U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Found 1,119 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fun work place
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 27, 2017
Lots of customers to to make sakes too, commissioned sales and quotas to meet, Great pay and benefits, Medical and dental. Competitive sales. Great Cell Phone service. Free Employee Phone.
Pros
Free Employee Phone and Discount Phone sevice.
Cons
Very fun place to work and compnsate well
Senior Customer Service Specialist/ Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 27, 2017
The company had a great environment to work in. Everyone, mostly everyone spoke, management was very helpful, a lot of room for advancement, and a great comfortable building to work in.
Good Work Environment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMarch 22, 2017
The hours aren't the best and you have weekly meetings. The people I worked with were great but one manager began to bring the culture down. That, combined with my long commute led me to leave.
laid back job
Shift Lead/CSR (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 22, 2017
The atmosphere at work was always acceptable. Upper management played a great role in helping my career. Lunches and breaks were always fun and refreshing.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no cons
Great Company
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMarch 21, 2017
The days can be tough at times but overall a great company to work for and the customers are amazing. I learned so much about myself as a sales person working at US Cellular.
activating cellular service
Sale consultant (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 21, 2017
- assisting customers with phones, service and techinical problems.
- I learn the pros and cons of the phone systems.
- Managment was not involved in everyday work.
-Team oriented
- the pay was not the best.
- team work was the best part of the job.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
payrate
Fun
Retail Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 21, 2017
Very fun place to work but the pay could be better. Lack of management at the location I worked at. Pay is decent if it's a first time job but if you're someone who's looking to make good money that might not be the place
Good Company
Retail Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2017
Company has a high focus on the customer experience. Expectations are high for associates and leaders but manageable. As demands have increase due to aggressive promotions budgets and goals have also increased. One must own your business to be truly successful but associate development through coaching to behaviors is evident with leadership in most locations.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2017
The customers and employees are what made this one of the best places to work because it was never a dull moment in there. I learned things that i never knew about phones, how to fix them and much more.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
no benefits
Productive and high energy
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILMarch 17, 2017
I love working at US Cellular. The environment is great and never a dull moment. The benefits are great and the pay is decent. The employees are amazing like one big happy family. They are also very supportive, there is a lot of information to obtain and things are always changing in this industry. Everyone helps each other with questions, customers, and obtaining goals.
Pros
Healthcare, free lunches, employee contests
Cons
Schedule varies
Productive place to work with great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 16, 2017
US Cellular is a great company to work for. they offer competitive pay with great benefits. They have a great open door policy and employees/managers are all friendly
Productive, educational caring environment
FSR, Credit Rep, Course Manager - Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 14, 2017
US Cellular 'truly' cares for its staff and customers. They provide 'clarity' for staff and customers and strive to please them both. The staff is empowered to make executive decisions based upon the need of the customer, company and staff. There is micro management based upon continual monitoring via each call but the monitoring is utilized to coach and not negatively impact the associate (employee) US Cellular is a great place to work and they care about their associates (employees) based upon the enormous vacation, sick and personal days they immediately allow right after training. What I learned is how to properly 'firmly, soothingly, respectfully, coerce' customers to paying their bills. The culture is ok, not as diverse as I would like it to be as far as minorities being advanced to supervisory and management positions. The hardest part of my job was leaving it when my department relocated to another state. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing a company truly cared for me via ample vacation, sick time, personal time and how we were able to notify the company of our absences via the automated system.
Pros
Working environment, hours, vacation time allowed
Cons
Not enough minorities in management
Good job for young people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEMarch 14, 2017
I though this job was extremely boring. You sit at a station surf the web and wait for customers to walk in, and that's when you strike! I just couldn't get behind our product and I'm not a big fan of phones. One time our manage actually made us cold call people which didn't turn out well.
Pros
Good for lazy people
Cons
Not good for workers
High intensity workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCMarch 14, 2017
As any sales job is, this is purely about the numbers you put up. There are personal development programs for leadership and great benefits but the major fault is lower management and the terrible software the company uses. There are always problem with the system or plans and there is rarely an answer to the situation.
Pros
Upper management is Amazing and works through adversity
Cons
Lower management and company software
Good Place To Work With Even Better Compensation
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCMarch 13, 2017
Great environment to work in because of the people you work with. Everyone tries to keep a sense of humor about things in the face of an ever-changing industry. Hourly plus generous commission. High stress work environment but it is sales. Recommended but you must be driven.
Pros
Compensation, workplace culture
Cons
Job stress, work-life balance
Fun workspace, with lots of knowledge
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2017
A typical day at work as answering calls, and ensuring customer were happy. I have learned more about what truly makes a happy customer, along with the troubleshooting of phones.
Great Job
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 11, 2017
This job is one of the most joyful jobs we have ever had. The company is behind you with so many choices. It gives you all the tools to grow as a person.
Comfortable and laid back work envirnment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 9, 2017
Taking inbound calls helping customers understand billing issues, helping troubleshoot device and resolve issues. keeping up with the newest devices and educating customers on them when necessary
Horrible
Management (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 9, 2017
At one time this was a good company. US Cellular is an immature tattle tale company. The past few years have been spent getting rid of the experience and tenure to bring in less experience for less pay. The is only company I know that promotes you if you are from the state of West Virginia.
Cons
Great Company if you don't want a life
Workforce Planning - Forecasting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2017
They demand a lot of you. There is more expected than what they tell you. All they say anticipate a high amount of work and change and be prepared to flow with the punches. Too many days you got into your day with a plan and it gets thrown out the window real fast. When you express concern about workload, your told to learn to manage it. Once your on a document, your on an island by yourself with no support to help guide you. Good Luck
Pros
Plenty of work to keep you busy
Cons
Overwhelming most days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.