U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews in United States

This is a very productive place to work
Sold cell phones (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NC 27320May 29, 2016
I loved working at U.S. Cellular. It was a lot of fun selling the phones. Learning how to activate them & making the customers happy by the time they left.
Pros
You get commissions
Cons
Sometimes you don't get lunches
Good "stepping stone" job
Store Manager/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIMay 23, 2016
This job is great for anyone that wants a higher pay with not so much educational experience, to help provide for your family while getting an education for a more long term permanent career.
A great place to work!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMay 23, 2016
U.S. Cellular is a great place to work! Its a fast paced and highly rewarding work environment that allows for room to grow with the company.
Exellent work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Galax, VAMay 20, 2016
I was so sad when I had to leave us cellular managers and the cow workers are amazing people to work with and for.

If would still be there if I didn't;t had to leave the state.
Awesome Place to Work
Operations Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
Company that focuses on the associates. The culture is great. Benefits are awesome. The focus is on developing it's people to become leaders.
Fun, fast pace work environment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WIMay 16, 2016
Working at U.S. Cellular was a great experience, a very diverse work place where people from different backgrounds come together for one common goal
Pros
Lots
Cons
Micro Management
Amazing and fulfilling company
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILMay 12, 2016
Working for US Cellular was one of my better decisions in life. I appreciate all of the support i receive if my numbers are not met on any given month.
First Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIMay 3, 2016
Boy's and Girl's Club, allowed different companies to be picked for internship throughout the summer. Assignments were based on region you lived in and I ended up at U.S. Cellular.
Hectic
Service Tech/Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianola, IAMay 1, 2016
Cons:
No structure
New company software implementation has made it very difficult

Pros:
Great pay
Management opportunities
easy relocation
excellent customers
Good enviroment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2016
Nice place to work. Great people. I really enjoyed it. I loved working with customers as well as finding new ways to motivate staff and make the job fun.
Pros
Great benefits, bonus plus commission
Cons
Nothing really i loved the culture.
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2016
Stage the products for customer view and testing, take payments, setting customer up for new services and upgrading. Staying current on all new products and services offered @ usc.
Pros
Great management, great co-workers fun, fun.
Cons
Left Chicago Market
productive fun work place, great break area
Direct Inside Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILApril 28, 2016
Great people, great company. focused on employees and the customers. checking to make sure customers services are current and renewing contract as needed. introducing customer to new products and services.
Pros
Productive fun, nice break areas
Cons
left the chicago market
Great place to work with great benefits
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 25, 2016
This job requires you to learn and develop new skills and sales strategies every day. It requires you to conduct account analysis, make phone calls to current customers, maintain open and effective communication with customers, co-workers, and management. The most challenging aspect of this job is learning to create a balance between time management and customer service. In that, you must be able to effectively assist customers while other customers are waiting. The best part of the job is the pay and benefits. You will become a professional at working under commissions and pressure. Management is great at developing employees.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Retail hours
Company Truly Values Its Employees
Cashier-Greeter (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCApril 21, 2016
If you are lucky enough to work in a corporate location, not an agent one, then you will find that US Cellular goes above and beyond to take care of its employees. In my opinion, you will only truly be successful if you have a good work ethic, high moral values, and truly care about the customer. US Cellular is all about building customer loyalty through strong customer engagement.

My managers really care about us. They do everything they can to encourage their team to produce good results. It's a highly competitive company, but even the higher ups are amazing. They remember your name and face and attend workshops (which you get paid mileage to attend). I absolutely love when we get higher up visitors, which isn't something most employees for other companies can say.

The only downside I can say is that in the position of the cashier greeter, you do have to pick up a lot of slack from the sales team. This is a common experience from cashier greeters, from what I have gathered at our workshops. It can get overwhelming at times, but it's worth it overall.
Pros
Healthcare, Bonuses, Compensation, Management, Recognition, Company Provided Cell Phone
Cons
If you're a cashier greeter, you tend to do more work than what is necessary.
Good cell phone company
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 20, 2016
Team work, great co-workers, a great deal of information to learn, very supportive company, great benefits.

Leaders use your strengths to help you grow as a person...
acheiving sales quota on mothnly basis very easily
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed working with customers, very simple to sell a cellular device. Although it was also a very slow pace environment, I like to maintain my self occupied.
Pros
slow pace work flow
Cons
very good commision structure
Great company culture!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 14, 2016
No two days are the same. A job in sales is likely the most challenging with the company. The industry has become volatile and difficult to succeed. The people are the best part of the job.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Many hoops to jump through to succeed
good benefits
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 12, 2016
good pay and good place to work
must have strong CS skills
must have the ability to adapt to change
good coworkers
steady work
fast paced
Cons
low work life balance
Great company, fun environment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 11, 2016
Install HVAC duct work, brazed, insulated duct lines and copper lines, demolition. learned the basics of HVAc installation. dabbled in the technician aspect.
Great work environment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOApril 6, 2016
Had great experience that was able to allow me to advance into a management setting for Sprint when I changed jobs. Provided a great work ethic and model of work that I continue to use.