U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Never Boring, they hire great people. Compensate well
Sales Manager/Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVNovember 22, 2015
Very teamwork friendly environment. They care about their employees. Large corporation with a lot of advancement opportunities in a variety of departments. Customer facing sales role can be very demanding, but also very rewarding. Constantly changing being in the tech/telecommunications industry so it is never boring or routine.
Pros
base pay plus commission, great benefits
Cons
aggressive sales, little bottom to top feedback opportunities
fun place to work
wireless consultant (Current Employee) –  palmytra, meNovember 17, 2015
So many great options to grow with the company. A lot of benefits with the company in the long run. Customers are always easier to deal with in store.
Fun place to work with excellent compensation!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 17, 2015
US Cellular was an awesome place to work. Unfortunately, they were bought out in the Illinois market. But like a lot of cell phone companies, the ability to make a lot of cash was excellent. If you were talented and more comfortable in the sales field, you can make 6 figure incomes. The atmosphere was positive and fun. If they were still around, I would definitely recommend them.
Pros
Pay, Atmosphere
Cons
Retail hours, work/life balance
Fun and Fast Paced
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Elgin, ILNovember 16, 2015
This sales job was a very fun and challenging place to work. I loved working there until the Midwest Stores all closed down. I loved to work with people and enjoyed my relationships with my coworkers and management.
Fun place to work and inclusive culture!
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCNovember 13, 2015
Great place to work for college students!! Professional environment and advancement was within reach. I had the opportunity to be assigned to numerous projects in the three years that I worked with the company, one project where I was the lead. Great, great experience to be a part of!
Pros
flexibility, great for college students
Cons
working every weekend
The people
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 12, 2015
The people make this company what they are, no matter what they say. If you have a work environment that is all about your success and the employees from day one are always on your side and willing to go to bat for you that says a lot about the job.
Pros
lunches, schedules, the people, the bonus
Cons
some of the managment, no vacation time available, different system being placed in
Us Cellular
WIRELESS SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IANovember 9, 2015
They compensate well, however US Cellular is extremely behind the times as far as their systems and the whole company is not very well organized. There is little to no consistency in most aspects of the company.
Company lost sight of what it was founded on
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVNovember 9, 2015
Started as a great place to work with a focus on culture while providing opportunities for advancement based on performance and not politics. Over the last 2 years with the company, it became very politically based rather than performance based with much favoritism being shown. Also, work-life balance was very important but became a buzz word after thought. The amount of work expected to be accomplished by one person in one week would easily be accomplished within a 45 hour work week. By 2015 working 55-60 hours in store and another 5 per week on call was still not enough due to all the unnecessary work that had little/no impact on culture, results, or employee satisfaction.
Pros
Pay, health benefits
Cons
Work life balance, favoritism
Great environment, great people, great company
Business Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
I really like it here. I'm a big fan of what they believe in. I can see this being a long term position.

There is a lot to do but it's all pretty fair.
My Review
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 8, 2015
I had no complaints about my experience here. Great people to work with, good potential to move up in the company. A typical work day could consist of technical issues and troubleshooting. Or doing account reviews with potential customers.
Could be better
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSNovember 7, 2015
deal with lots of people
handle cash
management could work more on the floor
for the most part, we work well as a team
hardest past of my job with working with people
most enjoyable part of my job is working with people
was okay
Sales Representative/Admin (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAOctober 31, 2015
it was a cell phone store some people were good to work with and then of course there are those that were not.nothing else to report
The Devils Lair. Management and Coaches are wolfs in tattered sheeps clothing! !
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 27, 2015
This is the absolute worst employer you could ever work for!!! Once they have exhausted every mean to not pay you, they will then turn to termination attempts. There is no such thing as an open door policy...by the time you express your concern, the entire building knows your business. ...their business services are about just as bad as their customer service. ...if you are hard up for cash and like the idea of working for a company that acknowledges that job security is the number one concern for its employees. ..you'll be right at home
Pros
Free coffee, hot chocolate, and tea
Cons
Management sucks, will stiff you for pay, generally does not care about employees thus the high turnover rate
sales
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Crossville, TNOctober 27, 2015
taking care of payments for customers and looking over accts,answering phones, filing documents,ansewering questions.listening to customer in what their needs are and guiding them in the best direction
Great Benefits; Poor Work/Life Balance
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 26, 2015
Typical day included seeing customers to do account reviews, upgrades, add lines, activations, etc for wireless services. I learned a lot in the field of technology while working at US Cellular. I learned a lot about Microsoft Office, different devices, and the advancement. It kept me very up to date with society. Wonderful coworkers. Very focused on team work and your commitment to your stores. Unfortunately, the hours get long and tedious, especially around the holidays with extended store hours and management is very adamant about being a sales rep 24 hours a day 7 days a week (understandable because that's sales!). Scheduling is little unorganized, but varies by store. All in all wonderful place to work, especially once you get some sales experience under your belt.
Pros
Great Benefits, Pays Well, Community
Cons
No Work/Life Balance, Some stores Unorganized.
fun, exciting, teamwork,
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 25, 2015
My review of U.S. Cellular, is a history of twelve years service to a company I absolutely adored. My job as the inventory coordinator, was a dream job and that made it easy to love going to work everyday.
U.S. Cellular offered great benefits, training and tools for furthering your career within the company.
The hardest part of my job, was saying good bye to my coworkers
after downsizing.
Pros
Benefits, time-off availability, hours
fun and friendly work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 23, 2015
one of the best companies I have worked for because it was derived on customer focus. without the customer there was no company and treating each and every customer with respect and taking care of them on one call
Pros
friendly atomoshpere
Fianacially rewarding yet challenging
Area Sales Manager - Peoria, Illinois (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 22, 2015
U.S. provided may tools and offered resources to be successful at any position. I absolutely loved the culture and the people in the first 7 years of my tenure there. As the market began to get more challenging due to the competitors, U.S. Cellular went through a transition and divestiture of an entire market that created a lot of good employees without work.
Retail Wireless Consultant @ U.S Cellular
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  milwaukee,wiOctober 21, 2015
Utilizing a detailed sales process to do a proper needs assessment better learn customer needs. Making recommendations of cell phone plans and devices based on the customer needs.
Pros
free luches, gifts
Cons
little to no work life balance, and pay decreased.
Fun, diverse, family oriented work invironment
Sales associate- Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2015
I loved working for US Cellular, it was a customer driven company. Leadership respected the company and employees. One of my most productive managers worked for US, Cellular
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Closes late