U.S. Census Bureau
1,827 reviews

U.S. Census Bureau Employer Reviews

Best job
Assistant Crew Leader (Former Employee), West Hills, CAMarch 31, 2015
Great job I have ever had. Very proud of it. Love my co-workers. Great Management. Enjoyable work environment. Love it.
productive
Census Taker (Former Employee), Bethlehem PaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: learning environment
Cons: shortbreaks
Organized and stored toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas. Dressed children and changed diapers. Disciplined children and recommended and initiated other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books. Observed and monitored children's play activities. Read to children, and taught them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs. Assisted in preparing food for children and served meals and refreshments to children and regulated rest periods. Instructed children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
Work with the Census Bureau
Clerk (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 29, 2015
Cons: was only temporary full time
collected the residents information, making sure questionnaires was complete and accurate. The co workers was a joy to work with and always work as a team.
Good Fun Enviroment
Materials Handler (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Overtime, benefits
Cons: Only temporary jobs available
• Load/unload trucks
• Inventory Control
• Cycle counting
• Cost control
• Pulling orders
• Shipping orders
• UPS/FEDEX management systems
• FIFO/JIT
• Forklift support for all departments
• Maintained forklifts
• Packaged products
• Reports
• Lead personnel
working at my own schedule
Enumerator/Crew Leader Assistant (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 27, 2015
The hardest part of my job was tracking down people who were willing to complete the cencus tasks. I at times had to deal with no doubt non-citizens and assure them that no harm would come to them but, it was in their best intersts. I essential,ly worked alone. The best part of this job was meeting different people and challenge of getting them to feel comfortable to complete the form needed so that they would no doubt be counted as an individual living in this country,
As a Production Enumerator I located housing units and conducted interviews with respondents to explain the purpose of the census and to record data.
Production Enumerator (Former Employee), Chicago specifically in East Rogers ParkMarch 26, 2015
Pros: The salary was nice: $18 per hour and there was some flexibility regarding the work schedule.
Cons: Respondents who were recalcitrant made the job difficult.
My role as a Production Enumerator for the U.S. Census Bureau from April through June 2010 was eye opening, challenging, and ultimately rewarding.

As noted above my responsibilities called for tracking down the residences of individuals who had failed to respond to the bureau's questionnaire and conveniently my area of assignment was within six blocks of my condo in East Rogers Park.

Given the diverse socio-economic structure of the community a number of the respondents lived in single family homes. However, most resided in large multi-unit buildings which required some creativity to determine if the respondent was still living on the premises. I learned to do this by speaking, for example, with neighbors, landlords, and mail carriers. Eventually, I was able to locate most residents who responded verbally to the questionnaire, or I obtained the required information by speaking to a legal third party either in person or by phone.

My team leader was a wonderful mentor, savvy, flexible, and patient.

Aside from the first several training sessions I didn't have much interaction with the other enumerators. However, those I got to know were friendly and knowledgeable as a number had participated in the census conducted in 2000.

The most enjoyable part of the job involved locating the respondent which enabled me to obtain and record the required information.
I liked going door to door meeting people.
Enumerator (temporary) (Former Employee), Oakhurst, CAMarch 26, 2015
I walked from door to door to request information from residents. I made sure to record how many people live in different areas. I loved hearing stories about their life was my most enjoyable part of my job.
Fun Temporary Job
Office Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great enviornment Great Pay
Cons: Temporary
The pay was great. It was too bad this job was temporary. The staff was great to work with and management was very personable. We worked hard and efficiently but everyone still was able to enjoy themselves.
Good pay for the work.
Enumerator (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great pay.
Cons: Temporary
Went to a meeting the day before work got my assignment. Went out the next day went door to door fulfilling my job assignment as required. I worked on my own with no supervision. The hardest part of that job was getting people to answer the door.
Interviewing unwilling persons
Enumerator (Former Employee), Layton, UTMarch 24, 2015
Pros: With a no-nonsense attitude and calm voice, it was pretty easy to get the required information.
Cons: Threats of violence
I would receive an uncompleted questionnaire and a map where to find the address then after locating the correct building I would attempt to contact any living person over age 18 to interview about who, if anyone, lived in the building understanding that previous enumerators had attempted and were possibly threatened.
Very fast pace, met new people, enjoyed both jobs while there
Statistician/ Laborer (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INMarch 23, 2015
Pros: made great money
I started off as a statistician. I worked in Quality. I would have to check over information before it would be mailed out to persons. All the management and co workers I worked with were excellent. Working in the ware house was hardest job because of the fact in summer, it would get hot.
Excellet
Field Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
My resume summarize my experience.hard working, warmly receiving customers,volunteering if needed, friendly environment of work.
it was a fun place environment
Recruiter /Field Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great schedules
Cons: no benefits
I would have to locate address and interview clients , which was very energetic with the different types of people
I learned how to be better orgnized and corporate with people better
Was fun for a strictly temporary job
Enumerator (Temporary) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2015
Pros: getting out and meeting new people
Cons: just a strictly temporary job, that didnt last long.
My job consisted of going to various peoples house and taking surveys, sometimes we were assigned individually what houses to work with, and sometimes we would divide into teams. I learned people skills, how to deal with people and how to communicate more with others. The management was great, the manager was quite skilled and knew exactly what they were doing. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and communicating with them.
Great Job
Data Entry (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: too short of term of job
Though there were times we worked till 3am it was an undeniably wonderful job that I worked with my oldest daughter. I also made a very dear friend there who has become like a little sister I never had. The Supervisor was great, the work kept you busy and they treated you fairly. The only bad part of the job was that it ended too quickly.
Very interesting job
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 14, 2015
Daily work was not hard at all. Lots of paperwork that kept me very busy but I loved it. Management was very easy to get along with. Loved going out to the homes to deal with people in general.
Interesting work.
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Newark, OHMarch 14, 2015
Pros: earning extra money
Cons: it was only a temporary job.
A variety of work to do each day. Reading manuals got to be kind of tedious but I liked the busy days best.
Management was learning the same as the rest of the staff at times.
Co-workers were like anyplace. Some worked ..some didn't.
Hardest part was cold calling I guess. People got very tired of being called again and again.
Most enjoyable was working with some very nice people and of course pay day.
cool
Information Recorder (Former Employee), Northridge, CAMarch 14, 2015
fixing broken equipment, work with compressed air tools, rewire electrical circuits, refurbish equipment, clean work area, work the trash compactor, use power tools, welding machine, pallet jacks, inventory, clean restrooms, forklift operator.
Really fun place to work, Productive, diversity.
Office Clerk (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: paid lunches, ot, paid vacation
Cons: seasonal job, not a lot of benefits
Basically just log in and start interviewing people on the phone, performed a lot of clerical work and learned to use all the office equipment, my co workers were of different ages so it was really fun to interact with different types of people.
the most enjoyable was getting paid on a weekly basis.
Management was great, they would always be there for you when needed and helped you in any way they could.
Temporary Assignment
Census Enumerator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling and pay
Cons: short assignment
Just your average citizen working for the government during the US Census. Nothing much to add except it was a fun experience meeting my neighbors within the neighborhood I lived in.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Census Bureau

The U.S. Census Bureau serves as the leading source of quality data about the Nation's people and economy.If you are looking for – Read more

U.S. Census Bureau Photos