Requires ability to shift priorities often.Diversity is respected. Paid extra for on-call rotation responsibilities.
Pros
Free cell phone service
Cons
Not enough investment options for 401K
Major Lay Off
Wireless Retail Consultant (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKFebruary 2, 2016
Not much to say, they did a major lay off that impacted my family. Let my husband go after many faithful years. We ended up moving! The End
Pros
do not have any
Cons
The culture was one of greed!
the benefits are great.
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 25, 2016
they have great benefits. company is going through many changes and is tough to tell where it will end up. it was great when I started.
Company is worth the effort to work for.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Have great benefits for family and individuals, with a not so full day of "work". Stores are only open during late mornings to early evenings except during holidays, which allow for a great work/life balance. US Cellular creates a great team environment with limited back stabbing. Those people that do not fit will be weeded out by the employees more than the managers. The hardest part of the job is not taking any negative comments that comes from just working in customer service, personally.
Pros
hours of operation are not long.
Cons
quotas can be hard to hit.
US Cellular had great training program for new employees but managers were not customer focused
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 22, 2016
After coming out of training and having it driven into you how you are there for the customer. The managers you reported to were not customer focused. The manager did eventually get let go but she was in her position too long to keep me there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Bad Managers
Best Work Environment Yet
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILJanuary 20, 2016
Great culture. I truly enjoyed going to work everyday. Great pay and leadership opportunities. Products were for the customer needs. Team meeting were about how to be better for the customer.
Pros
Pay and benefits were excellent.
Cons
No longer in the il market
Great place for young workers
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJanuary 18, 2016
Great company to work for. Can be micro managed a lot with the goals needed to accomplish but can be rewarding financially.
Pros
Company lunches and Pay
Cons
no balance of work and family life
Good Place for strong people
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 13, 2016
I work in the inbound customer service program. I learned to work closely with coworkers and having a family environment. I will say that my co-workers are the best part of the job for all of the support that they provide. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with all of the demands on the days you feel like your being pulled 50 different ways. Yet being able to volunteer within the community makes it worth wild.
Pros
great people, good benefits, good perks
Cons
very fast pace, rememebering so many different products and services
Not much opportunity
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2016
My role was newly created and not thought out. Lack of direction and work. Culture is friendly, and people are willing to help you understand the business.
US Cellular
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 5, 2016
Dealing with upset customers is not always fun, but I liked the job overall. The compensation plan changed while I was there but I didn't think it had a huge effect on what I was previously making. While I worked there, I felt job security was good.
Fine
Customer care consultant (Current Employee) –  Broken Bow, OKJanuary 5, 2016
Its a good place if you don't mind an office job. Most of the customers that come in are there to make a phone payment. Sometimes you deal with rude people but once they understand the problem they are all smiles
Fun and Challenging Place to Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2015
Working for a smaller company within a major industry has advantages in that much more is expected of their technical employees. Lots of room to tackle new and unfamiliar problems if that is what you are looking for.

The dynamic organization has allowed for a strong work/life balance relative to other companies I have worked for (At least for the vast majority of the time). However, because it is no longer a dynamically growing industry, it can be difficult to advance a career beyond an associate level.
Pros
Work/Life balance, broad responsibilities, great people
Cons
Career advancement opportunities
Culture changes, no longer able to compete with larger cellular carriers
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, WADecember 29, 2015
Sales Managers are expected to focus on driving associate performance yet are not given proper incentive to perform at a higher level themselves. The company has failed to grow its customer base, and in turn is in a constant state of reacting to the larger carriers latest fade versus standing out with their own identity. The focus is stated to be on valuing customers, yet the company is bleeding customers due to better plans, devices, and accessories from the bigger carriers. The company peaked at 6 million customers five years ago, and now is about half of that. This impacts the Sales Manager job because you are expected to stay professional, yet are set up for failer when the latest gimmick is rolled out and abandoned when it doesn't increase business results. This results in going through the motions so as not to rock the boat, even when that boat is sinking. Sales associates know this, making it hard to lead when trust is gone in leadership in store, and upper management.
Pros
Pay is competitive yet earning potential is limited.
Cons
Too little, too late in being a competitive name brand in market place
Fun and postive work enviornment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 25, 2015
A typical days includes coming in and logging on to a computer and checking emails. Then providing the best customer service possible to anyone that walks into the store. My co-workers always work as a team and helping each other out. As for management they are very supportive and informing all of the employees whenever there are any changes. I love to be able to help out people in any way possible. The hardest part about this job I would have to say would be learning all the specs on the devices we carry and have carried.
benefits
Cons
Retail hours.
best place i ever worked
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2015
best company, management I ever worked. I learned a lots form co-workers and managers. I the hardest part was let it go, the best part discover my own potential
Excellent Work Culture
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSDecember 16, 2015
Great team, directed by leaders who were willing to adapt to the changing wireless environment based on the skill sets of the current employees.
Good Job
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCDecember 3, 2015
Overall Job was good benefits and compensation were great but over the time I was there I began to feel as though I was being asked to perform duties that were outside my job description while consistently being paid less and less. My Work life balance also went down the drain.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation
Cons
Work Life Balance
fun place to work
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 3, 2015
really enjoyed working for this company really liked the staff and benefits were awesome wish the really care about there staff