U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Employer Reviews

A good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 19, 2014
Overall, a great place to work. I have been there for almost eight years, and have enjoyed working for the company.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Union Gap, WA and Sunnsyide, WAAugust 18, 2014
Something new every day. Growing the business. Learning and teaching new things to associate. Coaching and developing. It was a challenge every day, but great experience to grow with the company
good job
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moore, OKAugust 14, 2014
This was a good job. Anyone with this job would be happy. Make sure to get all work done and enjoy what you do.
Interesting
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great incentives
Cons: hours and shift bid process
Loved my co-workers and the customers that called in were such good people most of the time. I could understand a lot of the situations presented to me. Some of the customers really just wanted a listening ear and I was proud to provide that for them.
Great Diversity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee wiAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free phone
Cons: environment
Contact customers to inform of delinquency and obtain commitment to pay and negotiate payment arrangements.
- Restructuring loans to bring resolution which includes payment plans, refinancing and short sale
Exciting and challenging due to the high volume setting
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Medford, ORAugust 12, 2014
First line of contact for 100-200 customers per day. Assisted with various types of phone issues such as billing disputes, repairs, sales of equipment or service area issues.

Learned to be very patient and diplomatic in extremely high paced setting.

Management style was all about the sale and not so much about the customer service.

Co-workers were – more... not very supportive nor helpful during peak volume and long lines, especially when Manager was away.

Enjoyed helping customers. – less
Great place to work except for low traffic
Senior Sales Associate/Floating Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Moore, OKAugust 11, 2014
the management and commission structure is great but the stores are slow.
fun and relaxing workplace. quiet
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mukwonago, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: lunch break whenever
Cons: no complaints
A typical day at work would be making phone bill payments, customer service, helping out my co-workers. It's an enjoyable job.
Evolving workplace in premiere cellular industry
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, competitive industry
Cons: limited advancement, high turnover, industry uncertainty
A laid back work environment that tries to promote work/life balance. Co-workers are fun and outgoing and management is approachable with questions and concerns. Sometimes management does get too focused on "report cards" and loses focus of simply managing. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with fellow team members on projects around analyzing – more... potential business strategies as well as recently implemented business strategies. The hardest part of the job is monitoring activity that occurs in accounts and areas of the business my team is responsible for done by third party companies. – less
N/A
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 27, 2014
Attainment of monthly sales quota for new activations, Connected devices such as tablets, hot spots and home phones, also activating and maintaining small business accounts and accessory sales.
It All Depends
Customer Service (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 26, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: terrible work/life balance, favoritism
The culture is rife with inadequacies and double standards. Your experience will depend entirely on who your direct report is. The cult like environment is a little much. The benefits and starting pay are awesome. Tattle tailing is HIGHLY encouraged and rewarded in most situations. Stay away from this company if you are heavily opinionated. A good fit – more... for those who are good at playing by the rules. You will advance fast. – less
Fun place to work with great employees and management
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Niles, ILJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of opening up new cell phone lines as well as taking care of current customer issues. I learned the bulk of my customer service skills through working at U.S Cellular. Unfortunately they no longer operate in the area in which I reside or I don't see any reason why I wouldn't still be working for them.
Wireless Sales
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), MultipleJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: work life balance
Working in a fun industry, fast paced, innovative. Performing sales every day but there are always new offers and new things to talk about with customers.
Customer Service / Cellular Technician
Cellular Service Technician (Former Employee), Kinston, NCJuly 19, 2014
Pros: makeing people happy
I work for US Cellular for 12 great years and enjoyed it every day. Would like to work with US Cellular again someday, the sales team that I worked with are more like a family to me. I enjoyed working with our customers and correcting their service and equipment issues.
Great Company, Bad Managment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 18, 2014
Pros: commission, benefits
Cons: complacent leadership, stressful work enviornment
Days were average, very little traffic in stores. Not very much opportunity to make sales as their customer base is very poor and the company tends to be the most expensive wireless carrier. The company has a broken billing system that does not allow you to do your job correctly, the worst part is senior leaders blame the associates for the problems – more... with the billing system. The company also has a huge push in accountability, however they hold people accountable for things outside of their control while at the same time their is no accountability for performance. I had seen several discrimination lawsuits against the company as well in my years working their, the leaders involved were never dismissed and no accountability was shown. Overall they work you to death and don't respect your work/life balance. The company used to have a great deal of potential, now they are slowing closing their doors and things are swiftly becoming chaotic. – less
Great place to work. High energy and awesome culture
Interview Coach (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 17, 2014
U.S Cellular is a wonderful place to work. The environment is energetic with a very strong culture. A typical day at work involves speaking to customers and helping them resolve complex issues.
I have improved my communication, and time management skills in my tenure with U.S. Cellular. My co-workers are friendly and open to feedback. If I need assistance – more... I can ask a peer or any manager who is available. The hardest part of my job is balancing decisions to ensure both the company and the customer have a win/win situation. – less
Solid company and competitive workplace
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NCJuly 17, 2014
A great company with good benefits and pleasant workplace.
professional atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kinston, NCJuly 13, 2014
it is a mostly professional atmosphere. Management isn't all that great which leads to a slightly out of control work area. we are not paid on time but the work is easy. for the most part the co-workers are nice and easy to get along with.
Challenging but rewarding
Service Technician (Former Employee), Fremont, NEJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great health insurance, paid vacations
Cons: trying to catch up after being gone since i was the only one in my department.
A typical day included working with customers to solve cell phone problems. Logging and tracking cell phone repairs, computer updates for cell phone repair and assisting with inventory were part of my duties. I learned how to work with team members to enhance the customers' experience.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the variety of tasks and the – more... good feeling of being able to help customers. – less
Fun, Fast-Paced Environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flexibile schedule, customer focus
Retail environment that was focused on customers' wireless needs while growing sales associates' sales abilities.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Cellular

United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone – Read more

U.S. Cellular Photos