U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Found 1,224 reviews matching the search
High paced, competitive sales
Sales Associate-Part Time (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 15, 2017
This is a good company to work for. The benefits available for full time employees are very nice. This company has new upper management as of January 2016 so I am unaware of any other current information.
Relaxed Work Enviornment
I.T. & Desktop Support / Cellular Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IAJune 14, 2017
Great people to work with, work is ever changing and you learn new things on a frequent basis. There were times that you were micro-managed, but you have a lot of time to yourself after your work is done. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Frequent Free Time
Cons
Lots of changing Policies and Promos makes it hard to keep up..
US Cellular
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 14, 2017
I love the vision and the future of this company! This company supports their employees and customers like individuals. I appreciate the amount of training and benefits this company offers employees.
Pros
Company's Culture
Cons
Travel
High Stress Level Job
Retail Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAJune 12, 2017
Us cellular is excellent as far as training and making sure their employees are well taken care of with benefits however I felt like I never had time for my family or a life outside of work. When its time to get off employees sometimes have to stay hours over because you can not leave until you are finished with your customer. Its a very cut throat and competitive environment. Sometimes we didn't even get to get a lunch.
Cons
We don't always get a lunch if its too busy, Missed out on alot of family time, Drama
Responsibilities:
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJune 11, 2017
Manage money and receiving payments
Answer calls and questions
Greet customers and direct them to employee that can better help them
Talk with customer about plans and services
Show customers phones and plans that would suit their needs
struggle with the work/life balance
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJune 9, 2017
a normal day shift will be 930-630 or 12-830. On Fridays there is a mandatory meeting at 830am. If you're scheduled to close on a Friday, you will be working a split shift.
No work-life balance
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 8, 2017
The company talks a lot about culture and is constantly asking for feedback from associates, but they don't really do anything with it. They try to address it and have good intentions, but the solutions typically fall flat. Work life balance is almost non-existent here, as "what's best for the company" comes well before what works for associates. Especially leaders. Leaders are expected to work any shift they are assigned, whether it works for their home lives or not.
Show Favoritism
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 7, 2017
The managers only choose favorites for advancement. After 6 months on the job told them I wanted to move toward other positions. No one listened to what I said until after 5 years there. I was then moved to another store where I received no support or true feedback.
Loved the time here
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
Excellent culture everyone who worked there was on the same page and helpful wish they would have stayed in chicago. I worked for other providers in the past but this company was more of a family than a job
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No opportunity
Awesome place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 4, 2017
good place to work if you love helping people. good place to work friendly environment and opportunities to advance in your position. Very fast paced position as well.
fast paced ever changing environment
Retail Area Sales Manager - Milwaukee Metro (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 3, 2017
customer focused, hard driving on sales.

strong leadership development focus.

high compensation and pay due to demands of the work.

fun industry to work in with high tech and changing products.
Pros
great business/professional development
Cons
lots of change/high competition and stress
Productive and focused workplace
Consultant Data Analytics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
Depending on a manager or a department that you are working for the view of a workplace may change. I worked in an Shared Analytical Data department, where a lot of people were data oriented. We all utilized the same databases, which made it very easy to communicate between each other, share knowledge, eliminated work duplication and waste of time. My day mostly concentrated around coding and working with systems. I have met with project managers to gather requirements and then I was producing analysis or reports. On the end of the project, I have met with project managers again to share the findings and analysis output. My coworkers are very smart and also fun to work with. In general US Cellular offered very well balanced work/life environment; however, there were days that required longer working hours in order to meet a dead line of a project.
Pros
Fun people
Not a bad company, opportunity around worklife balance and compensation.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCMay 30, 2017
A good foundation. There is opportunity around worklife balance and compensation. There is a lot of opportunity around leadership development and growth opportunities.
Pros
Benefits from day one
Cons
Work life balance
Good
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 30, 2017
this was a great place to work.very fun the commission structure was great the pay was good and the opportunity was limitless you will not be disappointed
n/a
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Livermore Falls, MEMay 29, 2017
I do not wish to provide a review for this employer. Each person has their own taste in what their work environment is to be like. Want to know what it's like? Work their yourself and see if you like it.
Fun work environment that always changing. Great upper management.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 27, 2017
Fun work environment that always changing. Great upper management with the potential to make commission from cellular sales. Great support from many other Authorized Cellular retails around the state.
Pros
Great training on products
Cons
Job requires weekends and holidays
Is a place that can be missed!
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 25, 2017
Passion, ethics, loyalty and growth are priorities to take on daily. Was a very fast paced environment but if you had the heart to succeed you can do very well financially. This was years ago, so now I am unable to vouch for the compensation structure.
If you like sales and competition
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILMay 25, 2017
They provided lunches and outings, not much to say about this company I didn't really care too much for this particular store , the manage had just been promoted and he hired his mistress end of story while his wife worked at another location
Pool table
Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 23, 2017
Was there 17 years 7 months great benefits
great people to work with great training and
excellent retirement plan and excellent customers
Pros
nice lunches some times
Cons
No Cons
Customer care
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, IAMay 21, 2017
It was a good place to work. Long hours sometimes you would deal with people who would be rude and think the world revolves around them but if you have the right answers it's not a bad job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.