U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Employer Reviews

N/A
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 27, 2014
Attainment of monthly sales quota for new activations, Connected devices such as tablets, hot spots and home phones, also activating and maintaining small business accounts and accessory sales.
It All Depends
Customer Service (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 26, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: terrible work/life balance, favoritism
The culture is rife with inadequacies and double standards. Your experience will depend entirely on who your direct report is. The cult like environment is a little much. The benefits and starting pay are awesome. Tattle tailing is HIGHLY encouraged and rewarded in most situations. Stay away from this company if you are heavily opinionated. A good fit – more... for those who are good at playing by the rules. You will advance fast. – less
Fun place to work with great employees and management
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Niles, ILJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of opening up new cell phone lines as well as taking care of current customer issues. I learned the bulk of my customer service skills through working at U.S Cellular. Unfortunately they no longer operate in the area in which I reside or I don't see any reason why I wouldn't still be working for them.
Wireless Sales
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), MultipleJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: work life balance
Working in a fun industry, fast paced, innovative. Performing sales every day but there are always new offers and new things to talk about with customers.
Customer Service / Cellular Technician
Cellular Service Technician (Former Employee), Kinston, NCJuly 19, 2014
Pros: makeing people happy
I work for US Cellular for 12 great years and enjoyed it every day. Would like to work with US Cellular again someday, the sales team that I worked with are more like a family to me. I enjoyed working with our customers and correcting their service and equipment issues.
Great Company, Bad Managment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 18, 2014
Pros: commission, benefits
Cons: complacent leadership, stressful work enviornment
Days were average, very little traffic in stores. Not very much opportunity to make sales as their customer base is very poor and the company tends to be the most expensive wireless carrier. The company has a broken billing system that does not allow you to do your job correctly, the worst part is senior leaders blame the associates for the problems – more... with the billing system. The company also has a huge push in accountability, however they hold people accountable for things outside of their control while at the same time their is no accountability for performance. I had seen several discrimination lawsuits against the company as well in my years working their, the leaders involved were never dismissed and no accountability was shown. Overall they work you to death and don't respect your work/life balance. The company used to have a great deal of potential, now they are slowing closing their doors and things are swiftly becoming chaotic. – less
Great place to work. High energy and awesome culture
Interview Coach (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 17, 2014
U.S Cellular is a wonderful place to work. The environment is energetic with a very strong culture. A typical day at work involves speaking to customers and helping them resolve complex issues.
I have improved my communication, and time management skills in my tenure with U.S. Cellular. My co-workers are friendly and open to feedback. If I need assistance – more... I can ask a peer or any manager who is available. The hardest part of my job is balancing decisions to ensure both the company and the customer have a win/win situation. – less
Solid company and competitive workplace
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NCJuly 17, 2014
A great company with good benefits and pleasant workplace.
professional atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kinston, NCJuly 13, 2014
it is a mostly professional atmosphere. Management isn't all that great which leads to a slightly out of control work area. we are not paid on time but the work is easy. for the most part the co-workers are nice and easy to get along with.
Challenging but rewarding
Service Technician (Former Employee), Fremont, NEJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great health insurance, paid vacations
Cons: trying to catch up after being gone since i was the only one in my department.
A typical day included working with customers to solve cell phone problems. Logging and tracking cell phone repairs, computer updates for cell phone repair and assisting with inventory were part of my duties. I learned how to work with team members to enhance the customers' experience.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the variety of tasks and the – more... good feeling of being able to help customers. – less
Fun, Fast-Paced Environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flexibile schedule, customer focus
Retail environment that was focused on customers' wireless needs while growing sales associates' sales abilities.
potential growth
Customer Service Coach (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIJuly 8, 2014
The ability to be trained in differnt areas and endless opportunities for continuting to grow.
Great company en route to dramatic changes
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), North carolinaJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great culture
Cons: job security not same anymore, no work life balance
Thrilled to work there for as long as i did. company had great culture. it has come a long way since i started. Everything is focused on being just like the other big guys. Eliminated roles that made us different. and completely cut off our pay in half with new commission structure. used to be great company to work not so much anymore. Still great people!
Great work place and professional people to work with
Sales Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJuly 5, 2014
Sales meeting and exceeding sales budgets and goals. Assist customers with cellular issues by troubleshooting their equipment. Educating on how to use their equipment and offer solutions. process the equipment through a point of sale computer and add on proper features.
Productive and fun co-workers and managers
Cashier/Greeter (Current Employee), Marshalltown, IAJuly 4, 2014
Pros: the benefits are amazing and on occasion the managers will buy us lunch.
Cons: in my position i do not get commision.
It's a great place to work, I really enjoy working with the associates and managers. Whenever I need assistance they are more than willing to help. Every day I learn alot about phones and new technology in the market. Also I meet new people walking through the door and on occasion I see customers from my previous business come in.
Hard work without advancement
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), USAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: fast paced work enviroment
Cons: compensation and commisions
This company expects the sales person to do all the work, from cell phone trouble shooting to sending phones out to repair. The sales person receives commission on cell phone and accessory sales only if they make 50% of their quota. The sales person will compete with sales of local Walmart stores that sell the same plans and phones for less. Also of – more... note they just fired all of their Cell phone Technicians and Cashier Greeters. – less
A lot of potential
Agent Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2014
Pros: culture is very friendly.
Cons: because the culture is very friendly it tends to avoid necessary conflict.
As this industry continues to grow and the ground shifts each of the players are adjusting their strategies and feeling out their new role to the consumers.

USC is no different along with the leadership changes and the bold market decisions it continues to make.

While they jockey into a new position they are going through the growing pains every organization – more... must go through. – less
Great Job
Customer Care/Telesales Supervisor (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILJune 30, 2014
I love working for U.S. Cellular, working at us cellular is a once in a life time experience.
Hectic work environment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), MissouriJune 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, technology
Cons: schedule, system issues
In my years at U.S. Cellular I learned a lot of skills through years of continuous training. Initially the culture is what brought me there, and kept me their through most of my time there. The work environment drove my Teammates and I to be close, we were like family because we spent so much time together. The hardest part of the job is the limited – more... work life balance, the continual meetings, conference calls and training to keep up with frequently interrupt a day off. Keeping up with quotas when you have a frustrated customer base and an unreliable billing system was a great stress, and drove what passion I had for the business out of me. All and all I still think it's a great service provider, but the company has taken a shift from customer focus to sales focus, which is completely understandable because they are a for profit business. But in coming from a culture early in my career that took great pride in being different and focused on their Customer to following the competitors and pushing sales harder, it was just too big of shift for me and I was already burnt out on Retail in general. For people who are really driven by numbers, like to compete, and maybe young and don't have a family yet it can be a great learning experience and you can make really good money. – less
Great company to work for.
Senior Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Tarboro, NCJune 28, 2014
Great company with a group of employees who actually want to help and growth is very potential.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Cellular

United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone – Read more

U.S. Cellular Photos