U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Employer Reviews

Good atmosphere. Good benefits
Customer Service (Current Employee), Tulsa,OKJune 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: scheduling
Good place to work. Good advancement opporunties. The only issue is not being able to pick your schedules. Management is required to work any schedule available.
I liked working for this company
Sale rep (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILJune 11, 2014
Working for U.S cellular I learned so many knew things about technology which I loved
productive and enjoyable job
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Delavan, WIJune 11, 2014
Pros: helping customers who did not know how to use a new phone
Cons: limitations on how i could help a customer
Learned new things like how technology worked, learned new computer system and how to cater to different customers.
Great job to challenge yourself as a salesman
Sales/Store Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 5, 2014
Pros: great communication with customers
Cons: low pay, off brand sales
Selling an unknown cell phone carrier in a very saturated market can be a challenge. As an independent contractor, I learned how to manage my own business, lead and train sales agents, and how to be successful in a full commission environment. leadership is great to work for and some of the customers are like family.
Excellent Team
Service Technician (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 5, 2014
Pros: management, coworkers, great atmosphere
I enjoyed working for US Cellular. As a service technician we troubleshoot a lot with mobile devices, provisioning, and network. I did a lot of troubleshooting, which helped me grow into a better customer oriented person.

The management was great to me and would always be there to assist me with a decision. They also empowered me to make the best choices – more... that would help increase sales for the associates and for my store.

My coworkers was a awesome team and would always help with my personal development as a technical person. – less
Great business model
Retail Wireless Consultant/Team Leader (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2014
Pros: free phone, good pay
Cons: the company expanded very quickly and lacked quality management at moments
I helped launch the Oklahoma city market so it was a roller coaster of ups and downs, in the end, the company took very good care of its employees. The company also had numerous workshops to better yourself and your business skills/leadership, this has been very beneficial throughout life.
DON't do it!!!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAJune 4, 2014
Cons: you will be fired
You will be fired in a matter of time. They don't practice what they preach. They profess to care but they really don't. BEWARE.
Great work environment and rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Freeport IlJune 2, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: needs a little better work life balance
I would help customers with there transactions and try to sell them new products and services. Offer new lines of services including sell phones, tablets and home phone services. I learned how to work with a team and how to be a more efficient multitasker
Nice place to work first started all about Culture
Service Technician (Former Employee), West VirginiaMay 31, 2014
Pros: local management, free phone service, pay
Cons: company is down sizing a lot of departments
When first hired wanted to be a different company but now they want to be like AT&T and Verizon "run with the big dog" is what management says but, not sure size of the company can compete with that.
Evolving Indusrty
Service Technician (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 30, 2014
Good employer. Unfortunately, wireless industry is ever-evolving which meant the elimination of my position.
Can be fun at times
Retail Sales Rep (Current Employee), Glendale, WIMay 29, 2014
The Company is not looking good!!

more work added to our daily job, with little pay, commission took a dump.... time to move on..
Nice environment, disorganized management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2014
The job itself was nice but, the organization and structure was not that great.
Typical Day of work
Service Technician (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMay 28, 2014
In a typical day I would help 20-40 customers on a variety of mechanical or physical issues with cell phones. I would oreder exchange phones, send phone out to repair center, recieve new inventory for store. Everyday we would see different issues and have to fix the issue or create a ticket for a higher level technician to take a look at.
Rewarding and Fulfilling
Service Technician (Current Employee), Peoria, ILMay 28, 2014
Fantastic company that allowed me to grow deeply over 8 years. Leadership in this company was a partnership form out of respect for associates.
Great Place to work and great co workers
Financial Services, Agent Credit and Collections (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 27, 2014
great place to work, great hours, great co workers, Customer service is very good, number of awards earned
Good Company too much politics
Service Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 26, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: politics in the company and with co-workers, got bought out
Management was great always wanting to help you move up in the company. Pay was good for a Direct Cell company.
Very productive and fun place to work
Retail Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 22, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: room for advancement
At U.S. Cellular you learned so much information. How to work together as one. I learned so many valuable assets that I will carry on through my professional career.
Went from love to just make it stop
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Ames, IAMay 22, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: no job security, poor local leadership, stress
I worked as a sales associate for US cellular for more than twenty one years...but when the new billing system arrived the summer of 2013 it all hit the fan and was the final straw.
What once took 20 minutes now took 3 hours to achieve. quotas skyrocketed and everything became cut throat. It was no longer about needs based selling it was just cram it – more... down their throat.
Anything below 99% quota was considered fails to meet expectations. I really loved us cellular. ..but that feeling has evaporated. With all the billing mess, poor customer service and many times poor signal strength....there's just nothing left to love.
I do not see a lenghty future for this company at all. – less
Strong company with great employee moral, and team building
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIMay 20, 2014
This organization provides individuals with an opportunity to work as a team, learn, and develop, and also advance with the organzation
N/A
Service Technician/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNMay 20, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: downsizing
I repaired phones and helped customers out who had issues. Could have lasted longer.

About U.S. Cellular

United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone – Read more