U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Found 1,252 reviews matching the search
High Demand
Mass Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Used to be an open and positive environment. The company has changed a lot over the past 6 years. The bottom line matters more than employees now. Different, not better.
Fast paced Workplace
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 22, 2017
Over the course of 8 years with USCC it was great to be able to grow and climb the corporate ladder. Each job i performed was rewarding. The organization is all about the customer and what we stand to deliver on our customers needs. It is almost like the organization sees you as you would want to be treated yourself. My leadership team always asked for input to better our work experience and took feedback with grace. Towards the end of my time with USCC It was more stressful being in management due to the high demand of sales. I feel that there was more churn for leadership than associates due to skip level leadership. If I had the chance to work for this organization again I totally would but possibly in a different field. I regret to say my relocation had caused me to move out of USCC's footprint causing my resignation. All in all it was a great company to work for with amazing benefits and family like atmosphere amongst colleagues.
Pros
flexibility, internal growth, dynamic organization, great benefits
Cons
overworked for salaried employees, work life balance
Great Company With Great Opportunities!
Network Engineer (Reliability) (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 21, 2017
I really enjoy working for US Cellular and am proud of our culture and ethics! We strive to put the customer first and exceed their expectations every day!
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Leadership
Cons
Highly Competitive Market
Great company employee oriented
Sr Network Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NC 28803September 21, 2017
Great place to work had to relocate to help elderly parents would work there again if I had the chance to in the future. great supervisor one of the best
Pros
great pay
Cons
work life balance
Agent owner
Owner of 3 Authorized Agent locations (Former Employee) –  Elikn, Sparta and DublinSeptember 20, 2017
I was a Agent Owner had 3 location with a one hundred and 75 mile range. Had about 15 employments was a great company to work for. They gave you all tools you needed to succeed.
Pros
Agent Owner
Cons
Agent Owner
Decent pay but poorly managed
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 18, 2017
I think the overall company is solid, but poorly run. Micromanaged tightly. You will work almost every weekend. The store I was based out of was in the mall so you had to work mall hours, so if the mall was open the store has to be open.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management work almost every weekend
Positive place to work
Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company, It was a fast paced environment and allowed me to grow in my customer service skills. I advanced in learning data entry and resolving issues for customers. The management was great. I can say there was no hard part of the job, as I needed assistance in something, there was always supervision when needed to help me. I looked forward to going to work every day was different and challenging in a positive way.
Pros
sensitive to parenting needs
Cons
very little
Way too much stress not enough training or assistance from management for success
Business Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 12, 2017
If you like being banded a laptop and sent on your way to make sales have at it. Not a fan of sent out to sea without help. Lots of hours and driving.
I do not wish to provide a summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 11, 2017
The company is very inconsistent. Every manager you ask will provide you a different answer. The managers do not know the answers to any questions. The company is not ran efficiently.
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 10, 2017
enjoyed working there had an opportunity to meet many different people, the work culture was great and the team was also fun to work with. Management was laid back.
Pros
free cell phone
Cons
working weekends and holidays
Great Company with a great culture
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 7, 2017
Great company to work for and they strongly support employees having a great work/life balance. They are very generous with vacation, personal and sick time and more importantly they expect you to use it.
Small company doing Big things
Business Sales (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work if you want to work hard. Compensation was fair, but limited for those wanting to excel. Numbers and policies were the primary focus. Former CEOs had a true focus on the employees and customers. Policies and procedures have tripped up the field from accomplishing goals.
Pros
Free phone and use, great people
Cons
VP of Sales was an Analyst rather than a Sales person, so his experience in the field wasn't always accurate of useful
Stressful workplace but great salary
Retail Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 6, 2017
If you can handle a stressful workplace, U.S. Cellular offers great compensation and benefits. It was great pay but the stressful work environment was taxing after a few years.
Pros
Great Pay, Benefits and Paid Time Off
Cons
Stressful, High Employee Turnover, Poor Management
fun place to work, employee discounts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 6, 2017
It was a great place to work, fast paced and no day was similar to any other. The hardest part for me was the varying hours. One minute you work till 9pm. The next day you are done at 5pm. It made it hard to have a good work life balance. this was important to me at the time because I was starting a family.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 5, 2017
Alerted customers to upcoming sales events and promotions.
Effectively managed a high-volume of inbound and outbound customer calls.
Addressed and resolved customer product complaints empathetically and professionally.
Gathered and verified all required customer information for tracking purposes.
Defused volatile customer situations calmly and courteously.
Accurately documented, researched and resolved customer service issues.
Mastery of customer service management systems and databases.
Managed customer calls effectively and efficiently in a complex, fast-paced and challenging call
center environment.
Resolved service, pricing and technical problems for customers by asking clear and specific
questions.
Managed high call volume with tact and professionalism.
Pros
no thanks
Cons
no thanks
Lack of Advancement Opportunities for Leaders
Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 5, 2017
Low work life balance, favors relationships vs contributions, inconsistent coaching and corrective action. Promotes Employee Empowerment but will also reprimand associates if they do not fully agree with associates decisions.
Pros
Benefits and vacations
Cons
Work Life Balance, Inconsistent and sometimes poor leadership, unable to use vacation
Great learning and work experience
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Keyser, WVSeptember 3, 2017
The upper management did not seem to care much for lower management. There was a lack of communication. The back office always seemed to have something else going on.
Pros
Learning and training expereince
Cons
Good place to work, management heavy.
Microwave Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 1, 2017
Great place to work, if you like unstructured and open work environment. If you need structure and order this may not be your place. Leadership is stressed in this organization but not all managers are up to par.
Healthy Culture \ High Expectation
Senior Manager - IS Release and Project Delivery (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILAugust 30, 2017
Overall good culture and leadership. Continuous change. High Expectations and Accountability. Been risk adverse in the past but is changing. Need to evolve as a company to compete well in the market place and need associates that can evolve and are open to change and are willing to drive change.
Pros
Good leadership, Open and Honest Culture
Cons
High Expectations and Accountability
Chill enviroment
Business Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 30, 2017
Serves as key support for to the organization’s business channel providing primary, direct support to the business account sales executive team. Responsible for management and maintenance of a book of accounts. Leverages the organization’s CRM platform to manage customer records. Assist the business account sales executive sales team in the preparation of account reviews for existing accounts and proposals for new accounts. Researches billing issues. Coordinates and provides support for vendor site visits, customer training sessions, onsite implementations.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.