U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Busy
Service Technician (Former Employee), Sterling, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free cell phone service.
Cons: Never getting out of work on time.
A typical day at work was very busy, I learned a lot at U.S. Cellular, how to take care of a customer and to make sure you always put the customer first. Management was awesome and co-workers were fun and everyone worked together as a team. I can't really think of a hardest part of my job because i was there for so long. Most enjoyable part of my job was doing inventory.
Fun and exciting
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 25, 2015
answering inbound calls about billing and tech support. management is fair and there is a long process before you get fired they will work with you to keep your job. employees are friendly the environment is like a friendly cult.
Great Company Great Boss
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), MAineMarch 24, 2015
Sales Sales Sales. Be able to adapt to change quickly. Customer service is very important. Great Hours and pay depends on how well you can sell.
Current employee (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great corporate culture
Cons: stress of competing against large carriers
U.S. Cellular strives to provide a balanced and safe corporate culture. The work can be stressful as U.S. Cellular strives to match large competitors who have 10x the budget.
The Dynamic Organization is a Sham.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 17, 2015
Cons: Inflexible, Not family friendly, they do not care about their employees
This is the worst place to work if you are a mother or if you care for an ill family member. Make sure you pick a schedule that you can live with in the beginning, because they will not let you change for any reason. Also, you may have to fight with them to use the restroom. They will try to discipline you for this and pretend they do not know the law under the ADA.
Ever changing environment
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits were great
Cons: Work/life balance
US Cellular is employee and customer focused. This is an environment that is fast paced and ever changing. Training was provided consistently and the growth opportunities were great.
Was a great company until 3 years ago
Service Technician (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 13, 2015
I loved working here until about 3 years ago they hired a CEO that drove the company into the ground and then bailed. The current CEO has been doing nothing but damage control since he took over and his idea of damage control is to cut as many costs (and jobs) as possible to keep the company afloat regardless of impact to the company's customers or it's employees.
Good Company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOMarch 8, 2015
Work days varied because of such a diverse customer base. Routine daily activities included taking customer payments, troubleshooting technical issues with devices, resolving client disputes and setting up customer accounts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customer who had bad experiences with other reps.
US Cellular
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), WIFebruary 26, 2015
I loved it here. This is a great place to work. If you like dealing with customers and having fun all while making money and getting experience in customer service. This is the place for you. In this position you help customers with their accounts and questions. The company loves their employees they would give you gifts nice benefits and lots of hours.
customer service rep
customer service representative (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: working with customers, building relationship with co workers
Cons: repetitive
I take calls and help customer resolve issues, billing, help customer with device issues, transfer customers to the correct departments
Stressful
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Greendale WIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: tenured sales associates
After billing system update it was total stressful. But when things were running smoothly, it was a great place to work.
Good work enviroment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Norman, OKFebruary 20, 2015
US Cellular is a good place to work, but has a lack of traffic, which in a commission based sales environment isn't a good thing. I have had a great experience with all of my co-workers and the workplace in general.
Was a great place to work
Network Field Engineer (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 9, 2015
USCC was a great place to work during the time I was employed there. They always hired quality managers who cared about their direct reports and removed any obstacles to improve the work environment.
Great place to work. I am so sorry the business closed.
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winterville, NCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great company lunches and employee recognition plan.
Cons: none.
Awesome place to work with great co-workers and management. Great pay and employee recognition plan. Was very sad when the place closed.
Amazing Company
customer service representative (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIFebruary 2, 2015
us cellular is a great company for the great people that work there also they gave a chance to prove myself that i can take any challenges and succeed on it i want to thank them for that. also us cellular is a team work environment which i love because if you need help there was always some one to help you with it.
Great co-workers, fun team outings
Payment Control Specialist A/R (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: supervior not standing over you watching every move, very helpful. great superviors, co-workers are fun to work with, layed back
Cons: i really can't think of any cons at this time
Get all my checks and tower rentals in order to start entering in the the computer. Start looking for misapplied payments an calling clients to let them know it has been applied to there account once found. The supervisor was wonderful, her door was always open an lead good team meeting that were worth while.. My co-workers were funny and great to be around, we did things outside of work to like group camping trips, Frisbee golf, we just all got along great. The hardest part of my job was leaving for what I thought was going to be a better job with more pay. The pay was right on, so was the first 7 years but the last year everything changed. Next time I will stay with the lower pay and great management.
Down Sizing in Company
Project Manager-Engineering Department (Current Employee), Itasca, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good paying jobs
Cons: letting people go
Was with US Cellular for 18years and then Sprint bought USC spectrum in the Chicago and ST. Louis markets. All the Chicago & ST.Louis closed and shut down there Networks.
Wish We Had US Cellular Here
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: commissions, advancement opportunities, good mix of team and individual time
Cons: hours, work-life balance
A typical day at US Cellular consisted of face-to-face meetings with customers, cold calling businesses, following up with existing customers, and trouble-shooting mobile device issues. I learned how important mobile devices have become in today's society, ins and outs of needs-based selling, and how to empathize and calm an escalated customer. The best part of the job was watching frustrated mobile users transform into satisfied customers, and having them refer others to me as well as call me specifically when they had a need. The most difficult part of the job was the work-family balance; we were required to take customers all the way up to the last minute of our shift, and most days I left work 15-45 minutes past my shift end time because I was helping a customer.
A great customer service orientation job
Customer Service Representative - Cellular (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJanuary 27, 2015
This place is about quality customer service and the environment is fun.
HORIBLE!!!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Maryville, TNJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: working with customers
Cons: everything
Well it was a starter job, nothing really just get my foot in the door so to speak. The management there was super awful they trat you like dogs if not worse, the only enjoyable part was helping customers and making sales. It seemed to be like high schoolers but with 25-40 year olds pretty sad really and a lot of the other agents would lie to customers to make the sales. I often had problems with management and a certain supervisor taking your contracts and putting their own names on them to get the commission from it.
Industry