U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Employer Reviews

Excellent culture
Enterprise Project Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
U.S. Cellular is a fantastic, Chicago based company. They have a strong leadership team, flexible work life balance and understanding management team.
Productive, Proactive, and a great place to work.
Customer Service Coach (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: awarded productive behaviors, career growth, free popcorn, juice bar, reduced lunch coupons, and front door parking.
Cons: i was not informed of date and time i would be laid off in a timely manner.
A typical day at U.S. Cellular consisted of me printing login/logout reports, reviewing the forecasted service level report, listening/viewing screen shots to determine the strengths and
opportunity areas of my twelve associates who reported directly to me, shadowing calls, weekly discovery sessions and weekly team huddles discussing how our I will – more... implement a holistic approach and effective ways to improve their overall call performance, proactively creating projects to build team morale, how to become an effective team player, improve sales numbers, and future career opportunities within the company,corrective action up to separation from the company, and annual reviews.

I learned how to own my learning by holding myself accountable by proactively signing up and participating in the Learning Management courses offered by the company. The benefits of stepping outside of my comfort zone and establish relationships across the company and other call centers.

My management team constantly motivated and pushed me by facilitating weekly meeting regarding my performance as a Customer Service Coach. During each meeting I would discuss my take aways during my previous meeting, and provided my manager with my approach on resolving any/all issues that needed to be fully addressed with my team. My manager modeled the way on how to be a effective Customer Service Coach by consistently demonstrating the values and behaviors of the company and clearly communicating what she expected from me.

My peers and I were very positive individuals, and we had an open door policy regarding being ready and available to assist each other during our time of need.

Initially, the most challenging part of my job was separating associates from the company. However I was able to overcome that challenge by realizing that I provided associates with effective tips on how to connect with our customers, grow our customer base, and provided timely feedback and placed them on a performance improvement plan. The Performance Improvement Plan also included a deadline stating when they will be separated from the company if they choose not to eliminate any/all negative behaviors that negatively impact our business. In doing so, I was able to acknowledge and accept that the associate actually terminated themselves if they did not complete the company's requirements by their deadline.

