U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Found 1,065 reviews matching the search
A wonderful and fun place to work
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILJanuary 15, 2017
Greet customers as they come in, take and process payments. Would help the customer as much as I could including selling accessories. Enjoyed what I did, enjoyed the customers and the people that I worked with. The hardest part was when US Cellular went to a new billing system and working through the challenges while dealing with frustrated and angry customers. The other hard part was leaving when the support staff positions were eliminated.
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses, weekend challenges
Cons
on your feet all day
Cutting edge employment
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 18, 2017
• Service business customers on daily requests
• Assist outside and inside sales representatives on daily tasks
• Manage book of assigned accounts
• Rate plan analysis, contract renewals
• Account visits, device deployment, on site trainings
• Whole account resigns, negotiate terms of agreements
• Daily contact with account holders to resolve billing/account issues
• Grow existing account with new products and services
Great place to work if you don't have kids or a life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 2, 2016
Started there last year when I was pregnant. They were flexible and I was blessed with an awesome and supportive leader. However, they started this yearly shift bid and refuse to Work with me on changing it though part of our dynamic is flexibility. I am upset and will soon be leaving a the schedule does not work at all for me.
Pros
Awesome leaders, good benefits, upgraded smart desks
Cons
Breastfeeding accommodations, schedules
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WINovember 8, 2016
Same days are busy and some are slow. Helping customer's with upgrading phones, coming over from other providers, and with general device questions or concerns they might have. I've learned a lot about phones and how they work and operate. The management is great no problems there. Great people to work with on a daily basis. My co-workers are a blast and we have a lot of fun conversations on down times. The hardest part of the job is taking care of everyone that comes in at one time if there are a lot at once and only only 2 people working. The most enjoyable part is that I do get to work with some of my closest friends and coming across different people on a daily basis. It's the best part of working in customer service!
Professional and friendly work enviorment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 20, 2016
From the first day i walked into USCC to the last, this expierence has been nothing short of incredible. as we all know the first day is always a challenge in a new workforce, USCC found a way to make the transition into a new workplace fun, educational and rewarding. learning a new way of doing things can be challenging, with an open mind and a willingness to learn and succed i excelled rapidly in the USCC environment and was handed multiple projects which i completed on or before the desired deadlines.
Pros
an incredible, professional Project Management team.
Cons
due to company policies i max out my three consecutive contracts and had to go on a furlough
Brief review
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEOctober 30, 2016
Excellent location for sales and commission. Training is adequate but there is a lot to learn first hand while on the job. Proper facing and consultation of customer accounts is essential to obtaining new clients and support those who are currently provided service.
Pros
Management is great, work environment great
Cons
Commission ranking can be skewed with PT employees in high saturated locations
The company has a dynamic culture and is a solid work space.
Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2016
US Cellular has provided me with many good experiences and multiple opportunities to grow over the last 20 years and I was saddened to have to leave it. They pride themselves on having excellent customer service and even though there was a time when they changed billing systems that it suffered, they have since recovered and provide some of the better customer service of all the carriers.
Pros
Customer service, knowledgeable sales staff
Cons
There are not stores in all the states
A fun modern cutting edge cell phone provider
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 13, 2016
Sold new service and set up accounts and provided customer service for existing cell phone customers. Identified and resolved cell phone billing disputes. Kept advanced and updated product knowledge.

Management was not transparent and job status and security were poor. Training for the job was incomplete and unsatisfactory.

Co-workers were very enjoyable, it was a fun team environment.
Building relationships with customers on the phone during each call was very enjoyable.
Pros
The income was perfect
Cons
Poor management and inadequate training, unsatisfactory support
Pay well - but no balance
Director, CORE Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILDecember 11, 2016
The IT organization has been mis-managed with a new VP in November 2015. All but 3 of 12 Directors have turned over in the past two years - leading to management mistrust, which is also why they have to "overpay" to get people in, so if you want high pay with no stability - this is the place.

