U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Employer Reviews

Very vibrant place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILApril 11, 2014
US Cellular is a great place to work! Great benefits, management has a true open door policy
N/A
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCApril 10, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: no work life balance
most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work wit. hardest part of the job is all the extra things you have to do and keep up with on top of your sales goals
retail store
manager (Former Employee), illinoisApril 10, 2014
the stores are okay to work in yet job security is a concern since they are not doing well in the market. the billing system is hard to work with and causes so many issues with customers. the pay is okay if you are a manager yet is not consistent for wireless consultants.
Great Company to work for
Store manager (Former Employee), Sedalia, MOApril 8, 2014
Pros: pleasent people
Cons: no benefits on the agent side
The People of Us Cellular are all pleasent to work with. Agent channel does not carry benefits
Overall Good Company
SAN Storage and Backup Engineer (Current Employee), Bensenville, ILApril 8, 2014
Pros: invest a lot in new technologies
Cons: na
Good compensation
Good technology, invest a lot in new technology, learning all the time
Always different. Sometimes fast pace sometimes slow.
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 7, 2014
Pros: meeting different people. always different work
Cons: dealing with upset customers. having to live off commission. commission is always questionable.
A typical day at work at US Cellular would be helping customers. Whether finding the best phone or plan that suits their life style, or helping them fix their current phone.
I learned better people skills.
Management tries their best to make it where you're your happiest at work.
My co-workers are great people that I'm glad were brought into my life.
Hardest – more... part of the job would be having to deal with upset customers and trying to stay calm when they're yellling at you for something you have no control over.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the customers who are friendly and you can sit there and talk to like you've known them awhile. Makes the time pass by. – less
fun place to work
customer service rep (Former Employee), waukesha wiApril 3, 2014
great hours great pay.. great people to work with.. great opportunities to move up
U.S. Cellular
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee), Quincy, ILMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work. Learned alot from building relationships and team building. Adjusting to Dynamic and fast paced environments was a must. loved having something new to keep my attention. tHE CULTURE was great.
REVIEW
Retail Wireless Consultant/ Sales and development (Current Employee), Moline, ILMarch 27, 2014
Pros: i love working with people
Cons: i love working with people
A typical day would consist of many interactions with customers on a personal level to make sure their needs are taken care of. We deal in a high traffic sales environment that requires attention to detail and human emotion at all times on all levels. Whether someone wants internet for their home, has technical questions or just flat out does not understand – more... technology as it evolves day by day, we are a jack of all trades to help them. I learn everyday in this environment, as it is always amazing to me to succeed in helping others.
The hardest part of my job would be conflict resolution. I find that in this industry we grow at this particular skill by nature. People resonate with honesty and willingness to help and they can see this in your eyes. I love my job because of how good it feels to work face to face with people and know that I make a difference in their daily lives. – less
I have been able to make a career out of my position at Us Cellular
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Alcoa TennesseeMarch 27, 2014
Greet all customers in a professional, friendly, and timely manner, including answering phones and directing customer inquiries to appropriate party.
• Respond to customer inquiries and process customer requests, including but not limited to name, address and rate changes; suspensions, disconnects, and resumes; taking payments; resolving problems related – more... to equipment, billing, roaming and service; and changes in vertical services.
• Work with customers who indicate a desire to disconnect and perform retention activities to save that customer.
• Troubleshoot equipment issues for customers and process repairs, including but not limited to providing loaner phones, shipping of equipment, and completing the repair cycle.
• Update customer account after every customer interaction.
• Achieve or surpass individual sales targets for portfolio of products and services which would include new customer acquisitions, sale of essentials, and vertical features on a weekly/monthly basis while achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Participate in marketing efforts to solicit new business, including but not limited to outbound calling, community involvement, outreach programs, and promoting the brand inside and outside the store/retail location.
• Responsible for opening, closing and operating the retail facility, including and but not limited to cash handling and deposits as governed by operations control standards.
• Complete accurate paperwork and transactions according to company policies and procedures.
• Assist with inventory counts as needed.
• Assist in maintaining store appearance and individual work area according to the retail store standards.
• Receive and process all payments according to standard procedures.
• Attend all required U.S. Cellular training programs and meetings.
• Assist with all functions within a retail store by complying with U.S. Cellular policies and procedures.
• Assist in other tasks, duties, or projects as assigned by management. – less
US CELLULAR
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAMarch 26, 2014
Loved working for this company. Benefits are great. Some area for growth but varies based on location.
Great Company
Network Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Bedford, NHMarch 26, 2014
Exciting with new technology. Tends to be follower with new products.
very good
DBA in the DB Support Team (Current Employee), Bensenville, ILMarch 25, 2014
Pros: my employer is very good.
Cons: my employer is very good.
my employer is very good.

DBA in the DB Support Team

The culture is good.
Gave Retailers one more chance.
Manager (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 24, 2014
Pros: wonderful team!
Cons: again, no security.
Found out that Retailers were not a desirable path if growth and security is the foundation of your career goal.
great company
IS Management Specialist (Former Employee), chicago, ilMarch 23, 2014
Excellent Company. Treats employees respectfully and rewards excellence.
Good place to work.
Sales Representative & Cashier Greeter (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 22, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: being a sales representative
My typical day at work would be to help and provide customer service. I first started out as a Greeter, I greeted customers when the entered the store and did transactions at the register. I then, was moved up to a Sales Representative where I sold cellular phones for customers and businesses.
The management, for the most part was good. They showed – more... faith and trust in their employees and gave recognision when deserved.
There was some drama with my co-workers because we worked so closely together; however, you learn to deal with it and ignore it to do your job professionally.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers. They were so different, ie: ethic groups, age groups, ect. I worked in the mall.
The hardest part of my job was to be a sales person. I was good at my job, but felt uncomfortable selling and "pushing" customers. – less
Great benefits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 22, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: na
U.S. Cellular has advancement programs and wonderful incintives
Company has great benefits and great ways to move up within the company.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, coworker, time off
Cons: coaches, only so many hours per day can be used per dept for time off
Great company to work for when things are running smooth. After last year of billing it has become a little messy within the company. The management knew was going to be an issue but didn't expect to be as big as it was, but getting back on track and focusing back on track with customers and getting back to wear U.S. Cellular needs to be back on top – more... of customer service. Working with great peers with in the company always willing to help each other out, not so much for some coaches, sometimes more of a high school social networking for them. Most enjoyable part of the day is helping the customer and knowing you help resolve their issue and educated them with more knowledge that will help down the road that may help them so next time may not call in for hep. – less
Retail Sales
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVMarch 19, 2014
Pros: meeting interesting people day to day
Cons: sometimes you would not get a lunch break
From day to day I would work with many customers. I would uncover their wireless needs for their life by talking with them about their day to day activities. Work with fellow teammates to help with their customers if there was something that they did not understand. File paperwork accordingly. Provide daily numbers to Sales Leader. Follow with customers. – more... Set appointments for sales opportunities or bill analysis. I would also educate customers on the different wireless platforms. – less
Great team, great working environment!
Microsoft BI / SSRS Developer, Consultant (Current Employee), Bensenville, ILMarch 19, 2014
It is great company to work for!
I learned and improved on Design and Developing meaningful SSRS report independently from end to end.
I am also very enjoy team work.

About U.S. Cellular

United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone – Read more

U.S. Cellular Photos