U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

US Cellular
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Buckhannon, WVMay 20, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: healthcare
A typical work day consisted of taking transactions for bills and upgrading customers to a device that he/she wanted. while working at U.S. Cellular I learned to become more of a problem solver. whether if it was a technical issue with a customer or our systems in general at the workplace. Management was very supportive and fair. my coworkers and I were like a family and we were always able to perform at a high efficiency for the store. The most challenging obstacle I encountered were the new promotions or new phones we would receive and I would have to study up on product. What i most enjoyed about the job was that I was able to take pride in where I worked and helping the customers
I feel it's a great place to work
Incident Manager (Former Employee), Bensenville, ILMay 13, 2015
Pros: Annual Bonus
Cons: Long hours
I have nothing but good things to say about US Cellular and the great staff that work their. You earn your pay but the management is fair and push you to improve on your education and job skills.
incentives, structure, enjoyable
TELESALES WIRELESS CONSULTANT (Former Employee), tulsa, oklahomaMay 9, 2015
Pros: fun enjoyable grerat insurance
Cons: mangement, team environment
I enjoyed my time there I just didn't like the sales dept. I started off in customer service which was nice but wanted to make more money and sales was the quickest avenue but it was my slice of pie.
Ok
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 5, 2015
Was a fine company but not can be more difficult to hit numbers and depends on who you know and what they like. leadership potential
Productive and fun work experiment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Waukesha, WisconsinMay 4, 2015
Pros: the opportunities to move up with in the company
Cons: hours
I will help customers with explanation of a bill,and takings payments. Changing plans for the customer as well as educating customer on different products and services
Great Place to Work
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAMay 4, 2015
Large corporate benefits with small business feel. Great opportunity for advancement. Excellent learning experience that allowed for the perfect amount of travel.
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 30, 2015
Working at US Cellular, I learned a lot about the ethics and day to day operations that go into running a successful business. A typical day at work includes helping customers with any questions they have. The hardest part of the job is staying out of everyone else's problems and focusing solely on yourself and the business. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers and having them leave satisfied.
busy incoming call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 30, 2015
I provided customer support for a cellular company. Disconnecting and changing out phone lines, taking bill payments, plan changes or just simply answering the customers questions. Also had to handle the customer complaints and that is when I realized I am good at diffusing customers.
it has its ups and downs
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Athens, TNApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: terrible management
Job security is a joke. They say they don't motivate by fear but they do. Entire time I've worked there, management has been unstable and turn over rate has been high. The location I work at is never fully staffed. But my co workers are pleasant and helpful. And the customers are great.
Bad changes, bad management training
retail wireless consultant (Former Employee), Sevierville, TNApril 26, 2015
Pros: free cell service, meet lots of people, great benefits, great pay if you are a good salesman
Cons: quotas getting out of hand for customer traffic, sets 40%+ up for failure, management, upper managment
Worked for the company for 2 years, in Wisconsin and Tennessee. Loved the company from the start. Then after my move to Tennessee the managers who approved my transfer all either transferred or quit. And then I got to meet the new breed of management. Management positions to these guys were mere stepping stones, one was only there 6 months never took much time to even do his existing job and still got another promotion, then the sales manager below him got promoted, after dozens of complaints by every worker. Management always makes promises about advancement, but never comes through, too afraid to lose their position when somebody who wants to do the job comes along. If this company gets back to its core, then it will be a great place to work again, but as of now, too many people in charge not caring about anything as long as the numbers are there. But if you're a sales loving person who needs some more experience to get the position you really want. Use this experience to your advantage. I did.
Fun environment with many benefits
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Mount Airy, NcApril 25, 2015
Pros: Commission, prizes for meeting goals, freedom
Cons: short breaks
I work with some amazing people who function well as a team. My managers are very friendly and make coming to work enjoyable.
Pure sales job
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Southern, WVApril 18, 2015
Pros: Schedule
Cons: pay system
You whole goal is to sell no matter what. If you can do that great but if you can not good luck. Regardless of customer flow or too many salesmen on the floor or even the system down you still have to put numbers up. This leads to back handed salesmen with management that doesn't care so long as the store makes its numbers. Customers should ask plenty of questions because if you dont ask we wont tell you how this new plan or phone hurts you in the long run.
Great company
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 13, 2015
Good pay with the company and benefits. Also U.S. Cellular was a company that made sure to keep you updated with the product and service.
Not somewhere you'd want to depend on
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Muskogee, OkApril 12, 2015
Pros: Commission
Cons: Poorly trained management. Politics
A typical day of work at US cellular consists of very irrational customers with irrational cell phone account questions. Ranging from why videos takes up their data to why they're never coming to your store again.

