U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

average all around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 14, 2017
it was good, you stay busy and most people were friendly and outgoing. dealing with customer experience varied from person to person. things really just were pretty average
Us
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIDecember 12, 2017
I do not wish to write a review about this job. I fell that this is redundant and does not serve a purpose for me finding a new job. This will be copy and pasted for each review. Remove this feature.
Great Company
Customer Service Associate/Resolution (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 10, 2017
I was in my early 20 working here. I liked it, I received a free phone and plan. Just paid for insurance and roadside. You will be responsible all billing inquires.
Pros
Great beneifts
Cons
Very strick attendance policy
US Cellular
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 10, 2017
great company treat their employees well. the hours were great! Benefits were awesome. They pay well for the job. You can learn much about the industry if you listen and learn.
Pros
great hours and pay
Cons
snow
Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 9, 2017
This was by far the best place I ever worked. Pay rate is wonderful the benefits were awesome. Got a free phone and service each month. Had your own desk and equipment
Pros
Restaurant inside building
Cons
Productive workplace with awesome customer's and Staff
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 7, 2017
Slow paced environment. Team culture was phenomenal. I did not have stable management. the most enjoyable part of the job was the customer's and my team.
Pros
free lunch from time to time. very flexible with scheduling
Cons
no management. had to perform manager duties myself.
Network Switch Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCDecember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with my peers. There were plenty of opportunities to work with cross functional teams and learn new skills. The team members are always willing to help each other.
Interesting Structures
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 7, 2017
I was forced to relocate 3 times just to advance in a timely manner with the company. The fact that I was promoted and some minor accommodations were made, i was made very aware that I owed it to the company and management that I had to "pay it back". Whether it was with being overly flexible or working extremely long hours and completing projects for my own boss. If you made a mistake it was continuously used against you in a performance review, which was never an issue for me but was for some of my peers.
Fun Culture, stressful, pay very well
Store Manager, Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 3, 2017
Fun culture and leadership generally has your best interest at heart, the pay is really well, stressful in that new products and training all the time ...never enough time in the day to get all that you want done
Pros
Free Cell Phone & Service, Good Leadership
Cons
Stressful
great work lounge ! and good atmosphere
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKNovember 30, 2017
great atmosphere, you had your own cubicle so you got to decorate it however you wanted. no pens or paper/ phones allowed because youre dealing with credit cards all day. very fast paced, and can be a bit stressful. but you get paid well, and the trainees and supervisors are awesome

Want to know more about U.S. Cellular?

Ask a question
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 30, 2017
Overall my experience with U.S. Cellular has been very pleasant. The management team is very sharp and attentive. Everyone is willing to help out no matter how high on the ladder they are.
Area Sales Manager, Business Channel (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 30, 2017
Great place to work, collaborative and exciting. Like any organization if, if sales are down there is going to be pressure. The culture is strong, but it depends on your leader and their focus
Best cellular company to work for
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 29, 2017
Best experience and job I’ve ever had. Great company and great culture. You can definitely profess as a young profesional and they have very competitive pay
Good Company
Network Switch Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 28, 2017
Great atmosphere, culture and co-workers. The management was fair to me in my time there. I learned a lot and the training was good and was always available.
Pros
Good people
Cons
got caught up in downsizing
Do not work call center Knoxville Tennessee!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 28, 2017
Management will pull calls and then after assigned pull calls will turn around and secretly listen to calls again! I am all for verification but employees are watched like criminals. No good work atmosphere when always pulling a call every five minutes. HR no help all buddy buddy with managers.
Pros
Cheap phone bill
Cons
Constant monitoring like prisoner.
It’s a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marion, IANovember 24, 2017
I would recommend it for people who can talk on the phone for a long time without having issues with it. The management is really good there. They are nice and understanding.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Can be stressful at times.
Free socials/food; great people; fun job
Group Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2017
Served as Engineering administrative person, filing FAA maps and data for new cell towers for licensure; receive/paid vendor invoices; maintained tower records/files for the 5-state region; created and mailed correspondence; purchased food and supplies for the office; tracked the technicians to and from operational sites;
Pros
Free lunches; socials, and great frun job
Cons
Jpb security was limited
US Cellular
Head Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 21, 2017
Fast paced/ Fun place to work. Benefits are good. we do weekly training to provide outstanding customer service and support. Working with and helping people.
Hardest part of the job is being restricted on helping support staff members.
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping our customers. Making them happy.
Pros
Excellent benefits/ Fast paced fun environment.
Cons
Usually always short staffed.
Typical Sales
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Old Town, MENovember 21, 2017
Loved working for the company, however I worked for one of their agent locations and the owner was intentionally misleading, misrepresented information to the associates. Lack of benefits and strict rules in addition to poor management led to me leaving the company.
Awesome company
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 21, 2017
I loved working for us cellular. Its a fast paced but pretty laid back place. The management is amazing and the support for employee achievement is great. Earn commission by meeting certain quotas.
Pros
Everyone needs help with phone so always sales
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.