U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Found 1,247 reviews matching the search
If you like sales and competition
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILMay 25, 2017
They provided lunches and outings, not much to say about this company I didn't really care too much for this particular store , the manage had just been promoted and he hired his mistress end of story while his wife worked at another location
Pool table
Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 23, 2017
Was there 17 years 7 months great benefits
great people to work with great training and
excellent retirement plan and excellent customers
Pros
nice lunches some times
Cons
No Cons
Customer care
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, IAMay 21, 2017
It was a good place to work. Long hours sometimes you would deal with people who would be rude and think the world revolves around them but if you have the right answers it's not a bad job
Great Employer
Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2017
Excellent company, employee focused, team oriented, professional, friendly, positive attitude, great employees, Always focused on customers with 5 star customer service
Good job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 19, 2017
Good environment to work in, really friendly staff. I had a decent compensation, worked good hours. Manager was friendly and understandable. Manager would give you time off.
Not Recommended
Mobile Phone Handset Technician (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 19, 2017
I have several disabilities some physical some mental due to an accident that left me with traumatic brain injury and loss of vision in one eye.

The reason I stated the above is I have to have certain things a certain way such as we were allowed to wear shorts and t-shirts due to most of the work area was an unconditioned warehouse. I have to have white t-shirts and gray or blue shorts like I said above I can not help this need/compulsion due to the TBI. So management and others such as actual employees since I was a temp made complaints about how I wore the same clothes everyday, did not bathe or have "normal" people hygiene, these came from employees and management in the only air conditioned part of the warehouse (big enough for 4 workbenches and 10-15 working at those and 5 offices for senior management. I did not smell good this is most likely true, I worked in an open air warehouse during the summer.

So discrimination against the disabled and dirty from the work environment itself
Pros
You must be joking.
Cons
The most hostile work environment I have even been in.
Workplace Culture
Network Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2017
The culture at US Cellular differentiates it from any other company I have worked for.

I enjoyed working in the telecommunications industry and consider US Cellular to be among the best in their field.
Good people
Business Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 15, 2017
This is a great company if you have no need to be trained properly for the job they are asking you to perform. Accountability seems to go as far as the employees but management seems to be above making sure the employees have the tools for success in the direct channel.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of training, support and structure
Productive and entertaining workplace with good morale
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMay 14, 2017
In a typical day at work you will work with approx. 7-10 customers. You will troubleshoot cell phones/tablets, and look for sales opportunities. I learned how cell phone operating systems work. I learned key sales behaviors that I will be able to implement in future jobs. The management is helpful. They always make an effort to give you the tools required to resolve anything you might encounter that day. The workplace culture is mixed, but mostly positive. There are quotas, and people who struggle to get to those goals are easily discouraged. This usually manifests in break-room venting that never reached toxic. The hardest part of the job can be reaching the quotas. There are often people who fall into a lucky transaction that can carry them through their whole month which is often frustrating. It can feel like your effort isn't worth it. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on/resolving somebody's problem. The gratitude people show when they're presented with a solution to all of their problems is very uplifting.
Pros
Positive and constructive management
Cons
Quotas can be difficult to reach on occasion
Poor Company Culture
Director IT (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILMay 13, 2017
They speak of culture as part of their business model. It has been weaponized by this company. Seen many highly qualified peers walked out the door due to poor senior leadership.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Passive Aggressive Envirornment
Pretty average retail environment.
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 12, 2017
You can make good money here doing fairly easy work. If you don't mind working weekends this is a good way to make a good salary without having a degree.
Pros
Good compensation for fairly easy work
Cons
Constantly changing commission structure, retail hours.
Excellent Company
Agent Account Executive/Events (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 12, 2017
Great Culture
Big on training/development
Listened to employees
Fair compensation
Had an exciting culture that thrived on positivity and employee engagement.
Traing Class
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Marion, IAMay 8, 2017
I was in training and missed just one day due to a family crisis. The managers were humane and professional. It was unfortunate that I did not finish training.
Pros
Great lunches, good people, good bennifits
Cons
Na
Great people and Leadership
Reporting Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILMay 8, 2017
US Cellular places a high degree of importance on developing leadership excellence. This works to create a culture that fosters employee development and work-life balance. My time at US Cellular has taught me what being a leader is really about.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
High pressure in IT
Day in the life of a cellular phone salesman
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 8, 2017
My typical day consisted of calling on customers, either through cold calls, current customers, or referrals.

I learned all about the cellular phone industry.

Management was lacking in experience.

The workplace culture was okay but could be cut throat because of sales pressures.

Finding new companies to convert over from the other local carrier.

I loved working with the customers and providing them with top notch service.
Pros
Working with customers!
Best work place
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74146May 6, 2017
US Cellular believes in the Dynamic Organization. The Company passion is all about the customers. US Cellular strive towards excellent customer service and rewards its customer with award winning customer service.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 2, 2017
I loved working here, some management is just not deserving of the title. Most coaches are there to better you but there are a few that are only there to make sure that they don't get fired. They show no interest in how you are doing or what you are doing to better yourself professionally
Good job overall
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 2, 2017
worked on the phone all day with customer issues. Learned a lot about cellular services and how they work, along with billing, credits and troubleshooting. The culture was the Dynamic Organization with lots of good values to live by.
Pros
free phone and service
Wireless Store
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2017
Assist customers with their wireless needs. Process payments, activate new line of service, explain new products and service. Interact with people on a daily.
Long Hours
Inbound Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 2, 2017
They don't understand work/life balance. The work is steady and constant so you are never bored or sitting idle. I did enjoy having a team and goals to hit as a team and individual. The downside is you are stuck to a script and not allowed to deviate. Having to collect money from people is a tough enough thing to do without being restricted to a set of questions and there was no wiggle room for empathy.
Pros
Always had something to do, never bored. Hours consistent
Cons
Hard to get a day off, scripted and lacked empathy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.