U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Found 1,032 reviews matching the search
Great place to work if you don't have kids or a life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 2, 2016
Started there last year when I was pregnant. They were flexible and I was blessed with an awesome and supportive leader. However, they started this yearly shift bid and refuse to Work with me on changing it though part of our dynamic is flexibility. I am upset and will soon be leaving a the schedule does not work at all for me.
Pros
Awesome leaders, good benefits, upgraded smart desks
Cons
Breastfeeding accommodations, schedules
Team Environment
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed helping customers with their accounts and loved being part of a team environment. US Cellular had terrific benefits however it was very difficult to advance from a Financial Service Representative.
Pros
Other Employees and Benefits
Cons
Difficult to advance
Enjoyed the customer service aspect
Retail Wireless Consultant at the Madison (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 28, 2016
Enjoyed teaching customers how to use their new cellular devices. Company was too focused on sales over overall customer service.
Pros
Fun working with the latest tech toys. Got some free lunches.
Cons
Focused more on commission sales over customer service.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 21, 2016
Everyone was treated fairly and with respect. It was a very diverse setting. Very clean and organized. Moving up in the company was available all the time.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Last minutes changes about rules or policies
organized
Senior Customer Service Representative - Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 17, 2016
I was able to learn more about how to de-escalate irate customers and learned how to apply my empathy skills not only in my work life but in my personal life as well.
Good culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 13, 2016
You meet alot of new people that keeps the environment fun. Not a good place for work/life balance due to the hours of operation, not enough staff that causes mandatory shift bids.
I don't want to provide any information
Sr. Financial Analyst, Incentive Compensation (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2016
I don't want to do a survey. I am looking for jobs. Thw people are great, the advancement opportunities are non-existent
Good job for sales and good benefits
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNNovember 8, 2016
The job itself was good and laid back, hourly compensation is not great, commision was really good when you could get it. Main part of that "when you could" you get wrote up if you don't also and then will get fired if you don't for three months. I had sold before, at a competitor and hit quota every month I was there. I went to multiple sales training and meetings for us cellular but you can't sell something that doesn't get service five minutes down the road from where your trying to sell it which isn't fair, it's not fair on quota nor on you commissions. Also I watched an employee that had been there 6 years apply for 3 management positions she had the highest sales and was great with attendance and got turned down for all. The advancement opportunity is not there
Pros
When ur in a city where u can sale it's good money
Cons
If your in city where is cellular is awful u can't sale and end up fired
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WINovember 8, 2016
Same days are busy and some are slow. Helping customer's with upgrading phones, coming over from other providers, and with general device questions or concerns they might have. I've learned a lot about phones and how they work and operate. The management is great no problems there. Great people to work with on a daily basis. My co-workers are a blast and we have a lot of fun conversations on down times. The hardest part of the job is taking care of everyone that comes in at one time if there are a lot at once and only only 2 people working. The most enjoyable part is that I do get to work with some of my closest friends and coming across different people on a daily basis. It's the best part of working in customer service!
Over all good company with major companies like AT & T to work against
DBA (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILNovember 8, 2016
Customer support including end users and internal application users. Lots of technologies including Oracle, Exadata, different type of storage, mongoDB. Oncall can be very busy.
Fun environment with great people and even better customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2016
Great place to work! Hours are constantly changing and leadership is awesome. Great pay and benefits and even better commission
Good Company to work
PRODUCTION SUPPORT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILNovember 7, 2016
Good Company to work with. Good work culture and ethics.People are nice and hard working.Management listen to workers and act accordingly.Good Benefits along with Pay.
Pros
Good benefits
Absolutely amazing staff
Lead Data Governance ( Data Quality / Metadata ) (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILNovember 5, 2016
Absolutely amazing staff , hardworking people . Always improving and introducing innovative technology and the leaders are very supportive. A good organization to learn and grow with.
Customer focused, extremely busy workplace.
Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILNovember 4, 2016
Project and Project Manager driven environment. Staff extremely busy working multiple cross projects. Work-life balance and management of assignments could be improved.
Solutions Consultant - Retention (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 4, 2016
Working at US Cellular is great. It has a great culture and is an amazing place to gain skills and educational advances to help further your career within the company or outside of the company. They are very supportive of education and the development of employees.
awesome work/life balance
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 2, 2016
us cellular is a fun, professional environment. work/life balance is a plus. pay rate is excellent. career advancement, training, benefits for part time sales associates.
Great Work Life balance
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2016
Great Work Life balance, Flexibility and work arrangements for individuals. Inclusive and Diverse. Great office space and work environment
Strong leadership capability with no micro management
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, VANovember 1, 2016
working hours not conducive if not a single person working the job-otherwise, likeable company with a strong mission statement
great bonuses
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 31, 2016
very nice place to work. you can go to anyone with a problem.they treat you like a family,good perks if you do a good job you get great bonuses which is how all companies should work
Pros
lot of overtime great incentive program
Brief review
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEOctober 30, 2016
Excellent location for sales and commission. Training is adequate but there is a lot to learn first hand while on the job. Proper facing and consultation of customer accounts is essential to obtaining new clients and support those who are currently provided service.
Pros
Management is great, work environment great
Cons
Commission ranking can be skewed with PT employees in high saturated locations