U.S. Coast Guard

U.S. Coast Guard Employer Reviews

Active Duty Military with United States Coast Guard
Electrician's Mate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CaliforniaApril 27, 2014
• Installations of motors, transformers, and distributions panels.
• Trouble shooting pertaining to all electrical equipment on shore & marine
• Knowledge of all electrical test equipment
• Skills to read wiring diagrams to diagnose the faulty component or piece of machinery.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, – more... defects, and the need for adjustment or repair to ensure compliance with codes.
• Knowledge and experience with 440VAC,240VAC, 208VAC & 120 VAC
• PLC Control systems
• Usage of metering equipment
• Retrofits with incandescent lights to LED’s
• Skilled in soldering
• Experience with working with circuit cards – less
Supply Technician (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 25, 2014
Pros: keeping good relationships with vendors
Cons: low morale
Purchasing, receiving, and shipping materials.
Inventory.
Great Service
Gunner's Mate (Former Employee), San Pedro, CaApril 25, 2014
• U.S. Coast Guard Achievement Medal, Received for Supervising and Establishing of a New Unit
• U.S. Army Achievement Medal, Received for Supervision and Management of Unit During Deployment
• U.S. Coast Guard Letter of Commendation, Received One for Successfully Completing an Independent Duty Assignment and Another for Assisted Duty Assignment.
• U.S. – more... Coast Guard Good Conduct Medal, Received Four for Satisfactory Conduct for Twelve Years of Service – less
a life changing job
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 25, 2014
I was very blessed to have served my country. Being on the US coast Guard was a life changing event for me. I was able to experience and learn a variety of skills, knowledge and discipline. for the time i worked there my superiors were very open to my concerns, improvement and well being. When i completed my time in order to go back to school i was – more... happy to have honorably served the military. – less
Numerous positions held
Chief Warrant Officer (Former Employee), Various locationsApril 17, 2014
Great people and was stationed in numerous locations across the country.
USCG is the BEST!
FS2 (Former Employee), Denton, TXApril 17, 2014
USCG is the BEST! Lots of Job Advancement, and really good at teaching people skills.
CHALLENGING
Housing Specialist (Former Employee), Key West, FLApril 14, 2014
AFTER OVER 30 YEARS, RETIREMENT WAS EAGERLY ANTICIPATED. AS FORREST GUMP WOULD SAY, "THAT'S ALL I'M GONNA SAY ABOUT THAT".

+++
Paralegal Specialist
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 13, 2014
Paralegal Specialist for the Hearing Office for Vessel violations.
Challenging work with alot of management probelms
Vessel Monitoring and Emergency management (Current Employee), Anchorage, AkApril 11, 2014
Typical work day varied depending on what rank and job you proformed. Mostly stood betweeen 2 to 3 12 hour days, with 2 to 3 days off. ON days off you could be called in for training or work related issues.
Good way to pay for college
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Cape Cod, MAApril 10, 2014
Pros: job security and good benefits
Coast Guard experience depend on your supervisor and location
Great working environment.
SEAMAN E-3 / ASSISTANT HOUSING MANAGER (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 10, 2014
Military. Had to know more than basic knowledge. High stress. Learned valuable lessons to grow mentally and physically.
Diverse posibilities
Operational Specialist Second Class (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 5, 2014
The Coast Guard is a great place to work. There are many possibilities and opportunities in the Coast Guard. In adition, it is what you make of it. The only downside is you are subjct to the needs of the Coast Guard, which means you do not always have a choice where you go and what you do.
Fantastic Armed Service
Regulator / Auditor (Current Employee), Jacksonville flApril 1, 2014
The US Coast Guard is an excellent company to work for. They understand the value that the employees add to the organization.
Smallest Brach of US Armed Forces
Food Service Officer/ Galley Supervisor (Current Employee), United StatesMarch 29, 2014
With over 20 years I have gained a wealth of experience to handle pretty much any situation I am faced with. Training is well rounded and not just limited to your specialty
Very rewarding with great responsibility placed upon junior members.
Senior Chief Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 25, 2014
Great Organization! Junior member have numerous opportunities to excel. Advancement based off of performance and proficiency in your skill set.
A hard and stressful job with fun people
Aids to Navigation Technician and Boat Crew (Former Employee), AmericaMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: everything else is terrible
A hard and stressful job with fun people. You must move a lot.
Great Meaningful job
Machinery Technician (Former Employee), Garibaldi, ORMarch 22, 2014
This is a great resume builder and your work has meaning. You help people and your country while building skills and tools to help you succeed in the future. Would also be a great career path for those interested.
Great place to work, fosters team work and leadership
Officer in Charge Coast Guard Cutter BONITO (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great structure
Cons: never enough money in budget
It could start with taking the ship out for Search and rescue, or Law Enforcement case. If the weather is rough, I learn who is my go to people and work from there to mentor my people to get them up to speed and help them understand their job. I enjoy my co-workers and watching their progress, advancing and becoming experts at what we do. The hardest – more... part is because we transfer and I lose good people who I have developed a relationship with, and they leave. – less
Great experience
Manager In Training (Former Employee), New OrleansMarch 18, 2014
Pros: healthcare, reliable, outstanding discipline
Cons: moving around to often
I was a very proud member of the United States Coast Guard. I accomplished every goal and set my sights on other business ventures.
typical day was working all different types of hours
Petty Officer (Former Employee), Rhode IslandMarch 17, 2014
Pros: insurance was good
Cons: managers were terrible leaders.
I enjoyed my day sometimes. I never knew what the day was going to bring. I had to be very flexible. I worked hard for my money.

About U.S. Coast Guard

The United States Coast Guard (USCG) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces and one of the country's seven uniformed services. – Read more