I learned this company is all about the numbers. When you achieving quota goals you're god's gift to the company, however if you come up short just one month there are consequences.

Management here brings to mind one word: politics. The management within the company has been built from years of steady politics. Looking for a manager with a degree? Won't find one. Most of the management is untrained and work very little if at all with employees to attain goals. The management when hit with a problem typically give the "deer in headlights" look and expect associates to handle them on their own because of "employee empowerment" or lets call it what it really is " observe and report".

Co-workers generally consist of fairly intelligent people. Ones that have been around the block with customer service. However in this area where commission is involved you'll learn the very definition of cutthroat and backstabbing.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customer base. The company is known for being a rural area company, and the rural communities aren't generally the most educated nor friendly. Although the politics and kissing of rears may come in close 2nd.

The paycheck is definitely the best part of the job. If one sales well one will be compensated very well.
Commission-based retail sales
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 9, 2015
If you are interested in excelling in the wireless sales field, US Cellular provides a wide range of experience.

Retail hours can include any day of the week,m so flexibility is a must.

The majority of the management I've encountered have provided a fair and accommodating work environment.
Great place to work and improve skills vital to business world.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Coralville, IAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Part time benefits (paid vacation, sick days, education reimbursement, etc;)
Cons: Hectic environment at times, constant changes
Work with 3-20 customers per day. Multi-tasking on anything from sales to financial review. Inventory management as well as cash management close out each shift. Great ability to interact and work with all levels of management. Great company culture, and a great D.O.
US Cellular is the best place to work on Earth
District Sales Manager (Chicago Sales) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 3, 2015
US Cellular was by far the best work experience that I could have ever received. I was afforded an opportunity to grow up personally and professionally here, clearly defining who I am, what I want and actively living out my life's purpose.
Probably is a fantastic company to work for, just not at my store.
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Mount Airy, NCApril 3, 2015
Pros: Pay and commison aren't bad, 7 paid holidays per year, company sponsored health insurance, flexibilty.
Cons: Managment, angry customers, gossip.
I work for U.S. Cellular through an authorized retailer. A typical day at work for me consists of punching in and waiting for customers to come pay their bill or purchase a phone or accessory, and calling customers in the meantime to pitch new deals an promotions. As far as management is concerned, and I do not know how management at other locations are, but at my location, the manager is toxic and very difficult to be around, which makes the job much harder for me and everyone else because we all work with the manager almost every day. The manger gossips all day long, talks badly about every employee's significant others (I have no idea why) and also talks badly about the customers as soon as they walk out the door. The manager is in no way, shape or form a "leader", but rather a "boss". My other co-workers are fantastic and they're a big part of the reason I am still there. Also, in all my years working, I have never heard the word "fired" tossed around so frequently. Job security here in non existent because it's like the manger gets a kick out of firing people. I understand we have a quota to meet, but its personal at my store. If the manager decides they do not like you anymore, it's over. Two have been fired in the past two months. In all honesty, this job is a classic case of "golden handcuffs". The only reason I am working here is because the paycheck is good and I am a full time employee, but currently I am searching for something better. What started out as a great job full of excitement, slowly but surely took a turn for the worst. What I have learned from working here is if something seems too good to be true, it's because it typically is.
Good Culture turned in wrong direction
CUSTOMER SERVICE COACH (Former Employee), iowaMarch 29, 2015
Spent a good 7 years there and company started out in the right direction. Towards end of my time there company lost touch with what is important.
Excellent Plce to work
Sales Coach/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay, bonuses and training programs
Cons: Laid off
The company left Illinois due to unforeseen circumstances, but if you can get a job at this company in another state, you will be proud.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Cellular

United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone – Read more