U.S. Chamber of Commerce Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Organization
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 1, 2015
Performing vital work as the nation's business voice in the nation's capitol. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world's largest business organization representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions. Our members range from mom-and-pop shops and local chambers to leading industry associations and large corporations. They all share one thing--they count on the Chamber to be their voice in Washington, D.C.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Few
Mechanical Engineer Inter
Corporate Fellow (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 12, 2016
This organization clearly values the safety and well-being of its employees. As an intern I was always provided the mentorship and tools necessary to handle special projects and tasks.
Good place to grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2016
It is a solid place to work but your experience will be depend on your specific division and direct supervisor. Some are great, some are not so great.
There is always something new happening so there's almost never a dull moment.
Pros
Lots of events, good location, interesting people
Pro-Business at the expense of America
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington DCAugust 12, 2015
Enter as an idealist, leave as a cynic. The Chamber of Commerce promotes business the same way Walmart moving into a small town promotes free enterprise. Sure, main-street is a ghost town and the welfare rolls have tripled, and the once quaint small town is now indistinguishable from millions in a post-industrial waste, but the GDP is up 1.2%!
Great working environment and great people within the company
Staff Assistant / Facilities Department (Current Employee) –  Washington DcJanuary 5, 2015
The US Chamber is a great place to work. I interact with great people on a daily basis. The US Chamber opened their doors and tought me a lot of benificial information throughout the last 3 years with assisting high officals and managers. I've also learned how to conduct myself in a professional manner with outside vendors. The management within my department is great and well organized and they care alot about their employees. Working at the Chamber was a great experience.
Pros
great managers who take care of their staff
Your experience depends largely on your department & supervisor
mid-level (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2012
Work long, hard hours, stay late, do way more than what you are assigned, take the initiative, and be a team player to get ahead here. The pay here seems to be higher than most associations, though it varies wildly. If you look the wrong way at a boss, you can expect a reprimand from HR, and don't be surprised if the boss claims that they're 'restructuring' and 'absorbing' your position. The communications shop is overbearing and makes a point to insert itself into everyone's business. The manager and director level employees aren't always qualified to have reached that level (we're talking 25 year olds who were promoted after two years of performing standard admin work, but climbed up because they have "the look" and take marching orders without question). Heavy politics and 'friends of the family' action hear. I admit that I learned a great deal here and made some amazing contacts. HR is obsessed with hiring those with Master's degrees and above, so the best way to get in is to start at the bottom. And don't be surprised if you trip over some very large egos. They're EVERYWHERE at the USCC. Overall, it's a decent place to work with okay benefits and a big, conservative, "we try to be everything to everyone" mantra. They could benefit from a more focused platform of goals and reigning in of egos, especially those on the 6th and 4th floors, but it'll never happen. Location isn't the best.
Pros
benefits except healthcare, internal promotion, social activities
Cons
long hours, no life balance, big egos, internal politics, cronyism, hr always sides with manager, incompetence
Meaningful intern experience with lots of events
Event and Marketing Assistant of USCC Foundation (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2015
The U.S Chamber of Commerce has very good working environment. Its college training program for students is really well-organized. My most enjoyable part of the job is that I had chance to get involved in many events and I could network with people from other companies.
Nothing is fair only if boss likes you
Executive Director, Membership Sales (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 20, 2014
Boss says he admits he isn't fair. He is not in the office very much. Unprofessional and has a double standard. Good leads go to the same people.
benefits
Cons
friends gets the best leads
Team Leader Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 16, 2013
I had an amazing experience working for the U.S. Census bureau. The management was helpful and quick to rectify any problem with crew members under my supervision. The work expected was clear and reasonable at all times
Great environment!
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2014
It's a great place to work that focuses on the health of the economy. A typical day at work is hard to describe as it is fast moving and ever changing. The employees I've worked with are truly dedicated professionals seeking to make the best of the American workforce and improve life for all.
Best work environment
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2014
Work with people who believed and supported your goals, dreams and aspirations. Provided an environment to allow employees to pursue and make their dreams a reality. Great, caring staff.
Very accommodating job
Census Enumerator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2013
The U.S. Chamber of commerce was excellent to work for. The job & pay was great. All of my co-workers had a good sense of what the job entailed. There was unity & honesty at all levels. The schedule was very accommodating to everyone.
Pros
very personable & pay scale, create your own schedule.
Job Summary
National Account Manager (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNJune 24, 2012
The Chamber provided a very professional workplace on a day to day basis. I would still be working their but they consolidated the Minneapolis office to Dalls and I could not relocate at the time due to family obligations.
not very organized organization
Membership Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2013
you were left on your own to learn the business. if you have no outside experience you will struggle.
Great Mission
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C.June 15, 2014
The organization has a great mission serving those who served.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Our community is ready to answer.