U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Found 1,088 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 23, 2017
Very busy company to work for and have to be customer focus to take care of the clients that have problems with their cell phone bills. Problem solving with customer account and their bills.
Pros
Fun time family oriented
Cons
Great personal time need and PTO
Excellent Culture
Area Sales Manager/Interim Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Advancement and growth opportunities for those who are willing to ditch the standard corporate culture and actually believe in the dynamics of teamwork and the value of taking care of your employees.
Pros
Free Service
Great work place culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 20, 2017
Enjoyed my time working with fellow team members.
Some people in management need a little more guidance.
Tough quality standards that change often and are interpreted differently by each supervisor. Very frustrating.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 18, 2017
Discussing plans, phones and troubleshooting was part of a typical day. I learned a lot about different cell phone brands, plans, and coverage. Management was great, trying to find out what they can do to help you succeed. The workplace culture was fun and diverse and everyone was included. The hardest part of the job was when a customer would be degrading but you had to learn not to take it personal, that you were there to help them. Once you help your first customer figure something out on their phone, you feel great about the job!
Pros
Great benefits, great manager
Cons
Sales targets
Good place
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Good company that went through a lot of changes while I was there. A lot of system issues and all service technicians let go. Company has since stabilized from what I have heard.
Great Benefits and Culture
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIFebruary 15, 2017
Learned a lot about sales while working here. However, they try to conform you into a shady sales person which was something that I disliked. Interesting to learn about new technology in the wireless industry. Always changing environment. They say hitting your quota is not important which is a lie.
Enjoyables Sales Environment
Wireless Device Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 14, 2017
At U.S. Cellular, I started with the position of a wireless sales consultant. I was responsible for all wireless devices, including home/cell phones, tablets, routers, vehicle monitors, music and sound devices. With this position, I had the responsibility of contacting businesses and closing business deals with small corporations.

Within a few months, I was promoted to an assistant manager position, with the responsibilities of managing 3 store employees, scheduling employees, inventory checks, cashier duties, and opening and closing the store.

The most difficult part of the job was closing extensive deals with small businesses, and local stores.

The most enjoyable part of this job was gaining experience in the sales department, and learning several sales techniques along the way.

Employed at U.S. cellular, I took advantage of a great sales experience, and learned many techniques that will help me in my future as a business professional.
Pros
Sales Experience
Cons
Benefits and Compensation
This company trains you to be successful.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 13, 2017
US Cellular is a great place to work. The company is employee based. They train you to be successful with any position they offer. They have quick tracks to promotions and other positions. The supervisors work with you and not against you.
Pros
promotions, pay, benefits, well supervised
Cons
Different shifts are hard to transfer to
Stressful but Fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 9, 2017
Stressful job with a lot of pressure put on the frontline. I grew as a leader at US Cellular and was trained really well. Us Cellular hires people with the same beliefs they instill in their associates. Which makes working there fun. The relationships you make there will last you a lifetime.
Pros
fun, competitive
Cons
stress, work life balance
Great Company to Work For
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2017
U.S. Cellular has given me the opportunity to invest in my own self-development and because of that I've had the opportunity grow with the organization. This company cares for its associates, its culture and all of their customers.
friendly work environment
Sales Department (Current Employee) –  4700 S Garnett Rd.February 7, 2017
If you like call center jobs this is a good one. The people are super nice and the pay and benefits are good as well. There is a great work/life balance. You do have to sit down for hours but you get use to it.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
short breaks
Great manager
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 5, 2017
low hourly pay great health insurance, commission can be good during holidays but sometimes non existent. hard to make money with no traffic. Systems are always crashing
Fun place to work with great culture
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 4, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time at US Cellular. It is a great place to work. It is a call center environment and extremely customer focused.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Schedule Flexibility
Great place
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 1, 2017
It was an awesome place to work with amazing people and I couldn't be more blessed to of been given the opportunity. Overall I really enjoyed the whole experience.
Pros
People
Cons
nothing
Love it but I need something else.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marion, IAJanuary 29, 2017
As a call center rep for over a year I genuinely love all the people I work with. Some days the job is very mentally taxing but there is a joy to be had in making a customer day.
Pros
Popcorn, People, Empowerment
Training is fun.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Marion, IAJanuary 27, 2017
I worked in US Cellular call center for 3 months. I have PTSD and the company was not willing to work with me on my scheduled for my medical needs. You have to work there at least 6 months for a medical leave. I was having sever PTSD symptoms and would not let me take a few days off. your hours change all the time, you dont get a set scheduled. You are suppose to be very open with customers witch was hard for me. If someone called in saying that there family member just died we are spouse to say " oh, my grandma jane doe passed away on december 2nd at 3:04 Pm I know what you are going through and I know how hard it is" you are suppose show empathy on every call no matter what it is. even if you forget to do it once it goes against you even if you solve the customers issue 100 percent. if they don't like you, they will push you until you quit because they dont want to give you unemployment.
Pros
Good Benfits
Cons
Bad Pay
Great employees
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 27, 2017
Coworkers and members of management are very easy to work with but it's difficult to get the vacation time you need. I have enjoyed opportunities for leadership training and mentoring.
Good Wireless Job
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. Solid company with a good product. The service isn't nationwide, so many clients who travel would be better served going with a different provider.
Productive Fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 27, 2017
Great place to gain stability within a job and learning how to effectively communicate with customers. Valuable connection, empathy, and deescalation methods for all walks of life.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Minimal advancement
Very Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 24, 2017
Each day/week there was a different contest that you can participate in to earn different prizes. Very friendly team mates
Pros
Nice lunch room with many options

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.