Turnover very high.
Pros
Location - it isn't downtown.
Cons
Fast paced and productive environment
Customer Service/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 20, 2016
I would describe a typical day as very fast paced and energetic with more than 50+ calls. I learned to be patient and to build a rapport with the customers which serves as a smoother transition into whichever issue they may be experiencing. Management was hands on but very supportive which also helped to build my confidence. The hardest part of the job was the call volume as they were nonstop however, it was great opportunity to build different skillsets like active listening multitasking, and technical support. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was introducing new products that a customer may not have realized they needed which resulted in sales and incentives and providing care to customers.
Pros
Incentive Program
Not worth the stress
Consultant and Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJanuary 6, 2017
The sales goals are not based on the area of your store so if your not in a very good area you don't have much job security. The culture changed just before I was fired, the only focus was to sell not on service. In fact many times our manager's solution to someone was just to sell them something and ignore the problem they came in for.
Good Solid Company
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, IADecember 19, 2016
Long hours, strict adherence to schedule. Overall good interaction and opportunities to learn and advace. Became too politically correct for me. Was let go after 9 years. Just grew apart. Difference of ideas on how to manage customers. Best was knowing you took care of the customer, and it was a "WIN-WIN" for all involved.
Productive and fun working place
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2016
The scope of the project was to enhance the system called Equator and LPS System integration that would allow the user to get a comprehensive view of workflow and process of the Fannie Mae guidelines in real estate area. I was also involved in analyzing servicing transaction from different mortgage companies and providing reports to the Fannie Mae business. Performed user audits and system parameter changes (Matrix Configuration changes) within the third party applications.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Good Job but High Stress
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Storm Lake, IAJanuary 5, 2017
I have been with this company my whole adult life, good place to work and good environment. Definitely meant for younger adults/college aged kids. Pay has significantly decreased due to commission changes in the past year.
Pros
Decent Money, Fun Environment, Always Changing
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Stressful customers.
Pays well, but not worth the stress.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 20, 2016
I took typically 200-250 calls per week as a tier 2 Technical Support associate. It was back to back most days. I learned quite a bit about the telecommunications industry, which is something I am very grateful for. The management is nice, but uncaring. I saw many people break down and cry on the floor due to customer harassment. and coaches would just awkwardly look away until they stopped or were escorted out of the building. The day to day feeling was generally you versus the customer versus the management.

Co-workers were fantastic people. The pay was fantastic and so were the benefits. Scheduling is a massive problem.
Pros
Pay, benefits, building was nice
Cons
Micromanagement, bad schedules with no real chance of change
Can be fun Must be motivated
Sales Associate/Customer Servic (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAOctober 9, 2016
Fast paced, customers come in and out all times of the day. Not much down time. You must love dealing with the public. Just like any place where you deal with the public you have you good and you have your bad.

What I learned that cell phone sells are not for me.
Pros
If you meet your sales you canmake some money
Cons
You have to meet your sales to make some money
Laid back, easy work.
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCJanuary 15, 2017
I dealt with the public majority of the day. Trying to push sales and get people to sign up with a 2 year contract. The management was laid back, and made you not mind being at work. It was more like home with friends.
Pros
Friendly management.
Cons
Cheap pay vs. other US Cellular companies' salaries.
A fun Place to work. I call it the Google of Cell Phones...
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2016
The atmosphere was positive and inviting. There was never a dull moment at U.S. Cellular because the employees were equipped with the resources to succeed. It was an environment set up for everyone to do well.
Pros
Gift Cards, Bonuses, Free Cell Phone, Weekly Training
Cons
Sold to Sprint
Fun a lot of benefits and plenty of support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 28, 2016
The job is micromanaged like all call centers. I learned a lot about computers, customer service, and diversity working here. I loved talking to the customers because U.S. Cellular is all about customer service.
Benefits
Cons
Coworker evaluations and judging
Enjoyed the customer service aspect
Retail Wireless Consultant at the Madison (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 28, 2016
Enjoyed teaching customers how to use their new cellular devices. Company was too focused on sales over overall customer service.
Pros
Fun working with the latest tech toys. Got some free lunches.
Cons
Focused more on commission sales over customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.