The most enjoyable part of my job at U.S. Cellular was the ongoing support for career growth and development coupled with the open door policy that was practiced on all corporate levels. – less
Fun place to work with plenty of challenges.
Network Field Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: friendly employee's
Cons: winter driving, and stinging insects.
Everyone I worked with was easy going including management. I learned a lot about managing my time and resources and the telecommunications industry in general. The hardest part of the job I would have to say was being available at any time of day or night to work on various projects, make repairs, or perform routine maintenance. Of course "Telecommunications" – more... is a 24 hour business so that's to be expected. – less
High Volume call center
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 14, 2014
Pros: great people to with with.
Cons: great facility, and employee lunch area.
Handel high volume call assisting customer with billing concerns, upgrade, change of service etc. Which involve mobile devices.
Poductive and fun
Engineering (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 11, 2014
Pros: customer service
We don't just talk teamwork. We live it. We respect each other's contributions, and take ownership for our actions. Even if you don't work directly with customers, you'll support other U.S. Cellular associates so that they, in turn, can consistently provide the level of service our customers have come to expect. Everyone plays an important role.
Very vibrant place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILApril 11, 2014
US Cellular is a great place to work! Great benefits, management has a true open door policy
N/A
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCApril 10, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: no work life balance
most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work wit. hardest part of the job is all the extra things you have to do and keep up with on top of your sales goals
retail store
manager (Former Employee), illinoisApril 10, 2014
the stores are okay to work in yet job security is a concern since they are not doing well in the market. the billing system is hard to work with and causes so many issues with customers. the pay is okay if you are a manager yet is not consistent for wireless consultants.
Great Company to work for
Store manager (Former Employee), Sedalia, MOApril 8, 2014
Pros: pleasent people
Cons: no benefits on the agent side
The People of Us Cellular are all pleasent to work with. Agent channel does not carry benefits
Overall Good Company
SAN Storage and Backup Engineer (Current Employee), Bensenville, ILApril 8, 2014
Pros: invest a lot in new technologies
Cons: na
Good compensation
Good technology, invest a lot in new technology, learning all the time
Always different. Sometimes fast pace sometimes slow.
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 7, 2014
Pros: meeting different people. always different work
Cons: dealing with upset customers. having to live off commission. commission is always questionable.
A typical day at work at US Cellular would be helping customers. Whether finding the best phone or plan that suits their life style, or helping them fix their current phone.
I learned better people skills.
Management tries their best to make it where you're your happiest at work.
My co-workers are great people that I'm glad were brought into my life.
Hardest – more... part of the job would be having to deal with upset customers and trying to stay calm when they're yellling at you for something you have no control over.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the customers who are friendly and you can sit there and talk to like you've known them awhile. Makes the time pass by. – less
fun place to work
customer service rep (Former Employee), waukesha wiApril 3, 2014
great hours great pay.. great people to work with.. great opportunities to move up
U.S. Cellular
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee), Quincy, ILMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work. Learned alot from building relationships and team building. Adjusting to Dynamic and fast paced environments was a must. loved having something new to keep my attention. tHE CULTURE was great.
REVIEW
Retail Wireless Consultant/ Sales and development (Current Employee), Moline, ILMarch 27, 2014
Pros: i love working with people
Cons: i love working with people
A typical day would consist of many interactions with customers on a personal level to make sure their needs are taken care of. We deal in a high traffic sales environment that requires attention to detail and human emotion at all times on all levels. Whether someone wants internet for their home, has technical questions or just flat out does not understand – more... technology as it evolves day by day, we are a jack of all trades to help them. I learn everyday in this environment, as it is always amazing to me to succeed in helping others.
The hardest part of my job would be conflict resolution. I find that in this industry we grow at this particular skill by nature. People resonate with honesty and willingness to help and they can see this in your eyes. I love my job because of how good it feels to work face to face with people and know that I make a difference in their daily lives. – less
I have been able to make a career out of my position at Us Cellular
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Alcoa TennesseeMarch 27, 2014
Greet all customers in a professional, friendly, and timely manner, including answering phones and directing customer inquiries to appropriate party.
• Respond to customer inquiries and process customer requests, including but not limited to name, address and rate changes; suspensions, disconnects, and resumes; taking payments; resolving problems related – more... to equipment, billing, roaming and service; and changes in vertical services.
• Work with customers who indicate a desire to disconnect and perform retention activities to save that customer.
• Troubleshoot equipment issues for customers and process repairs, including but not limited to providing loaner phones, shipping of equipment, and completing the repair cycle.
• Update customer account after every customer interaction.
• Achieve or surpass individual sales targets for portfolio of products and services which would include new customer acquisitions, sale of essentials, and vertical features on a weekly/monthly basis while achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Participate in marketing efforts to solicit new business, including but not limited to outbound calling, community involvement, outreach programs, and promoting the brand inside and outside the store/retail location.
• Responsible for opening, closing and operating the retail facility, including and but not limited to cash handling and deposits as governed by operations control standards.
• Complete accurate paperwork and transactions according to company policies and procedures.
• Assist with inventory counts as needed.
• Assist in maintaining store appearance and individual work area according to the retail store standards.
• Receive and process all payments according to standard procedures.
• Attend all required U.S. Cellular training programs and meetings.
• Assist with all functions within a retail store by complying with U.S. Cellular policies and procedures.
• Assist in other tasks, duties, or projects as assigned by management. – less
US CELLULAR
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAMarch 26, 2014
Loved working for this company. Benefits are great. Some area for growth but varies based on location.
Great Company
Network Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Bedford, NHMarch 26, 2014
Exciting with new technology. Tends to be follower with new products.
very good
DBA in the DB Support Team (Current Employee), Bensenville, ILMarch 25, 2014
Pros: my employer is very good.
Cons: my employer is very good.
my employer is very good.

DBA in the DB Support Team

The culture is good.
Gave Retailers one more chance.
Manager (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 24, 2014
Pros: wonderful team!
Cons: again, no security.
Found out that Retailers were not a desirable path if growth and security is the foundation of your career goal.
great company
IS Management Specialist (Former Employee), chicago, ilMarch 23, 2014
Excellent Company. Treats employees respectfully and rewards excellence.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Cellular

United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone – Read more

U.S. Cellular Photos