U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Found 1,138 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 21, 2017
Very customer and employee friendly. They really take care of you here! They offer a pension program, 401K, and many, many other benefits, including two weeks of vacation, and one week of personal time per year, to start! Best job I've had since I retired from the Navy!!
work family
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 19, 2017
I definitely have a work family at US Cellular. I love my co workers. The company always keep their employees in mind when making big decisions. The benefits and pay are amazing! Work life balance is hard only because it is retail. Your schedule is always different and you may be stuck late if a customer decides to come in at closing time.
Pros
pay!
Cons
schedule
okay
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 14, 2017
it was a nice place to work Environment . Friendly people to work with . they offered good bonuses . workers received free cell phones which was a plus.
Basic Retail Sales with Good Benefits
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 14, 2017
One part sales and one part customer service. The sales channel changes focus multiple times a year. So it is hard to balance the needs of my customers with the needs of my paycheck.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
High Turn Over
Not worth the effort
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 13, 2017
I've worked in a number of sales positions and never lacked the leadership to make sales, but here it is like management is in place to stop sales. Zero work/life balance, expected to work ridiculous schedule....good luck getting days off that aren't planned 6 months in advance. It doesn't matter if you can sell, you'll be chastised for not doing it the "US Cellular" which is however your manager is feeling that day. It's hard to believe this company is even profitable
Pros
Co-workers were decent people
Cons
Managament, culture, meetings
nice flexable hrs
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 11, 2017
great place to work with great team members. flexible hrs. easy job, great upper management, can take your lunch brake whenever you want, and pay is okay.
Excellent organization to work for. They put the customers needs truely first
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, Ok. 74146April 11, 2017
Put in notice. Great relationships with manager and upper management. Needing to relocate due to family member being diagnosed with stage two Alzheimers.
Pros
Great work enviroment and atmosphere to work in.
Cons
I cant think of any. They truely care about their employees
Bad on all levels
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEApril 10, 2017
Bad training, by bad I mean no training. Management has no clue.an age mentioned complaining to sales staff that 130+ % of goal attainment isn't enough. Management acts like a toddler in line for cookies and whines that they have to wait for 2 others first.

I could go on and on, however like us cellular, it's not worth my time.
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Infinite
decent pay if you are committed to work
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 9, 2017
As long as you hit your quota pay is great.

Managers are not qualified and get moved up based on politics

Promotions are also based on politics

Scheduling is not flexible at all, so if you are trying to spend time with your family this is not the place
Growing company
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 9, 2017
other employees great to work with, multiple locations doing business in many different markets. Flexible benefit package, profit sharing option available
Pros
Staffing
N/a
Customer Service/ Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 9, 2017
Us Cellar is the best Company by far that I have worked for. They sincerely care about their customers and the value their employees from entry level to leadership. It's just an amazing company.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 7, 2017
Needed better training program. The company asked people to resign before the training program even ended. I got 3 out of 6 weeks of training being told that I was on target, and then when I started my fourth week, they asked me to resign because I was not on target and could not move forward in the company.
Very productive company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 6, 2017
I loved working with US Cellular. We would come into the office and have a motivation meeting. There was always someone there to assist the employees with the customers or with their needs. The people that I worked with very friendly and helpful. The company had many rewards for the employees.

The benefits were awesome. The management was superb.
Pros
Flexible work schedules, recognitions and awards
Great employer
TAX SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (SENIOR II) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60601April 6, 2017
US Cellular is a great company to work for. Great work culture ,continuous Improvement is the focus , Customer satisfaction the primary focus., great for associates.
Pros
Great workplace
great place to work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 5, 2017
awesome culture and great leaders I was blessed with 12 years here. Goals can get unattainable at times. Leadrs support for teams is second to none. culturally one of the best
Great Experience
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60631April 3, 2017
I was at USCC for a short duration but learned a lot. A great work environment and great leadership. I suggest working here if given the opportunity.
Great company to work for
Senior Revenue Accountant II, Finance Group (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2017
Cross training and transfer to other team is very flexible a the Company. I liked the workplace culture and management. During busy season, you need to expect very long hours but their compensation is great.
Good benefits, fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 29, 2017
I got along great with my fellow employees. I learned a lot by working here. The pay was good, and we also got compassion so it was worth it. Good benefits and flexible hours. I'm glad I was able to work for this company!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No longer in this area
Great company with great benefits
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 28, 2017
I honestly cannot really say much negative about this company. The management is top-notch, the training is in-depth but easy to understand, the compensation and commission are attainable and easy to reach and there is clarity from the top of the company to the reps.
Productive and Fun work place
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 27, 2017
Lots of customers to to make sakes too, commissioned sales and quotas to meet, Great pay and benefits, Medical and dental. Competitive sales. Great Cell Phone service. Free Employee Phone.
Pros
Free Employee Phone and Discount Phone sevice.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.