U.S. Coast Guard

U.S. Coast Guard Employer Reviews

Paralegal Specialist
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 13, 2014
Paralegal Specialist for the Hearing Office for Vessel violations.
Challenging work with alot of management probelms
Vessel Monitoring and Emergency management (Current Employee), Anchorage, AkApril 11, 2014
Typical work day varied depending on what rank and job you proformed. Mostly stood betweeen 2 to 3 12 hour days, with 2 to 3 days off. ON days off you could be called in for training or work related issues.
Good way to pay for college
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Cape Cod, MAApril 10, 2014
Pros: job security and good benefits
Coast Guard experience depend on your supervisor and location
Great working environment.
SEAMAN E-3 / ASSISTANT HOUSING MANAGER (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 10, 2014
Military. Had to know more than basic knowledge. High stress. Learned valuable lessons to grow mentally and physically.
Diverse posibilities
Operational Specialist Second Class (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 5, 2014
The Coast Guard is a great place to work. There are many possibilities and opportunities in the Coast Guard. In adition, it is what you make of it. The only downside is you are subjct to the needs of the Coast Guard, which means you do not always have a choice where you go and what you do.
Fantastic Armed Service
Regulator / Auditor (Current Employee), Jacksonville flApril 1, 2014
The US Coast Guard is an excellent company to work for. They understand the value that the employees add to the organization.
Smallest Brach of US Armed Forces
Food Service Officer/ Galley Supervisor (Current Employee), United StatesMarch 29, 2014
With over 20 years I have gained a wealth of experience to handle pretty much any situation I am faced with. Training is well rounded and not just limited to your specialty
Very rewarding with great responsibility placed upon junior members.
Senior Chief Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 25, 2014
Great Organization! Junior member have numerous opportunities to excel. Advancement based off of performance and proficiency in your skill set.
A hard and stressful job with fun people
Aids to Navigation Technician and Boat Crew (Former Employee), AmericaMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: everything else is terrible
A hard and stressful job with fun people. You must move a lot.
Great Meaningful job
Machinery Technician (Former Employee), Garibaldi, ORMarch 22, 2014
This is a great resume builder and your work has meaning. You help people and your country while building skills and tools to help you succeed in the future. Would also be a great career path for those interested.
Great place to work, fosters team work and leadership
Officer in Charge Coast Guard Cutter BONITO (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great structure
Cons: never enough money in budget
It could start with taking the ship out for Search and rescue, or Law Enforcement case. If the weather is rough, I learn who is my go to people and work from there to mentor my people to get them up to speed and help them understand their job. I enjoy my co-workers and watching their progress, advancing and becoming experts at what we do. The hardest – more... part is because we transfer and I lose good people who I have developed a relationship with, and they leave. – less
Great experience
Manager In Training (Former Employee), New OrleansMarch 18, 2014
Pros: healthcare, reliable, outstanding discipline
Cons: moving around to often
I was a very proud member of the United States Coast Guard. I accomplished every goal and set my sights on other business ventures.
typical day was working all different types of hours
Petty Officer (Former Employee), Rhode IslandMarch 17, 2014
Pros: insurance was good
Cons: managers were terrible leaders.
I enjoyed my day sometimes. I never knew what the day was going to bring. I had to be very flexible. I worked hard for my money.
When you think you should serve,it a good place
Bosinmate (Former Employee), Where ever the send youMarch 17, 2014
Pros: if you got to serve, the place to be
Cons: working for the goverment
Work was the same just about every day for four years no place for me
Traveling around the world aboard a Polar icebreaker
Seaman E-3 (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: worldwide travel, invaluable experience, great benefits.
This is where I became a man. The confidence as well as the skills obtained has been life long. Basic training was one of the most exciting periods of my life. While aboard the US Coast Guard cutter Polar star I was fortunate enough to visit several interesting countries. Being a member of the United States Coast Guard gave me the discipline, experience, – more... and skills to thrive anywhere. Absolutely my most important job was being a member of the Coast Guard. Although my tour to the Antarctic was not a vacation, it was an amazing once in a life time experience I wont soon forget. I am extremely proud of having served in the United States Coast Guard. – less
Fun and busy place to work
Boat crew and engineer on all 3 boat platforms (Former Employee), Hull, MAMarch 12, 2014
for the most part it was very fast paced an everyone got along great and helped each other out
Outstanding
Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 12, 2014
As a Coast Guard member this is a temp Job. Once contract is complete the jobs will be returned to the fleet.
Great place
Seaman/E-3 (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 10, 2014
Great People, you get to travel and you learn a lot! You do fun and exciting things that you would not be qualifed to do in the cilivian world. You get trained here to do your job right.
Please find attached resume
Yeoman 2nd Class /Administrative Assistant for U.S (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 8, 2014
I loved working for The United States Coast Guard. There's nothing better than coming home from a hard day of work knowing that what you do has an impact on the United States. There's no greater feeling than serving your country.
Very hardwork but necessary.
Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: travel, experience.
Cons: being away from home often
I learned how to be a team player and the value in it. Best of all working for my country was the best reward.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Coast Guard

The United States Coast Guard (USCG) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces and one of the country's seven uniformed services. – Read more

U.S. Coast Guard Photos