This position will perform product tests and inspections to ensure conformance to specifications. This position will also monitor operating and packaging procedures to ensure compliance and maintain accurate documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Familiarization with a batch processing environment.
- Perform product testing (i.e. viscosities, densities, gel-times, etc.) and make any required product adjustments
- Carry out testing in accordance with established test methods.
- Understand the hazards associated with the chemicals used and wear appropriate PPE.
- Maintain retain and line samples
- Verify packaging line set-ups
- Perform off-site inspections at subcontractors – as required
- Inspect and record in-coming buy-out products and subcontracted products
- Reduce and minimize QC hold inventory
- Provide monthly data as it relates to the Quality Department’s performance
- Work in conjunction with other departments as needed
- Perform other duties as required by the Manager of Quality
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to analytically solve problems
- Goal oriented
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess good interpersonal skills
- High School diploma (College preferred)
- Strong PC skills – (Micro Soft Office products) Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- ASQ and ISO experience desirable
Indeed - 14 months ago
With more than 62 years serving the automotive industry, U.S. Chemical & Plastics sets the standard for formulating and manufacturing...